Vote Now

Southwest Airlines

"decline in customer service"

Verified Review | Portland to Austin. My complaint is the decline in Southwest Airlines customer service. I'd been a raving fan for decades about SW, now I'm done. The straw that broke the camel's back was me booking travel for my wife to meet me in DC for Spring break. I booked the ticket in January for travel March 28th. When I left four days earlier for DC neither my wife or I received her confirmation, so Saturday I call Southwest. The ticketing agent was great about helping us find my wife's confirmation, she informed me I accidently made it for the 21st not the 28th, and that they recorded it as a no-show. She said usually you forfeit the funds, but in this case purchase a replacement short notice replacement for the date you wanted, the 28th, then M-F call our customer relations team and they will allow you to use the prior dollars spent as a credit for 12 months against future travel. Well today the 28th from my tradeshow I waited over 20 minutes until the agent answered the phone, at 9:15am. She was very terse with me and said it didn't matter what the ticketing agent told me Saturday, that I did have to forfeit the few hundred dollars I spent on the prior ticket I did not use. I said even though I was instructed differently by a colleague of hers? She said yes, and that I cannot be connected to a supervisor as she is the only supervisor.
RoutePortland to Austin
Date FlownMarch 2017

"made me hate this airline"

Verified Review | Detroit to Atlanta. The entire trip was terrible. The check in people were mean and not understanding in anyway. The airplane system was terribly unorganized and everyone we had to talk to was horrible, besides one lady. We missed our first flight because the check in kiosk wasted our time. We eventually made it to Atlanta. The flight back was mainly the same story, except I ran ahead of my mother and made it to the gate. I told them we were here and that my mother was on her way. The man hadn't closed the door and started telling me he didn't want to and he had paperwork to finish before they could fly. My mother came not a minute later and the door was shut after she arrived. The entire experience has made me hate this airline and air travel in general. I would never recomend it to anyone else looking to fly.
RouteDetroit to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"proceeded to do everything possible"

Verified Review | Flew Southwest Airlines from Houston, Texas to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. This review is for the employees at the customer service desk in the boarding area. I had lost my passport and was about to board, and 4 people immediately jumped to help solve my problem. They pulled my bags off my boarding flight to Mexico immediately and made sure I was able to get my bags. They than proceeded to do everything possible to contact the airports I was previously at and talk with their lost and found to see if my passport had been found. They gave me all the information for me to obtain a new passport in Downton Houston to fly out to Mexico the next morning! Couldn't of asked for a better turn of events.
RouteHouston to Cabo San Lucas

"pilot and amazing crew"

Verified Review | This review is written for the staff, pilot and amazing crew whom flew flight 5941 from Newark to Phoenix last night. The seats were comfortable for such a long flight and the drinks, snacks, TV provided were well above all expectations. Also, they went to the most ultimate extreme by presenting my fiancee and I an entire bottle of our favorite champagne once you heard we had just gotten engaged! Thank you with all our hearts. You made the last leg of our trip the absolute best.
RouteNewark to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2017

"accustomed to priority boarding"

Verified Review | I got to my gate, my flight departure was at 845 and we didn't board until 10 min prior. The whole thing was disorganized and you couldn't hear a thing over the speakers. I'm in the military so I'm accustomed to getting called for priority boarding. I went up to the lady when we started boarding and asked her if they called military personnel up yet and she said only if I was in uniform. I've always just shown my ID and then she said ok I'll get to you in a second. She proceeded to let everyone in the first line pass by me while I stood there with my ticket while she just kept looking up at me seeing how embarrassed I was until the last person in the first line went by and then just took my ticket without a single word. I won't be flying with southwest again.
RouteOrlando to Dallas
Date FlownMarch 2017

"will be a customer from now on"

Verified Review | Flew from Minneapolis to Atlanta. Just wanted to thank the staff at Southwest Airlines. I lost my phone on a flight and it was found on Washington DC. I was in Atlanta for work and they sent it to me. Staff were very nice in tracking me down and shipping it to my hotel. This was the first time I had flown Southwest but will be a customer from now on.
RouteMinneapolis to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the usual Southwest experience"

Unverified | Austin to New Orleans. I usually stick with full service carriers, but occasionally fly Southwest on routes where they provide a nonstop routing, such as this. Traveling one way to New Orleans for a sports competition my wife was participating in. Needed to check a couple of bags, using a Kiosk. All in all check in took no more than 5 minutes, despite a busy morning at AUS. Spent time in the United Club, then went to the gate about 45 minutes prior to boarding. We fly often enough with Southwest, so we are familiar with the boarding process, which to tell the truth, if I have to fly coach, I prefer. We always pay the earlybird check in fee, we are always in group A, even though it's not guaranteed, so we always get a good choice of seats. Sitting together, had a window and aisle, row 2, as the flight was not full this morning. Fast boarding, on time departure, quick taxi and we were off. Rainy morning this morning, so take off was bumpy and drink service delayed, but once above the clouds, we were served the usual complimentary drinks and light snacks. 58 minutes later on the ground in MSY, a quick taxi and an on time arrival. Bags were off quicker than American Airlines ever does, even when priority bags are attached. Over all a good value, quick trip, on time, nice crew, comfortable, clean plane. In short the usual Southwest experience.
RouteAustin to New Orleans
Date FlownMarch 2017

"FAs provided excellent service"

Verified Review | Flight 5401, San Jose - Phoenix on Mar 4 2017 was uneventful, with on-time departure and arrival, along with the usual friendly in-flight service (one round of drinks and peanuts) by the Flight Attendants (FAs). The return flight 611, PHX – SJC on Mar 5 2017, scheduled to depart at 10.05 pm, was progressively delayed. At 5.59 pm, they moved the departure time to 10.45. At 6.31, they moved departure to 11.15. At 9.03 they changed departure to 11.45. We finally boarded, took our seats, and at 11.50 pm, right before push-back from the gate, an instrument (artificial horizon) broke. The pilot had to wait for another plane to land at PHX so mechanics could take that instrument from that plane and install it in ours. We finally departed at 12.15 am. Experiencing the delay get progressively extended, was a bit stressful, but eventually we made it to our destination, and on this flight the FAs again provided excellent service (even though I’m sure they had been as frustrated by the delay as the passengers were.
RouteSan Jose to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2017

"delivering a good product"

Unverified | Reno to Las Vegas return. I fly this route 4-5 times a year. Southwest has their act together on this easy 1 hour flight. On time departure with normal Southwest courtesy on this route. Quick boarding, quick push-back and off we went. Luggage arrived in a timely manner in Vegas. Return flight was delayed by 15 minutes, then 30 minutes due to very high winds. Understandable. The captain let us know we would have a bumpy take off and some bumpy conditions on and off during the flight. No drink service during the flight due to the weather and the flight crew did apologize for that but when the captain wants everyone seated then that is it. Anyway the flight was not as bad as we were led to think. Was windy and snowing upon landing in Reno. All in all Southwest keeps delivering a good product on this flight and the ground staff and cabin crew do a good job.
RouteReno to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2017

"unbelievable support I received"

Verified Review | Ft Myers to Baltimore Washington via Providence. I just wanted to say how incredibly thankful I am for the unbelievable support I received from Southwest Airlines. I had an accident a few weeks ago and am still recovering and had to travel with my small dog. Their team was attentive and very helpful during my entire journey. As tired as I was after the entire trip, I have nothing but great things to say for Southwest Airlines staff. They helped with with wheelchair travel and even helped pick up my pup when I was unable to lift her. The staff is A+ in my book and I just needed to let who ever may read this know how great they all were.
RouteFt Myers to Baltimore via Providence