TAP Portugal

"cabin crew were polite"

Verified Review | Lisbon to Luxembourg. Self check-in machines at Lisbon airport and I did not have to wait for longer time to drop-off the bag. I appreciate that all check-in counters or bag drop-off counters were open and the friendliness of check-in staff. The flight to Luxembourg was with A319R. The plane was clean and I sat on the economy class 4A with plenty of space. I can find the USB slot or electricity slot. As an economy passenger, I was entitled to carry one cabin bag and one laptop case. The cabin crew were polite, friendly and had good attitude towards the passengers. The qualities of the services match what I have paid. I recommend to fly with TAP Portugal.
AircraftA319R
RouteLisbon to Luxembourg

"awesome flight attendants"

Verified Review | Madrid to Miami via Lisbon. The flight attendants on our flight were beyond amazing. Very personable and professional, and made a long flight easy to bear. We will most definitely be using this airline in the future due to the amazing prices, cleanliness, food, entertainment, and awesome flight attendants!
RouteMadrid to Miami via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2017

"business class product does not do it"

Verified Review | Flew Berlin to Lisbon. I was not that optimistic about TAP having read so many bad reviews. But I decided to go with an open mind. Well, TAP is really disappointing in my view. The business class product does not do it. The breakfast looked ok, no problem. The problem I had was that once they had served breakfast, the staff congregated in the galley for the rest of the flight. This is a 3hr plus flight. It would not hurt to ask if (at least) any of the premium class passengers would like something else to drink for instance. Shame on you TAP.
RouteBerlin to Lisbon

"employees were rude"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Flew TAP from Lisbon to London Heathrow. Worst service I've ever experienced! First the flight was overbooked, then they offer money (a credit card) and a new flight for the next day (latter than the time on my original flight). The credit card with the money compensation didn't work: one and a half hours at the desk again to finally get my money. The next day the new flight was late. Not only late: they made us wait for twenty minutes on a bus that would bring us to the airplane. All ten employees were rude and poorly prepared!
RouteLisbon to London Heathrow

"top and flop"

Verified Review | Top and flop. From Zurich to Lisbon a very impressive service with champagne and great food. On return flight no service at all. Crew only chatting each other. They told us that a crew member was missing so they couldnt do any service!
RouteZurich to Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Good flight and good captain"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | TAP Munich to Lisbon, A320. Delay as usual. The last 10 flights that I have done with from TAP (if I am not mistaken) have been delayed, this one by almost one hour. How is it possible to have so many flights always delayed? The plane was a reconfigured one, seats were new, not that soft but modern. USB connection and Power to the devices is available, very good positive change with this upgrade on this type of plane. Crew were kind and they served the passengers well, young crew but attentive, some kind, others not so much. I was in an emergency seat with 2 empty places near me, TAP not only allows us to sit (Vitoria passengers) in these seats for free, but I am noticing more and more they don’t use the seats nearby if the flight is not full to give us more space. Well done TAP, almost like Lufthansa. This is a good improvement for the frequent flyer. Lights didn’t work (the extra lights on the 12 – A-B-C so no reading. Good flight and good captain.
RouteMunich to Lisbon

"Horrible airline"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to New York via Lisbon. Worst airline I have ever flown! Onboard is fine. People are kind. The airline is disorganized and doesn't care about the customers. If you don't buy directly from their site you have to pay for checked luggage on an international flight! So beware. I booked on Priceline and it said that my luggage was included. When I got to the ticket counter it said I had a discount ticket (even though it was the same price as a normal ticket) and got charged extra for baggage. In order to pay for the bags I was not allowed to pay online and was told to go to the counter. When I got there I was redirected after waiting in line for forty minutes! I had to navigate to another counter not nearby and pay! Then the flight got delayed and they had no solution for getting me a connecting flight in order to get to NYC in time to work! Horrible airline.
RouteAmsterdam to New York via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2017

"think twice about booking with TAP"

Verified Review | Toronto to Stuttgart via Lisbon. I suggest that people think twice about booking with TAP. My credit card was charged for a change of flight reservation and they somehow "lost my payment' and withdrew my ticket. I was instructed to provide my credit card statements proving that my credit card was debited, which I did. They still insisted that they weren't able to find my payment and I had to pay an additional $360CAD. After that, I still paid because I needed to get into Freiburg for school. When I got to the airport the desk personnel at TAP told me that the gate was changing that I needed to head in a completely different direction than what's on the ticket. I didn't think that someone at the airport would mislead me, but she did. I ended up missing my flight because i was in the wrong area and I wasn't allowed to cross over without exiting and going through security all over again. After calling TAP trying to get my some sort of resolution I was told that I would have to pay for a brand new flight because they have "no idea" what went on in Toronto and I've lost all the money associated to the flight that I missed. I'm not sure how to feel right now, I've never been so disrespected as a customer before in my life. I will never, ever book with TAP no matter how much money I'll be saving. I'm not so much angry just very hurt and displeased.
RouteToronto to Stuttgart via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2017

"less than 50% of fleet renovated"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Marseille to Rio de Janeiro via Lisbon. Excellent staff at MRS and LIS. Smooth check-in, clean aircraft, nice Portuguese meals. E190 is a strong progress on European destinations (vs F100). However TAP insists in using 16 years old A300-200 with nearly no IFE and no flat-beds, while it advertises full-flat with nice IFE. It is not acceptable as far as less than 50% of the fleet has been renovated.
AircraftE190 / A330-200
RouteMarseille to Rio de Janeiro via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2017

"advise against flying with TAP"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Paris to Lisbon. On the return business flight from Paris, no lunch or hot beverages were served, only a box with a sandwich and small drink, left in our seats when we boarded (a flight attendant did hand out a 50 euro coupon to some for a new booking in compensation but since TAP has had issues applying the coupon, entailing much wasted time). The weather was perfect but the captain made a terrifying landing, food boxes from around the plane slid down the aisle and landed in front of the cabin door as did objects such as one passenger's book etc. The flight attendants looked visibly shocked. In consequence certain baggage was damaged (including an item within my stored luggage) and there was an issue with bag delivery. No apology was made for the very bizarre landing. Complaints I made on the website or in answer to their personal surveys have not been responded to and if I attempt to make them by phone or at the Lisbon airport, the representatives reply that I must make them on the website. I have asked several times on the phone to be passed to a manager or supervisor to resolve this but my requests have all been refused, the representatives claim they have a policy not to speak to customers. My bookings on the website regularly go wrong including for the above flithg and requiring on average up to two hours to sort out by phone. The last representative I spoke to on 4 October 2017 in relation to a new online booking issue and the above coupon issue and the above flight, again refused to pass me to a supervisor despite several requests to do so and the fact that I emphasised to her that I was recording the call. After 53 minutes of phone call my new booking issue was not fully resolved and I was told I would have to wait another 48 hours to know if my most recent flight reservation had gone through or not. I recently joined Victoria miles thinking that customer service might improve but this has made no difference. I advise against flying with TAP whenever another option is available for you until a time when TAP addresses its customer service and safety issues.
RouteParis to Lisbon