VietJet Air

"Would not recommend"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | This airline was terrible!! Flew multiple times with them travelling through Vietnam and not one flight was on time! Except at least 2 hour delays on 40 minute domestic flights. Would not recommend if you want to get to your destination quickly and effectively. Worst airline ever.
RouteNha Trang to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"my experience was perfectly pleasant"

Trip Verified | Have read many of the reviews for this airline I had prepared myself for hell. However my experience was perfectly pleasant. The airline had changed the flight time from 12:35 to 11:20, they had emailed us but my friend had missed the email, subsequently we arrived at the airport at 11:03 in a panic, however the staff were very friendly and happy to help, they let us check in and baggage drop and as it was a domestic flight there was only security to get past and we made our flight with 5 minutes to spare. On board we had heard horror stories of the service, however on this short domestic flight the food and drinks were very reasonably price compared with Ryanair for example, and the staff very attentive. The food was also nice enough given how cheap it was. No major delay to our flight and we took off and landed fine. Overall the flight was very good value for money and in my experience compared to other airlines, a perfectly standard airline where you get what you pay for.
RouteHanoi to Hue
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I would give zero stars"

Trip Verified | Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh. I had the misfortune of flying Vietjet on a quick one way trip from Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City. I noticed when I arrived at the airport that my name "Brendan James Long", appeared instead as "James Long Long". When I was redirected to their counter to discuss the issue I was told I would be unable to board as a result of my name not matching what showed on the passport. I asked about changing the name as my email on my reservation displayed my full name, and asked if they could clarify via the passport number that I had submitted on my booking, but was told that I was required to make name changes up til 3 hrs til the flight. When I tried to explain my situation and come up with a solution, the check in agents seemed to fake a sudden inability to communicate in English that hadn't been an issue for any of my friends who had checked in previously. As the flight was coming up in the hour, they then sold me another ticket at double the cost of the original and I was required to go back in line to check my baggage. One of my friends had the misfortune of violating their arbitrary weight max for carry ons and was given a fee equivalent to 60% of his original ticket. Another girl we spoke to earlier in the week had a flight scheduled to leave at 2AM. She had the fortune of having her 1hr flight rescheduled to 4AM about 15hr before the flight. Yay Vietjet! I guess you really do get what you pay for. Terrible customer service, predatory practices, and overall one of the worst experiences that I've had with an airline. Couple this with no online check in and a 30+ minute line to see if they could slap you with a weight fine and we had about as bad of an experience as someone can have at an airport. If I could give zero stars, I would.
RouteNha Trang to Ho Chi Minh

"they changed my flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight for June 16, 2018 from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh, but I was really shocked that they changed my flight schedule to June 15, 2018 without any advice. I was fortunate to check my status thru their website because I was arranging my itinerary for my Indochina tour. So I asked help from my friend in Vietnam to verify it with Vietjet. Then after that I suddenly received an email from Vietjet regarding my new schedule. If I will fly the date that they gave, I would have to make a lot of re-booking and changes in my itinerary. So of course I cancelled my booking with them and booked with another airline with much higher cost. They said that they would refund my money 15 working days from June 7, 2018 but until now nothing.
RoutePhnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh

"all too often delayed"

Not Verified | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City. I've flown with Vietjet a few times over my years living and traveling in SE Asia and, unless the flight is exceptionally good value compared to other options, I'd recommend people to avoid. Simply put: their flights are all too often delayed, to the point where it seems they are doing so purposefully (in order to maximise profit/reduce flights, one would suppose). With this airline you should expect to be delayed, so don't use them if timing is of extreme importance. The most recent delay that annoyed me to the point of writing this review was when our original booking of DaNang to HCMC was delayed 3 times. The midweek, off peak flight, departure time of 23.45 (on a Thursday night) was delayed by around an hour and we were notified via email/text at 11.55am... not great but you can deal with it. We were then notified at 18:00 in the same way that the flight was delayed by around 40 minutes. We arrive to a pretty much empty Da Nang domestic airport, check in, and then around 15 minutes prior to boarding, the flight was delayed again to 02:20. This was a routine, domestic, 1-hour-ish flight - come on Vietjet, work out what is going on and, if there will be a delay, be honest and tell us how long the delay will actually be, rather than wasting everyone's time by giving unrealistic times that you might hope the plane will be ready by. So, in short, avoid if you can afford it or if there is another option with a different airline at a different cost because odds are you'll be delayed.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City

"experience was shocking"

Not Verified | I don’t usually write reviews but my experience yesterday was so shocking that I feel like I have to. My boyfriend and I have taken four flights while travelling around Thailand and Vietnam and never had a bad experience until taking our flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City with VietJet Air. First of all, we received an email three hours before our scheduled flight stating that our initial flight had been changed from 11.30 till 12.20. The reason that we had booked the 11.30 flight was so we could get the bus into the centre so this wasn’t good start to our travels. When arriving at the airport, it was clear that chaos reigned. The airport check in desk was a long queue with no order whatsoever to who was next. We wait in the airport having to watch the flight which we were initially on take off. There was absolutely no update about our flight until half an hour before it was scheduled to fly, with the airline just stating that there was a delay. Next thing you know, ten minutes before our time flips back an hour with no warning (and no announcement!) They had simply just changed the flight time, not even leaving the initial flight time on the board. Of course, the flight is even later than this and after a two hour wait for our new flight and a few gate changes, we get on the plane at 1.45. Regarding the other flights, every one was delayed that night and they even flew out a flight which was due to fly one hour after us to the same destination (clearly we were not the priority). We ended up getting out of the airport at half three in the morning after baggage. We were meant to arrive at 12.50 into Ho Chi Minh. If you love and respect yourself please consider not flying with this airline. After this experience, I will never insult Ryanair again.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2018

"extraordinary if there is no delay"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City. I use Vietjet at least once a month and it is extraordinary if there is no delay. They also experienced various issues with their IT system. Prices are high. Unfortunately, not many alternatives in Vietnam. Fake competition?
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMay 2018

"none of them departed on time"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hue to Ho Chi Minh City. I have flown with VietJet Air several times and this time I was travelling with my parents around Vietnam. We booked the tickets months in advance and have 4 trips in 3 weeks. Literally none of them departed on time. How is this airline still up and running? No reimbursement and in one flight they moved the flight 6 hours in advance so we had to book a wew flight to make Our schedule work .
RouteHue to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMay 2018

"wait almost 60 days for refund"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I had a booked flight on 30 Apr 2018 with depart time at 5.10 pm from Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City. I got message from Vietjet that my flight was be changed depart time from 5.10 pm to be 7.10 am. The new depart time is not match with my schedule then I contact to their call center They proposed me to cancel booking and they will refund my payment back. I confirm to cancel the booking and Vietjet staff confirm to me that I will get the refund within 15 day at the office that I do payment (8BIS office). After 15 days I have call to check with 8BIS office about my refund. They reply that they not yet get information from accounting, please call to check with them again 3- 4 days later. I keep waiting and call to check again. The answer from staff of 8BIS office still the same. They have got no information from their accounting yet. Then I ask them to check with their internal and feedback to me. No feedback from Vietjet team. I call to follow up with 8BIS office again and they still have no answer for me that when can i get my refund. The best thing that they can do is email to ask their accounting. If I need more information I have to call to Vietjet call center. I have to call to follow with Vietjet call center again. They just confirm me that my refund is processing. Then I have to ask them to feedback me by tomorrow. They feedback to me on the next day and inform that they will refund to my credit card within 15 to 20 days after that day which mean that I have to wait for my refund almost 60 days from the day the I cancel the booking. How terrible service they are.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Dalat
Date FlownApril 2018

"customer service good"

Trip Verified | I felt it was important to write a review of VietJet Air, because before booking I looked at the reviews and they were terrible, so I was really nervous, but due to the route/date I choose to take a chance and book it anyways. So I'm here to say it was fine! Keep in mind its a budget airline in Asia. The flight left on time, the seats were standard and customer service good. I pre-ordered a meal (spaghetti), it was fine for airline food, not exactly good, but good enough. My only real complaint is the pre-boarding seemed a bit confusing, just because it didn't start until after I thought boarding should have started and with the previous reviews I was nervous.
RouteSingapore to Hanoi