Southwest Airlines

"tonight they let me down"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Las Vegas. Southwest has always done an impeccable job and tonight they let me down. There were 60 (max) people on our flight and then back 2 bathrooms were “frozen”. I sat in the back and had to use the restroom but they kept telling me it was closed. Finally, I used it. The flight attendants understood and I apologized but they weren’t having it. This was the first time I felt like Southwest wasn’t for the customer. Which I know it’s stupid but I had to use the bathroom and they told me I couldn’t.
RoutePhoenix to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"best airline experience ever"

Trip Verified | Buffalo to Orlando. Best airline ever! Flight attendants were the friendliest and the pilots amazing! My special needs granddaughter was able to get her picture taken with the pilot. The front flight attendant had a great sense of humour and was a very caring person! I would never hesitate to recommend Southwest Airline. Honestly, best airline experience ever!
RouteBuffalo to Orlando
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Southwest is a terrible airline"

Trip Verified | From Atlanta to Las Vegas, this Southwest flight was delayed 3 hours and now, from Houston to Atlanta, another Southwest flight is going to delay approximately 2 hours. Southwest is a terrible airline.
RouteAtlanta to Las Vegas
Date FlownDecember 2017

"totally disappointed with Southwest"

Trip Verified | Rochester to Baltimore. Southwest was one hour late out of Rochester my getting to Baltimore late. We ran to the gate and and the ticket agent scanned our tickets Got a beep and the ticket agent said to go to ticket counter for new tickets ? Went to ticket counter and they gave our seats away “thinking we would be late”. The southwest ticket counter agents were very rude and said we will get you out tomorrow and you will need to sleep in the airport (meaning 14 hours) - we are both 67 years old. Their supervisor was very rude and didn't care to hear anything I had to say. They said we were on our own even after admitting they messed up. After two hours of talking back and forth they reluctantly set up hotel accommodations. My wife and I fly Southwest all the time and even have a companion pass. I am totally disappointed with Southwest and their ticket agents in Baltimore
RouteRochester to Baltimore

"Absolutely awful experience"

Trip Verified | Denver to Houston. Absolutely awful experience on Southwest. Flew 12/23 and massive snowstorm hits Denver. Roads getting to airport blocked, hundreds of people unable to reach airport late at night so I called Southwest enroute to state I would not be able to make flight and to rebook for next day. No one picked up on hold for 20 minutes so purchased a separate one way ticket for next morning so I could spend Christmas with family. Sent an email requesting them not to cancel return ticket since I would definitely still use it. On arrival the next morning was told my return ticket was cancelled since I was a “no show” for my original flight. Argued and pleaded with agents on phone and at airport to reinstate reservation and told basically “no way” and it was my fault for not cancelling the outbound flight. Explained again that I tried to call and sent an email and was told to “not be argumentative” but the very rude representative on phone. Have 1K on United and travel Southwest when schedule suits it but never again- they just don’t care.
RouteDenver to Houston

"expect additional delay"

Trip Verified | Tampa Bay to Chicago. Constant delays, on top of their estimates for delays expect additional delay time. Subpar food and snacks, tiny drinks. As far as flight attendants go these people were not as pleasant as Delta or American. The boarding process is also annoying pain.
RouteTampa Bay to Chicago

"our airline of choice"

Trip Verified | Reno to Las Vegas return. I fly this route about 3 or so times a year and have always had good service from Southwest. Reno airport is a breeze to go through. The ground staff is friendly with smiles even at 5 a.m., security is quick and then you are at the gate. Had a 6 a.m. departure time which we pushed back from the gate right at, a quick de-icing and off we were. Cabin crew cheerful, the captain gave us updates during the short hour flight. Watched a beautiful sunrise and then we were in Vegas. Only minus was how hard the pilot landed the plane in Vegas. That for sure woke everyone up. Coming home our plane was delayed 20 minutes, then 40 minutes and then finally an hour. We were updated plenty of times with apologies and the reason for the delay. It was all good and we pushed back an hour late but within 5 minutes we were up in the air. Was very windy weather so the takeoff had plenty of ups and downs with bumps and thumps but again the captain kept us informed and said once we get up in altitude all would smooth out. And it did. A quick beverage service, some peanuts and an hour later we were back in Reno. Southwest always delivers a good product and is our airline of choice when flying in the West. Also enjoyed the free wifi using the Southwest app. Not a ton of choices but good enough.
RouteReno to Las Vegas
Date FlownDecember 2017

"were so pleasant and kind"

Not Verified | Houston to St. Louis via Pensacola. I don't normally take time out to write a review but this is worth it. The flight attendants on this particular day were so pleasant and kind that I had to write a review and say thank you. Not every day people treat you this well and it always seems to be the negative things that we all focus on. Everyone wants to complain about everything, always and I have zero complaints about this flight. They were funny and very accommodating towards everyone.
RouteHouston to St. Louis via Pensacola
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Very disappointed in Southwest"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Phoenix. Very disappointed in Southwest Airlines. I fly at round trip at least once a month with Southwest and I am usually very happy with the airline overall. However, I recently had a trip scheduled to go from Phoenix to LA, LA to Denver and Denver back to Phoenix. My client in Denver had to reschedule our meeting and my admin bought a new one way ticket for me to get back to LA from Phoenix and she also bought a new round trip to go to Denver the following week. Unfortunately, she forgot to cancel one of my initial flights (Denver back to Phoenix) and it was not until I received an email notification from Southwest that I realized the flight had never been cancelled. I immediately called Southwest (was on hold for 27 minutes) and explained the situation. I was hopeful that due to my loyalty and this one time oversight, Southwest would at least issue me a credit toward another future flight. That was not the case. It was explained to me that there was nothing they could do. I think it is time for me to find a new airline. One that will be at least a "little" flexible with me when a simple mistake is made.
RouteLos Angeles to Phoenix

"I don’t recommend it"

Not Verified | Flew Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale. It was the worst flight experience I have ever been through. The staff, especially the person boarding passengers was very disrespectful. I had a handicap father I was boarding with and the man did not let me go in with him, when I was seated for group B they did not let me get seated until group C. I will never fly with this Southwest Airlines again and I don’t recommend it for those who will fly with family.
RouteAtlanta to Fort Lauderdale