Vueling Airlines

"seem somewhat better than Ryanair"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Seville. I like Vueling. They operate on time, have newer aircraft, and have convenient schedules with good airfares. They seem somewhat better than Ryanair. This flight was no exception; on-time, good boarding process, good baggage handling, nice crew, well-flown. Nothing to complain about given the cost. Seats are very tight of course and do not recline but since it was a 1.5 hour flight it didn't matter.
RouteBarcelona to Seville
Date FlownApril 2018

"the flight closed 2 minutes ago"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Copenhagen. Terrible airline. We arrived at the airport more than an hour before a short flight. We asked Vueling agent where to go for check in to the flight and gave her departure time and destination she directed us to a long line of people checking into a different flight. We asked her if this is the correct line and if we had enough time to check in and board she said yes. When I got to the ticket counter the agent said that the flight closed 2 minutes ago although it was still 50 minutes until Boarding time. She said we should have been directed to the last minute line to check in on time. When we asked why the first agent directed us to the wrong line they simply said they don’t know and don’t care. They did not let us on the flight over 2 minutes after directing us to the wrong line. They do this on purpose to sell more flights. Beware of this trick they will delay you on purpose to make you miss your flight. Not to mention the next Vueling flight I purchased was delayed by several hours and so they did not clean or restock the plane for the next flight, there was trash everywhere and no food and beverages available because they did not restock.
RouteBarcelona to Copenhagen

"entire flight uncomfortable"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Marseille to Rome Fiumicino. I entered in the cabin with a seat pich of 29 inches and I have been asked to put my laptop case under the seat. The pitch does not allow me to have my feet on the ground with the case. I have been forced to do it and to have the entire flight in an uncomfortable and likely unsafe condition due to impossibility to have my legs in normal position. I do not imagine how this could comply with the airworthiness regulations concerning the passenger position on the seat
RouteMarseille to Rome Fiumicino
Date FlownApril 2018

"worst airline I have experienced"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Paris to Barcelona. Definitely the worst airline I have experienced. First of all we were meant to board to fly out at 10.05am but the flight then got delayed without any notification on the gate screen until 15mins later. They said gate changed so we all went there and then delayed the flight again another hour. But on the email from Vueling it delayed us to fly out at 1pm but the gate officers said they were still scheduled to fly at now 12pm. There was no communication between the airline and gate crew. The gate crew even said the airline is not communicating well. Now I have missed my next connecting flight.
RouteParis to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2018

"I expected warning to my delay"

Trip Verified | Due to fly London Luton to Amsterdam. I don’t write reviews but since I have 2 hours to spare due to the second delay from Vueling, I will. When I arrived to check in, I was also not informed of this delay. The first delay (only 3 days prior) was 40 minutes and today’s delay was 2 hours for a one hour flight. I will now arrive home at midnight which will in turn cause me to miss all of the trains home and I will have to catch a 29-40€ Uber. I understand this is a budget airline so I won’t mention the lack of food, entertainment and service, however at the very least I expected warning to my delay and less frequent delays. It’s a joke, I’m currently quite sick and the last thing you want is to delay your flight home on a Sunday night to midnight with work the next day.
RouteLondon Luton to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2018

"Seat pitch smallest I've seen"

Trip Verified | Milan to Amsterdam. The cabin was piping hot when we were about to take off. A/C clearly malfunctioning. Staff was extremely inattentive and did not seem to care about passengers who were trying to understand what was wrong. Seat pitch smallest I've seen on any European airline including Ryanair. I strongly discourage anyone from flying this airline.
RouteMilan to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2018

"I received no compensation"

Trip Verified | Florence to Gatwick. Took off from Florence late. About 30 minutes into the flight, the plane was turning at angles back and forth. We were told to put seats up and tray tables away. We were not told where we were landing until I asked and a flight attendant said there was a problem with the door. We landed in Pisa and the crew said nothing and gave no additional information. We had to deboard the plain to refuel, then took off again to Gatwick. I received no compensation from the airline.
RouteFlorence to Gatwick

"about 100 minutes late"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Copenhagen with A321. Aircraft ready on the tarmak and first bus with about 50% of passenger left from gate in good time. We had seats on row 6 so we were told to wait to next bus. After 20 minutes all passengers from first bus came back. No explanation from Vueling. After a while I succeed to get information they changed the aircraft from A321 to a A320. After a while we all passenger who got a seat were sitting in the plane 2.20 pm, a 1 hour delay. The pilot inform us that we lost the slot departure time and we had to wait for a while, probably one hour. We were waiting in the aircraft and exactly at 3.20 pm the pilot turn on the engines and informed the staff that we were going to leave! Arrived at CPH 6.10 pm, about 100 minutes late. I got information from a flight attendant during the flight who said our A321 had been taken to another destination. So when flying with Vueling even if your aircraft arrives in good time time to your departure airport, even if the aircraft is in good shape etc, it does not mean that you flight will depart in time.
RouteBarcelona to Copenhagen
Date FlownMarch 2018

"they cancelled the flight"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Had a recent “disappointing” experience with Vueling Airlines. Our original flight from Dubrovnik to Rome on March 17th. The the initial flight was delayed due to bad weather and I accept this delay, however, after 5 hrs they cancelled the flight. They provided a €6 coupon during the delay and then placed us in a hotel. After contacting them, we were informed that we were on a flight the following day to Rome, via Barcelona, with a transit of 6hrs and arriving in Rome at midnight. It has to be noted that there was nothing offered by the airline. It should be noted here, that all public transport does not operate at this time, a taxi into the centre costs between €45-60. I felt that due to all the inconvenience, the compensation was not suffice. I approached the airline with my dissatisfaction in what were offered, as the whole weekend was was diminished to spending time in a airport! Only to have this message repeatedly sent back to me, "We are contacting you in response to your request. Following our resolution to your case in our previous e-mail, we proceeded to revise this case and have verified that our company has complied at all times with our Conditions of Carriage and the current European air travel regulation. Please note that we offered food vouchers and hotel to all affected passengers who requested it at the airport. Once again, we regret not being able to honor your request. We remain at your disposal for any other doubts or questions". To conclude, I feel that the delay/cancellation was not appropriately compensated and the attitude of the airline was very 'robotic and distant'!
RouteDubrovnik to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the customer service is abysmal"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I have never had a positive experience with Vueling but have refrained from writing a bad review until today. I usually avoid this airline at all costs as it is constantly late and the customer service is abysmal. The flight was 40 minutes late today despite it leaving at 8.30 in the morning. Once we landed in Barcelona, late, we had to wait on a bus on the tarmac for 20 more minutes because the plane didn’t have a gate. When I tried to make my connecting flight, which I needed to make today for personal and time sensitive family reasons (that I explained to the representatives), I was told that because the gate was closed I would not be allowed to board. This is especially deplorable because I flew on a Vueling flight, was only late because Vueling was late, and therefore wasn’t allowed to board my Vueling connecting flight even though it was still sitting at the gate for the next half hour. I will never ever fly this airline again.
RouteTangier to Gatwick via Barcelona