VietJet Air

"recommend people not to use"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiangmai to Bangkok with Thai Vietjet. Worst flying experience in my life. Bad service, bad customer service, long line at check in, scheap but not cheap. The worst part is them forcing you to buy their so call "weight package" cause they only give you 5kg for loading on the plane. Their weight package is a package for 20kg. You know at that point what to do you only have to pay. I feel like I been ripped off cause am paying more than other good low cost airline like Nokair, AirAsia, Lionair etc. First time on Vietjet and never again. Would recommend people not to use, if you don't wanna go through the same experience as I did. This situation happened in Thai Vietjet.
RouteChiangmai to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"customer service is very bad"

Trip Verified | Vietjet Air is the worst airline I have ever experience in my life. I booked the ticket fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Hue on November 3 2017. Vietjet issued the ticket with the last name and the first name in the same word. when I realized their mistake I try to contact them by phone by email so many times for correcting the name but their customer service is very bad, they did not solve the problem Finally, I could not fly from Saigon to Hue with vietjet on November 3 which i already paid for them. Then on November 4, one day after the flying day Vietjet email me to confirm the flight, that is ridiculous. I don't think that is the way to do business. The customer pay money for nothing. The customer service is very bad, the hotline nobody pickup the phone, and they hang up on me in the middle of the conversation.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hue
Date FlownNovember 2017

"very poor experience with this airline"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. I had very poor experience with this airline. Both ground and onboard service are worse. I missed my Connecting flight from Bangkok to Dubai because they delayed their flight from Phuket. Vietjet didn't take any responsibility and I was stuck in the airport with family including 1yr old baby. Their office was closed and could not get in touch with any staff at Bangkok airport. I contacted their HOTline number and after 30 mins call they said they can only apologize. I discourage anyone to book with VietJet.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"All in all, worst experience ever"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh. The staff was totally rude, had to wait for 30 minutes or more by the counter as the lady printed my name incorrectly on the ticket from the first time, then they told me that my laptop is also counted as the hand luggage so I exceeded 7kg and they made me pay for it! I assume that this airline wants us to leave the laptops in the suitcases. All in all, worst experience ever, will never use this airline's services again and don't recommend you!
RouteNha Trang to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownNovember 2017

"usually change the flight schedule"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Da Nang. Horrible experience. Vietjet air usually change the flight schedule, delayed very often. This time, my flight ticket was changed 4 hours earlier than original ticket that it become junk. I'm sick and tired of poor service, never buy Vietjet Air tickets in the future.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang

"very unpleasant experience"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Queued for over one hour to check in in Ho Chi Minh City, nearly missed my flight to Da Nang, rushed through security and for there with 2 minutes to spare. Then queued for another ten minutes. Then they announced the flight was delayed, ten minutes after it was supposed to leave. Terrible service in the airport. Nobody to help me while I was getting very worried about missing my flight. Huge queues of equally stressed people. A very unpleasant experience
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Nang
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Very rude and unhelpful staff"

Verified Review | Flew VietJet Air from Phuket to Bangkok. Very rude and unhelpful staff. I’ve booked three trips with this airline from the UK, and on the first two trips I found that I was unable to fit into the seats as I am 6‘1“ tall . I fit into every other airline seat I have flown with. It would appear that this airline has specified a smaller gap between seats in order to squeeze more people on the aircraft. On the first two trips, the staff reluctantly had to move people from the emergency exit seats so that I could actually safely sit down. On the third trip I asked for an emergency exit seat at the check-in, and was greeted with the fact that I would have to pay extra. When I explained that I could not fit into the seats, I was told that it was my fault. They would accept no responsibility, incorrectly blaming Airbus. I was treated very disrespectfully I was made to feel shameful of my situation. I complained to the manager, who in fact was worse than the check-in girl. I would suggest that you fly with a more reputable airline who value customer service and return business.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2017

"efficient and sociable staff"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Flew Hue to Da Nang via Hanoi on 18th and 23rd October 2017. VietJet Air domestic is pure gambling with departures. In this case they cancelled a midday flight 2 weeks before and put me on an afternoon flight four hours later. I suspect they cancel if loads are low and also transfer low-payers to less popular flights if full-payers are starting to fill the flights. At times they combine flights to get more load, but they hide it by giving other reasons. In this case I could manage the change – provided that it did not change again – one never knows. They are not even transparent with the changes – they issue robotically new schedules and have to re-check everything carefully. This takes time and at times these “likely re-schedulings” are sent five times prior to departure. This is stressful and time-consuming – whether or whether not there is a change detected. Tickets might be cheap (promotional fares of zero VND ends up in at least 500,000 VND) - but with add-ons and all kind of funny fees they become de facto expensive and are unchangeable for a reasonable amount (better buy a new ticket). Luggage policy at check-in is unpredictable – at times they are generous – next time rude and merciless. FA staff on board are good, fresh, and nice. Aircrafts fresh and colourful. Menu’s and sales items on board are quite comprehensive and prices are medium, not cheap, but cheaper than in the airport. Mainly bus-gating applies (leave or arrive aircraft by bus). I stopped using them for business and flights with international connections. At times I buy for fun if promotions are on and I am not busy. I then expect nothing and might get a good surprise. The chances that everything goes normal, timely, and smooth from ticket purchase to departure I will estimate being only 60% likely. On monitors in airports they hide delays and do not announce actual departures. These are even hidden (not informed to?) on most flight-tracking tools. VJ international and regional appears to be much more reliable. All the problems they tend to dump in Vietnam. Anyway, how did it go in this particular case? I was maybe luckier than normal as the two flights eventually went on-time (after they rescheduled some days in advance), FA service was good, cabin fresh, colourful and marvellous, well-polstered seats. They were not picky on very big hand-luggage. For the 50 USD paid in total it was a bargain, despite forced flight changes. Aircrafts were in both cases brand new A321s. They gave me the best seats onboard without paying extra. Check-in took 5 minutes in queue which is acceptable. No IFE, but excellent, efficient, and sociable staff on-board making passengers in a good mood. Without all these flight changes (and potential delays) they could be rated up to 9 of 10.
RouteHue to Da Nang via Hanoi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"incompetent staff at VietJet Air"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Phuket. I paid for seats with more space and 2 of us did not get them. I write an email with my booking number and seat details. The first answer was that they want have the the booking number - I gave it to them twice. Tbe second answer they want I tell them the seats numbers of my passengers who didnt get the paid place - I gave it twice! They do not want refund my money and that is betraying. Absolutely incompetent staff at VietJet Air.
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"Terrible service"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Terrible service. My mom has lost her phone and asked for help from the staff at VietJet Air's check in area and what they replied is irresponsible and unacceptable. They argued with me at the airport that they are not responsible for this and I should have taken care of it by myself in a bad manner. I have called to VietJet Air hotline and emailed about the case but no feedback. I'm surprised people still use its service. Probably just because it's dirt cheap.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Da Lat