Top 100 Airlines

VietJet Air

"just very unorganized"

Overall horrible experience. We flew out from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. There were so many reschedules! The original time was supposed to be at 9:10pm. They first changed it to 9:35pm, then 10pm, the moment we got on the plane was almost 11pm, if not later. Customer service was so bad. When we asked about the boarding time, they first didn't answer and when they did, they sounded angry. People cut through lines. Just very unorganized. The seats were filthy and the cabin crew was not very professional. People were loud but no one said anything. Not again!
Date FlownMay 2016

"a lot of stress and aggravation"

Verified Review | Danang-Ho Chi Minh-Bangkok to save a little money. When in Vietnam, VietJet Air emailed and sent text to my Thai mobile to notify me of a delay to my HCM City to Bangkok flight. A few days later upon check in at Danang Airport for 1:20 pm flight, I was notified of 2 hr delay. I told agent I would miss connection in HCM city as I needed to exit the Domestic Terminal, check in at the International Terminal. She said they emailed me but I had no email or text notification as I had received previously. At the VJ ticketing desk, the clerk only kept repeating in an unsympathetic tone that she was sorry and would refund money for flight from Danang to HCM City. I told her that I still needed to get to HCM City; this did not solve my problem. She said buy a ticket on Vietnam Airlines – full price, last minute, 3 times what VJ was refunding me. She offered no other options. When I asked if VJ would make any accommodation for their delay, she admitted that even though the delay was VJ’s fault, it is corporate policy to just refund cost and I would have to pay for a new ticket on another airline. Another handful of passengers arrived with connection problems. As Vietnam Airlines had a flight at 1:25 pm (it was after 12 noon), I decided to just pay for the ticket. In HCM City checking in for VJ flight to BKK, I was asked if I am checking any baggage. I said no; I would bring my bag with me on the plane. Agent asked to weigh my luggage: 12 kg – just 5 kg over the 7 kg limit but size of bag was fine. Ticket agent: I have to pay to check in my bag. I told her that as a result of VJ’s delayed flight in Danang, I paid 3 times what VJ refunded for a Vietnam Airlines flight to HCM City. No sense of customer service, no acknowledgement for ridiculous hassle and extra expense, just constantly repeating that it is corporate policy, I had to pay to check my bag. The VietJet Air Customer Service Representative just repeatedly asked me whether I had read their 7 kg limit when I booked my flight. I reminded her that the 2 hr delay in Danang was their fault and I paid 3 times the cost of my original VJ flight for a new ticket. After checking my booking, she says, with gritted teeth, that because of the inconvenience, “I’m going to let you carry on your bag.” It cost VJ nothing to let me carry on my bag. It would have gone a long way with any customer with a bad experience to pretend to listen, fake a little understanding, and say in a kind tone, “I’m so sorry about all the inconvenience today. I will let the agents know that you can carry your bag on. Please have a nice flight.” This flight landed an hour late in Bangkok, parked far away so a longer than usual bus ride just to get to the main airport. Horrible experience! Saving a little money up front cost me more money and a lot of stress and aggravation.
RouteDAD to BKK via SGN
Date FlownMay 2016

"flights on time or early"

(Japan)

Verified Review | I flew three times with Vietjet Air from May 4th to May 8th. It's LCC so everyone should know going in that there could be undesirable situations that can occur. I had no such situation. The staff on ground and in air was courteous and helpful. The flights were on time or early, seats were comfy and the airplane was clean and looked in almost new condition inside. With 3/3 flights being terrific I can recommend Vietjet Air. The routes I took were SGN to HAN and SGN to TPE.

"service was friendly"

Flew Hanoi to Danang with VietJet Air. If you only want to get from A to B and it is not a too long flight, this airline is absolutely perfect. Service was friendly, they immediately gave me water for taking my forgotten pill without any charge. They changed both flights for us to to better flight times. It was so easy to upgrade the baggage. We paid for 40 kg more (4 persons) at a very cheap rate. If you need a drink or something to eat during the flight: just buy it. All four of us can recommend this airline for short flights (about 90 minutes).

"there was no problem"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi return, and both outbound and inbound flights were OK. They changed the flight departure time but informed us well ahead. So there was no problem. Seats were OK. Staff on the ground and flight were curteous. Nothing to mention bad. It was a family trip of three. We flew from New York to Ho Chi Minh via Air China. Separate tickets were bought from Vietjet online from USA. No surprise prices because invoice explains everything.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"overall a poor experience"

Short VietJet Air flight from Nha Trang (CXR) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN). Booked the flight a few months in advance and a week before flying I decided to check the flight details via Manage my booking. Without having been notified by email or phone (they had both details), I see that the flight time had changed by almost 12 hours! When I called up their call centre the call hung up after 10 minutes as they were too busy to respond. I went to their office in Hanoi in person and got the the flight rebooked to one closer to my original departure time. The lady explained they only notify people of a time change if they have a Vietnamese phone number! Helpful. Arrived at Nha Trang airport with plenty of time. At scheduled flight time the plane had not arrived and no information was provided and no ground staff in sight. Plane arrived 45 minutes late and no apology. Plane was fairly comfortable but seat pitch was awful. Overall a poor experience.
AircraftA320-200
RouteCXR to SGN
Date FlownApril 2016

"ground staff utterly woeful"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Da Nang with VietJet Air. Ground staff were utterly woeful. On both legs we were told we had not paid for check in luggage demanding "You need to pay for luggage. Ho many pieces you want to pay for?" When I confronted them about it and showed them the receipt they suddenly and quietly checked our bags on. I saw this happen repeatedly to other passengers too. Onboard the staff were helpful and friendly. Their shuttle service in Hanoi should be avoided at all cost. Even after asking the driver three times if they went to Hoan Kiem Lake or near the Old Quarter, to which he replied yes every time we were still harassed off the bus at around 3km away, whilst the driver and other locals laughed at us. Cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Date FlownApril 2016

"felt a little dated inside"

I booked Vietjet Air from Hanoi to Danang as it was far cheaper than Vietnam Airlines, the only other option. We had a good experience with this airline. Admittedly our departure time did change a couple of times which we only ascertained by checking on the website ourselves - we didn't receive email notification. Our original departure time was 21.40, then it seemed to change to 21.20, then eventually 21.05. It was a bit confusing as there seemed to be lots of flights for this route all within about 30 mins of one another. It felt a bit like catching a bus - you're not quite sure what time it'll turn up. However, we got to the airport in plenty of time, and checked in with ease as we had checked in online. The check-in assistant was helpful and friendly. We boarded and departed on time without incident. The aircraft felt a little dated inside, but was perfectly comfortable. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful and all in all it was a good flight. As I'd read reviews re this airline I was prepared for potential issues such as flight time changes, and we pre-empted these by continually checking the online airport departure boards etc to see the latest info, and by getting to the airport in plenty of time. Perhaps we were lucky that all went to plan, but, at £62 for 2 of us to fly from Hanoi to Danang, when Vietnam Airlines was at least 3 times this, I certainly have no complaints about this experience. You get what you pay for, after all.

"numerous reschedules experienced"

Hanoi to Ho chi Minh with VietJet Air. I must say the numerous reschedules we have experienced for our previous return flight and the incoming one are totally not professional. Reschedule a flight (which we already rescheduled twice before) from 6am in the morning to 8pm in the evening (and communicate the change the day before). They are not able to provide any reasonable alternative and compensation is very disappointing. It was a short trip (3 days) to Da Nang and VietJet Air just ruined the first day.
RouteHAN to SGN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"delayed for indeterminate time"

(Vietnam)

I've been flying with VietJet Air a dozen times. Not once it hasn't been delayed. This time there's something wrong with the plane. The crew took us to the plane. Made us wait 15 minutes in the heat and without any explanations they put us back in a bus. Give us an excuse that this plane is actually going to Danang, when there's clearly something wrong with the plane. Then we wait 10 mn in the bus. Back to the airport with no explanation or information on what's going on. 10 minutes later we're informed that the plane has been delayed for an indeterminate time.
Date FlownFebruary 2016