VietJet Air

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Hanoi. Horrible airline. Flown 4 times, 100% delayed. On the day itself you receive multiple emails informing you of flight time changes and constant shift in schedule. Once they have finally decided their departure time a further delay at the airport is guaranteed to follow. Flight itself is very unprofessional. People standing during landing, even walking to my window and blocking my view to see out. Captain even came on the intercom and shouted blast off just before take off. Avoid at all costs.
RouteDa Nang to Hanoi
Date FlownApril 2018

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Worst airline I have ever flown. When I booked the tickets, it said (free baggage/not free baggage) which was confusing so my wife call their customer service in BKK and she was told that there was a baggage fee of 160Bhat for up to 15KG so that was OK with us. What customer service did not say was that you must buy the baggage fee online! When we went to check in, we were informed the fee was 458Bhat! So we tried to call customer service and they do not open until 0800 but we had to check in before 0700! So we tried the website and it would not let us purchase the baggage fee so we were screwed into paying 458Bhat for 12KG. The service people were all rude - on the plane, could not even get a cup of water unless you wanted to pay 120Bhat. They tried to charge you for everything.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok

"flight was delayed"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Danang to Ho Chi Minh. At Danang airport, our flight was delayed. The boarding gate was changed. We were waiting at the gate without knowing. No staff or updated information on the information screen at the departure hall. We had to walk to almost every gate in order to find the airline staffs and asked. It ended up that the flight was 95 minutes delayed. Unprofessional.
RouteDanang to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownApril 2018

"impressed with the service"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City. I am impressed with the service, from check in counter to inflight! They served with bright smile and high attitude. Comparing with the price, I can say VietJet is the best! Service is beyond expectation, food is good, air plan is clean, seat is comfortable.
RouteChiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City

"every time is delayed"

Trip Verified | Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City. I Always fly with Vietjet and every time is delayed. I don’t know about this airline policy services but always ask me to buy insurance for delay when I booked ticket online. I’m not sure about this situation but ticket is valuable money.
RouteDalat to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownApril 2018

"the first and last time"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang. No clear information given! Called customer service for 2 times from Singapore due to charge double when I purchased additional baggage. The flight had been rescheduled 2 times and gave last minutes notification on the day before through email! Call centre informed me no need to bring my credit card since already verified. Then now in airport need to verify again. This will be the first and last time take this airline.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Da Nang
Date FlownApril 2018

"delayed and delayed and delayed"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | VietJet Air flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi was delayed and delayed and delayed. No announcement made until after the departure time. Staff and managers were rude. No consideration for passengers trying to get back to HCMC on a Sunday night and for those trying to catch connecting flights.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hanoi
Date FlownApril 2018

"Worst check in experience"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. Worst check in experience. Passengers were not handled one by one but across, people with overweight luggage were not charged or send away but discussed with for more than 20 mins. This happened more than once, hence massive delay occurred. Our check-in bag was almost forgotten. Chaotic. Took more than an hour to check in, despite relatively small line.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2018

"we are happy with all flights"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Taipei. First time we fly this airline for both International and domestic flights. We had good flights with smooth landing, very clear onboard announcement and safety demonstrations from cabin staff, better than Vietnam airlines for both their English and instructions. The cabin carry-on luggage is restricted to 7 kg that needs to improve if possible to allow heavy empty language case as mine that is already 5.5 kg. We understand this is a low cost airlines, so we paid for the extra weight ! On the way back from Taipei, we paid for extra leg room seats when checking in but only 3 seats were allocated on the second row and the other 3 spreading apart in the normal seats in rows 4 & 5. Cabin attendant played nut about this and we had to let go as making issue may cause delay. Overall, we are happy with all flights but be aware of mistake from ground staff. Check your boarding pass if you travel with a group.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Taipei
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Flights are constantly delayed"

Trip Verified | Flights are constantly delayed, seemingly by design. Apparently 17% are delayed 3 hrs or more, but I’d say 90%+ are delayed at least 30 mins. I had a connecting flight in Hanoi, left myself some wiggle room but not enough. The problem is Vietjet doesn’t tell you the flight is delayed until it’s already boarding time. But it’s always delayed because of a “late arrival”, often times the plane has not even left the origin city it is coming from. They only report delays when there is no plane at the gate at time of boarding. So I switch flights twice to still make my connection, went through security 3 times, got in line to board 3 times, and got delayed by 2+ hours 3 times. I ended pulling my checked luggage off of the bay and booking with another carrier. They noted I will not be refunded.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hanoi