Qatar Airways

"staff did all the handling very well"

Trip Verified | The Qatar Airways flight from Doha to Kathmandu was pretty busy but the staff did all the handling very well, from check in to gate check and inflight as well. The flight departed long after midnight and arrived early in Kathmandu. QR served breakfast which was reasonable but not really needed as many people still slept.
RouteDoha to Kathmandu
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"staff were very respectful and advising"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Travelled 21 & 22 Jan 2018 with Qatar Airways from Ho Chi Minh via Doha to Entebbe and Kigali. Reliable airline, punctual flights, world class service, good drinks, poor food with no diversity, small portions, clean, newer aircrafts. Good lounge in Doha with slumber rooms. Luggage transferred with high precision. Terrible bus-gating in Doha: have to walk inside the airport for almost 2 km, for them just to board by taking a bus drive for another 3 km: why don’t they then bus people from the central area and drive all 5 km instead of letting everybody walk 2 km first? Elite status respected: staff were very respectful and advising. Very expensive ticket, double price as compared to competing carriers on this route (like ET and KQ). Due to the Arab ban on Qatar, a huge deroute from DOH to East Africa was undertaken to avoid flying over Saudi-Arabia. It consumes 2 hours extra travel. Another 2 hours was added for an un-announced stop in Entebbe. Altogether the flight became a full day flight while it should have been ½ day flight. Will change carrier next time but accepted this price to retain flyer status at their FFP. Lousy and expensive WiFi offered on-board with lots of patronising registration and information requirements. Charity collection “Educate a Child” is widely announced, intrusive and useless: they still claim to help 58 million uneducated children as they also did 5 years ago. So obviously no progress, have the collections gone into the drain?
RouteHo Chi Minh to Kigali via Doha, Entebbe
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"they are pretty comfortable"

Trip Verified | Munich to Doha. The flight is currently done by a new LATAM airplane which I assume is leased by Qatar Airways. The cabin crew and the entertainment system however is Qatar Airways. I’ve experienced a very friendly staff at the check in as well as within the cabin. Even with the regular seats they are pretty comfortable.
RouteMunich to Doha

"Excellent flight"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Doha. Excellent flight, the aircraft had the new business class product of Qatar for the A330. The service was simply amazing, personal and with a smile. The seat was great - very comfortable and long enough when the bed was flat. A lot of room and places to store stuff. Food was nice on this flight from Athens.
AircraftA330-300
RouteAthens to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Overall, highly recommended!"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Kuala Lumpur via Doha. The usually flawless service on board. Food quality ex Doha isn’t as good as ex Berlin or KUL. Seats and environment on all flights ok, but not as good as on A350 I’ve used on recent trips. Lounge in KUL was outstanding with great a la carte Service. When I returned to Berlin, I realized that my brand new Rimowa suitcase got badly damaged. I reported the damage and received a brand new one without questions asked 2 weeks later. I had similar issues with other carriers, but received just a inferior brand as a replacement. Overall, highly recommended!
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 787-8
RouteBerlin to Kuala Lumpur via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2017

"thank the cabin staff"

Trip Verified | I would like to thank Qatar Airways, for their wonderful service, from Dulles Airport Washington DC to Doha, I was travelling with my elderly mother, we were very well taken are during the flight, I would like to thank the cabin staff for their help and cooperation. Great job Qatar Airways. I'm so happy.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteWashington to Doha
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew are superb and helpful"

Trip Verified | Maputo to Doha. Service is always good with online check-in to beat the queues in many airports. A little more expensive than other airlines in the region, but they fly point to point rather than hubs and transfers, which I prefer. Online services good as is their loyalty programme, although you need to progress to the next tier first before you get anything. Generous baggage and seating space on aircraft is good, although the aisle is narrow and passengers not looking where they are going can easily hit other seated passengers with their bags. Cabin crew are superb and helpful, and if you get them a box of chocolates for the journey they are genuinely pleasantly pleased. The food is normally good as is the choice of beverages on offer. The entertainment system has some good movies, but often has problems working properly. Customer services is absolutely awful, with many queries not answered or the staff point you to the webpage information where you said you didn't understand what was on the page.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMaputo to Doha
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"impossible as the plane was full"

Trip Verified | I used Qatar Airways for the fourth time late in 2016, on the route Zurich – Bangkok – Zurich, in economy class. On previous flights, I had twice tried to sign on to Qatar's frequent flyer programme, but somehow this did not work out. I had wanted to deposit my need for an aisle seat, as I have a back injury which requires me to get up frequently. On the flight from Doha to Bangkok I was assigned a seat with which there was something wrong. I requested that I be allowed to change the seat, explaining that I might get problems, but was told that this was impossible as the plane was full. In Bangkok, I had to request another passenger to lift my luggage off the belt at the airport. I needed to leave Bangkok eight days earlier than booked. The ticket I had bought stated that I would be charged 173 Swiss francs for any change of reservation, but when I tried to make the change online, the cost was given as 355 Swiss francs. I called the Qatar office in Bangkok. They confirmed that this was a mistake, "probably a software problem“, and then proceeded to charge me 202 Swiss francs. I was told that I was charged more because my change of reservation had to made manually. To me, this is not five star.
RouteBangkok to Zurich via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2017

"are absolutely fabulous"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Bangkok via Doha. Qatar Airways are absolutely fabulous! I'm so glad that i discovered this airline. Noticeably better than other airlines i have flown with. Booking process is the best it could be. Ground service is very efficient and courteous. Boeing 787 and A380 have comfortable seating (more so on the A380) and the onboard food i always enjoy. Crew are polite and friendly. I hope they remain in a price range that i can afford so that i can continue to fly this airline on my annual two holidays.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / A380-900
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"there is no foot rest"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Geneva via Doha and Marrakesh to Melbourne on return. Despite good ground service in Geneva and Marrakesh, service was shocking in Qatar. Despite arriving into Qatar from Melbourne with an hour to spare we were not able to board the flight due to their systems. Continued confusion at the airport (after queuing for 20 minutes) meant we were told 3 times we would make the flight, only to be told in the end that we could not. They did re-route us via Geneva and London to Edinburgh, but then there was not enough time for the required connection (this was always going to be impossible). So again we had to re-route, this time via a different London flight and on to Aberdeen instead. Our 22 hour journey ended up being through 5 airports, 42 hours long and we didn't manage to have time for one lounge due to all the continued queuing and waiting. As a shorty (5ft 1) the headrests are badly designed. They push my head forward uncomfortably as they don't go low enough. At least the staff got me extra blankets to sit on, which really did help my neck a lot but was not the comfiest for my bum. There is no foot rest, again a problem for me being short. I tried to use my own Bose headphones with a 2 pin adapter as I do on most flights but with only 4 volume settings and the volume down to its lowest it was unbearably loud. I asked for a headset and got through 4 headsets, not one worked properly. One ear only would work on 3 pairs and with the other it was a robotic sound and I could not hear properly. I ended up using my own headphones but only half on my ears. My handset flashed the entire journey which was very offputting. They tried to re-set it 3 times, but it did not help. For one of the legs I was in an exit row and the handsets are next to your hip which meant I kept pressing the buttons without meaning to, interrupting my movie by randomly selecting a game for example. Food and drink I cannot fault - probably the best airline food I've had in economy. Cabin staff service: was much better than ground staff, very amicable and helpful.
RouteMelbourne to Geneva via Doha

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results