VietJet Air

Review by (Taiwan) 14th July 2015

The plane was a bit old and the seat was usual for a LCC. The cabin service was good, the crews were friendly and energetic. The price was very cheap. I will fly them again if they have their new route from TPE to HAN.
RouteTPE to SGN

Review by (Singapore) 9th July 2015

Flight Bangkok-Hanoi was great: new plane, no problems, friendly staff. Facing Vietjet in Hanoi changed everything. Flight was at 10.05AM and arrived early at 7AM Noi Bai Airport to avoid the morning traffic. We were refused a check in, returned at 8AM. Self-Check in didn't work - bar code scanner wasn't available. Had no choice but to "line up" with Vietnamese people - who don’t know what the word “queue” means. Be prepared for people shamelessly cutting in line, squishing between you and the counter and crawling under the stanchion. Pushing you away and even if you are at the check in counter, standing just next to you. Vietjet encourages the behavior because the staff at the counter try to serve 3 people at once, leading to chaos and frustration. I am a frequent low cost flyer, never had problems with my luggage. However, my 8.5kg cabin bag was "too heavy" and lady at the counter wanted to count all my bags: my purse, my boyfriends camera bag, etc. She wanted me and my boyfriend to take only one bag each on the plane. I told her that this is ridiculous and we didn't have any problems in BKK, and no other airline does this. She couldn't speak English. Made us pay 330 000 VND for one bag check-in. Moved to our gate, realized during boarding that the plane was a n old BH Air plane from Ukraine. Plane in Bangkok was a new A320-300. Very uncomfortable and I couldn't sleep because Vietnamese people and FA kept running around, bumping into my aisle seat. Every seat was taken, plane was super full and loud. Food I pre-booked was gross, so I asked the FA politely to put it away so I can put up my tray and have more space. She simply said: "Later." During landing, people and kids were running around and kneeling on their seat to look out the window - FA didn't say anything. Really disappointed and ruined my whole trip.
AircraftAirbus A320-200
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh

Review by (Denmark) 5th May 2015

Hanoi to Danang Vietnam on 29th April 2015. 1 hour delayed on a huge modern A321. Check in smooth managed to buy lounge access for 15 USD. Fresh colourful LCC-airline with lots of things to entertain and buy. Dynamic young good-mood FA's do their best to serve the pax. My food was pre-paid and I got the wrong dish. They accepted their fault and took the mistake serious and offered me whatever else they had (quite a lot of choices actually). Food and drink only 3 USD. Ticket very expensive 100 USD (double of normal) due to firework festival in DAD. Flight full but well managed.

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd January 2015

PQC-SGN A320. One time. Clean with for a budget airline a reasonable amount of leg room. No food/drink available on the flight but then it only lasted 50 mins.

Review by (Australia) 10th June 2014

Smile and apology at check in. Sorry for the wait. Offered an emergency leg room seat. Plane 7 mins late but made up most of it. Plane spotlessly clean with new feeling. SGN-BKK 9 June. Captain waved and smiled from cockpit as we walked up the steps. Staff polite attentive and courteous. Legroom ok for a short flight but would grab the emergency or front bulkhead seats if your over 5 feet 8 inches. Food smelt good and looked fine and cheep as chips at $2.50. And a beer for $1.50. Based on this and other flights I have experienced with this airline it will give some of the LCCs a fright and some of the lazy full service operators a shake up too.

Review by (Singapore) 21st April 2014

I've only flown with this airline on two flights. One towards my destination and the flight back. Despite being days apart both flights were delayed 3-4 hours causing me to miss my connecting flight back home which forced me to stay another day in Vietnam missing a day of work having to pay for an extra day of accommodations plus re- booking my flight home. They will not compensate you for anything. The rates are cheap but I ended up paying so much more for the amount of trouble the delays have caused. Fly at your own risk.

Review by (Australia) 21st February 2014

VJ8912 18 Feb. Early polite check in and on time departure. Service was good plane not new but clean. BKK to HAN on time and all okay. As a low cost carrier it was good.

Review by (Vietnam) 10th February 2014

PCQ-SGN in a clean A320 with leather seats. The professionalism of the FAs was remarkable. They managed to get an unruly crowd of post Tet Vietnamese vacationers into their seats buckled up and off the tarmac only a few minutes late. Sir you must turn off your phone not start another conversation. You must connect the baby belt to your seat belt ad put it around your child. It is not a toy. No Ma'am you may not go to the toilet while we are taxiing down the runway. You get the idea. It was quite an impressive professional performance from a very nicely turned group of young women. If only the passengers had been as classy as the flight and ground staff!

Review by (Greece) 10th February 2014

DAD-SGN on an A320 old and noisy. No service at all staff only selling food and beverages. There was a 40 minute change of schedule and did not inform us through e-mail. At the airport there was another 20 minutes delay. We arrived at our destination 1 hour later than planed.

Review by (Denmark) 21st July 2013

HAN-DAD on an Airbus 320-200. New LCC-carrier in Indochina. Very busy afternoon got the last seat with very short notice. Service and interior colorful young talkative FAs. Check-in smooth and at a good visible location. Flight delayed 30 Minutes. There are many food and drink items and the prices are in general very reasonable – even compared to Vietnamese prices. Due to crowded airport and due to low priority to LCCs by the airport the busdrive to the aircraft became cumbersome and tedious. The carrier resembles AirAsia though slightly less professional.