Vueling Airlines

"the most cramped, uncomfortable, seating"

Verified Review | Flew Vueling from Santiago de Compostela to London Gatwick. For anyone taller than six foot, expect the most cramped, uncomfortable, seating legally permitted. Legroom is painfully restricted. Pay more for seating with a few extra inches of space. Or better yet, pay more to fly with an airline that treats their customers with a little more consideration and respect.
RouteSantiago de Compostela to London Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I'd had enough of Vueling"

Verified Review | San Sebastián to Brest via Barcelona. Vueling re-routed our flight via Bilbao, but while this delayed our arrival in Barcelona by 2 hours, we still arrived in time for my flight to Brest. However as we were boarding my boarding pass set off a a red light at the scanner. Vueling staff said I couldn't board as I was not on their scheduled passenger list. I showed them my flight booking confirmation etc but no amount of pleading would they help or allow me to board. I was told to go to the transfer desk to get another flight. The queue at the transfer desk involved a 45min wait as there was only one staff member. There I was told they couldn't help and that I needed to go to the Vueling ticketing office outside the secure area of the airport and that it wasn't clear where my checked-in bag was. I went to the baggage area and queued for 20mins after looking for my bags. They didn't know and just said to come back later! I went to ticketing and queued for another 30mins - all this time knowing I was missing chances to board other flights but again Vueling had ridiculously low numbers of staff to assist. At ticketing they said I couldn't fly to Brest for 4 days, that I'd have to wait in Barcelona at my own expense for 4 days to fly. I was only going to Brest for 4 days so that was pointless. So I asked if I could fly to Nantes instead and then catch a bus to Brest. Yes was the answer. OK. So re-ticketed to Nantes I went back through airport security to the luggage counter to make sure my bags would be loaded on the Nantes flight. Another 30 minutes wait. They hadn't found my luggage but as the Nantes flight wasn't leaving for 4 hours there was time to find and load my bag. Wait 4 hours. Flight delayed for Nantes another 2 hours. OK wait again and at around midnight we finally board. But after boarding we wait on the tarmac for 20mins. Then the announcement that because we took too long to board the plane Vueling had lost their take-off allocation so we had to disembark. By now it was close to 1am. I'd been up since 5am to catch my first flight from San Sebastián. Back in the terminal Vueling's communication was appalling. Rather than make a group announcement, everyone was expected to queue at the transfer desk to be told individually what was happening! After standing around for another 45mins of total confusion we were told the next flight would be at 6.30am. We could go to a hotel for 3 hours or sit in the airport overnight. They gave us a voucher for a snack at a very ordinary cafe. The bad communication continued and as I'd already lost one day of a 4 day trip to Brest and would lose another day trying to get to Brest via Nantes, I decided to cut my losses and give up on getting to Brest and asked if I could go to Madrid instead. Yes, but not until 9.30pm that night! I couldn't cope with another 20 hours at Barcelona airport so asked for a refund. OK I could get a refund but I wouldn't get the money back for up to a month. Fine, I'd had enough of Vueling. Then I went to get my bags. Vueling couldn't find them. I waited two hours until 5am. Desperate to rest I got a train to Madrid and Vueling promised to deliver my bag to me asap in Madrid. It's now been more than 35 hours and Vueling still hasn't got my bag to me nor can they tell me when I'll get my bag!
RouteSan Sebastián to Brest via Bilbao

"Horrible Vueling Airlines"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Lisbon. The flight departure was scheduled at 18:40 hrs originally. It is now 21:40pm and there is no sign of the co-pilot which is the cause of the delay. The worst is that there is no information as to when we can leave or what is the plan of action. We have been waiting in the aircraft patiently for the last 2 hrs without any food etc. There is also a medical emergency that has taken place on the flight. It is just sad that due to a pilot not showing up we are expected to wait endlessly and there is no backup plan. We had to change our reservation details in the destination city as well. Never been on an unprofessional flight like this. The airline should compensate the passengers in some way. In the airplane and still waiting for intimation from the team as to when we are expected to depart. If only they had not let us board the flight, atleast we could have been at the airport with easy access to other facilities. Horrible Vueling Airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Lessons learnt from a missed connection"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Lessons learnt from a missed connection with Vueling. When I booked our trip from Venice to Seville on Vueling I wasn't worried that we had a 2.5 stopover in Barcelona, even though we were changing countries we were within the Schengen region so would only need to clear security (and this was before the new security screening procedures were introduced). Shortly before we left for the airport Tripit sent me a message saying the flight had been delayed, even though, according to the Vueling app it wasn't. Even when we checked in there was no mention of a delay. Long story short we ended up leaving over two hours late (which means we are entitled to 400 euro compensation each - good old EU). Of course we missed our connection (not by much though - if they'd had somebody waiting to rush us through to the gate we would have made it). There we no flights to Seville that night so Vueling said they would give us vouchers for dinner and a hotel. Ok, we thought, this has turned out to have a silver lining after all, as it was only 9pm we'd get to spend Saturday night in Barcelona - how bad can that be? Very, very bad as it turned out! As we had no checked baggage we were at the front of the 'passengers with incidents' queue where we were given our vouchers. Dinner was to be at the most basic of airport cafes (no alcohol of course) and we had to wait until 11.30 to get the bus to the hotel. Barcelona is a hub for Vueling so most of the people on the Venice flight had also missed connecting flights. There ended up being a full bus load of us. We decided not to wait and take a taxi at our expense to the hotel, the taxi driver had never heard of the hotel and when he looked it up on Google said "it's not even in Barcelona. I'm not sure how much it will cost but it will be at least 80 Euro" Gulp. Back to plan A. We got to the area where the bus was supposed to be and waited, and waited. Naturally nobody from Iberia or Vueling fronted up to let us know what was happening. We left sometime after midnight and drove for at least an hour to a hotel in the middle of nowhere. We finally made it to bed around 2am. The only bus back to the airport left at 5am! What would I do differently? I would collect my new flight booking and boarding pass and say no thanks to the offer of dinner and hotel room. I'd take a taxi to downtown and choose my own hotel and restaurant and have a memorably pleasant evening. I could afford to do this with the 400 euro compensation that I'd be getting from Vueling.
RouteVenice to Seville via Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2017

"Low cost is a joke"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Flew Vueling from Bucharest to Barcelona. I booked an EXCELLENCE class ticket with this airline, nobody from cabin crew team offered a smile at least, even though my ticket was confirmed on 1A seat with meal. What totally ruined my day was not the unfriendly cabin crew, but I missed the connection flight to Vigo because of a critical delay on the first flight, Bucharest to Barcelona. Low cost is a joke. It was, on contrary, very expensive. Many thanks to the nice lady at airport staff who helped me to reroute.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBucharest to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Least legroom I have had"

Verified Review | Olbia to Barcelona. Horrendous. Least legroom I have had on any airline and I have flown with a lot. Awful customer service. Will never fly with again and would not recommend. Air hostess was very unhelpful . I got to the check In desk 3.5 hrs before the flight as online check in was not possible
RouteOlbia to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Customer service is lacking"

Verified Review | I am a frequent flyer having flown different airlines including budget ones but this airline is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to on time services. Flight was on time when checked online prior to arrival to the airport. Customer Service at airport said it was unable to confirm on time or not because it was just over 2 hours prior to flying. Within 15 mins of due boarding indicator board stated delay of 20 then 30 then 45 minutes, all within 10 minute! Yes budget but seriously this is 2017 and for delays like this is unacceptable. What about those with connecting flights? Customer service is lacking. Jetstar Australia and Tiger Air can show you how its done. Same experience flying Barcelona to Palma delayed without advice until at the boarding gate waiting to board. Never again will I fly with them. I'd rather sail from Barcelona to Ibiza or Palma.
RouteIbiza to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2017

"a 2 hour grievance policy"

Verified Review | We booked a trip from Geneva to Barcelona and when I received the confirmation email (which showed only one passenger, not two), it showed we had bought tickets for Lyon to Barcelona. I phoned but the lines were closed so I left an email explaining the situation. The next morning I phoned and the lady refused to help me. She said she could not change the tickets or refund the money. We asked for a manager or some sort of help as we were both students traveling on a budget but she said she could not help us. I explained this was the airlines fault but she just repeated she could not help us. We phoned back several times until we got a new representative and the same scenario played out. Finally after we got him to understand our situation he told us they had a 2 hour grievance policy. The email never stated this nor did the website make any reference to this. This made us aware that they could change the flight and they just did not want to help us because they wanted our money. I explained again, after several attempts, that we emailed them immediately after we received the wrong tickets. He looked up my email and finally accepted to refund our money. No apologies for their mistakes and I am still waiting on my money to be refunded. I am appalled that an airline would not change the mistake they made and how unhelpful their "customer service" was. I am grateful they finally gave me a refund but I still do not understand why it took so much push from my end. What are two students traveling on a budget suppose to do with tickets from Lyon when they are in Geneva?
RouteGeneva to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2017

"seat pockets were filled with old garbage"

Verified Review | Flew from Prague to Paris. Flying with Vueling on that particular route was like flying in a garbage bin. On our way to Prague I noticed that the seats were from an older aircraft and that the floors were not vacuumed properly, the seat in front of me had a red wine stain and the water in the bathroom was stagnant and wouldn't flush. On our way back, our seat pockets were filled with old garbage (several gums, wrapping papers and something smelly). It made me nervous as I sat there and thought about what else were they neglecting. The flight attendants were doing their jobs, even though it felt like they were disorganized, and on both flight had to lunch and dine first, so there was a bit of a wait for the customers. They had trouble picking up the carnage before landing as there was little time left for it. Not a pleasant experience. Wouldn't recommend that route. Both Iberia and Vueling Airlines bookings end up on the same plane.
RoutePrague to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2017

"airline does not seem to care"

Verified Review | Rome to Split. My wife, and couple family members, and myself were on a very short flight from Rome to Split. The flight was very short and simple, but as the pilot checks the fuel, tire pressure and other things needed for the plane to take off properly, nobody thought it was important enough to make sure all bags were on board. When we all arrived in Split the baggage handler said they plane is empty and no more bags. I thought he was joking since there was about 50 people still waiting for their bags. The airline never stepped up and contacted us in the time they said nor did they act as if this was an inconvenience for is who so not have our bags. We have been in split for 2 days without our bags and the airline has not completed the task we paid for. This is 2017 and how an airline could let any of their employees to let this happen to so many bags is very unprofessional. Someone needs to step up and take accountability for the hardship they caused the paying customers of their airline. This airline does not seem to care that people work hard for their money and pays a high price for a nice vacation that can all be ruined. I only give a 1 because the system won't let me leave anything less!
RouteRome to Split