Qatar Airways

"most unfortunate and irresponsible"

(Nigeria)

Verified Review | Lagos to Washington via Doha. We had boarded yesterday 24th September 2017 in Lagos and was about to take off at about 11am when the pilot announced that there was a technical fault in one of the engines. We were disembarked from the plane and waited without any word from the airline until around 5pm when we were taken to the hotel. We are still in the hotel, no word from the airline and this is the following day. It most unfortunate and irresponsible. No word of apology, no update, no effort been made.
RouteLagos to Washington via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"calm, professional and helpful"

Verified Review | Doha to Perth. After just arriving from London, the plane was late which meant a very quick turnover for the start of what I thought would be a gruelling 11hr flight to Perth only to be made more so pleasant by the kindness and professional services of a cabin staff. The plane was full and people were understandably restless, including myself. Staff remained calm, professional and helpful throughout the long duration of the flight which put my mind at ease knowing i was in good hands.
RouteDoha to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Both planes left on time"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to London via Doha. Three of us were travelling under two bookings and the online facility was not allowing me to sit with two of my family. Luckily at check-in this was rectified so we were provided with 2 blocks of 3 seats for both legs. The flight was amended out of KUL so we missed the A350 and were changed to QR15 which was 2 hours later into LHR. Both planes left on time. Toilets were clean although water was not draining from the sink hole. Food was good - I had potatoes gratin with random white fish served with the usual roll and some trimmings. The sandwich on serving 2 is not a sandwich but a dough slice. Wine volume has been reduced ( I fly Qatar 2/3 times per year ) and I was given 85 ml on my first serving and 100ml on my second serving. Qatar normally provides 187mm bottles and on a 7 hour leg you always get 3 if you ask. IFE screen was only partially responsive; headset had a loose connection resulting in sporadic audio connection. Seat 18 J was broken so my family was split up. The USB connection did not work so I could not easily charge my phone. The seatbelt sign was on for over 3 hours of leg one so the coffee didn't materialize until I requested it. Both sectors seem to consist of 2 services of 2 hours each and from 3 to 5 hours into both flights the crew were in the galley, no additional drinks. Not the usual standard Qatar. Connecting at Hamad easy.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteKuala Lumpur to London via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"cabin service was great"

(Macau)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Bucharest via Doha. I was excited to be flying on an A380 for the first time and to be flying Qatar Airways. The counter at BKK told me that the only bag I had, a carry-on that weighed just 10kg, should be checked in. I was very disappointed. All throughout the flight I was worried that if my luggage didn't come with me what I would wear. The flight was very smooth. The cabin service was great. Food was excellent. Flight was on time. On the down side, the wifi hardly worked. The seats were uncomfortable. I say small because with the hype of travelling in luxury on 380 I expected more. Or maybe my expectation was too high.
RouteBangkok to Bucharest via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | Johannesburg to Montreal via Doha with Qatar Airways. Arrived at the check-in counter only to find it not open despite it being 3 hours before the departure time. Following check-in which offered no hint of a problem, I proceeded to the lounge first and then the gate close to the scheduled departure time. At 30 minutes to departure there was no aircraft and no sign of ground agents which was the first sign of a pending problem. After the agents showed up and at around the scheduled departure time, the electronic boards showed a gate change but the gate agents could not confirm it. Eventually, all passengers made their way to the new gate where we were told the plane had a technical issue but it was almost resolved meaning we would board shortly. As minutes ticked away, this story changed multiple times and finally at midnight the station manager showed up to tell all of us that the flight was cancelled. What unfolded after can only be described as pandemonium with 200+ passengers many of which had already missed their connecting flights from Doha demanding answers from the ground agents who seemed to be unable to provide straight answers. All passengers were bussed to nearby hotels and many of us are getting to our destination 24 hours later than planned. Everyone who travels by air knows that hiccups happen from time to time but what differentiates the good service providers from the rest is how they handle these situations.
RouteJohannesburg to Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"fabulous service from Qatar Airways"

Verified Review | Munich to Doha onboard a shiny, new A350. What a fabulous airplane, and fabulous service from Qatar Airways. Seat was confortable for economy, cabin seemed really nice colours and pleasant. The food was okay, nothing special but no different to Lufthansa quality, and enough for this flight. Cabin staff from different nationalities and they were smiling, polite and efficient from start to finish of flight. I have used Emirates before, but after this first trip with Qatar Airways I believe they are much superior to Emirates. Looking forward to my flight to Bangkok in 24 hours.
RouteMunich to Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"such an excellent performance"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Hyderabad via Doha. I am a 70+ old lady with walking disability and was travelling alone from USA to India. Qatar Airways service was excellent and stayed at the airport during my break of journey. The service was excellent and a model for other airport hotels and airlines. This service is a great business model for old people travelling between India and USA. Special Thanks to Qatar Airways staff of QR 728 for calming me down and professionally accommodating me and understanding our situation. Kudos to the whole team for such an excellent performance.
RoutePhiladelphia to Hyderabad via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"hooked on Qatar's hospitality"

Verified Review | Manchester to Singapore via Doha. A fantastic introduction to business class. I've always travelled to Singapore with Singapore Airlines, economy usually, but the jump to business was steep, almost £1,000 more than Qatar at the time I booked - now I'm hooked on Qatar's hospitality. The seat was so comfortable, whichever setting I had it on, I wanted the flight to continue even after landing. The food was delicious, and presented beautifully. Drinks and refreshments were constantly offered. Entertainment via a 17" screen was a joy to watch, especially with the noise reducing headphones I'd highly recommend Qatar, especially their business class product.
RouteManchester to Singapore via Doha

"Such a pleasant flight"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Dallas Fort Worth to Kuala Lumpur via Doha. Such a pleasant flight with Qatar Airways. I have sat in multiple business class flights but this was one of my most pleasant long-haul flights. I believe my satisfaction has to do with the superior flight attendants for both the flights. Not only were they attentive, they were fast in their service and always with a smile. What's more, they were even considerate enough to ask when we would like our meals to be served. I would like to particularly thank one cabin staff who served me on flight from Doha to Kuala Lumpur with her gentle voice and pleasant smile. She made me feel right at home upon stepping into the aircraft with her exceptional service. I would also like to note that the take-off and landing both times were flawless. Thumbs up to the captain. The Godiva chocolate is a nice touch. Without a doubt, I would choose to fly with Qatar again. Can't wait to experience their QSuites. Things that they may improve: - Food: vegetables looked and tasted over cooked. I also had the chicken gnocchi, they were mushy and soft.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Kuala Lumpur via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"they are a very good choice"

(Oman)

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Muscat via Doha. I used to fly British Airways 3 or 4 times a year between Muscat and Edinburgh but considering the visible decline in both aircraft quality and service now being offered by BA I decided to try Qatar Airways. The difference is night & day! From booking to boarding there is nothing that is too much trouble for Qatar Airways staff. Onboard you will find spotless aircraft, in my case the fabulous A350 between Muscat and Doha and the equally pleasant 787-8 Doha to Edinburgh. You will also experience a crew that are not only efficient but also value you as a passenger. Although I was travelling in Business class both the Muscat - Doha and Doha - Muscat sectors are ticketed in First which allowed me access to the First Class lounge at Doha airport. This far exceeds the lounges offered by BA in both Edinburgh and T5 Heathrow. Both aircraft provided comfortable seating and decent IFE in the "Oryx One" system. Food and beverage service is excellent with Qatar offering an "eat on request" service which eliminates the requirement of a food cart. Meals are served individually on white linen with proper cutlery and tableware. There was an excellent choice of refreshments to accompany meals and additional snacks and refreshments can be requested throughout the flight. I recognize that Qatar Airways are not the cheapest option but in a "value for money" comparison with other available carriers I feel they are a very good choice. I will be booking this years Christmas escape with Qatar Airways. Truly a 5 star airline.
Aircraft350 & 787
RouteEdinburgh to Muscat via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2017

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results