Top 100 Airlines

Thai AirAsia

"food fresh, cabin staff professional"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Even though AirAsia is not my favorite airline (because it is always more expensive than Lion Air and Thai Smile) I had no other choice to fly from Utapao to Chiang Mai. Hot seat was nice with enough legroom, food paid on board fresh and cabin staff very professional. I do not understand the meaning of priority boarding of hot seats if all passengers are boarding to the same bus.
RouteUTP to CNX
Date FlownAugust 2016

"professional crew and perfect punctuality"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok (DMK) to Yangon. Outgoing flight begin with hassle check in. I am well prepared with web check in, no luggage checked, early arrival and only need an immigration card. The queue is horrible with large crowd packed in every square inch of ground handling area, with no way to tell where the queue start. I spent 1.5 in the scrum and almost missed my flight. Once on board everything's fine. Aircraft is pretty new, professional crew and perfect punctuality. Returning flight on 8 year old A320, but seat cushion torn, dirty floor, stained and glared windows. I found my seat have broken recline button and cannot be kept in upright condition. I was reassigned a seat only to find that the one in front also has this problem.
RouteDMK to RGN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"last 2 flights have not been on time"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok Don Muang to Chiang Mai, flight booking for 9:40, instead they changed my flight to 10:20, and from CNX to DMK from 15:45 again they changed to 16:45. These are not the first time. Because last year I bought 5 flights for this year with them, and so far the last 2 flights that I flew with them have not been on time as well. Being a budget airline does not mean you can ignore being on time.
RouteDMK to CNX
Date FlownJuly 2016

"a good flight as usual"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok to Phuket with Thai AirAsia. Overall it was a good flight as usual. Flight on time, staff nice and friendly while being very professional, pilot experienced and the flight (including the touchdown) was extremely smooth. In my personal opinion although it might be a little bit more expensive to fly with Thai AirAsia than the other budget airlines (i.e. Lion Air), it's generally worth it. The usual thing as always - their seat is a bit too hard - but for a 1 hour flight it's perfectly fine.
RouteBKK to HKT
Date FlownMay 2016

"very friendly and helpful"

Verified Review | This was my second Thai AirAsia flight this year flying from Hong Kong to Chiang Mai, the prior one being from CNX to HKT in January. I paid extra for the 'Hot Seats' and had seats in Row 1 each time. These seats have plenty of legroom and weren't that much more money. I also pre-purchased meals on a couple of the flights and pre-paid for checked baggage on my flight in January. I found the FA's on all flights to very friendly and helpful as were the ground staff. The Hot Seats get you priority boarding which is good if you have carry on. The prices for drinks on board are also very reasonable. I paid $3 for a Singha beer which is a bargain considering US airlines will charge $7 for a beer. All in all I had good experiences on all my flights with them and would not hesitate to use them again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteHKG to CNX
Date FlownApril 2016

"crews efficient and friendly"

(Thailand)

I always find Thai AirAsia cabin crews to be efficient and friendly with a good service mind. The ground experience is from poor to fair. I need to use a wheelchair and there is little care given for people with mobility challenges. We were kept waiting for a wheelchair in Bangkok, staff arrived with a wheelchair that was in very poor state of repair. No wheelchair in Krabi but the distances were short enough that it was okay. The troubles at Krabi airport when there was no special desk for people who had paid for the priority service. Another passenger who was also physically challenged and I had to wait nowhere to sit until we approached the people at the desks. A wheelchair was produced and the person taking care of me was very good. When we got to the Bangkok airport after having to get on a bus that is physically challenged there was no one waiting for myself or the other passenger wheelchair. It took a significant amount of time and discussion before they came.
RouteKBV to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"this airline is a good choice"

Khon Kaen to Bangkok Don Muang. Thai AirAsia provides good quality for the money, though there are minor points of criticism. I bought their 'premium flex package', which gave me the option to choose my seat (1C), a meal - even though the flight took only 55 minutes - plus water, 20 kg luggage, and express luggage and boarding. The flight attendants were polite, but a bit too reserved to my taste. The seat was a bit too narrow, and the meal (lasagna) too bland. Boarding was fast, with a separate check in for those with a premium package, thus hardly any waiting time. My luggage came almost as first, so they were true to their promise. For short flights as mine, I think this airline is a good choice.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKKC to DMK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"product quality was good"

(Papua New Guinea)

Thai AirAsia check-in was smooth and fast at Bali Airport for flight from Bali to Bangkok. Boarding gate was changed from Gate 5 To Gate 4 and boarded with garbarata (Air Bridge). My Pre-booked meals were vegetarian fried rice and green chicken curry both with Green tea pudding and green tea cup. All pre-booked meals were provided with a 100ml mineral water. The vegetarian fried rice did not have that much taste, the green chicken curry was better but still not great, however the green tea pudding was delicious. Merchandise for sale sell on board was good and the product quality was good too. Hot seat 14C price was ODR 120.000. 4 Hour flight without inflight entertainment.
RouteDPS to BKK

"cabin crew were polite"

(Papua New Guinea)

Morning check-in with Thai AirAsia for flight from Bangkok Don Muang to Singapore via self check-in service was fast. Boarding was smooth but 30 minutes delayed compared to time listed on Boarding Pass. Pre-booked meals were chicken lasagne and Asian fried rice with chicken satay. Meals were tasty and recommended. Cabin Crew were polite and good. Toilet was clean. My seat number was 10A and it was not very comfortable, but this was a budget airline.
RouteDMK to SIN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"not doubt to fly with them again"

(Spain)

I was curious to fly Thai AirAsia and was pleasantly surprised. The crew we had on both flights were male with just one female crew member but all were polite and well presented. Run on the Ryanair model, but it has a far more professional feel about it. On the return to Bangkok some food had run out but alternatives offered. Would not doubt to fly with them again.
RouteBangkok to Krabi