VietJet Air

"all too often delayed"

Not Verified | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City. I've flown with Vietjet a few times over my years living and traveling in SE Asia and, unless the flight is exceptionally good value compared to other options, I'd recommend people to avoid. Simply put: their flights are all too often delayed, to the point where it seems they are doing so purposefully (in order to maximise profit/reduce flights, one would suppose). With this airline you should expect to be delayed, so don't use them if timing is of extreme importance. The most recent delay that annoyed me to the point of writing this review was when our original booking of DaNang to HCMC was delayed 3 times. The midweek, off peak flight, departure time of 23.45 (on a Thursday night) was delayed by around an hour and we were notified via email/text at 11.55am... not great but you can deal with it. We were then notified at 18:00 in the same way that the flight was delayed by around 40 minutes. We arrive to a pretty much empty Da Nang domestic airport, check in, and then around 15 minutes prior to boarding, the flight was delayed again to 02:20. This was a routine, domestic, 1-hour-ish flight - come on Vietjet, work out what is going on and, if there will be a delay, be honest and tell us how long the delay will actually be, rather than wasting everyone's time by giving unrealistic times that you might hope the plane will be ready by. So, in short, avoid if you can afford it or if there is another option with a different airline at a different cost because odds are you'll be delayed.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2018

"experience was shocking"

Not Verified | I don’t usually write reviews but my experience yesterday was so shocking that I feel like I have to. My boyfriend and I have taken four flights while travelling around Thailand and Vietnam and never had a bad experience until taking our flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City with VietJet Air. First of all, we received an email three hours before our scheduled flight stating that our initial flight had been changed from 11.30 till 12.20. The reason that we had booked the 11.30 flight was so we could get the bus into the centre so this wasn’t good start to our travels. When arriving at the airport, it was clear that chaos reigned. The airport check in desk was a long queue with no order whatsoever to who was next. We wait in the airport having to watch the flight which we were initially on take off. There was absolutely no update about our flight until half an hour before it was scheduled to fly, with the airline just stating that there was a delay. Next thing you know, ten minutes before our time flips back an hour with no warning (and no announcement!) They had simply just changed the flight time, not even leaving the initial flight time on the board. Of course, the flight is even later than this and after a two hour wait for our new flight and a few gate changes, we get on the plane at 1.45. Regarding the other flights, every one was delayed that night and they even flew out a flight which was due to fly one hour after us to the same destination (clearly we were not the priority). We ended up getting out of the airport at half three in the morning after baggage. We were meant to arrive at 12.50 into Ho Chi Minh. If you love and respect yourself please consider not flying with this airline. After this experience, I will never insult Ryanair again.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2018

"extraordinary if there is no delay"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. I use Vietjet at least once a month and it is extraordinary if there is no delay. They also experienced various issues with their IT system. Prices are high. Unfortunately, not many alternatives in Vietnam. Fake competition?
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMay 2018

"none of them departed on time"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hue to Ho Chi Minh City. I have flown with VietJet Air several times and this time I was travelling with my parents around Vietnam. We booked the tickets months in advance and have 4 trips in 3 weeks. Literally none of them departed on time. How is this airline still up and running? No reimbursement and in one flight they moved the flight 6 hours in advance so we had to book a wew flight to make Our schedule work .
RouteHue to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMay 2018

"wait almost 60 days for refund"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I had a booked flight on 30 Apr 2018 with depart time at 5.10 pm from Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City. I got message from Vietjet that my flight was be changed depart time from 5.10 pm to be 7.10 am. The new depart time is not match with my schedule then I contact to their call center They proposed me to cancel booking and they will refund my payment back. I confirm to cancel the booking and Vietjet staff confirm to me that I will get the refund within 15 day at the office that I do payment (8BIS office). After 15 days I have call to check with 8BIS office about my refund. They reply that they not yet get information from accounting, please call to check with them again 3- 4 days later. I keep waiting and call to check again. The answer from staff of 8BIS office still the same. They have got no information from their accounting yet. Then I ask them to check with their internal and feedback to me. No feedback from Vietjet team. I call to follow up with 8BIS office again and they still have no answer for me that when can i get my refund. The best thing that they can do is email to ask their accounting. If I need more information I have to call to Vietjet call center. I have to call to follow with Vietjet call center again. They just confirm me that my refund is processing. Then I have to ask them to feedback me by tomorrow. They feedback to me on the next day and inform that they will refund to my credit card within 15 to 20 days after that day which mean that I have to wait for my refund almost 60 days from the day the I cancel the booking. How terrible service they are.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Dalat

"customer service good"

Trip Verified | I felt it was important to write a review of VietJet Air, because before booking I looked at the reviews and they were terrible, so I was really nervous, but due to the route/date I choose to take a chance and book it anyways. So I'm here to say it was fine! Keep in mind its a budget airline in Asia. The flight left on time, the seats were standard and customer service good. I pre-ordered a meal (spaghetti), it was fine for airline food, not exactly good, but good enough. My only real complaint is the pre-boarding seemed a bit confusing, just because it didn't start until after I thought boarding should have started and with the previous reviews I was nervous.
RouteSingapore to Hanoi
Date FlownMay 2018

"do not buy tickets from VietJet"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Hanoi. When we were planning our trip, we had seen some bad reviews, but in the end we decided to give a shot - also because it was cheaper in comparison to others flight. Don't do our same mistake! Is the first time that I review something, but this time I have to! We booked our flight on March, for the first of May, from Da Nang to Hanoi at 8 p.m and then we should have had our flight back home in Italy with Emirates from Hanoi at 01.30 a.m.. We thought there were plenty of time. But we were absolutely wrong. They rescheduled our flight 5 or 6 times, even 2 hours before the departure. At the end the departure was at 22.40, really late for us. We were at the airport at 7 p.m., trying to change our flight..but everything was full, the only thing they could do was to put us on "priority", so we could collect our luggage in a short time. At the desk no one spoke English fluently, just the manager, but at some point I think that she wasn't really pay attention on us, she was just smiling over and over and we were losing our minds. She repeated to us that "the departure will be on time, no delay, you will have plenty of time to go to the international airport, why are you complaining?!". We asked, at the customer service, to call their colleagues in Hanoi in order to help us contact Emirates and warn of the delay and to wait for us. They said they dont have the number. At the time of boarding they changed the gate, and of course, it was in the opposite side of the airport. At the end, we took off at 23.30, arriving at the national airport at 00.40. We ran out of the airport, without collecting the luggage, hoping to catch our main flight, but they already closed the check in. We were at 01am. at the Hanoi airport without knowing where to go or what to do. So, please, be wise, spend a little bit more, but do not buy tickets from VietJet Air.
RouteDa Nang to Hanoi
Date FlownMay 2018

"Both flights were delayed"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Nha Trang to Hanoi. Both flights were delayed only one hour before boarding, our flight to Nha Trang wasnt delayed long , but the flight returning to Hanoi was a nightmare. The chinese tourists absolutely hog the counter to check in, very unfair one person in the line and when they in the front 20 more passengers jump with their passports and ridiculous amount of luggage and go ahead, leaving everyone in the line waiting hours. Its unfair, people should line up and go one by one or couples, or small families together not whole big groups at once as there is many people waiting in the line to be helped next and all of a sudden 20 people just appear and push. There is no organisation in the queues.
RouteNha Trang to Hanoi

"avoid this airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. I have flown more than 1,000 times with over more than 100 airlines and I have never had a thought about needing to write a review for one until now. I feel it is best to warn people to avoid this airline. My gf booked this airline even though we read the numerous negative review but thought that the price was cheap enough to give it a try on a short 1 hour domestic flight. The service is the absolute worst and the most unprofessional I have ever seen in my life. Rude and untrained/unqualified staff. I had to call their manager over and while he was trying to defend his staff, accidentially quoted a rule in their airline which completely rejects his defence. Was really not helpful either all he did was try to back up his staff without any reason. I guess thats what they get taught for this airline, defend you staff first no matter how wrong they are. Really poor customer service. The worst I have ever seen, they literally treat you with no respect. 100% your flight will be delayed, and even though its delay the staff will insist you arrive 1.30 hour before the original time even if your flight is delayed for 2 hours! That means they want you to sit there and wait for about 3-4 hours before your flight even though they know that their flight is delayed since the morning. On top of that the rudeness of their staff makes you wondering if any of them went through any training at all. And remember this is for a 1 hour flight. Now I know everyone experience a “bad” flight once in a while but to experience the exact same thing for both flights there and back is ridiculous. Being a low cost airline with all the hidden costs like for baggage, it's really not cheaper than similar airlines like Air Asia. But I really would recommend you spend a little more for the piece of mind. Again, if you dont want to face any disappointment and worst service you will experience, avoid this airline at all cost.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2018

"I had to eat the meal on my lap"

Trip Verified | VJ 180, A320, 7th April, Ho Chi Minh-Hanoi. I had originally booked an earlier flight however the flight was re-scheduled to leave an hour later. I used the Vietjet Kiosk to check in and it was possible to choose your seat from the seating plan on the screen. I only had hand luggage which was restricted to one piece and 7kg. The security line moved efficiently despite only one security officer checking ID's against boarding passes and the limited screening lanes in operation. The flight was delayed by an hour, no reason was provided at the desk. The fleet are fitted with leather seats with a tight seat pitch of 29". I ordered a Vietnamese rice dish for US$ 3 which was tasty but a small portion by airline standards. I had to eat the meal on my lap as my tray table was broken which seemed to be a common trait across my row. On arrival in Hanoi we transferred to the terminal by Bus which delayed the arrival process.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hanoi