Southwest Airlines

"Very disappointed in Southwest"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Phoenix. Very disappointed in Southwest Airlines. I fly at round trip at least once a month with Southwest and I am usually very happy with the airline overall. However, I recently had a trip scheduled to go from Phoenix to LA, LA to Denver and Denver back to Phoenix. My client in Denver had to reschedule our meeting and my admin bought a new one way ticket for me to get back to LA from Phoenix and she also bought a new round trip to go to Denver the following week. Unfortunately, she forgot to cancel one of my initial flights (Denver back to Phoenix) and it was not until I received an email notification from Southwest that I realized the flight had never been cancelled. I immediately called Southwest (was on hold for 27 minutes) and explained the situation. I was hopeful that due to my loyalty and this one time oversight, Southwest would at least issue me a credit toward another future flight. That was not the case. It was explained to me that there was nothing they could do. I think it is time for me to find a new airline. One that will be at least a "little" flexible with me when a simple mistake is made.
RouteLos Angeles to Phoenix

"I don’t recommend it"

Not Verified | Flew Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale. It was the worst flight experience I have ever been through. The staff, especially the person boarding passengers was very disrespectful. I had a handicap father I was boarding with and the man did not let me go in with him, when I was seated for group B they did not let me get seated until group C. I will never fly with this Southwest Airlines again and I don’t recommend it for those who will fly with family.
RouteAtlanta to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never taking Southwest again"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Orange County. Southwest used to be good. I would have given them 5 stars back in the days. Now they suck and are plain rude. I just had a call with customer service and the “customer service” guy literally said “ok that is all” and did not even say thank you for using Southwest or any of their usual end call thank yous. I was the one that actually said ok, have a good night. I at least have basic manners, yet I’m not the one working the customer service job. Hello? If you’re working customer service shouldnt you at least read the end call thank yous? Isn’t it your job and basic manners to say at least a thank you for choosing southwest. I'm definitely never taking Southwest again. Just plain rude.
RoutePhiladelphia to Orange County
Date FlownDecember 2016

"incredible act of kindness"

Verified Review | Seattle to Austin. The cabin crew were amazing. They were funny, polite, attentive, kind and actually seemed to enjoy their job. The pilot went above and beyond his duty after the plane landed. I was traveling alone with a baby and a 3 year old. My 3 year old fell asleep on the flight. Since I didn't have a stroller at the gate the pilot carried him all the way to baggage claim for me. What an incredible act of kindness!
RouteSeattle to Austin
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the cabin crew did not assist"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Washington. Tiffany is my daughter and the cabin crew did not assist her with her guitar and where to place this. This is my daughters first time flying and we had informed the lady at the check in and she assured me that she will be assisted. As she can tell that I was really concerned. When my daughter landed in Washington she was practically in tears because no one helped her with the guitar. She was embarrassed because a lot of people were looking at her and even the cabin crew. I am so upset that Southwest cabin crew didn't care and just stood there and looked at her.
RouteLas Vegas to Washington
Date FlownNovember 2017

"delayed and the service was awful"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Orlando. This was my first time flying with Southwest and my last! My flight was delayed by an hour and the service was awful. I did not understand the cattle call for seating and counter person didn’t explain the process well enough. On my departing flight from Las Vegas the agent at the gate was so very rude! He appeared to be upset and snapped at several people. I’m so disappointed in my flight experience with Southwest!
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2017

"brand new bag has been ruined"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Denver. Normally, I would say that I love southwest. However, this is the second time in two months my luggage has been damaged. The first time, it was replaced for 60% of the original value, I was given a garbage bag for my items and sent on my way to find new luggage. Today, 3 weeks later the new luggage I purchased was damaged (handle and wheels). Now, I can’t wheel it straight or get the handle to come up. When I brought it to the service counter I was told that Southwest does nothing for handles and wheels. Meaning, my brand new bag has been ruined and I’m stuck with nothing. Very disappointing.
RouteSan Francisco to Denver

"No reason was given"

Verified Review | Due to fly San Jose to Santa Ana. Southwest sent me an email very late last night stating that they have changed my upcoming flight by 2.5 hours. No reason was given. They also did not call me to discuss the consequences of this to me. I wrote to their customer service and they replied that previously they would call the affected customer to discuss alternatives. Now they only state that I can cancel and get a refund "If I do not like their change". I asked for early boarding on the affected flight and their reply to that was absolutely no.
RouteSan Jose to Santa Ana
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the experience was very smooth"

Verified Review | The Southwest Terminal at LAX was decorated for Cinco de Mayo and the airline staff were in a festive mood. I used full-service check-in at both LAX and DAL, and the experience was very smooth. The Southwest Airlines ground staff in L.A, San Antonio, and Dallas were very friendly and helpful while tagging the baby stroller at the boarding gate. Southwest let us board the plane early since we were traveling with little kids. The on-board experience was also good. While disembarking, Southwest staff brought the baby stroller to the Jet Bridge in a timely fashion. Southwest Airlines is the most family-friendly airline I have flown on.
RouteLos Angeles to Dallas via San Antonio
Date FlownMay 2017

" flight attendant was hilarious"

Verified Review | Orlando to Indianapolis. I have started flying a lot for work and my recent Southwest Airlines flight was the best one yet! The flight attendant was hilarious. The only reason it's not a 10 is because Southwest Airlines doesn't work well with my companies travel set up. (Most of you won't have to deal with this though). Good work Southwest airlines!!
RouteOrlando to Indianapolis