WOW air

"it is not worth it"

Not Verified | Chicago to Dublin via Keflavik. Worse airline ever! Absolutely the worst customer service.You have to dig to find customer service phone number and then wait on hold for hours, for me 1.5 hours at one point. On our way back from Iceland in April we waited on late travelers from Paris, we then were late arriving and missed our connecting flight, and had to rent a car and drive 4 hours home to work the next day, out of our pocket. You have to submit a claim to be compensated and this was denied, after waiting 3 months for a response! Do not fly with them it is not worth it for a reduced cost flight.
RouteChicago to Dublin via Keflavik
Date FlownApril 2018

"customer service was just rude"

Not Verified | Dublin to Boston via Keflavik. My wife and I flew this route home from our honeymoon. We waited for 90 minutes to check in in Dublin, paid $180USD to check two bags (which would be considered carry-ons on other airlines), and we were not able to sit together. Our flight left late, so we had to sprint across KEF airport to get our next flight. Needless to say, our bags didn't make it. We got to Boston and were without out luggage for six days. The process to file a claim for these bags was painful at best. Finally we receive our bags and they're heavily damaged. We were advised to file a claim for the lost bags, damage, baggage fees, and a per diem. This claim was flat out rejected after providing photos of our damaged bags and customer service was just rude.
RouteDublin to Boston via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"not worth the purported savings"

Trip Verified | In one itinerary, Copenhagen to San Francisco via Reykjavík, we had inconsistent treatment with our luggage, where the same luggage size authorized for any other airline worked from SFO to Copenhagen, but not Back. I ended up spending, in front of hundreds of amused onlookers about 20 minutes moving things around, getting drenched in sweat, just to have them charge me anyway for 1/2 an inch which fits on any airplane. All to just say in the end “we need to charge you 201 DKK or approximately $25 additional dollars. On top of this, when my son had to make a change to his itinerary on the website, it shows $99 to make the change, then charged his card $548 USD! It is not worth the purported savings, it’s just not! Power didn’t work, no entertainment, didn’t deliver our prepaid food, horrible airline! Forget customer service, they have none. They hung up on us 3 times and are only served from India, don’t acknowledge any bugs on their site are possible.
Aircraft A321
RouteCopenhagen to San Francisco via Reykjavík
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Customer service non-existent"

Trip Verified | Paris to Baltimore via Keflavik. It's difficult to write a review because I do not know where to start. Lets begin with the booking. Customer service (if it is deemed it exists) is non-existent. The average phone wait is about 40 minutes. I lost my luggage in Paris, and I had asked that I not be charged for the baggage. At the airport (where the wait was approximately 3 hours, since they had 2 flights to KEF at 6:30 and 6:35) I was assured that I could contact the office in USA to be refunded. When I came to the USA, I was politely told by the Airlines that once they had the money from me, there is no way on earth that I could get it back. i.e. I was being charged for service that I was not provided. Lessons learned is that you pay no money upfront. Well the airlines is cheap, i.e. cheap that they do not even provide a blanket. They will sell you a Cheap blanket with their advertisement for $20. I understand the concept of No-Frills airlines. I am ready to shell money for the extra services that I need like food etc. But $12 for a $1.50 vodka or $3.80 for a tiny black coffee is in my opinion a bit too much. The staff in the plane were helpful. But on the whole, this experience sucked. Needless to say they get 1 out of 10, and that is only because of the staff in the plane. Customer support should be revamped.
RouteParis to Baltimore via Keflavik
Date FlownJuly 2018

"had delays left and right"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I've experienced so far. We had delays left and right. When we arrived to KEF airport they notified us that they overbooked our flight and that we are now getting flown to a different airport in Lyon, France instead of CDG. Upon arriving we were thrown on a bus and had a 6 hour bus ride to CDG. Every connection we had was late and cut our vacation short one whole day. Never again with this airline. Garbage.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris CDG

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever on any airline. Charged $69 for a suitcase I have used 9 times in 15 years from BWI to Europe. Always carried on with me. Never have a carry on or purse, only my suitcase. My godchild was charged as well. This trip was for her a first time Europe visit because she has stage 4 cancer. Our seats were separate coming and going as were most passengers around us. Return trip I bought a small carry on and thinned my suitcase. This time I was charged $80. Other passengers boarding were even speaking up that this was wrong. No food, tv or perks - the steward was great but he should be with a more customer friendly airline. I would never ever give anyone a tip on flying this wow.Awful
RouteBaltimore to Frankfurt via Keflavik
Date FlownMay 2018

"absolutely dreadful"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Cleveland via Keflavik. Appalling airline. Arrived in Iceland after diverting to Belfast. Flight cancelled, had to stay in Iceland (not a bad thing) for 2 nights. The customer service was absolutely dreadful - I know these guys put up with a lot, but the two ladies we spoke to were rude, bickering between themselves and downright ignorant. The return flight from Cleveland was even worse - sat on tarmac for 3.5 hours, so we left the plane of our own accord - good job - the flight left around 4 hours after schedule, arriving in Iceland where it was delayed for a further 12 hours. I understand from texts I received from the airline that they ended up charting a Ryanair aircraft that flew via Dublin to Gatwick! Do not use this airline. Nothing to do with it being a budget airline, I am not convinced they pay their airport fees/slots on time.
RouteStansted to Cleveland via Keflavik

"disappointed and angry"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Keflavik. Will never fly this airline again. They had terrible customer service, and were quite rude while checking bags in. In addition, I had to pay 100$ to check my bag, and they only allowed one small carry on bag. This is completely absurd as this was an international flight! Extremely disappointed and angry at the unexpected extra charges.
RouteGatwick to Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"customer service if offensive"

Trip Verified | Dallas to Frankfurt via Keflavik. Worst customer service ever. Cancelled flight to Dallas and dumped me in Ohio in the middle of the night. Not met by anyone from WOW till 3 a.m. No help in getting home. Finally bought a ticket on my own to Dallas. After two weeks, the bags eventually showed up, and only after I called wrote and email a dozen times. Applying for compensation is a nightmare. The "simple" forms which WOW requires one to file out are not simple. The whole enterprise is a Catch 22. You need a booking number, I am told. There is none. WOW sends an email saying the booking number is on the email. It is not. I cannot tell if these actions are intentionally or negligently plain stupid. WOW's customer service if offensive. The money saved by booking WOW was and is not worth the effort.
RouteDallas to Frankfurt via Keflavik
Date FlownJune 2018

"Terrible experience with WoW"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with WoW. We flew from Pittsburgh to Amsterdam via Rejkyavik. The first flight was slightly late, making us slightly late to our 2nd gate, however we still got there 30 min ahead of time. We were told that the plane was full and that we couldn't get on the flight (they actually first tried to tell us that our boarding passes were wrong and we were really on a later flight, until we showed them our flight confirmation email). We had to wait 2 hours for a 2nd flight (the flight we were "really supposed to be on") and it didn't end up taking off/landing until 3 hours after our original flight. We submitted claims on Wow Air's website, stating that we were denied boarding even though we arrived at our flight on time. WoW Air's terms and conditions state that boarding closes 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. It took them 3 months, and then they denied our claim because they said that our "flight was not delayed more than 3 hours, and therefore under the EU policy, it is not claimable". I tried to call them and explain that we weren't submitting a claim for the flight being delayed, but for being refused the seat that we paid for and pushed to another one, even though we followed their terms that they set out for arriving to the gate on time. I was transferred to a supervisor, he called WoW Air's claims department and said there was nothing he could do and there was no one else I could talk to.
RoutePittsburgh to Amsterdam via Keflavik