Vueling Airlines

"I found it quite acceptable"

Verified Review | Venice to Manchester via Barcelona. I did not book with this airline, it was in lieu of original booking with Monarch. On the whole I found it quite acceptable. The aircraft was clean and looked well maintained, The seats were rather more comfortable than they looked, and even for my 5ft 11in the legroom was adequate. Two difficulties were that the departure from Venice was some 30 mins late and no explanation given ("Sorry for the delay" is neither an excuse nor a reason, however heartfelt it is said) Also if you are giving announcements in English with a strong Spanish accent, you stand a better chance of being understood if you speak slowly , not at native Spanish speed. My big concern is that the cabin staff were very blasé about my concerns that I would not have enough time to change planes in Barcelona as we were somewhat late and refused to contact the gate for the onward flight to confirm I was on my way. As it happened I made it, but it was an anxious half-hour or so
RouteVenice to Manchester via Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2017

"there was zero communication"

Verified Review | Horrible airline. Midflight the captain said a single sentence “We can't land in London, we are turning back around to Amsterdam.” This was followed by complete radio silence after we flew back, save for some automated messages (put on your seatbelts, etc). After we landed, there was zero communication on what would happen for hours. Finally, after three hours had passed, they said they were cancelling the flight and moving it to the next morning. After that, we tried to get a hotel for the night, but for hours they were not cooperating and refusing to offer us a place to stay (at midnight already, while there were many people with children present). After hours of arguing and shouting people finally got hotels, and we had to wait for the flight the next morning, except when this flight was supposed to happen was very unclear. They stated 8am, but the e-ticket and website said 10am. I suppose the truth is always in the middle, because the flight left at 9am! Amazing. Horrible airline, horrible communication. Do not use it.
RouteAmsterdam to London
Date FlownOctober 2017

"would never fly them again"

Verified Review | We were scheduled for a 3:25 flight from Paris to Rome, a 2 hour flight. We arrived at the airport around 12:30, got thru our check in and went to the appropriate gate. 3:25 was getting close and we saw no sign of boarding. Spoke to the attendant he said it's been delayed but we should arrive in Rome at 7:05 pm. I called our car service and informed them of the change. Without any notice from the attendants, our flight did not leave until 8:30 pm. We were never offered any explanation or were not told anything until we enquired. They never made any announcements of the flight delays. After finally boarding after a 5 hour delay, they did go around with water glasses but only offered that to the passengers in the aisle seats. No one else was ever offered any kind of drink. Do not choose Vueling - I would never fly them again.
RouteParis to Rome

"horrible customer service"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Luton. Vueling Airlines customer "service" has been utterly horrible. They have misinformed me 3 times: I received an email saying the flight has been cancelled, I phoned their customer service to make sure the flight has been canceled. The representative told me the flight was indeed cancelled. When I arrived at the airport, I saw on the information display the flight was only delayed. The Vueling service desk at Luton airport confirmed that there was only delay. However, when I phoned customer service, a representative again said the flight has been canceled. I have been tossed around like a piece of trash, not as a customer. The apologies are worth nothing to me. In fact, the representative already offered me a EUR39,- refund, but had to withdraw that statement too! I'm very patient and generous, but this has been my single worst customer service experience ever. I ended up paying EUR130,- for a ticket with another airline. In plain English, I've been screwed and they have the guts to tell me there is nothing they can do. And now I've received 2 more standard replies, not latching on to my complaint about horrible customer service. It speaks for itself that I will avoid booking via Vueling like the plague and recommend anyone else to do so.
RouteAmsterdam to Luton

"Return flight was good"

Verified Review | Cardiff to Barcelona. One of our better experiences with Vueling. Outward flight was delayed by 35 minutes which by Vueling standards is quite normal. Only complaint was that there was no hot water for hot drinks. Return flight was good. Early departure and landing with a newish plane with the thinner style seats which give slightly better leg room. Leg room on Vueling planes is probably the worst of the low cost carriers but is just about OK for flights up to 2 or 3 hours.
RouteCardiff to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2017

"no apologies or explanations"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Amsterdam. Almost 3h delay on the way to Barcelona. For now already 2h of delay for the return to Amsterdam. We got stuck 1 hour on the ground in Amsterdam after already 2h waiting in the airport. No food was provided for free. And worst: there was not enough food (to pay) for the passengers in the plane. Absolutely no compensation. That’s just not possible. And now the same for the return, waiting with no apologies or explanations for at least 2 more hours
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Not a fair policy Vueling"

Verified Review | Flew Mahon to Barcelona. Boarding by row number. First 15-31 then 1-14. We were in 5 A and B, very full flight and we only had hand luggage but within the allowed limits. Obviously passengers from 15-31 had left their luggage in the early lockers as they were completely full when we boarded and I was instructed by staff to take them to row 30/31 where there was the only available space. With a close connection to another flight in Barcelona we were most unhappy to have to wait until the entire plane was emptied before we could collect our bags. Surely when cabin crew are stationed all through the plane for boarding this leaving of luggage in the wrong lockers could easily be stopped after all seats 1-14 lockers were all empty when 15 -31 boarded first. Not a fair policy Vueling.
RouteMahon to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I was satisfied with the flight"

Verified Review | Flew Malaga to Palma De Mallorca with Vueling Airlines. The website was easy and functional to use and very informative too. When I checked-in I had a lovely lady assist me. I saw her going the extra mile to help an elderly lady and this set a highly favorable impression. Boarding was logical and quick and the cabin crew were attentive. The flight was just over 1 hour and 30 mins. The staff served to buy snacks and drinks. The plane was clean and tidy and arrived on time into Mallorca. Overall I was satisfied with the flight and will consider using this airline again.
RouteMalaga to Palma De Mallorca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"service generally is good"

Verified Review | Vueling is the low cost airline from Spain. Service in generally is good and planes are reliable. One plus is the fact that you can checkin as you buy the ticket. What a great idea! On the minus side, frequencies of key routes in Europe are fairly less than some competitors.
RouteBarcelona to Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"offered very good value"

Verified Review | Very Good Experience! I flew from London Gatwick to Barcelona yesterday on the 9.45am flight. My other option was a British Airways flight at three times the cost of the Vueling so decided to take a chance and try Vueling (purchased my ticket before reading all the bad reviews on this and other sites - if I had read all these reviews first I would not have taken my flight and would have spent unneeded money and spent uneeded time avoiding what turned out to be a perfectly fine experience). Heres how it went: Check in at Gatwick: long line but efficiently handled (even allowed a tiny bit of overweight in my luggage at no cost or hassle). Posting of departure gate: 20 minutes before gate opened. Boarding: orderly and organized - special needs and "Excellence" customers first, then by section, strictly enforced. Equipment: seemed fairly new, seats dont recline but for a short flight not a big deal (and the person in front of you is not reclining into your lap). Take off: 15min late but smoothly executed. Crew: impeccably groomed, professional but not warm, got their jobs done without flourish but with courtesy. Flight: uneventful - crew will come through cabin to offer for-sale food and drink and due to the time it takes to process payments this can block aisle for a large part of the flight (items offered looked fine, although I brought my own refreshment so didn't try any). Carry-on space - ample for a regulation sized article in overhead and a small bag (briefcase or handbag) under the seat. Landing - on time and as smooth as most I've had (we landed on time because we made up for late take off by faster air speed en route). Safety: very attentive. Thorough demonstration before take off and we experienced what seemed to me a very slight turbulence at times en route, to which the captain and crew insisited we return to seats and fasten belts, halted food/drink service and temporarily shut down toilets. In my experience with other airlines' handling of similar turbulence, I felt this was overly cautious, but I was left with the feeling that they take passenger safety very seriously, a good thing even if I couldnt use the loo for a few minutes longer! Luggage reclaim: everything checked arrived in perfect order within reasonable time after landing. Would I book them again?: yes of course, if the route, time and price still compared favorably to the other options This is a value-based airline, which for the price I paid, offered very good value.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Barcelona