Southwest Airlines

Review by (United States) 7th July 2015

I am beyond disappointed with the delays I have experienced with Southwest Airlines lately. I have had a total of 8 flights with them in the last 6 months and not a single one has left on time. I'm not talking a 15 min delay I'm talking hours. It's not easy flying with a toddler but when you add hours of delays its just miserable. Needless to say I will be flying a different airline on my next trip.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteHouston to Denver

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

Well generally Southwest is great with its customers. However, today I have just experienced awful customer service. There were two people transferring from my connecting flight from Baltimore to Columbus. Two, would you think that they would have the luggage at an easy to reach area. Now, can't always blame the airlines for this. Lost luggage happens. However, the reason behind my lost luggage was outrageous. After landing 15 minutes early of the scheduled landing time, my flight waited for an hour on the runway. Almost missed the last connecting flight to Columbus. When announced the terminals, they also noted that Southwest is not responsible for your missed flight, if you do miss it. My flight left at 10.10, I boarded at 10. I enjoy Southwest but unfortunately my last couple of times flying with them have been miserable. The other time, I was at the airport for 10 hours waiting on their planes, because they were delayed in the schedule. Again sometimes you can't do much about it, but figure it out!
RouteBirmingham to Columbus

Review by (United States) 24th June 2015

PVD-BWI-DTW-BWI-PVD Outbound legs to Detroit uneventful and handled with Southwest efficiency. Return legs were problematic as there was a line of severe thunderstorms over Baltimore causing severe scheduling problems for one of the major hubs for Southwest. Southwest came through and got us back to Providence, albeit two hours late. The terminal monitors in Detroit kept us well informed of delays and the Southwest app (although a bit slow in updating) did also. For the people who complain about the boarding methodology of Southwest, it is a bit strange for the uninitiated, but it works and has worked successfully for many years. If you insist on assigned seating, don’t fly Southwest - simple as that. It is an airline that admittedly has its foibles, but even with that it is still an excellent product! .
RoutePVD to DTW via BWI

Review by (United States) 17th June 2015

My father was flying home to Syracuse NY afer a stay in a nursing home/rehabilitation center. His travel needs were significant as he was unable to walk and confined to a wheelchair. He was traveling with my 77 year old mother and my sister. Southwest Airlines was beyond accomodating and helpful with all of their needs. We were all very worried about managing this trip, and every employee, whether on the phone or at the airport were reassuring and kind to us!
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteTampa FL to Rochester NY

Review by (United States) 14th June 2015

The trip from the Love Field Airport to Denver was decent. Flight attendants were nice and friendly on an early morning. Denver back to Dallas was hilarious, because the flight attendants were funny and made the flight enjoyable. However, I came back with my luggage and garment bag torn up. Not a bad airline to fly, but awfully handled my belongings.
RouteDAL to DEN

Review by (United States) 14th June 2015

My friend and I flew Southwest from DAY-TPA on June 6 with a return flight June 10. The outbound aircraft was one of the old Air Tran 737s, a little frayed around the edges, but perfectly servicable. The return flight was on a newer 737-700, everything was new and bright. Both aircraft were clean, and staff was friendly, professional, and courteous. My only complaint was that the seats seemed a bit narrow and I am not a big guy. The outbound flight was on time, while the return flight was delayed three hours by a thunderstorm over the airport. This was my first time flying Southwest and I will definitely be flying them again.
Aircraft737-700
RouteDAY-TPA to TPA-DAY

Review by (United States) 13th June 2015

Flight 448, June 8th. Southwest has the most asinine check in process ever. I tried to check in online, but they refused to give me a boarding pass. Then I tried to check in at the curb and they gave me a boarding pass but wouldn't give one to my wife because she wasn't checking a bag. So we had to check in three times before we knew if we had a seat on the plane or not.

Review by (United States) 31st May 2015

5/21 flight 686 Detroit to Atlanta flight 722 Atlanta to Houston. 5/26 flight 4577 out of Houston to Atlanta flight 849 Atlanta to Detroit. Flight down went fine. Flight back different story. Had bad weather in Houston. Did not update flight schedule so we didn't have time to check our bags according to the rules. Guess that is where our mistake was. Flight was delayed 1.5 hours (missing flight attendants) but would not inform us as to how long the delay would be (so the bags stayed with my son in Houston). If we would have known what was going on we could have gone back out to my waiting son and got our checked baggage. Numerous calls same lines of "really sorry but we can't.......". Cost me $150 to ship UPS. Ran through Atlanta airport to catch our connecting flight almost missed that. Had to beg then they let us. They really couldn't tell we had a connecting flight that was late? Are you kidding me?

Review by (United States) 31st May 2015

Southwest Airlines has repeatedly let me and my family down with late-delays arriving late flights not going out at all. This has been the worst experiences of my life. The plane arrived a half hour late when we tried to take off we ended up being 11 in line to take off on the runway (which if there was a line we should be 30 mins ahead of the spot we were in). After waiting an hour on the runway we were unable to take off due to a storm that was off in the distance (not a big deal if they were on time however it was their fault for being late and getting caught in the storm). I have flown SW about 4 times now and not once have had a flight on time. Very poor quality team members I do not recommend this service to anyone trying to connect to a flight at different airport as most likely you will miss that flight.

Review by (United States) 20th May 2015

May 16 2015. What a disappointment. I have flown SW before and have been very satisfied until yesterday. I flew with my wife son his wife and two grandchildren ages 1 and 3. You could tell right off a couple of stewardess's were not happy we had kids. One was very rude acting as though it was her company. Yes inflight they started crying what are we to do not fly? We did all we could to calm "the children" down. It lasted about 1/2 an hr in all believe me it was worse on us as we tried to keep them quiet. The people behind us were making comments out loud and then when we got off the plane we find out from friends of ours in the back of the plane said how the steward's were rudely commenting about our kids. I will say that there was one stewardess older that was compassionate.