Regional Express

Review by (Australia) 22nd April 2015

Flew ADL-PLO recently. Staff member at the gate was very unprofessional always on his mobile and was very dismissive of my query. Showed little interest in providing any level of customer service something as simple as boarding the 36 passengers on the flight seemed to be an inconvenience for him. On board flight attendant on the other hand was outstanding and looked after everyone on board very well even booking me a taxi inflight. Inflight service pretty good tea/coffee with snack and a Mentos for landing. The plane itself was very old being a Saab 340 I expected this but the plane has not even been modernised and the cold water tap in the toilet had been decommissioned and replaced with hand sanitiser. All up Rex operate like an airline that knows it has a monopoly on many of it's routes given the conduct of their ground staff and condition of their planes.

Review by (Australia) 4th March 2015

I had the pleasure of flying this excellent little airline from Melbourne to Albury and return recently and have to report two excellent flights. The aircraft the Saab 340 was really comfortable and ideal for the 40 minute flight. I was really delighted to be greeted by the captain and solo flight attendant at the entrance of the aircraft and on both sectors. We were served tea coffee or water and offered a savoury or sweet snack. I was also really surprised about how comfortable and spacious the seating configuration was and I look forward to flying with the airline again. Well done Regional Express.

Review by (Australia) 4th March 2015

This has become the worst airline in Australia from one of the best. I used to live in Wagga Wagga and regularly used Rex and it was fine then. Now I only use it to fly from Moruya where we have a second home to Sydney and it is always a really unpleasant experience. The check-in and gate lounge staff are really rude at Sydney (every trip it is the same) and the flight attendants are unpleasant and seem untrained. At Moruya the ground staff always seem very unprofessional. Last time (late January 2015) we had to fly to Moruya via Merimbula and were told to leave our hand-luggage on board and so I left a magazine on board. When I returned it had disappeared. I went up to speak to the flight attendant anxious whether cleaners might have removed it and taken it into the terminal and we might take off without it. She ignored me for several minutes before finding it (she had removed it - although we had booked the same seats right through of course - and the plane wasn't full so she should even have remembered us!) and returning it without a word of apology. I am hanging out for the day when another airline services Moruya and I never have to fly Rex again. We could get to Moruya from our home airport of Melbourne via Merimbula and a drive from there but instead we choose to fly to Canberra with any other airline and drive from there as we hate flying Rex so much.

Review by (Australia) 3rd March 2014

Flew Albury-Sydney return and what a great experience. Flight was delayed by about 5 mins departing Albury but assured we would land on time which we did. Service from single cabin crew was great with tea and coffee offered with a biscuit and a pack of snacks. Return was also great with pilot greeting us at the stairs and we took off pretty well on time. A bit bumpy out of Sydney which were warned about but cabin staff looked after us and landed in Albury about 5 mins ahead of schedule. Overall it was flying as it was meant to be.

Review by (Australia) 12th February 2014

SYD-LSY (Lismore)-SYD: this is a great little airline: good aircraft good service at check-in nice personnel service on-board and Lismore Airport and its terminal are a delight. I only wish REX serviced the main trunk routes in Australia as a 'boutique airline'. On-time performance and luggage arrives into the terminal before the passengers arrive.

Review by (Australia) 12th August 2013

Flew Sydney-Albury with my 18 month child great friendly service at check in gave my daughter her own seat at no extra charge since plane was not full. Pram was over weight but accepted still free of charge cabin crew were just as great gave personal demonstration of how to put a child's life vest on. Was asked to wait for everyone else to leave the plane first in Albury before us and the flight attendant assisted us off with our carry on right through to the terminal. Would definitely fly with Rex again.

Review by (Australia) 4th March 2013

Albury-Sydney return in 2 days. Great service on the ground and in the air. Albury is a small regional airport so no lining up to check in and all done with a polite smile. Boarding very organised and I had paid extra ($4.00) for an exit row seat. One flight attendant who did a great job explaining what that meant. Took off right on time and landed in Sydney a few minutes late due bad weather. In flight we were offered tea or coffee and a snack and also water. Return trip was also great with the same seat (6 A) and the service was excellent. Landed 20 mins ahead of schedule and bags delivered at about the same time it took to walk to the terminal. Overall a great airline which serves many areas of regional Australia.

Review by (Australia) 19th December 2012

Merimbula to Sydney. This was my first trip with this airline and overall the experience was a positive one. Check in at Merimbula was efficient and polite. Boarding was on time and the hostess for our trip was extremely charming smiling and chatting to passengers throughout the flight. Once in Sydney we were quickly bussed to the terminal and there was a very short wait for bags. Also found their fares quite reasonable if you book far enough ahead.

Review by (Australia) 15th July 2012

When the flights work its a good service but 8 trips and 1 that is on time is not uncommon experience to orange residents. Constantly late constantly diverting to Bathurst constantly "caught by surprise" with busses and planes not working. Take my tip hire a car or catch the train/bus its quicker (6 out of 8 times I would have got there before the plane) and much cheaper.

Review by (Australia) 27th January 2012

Sydney to Albury. The fare was cheaper than some rivals on the route. Everything worked like clockwork from check-in to arrival. Check-in easy and friendly. Bussed out to the plane in a timely and orderly manner. Cabin comfort was quite reasonable given the size of the aircraft (Saab 340). The flight attendant gave personal and friendly service throughout the flight offering seconds of tea/coffee. The flight crew gave periodic updates including the fact that we were arriving 15 minutes early - amazing for such a short flight. The flight attendant personally checking with every passenger during the flight to ascertain if anyone wanted them to book ahead for a taxi and the offering of sweets prior to landing were charming touches. I'd happily fly Rex again.