Top 100 Airlines

Southwest Airlines

"helpless and uncomfortable"

Orlando to Las Vegas with Southwest. All the services were ok but I was traveling with my wife who is almost deaf, or hearing impaired, and I always travel with her and I sit close to her to assist her with anything. The way Southwest do seating we did not find seat together and we were far awy from each other, and it was only after I claimed loudly the inconvenience that a kind passenger moved from their seat and allowed us to seat together. But the flight crew never have the courtesy to make that kind of acomodation. I felt helpless and uncomfortable with that.
RouteMCO to LAS

"open seating ridiculous"

Verified Review | Houston Hobby to Akron with Southwest Airlines. They have gotten rid of all military benefits. The open seating is ridiculous because you can't even sit with your spouse. As far as I'm concerned it's the airlines way of making people pay extra for an upgrade. Neither of the planes we were on had Wifi, inconvenient for people who have business matters. The check in counter was total chaos and it took us 20 min to get our boarding passes.
RouteHOU to CAK
Date FlownApril 2016

"experienced 2 rude flight attendants"

Verified Review | Flew Baltimore to Louisville. This was the 2nd time I flew with Southwest and I experienced 2 rude flight attendants. I was the last to board because my 2.5 year old had to go to the bathroom as people were getting in line to start boarding. Thank goodness we did not miss the flight. When we boarded (last) there were no two seats left together and an older male attendant muttered "that's what happens when you board last when you have a child with you," as he passed us by. I was greatly offended as I could not control the circumstances. Two kind gentlemen gave up their seats for us. My son fell asleep soon after take off and the window blind was jammed/broken in a half closed position with the sunlight in my son's face. There was a ripped page of one of their brochures so I tucked it under the window blind. As we were about to land, another attendant annoyingly asked, "Did you rip that? Give it to me" and took it. How rude.
RouteBWI to SDF
Date FlownApril 2016

"will reconsider future trips"

Verified Review | Another Southwest Airlines delayed flight, from Denver to Los Angeles. Total delay was 1 hour. The plane actually came back 30 minutes earlier than expected but no passenger boarding until the full hour. Not sure why passengers were not boarding when the plane arrived. First time Southwest passenger and I will reconsider future trips with this airline.
RouteDEN to LAX
Date FlownApril 2016

"every flight has been delayed"

Verified Review | I've flown 3 flights with Southwest in the last 5 days, all of them short flights. Either Los Angeles to Phoenix or to Las Vegas. Every flight has been delayed. What's the point if I can drive there faster. Airfares have been far too high for poor service. No longer customer focused. I'll drive.
RouteLAS to PHX

"no help whatsoever"

Very poor customer service, flight from Las Vegas to Fort Lauderdale was delayed 3 times, finally after 4 hours, we were given the option to fly to Orlando. Well that flight was delayed as well. Ended up in Orlando at 3am with no place to stay and unable to drive 3 hours home. Called customer service and was flat out told I was on my own, no help whatsoever. First time and last time I will fly Southwest Airlines.
RouteLAS to FLL

"prices can't be beat"

I fly from San Diego to San Antonio around 5 times per year, round trip. I always fly with Southwest. Their prices can't be beat for the quality you get. I personally like the seating setup, where you choose your seat based on a "first come, first served" basis regarding check in time. If you are traveling with young children, they do allow you to do family boarding after the small first round of people, so you can almost always find seats together. Seat room is a bit better than average, but nothing to write home about. Two free checked bags plus a carryon and personal item is unreal. Where Southwest really shines, however, is their customer service. They're funny, helpful, and always seem to be smiling. The flight attendants are especially good with kids. Overall, if you're used to high class flying, this may not be the airline for you as it lacks the preselected seating option and has only one class. But if you just want to be comfortable and have a good experience, I wouldn't choose anything but Southwest.
RouteSAN to SAT
Date FlownDecember 2015

"luggage was soaked from rain"

The one time I chose to fly with Southwest instead of Delta like I usually do, I had the worst traveling experience ever. I thought my one hour flight from Utah to Las Vegas would be easy enough, and I would have no problem getting there efficiently. Boy was I wrong Not only did they delay the flight 7 hours, but when I finally received my luggage it was soaked from rain as if they had dumped it into a river, and it ruined all my belongings. I will never fly with them again.
RouteSLC to LAS

"their seats seem wider"

Oakland to Houston via Orange County with Southwest. Don't care for the open seating but it seems to work pretty efficiently even when the computers go down. Crew were friendly but the most impressive part of the flight was the very smooth landing, both times! Not my first time flying Southwest, wish I could always fly with them. Their seats seem wider than the other airlines.
RouteOAK to IAH via SNA

"let me pick my seat"

I paid $460 for a seat on a late night flight. The overhead light was broken, leaving me in pitch black darkness. For $460 I expect an overhead light. I hate the boarding scheme, it takes time and attention on the day prior to travel to deal with the check in in a way that doesn't leave me the worst seat on the plane. I hate the competition in boarding. I am heavily pressured by staff to find a seat, but I can't even see what seats are available in order to make an informed choice. (I hardly call that a choice). I hate how people hold seats besides their own for their own purposes, so if you want that seat you have fight for it and sit next to a hostile person. Please, Southwest Airlines, let me pick my seat ahead of time.
RouteDEN to BWI