Top 100 Airlines

Southwest Airlines

"Southwest works great for me"

Reno to Las Vegas return with Southwest Airlines. Third trip this year on this route and it is a very consistent one. Usually on time or a few minutes delay but nothing to worry about. Service is good, ground staff were excellent as we were running late and checked in about 30 minutes before take off. Reno airport is a breeze to go through so never any lines at TSA. Our bags made it on to the flight even though we got the dreaded Late Check-In tag. Quick flight to Vegas, friendly FA's, pilot communicated with us, typical beverage and peanut service, bags quick to pick up in Vegas and then the same coming back to Reno. Southwest works great for me.
RouteRNO to LAS
Date FlownMay 2016

"uncomfortable to begin with"

Orlando to Hartford. My sister and I got split up while boarding this flight. We were on extreme opposite sides of the plane. We hadn't flown in a long time so it was uncomfortable to begin with. Of course, I was not okay with this and began to complain. The flight attendant said that I needed to take a seat. So I did and I told him how unsatisfied I was with the airline. He was like well you're still going to need to take a seat. I sat down and said that I'm going to write a complaint about the airline. What if I had children, someone who had extreme anxiety, or another issue. Luckily that was not the case, but they should do something about the seating process. When we purchased the tickets it said entertainment such as tv, movies and wifi would be included. There was not one tv and the wifi did not work.
RouteMCO to BDL
Date FlownMay 2016

"last time I will fly Southwest"

Denver to Cancun with Southwest Airlines. We were a group travelling for a wedding on 1 flight. No one was able to sit together. The boarding process is ridiculous, you have the first people boarding sitting in the aisle or window seats, leaving the middle seats for the tailend of boarding. Out of 20 people in our group we were able to sit together here and there. Additionally, why allow large carry on luggage? It would make more sense to limit the carry on because that is what slows down the boarding process, not assigned seating. This is most likely the last time I will fly Southwest - there is no care or concern for families traveling together, even if I have to pay more it will be worth it to have the ability to travel with my family and friends.
RouteDEN to CUN
Date FlownApril 2016

"very unhappy Southwest customer"

Manchester–Boston to San Diego. So I purchase the "Early Bird" option five months before my scheduled flight. My daughter is on same flight and does not purchase "Early Bird" option. Southwest advertises "Early Bird" option completes your check in for you and I get my preboard A-31. So my daughter checks in 24 hours before scheduled flight and gets preboard A-30. So I pay for "Early Board" option and she boards ahead of me ? I call and was told to complete my flight then file a complaint? Think they would fix issue before wronging a loyal Southwest customer. I file complaint after completing travel and was reimbursed the payment for the "Early Bird" option but was told they will do it this time but sometimes it happens? How many others boarded ahead of me without paying the extra fee? Sounds like a scam to me! Have you seen this Southwest Commercial on television: Transfarency - We don't dream up ways to trick you into paying more. Sounds like they did and customers don't realize. Very unhappy Southwest customer.
RouteMHT to SAN

"why bother to upgrade"

Why bother to upgrade on Southwest? Flew from Providence to Tampa. On the first flight there were 17 wheelchairs that delayed the flight for over 25 minutes. We ended up more than halfway back in the plane despite the A boarding. On landing, hearing first on last off, only 3 individuals required assistance. Arriving early at the airport today I observed six people going to Baltimore in wheelchairs, 3 walked a fair distance to get coffee, afterwards one even "hobbled up" to the gate person to make sure she didn't need "real documentation". On my boarding later there was a family of 6, one about aged six, pre-boarding. I asked and was told it was a disability issue. Really? Four or five people needed for one teenager or maybe the 6/year old? As a former special needs and kindergarten teacher I get it, but as a consumer I know an abuse of the system too. I will not pay to upgrade and perhaps not fly Southwest again. I don't think the airline will change as long as this is ignored by consumers.
RoutePVD to TPA

"helpless and uncomfortable"

Orlando to Las Vegas with Southwest. All the services were ok but I was traveling with my wife who is almost deaf, or hearing impaired, and I always travel with her and I sit close to her to assist her with anything. The way Southwest do seating we did not find seat together and we were far awy from each other, and it was only after I claimed loudly the inconvenience that a kind passenger moved from their seat and allowed us to seat together. But the flight crew never have the courtesy to make that kind of acomodation. I felt helpless and uncomfortable with that.
RouteMCO to LAS

"open seating ridiculous"

Verified Review | Houston Hobby to Akron with Southwest Airlines. They have gotten rid of all military benefits. The open seating is ridiculous because you can't even sit with your spouse. As far as I'm concerned it's the airlines way of making people pay extra for an upgrade. Neither of the planes we were on had Wifi, inconvenient for people who have business matters. The check in counter was total chaos and it took us 20 min to get our boarding passes.
RouteHOU to CAK
Date FlownApril 2016

"experienced 2 rude flight attendants"

Verified Review | Flew Baltimore to Louisville. This was the 2nd time I flew with Southwest and I experienced 2 rude flight attendants. I was the last to board because my 2.5 year old had to go to the bathroom as people were getting in line to start boarding. Thank goodness we did not miss the flight. When we boarded (last) there were no two seats left together and an older male attendant muttered "that's what happens when you board last when you have a child with you," as he passed us by. I was greatly offended as I could not control the circumstances. Two kind gentlemen gave up their seats for us. My son fell asleep soon after take off and the window blind was jammed/broken in a half closed position with the sunlight in my son's face. There was a ripped page of one of their brochures so I tucked it under the window blind. As we were about to land, another attendant annoyingly asked, "Did you rip that? Give it to me" and took it. How rude.
RouteBWI to SDF
Date FlownApril 2016

"will reconsider future trips"

Verified Review | Another Southwest Airlines delayed flight, from Denver to Los Angeles. Total delay was 1 hour. The plane actually came back 30 minutes earlier than expected but no passenger boarding until the full hour. Not sure why passengers were not boarding when the plane arrived. First time Southwest passenger and I will reconsider future trips with this airline.
RouteDEN to LAX
Date FlownApril 2016

"every flight has been delayed"

Verified Review | I've flown 3 flights with Southwest in the last 5 days, all of them short flights. Either Los Angeles to Phoenix or to Las Vegas. Every flight has been delayed. What's the point if I can drive there faster. Airfares have been far too high for poor service. No longer customer focused. I'll drive.
RouteLAS to PHX