Best Cabin Crew

Southwest Airlines

"every excuse imaginable"

Arrived at Mcaron airport on day of flight. Flight was boarded then cancelled. Was put on next available flight which also was cancelled. Ended up being routed to Sacramento. Then it cost me more money to get from Sacramento to reno than the original ticket cost. Cost me $40.00 roundtrip just to pick up my bag at Reno airport. Total cost between airport food gas mileage etc around $380.00 Original ticket $222.98 . I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income. I asked for a refund of the original ticket cost. Southwest took five business days to approve the refund no thanks to there customer service center. After five days I had to call the corporate office in Dallas and was lucky enough to get someone on the phone who could at the least push my claim through to approval status. I got every every excuse imaginable from there customer service reps but the one constant was that this was there policy on refunds and I would just have to wait. They took my money immediately out of my account when I bought the ticket so why is so hard for them to put it back. Seriously the IRS processes tax returns faster than Southwest will process a customer refund. As of this posting I still have not received my refund and with a holiday weekend here I guess I'll be lucky to see it by next week. Shame on you Southwest airlines. I trusted you would have better business sense than to hold peoples money hostage. Your customer service reps are under trained and give different answers.
RouteLAS to RNO
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"wasted $13 on wifi service"

Indianapolis to Las Vegas, and flying with Southwest Airlines was one of the worst flying experiences I have had. I paid $8 to have wifi throughout the flight, but any simple google search takes about a minute to load. Netflix does not work on the wifi. After realizing this, I then spent another $5 on a movie to watch. In order to watch the movie in flight, you have to install an app to view it. I installed the app about 13 times, on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, however I was still not able to watch the movie that I bought. Overall I wasted $13 on wifi services that are expected to work. Very disappointed.
RouteIND to LAS
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"trying to get 25,000 reward miles"

Detroit to Denver. We tried booking tickets using Southwest Rapids reward card immediately after signing up. When we called Chase to sign up they said we could use card once approved but had to contact another branch of Chase to get card number to book tickets. We called Chase-2 and they could not give card number but said if we sign up online we could use the card to book Southwest tickets. We canceled phone activated application and signed up on Southwest online. Account was approved and activated by Chase but could only see the last 4 numbers of account. Security, I get it! So we contacted Chase-3 again and they said we should have had the trip in our Southwest checkout online. I check and we did have the trip in our checkout and still couldn't book the trip. What a run around! We ended up using our DELTA card to book our Southwest trip. We are planning many trips this year so were trying to get the 25,000 reward miles by spending $1000 - no problem! Southwest needs to get with Chase and get their story straight!
RouteDTW to DEN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"choose Southwest again"

We were happy to have a direct Southwest Airlines flight from Buffalo to Las Vegas. The customer service was pleasant. Another reason we would choose Sothwest again is because of the leg room. Compared to our last flight on another airline where we were totally cramped, especially with the person in front of me reclining, I was able to stretch my legs comfortably. I have a broken hip and arthritic knees but was able to sit through the whole flight. I liked the free TV and WIFI also after I was able to connect. Both flights arrived on time. The only negative is the open seating although I was able to sit next to my husband both ways. I would choose Southwest again.
RouteBUF to LAS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"get rid of this policy"

Las Vegas to Dallas with Southwest Airlines. The most frustrating and annoying feature about their flight is the first come first serve seating, so if we are traveling as a couple or group, we are able to sit together after the first half is seated. The seats are small and cramped and to have to be squeeze in between two strangers is a pain. We are never flying Southwest again until they get rid of this policy!
RouteLAS to DFW
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"genuinely happy to greet us"

Outbound: Sunday, January 24, 2016: Phoenix (PHX) to Ontario (ONT) - Flight 1975 with Southwest Airlines. Inbound: Thursday, January 28, 2016: Ontario (ONT) to Phoenix (PHX) - Flight 182. What a pleasant flying experience this was for us. Check-in agents in both PHX and ONT who seemed genuinely happy to greet us. Flight Attendants on both segments of this trip who appeared to be enjoying their work. A Captain and First Officer who made frequent and informative announcements. No delays at either end. No charge for first two bags. No waiting in line while passengers ahead of you struggled to get roll aboard into overhead bins and lots of room in these bins for hand luggage. Definitely a great airline and wonderful customer service all round. We will continue to travel with Southwest wherever possible.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePHX to ONT

"crew was very nice"

Seattle to John Wayne Orange County. I was very skeptical of the seating strategy Southwest Airlines uses but it was actually quite fast and I was able to find a good seat both directions of my trip. The crew was very nice and responsive. I checked my bag for free, there was a snack, I prefer having a screen but the wifi based TV was pretty good.
RouteSEA to SNA

"overall not satisfied"

(Israel)

Terribly organized! I have booked my tickets with Southwest Airlines from Atlanta to Las Vegas a month prior to flight with my fiance. At the check-in, we were told that my fiance's ticket was the last ticket available, we did end up getting separate seats at the boarding gate. Once boarded they have asked us to board according to our sections which is completely useless, since you can sit wherever you want. Overall not satisfied, will never fly again.
RouteATL to LAS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"happy with their service"

Perfect flight on the way from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale with Southwest Airlines. 5 hour mechanical delay on the way to Buffalo. not a lot of fun but staff did a good job in controlling situation, due to the fact the airplane did not leave until 1am and everything was closed at the airport, they put out snacks and drinks for everyone who needed something and decided to give out future travel vouchers to make up for the delay. Even though I would have preferred not having a delay, it was a nice touch on their behalf. Overall very happy with their service. Keep up the good work.
RouteBUF to FLL
Date FlownDecember 2015

"get what you pay for"

On Southwest, you get what you pay for. This time, however, I got better than I expected. The itinerary had a departure from San Juan at 5:40 am with a stop in Orlando and a transfer in Denver. The flight ultimately let us off at San Francisco at 1:00 pm, making the entire trip 13 hours. Fortunately, Southwest featured free DirecTV on an electronic device and movie rentals for $5.00 each, covering entertainment for the first two flights. The DEN-SFO leg was an older plane, so there was no entertainment option. There were no full meals, but the flight attendants had a stash of snacks and refreshments for all three flights. Seat comfort was questionable and there was only one bathroom, but that's the expectation for the airline that sells tickets $400 cheaper than any other. Ultimately, I was quite impressed by the flexibility and price of the flight, and I recommend Southwest to an budget traveler.
AircraftBoeing 737-700 / 737-300