TAP Portugal

"the staff were so angry and unhelpful"

Verified Review | We checked in online as usual and were not informed until we arrived at the airport (at 4.30 am!) that the flight was cancelled. They could have contacted us a lot earlier, as they had no crew for the plane. Apparently this happens a lot as they are like Ryanair and try to cut costs on crew. I was travelling with a young child. The airline staff sent all the passengers on the flight, to different queues in the Airport, for the best part of 4 hours, snaking round the airport. Firstly the Customer service queue: not their problem, then to a check in desk: not their problem, then another desk, where they just told us to go away, they couldn't help us until later in the day. They didn't rebook our flights and told us to come back at 11 am with the possibility of a flight the next day (after waiting for 4 hours in these queues). In addition, the Head of Customer services was angry and shouted at all the UK travellers in a most unpleasant way. Finally, after pushing them to do something, we were rebooked on a ridiculous Lufthansa flight via Frankfurt to London, where we couldn't make the 15 minute connection, changing terminals at Frankfurt and missed it! The Lufthansa staff were actually lovely and helpful, and said we shouldn't have been rebooked onto that flight, as the gap between them was less than 40 minutes. My husband ended up driving from Manchester to London (9 hour round trip) to pick us up. Just to add insult to injury, they don't respond to requests for EU compensation so they force their customers to go through the Aviation ADR in order to claim any compensation one is entitled to, AKA Ryanair. Personally, I will avoid flying with them again, especially as the staff were so angry and unhelpful, plus the complete lack of interest in any aftercare.
RouteLisbon to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2017

"airline is known for delays"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | I was flying from Budapest to Lisbon and after arriving to the airport I discovered the flight was cancelled without any prior notification, no representative from the airline to explain anything and after waiting at the airport for an hour they informed us it is rescheduled to fly after 12 hours! This airline is known for delays. Do not ever use them! the worst customer service experience ever!
RouteBudapest to Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2017

"unprofessional and clumsy"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Lisbon. Such an unprofessional and clumsy service. Boarding takes ages with TAP, due to the unorganised way to deal with the hand luggage. This flight was not an exemption and people were walking back and forth with no spaces for luggage. The departure was delayed by more than 1hr, with passengers already sitting in the plane. The communication of the captain was poor and careless, no apology. When flying, we learn that this flight does not provide food service, as we had less crew than we should have, surreal! Again, no communication from the captain. The poor stewardesses were explaining the situation row by row.
RouteBrussels to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"seat allows you to sleep"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Miami in Business. Delay 2 Hours, lost my connection - I assume that is just bad luck but I can’t get a TAP plane on time. The plane is not new but in good condition, old screens and same different functions. The chair almost goes flat, so we can sleep well vs the majority of the TAP planes. The crew was good, efficient smiling good people good service on this flight. The food was decent, good to be honest at least what I did eat (cod fish) only 2 red wines but they are decent. Space for the bags, this one as space for the luggage, we don’t need to fight in business to find a place for the luggage. A good flight, entertainment didn’t work that well and no WI-FI on board, but the most important feature is the seat allows you to sleep.
RouteLisbon to Miami
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"no seats for our tickets"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Bucharest. We bought our tickets from February, at a price that suggest us it isnt a low cost airline. We made the check-in 36 hours before, but when we were near to our presumed seats, we found that there are no seats for our tickets, so we took first available seats. Food and bewerage was something not to mention (100 ml of water). If you have any other choice, don't use TAP.
RouteLisbon to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"We will never travel with TAP again"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Our flight from Lisbon to Madrid was just as bad as our previous one from Heathrow to Lisbon. I searched in vain on their website to request assistance for my husband who has arthritis in his knees and foot. There was nowhere at the airport where this request could be made. On discovering at the boarding gate that we were to be bused to the far reaches of the airport and would be using boarding stairs I asked for help. This was refused as we were told that we should have asked for assistance when we booked. As we booked through a travel agent 6 months before and had assumed an air bridge this had not been an issue. When I explained this to a ground staff member she walked away. We were then herded onto buses and left to wait on a crowded bus in the 31 degree heat for a considerable time before even travelling to the aircraft. My husband was left to try to drag himself up the stairs while I struggled with our carry on bags. We were blessed by a member of the onboard team who took pity on us and helped us. As it was, I jarred my leg trying to negotiate the large step onto the plane with our bags and am now nursing a very sore leg. We will never travel with TAP again.
RouteLisbon to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"we could have no assistance"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Lisbon. Plane late leaving Heathrow, but captain explained. No complaints about that. When plane arrived at a remote spot at Lisbon Airport, stairs were wheeled up to the plane. There was a considerable step from the plane to the stairs. I asked for assistance for my husband who has arthritis in both knees and a foot. A stewardess told us, me having climbed back on plane up steep step, jarring a sore hip in the process, to go to front of plane where my husband could get assistance. Then one of her colleagues told us that we could have no assistance as we had not requested it when we booked in. I told her that in the absence of any notification to the contrary, flying from the capital city of one country to the capital of another, we would assume an airbridge. To be fair, staff did then assist my husband down the stairs. We are dreading our flight out of Lisbon to Madrid in 36 hours time as we do not wish to go through such a process again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Lisbon

"not even an I'm sorry"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | London to Faro via Lisbon. The flight was delayed 4 hours, that made me lose my connection. Instead of the airline paying a hotel for the night they choose to put me in the premium lounge which was full with lots of people sleeping, even in the floor. At 4:30 am they decide to kick all the people from the lounge because it was going to open and other people who pay where going to use it. The staff was making fun of the reactions of the people. It was not our fault our plane got delayed and we all lost our connection and then we had sleep on the floor. What they should give us is our money back or something if they are going to treat us like that. The food was bad but the staff on the plane was ok. I travel a lot and I understand problems happens but this is the 3rd time I lose a connection because a delayed flight. With United airlines and British airways the treatment was perfect. Here in TAP, not even an "I'm sorry".
RouteLondon to Faro via Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not have onboard service"

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Zurich, Sunday in the morning waiting for the boarding. Announcement saying that the flight will not have onboard service. 25 minutes delay. Here we are a TAP Flight; A319, chairs are modern, not that soft but they work. Service on board don’t match the announcement, no food no service, why they are warming up the food? And passing with their personal trays in front of usI don’t see any purpose on that you are a bunch of hours in a plane if there is no food, no service and they are eating (they the crew) near you (on the other side of the curtain) you can smell the food and so on … Is not a pleasant situation, TAP does this a lot, at least to me 4 or 5 times a year, they just announce a few minutes before the flight that service on-board is not available and … good luck. To be honest all this years I really never understand this TAP protocol with the service a small plane with 4 Crew people why they don’t serve the food on board. But again not all is that bad (for the first time in all this years) they are delivering a voucher, some honesty in the end of the road? A Voucher with a code for 50 Euros; well is not value is the gesture (thank you TAP) The business is the usual Business low cost TAP, no Journals, no Magazines, no Wi-Fi, just chair and in this case no service at all.
RouteLisbon to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline I have encountered"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Oslo to Lisbon. TAP is the worst airline I have ever encountered with regards to customer service. They significantly changed the departure times for both flights without notifying us. We discovered this at check in, 22 hours before the flight, and this resulted in one of the travellers having to rebook a connecting flight. TAP customer service confirmed that we had not been notified when I called them. We made a written complaint to customer service as soon as the trip was over, and waited 13 weeks before we were asked to provide more information. I have now waited another 4 weeks, and still no answer. This is unacceptable in terms of customer service.
RouteOslo to Lisbon