WOW air

WOW air customer review

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Toronto to Copenhagen via Keflavik . It was one of the most terrible airlines I have travelled with. There was no services provided by the airlines. They don't even provide water on board (I paid 1000 dollars for flight and I had to pay for water). In flight Entertainment is too much to ask for from this airline. The principle of WOW is to provide the cheapest fare with nothing included. They have 0 flexibility regarding the baggage size and weight. I highly recommend to choose any other airline even if it is a little bit higher fare. Overall I would give 1* out of 5.
RouteToronto to Copenhagen via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"not to bother ordering a meal"

Not Verified | Keflavik to Stansted. I didn't have the awful problems a lot of others seem to have but I warn potential customers not to bother ordering a meal. I did order meals on two flights, and although they had them, and obviously had my name and seat number attached to them, they didn't bother actually serving them to me until I asked several times. The first time I got to eat the meal just before we started descent into Reykjavik. They had done the trolley service and the duty free service, and in the end I had to ask for it as it looked as if they weren't going to serve it, and then the attendant asked if I really wanted to have it heated up, which was obviously an nuisance to her, and would take another 10 minutes. It would have been disgusting to eat mustard chicken cold! On my second flight, it was again obvious they weren't going to give me my pre-paid meal unless I asked for it, and again they delayed heating it up until they'd finished the other services. I understand it's a budget airline, but if you pre-pay for their crap meals, at least they should make an effort to serve them up in good time. By the way, the check-in at Dublin was a nightmare - massively long queue and no online check-in facility or self check-in machines. Reykjavik self check-in was really good though. I got through in a minute flat.
RouteKeflavik to Stansted
Date FlownJune 2018

"nickel-and-dime you to death"

Not Verified | WOW looks appealing because of the price. Don't be deceived. They'll nickel-and-dime you to death. First of all, we had to pay an extra $110 each way to be allowed to bring our carry-on bags on board. If you want a seat that tilts more than an inch or two, you pay for it. In-flight entertainment? Forget it. One of our planes didn't even have USB power jacks to keep your device charged. And there was no in-flight Internet either. They were perfectly willing to rent you an iPad for $25, however. Everything including water was charged. A lady on the plane asked for water to swallow medication. She had to buy bottled water. The flight attendants were almost superfluous since they did very little other than chat in the back and swipe credit cards. Really disappointed and have no intention of flying WOW again. I thought Icelandair was rough, but they're luxury compared to WOW.
RouteNewark to Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"obliged to pay a compensation"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Frankfurt via Keflavik. I am writing this review based on my experience with the WOW air customer service, after issuing a complaint. I was flying with WOW air in Dec 2016 from the USA to Germany. The comfort on the flight is low. Beverages and food are not included in the ticket fare. My flight left BWI 3 hours late. I missed my connection flight in KEF to FRA due to that. I was told, that I would take the same flight that I had missed on the next day. Instead, I was send to COP where I had to take another flight to FRA. This resulted in a 36h delay. There were direct flights available from KEF to FRA, but WOW air refused to book those. Moreover, I had to pay in COP again for my luggage. Up to this day, I did not receive any kind of compensation. I registered a claim right after Christmas in 2016. I called and contacted the customer service several times and was always told, that my case would be send to a supervisor as a priority. Nothing happened. WOW air is obliged by EU regulations to pay a compensation of 600€, but instead is intentionally delaying the process and hoping for its customers to abandon their rights.
RouteBaltimore to Frankfurt via Keflavik
Date FlownJuly 2017

"never travel this airline again"

Not Verified | Left Toronto on time. If I'd known before leaving Toronto that the connection from Reykjavik to Dublin would be 8 hours I would not have left Canada. There were literally hundred of people stranded with 3 planes that did not arrive. One from Dublin, Paris and Germany. So hundreds of people and no one thereto advise until 4:30am when one lovely man tried his best to advise people and who didn't have any vouchers to hand out and absolutely nothing to offer to elderly, people with babies, children and all the others got nothing. I tried to get on Icelandair which was leaving and was told that one ticket remained and one way was 850 US$. The planes and staff are fabulous, no water on board only ice cubes. Everything is very expensive and in US currency. I have yet to claim but don't expect to get any compensation. I would never travel this airline again.
RouteToronto to Dublin via Reykjavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"Literally the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Amsterdam via Keflavik. Literally the worst airline I have ever been on. The employee at the Montreal desk did not give me the tag receipt for my luggage. When I landed in Amsterdam my luggage was not there. All they told me to do was fill out this form and wait for them to call me until they found. But I knew that these airline could careless about finding my luggage. So I called so many numbers and emailed the airline/ handling agent and they all keep telling me to wait. In addition, the handing agent is "responsible" for your luggage and not Wow air. I could not wait no longer because they gave me no information at all, they did not tell if it's delayed or if it's totally missing. Anyways I asked my mother to go the Montreal airport which was where I checked in to talk to a wow representative and after 2 trips going to the airport and 3 hours a employee finally went down to luggage loading area to look for it and magically their it was still in Montreal and it did not have a bag tag. I do not recommend choosing this airline. I know the prices are cheap but it's not worth it all the customer service is a 0/10. I am never going on this airline again.
RouteMontreal to Amsterdam via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"did not mind paying fees"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Dallas via Reykjavik. Overall the experience with Wow Air was good given the fact that we knew it was a budget airline. We did not mind paying fees for checked bags, carry on bags, seat selection and more, because the fare was very affordable. We did not expect excellent service but we were pleasantly surprised. The aircraft were new and clean. Both flights were delayed about 30 minutes but the planes could catch up with schedule in the air and we happened to arrive almost on time.
AircraftA330-343
RouteFrankfurt to Dallas via Reykjavik

"did nothing to help"

Trip Verified | Dallas to Gatwick via Keflavik. I normally do not write bad reviews, but I feel obligated to let others know about the trap that I fell into. If you’re planning on flying with this airline, please consider reading my experience and the lesson that I learned. I will certainly never fly with WOW air again. To summarize it, WOW delayed our flight nearly 8 hours causing us and everyone on our plane to miss our connections in Iceland. It was said that we were delayed because "technical difficulties that led to overbooking". We got to the Dallas airport more than 4 hours before the scheduled flight, but ended up waiting in a line of several hundred people for almost 6 hours before the WOW staff even bothered to show up at their check in desk. Apparently, there were about 3 plane-loads of people, and only 1 small plane, so they made a randomized list of who was going to get to fly that day, and we were "lucky" enough to be on it. Eventually, about 8 hours after the flight had ben scheduled to leave, we finally boarded the plane. Everyone on the plane had connections to somewhere in Europe, and it was pretty obvious that all of us would be missing those connections being so late. We were all worried and asked about what would happen. We were told that we would be "taken care of" once we got to Iceland, but instead, no one was there. Not a single WOW employee was in the airport who could help us. They did absolutely nothing to help anyone, basically stranding all of us in Iceland. Everything through WOW was booked for days, and we waited in lines for hours hoping for help, but eventually we had to book another flight ourselves through a different airline to get out of Iceland, costing me more than $1300 just to get to a destination I had already paid to get to through WOW. They had absolutely zero concern for helping anyone and basically canceled our flight after bringing us half way and into a foreign county. It was a horrible experience, and even though I was told I would receive a refund for the flight that they did not provide, I have still not received it more than 2 weeks later. Although I was lucky enough to get out of Iceland that day, I believe that most people did not. I remember leaving the line at the unhelpful service desk to look for other flights and seeing a line of a couple hundred people, including families and small children, sitting on the concrete floor waiting and hoping for Wow air to do something. I don’t have a problem with cheap airlines and I understand that sometimes unforeseeable things happen that cause problems and delays. But the way that a company handles problems matters. I have flown many times with many different airlines, and I have never had an experience as terrible as this one. If you have a week to spare, no plans made ahead of time, a lot of extra cash, and you don’t mind being stuck in an airport for days at a time, then go ahead - book a flight with Wow. Otherwise, you may want to look somewhere else. I will certainly never be lured into flying with this company ever again.
RouteDallas to Gatwick via Keflavik

"tried to reschedule"

Trip Verified | New York to Berlin via Keflavik. The worst experience of my life. Got to JFK and forgot my passport, tried to reschedule but Wow said no changes! A 1200$+ ticket totally lost. Unreal.
RouteNew York to Berlin via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"staff clueless and indifferent"

Trip Verified | Flight from Toronto to Reykjavik was cancelled at last minute. I find out only after arriving at airport. Airport staff were clueless and indifferent. Was given an email address to claim refund. Four months later, despite over 20 letters and despite having completed their online claim form numerous times, have only been refunded for my air fare. Have received absolutely zero refund for hundreds of dollars spent on WOW air website booking hotel, tours and airport flybus. Their "customer swrvice" comes down to: delay, delay, deny claim, keep money. My advice: Stay very far away from this terrible company.
RouteToronto to Reykjavik