Vueling Airlines

"his bag alone was missing"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Dublin. Due to adverse weather conditions in the U.S, my son (22) and friends were re- routed from Charlotte to Barcelona with American Airlines on 24/8 and then on to Dublin with Vueling on 25/8, flight VY8720. On arrival in Dublin, his bag alone was missing and he reported the matter to Vueling's ground handling agent, Swissport, who filed a report etc. To date and despite almost daily contact our end, neither Vuleing nor their agent can locate his bag which contains most of his possessions. American Airlines has confirmed that his bag was delivered to Barcelona at which point Vueling as final carrier, assumed responsibility. It is impossible to contact Vueling directly and the number given on their website appears to be a baggage hall. A recent email to the delayed baggage address on the Vueling website returned a reply asking for the provision of receipts for the missing clothes and bag, most of which were purchased months ago and in the case of his bag, some years ago. At this point we have to assume that the bag and contents are lost, and while the matter of restitution rests clearly with Vueling, we conclude that they have no intention of fulfilling that obligation.
RouteBarcelona to Dublin
Date FlownAugust 2017

"An airline to avoid"

Verified Review | We booked Vueling from Mahon to Barcelona and Monarch from Barcelona to Gatwick. We had had 1.5 hrs to go from one terminal to another in Barcelona, we had no luggage. Problem started when the Vueling flight was delayed, no one at airline info desk could give us any information, no announcements made, so we sat and waited then we saw another Vueling flight going to Barcelona, we were told no chance of getting on that flight however we noticed people who were in our original queue boarding this plane. A Singaporian doctor suggested that Spanish speakers were given priority. After making enquiries as to how long we were going to be stranded as it was now over two hours with no news, we were still told no information. Met the doctor again waving a form at me "get one of these and demand it is stamped to get the compensation as per EU law also get your food vouchers" this is what we did. Had we not been advised what to do by this kind lady then we wouldn't have known what to do. Eventually we were put on a later flight but missed our connection to Gatwick. Could have caught a Norwegian flight at a cost of EU460 each, no way so we stayed at a hotel and flew Norwegian the next day for EU270 each. The Veuling staff were courteous but offered no assistance, tried to contact Monarch but no numbers answered, no help lines so they were of no use. Vueling were hopeless and just couldn't be bothered to inform us of anything. An airline to avoid, cheaper but unreliable. We came back by Norwegian, wonderful airline with comfortable seats and super food, now our preferred airline.
RouteMahon to Barcelona

"Poorly organised onboard"

Verified Review | Florence to Gatwick. Awful flight. Delayed, with little and late information. Poorly organised onboard and rude cabin crew. Missed drinks and snacks. This caused us to arrive very late, missing a night out on my wife's birthday. Seats are tiny and plane seemed old?. They also seemed to let people on with a lot of luggage, meaning that we had to stow ours a long way from where we were sitting (which in turn caused a delay when exiting the plane). The worst flight I've had in years and not cheap.
RouteFlorence to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"do not recommend this airline"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Valencia to Brussels. First time travelling with this airline. It will be the last time I travel with them too. I arrived at the airport two hours before departure of the flight only to know that the flight was already delayed 3 hours. I was supposed to arrive in Brussels at 20:40, well at that time I was only boarding. The last train home was at 23:10, of course with that big delay I missed the last train and was forced to take a taxi which was 100 euros. I expressed my concerns to the airline and I asked if there was any kind of compensation. Well the people at information told me that I could try to get a refund for the taxi but I would not get it because they promise was to take me to Brussels, it doesn't matter that it was 3 hours later. I do not recommend this airline, trying to save some money I ended up spending even more.
RouteValencia to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"totally value for money"

Verified Review | After all the bad reviews I was rather concerned with flying to Florence with Vueling but I have to admit both outbound and inbound flight were on time, smooth (first leg had some bad weather on the way) and totally value for money. I will fly again with them to Spain soon and I am now looking forward my next trip. Of course it's a low cost flight but I appreciated the extra piece of hand luggage allowed. All drinks/food are extra and there is a good choice of both. Inside magazine is nice to read both in English and Spanish.
RouteFlorence to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the most cramped, uncomfortable, seating"

Verified Review | Flew Vueling from Santiago de Compostela to London Gatwick. For anyone taller than six foot, expect the most cramped, uncomfortable, seating legally permitted. Legroom is painfully restricted. Pay more for seating with a few extra inches of space. Or better yet, pay more to fly with an airline that treats their customers with a little more consideration and respect.
RouteSantiago de Compostela to London Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I'd had enough of Vueling"

Verified Review | San Sebastián to Brest via Barcelona. Vueling re-routed our flight via Bilbao, but while this delayed our arrival in Barcelona by 2 hours, we still arrived in time for my flight to Brest. However as we were boarding my boarding pass set off a a red light at the scanner. Vueling staff said I couldn't board as I was not on their scheduled passenger list. I showed them my flight booking confirmation etc but no amount of pleading would they help or allow me to board. I was told to go to the transfer desk to get another flight. The queue at the transfer desk involved a 45min wait as there was only one staff member. There I was told they couldn't help and that I needed to go to the Vueling ticketing office outside the secure area of the airport and that it wasn't clear where my checked-in bag was. I went to the baggage area and queued for 20mins after looking for my bags. They didn't know and just said to come back later! I went to ticketing and queued for another 30mins - all this time knowing I was missing chances to board other flights but again Vueling had ridiculously low numbers of staff to assist. At ticketing they said I couldn't fly to Brest for 4 days, that I'd have to wait in Barcelona at my own expense for 4 days to fly. I was only going to Brest for 4 days so that was pointless. So I asked if I could fly to Nantes instead and then catch a bus to Brest. Yes was the answer. OK. So re-ticketed to Nantes I went back through airport security to the luggage counter to make sure my bags would be loaded on the Nantes flight. Another 30 minutes wait. They hadn't found my luggage but as the Nantes flight wasn't leaving for 4 hours there was time to find and load my bag. Wait 4 hours. Flight delayed for Nantes another 2 hours. OK wait again and at around midnight we finally board. But after boarding we wait on the tarmac for 20mins. Then the announcement that because we took too long to board the plane Vueling had lost their take-off allocation so we had to disembark. By now it was close to 1am. I'd been up since 5am to catch my first flight from San Sebastián. Back in the terminal Vueling's communication was appalling. Rather than make a group announcement, everyone was expected to queue at the transfer desk to be told individually what was happening! After standing around for another 45mins of total confusion we were told the next flight would be at 6.30am. We could go to a hotel for 3 hours or sit in the airport overnight. They gave us a voucher for a snack at a very ordinary cafe. The bad communication continued and as I'd already lost one day of a 4 day trip to Brest and would lose another day trying to get to Brest via Nantes, I decided to cut my losses and give up on getting to Brest and asked if I could go to Madrid instead. Yes, but not until 9.30pm that night! I couldn't cope with another 20 hours at Barcelona airport so asked for a refund. OK I could get a refund but I wouldn't get the money back for up to a month. Fine, I'd had enough of Vueling. Then I went to get my bags. Vueling couldn't find them. I waited two hours until 5am. Desperate to rest I got a train to Madrid and Vueling promised to deliver my bag to me asap in Madrid. It's now been more than 35 hours and Vueling still hasn't got my bag to me nor can they tell me when I'll get my bag!
RouteSan Sebastián to Brest via Bilbao

"Horrible Vueling Airlines"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Lisbon. The flight departure was scheduled at 18:40 hrs originally. It is now 21:40pm and there is no sign of the co-pilot which is the cause of the delay. The worst is that there is no information as to when we can leave or what is the plan of action. We have been waiting in the aircraft patiently for the last 2 hrs without any food etc. There is also a medical emergency that has taken place on the flight. It is just sad that due to a pilot not showing up we are expected to wait endlessly and there is no backup plan. We had to change our reservation details in the destination city as well. Never been on an unprofessional flight like this. The airline should compensate the passengers in some way. In the airplane and still waiting for intimation from the team as to when we are expected to depart. If only they had not let us board the flight, atleast we could have been at the airport with easy access to other facilities. Horrible Vueling Airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Lessons learnt from a missed connection"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Lessons learnt from a missed connection with Vueling. When I booked our trip from Venice to Seville on Vueling I wasn't worried that we had a 2.5 stopover in Barcelona, even though we were changing countries we were within the Schengen region so would only need to clear security (and this was before the new security screening procedures were introduced). Shortly before we left for the airport Tripit sent me a message saying the flight had been delayed, even though, according to the Vueling app it wasn't. Even when we checked in there was no mention of a delay. Long story short we ended up leaving over two hours late (which means we are entitled to 400 euro compensation each - good old EU). Of course we missed our connection (not by much though - if they'd had somebody waiting to rush us through to the gate we would have made it). There we no flights to Seville that night so Vueling said they would give us vouchers for dinner and a hotel. Ok, we thought, this has turned out to have a silver lining after all, as it was only 9pm we'd get to spend Saturday night in Barcelona - how bad can that be? Very, very bad as it turned out! As we had no checked baggage we were at the front of the 'passengers with incidents' queue where we were given our vouchers. Dinner was to be at the most basic of airport cafes (no alcohol of course) and we had to wait until 11.30 to get the bus to the hotel. Barcelona is a hub for Vueling so most of the people on the Venice flight had also missed connecting flights. There ended up being a full bus load of us. We decided not to wait and take a taxi at our expense to the hotel, the taxi driver had never heard of the hotel and when he looked it up on Google said "it's not even in Barcelona. I'm not sure how much it will cost but it will be at least 80 Euro" Gulp. Back to plan A. We got to the area where the bus was supposed to be and waited, and waited. Naturally nobody from Iberia or Vueling fronted up to let us know what was happening. We left sometime after midnight and drove for at least an hour to a hotel in the middle of nowhere. We finally made it to bed around 2am. The only bus back to the airport left at 5am! What would I do differently? I would collect my new flight booking and boarding pass and say no thanks to the offer of dinner and hotel room. I'd take a taxi to downtown and choose my own hotel and restaurant and have a memorably pleasant evening. I could afford to do this with the 400 euro compensation that I'd be getting from Vueling.
RouteVenice to Seville via Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2017

"Low cost is a joke"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Flew Vueling from Bucharest to Barcelona. I booked an EXCELLENCE class ticket with this airline, nobody from cabin crew team offered a smile at least, even though my ticket was confirmed on 1A seat with meal. What totally ruined my day was not the unfriendly cabin crew, but I missed the connection flight to Vigo because of a critical delay on the first flight, Bucharest to Barcelona. Low cost is a joke. It was, on contrary, very expensive. Many thanks to the nice lady at airport staff who helped me to reroute.
Cabin FlownFirst Class