VietJet Air

"Terrible service"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Terrible service. My mom has lost her phone and asked for help from the staff at VietJet Air's check in area and what they replied is irresponsible and unacceptable. They argued with me at the airport that they are not responsible for this and I should have taken care of it by myself in a bad manner. I have called to VietJet Air hotline and emailed about the case but no feedback. I'm surprised people still use its service. Probably just because it's dirt cheap.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Da Lat
Date FlownOctober 2017

"seats were good quality"

Verified Review | Flew VietJet Air from Buon Ma Thuot to Ha Noi. Our first time flying with this airline and it was great! The plane was clean and the seats were good quality. Staff friendly. We would try to fly with this airline again!
RouteBuon Ma Thuot to Ha Noi
Date FlownJune 2017

"This airline is terrible"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Yangon. This airline is terrible, the only reason many people use them is there are not many choices for airline companies out of Hanoi / Vietnam. They change or cancel flights last minute (one of our flights was changed 3 times), hidden charges and poor customer service.
RouteHanoi to Yangon

"unacceptable and irresponsible"

Verified Review | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh. We have a connecting flight from Ho Chi Minh back to Singapore. We had problem paying for our Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh with credit cards. Cut the story short, my banks advised that it is VietjetAir who is rejecting the payment. VietjetAir hotline agent said there is nothing they can help. Suggested kindly that I make my way to Da Nang airport to buy ticket from ticket office which costs much more money. I asked what if flight is full, the agent said they can't help us, just try our luck. Is this an acceptable level of service? Terrible, unacceptable and irresponsible are all I can said of VietjetAir. Just our lousy luck.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Be careful using this airline"

Verified Review | Danang to Ho Chi Minh City. Be careful when using this airline as they have a habit of constantly re scheduling their flights. We had an emirates conection to make in HCMC at 00.30 on 7th Sept, so booked the 16.35 flight from Danang in May. 6 days before the flight they told us it was cancelled. They asked us to choose another flight. We chose the 14.15 flight. 3 days later the informed us there was only 1 seat available (we needed 2). So we opted for the 21.20 (which gave us less than 2hrs transfer time) providing it took off on time. At 10.00 on the day of departure they informed me by mail that the take off time was revised to 22.00. As this was too late I called and cancelled my tickets and re booked with Vietnam Airlines at a cost of £180+. When I contacted Vietjet to claim a refund of the £55 I had paid they refused, saying that as the flight was only delayed by 40 minutes I was not entitled, even the taxes and charges. Apalling customer service, will never fly with them again as they have never been on time with any flight I have made with them previously, Complete lack of customer service.
RouteDanang to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"cabin crew were efficient"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Bangkok. This was my first trip with the airline in Vietnam. The cabin crew were efficient. Ground staff also friendly and helpful during my check-in. Seats are okay and not squashed and you have space to move. There's no in-flight entertainment, but the food served are quite nice.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2017

"delayed due to a technical problem"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Our flight from Yangon to Hanoi several months ago was delayed due to a technical problem with the plane. They tried their best to accommodate us and helping with the luggage. Delays are never a pleasant experience but Vietjet Air handled the problem well.
RouteNha Trang to Ha Noi
Date FlownJuly 2017

"this airline is terrible"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Siem Reap. I have flown many airlines and this airline is terrible. I am surprised they are still in business. I was charged $34AUD to add 'Matthew' to a reservation because they had my middle name and surname. All they had to do was add my first name. After I paid this, the plane was two hours late. Their planes cannot keep a schedule.
RouteHanoi to Siem Reap
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Skyboss is overpriced and poor value"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | VietJet Air Skyboss is overpriced and poor value for money. The lounge is in an out of the way part of HCMC airpoort and very hard to find. It's hard to get help finding the lounge, which is one of the most ordinary lounges in Asia. Food in the lounge is shocking! Skyboss seats hardly have any room and other passengers who haven't paid for Skyboss sometimes slip into the seats. Another problem is Skyboss overhead lockers are taken up by crew and you have to use lockers a few rows back. definitely not worth it. Vietnam airlines is a better option.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Nha Trang
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"staff were rude and abrupt"

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Phuket with VietJet Air. Within 2 minutes of boarding, I was thoroughly unimpressed. The staff were rude and abrupt, not welcoming. I know that the airline is a 'budget airline' but courtesy is mandatory service in my opinion. Would recommend to fly with Bangkok Airways as staff are friendly and helpful where required.
AircraftA320-214