Thai AirAsia

"nothing out of the ordinary occurred"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur on Thai Air Asia on 15th December 2017. I love the airport because it is small and intimate. I had an iced coffee before leaving at one of the stands outside the entrance. Great coffee. The flight was good as usual and nothing out of the ordinary occurred. I will fly Air Asia again.
RoutePattaya to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Sometimes very late"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. I have flow Thai AirAsia many time over the last 4 years of living in Thailand. Check in is easy with automation. Onboard food is good value compare to others. Advertised price look cheap. Sometimes very late, this is my biggest gripe and never apologise or explain why. When you add seat cost, baggage, food may be cheaper to fly with non budget airline.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"On time, no hassle flights"

Trip Verified | Don Mueang to Udon return with Thai AirAsia. Had previously checked in online so only had to collect my boarding pass at the machine (no checked bags) so check in took 2 minutes, another few minutes at security, then the long walk. DMK Domestic can involve a long walk to / from the gate. Boarding was reasonably well organised by aft / forward zones. There was priority boading for those who paid extra (presumably allowing them to stow their oversized cabin bags for less than the cost of the bag being checked in). Flights were on time, both full-full. Didn't bother with a meal from the fairly disinterested cabin crew and neither did most of the passengers. Check-in in Udon was the same - a couple of minutes at the machine assisted by helpful staff. Excellent price. On time, no hassle flights. What's not to like?
RouteDon Mueang to Udon Thani
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"charged me for bags"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. The customer service at desk was horrible and charged me for bags even though I wasn't charged before through same airline and it cost as much as a ticket 64 US dollars. The seats were tight and the airline was late. I would not recommend but if you take them plan on being late .
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2017

"flight was worth the money"

Verified Review | Flight departed 20mins late, arrived 15 mins late. Staff were courteous. Proper announcements were made inflight by the crew and the pilots. Had pre-ordered Veg hyderabadi biryani which was served with water and tasted nice. Wifi was available onboard which could be purchased. Overall flight was worth the money.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok DMK to Khon Kaen
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"very crammed in the seat"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok. Worst airline ever. My friend and I were traveling all over SE Asia for two weeks when I first flew AirAsia, instead of taking buses and trains all over we decided it would be best to fly since the prices weren't bad at all. Several of our flights were close to an hour late, I was very crammed in the seat, and if the people in front of you want to lay their seats in your lap the seats recline far back enough to do so. The flight attendants have no problem getting uncomfortably close in an attempt to have you turn your phone totally off.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"delays getting very bad"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I'm flying air Asia almost weekly Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok on the last flight of the day. Last few months the delays have been getting very bad. Only 30 minutes delay is considered good, I encountered however now regularly delays from 1, 2 up to 3.5 hours. Thai AirAsia is at least so kind to send an sms and email, Air Asia Malaysia let it figure it out to yourself on their flight status page (if updated) flight tracker app is your better friend however.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Staff service overshadowed the negatives"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | After having a rather bad experience with Nok Air, I came in with extremely low expectations. However, I should've set my expectations a little higher! The Check-in Queue was very long, however the check in staff were nice and orderly. After choosing to buy hot seats at Check-in, I had to pay at the ticket counter. The staff member there was fast and extremely nice. After duty free, I found out that my plane was a special livery plane (HS-ABD). Boarding was by bus, so I was able to take pictures with the plane. Boarding was was orderly, and fast. Cabin crew greeted me and all the crew said hello. After reaching my seat I noticed it had standard legroom. Disappointing as I paid an extra 350 baht and all I got was priority boarding. After take-off I purchased a buy on board meal of Chicken Rice, Nasi Lemak and Thai-style Chicken stir fry. My chicken rice was slightly bland but was worth the money. The staff very friendly when taking requests and chatting with passengers. There were english and Thai versions of the magazine (3Sixty). The plane pushed back on time, touched down 10 minutes early, and baggage delivery was prompt. To conclude, AirAsia is a great choice, maybe I just like the extras, so I will purchase them while booking the tickets. The ticket was cheap, so worth the money. Staff service overshadowed the negatives. However, the problem with the hot seats needs to be addressed. I will fly with Air Asia again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteDMK to MFM
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"an excellent inflight service"

Verified Review | Chiang Mai to Singapore via Bangkok Don Mueang on Thai AirAsia. I went on a holiday to Chiang Mai, and last minute I was desperately wanting a bonus trip in Bangkok. Then I approached the check in staff and asked her can I check in only to Bangkok, and forfeit the DMK-SIN flight and I will buy new ticket for that sector. But she told me that it's not possible unless I forfeit the entire ticket and buy a new ticket to Bangkok, I cannot check in partially to Bangkok only. Because I have the fly thru service and I need to pass immigration in Chiang Mai, not Bangkok. I was told the same by the ticket counter staff. I had no choice but return to Singapore this time and plan another Bangkok trip. I was disappointed by these, but on the bright side, everyone was nice and willing to help me even though my request could not be fulfilled. Despite all these, I still think that Thai AirAsia is providing an excellent inflight service, on both flights, the cabin crew are warmly helping every passenger, especially those people in need. The cleanliness of the cabin, including the lavatory is well maintained, AirAsia is deserved to be world's best LCC, and despite the above disappointment, I would still recommend Thai AirAsia.
RouteCNX to SIN via DMK
Date FlownDecember 2016

"warm service from cabin crew"

Verified Review | Flew on FD354 from Singapore to Bangkok Don Mueang and transit to FD3427 to Chiang Mai. The airline offers the Fly-thru service which means I do not need to collect my baggage in Bangkok despite many other LCCs require connecting passengers to do so. On both flights I was amazed by the warm service from the cabin crew. The on-board refreshments are for preorder or purchase onboard, in decent prices. I would recommend Thai AirAsia for this route.
AircraftA320 / A320NEO