Turkish Airlines

(Russian Federation)

Lyon-IST-Moscow. 2 delays on our flights. Each of them for more than 30 minutes. Food quality was good. Not enough space for legs.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I flew from JFK to Madrid and back from Rome to JFK. Outbound flight was not a good one with a delay resulting in missing our connecting flight to Madrid but it was mainly due to heavy snow and delay at JFK itself. However the returning flight was a real nightmare: We (family of 4) were not given the seats we reserved on the phone with the airline. They cancelled our flight out of Rome and replaced it with one leaving 4 hours later and arriving at IST 2 hours after our connecting flight to JFK left. The funny thing is that on the phone and at the Rome airport the reps I spoke to kept reassuring us that we will be able to catch our flight anyway. Of course they were not being truthful and we missed our flight and were put in a hotel. We had to pay Turkish entry visas. But the worst came when they made pre-arrangement with the hotel for our food. They did not give any voucher but pre-ordered a dish (same for everybody) consisting in a bowl of some kind of soup a fistful of rice with a piece of unidentified meat on top and no dring (not even water) allowed. They had no consideration for people's choice or diet preferences. You may get lucky but you may also dearly regret flying with them.

Turkish Airlines customer review

MAN-IST return. Efficient check in clean plane. Good entertainment system. Food quality good. Poor leg room on the A321 in economy. However the same main course was served both sectors and although they give you a menu card with two options there was in fact only one option on both sectors. No separate drinks service only with food. Not up to the standard of the ME carriers.

Turkish Airlines customer review

TK1964 LGW-SAW TK0898 SAW-IKA on Oct 16th and return on Oct 30th on TK0899 IKA-SAW TK1963 SAW-LGW. I flew October 2013 from London to Tehran Via IST. This is by far the worst airline I have travelled with the food was ok but thats about it. The seats are uncomfortable there is no TV or entertainment. I believe they have new planes with TV's and comfortable seats for transatlantic routes but havent and will never try those.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I'm a frequent traveler hopping on planes every couple of weeks for U.S. domestic and European travel and my recent experience flying Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to JFK is the worst flight experience I have had. It started with not being able to contact the airline on the day of the flight to confirm the flight time on March 30th a day that Europe moved to daylight saving time but the Turkish government for some odd reason decided to delay the switch for twenty-four hours at the last minute. Next a surly person at the Turkish Airline check-in counter followed by a lengthy delay for takeoff due to the computer-automated baggage system being down. On the flight my travel companion and I were separated by the flight crew to accommodate a family that wanted to be seated together. We repeatedly told them we were traveling together he was moved to economy plus/business with plenty of seats around him but they refused to move me. So on an eleven-hour flight I ended up with no one to chat with. Finally the plane was full of toddlers and clearly the flight crew was having difficulty keeping the bathrooms clean and the cabin ended up smelling awful for the last 2 to 3 hours of the flight. On pulling out my laptop to do some work I discovered there was not enough room with the seat in front of me to actually open the laptop fully.

Turkish Airlines customer review

This was my 4th trip with Turkish and will be my last. Coming back from Istanbul to Houston on April 6th all the flight attendants were missing in action for about 6-7 hours. They ran out of chicken by the time they got to row 31. No beverages were offered for hours and after ringing 3 times and getting nowhere I had to get up and go and look for someone. Service has gone down considerably since 2008. The seats are very tight I am a small person and was having hard time in the economy seats.

Turkish Airlines customer review

YYZ-IST. Our aircraft arrived past our departure time so we were 2.5 hours late leaving. On Board: Turkish's Comfort Class well done food service and comfort. Seat was not great for sleep but we managed. Arriving very late at IST and line up for passport control for over 45 minutes we felt fortunate that our luggage was still there as it was almost an hour before we got to luggage belt. If we arrived on time this would not have happened. All of last five flights with TK were late.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Turkish Airlines customer review

TK1980 (14/3/2014) and 1985 (31/3/2014). Flights both outward and in were nightmares. For economy passengers the cabin seats food etc were fine. The cabin crew onboard were courteous enough. Onboard entertainment on outward flight was fine. The connecting flights were the ones that caused problems. On our outward journey there was only one hour allowed for us to get to the connecting flight from Istanbul to Dhaka. This one hour is too little. I am 71 years old and I was made to run behind the porter who was young and strong and was running and pushing my wife in a wheelchair through various check points to get us to the connecting flights on time. On the way back it was even worse. This time the time allowed for changeover at Istanbul was 1.5 hrs. The plane arrived late and after a very long wait the plane eventually stopped on one part of the runway. Passengers were bussed away and then the marathon began for them to get to the terminal for connecting flights. Same again running behind the porter pushing and running with my wife in the wheelchair. He managed to get us to the plane but just. There was no onboard entertainment on the flight from Dhaka to Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines customer review

LGW to Istanbul on 1 April return 6 April. As always the flight was on time the service friendly and the food good. Fantastic value for money and couldn't fault anything.

(Botswana)

Johannesburg to Istanbul on 3rd April 2014 flight TK 41. The flight was full yet flight attendants graciously attended to each passenger. They smiled and were extremely polite which is something that seems to be lacking across a number of airlines. Aircraft was very clean in great condition and the interior - in turquoise colour had a calming Mediterranean feeling to it. We were offered Turkish delights and dried fruit. Dinner followed it was sumptuous served with a variety of wines and other drinks. It was a pleasant 8 hour flight I was comfortable throughout. Toilets were spacious and clean. Throughout the flight the attendants were always nearby.