TAP Portugal

"disappointed with the plane"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Ponta Delgada to Lisbon. Check in was fast but not simple, I had already paid for my cat and at the check in they did not had access to it, although it was mandatory to pay in advance. Boarding was relatively fast and simple. The crew was friendly enough and was fast on serving the snacks. The light meal was ok, nothing special. I was very disappointed with the plane, it was in good condition and clean but it was the older, dull and not as spacious or comfortable cabin. With no entertainment or wi-fi. Flight was ok and we arrived almost in time.
RoutePonta Delgada to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"service could not be worse"

Trip Verified | Belo Horizonte to Lisbon. I had to change from business class to economy due to a broken seat. After 4 months and complaining several times I did not get an answer or an response. The service could not be worse. When I contacted them via facebook they always told me that they will contact the customer service but nothing happened.
RouteBelo Horizonte to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I would fly TAP again"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Luxembourg to Funchal via Lisbon. I called the call center to ask about transfer time in Lisbon. The phone was answered very promptly in english by a polite lady, and i was told that 1hr 5 minutes was more than sufficient to change aircraft. All 4 flights left on time. The return flight from Madeira was 10 minutes late arriving due to a headwind. When I arrived in Lisbon I noticed the flight to Luxembourg was departing gate 25 and we arrived gate 24. Transfer time 1 minute. This was a big relief. Lisbon terminal 1 has a food hall with a good selection of reasonably priced outlets including MacDonald, KFC, Paul bakery, sushi style place, etc. I did not check out the duty free shops. I got some chicken pasta and a coffee for about 10 euro. I used the online check in, and recieved a link in my sms to an online boarding pass that updated the gates in real time. The online link available by sms and in google assistant..had a different gate to the PDF boarding pass..so i highly recommend to get this boarding pass. For the price I paid the service received was excellent. Yes it was hand luggage only ticket and the seats where a bit cramped but overall I would fly TAP again. Coffee, drinks and a sandwich on each of the 4 flights.
RouteLuxembourg to Funchal via Lisbon

"staff were really nice"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Lisbon. The staff were really nice, attentive, always ensuring everything was fine, but without being pushy. A true example of how service should be. Food was very good as well. I had some issues with my ticket, which got resolved by calling the support line. Although I had to call a second time to ensure everything was OK.
RouteWarsaw to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"trained to be rude and snotty"

Trip Verified | London to Lisbon. Check in staff did not tell me my flight was cancelled, simply booked me on a later flight with no warning. Did not offer meal voucher. Did not offer assistance. Did not offer phone or fax facilities. Went back later and they refused to hand over a compensation form - they lied and said they did not have to give me one. TAP dishonesty never ceases to amaze me, employees are trained to be rude and snotty.
RouteLondon to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"the worst experience I have had"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Miami via Lisbon. By far the worst experience I have had with an airline, I basically paid $90 for two seats and was never given the seats that I paid for even though I provided a receipt, my booking confirmation, and a printed boarding pass that said my seat number! The lady at the counter simply said that there was nothing she could do and we were given terrible seats far back on the plane, I obviously called customer service when I landed but it was impossible to get through to an agent, finally on my 7th try and after a 14min wait on hold someone answered (treated me very rudely) and gave me a case number. Its now been a month since the call and I have not received a call back, an email, or more importantly a refund for seats that I paid for but did not get, I have tried calling over and over but no one answers. Can an airline really get away with selling you something online and then not delivering what you paid for without even an explanation or some sort of resolution? If you can avoid flying with this company please do so.
RouteBerlin to Miami via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2017

"cabin bag measure is insane"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Madrid. I mistakenly thought that this is not a low cost airline, which it is. If faced with a choice, use one of the known low cost like easyjet. They are better. TAPs cabin bag measure is insane! My laptop bag barely fits. The forced me to check in my cabin bag which was under 3 kilos, chosen to be as small as I could find, and with which I had flown as a cabin bag in 6 flights with 4 different airlines, both in USA and In Europe. Very rude staff, they claimed it is for security.
RouteLisbon to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"This company never ceases to amaze me"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Flew TAP Portugal from Lisbon to Funchal. This company never ceases to amaze me even though I frequently have to purchase tickets with them since from where I live they are the ones with the better schedules and flight frequencies. In our booking reservation we had two passengers with the same first and last name, without any previous asking they automatically assume this was a mistake and cancelled one of the tickets without any notice. After endless conversations on the phone, one hour waiting on their phone line - where it seems they have only one employee, and I am really not kidding, I have talked to the same Brazilian attendant before - and after being charged an extra 15€ on my mobile phone, they promised to solve the problem in 24h which they did – on the last minute of the deadline - after much anxiety and totally needless worry. Curious how they still charged my credit card 3 passengers, even though they cancelled one of the tickets. On this particular route they exert some commercial monopoly and take advantage of it by overcharging passengers. Their cabin crew are frequently pretentious and elitist, with no knowledge of customer service or multitasking. Their pre and post purchasing service is nightmarish, at best. People who like to fly in this company either fly very little or never flew in other companies before. I would highly advice against even getting close to the idea of booking with them. They will lessen your faith in humanity.
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Food was really good, seats were new"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | First Leg: Vienna-Miami: Food was really good, seats were new. Second Leg: Miami-Vienna: Old plane, very old seats, some seats were defect, therefore we had a delay. Nevertheless, food was great, service was ok. I guess TAP Portugal has to update their seats before I am flying again.
RouteVienna to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2017

"The worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Accra to London via Lisbon. The worst experience ever. Do not be fooled with buying a cheaper ticket with TAP Portugal. No flight entertainment on both short and long term flights. They change travel to without informing passengers. Staff on the ground need training in customer service. Very robotic and some rude in mannerisms both Portugal and Ghana. On both journies there is only one person checking through security. Due to plane being far away from terminal and security you are bound to miss connecting flights if there is an hour apart. Ground staff appear not to be able to communicate together so the left not talking to right causing miss direction for travellers. You then get pushed from pillar to post and not given any options of your next connecting flight as stated in in their air passenger rights leaflet. Never again will I travel with them.
RouteAccra to London via Lisbon