Vueling Airlines

"Not a fair policy Vueling"

Verified Review | Flew Mahon to Barcelona. Boarding by row number. First 15-31 then 1-14. We were in 5 A and B, very full flight and we only had hand luggage but within the allowed limits. Obviously passengers from 15-31 had left their luggage in the early lockers as they were completely full when we boarded and I was instructed by staff to take them to row 30/31 where there was the only available space. With a close connection to another flight in Barcelona we were most unhappy to have to wait until the entire plane was emptied before we could collect our bags. Surely when cabin crew are stationed all through the plane for boarding this leaving of luggage in the wrong lockers could easily be stopped after all seats 1-14 lockers were all empty when 15 -31 boarded first. Not a fair policy Vueling.
RouteMahon to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I was satisfied with the flight"

Verified Review | Flew Malaga to Palma De Mallorca with Vueling Airlines. The website was easy and functional to use and very informative too. When I checked-in I had a lovely lady assist me. I saw her going the extra mile to help an elderly lady and this set a highly favorable impression. Boarding was logical and quick and the cabin crew were attentive. The flight was just over 1 hour and 30 mins. The staff served to buy snacks and drinks. The plane was clean and tidy and arrived on time into Mallorca. Overall I was satisfied with the flight and will consider using this airline again.
RouteMalaga to Palma De Mallorca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"service generally is good"

Verified Review | Vueling is the low cost airline from Spain. Service in generally is good and planes are reliable. One plus is the fact that you can checkin as you buy the ticket. What a great idea! On the minus side, frequencies of key routes in Europe are fairly less than some competitors.
RouteBarcelona to Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"offered very good value"

Verified Review | Very Good Experience! I flew from London Gatwick to Barcelona yesterday on the 9.45am flight. My other option was a British Airways flight at three times the cost of the Vueling so decided to take a chance and try Vueling (purchased my ticket before reading all the bad reviews on this and other sites - if I had read all these reviews first I would not have taken my flight and would have spent unneeded money and spent uneeded time avoiding what turned out to be a perfectly fine experience). Heres how it went: Check in at Gatwick: long line but efficiently handled (even allowed a tiny bit of overweight in my luggage at no cost or hassle). Posting of departure gate: 20 minutes before gate opened. Boarding: orderly and organized - special needs and "Excellence" customers first, then by section, strictly enforced. Equipment: seemed fairly new, seats dont recline but for a short flight not a big deal (and the person in front of you is not reclining into your lap). Take off: 15min late but smoothly executed. Crew: impeccably groomed, professional but not warm, got their jobs done without flourish but with courtesy. Flight: uneventful - crew will come through cabin to offer for-sale food and drink and due to the time it takes to process payments this can block aisle for a large part of the flight (items offered looked fine, although I brought my own refreshment so didn't try any). Carry-on space - ample for a regulation sized article in overhead and a small bag (briefcase or handbag) under the seat. Landing - on time and as smooth as most I've had (we landed on time because we made up for late take off by faster air speed en route). Safety: very attentive. Thorough demonstration before take off and we experienced what seemed to me a very slight turbulence at times en route, to which the captain and crew insisited we return to seats and fasten belts, halted food/drink service and temporarily shut down toilets. In my experience with other airlines' handling of similar turbulence, I felt this was overly cautious, but I was left with the feeling that they take passenger safety very seriously, a good thing even if I couldnt use the loo for a few minutes longer! Luggage reclaim: everything checked arrived in perfect order within reasonable time after landing. Would I book them again?: yes of course, if the route, time and price still compared favorably to the other options This is a value-based airline, which for the price I paid, offered very good value.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Barcelona

"Will never fly again "

Verified Review | Vueling flight from San Sebastian to Barcelona was delayed for 2.5 hours, causing us to miss our flight from BCN to NYC. My wife and I had to pay $600+ for rebooking fees and hotel. Contacted Vueling and all they do is cite regulation stating that they don't have to compensate for delays less than 3 hours. Vueling would not even offer to cover our meals. Will never fly again.
RouteSan Sebastian to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2017

"A very poor experience"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Rome. Booked with Vueling via BA. turned up at LGW, queued to check in at Vueling desk to be told tickets hadn't been issued, despite confirmation emails and filling in API info. After 90 minutes discovered it was a BA glitch. Flight 60 mins late leaving, seat on row 3 had plenty of room, but i think this was an extra legroom seat that we hadn't paid for. Flight back from Rome was pretty bad, and 90 minutes late leaving. As we'd sat at the gate for a long time we needed a snack on the plane, and looking at the picture of a Cheese, pesto and sun dried tomato focaccia we paid our 6.5 Euros looking forward to something tasty. Big mistake! Tiny pieces of cheese a wipe of pesto and some minute tomato's. I complained to the female crew member and her reply was that it wasn't her fault as she hadn't made it. A pretty grubby aircraft didn't help. A very poor experience.
RouteGatwick to Rome
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"avoid to fly with Vueling"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Rome to Zurich. 3 month before our flight I booked it via internet and I was confirmed to fly with Iberia (but it was Vueling Airlines). We checked in and was told that they have no seats for us but one is left so one can fly to Zurich and the other one to Barcelona? What an offer. Finally they called the police because we did not agree and wanted to fly from Rome and then we where forced to fly to Barcelona. No Hotel and any help was offered in Barcelona. Then we looked for our luggage and we didn't found it so we went to the Lost and Found counter. There they try to tell us that we have to go to another belt but only luggage from Dusseldorf arrived! When we when't back to the counter he replied that he can not see in the system that a suitcase is missing. After finally found a hotel we went to sleep at 2 AM and the flight to Zurich was at 7 AM, not long sleep after all that stress. Then another delay again and we took off about 2 hours later. In Zurich again trouble to find our suitcase and they where not helpful at all. Only 2 days later we got our suitcase. We strongly recommend to avoid to fly with Vueling. Ones you have a problem they not help you at all and you have to look for yourself.
RouteRome to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I've been sitting here for over an hour"

Verified Review | My Vueling Airlines flight from Amsterdam to London Luton has been delayed originally with 1 hour, then we finally got on the plane which just didn't depart. I've been sitting here for over an hour and it still didn't leave. The reason being is that they haven't got permission yet to depart. Ill never fly with this airline again, very disappointed.
RouteAmsterdam to London Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Last time I travel with Vueling"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Milano to Barcelona, the flight was late. We arrived in Barcelona with one hour and a half late and it's not the first time. It happened to us every time we took this flight from Milan to Barcelona. Due to the delay we missed the last metro and we had to go by bus under the rain! Last time I travel with Vueling for sure.
RouteMilano to Barcelona

"filthy banged up A320"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Rome to Paris Orly return. I had two wildly differing experiences in and out of Paris Orly on Vueling. Inbound was satisfactory, being it left on time and was relatively comfortable. It was an A321 which seemed newish, even if it was a bit grubby. I was hungry and was one of the few people who opted for any service, and had a "hot sandwich". No-one would be suprised to hear it was expensive and disgusting. Nor was it hot. Lesson learned. Outbound back to FCO was completely different. En route to airport received text advising delay of 80 minutes. I had already wrapped up everything for the day, but yet to get on the train to Orly so spent some time over a slightly longer lunch. When I got to Orly, boards said it was all on time but I continued to get text messages which had pushed out departure further which was confusing. Boards were updated eventually but different to my text advice. Stated boarding time cand went, by now everyone was in a queue waiting to board and we were now running about 2.5 hours late. Boarding started but then we were kept standing in the airbridge for about 45 minutes. Then we were all sent back to terminal, as there was a technical fault with plane, to await further instructions. An hour or so of confusion ensued. Vueling team on the ground seemed as bewildered as the passengers, and just looked like they wanted us all to go away. I got text updates for 8PM departure. By 8 clock we were still in terminal. Around 8.30 we boarded again. We then sat on the plane until 9.30 and finally left. The plane was dreadful - a filthy banged up A320. Flaking paint, dirty side panels, sticky windows, grubby tray tables, chewing gum stuck in the carpet. Very tight seating. Crew arrogant and lazy. The two male crew were particularly unpleasant. Flew the trolley down the aisle avoiding eye contact. I was suprised that with a five hour delay they didn't even attempt to placate passengers with a glass of water or anything. We got to FCO 5 hours behind schedule.
AircraftA321 / A320