Vueling Airlines

"Never fly with Vueling"

Trip Verified | Dubrovnik to London Stansted. Never fly with Vueling. No one in their company ever knows what is going on. I was supposed to fly from Croatia to London and the engine failed on our plane and they told me I would be stranded for a week. They did not provide accommodations for my friend and I. We are 20 year old girls alone and they left us in the middle of nowhere. On top of that we were promised 250 euro compensation and it has now been over 2 months and I am yet to receive the money. I have lost hundreds of dollars to this company. Every time I call I have been hung up on and they refuse to allow me to talk to a supervisor. They have told me three times in a row when I will receive my money and each time they fail to follow through with their promise. Vueling is a terrible airline and I would not fly with them under any circumstances.
RouteDubrovnik to London Stansted
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"efficient little flight"

Not Verified | A Coruña to London. On time, efficient little flight. No problems. Quick enough to board, stewardess were polite. Would fly again. People need to appreciate these are a budget airline so you get what you pay for. If you don't expect spoiling, you shouldn't be disappointed
RouteA Coruña to London
Date FlownMay 2018

"time to not be on time"

Trip Verified | Never take this airline as a connection, only take it if you have time to not be on time. I bought 5 tickets, where 2 were delayed, 1 was cancelled and 2 were on time. Amsterdam to Barcelona on time, Barcelona to Valencia 1h 50m late (too late for a connection flight and had to buy a new ticket) Amsterdam to Porto on time, Lisbon to Amsterdam Cancelled (due to a strike) and moved to 2 days later (we got hotel, beverages and food all included, very good service) or we could get our money back plus compensation to find another ticket. Lisbon to Amsterdam 2.30h late. As you can see, not a very good number only two out of 5 tickets got me there in time. The personnel was very nice, probably also a bit annoyed by the delays. The ground personnel was not very friendly, the service is okay, the communication is great. I don't complain often, but these are my basic expectations of a low cost company: Get me there and on time!
RouteAmsterdam to Valencia via Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2018

"not recommend this airline"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Amsterdam. Series of worst experiences ever. I would not give this airline another chance. I am an international student in Barcelona staying under valid student residency permit (NIE), which legally allows me to travel to Schengen states in Europe. I was denied to board on the plane from Barcelona to Amsterdam because their internal policy did not take my student NIE as official residency permit (which is not aligned with the law.) The plane took off, and I went to Police Immigration and confirm that I am legally allowed to travel with my documents. I checked with other airlines (Ryanair, transavia) to confirm that I can fly with my documents. After having the police talk to Vueling, they do some internal coordination to make an exception for me to put me on the flight next day. Since they told me that there is no guarantee this same trouble would not happen again, so I wanted to get refund and fly with another airline, but they refused. After writing a formal complaint though their customer service, explaining how they are being discriminatory toward certain nationalities to not allow them to travel when they are legally entitled to, they refunded my ticket, but instead of refunding one-way, they refunded my return ticket as well from Amsterdam to Barcelona without my consent and I could not get on my flight back at night, ended up staying one more night in Amsterdam and buying another flight at much more expensive fare. They over booked me and put me in the flight next day. They said after sending bank account information it would take few days to transfer, and now after 12 days, I still haven't received anything (I think they do this on purpose.) Dealing with Vueling is very stressful, ends up costing you more, and I would not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam

Vueling Airlines customer review

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Barcelona. This is the worst airline I have travelled with! Both ways the flight were delayed by hours. Different boarding time were announced several times, because they couldn’t make the first. Both ways the gates were changed three times. Extremely disappointing experience!
RouteBudapest to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2018

"such a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Fez to Barcelona. Flight delayed 13+ hours. Worst customer service I have ever experienced, no updates or news on why the plane was delayed. Apparently there was no actual plane to board!! It took 13 delayed hours to arrange a plane, pilot and cabin crew. The plane was filthy (crumbs, food, rubbish) when we got on, so obviously not cleaned before we departed, but by then I was relieved to be in the air. Never had such a terrible experience in all my years of flying!!
RouteFez to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2018

"I am deeply disappointed"

Trip Verified | My trip started in Stuttgart, I was supposed to fly into Barcelona and catch my connecting flight to Naples there. I was going to stay in Naples for the weekend of Nov 17-19, 2017. As I was only staying there for a weekend, I only had hand luggage with me. As I was boarding the plane, the flight attendant took away my backpack claiming the aircraft was full and I had to check my bag. Since I had not planned on checking it, I had nothing with me when they lost the luggage. They found it two days later and let me pick it up on my way back to Stuttgart. In the meantime, I had numerous expenses of about 100-150€. I learned recently that you can get a refund for luggage mishandling. I called the airline several times, but they are refusing to handle my case. They do not seem willing to help me with my request. I am deeply disappointed in their customer service.
RouteStuttgart to Naples via Bacelona
Date FlownNovember 2017

"terrible experience"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Paris to Prague. Beware, just because you purchased a ticket doesn't mean you'll have a seat on your flight! Eventually haggled hard enough to make our way on, but terrible experience nonetheless - late flight and non existent service. You get what you pay for with these clowns.
RouteParis to Prague
Date FlownApril 2018

"Very satisfied about the flight"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Barcelona. I really do not get why there are so many negative reviews, this flight was very good. Nice new plane. Friendly staff. Sure you have to pay for your drinks but you know that in front. And 2.5 euro for beer is a very good price. Space is not much but for a flight of less than 2 hours it is fine. Very satisfied about the flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2018

"how can they be so late?"

Trip Verified | Late again. They were late flying from Barcelona to Malta on 11th April, but on the return trip it was even way worse. 21st April return. Supposed to be leaving at 00:10h but acccording to them (their website) they left: 02:03h. Strange that my watch was showing 02:13. They clocked just before the famous 2 hours "free drink" and mine after. With so few people on the plane, how can they be so late - and at this time at night. At 01:55 they sent an email what we are finally have to go to the gate and at 02:03 - just 8 minutes later - the plane leaves. Never ever. And why do they send emails that they are late and not SMS messages? Surely I don't want to check emails ever minute when waiting for my plane.
RouteMalta to Barcelona