Regional Express

"offer my profound thanks"

Verified Review | I would like to offer my profound thanks to all Rex ground staff and our flight attendant for making my day of retirement so overwhelming. I have been travelling to Whyalla to work as a diagnostic sonographer for many years and I travelled back to Adelaide from Whyalla for the last time two weeks ago. The Sunday prior, on my arrival in Whyalla, Gavin met me at the airport and gave me the most exquisite gift of some miniature origami pieces he had made himself, a gift that moved me to tears. On the following Friday, on my departure for Adelaide, most of the Rex ground staff were there to farewell me with hugs and a very moving card. When I boarded the plane, Claudio indicated my seat which was festooned with a farewell sign and a bottle of wine! After giving his safety briefing, Claudio announced to the passengers that I was retiring and when he came with drink/snack service, I was presented with my own special cake! These wonderful people have looked after me for so many years and I consider myself so lucky to have known them.
AircraftSaab
RouteWhyalla to Adelaide
Date FlownJuly 2017

23rd August 2017 : Regional Express response

Dear Bronwyn Tidswell, Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We pride ourselves in having an efficient air service and are pleased to hear when the Rex Team go that extra mile. I have forwarded your kind words to the relevant departments for Gavin, Claudio and all the staff involved to be recognised. Thank you for your support and we wish you all the best in your retirement and we look forward on welcoming you onboard the next time you travel with us.

"delayed nearly 3 hours"

Verified Review | Regional Express flight from Albury to Sydney delayed nearly 3 hours. We were notified 45 mins before planned departure however not the reason. If this was a mechanical delay then it's reasonable to expect that if it is fixed early we can board early so we continued to the airport. However on arrival, we find it is a 'crew rest' delay so there is a fixed time delay which passengers should be notified about so that they don't have to wait in the airport while the crew sleeps.
RouteAlbury to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2017

21st August 2017 : Regional Express response

Dear Jarred Hutchinson, Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologise to you for any inconvenience arising from the delay to your flight. We appreciate that it would be very frustrating regardless of your reason of travel. While we strive for a high degree of reliability and have the lowest cancellation rate of any regional Australian airline, we are at times unable to avoid flight disruptions. Thank you for your support thus far. We hope to welcome you onboard a Rex flight again and that next time you travel with Rex our hospitality is able to reflect the airline’s emphasis on reliability and excellence in customer service. Kind Regards, The Rex Team

Regional Express customer review

Flew ADL-PLO recently. Staff member at the gate was very unprofessional always on his mobile and was very dismissive of my query. Showed little interest in providing any level of customer service something as simple as boarding the 36 passengers on the flight seemed to be an inconvenience for him. On board flight attendant on the other hand was outstanding and looked after everyone on board very well even booking me a taxi inflight. Inflight service pretty good tea/coffee with snack and a Mentos for landing. The plane itself was very old being a Saab 340 I expected this but the plane has not even been modernised and the cold water tap in the toilet had been decommissioned and replaced with hand sanitiser. All up Rex operate like an airline that knows it has a monopoly on many of it's routes given the conduct of their ground staff and condition of their planes.

Regional Express customer review

I had the pleasure of flying this excellent little airline from Melbourne to Albury and return recently and have to report two excellent flights. The aircraft the Saab 340 was really comfortable and ideal for the 40 minute flight. I was really delighted to be greeted by the captain and solo flight attendant at the entrance of the aircraft and on both sectors. We were served tea coffee or water and offered a savoury or sweet snack. I was also really surprised about how comfortable and spacious the seating configuration was and I look forward to flying with the airline again. Well done Regional Express.

Regional Express customer review

This has become the worst airline in Australia from one of the best. I used to live in Wagga Wagga and regularly used Rex and it was fine then. Now I only use it to fly from Moruya where we have a second home to Sydney and it is always a really unpleasant experience. The check-in and gate lounge staff are really rude at Sydney (every trip it is the same) and the flight attendants are unpleasant and seem untrained. At Moruya the ground staff always seem very unprofessional. Last time (late January 2015) we had to fly to Moruya via Merimbula and were told to leave our hand-luggage on board and so I left a magazine on board. When I returned it had disappeared. I went up to speak to the flight attendant anxious whether cleaners might have removed it and taken it into the terminal and we might take off without it. She ignored me for several minutes before finding it (she had removed it - although we had booked the same seats right through of course - and the plane wasn't full so she should even have remembered us!) and returning it without a word of apology. I am hanging out for the day when another airline services Moruya and I never have to fly Rex again. We could get to Moruya from our home airport of Melbourne via Merimbula and a drive from there but instead we choose to fly to Canberra with any other airline and drive from there as we hate flying Rex so much.

Regional Express customer review

Flew Albury-Sydney return and what a great experience. Flight was delayed by about 5 mins departing Albury but assured we would land on time which we did. Service from single cabin crew was great with tea and coffee offered with a biscuit and a pack of snacks. Return was also great with pilot greeting us at the stairs and we took off pretty well on time. A bit bumpy out of Sydney which were warned about but cabin staff looked after us and landed in Albury about 5 mins ahead of schedule. Overall it was flying as it was meant to be.

Regional Express customer review

SYD-LSY (Lismore)-SYD: this is a great little airline: good aircraft good service at check-in nice personnel service on-board and Lismore Airport and its terminal are a delight. I only wish REX serviced the main trunk routes in Australia as a 'boutique airline'. On-time performance and luggage arrives into the terminal before the passengers arrive.

Regional Express customer review

Flew Sydney-Albury with my 18 month child great friendly service at check in gave my daughter her own seat at no extra charge since plane was not full. Pram was over weight but accepted still free of charge cabin crew were just as great gave personal demonstration of how to put a child's life vest on. Was asked to wait for everyone else to leave the plane first in Albury before us and the flight attendant assisted us off with our carry on right through to the terminal. Would definitely fly with Rex again.

Regional Express customer review

Albury-Sydney return in 2 days. Great service on the ground and in the air. Albury is a small regional airport so no lining up to check in and all done with a polite smile. Boarding very organised and I had paid extra ($4.00) for an exit row seat. One flight attendant who did a great job explaining what that meant. Took off right on time and landed in Sydney a few minutes late due bad weather. In flight we were offered tea or coffee and a snack and also water. Return trip was also great with the same seat (6 A) and the service was excellent. Landed 20 mins ahead of schedule and bags delivered at about the same time it took to walk to the terminal. Overall a great airline which serves many areas of regional Australia.

Regional Express customer review

Merimbula to Sydney. This was my first trip with this airline and overall the experience was a positive one. Check in at Merimbula was efficient and polite. Boarding was on time and the hostess for our trip was extremely charming smiling and chatting to passengers throughout the flight. Once in Sydney we were quickly bussed to the terminal and there was a very short wait for bags. Also found their fares quite reasonable if you book far enough ahead.