Southwest Airlines

"warmly took care of us"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Chicago Midway. Yesterday (June 25th) I was on WN 637 and the airplane had some major matenainence issues. I was one of at least 20 in wheelchairs, and fortunately we were boarded on the aircraft first, while the problem was taken care of. Our flight attendant was so gracious in greeting us, and for the time of more than an hour, she warmly took care of us and that time, really "flew by". She and her crew gave us water, etc, to make each of us more comfortable and that warm and lovely smile really meant a lot to each of us. Southwest is still one of my favorites, and in so many ways your expertise has progressed, and your standards are above the other airlines. I will always remember her, as one of the best flight attendants i have had over the years.
Aircraft737
RoutePhoenix to Chicago

"terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Chicago. Second time flying with Southwest and my second bad experience. Was separated from my new wife while boarding. Booked the flights 8 months ago and checked in on the same confirmation and she was sat 43 seats behind me and the attendants would not do anything about it. Thank you for the terrible experience.
RoutePittsburgh to Chicago
Date FlownJune 2018

"Southwest refuses to do anything"

Trip Verified | Southwest Airlines has terrible customer service! For the longest time, I thought otherwise until my recent problem. I received an email in May notifying me my points were expiring July 1st. I called for details and was told I needed to book a flight with points by the 1st, but could fly after that date. After finding flights, I tried booking. I was told the prior information was incorrect and I had to fly before July 1st. It was June 21st. I called customer relations as I was making my decisions based on their employee's statements and already booked the other leg of my flight and my companion's flight. I was told the only way I could extend points is by spending money with their company or a partner company. Forgive me if I have no desire to spend money with a company that tells me incorrect information then punishes me for believing it. I requested they pull the phone call and was told the records were too old and had been erased. After 2 hours on the phone, I had no choice and had to pay to transfer points, which I didn't need, from my father's account in order to extend my expiration date. I have now been punished for a Southwest Airlines employee's error. Doesn't seem quite right if you ask me, but Southwest refuses to do anything.
RoutePittsburgh to Fort Myers

"I will avoid Southwest"

Not Verified | The first flight was ok nothing extraordinary. The trouble started when I landed in Chicago and found my connecting flight to Pittsburgh is cancelled. Southwest says it is due to weather, but other airline flights are still taking off. I do not see any thunderstorm or storm or anything. I would still have been ok if southwest had offered me overnight accommodation because of their cancellation. Right now am stranded at the airport with no flights until 8:30 am tomorrow morning, which will make me miss the 1st half of the workshop I am supposed to attend. This is pure carelessness of the Southwest Airlines not to consider the reasons someone might be traveling. They did not offer to check for tickets with another airlines, no accommodation and no earlier flights. From now on I will avoid Southwest as much as possible.
RouteSan Diego to Pittsburgh via Chicago
Date FlownJune 2018

"very accommodating for a mistake I made"

Not Verified | Philadelphia to Orlando. Started off my trip by oversleeping and missing my flight. A staff member at the check bag area was able to work his magic and get me an alternate flight at no extra charge. Southwest was very accommodating for a mistake that I made. They went out of there way to make sure my vacation was not ruined. I am so thankful for their kindness and will now only be flying Southwest in the future.
RoutePhiladelphia to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2018

"the service was excellent"

Not Verified | My girlfriend and I flew to Orlando for a weeks vacation. We decided to book with Southwest as they don’t charge to check bags. Everything was great. When we had our layover in San Antonio we didn’t even have to get off the plane. WiFi is available for $8 and the 2 vodka sodas I had were $7 each, great price considering most bars on the ground charge more money. Both flights to and from Orlando were on time and the service was excellent.
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando via San Antonio
Date FlownMay 2018

"not just a paycheck!"

Trip Verified | There are plenty of airline choices out there, but the past few times we have chosen Southwest because of the hospitality, great rates, and fabulous customer service. That was until today. We purchased 2 round trip tickets to go to a wedding. A couple days after booking our trip, we decided we wanted to stay a day longer, and that we would update our reservation. The website clearly stated that changing our flight would make the reservation non-refundable. It instructed that we should instead, cancel our reservation, then make a new reservation, in case anything happened and we needed to make another change. So, we cancelled the initial reservation, and booked a new one. After a couple weeks, we hadn't seen the refund for our initial purchase. I called customer service and they informed me, that apparently I had purchased a non-refundable ticket initially, and wouldn't be refunded the $650 I paid. I advised them of what the website said, they acknowledged that my understanding of the instructions ws correct, but only for "refundable" tickets. Nowhere did it prompt me that I was cancelling a non-refundable ticket, and it wasn't clearly stated during my purchase that these were non-refundable. The only place it was made known to me was in the confirmation email and even then, it was in black font, it was in a pale gray font at the very bottom. The customer service agent advised it wasn't refundable and couldn't help me. She transferred me to her supervisor who again stuck by the non-refundable label. it wasn't as if I cancelled altogether. I bought another reservation for $50 more! But they felt the need to hide behind their "policy" and not take care of a customer, who in good faith, and by instruction of the website, did what they understood they were supposed to do. Instead of help me, the agent continued to reiterate that Southwest doesn't have many policies, but this was one and I was out of luck. I told her this was unacceptable and that the right thing to do would be to honor a refund as I was still purchasing a product, and got caught up in a technicality. She apologized "that I felt that way" and offered me a customer service number to call instead. Southwest advertises, and prides themselves on their excellent "customer service", but this is a pure exploitation of a technicality and not at all the way a customer should be treated. Even after admitting that the website tole me to cancel, they refused to be of any real assistance and expect me to pay $650 for absolutely nothing. If this is how they keep their "low fares", by exploiting fine print and taking advantage of customers, I want no part of them. This may be the last time I fly Southwest. Damn shame, because they used to be the premier customer service experience, but true colors are showing. You may pay more at other airlines, but at least they might treat you like a customer and not just a paycheck!
RoutePhoenix, AZ to Columbus, OH via 1005 S Sabino Dr

"rude and cranky"

Trip Verified | Salt lake city to Houston via Oakland. All three flight attendants were rude and cranky. They didn't smile, were annoyed when you asked a question. Made the flight more uncomfortable than it already was.
RouteSalt lake city to Houston via Oakland

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Sacramento to Los Angeles. The worst experience ever with this airline! Other than being delayed, they change the time of flight when delayed but they don’t care that people change plans based on that. They end up flying whenever works for them without re updating! I have had a name change and had to update my account but not possible to do on the site or app. I called the customer service and was told I had to call headquarters. I called and left voicemail but they call back when it’s convenient for them and if you’re in the middle of work, that’s it! You’ve lost your chance! I went to the agent at airport and she said she Couldn’t change the account and that I have to email the headquarters. I emailed the headquarters a week ago and nothing got done about it. I ended up having to be patted down every time at the airport and due to that I get late. I fly lax-Sacramento every week and today as I was running after having been patted down to make it to my gate they called my name for the first time I heard my name being announced and while the guy was seeing me run he gave order to close doors. couldn’t change the account and that I have to email the headquarters. I emailed the headquarters a week ago and nothing was done about it. Today as I was running after being patted down to make it to my gate they called my name for the first time I heard my name being announced and while I was looking at guy at gate in disbelief and begging him to let me go in but of course he refused. Stay away from this airline if possible. They try to make up for their deficiencies by telling their stupid jokes. In reality, rude and robotic service.
RouteSacramento to Los Angeles

"Very professional"

Not Verified | Phoenix to Reno. Very professional, would recommend! I was able to change my flight information days before with no hassle. Kind and caring staff took care of my concerns. The flight was a bit delayed but that is not something that is controlled by the airline.
RoutePhoenix to Reno