Southwest Airlines

"Avoid Southwest at all costs"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Phoenix. Terrible, awful, not enough words to describe the ridiculous boarding process. Do not fly this airline if you want to sit next to your travel mate because you will end up in a middle seat every single time. Extremely rude staff at every turn - in the terminal was the worst.Even the flight crew was rude. I fly Alaska Airlines regularly and love it! Avoid Southwest at all costs.
RouteMinneapolis to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Do not pay for early bird seating"

Trip Verified | Albany to Denver. This company rips you off with no remorse. Do not pay for early bird seating. $15 per person gets you nothing more then booking a regular economy ticket and they refuse to refund the money or give drink vouchers or anything. It is a very deciving upgrade they use to make extra money. The woman on the phone was very rude and I will never take this airline again and I dont recommend you do. This experience shows corporate greed to a tee.
RouteAlbany to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Southwest Airlines has stopped caring"

Trip Verified | Flew Las Vegas to Kansas City. Another flight at night time, another 2 plus hours delay. They just apologize like it’s no big deal, the problem is when you travel as often as I do you can see how often these flights are delayed. Especially the last one going from Vegas to Kansas City Airport. Anyone can look up this information but just in case you’re wondering, tonight’s flight is WN5915, 03/17/18. Also when the plane did arrive, it arrived at the wrong gate which led to further delays and if you were using your Southwest app as your boarding pass, you probably lost your boarding pass since the app thought the flight had already departed (you can’t make this stuff up), meaning you would need a paper boarding pass and leave your A spot! Addendum: they had a bad exit sign which meant clearing the passengers out and doing paperwork to fix it, which has led to another 20 min more delay. I wish there was an alternative carrier flying this route, Southwest Airlines has stopped caring.
RouteLas Vegas to Kansas City
Date FlownMarch 2018

"one of the best flights"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Los Angeles. The flight attendants were very kind and very helpful. They made our flight much easier and nicer with their humor and very nice attitudes. The pilot landed the plane smoothly. It was one of the best flights. Five stars flight.
RoutePhoenix to Los Angeles

"Absolutely Horrible"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Atlanta. Absolutely Horrible. Flight was cancelled for a reason that “has yet to be determined” with no notice or knowledge of flight being cancelled until I got to the terminal? No accommodations were made to get me to my destination. I was stuck on their airplane for 12 hours to get to my destination. Flight attendants were snobby. Friend also flew Southwest and met me at our destination and on his return home, his flight was delayed. Save yourself a headache and fly anywhere but Southwest.
RouteDetroit to Atlanta

"Great staff"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Detroit. Great staff. Lost glasses on flight. They helped look for them. Checked on us many times. Flight was smooth and drinks and snacks. We're right on time. I have never flown Southwest before and upset I didn't. Keep up the amazing job.
RoutePhoenix to Detroit
Date FlownMarch 2018

"blown away by the service"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Oklahoma City. The ladies at the check-in counter for Southwest Airlines in Las Vegas on the evening of 3/7/18 are incredible! Their was an issue with some baggage and I was blown away by the service they provided me in getting me to my destination with my baggage. They were polite and without a doubt went above and beyond. This is why I love Southwest Airlines! Thank you.
RouteLas Vegas to Oklahoma City
Date FlownMarch 2018

"a bad day made worse by bad attitudes"

Trip Verified | Used to be a great airline, been flying Southwest since 1989 but what a disappointment. Lied about the reason for the delay, no accommodation for rescheduling, didn’t post the new departure time once we got to Chicago. Didn’t honor the fees we paid for early boarding. Just a bad day made worse by bad attitudes. Sorry Southwest I will book elsewhere in the future
RouteChicago to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2018

"seems to be the norm now"

Trip Verified | Flew Houston to Omaha. This is my third flight in 3 months on Southwest and each time, the flight is on time during boarding and then they wait 45 min to an hour for people on connecting flights causing everyone else to be late on their arrivals. People with connecting flights miss them because someone else who is late gets to hold others up. I can see 5-10 min, but not an hour. Southwest has never held a flight for me when my flights come in late due to weather. Why are some passengers more important? I needed to get home on time tonight and that didn’t happen. This seems to be the norm now. Southwest should examine this policy and realize how many people they are inconveniencing. I had to spend the night at the airport in December. No fun!
RouteHouston to Omaha
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I will recommend all day long"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Washington DCA. After Spirit made a mistake with their app check-in, and the flight was non-refundable, I came to their counter bawling my eyes out. I had no idea what to do. I had to get to DC this morning (I have a visa appointment this afternoon) and only had so much I that could spend. The gentleman and lady behind the counter will never know what they meant to me this morning. Not only did they help me to find the soonest and cheapest flight possible, but they almost made sure it was as close to the embassy as possible. I cannot, in any way, express how appreciative I am to them. Once I compete my return flight with Spirit, I will not be flying with them again (something I have never said about an airline). Southwest, however, I will recommend all day long.
RouteAtlanta to Washington DCA