Top 100 Airports

VietJet Air

"3 flights delayed / cancelled"

(Italy)

Phu Quoc to Hanoi with VietJet Air. A disaster - I wish I had booked another airline. We booked 3 internal flights during our Vietnam tour - all 3 flights were delayed / cancelled. First time was a couple of hours in advance, received notification in advance, no problem we understand. Second time, I received notification of flight being delayed with over 6 hours then additional delay time at the airport. We were supposed to arrive in Phu Quoc at 10 am and we landed after midnight with two little kids. The third we were supposed to leave Phu Quoc at 1pm and received phone call at 8.30am same morning that the flight has been cancelled and there are no other flights available. Were put on flight the day after but obviously having been advised just couple of hours before our pre-booked train and hotel arrangements for the same day had been fully charged not mentioning the additional night stay in Phu Quoc. Terrible service at contact center with absolutely no solutions offered. Watch out if you would like to leave on time.
RoutePQC to HAN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a less than budget service"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | The first leg of my journey was from Hanoi to Bangkok. That was okay, except they changed the departure time from about 11.15am to 13.05 pm and even then the departure was delayed a further 30+ minutes because of the late arrival of the aircraft. To the credit of Vietjet on this occassion they advised me by email of the change of flight time and I could prepare myself however because of the delay I missed my connecting flight from Bangkok. The second leg of my journey was the return flight from Bangkok to Hanoi which was scheduled for departure 14.15pm. I arrived at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport early at 11.30 am only to find that my flight had departed at 10.15am; four hours earlier. I received no notification of change of flight detail either by email or phone. As a consequence they re-routed me to Hanoi via HCMC on a Vietjet plane supposedly leaving Suvarnabhumi at 12.30pm. Typically for Vietjet this was late arriving and did not depart until almost 13.30 pm. I arrived in HCMC and was pre-booked on a Vietjet flight to Hanoi departing at around 17.30pm. As usual for Vietjet this flight was delayed another 30 minutes. All of this messing about simply because Vietjet did not inform me of the change of flight plans as they are required to do. I have since learned that Vietjet has an extremely poor reputation for poor customer communication and flight delays or rescheduling. Never again will I fly Vietjet or recommend them to any one else. A budget airline with a less than budget service.
RouteBKK to HAN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a good price for 2 hour flight"

(Myanmar)

Verified Review | Yangon to Ho Chi Minh City return. Check in was smooth at both airports. They are not very strict on 7KG carry on bag rule. They tag the carry on. Yangon to Ho Chi Minh crew looked tired but Ho Chi Minh from Yangon crew were really energetic. The seats are ok for a budget airline. No power supply at the seat. I ordered food in the menu which was really tempting in the outbound flight. (The menu has a chewing gum stuck, so that was disgusting. The crew should really check them as those are the money maker for the airlines.) However, the food was disappointing. The Thai fried rice I ordered was dry had so small a portion that I finished it in five spoonful. Most of the drinks in the menu are sold out. I didn't order any food on the inbound flight. The crew worked in a quick and efficient manner. They are provided fast services. Not quality but it is understandable for a budget airline. Overall it is a good price for 2 hour flight.
RouteRGN to SGN

"ridiculous and unacceptable"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Phu Quoc return. My family had to be airport for more than 7 hrs as the flight from Ho Chi Minh to Phu Quoc flight was delayed 6 times. And now we are at Phu Quoc airport and the flight is delayed again for 3 hrs - so far. Vietjet sent us the message about the delayed flight 2 hours before the flight- and we are already at the airport as we supposed to be here 2 hrs before the flight. I asked the Vietjet staff but she could't give me the right answer. This is ridiculous and unacceptable.
RouteSGN to PQC
Date FlownAugust 2016

"changed booking without my permission"

(China)

Verified Review | Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh. Vietjet changed my booking without my permission, one day before, without reason! At the airport they told me that they had changed my booking and had to fly in the evening, instead of in the morning. I told them that I had to fly in the morning but they said since my name wasn't anymore on the passenger list, I would need to buy a new ticket.So I had to pay for a new ticket, for a ticket I had already paid before. This is just incredible.
RouteCXR to SGN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"staff very cheerful and affable"

(Vietnam)

Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang with VietJet Air. I am a person who likes to travel and VJA is a low-cost carrier to suit pockets and my hobby. I was quite satisfied with the service. Staff very cheerful and affable. Hot food and hot drinks are always available to buy. Check in process is somewhat slow, but I am quite comfortable to wait. I will continue to support VJA.
RouteSGN to DAD
Date FlownJune 2016

"every other flight was late"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Cam Ranh/Nha Trang with VietJet Air. I had to fly them as my inbound flight from Singapore arrived later in the evening so there was no flight with Vietnam Airlines. Check in was a disaster with little to no coordination. I had to check in my carry on (had been OK with Tiger Airlines on two other flights), as it was 1/2 a kilo overweight. Our flight was due to depart at 6.45pm and at 6.50 we were told the flight would leave at 7.10. At 7.30 we were then told we would leave at 8.30 - at 8.45 we started boarding the buses to the aircraft. We departed HCM at around 9.15. The excuse the pilot gave was due to a late incoming aircraft, however they fail to point out why it was late. Every other flight with Vietjet on this night was also late by a minimum of an hour.
RouteSGN to CXR
Date FlownJuly 2016

"old Russian plane with foreign crew"

SGN-DAD return. Overall very good. We flew on an old Russian plane with foreign crew. (VietJet Air has an all Airbus narrowbody fleet). Pretty much what you'd expect for a low cost airline, but departures were on time and flight pleasant. One comment is our original flight was rescheduled to 8 hours later than original, and we only got one day's notice. In order to change it, we had to call the airline twice and send two emails. Hardly easy. Check in at SGN during peak hours takes a very long time due to the queues. Keep that in mind for weekend and evening flights.
RouteSGN to DAD
Date FlownJuly 2016

"never again will I fly with VietJet"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Ho chi Minh City to Hanoi. Terrible. Two hour delay and missed my flight back to Korea. No sense of urgency even with the delay. Just smiles and jokes among the crew. Never again will I fly with VietJet Air. Recommend Vietnam airlines or Jetstar. It's both cheaper and on time from my personal experience.
RouteSGN to HAN

"just very unorganized"

Overall horrible experience. We flew out from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. There were so many reschedules! The original time was supposed to be at 9:10pm. They first changed it to 9:35pm, then 10pm, the moment we got on the plane was almost 11pm, if not later. Customer service was so bad. When we asked about the boarding time, they first didn't answer and when they did, they sounded angry. People cut through lines. Just very unorganized. The seats were filthy and the cabin crew was not very professional. People were loud but no one said anything. Not again!
RouteSGN to HAN