VietJet Air

"Never again Vietjet"

(Liechtenstein)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. We first booked a flight to Hanoi at 19:10. Vietjet then put us on another flight one hour later. There was a notification via travel agency. On the day of departure, when we wanted to check in again, we were put on another flight, yet again which was to depart one hour later again. There was no notification about that, neither via airline, nor travel agency. Shortly before boarding there was an announcement that boarding will be delayed another 2 hours because of late arrival. So from our initial departure, we were delayed until past midnight with the departure. We reached our hotel at around 3 am. Never again Vietjet!
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hanoi
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I would fly with them again"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Ho Chi Min City. I was a little apprehensive about taking any flight between these two cities. The reviews seem to indicate problems with unreliability with timeliness or cancellations at short notice. Check in was quick and I finished with Emergency Row exits on a flight which did not have a full load. The flight left a few minutes late but landed on time in Ho Chi Min City. A light meal was served but there was no in flight entertainment (not unexpected on a one hour flight). The interior of the plane was clean and everything seemed to work. There were no significant delays in getting luggage from the flight. The performance was much better than I expected so I would fly with them again.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Min City
Date FlownApril 2017

"polite and friendly crew staff"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | We booked the tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Thanh Hoa through the tour company, I had never heard of Vietjet Air before this trip. And it was also the first time I’ve flown in Skyboss class. They provided new flight concept with quiet and private spaces to relax. Moreover, they gave us the professional services with polite and friendly crew staff. Thank you for making this experience so much impressive.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Thanh Hoa
Date FlownApril 2017

"decent for a low cost airline"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Chu Lai. Booked on this as Jet star Pacific flight BL 226 cancelled as an alternative it was decided to travel on Viet jet. as I had only hand bag did the Kiosk check in very hassle free and completed Security check, it has to be noted in security check Boarding pass checked along with ID / Passport. Boarding gates opened at 20 Min Prior to departure every one is queued up but at aircraft boarding all hell broken out as if flight will taken off without them - boarding boarding staff could managed better. Onboard seat comfort is good leg room also decent for a low cost airline. Took off in time Arrived at Chu Lai hassle free de boarding as I didn't have a checked in bag, I didn't have any experience on baggage handling.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Chu Lai
Date FlownMay 2017

"VietJet is always delayed"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Taipei to Ho Chi Minh City. I have flown with the airline numerous times since their fares are affordable, but their flights are almost never on time. I understand that Vietnam's airports are very busy and, in Saigon's case, operating above capacity, but VietJet's consistent inability to stick even close to schedule is extremely frustrating. There is rarely any explanation beyond 'the plane arrived late,' and never any effort to apologize to passengers. It has become a running joke among people living here that VietJet is always delayed. I also hate having to use a bus to get to the plane for nearly every flight to/from Saigon, even when there are jetways available.
RouteTaipei to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff were happy to help"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Flew from Buon Ma Thuot to Hanoi with VietJet Air. Flight was mostly full but the service from the staff was still fine - frequently offered water and other drinks, food came at the right times and staff were happy to help with whatever was needed. Overall, very pleased with this airline and would recommend.
RouteBuon Ma Thuot to Hanoi
Date FlownOctober 2016

"staff would not give any explanation"

Verified Review | Our flight was more than 8 hours late. We firstly boarded a flight and waited for more than one hour on the flight without AC and the staff would not give any explanation. There were also young children, babies and elderly passengers and it was 40 C inside the flight. Then we were asked to change flights and had to go back to the airport - a total mess. It was obvious that no one was handling the situation. We had one free and very poor meal and had to wait again for hours, meanwhile the gate number kept changing. We finally boarded a second flight and again we waited almost two hours before it took off. This experience left a very negative impact on me of VietJet Air. I spent one day of a ten day trip at the airport without any one being able to explain in proper English what was happening.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hue
Date FlownJune 2017

"best choice in price range"

Verified Review | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. My recent experience and this was the best choice in price range for our holiday trip, particularly with regard to customer service. The flight on a new and modern aircraft and enjoyed their good standard service. We will travel with Vietjet Air in the future.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMay 2017

"a terrible experience"

Verified Review | I am on a business trip from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City and when checking in at the VietJet Air counter, the ground staff was very rude. They were demanding a return ticket which my company have not booked yet as our conference in Vietnam date is not confimed or should there be a delay. This is my first trip to Vietnam for business and VietJet Air has given me a terrible experience.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City

"they are the worst"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Hue. Delays after delays. We have made the mistake of flying with VietJet Air several times. The flights themselves are a classic example of budget airlines. Basic service but cheap tickets. Of all the budget airlines in Asia we have used they are the worst. Our flight was delayed 3 times today, totalling 5 hours. We even paid more for the earlier flight that didn't leave much earlier than the cheaper evening flight. All the VietJet flights out of Hanoi today were delayed as well. This seems to be a trend as they are not punished for persistent delays. Avoid and pay the few extra few dollars for a reliable airline!
RouteHanoi to Hue