Southwest Airlines

"never taking Southwest again"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Orange County. Southwest used to be good. I would have given them 5 stars back in the days. Now they suck and are plain rude. I just had a call with customer service and the “customer service” guy literally said “ok that is all” and did not even say thank you for using Southwest or any of their usual end call thank yous. I was the one that actually said ok, have a good night. I at least have basic manners, yet I’m not the one working the customer service job. Hello? If you’re working customer service shouldnt you at least read the end call thank yous? Isn’t it your job and basic manners to say at least a thank you for choosing southwest. I'm definitely never taking Southwest again. Just plain rude.
RoutePhiladelphia to Orange County
Date FlownDecember 2016

"incredible act of kindness"

Verified Review | Seattle to Austin. The cabin crew were amazing. They were funny, polite, attentive, kind and actually seemed to enjoy their job. The pilot went above and beyond his duty after the plane landed. I was traveling alone with a baby and a 3 year old. My 3 year old fell asleep on the flight. Since I didn't have a stroller at the gate the pilot carried him all the way to baggage claim for me. What an incredible act of kindness!
RouteSeattle to Austin
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the cabin crew did not assist"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Washington. Tiffany is my daughter and the cabin crew did not assist her with her guitar and where to place this. This is my daughters first time flying and we had informed the lady at the check in and she assured me that she will be assisted. As she can tell that I was really concerned. When my daughter landed in Washington she was practically in tears because no one helped her with the guitar. She was embarrassed because a lot of people were looking at her and even the cabin crew. I am so upset that Southwest cabin crew didn't care and just stood there and looked at her.
RouteLas Vegas to Washington
Date FlownNovember 2017

"delayed and the service was awful"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Orlando. This was my first time flying with Southwest and my last! My flight was delayed by an hour and the service was awful. I did not understand the cattle call for seating and counter person didn’t explain the process well enough. On my departing flight from Las Vegas the agent at the gate was so very rude! He appeared to be upset and snapped at several people. I’m so disappointed in my flight experience with Southwest!
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2017

"brand new bag has been ruined"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Denver. Normally, I would say that I love southwest. However, this is the second time in two months my luggage has been damaged. The first time, it was replaced for 60% of the original value, I was given a garbage bag for my items and sent on my way to find new luggage. Today, 3 weeks later the new luggage I purchased was damaged (handle and wheels). Now, I can’t wheel it straight or get the handle to come up. When I brought it to the service counter I was told that Southwest does nothing for handles and wheels. Meaning, my brand new bag has been ruined and I’m stuck with nothing. Very disappointing.
RouteSan Francisco to Denver

"No reason was given"

Verified Review | Due to fly San Jose to Santa Ana. Southwest sent me an email very late last night stating that they have changed my upcoming flight by 2.5 hours. No reason was given. They also did not call me to discuss the consequences of this to me. I wrote to their customer service and they replied that previously they would call the affected customer to discuss alternatives. Now they only state that I can cancel and get a refund "If I do not like their change". I asked for early boarding on the affected flight and their reply to that was absolutely no.
RouteSan Jose to Santa Ana
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the experience was very smooth"

Verified Review | The Southwest Terminal at LAX was decorated for Cinco de Mayo and the airline staff were in a festive mood. I used full-service check-in at both LAX and DAL, and the experience was very smooth. The Southwest Airlines ground staff in L.A, San Antonio, and Dallas were very friendly and helpful while tagging the baby stroller at the boarding gate. Southwest let us board the plane early since we were traveling with little kids. The on-board experience was also good. While disembarking, Southwest staff brought the baby stroller to the Jet Bridge in a timely fashion. Southwest Airlines is the most family-friendly airline I have flown on.
RouteLos Angeles to Dallas via San Antonio
Date FlownMay 2017

" flight attendant was hilarious"

Verified Review | Orlando to Indianapolis. I have started flying a lot for work and my recent Southwest Airlines flight was the best one yet! The flight attendant was hilarious. The only reason it's not a 10 is because Southwest Airlines doesn't work well with my companies travel set up. (Most of you won't have to deal with this though). Good work Southwest airlines!!
RouteOrlando to Indianapolis
Date FlownOctober 2017

"will never fly Southwest again"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Santa Ana. I’ve been a faithful Southwest flier for years and the last 5 times I’ve flown with them something has gone wrong. First they are always delayed and never running on time. The next time I fly with them they broke my new suitcase that had been checked. Now this time they cancelled my flight and didn’t tell me until I was at the gate. Leaving me with a 3 hour lay over and I should have been in California by 10:30 and I’ve been stuck in Vegas until 11 not getting to my destination for hours after I had planned. I understand weather can be an issue. But there is no excuse when the weather is clear and people are depending on being on time. I am cancelling my Southwest visa and will never fly Southwest again. It’s not that hard to be on time
RouteLas Vegas to Santa Ana
Date FlownOctober 2017

"They refuse to reimburse"

Verified Review | Laguardia to Minneapolis via St. Louis. The first leg of our flight for unknown reasons (first they said unknown, then weather, then air traffic control issues). The flight was delayed 2 hours. We were notified 3 hours prior to original departure and immediately contacted customer service because we would miss our connecting flight home. We were told that There were no available flights to get us home from either our departure city, our connection city, or a near by airport we offered to drive to. We actually had a service agent say, "It's not my problem. What do you want me to do? I can't invent a flight for you." The next flight they could get us home on was in 2 days!! We were stranded. We had to get home for my husband's cancer treatment. After hours of frustrating conversations with "customer service", We purchased a hotel room for the evening and flights out for our family of 3 on another carrier. Have had 4 conversations with customer service vice agents via phone, a very insulting email from the airline and a frustrating Twitter exchange. The message is consistent. They refuse to reimburse, they are not responsible for missed connections due to delays, and they refuse to transfer to supervisors or give information to contact anyone higher than the call center. Horrible experience.
RouteLaguardia to Minneapolis via St. Louis