TAP Portugal

"ignorant and indifferent"

Trip Verified | Faro to Toronto via Lisbon. Staff wherever you go have an unmatched attitude. Ignorant and indifferent - start to finish! In every situation, they weren’t even trying but quick to give a sassy answer. Never again: avoid TAP at all costs!
RouteFaro to Toronto via Lisbon

"has unreliable service"

Trip Verified | I was flying with my girlfriend from Fes to London via Lisbon. The flight out of Fes was badly delayed, and no information was provided to any passengers or airport staff until after the scheduled take-off time, effectively preventing passengers from making any alternate arrangements or switching their flights or connections. The plane arrived after hours of delay, and flew in to Lisbon so late (on a Sunday night) that all connections had been missed. The replacement flights offered left Monday at noon, causing me to miss a day of work. I filed a complaint with the airline, which registered quickly on their system as having been received, but no progress has been made in the 140 days since the complaint was filed, and there has been no communication on when it will be reviewed. Since this incident, my girlfriend has had another flight badly delayed by TAP flying out of Dakar. In summary - the airline has unreliable service, and they provide no means for compensation. In the future, I ill be willing to pay double the price of a TAP offering in order to avoid them as a carrier.
RouteFes to London via Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2018

"customer services desk was closed"

Trip Verified | Porto to Athens via Lisbon. The original flight from Porto to Lisbon was delayed for more than 1.5 hours resulting in me missing my connecting flight to Athens. The airline automatically booked me onto a flight to Athens via Frankfurt the next morning meaning I would arrive in Athens 11.5 hours later than my scheduled arrival. This massive delay resulted in me missing my booked onward journey by bus to my final destination in Greece. Furthermore once on the ground in Lisbon the TAP customer services desk was closed (as the time was past midnight) and I could not speak to anyone so as to get booked into a hotel for the night so I had to go through security once more using my new boarding pass to speak to the lost and found department staff that got me a hotel room. In the end (by this point the time was already 02.00 in the morning and my flight to Frankfurt was at 08.30) but no other food or drinks vouchers. Once I arrived in Athens I found out that my checked piece of luggage had been lost somewhere in this journey and so had to leave the airport with no clothes or essentials so as to at least be on time for my rebooked bus journey to my holiday destination. I have filed a claim for compensation and await the airline’s response.
RoutePorto to Athens via Lisbon

"almost 3 hours delayed"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Copenhagen. Flight is almost 3 hours delayed. The notice was first sent 1 hour before departure. Extremely long waiting time in the plane before take of and after landing. Spent more than 5 hours in the plane in stead of 3,5. The worst part that the seats were very small and without an option to lean them back.
RouteLisbon to Copenhagen

"flights are delayed"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Warsaw. Flight has delay. Crew very good, Food ok, Safety very good. Tap Portugal has only 1 big minus, flights are delayed. Once I had 3 hours once 1 hour, they put us into the aircraft and then flight commander told us we have to wait 1 hour after we can fly! They gave us only water to say sorry.
AircraftA320-251N
RouteLisbon to Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2018

"try to prevent my boarding"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Marseille via Lisbon. GIG-LIS flight went smoothly, from check-in to landing. Unfortunately TAP still uses old A340s with 160 inclination seats, and poor IFE. Connection in LIS was troublesome. Gate did not offer priority boarding at all. TAP cabin baggage allowance for business classes 2x8kg, and was guaranteed between GIG and LIS. But in LIS ground staff complained that I had 2 hand luggage and try to literally prevent my boarding, arguing that it was her privilege to decide about it; even rushed after me in the stairs leading to the bus. Very weird.
AircraftA340 / E190
RouteRio de Janeiro to Marseille via Lisbon

"worse than a low cost"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Bucharest. Worst airline I’ve ever fly with, the seats configuration in the aircraft is horrible, if you’re above 1,80m height your knees will hit the seat in front of you. Food is very low quality, you cannot buy anything on board. This company is worse than a low cost company.
AircraftA319R
RouteLisbon to Bucharest
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Easily the worst service"

Trip Verified | London to Forteleza via Lisbon. Easily the worst service I have received. The T&C aren't clear enough, additional charges etc. Checking in and App experience is very poor, lots of problems and bugs. Long haul Inflight entertainment is very poor value for money. Screens are blurred, pixelated 20 years old. No charging points, no Inflight wifi. Seats are awful. I will avoid booking with TAP in the future, I would strongly recommend to look at alternatives. Poorly maintained airline and very poor value for money.
RouteLondon to Forteleza via Lisbon

"Shambles of a company"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Lisbon. Shambles of a company! Delayed for 1h without notification, explanation or apology. Lost both my bags, had to wait 2h to report it, which meant i lost any transport to the city centre so i had to take a cab which cost me 30€ late at night alone. Got my bags back only 3 days later after calling them twice. To top it all off at my return flight they cancelled it in the last moment. Shambles, horrible experience. Sent them a complaint but they do not reply. They do not care about a paying customer.
RouteManchester to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2018

"didn't fly anything worse"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Lisbon. Departure late for 2 hours, no announcements, gates changed twice. Airplane food is atrocious, impossible to eat. Food service took long time, preparation for landing started 40min before landing, we were advised not to use toilets. Currently waiting for luggage for 30min. I am a frequent traveler and didn't fly anything worse then this airline so far. Hoping for my luggage will arrive.
RouteStockholm to Lisbon