WOW air

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Verified Review | Chicago to Frankfurt via Reykjavik. This is the worst airline I have ever flown. I wish I would have paid a little more on another airline. The flight was about 250 dollars less than another airline at the time of booking. However, my back was hurting so much from sitting on these seats (not much cushion on these seat feels like wood, I sat on my jacket for 3 hours, and the whole way home). This airline charges you for everything and anything, be aware, the price of baggage is high (and this is were they get you). I feel they supplement the low ticket cost with baggage fee - anything you need you get charged. I was told at check in to make sure I carry something to drink, and food with me, because they do not offer anything to eat or drink (the whole flight), not even a cookie. I paid 10.00 for 2 small bottle of water on way back (either dehydrate or purchase). During the flight they hawk perfume, colon, beauty products made in Iceland (their main hub). After calculating the cost of this flight, I actually paid 18 dollars more than the other airline (and I would have received a meal for such a long flight. I still have no idea why they need 4-5 flight attendants on each flight. The only plus: staff was nice
RouteChicago to Frankfurt via Reykjavik
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Probably the worst airline ever"

Verified Review | Baltimore to Keflavik. Probably the worst airline ever. They removed all the luggage from the flight before it left BWI, citing a weight issue. When we arrived in Iceland they was a long line of passengers reporting missing luggage. This was after charging $60 for one bag! It is now two days later and they have not deliver the luggage to Iceland. They have no customer service and no explanation for the missing luggage. I suspect that they collected all of the baggage fees and just never sent the bags. Using the overhead cost $44.00. Seats are really small and everything costs money on the flight, even a cup of water.
RouteBaltimore to Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the worst airline I have ever flown"

Verified Review | Paris to Chicago via Keflavik. This is by far the worst airline that I have ever flown on. We were prepared for a cheap flight but not one that cancelled the flight then told you that you were on your own and they couldn't get you home for ten days. On top of this they have no customer Service whatsoever. The help that they have are contracted labor and are given and are allowed to only do boarding passes and luggage tags no other no abilities - except to use the same line for every canceled flight. That Line is "someone died on the flight the day before so we had to cancel all flights". So they canceled three days of flights told us we were on our own and they couldn't fly us out until 10 days later. Be aware you will get dumped on and left in some foreign port. Fancy airlines uniforms down make good customer service. It would be nice if they simply told the truth or had a Customer Service Representative which they have no training in and no customer service. I'm sorry that I am rattling on here but I just found that gave me a full refund - except it didn't include my wife's ticket. Nor did it include the cost of two other tickets and rooms for another night.
RouteParis to Chicago via Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"it was totally worth it"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Keflavik. We had no trouble with this airline and our trip to Iceland turned out spectacular! Knowing that this was a no-frills carrier we only packed our backpacks to fit as personal items and brought lots of snacks just before boarding so we wouldn't have to pay extra. Outbound flight was delayed but return was very timely, and the crew was very nice to us. The only downside is sometimes they don't dim the lights while flying at night so bring a sleeping mask and headphones and you'll be fine. For $1100 round trip for both me and my girlfriend it was totally worth it.
RouteLos Angeles to Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline I ever came across"

Verified Review | The worst airline I ever came across. I was traveling to Paris from Toronto via Keflavik on September 25. Upon arriving to Toronto to check my luggage in, there seemed to be an issue with my passport. I was terrified thinking I wouldn't be able to fly for some reason. It turned out that because I didn't add my hyphenated last name they couldn't verify if it was me or not - mind you I have a unique Islamic first name and my last name is also unique West African. Not only that, but I could verify through my photo that it was indeed me. The seats were terrible, I haven't even been on seats that small whilst traveling within my own country. They don't serve anything (food & beverages) not even water. We connected in Iceland to another WOW Air plane. This plane was no better than the last. There was an emergency in the sky and a woman had a seizure we promptly landed in Scotland. I admire the way that the pilot and staff handled the situation and I'm glad that the woman is alive and well. Upon arriving in Paris my luggage was nowhere to be found. The ground team told me I would get it by "tonight or tomorrow morning" well at this exact moment it's "tomorrow night". This company has no customer service agent who can tell me exactly where my bag is after 24+hrs. It's ridiculous. I'm in one of the most expensive cities in the world with no money or clothing or even hygiene care items. I will never ever travel with WOW Air again.
RouteToronto to Paris via Keflavik

"Horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Paris to Toronto via Keflavik. Horrible customer service and they have no staff or representatives at airports. Our flight home was cancelled less than 2 hours before take-off, and WOW Air told us the next flight they could book us on is in 7 days. The only other option they gave us to full refund of the return journey and a hotel voucher for one night. The only way to even reach a WOW air rep is by telephone, and most of the time they either pretend not to be able to hear you or drop your call. If you're lucky enough to speak to a rep, they flat out tell you they cannot help you get on another flight and are generally unhelpful. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, my call was dropped. Stay away!
RouteParis to Toronto via Keflavik

"seats were cramped"

Verified Review | Check-in was terrible; no signs in airport, not obvious where to drop baggage. Baggage fees are totally ridiculous! Paid CAD 165 to check one under and take a carry on. Was allowed a personal item for free. Seats were cramped and only reclined 5cm, not enough to be meaningful. Have to say cabin crews were nice and friendly. I did not purchase any food (no freebies, everything for $$ on an international flight) In the end, I wish I sprung an extra $200 on a 'real' airline that would check my bags and feed me without gouging me at every turn. Will not fly again.
RouteMontreal to Stockholm via Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"This team is not professional"

Verified Review | Boston to Gatwick via Keflavik. This was an unfortunate experience that cost me $1500 in addition to the $900 wowair ticket. My advice: stay away. The online check-in service confirmed that I checked in on the leg back. When I got to the airport, they hadn't emailed my ticket, but only a PDF w/ the additional bag charge. Then they literally didn't have a check-in service at Gatwick to check-in. i.e. There wasn't a "WOW air" window. The agents at Gatwick were like, "Yeah I don't know where they are, actually. I don't really get them." So, the cost of you trusting their online check-in service is not being able to board the flight. That's a serious cost! I tried to reach out to customer service. They emailed back 6 days later, citing a terms and conditions clause that didn't apply to my scenario. Fly other airlines if you want to go the economic route. This team is not professional.
RouteBoston to Gatwick via Keflavik

"modern-looking purple décor"

Verified Review | I wasn't expecting much when I booked a $279.99 ticket from Berlin to Boston via Keflavik 2 days before I made the trip. I saw that food as well as baggage was for extra purchase. Knowing I would only be carrying one suitcase I did not make any preparations regarding food or baggage. The ticket attendant told me that it would cost me money to ship my baggage. However, after my card was declined, she waived the fee. I was pleasantly surprised when I boarded the plane with its modern-looking purple decor. Clean seats and nice carpet. Pleasant experience on the aircraft. The attendants wearing magenta and looking like models. It's also convenient that all the seats have American as well as different varieties of European electric outlets for your laptop, phone, whatever. I just wish that the aircraft had wifi. I purchased a sandwich for $9.99 and a drink for $3.50. A little on the expensive side but okay. Both legs of the trip, Berlin-Reykjavik and Reykjavik to Boston went smoothly. My only complaint with the airline, besides the lack of wi-fi on board, is that they lost my baggage from Reykjavik to Boston. However, since it was the heavy suitcase they had shipped anyway for free, I'm not complaining that they eventually found it (a week later) and are now shipping it to my home for free. That means it has made its way from Berlin, Germany to the Midwestern United States for no cost whatsoever to me.
RouteBerlin to Boston via Keflavik
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"lack of service is friendly"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Miami to Copenhagen via Reykavik. I couldnt book a ticket online because it kept "Declining" payment and I got an Error message saying that I should call hotline and give them the error message. I called their Hotline and they didnt care about the Error Message. No matter what I said, they declined and kept talking and talking without listening. They claimed it was not possible to book other than Economy seats through their hotline then suddenly they found my Pre-Reservation through my Email and could confirm that I indeed had their Extra Economy Seat up front. They went ahead and processed it and I ended up not getting Food or Extra luggage. I had ordered extra luggage (2nd check-in luggage), but if you havent flown with them before before and you order the full package and it says 1 luggage (and not the other things like seat and carry on extras) you assume that the 1 luggage stated is the extra luggage, so I ended up having an argument with them at Check-in. There were several double bookings on the flight where people had the same seat number in their Premium Economy seats. The service is friendly or rather, the lack of service is friendly. They could learn a lot from Norwegian that just make everything so simple and fast. They constantly jabber in the loudspeakers before and during the flight.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy