VietJet Air

"staff would not give any explanation"

Verified Review | Our flight was more than 8 hours late. We firstly boarded a flight and waited for more than one hour on the flight without AC and the staff would not give any explanation. There were also young children, babies and elderly passengers and it was 40 C inside the flight. Then we were asked to change flights and had to go back to the airport - a total mess. It was obvious that no one was handling the situation. We had one free and very poor meal and had to wait again for hours, meanwhile the gate number kept changing. We finally boarded a second flight and again we waited almost two hours before it took off. This experience left a very negative impact on me of VietJet Air. I spent one day of a ten day trip at the airport without any one being able to explain in proper English what was happening.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hue
Date FlownJune 2017

"best choice in price range"

Verified Review | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. My recent experience and this was the best choice in price range for our holiday trip, particularly with regard to customer service. The flight on a new and modern aircraft and enjoyed their good standard service. We will travel with Vietjet Air in the future.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City

"a terrible experience"

Verified Review | I am on a business trip from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City and when checking in at the VietJet Air counter, the ground staff was very rude. They were demanding a return ticket which my company have not booked yet as our conference in Vietnam date is not confimed or should there be a delay. This is my first trip to Vietnam for business and VietJet Air has given me a terrible experience.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City

"they are the worst"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Hue. Delays after delays. We have made the mistake of flying with VietJet Air several times. The flights themselves are a classic example of budget airlines. Basic service but cheap tickets. Of all the budget airlines in Asia we have used they are the worst. Our flight was delayed 3 times today, totalling 5 hours. We even paid more for the earlier flight that didn't leave much earlier than the cheaper evening flight. All the VietJet flights out of Hanoi today were delayed as well. This seems to be a trend as they are not punished for persistent delays. Avoid and pay the few extra few dollars for a reliable airline!
RouteHanoi to Hue
Date FlownJune 2017

"Be careful with VietJet"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Be careful with VietJet Air. Evening before flight I tried to check in online, but system said that my booking number was not found even I checked it many times. Chiang Mai airport is not big and I live just in 5 minutes from the airport. So I arrived to the airport 50 minutes before my flight, which is domestic and I had no baggage. VietJet Check In counter was absent (I know airport pretty well). It took about 1-2 minutes to figure out where it should be. No signs, just a couple of VietJet employees who told me that I'm too late for Check In. If you have no baggage, and at checkin counter exactly 43 minutes before domestic departure - it is too late for VietJet and they can do nothing with it. In Chiang Mai airport it is just 5, maximum 10 minutes of walk to the boarding gate, including security check from checkin area. So I missed my 2 flights with VietJet and business meeting in Bangkok. I never had problems like this before and it was my first and last experience with VietJet.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"fed up with the many reschedules"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Travelled 11 May, Saigon to Hue. Price was cheaper, but Vietnam Airlines can still be cheaper and would be my first choice whenever schedule fits. As for VietjetAir the price of ticket was fine but I am fed up with the many reschedules, cancellations, and combining (merging) two flights into one) of their flights. Further, the risk of delays is always high. In my case, they reissued my ticket three times in the week up to departure and forced changes to my original schedule. The original flight “disappeared” 4 days prior to departure. So they gave me only one option of a very late flight (arriving Hue 23:30). However, they eventually departed on time according to this latest change. In the Airport they tried to put me on an earlier flight, but it did not work as it was closed 40 Minutes prior to departure. Without luggage I could have made it. On board good service and fresh crew. Luggage service fine and they were not fuzzy with excess hand-luggage.
RouteSaigon to Hue
Date FlownMay 2017

"Below any acceptable standards"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Danang. Purchased tickets for a weekend away with Vietjet as they had very convenient prices. At the gate we were surprised with a delay. No extra information provided. Then another delay was informed. Overall, under two hours delay but nobody from the airline was able to provide information. When finally managed to speak with someone, the reason, at first was late arrival of the aircraft which then changed to servicing the aircraft. Eventually upon boarding the plane, we had to change seats as the storage/pocket area of my daughter's seat was filthy. The plane had litter all around which was very unpleasant. Waiting for our return flight from Danang now and this flight is also delayed. No one from ground staff around to provide any explanation or updates with new flight time. Needless to say we won't be flying with Vietjet Air again. Below any acceptable standards within the industry.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Danang
Date FlownApril 2017

"the most terrible airline"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | My flight was the 31st March at 9:30am. So i set the my all schedule on that day. And when i woke up on that day. I just got a email from the Vietjet. My flight was changed to 5:30am. It was sent at 4am. And my flight was from Nha trang to Ho Chi minh and from Ho Chi Minh to Singapore. So I could not take all flights. And I called to the center, and they just said they can refund money. It is the best way to help me. I could not understand the Vietjet airline management system. It is the most terrible airline. I won't take the flight anymore. Their management system do not have any responsibility to guests. They destoried my all schedule. I just cancel my all schedule. So terrible experience. I recommend please do not take the flight for your time and money.
RouteNhatrang to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I expect better customer service"

Verified Review | While VietJet is a budget airline, I expect better customer service and communication. I purchased tickets for a friend and I from Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang; a month before our flight, VietJet kept emailing me about changes to our flight. Half of the emails were in Vietnamese and several of them didn't actually include new information. Our original fight time was about 11am, but with all the flight changes, it was moved up to 6:00am. At least they notified me about these changes though. While in Hue, my friend and I found out from the receptionist at our hostel that our flight had changed. We were reserving seats on an airport shuttle two days in advance, and the receptionist wanted to verify our flight time. Our scheduled flight of 2:20pm wasn't showing up online when she checked. Upset and confused by this ordeal, I looked up my reservation separately. Sure enough, the flight time had changed, but I hadn't received a single email from VietJet regarding this change. In addition to all of this, upon arriving at the airport, we were informed that our backpacks must be checked because they exceed 7kg. The cost of checking one backpack weighing up to 15kg is ~US$14. We only paid $22 for our tickets. AirAsia has a similar baggage policy, but in the five times I've flown with them, they have never enforced it. The VietJet flight wasn't fuller than any of my AirAsia flights either.
RouteSGN to DAD
Date FlownMarch 2017

"dirty with rubbish on the floor"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City. Delayed over 1 hour, on boarding the stewardess was playing with her nails, not looking at, welcoming or smiling to passengers. Plane was dirty with rubbish on the floor. The plane was an old Bulgarian Air plane with old branding, and begging for refreshment.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City