Qatar Airways

"it feels a bit crowded"

Trip Verified | Flew from Doha to Manila. I would like to begin this review by saying that Qatar offers a superior product and an outstanding service in economy. The B777-300 is a real workhorse however in economy it feels a bit crowded, to be fair the flight was at capacity and having my first flight be on the A350 it was noticeable how much more crowded the 777 felt. The seat has plenty of legroom, the amenities, the food, the entertainment, and the service, are the best that I have experienced in economy on any airline. Overall Qatar has become my favorite airline because of their modern fleet, their amenities in economy, but overall their superior service.
RouteDoha to Manila
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the service is outstanding"

Trip Verified | I would like to begin this review by agreeing that Qatar by far is the best airline I have ever flown. The experience on board in economy was the best I have ever had. In this review I have also attached some photos because there is not too much information about economy and you need to know that if you’re considering flying this airline please do so because you will not regret it. The seats are comfortable, the food is very good, the entertainment is also very good but the service is outstanding. The seats in coach have plenty of legroom and this aircraft with the interior LED lighting system, the larger than standard windows, and the quiet engines made this 10 hour flight from Philadelphia to Doha very comfortable. The only thing I must point out is that unfortunately the check in at the Philadelphia airport is not done by Qatar personnel instead by a company that does check in for multiple airlines therefore the experience is not so pleasant, in my opinion this is not fair for the airline because it makes the job of the crew on board more difficult. I will do a separate review about the airport in Doha with detailed information. I have to say that the A350 is probably the best aircraft in the market and Qatar by far the best airline in service, comfort, safety, and value for the money paid. My favorite feature of the A350 has to be the external camera views. Qatar is simply changing the way we fly and I’ll fly with them as often as I can and you should to.
RoutePhiladelphia to Doha
Date FlownDecember 2017

"enjoyed the quality of service"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Muscat to Kochi via Doha. I had a very pleasant flight throughout. Cabin Crews were there with a smile and attention to serve.The amenity kit only has socks, eye shade, and a lip balm, tooth brush and paste were stocked in the impecably cleaned toilet. I enjoyed the quality of service without any glitch or gripe! Looking forward to take my return flight to Muscat at the end of December this year and will post my review.
AircraftBoeing 7777-300ER / A330
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMuscat to Kochi via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"allowed to move to a better seat"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City. Smooth transit in Bangkok, flight on time. They use airbridges and one just walk into (and off) the aircraft directly. QR Lounge in BKK has not yet opened after 6 months delay. Boarding smooth, greeted and allowed to move to a better seat. Food poor, a kind of coated hot sandwich offered. Upon complaining, they found an excellent, additional sandwich as alternative (Hindu-meal: salmon sandwich), which was good. Wine and drinks offered, only one brand of each – it used to be at least two of each. A new annoying charity collection on education has started and is announced for Minutes. Miles instated instantly.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2017

"extraordinary service and food"

Trip Verified | Flew Venice to Bangkok via Doha with Qatar Airways. As usual extraordinary service and food. On second leg the purser did not came by to greet by name, a flow in service level, the rest very very good! The seat on the A380 are very good a 1-2-1 configuration with plenty of privacy. The A330-200 was reconfigured with the new 2-2-2 configuration, which lacks a bit foot space in laying flat position (only first row has generous foot space). But nevertheless a decent product.
AircraftA330-200, A380
RouteVenice to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2017

"if I will ever be reimbursed"

Trip Verified | My flight from Sydney to Doha (connecting to Munich) got cancelled due to technical issues after we were sitting in the airplane at the gate for 3 hours. I had to stand in line for another 3 hours to get a hotel for the night. Airport staff took my contact details and I was promised to get informed by the airline about the new departure time. As the airport staff ran out of taxi vouchers, we had to pay for our own taxi to the hotel and were promised to be payed back the next day. I was never informed by any Qatar staff about my new departure time. As the airplane was still broken the next day they had to rebook us on different flights. I had to spend 2,5 hours on the phone to a call centre agent in India who rebooked me on a different routing. At the airport I was not able to claim my taxi money back. After arriving with 20 hour delay in Munich I went to the Qatar Airways office to claim my taxi money back and was given a sheet of paper with an email address where I should write my claim to. I wrote my claim and never got an answer or any money back. After calling the Call centre again, I was told this time that the email address was wrong. So who knows if I will ever be reimbursed. Not even speaking about any other compensation.
RouteSydney to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2017

"was a pleasant flight for us"

Trip Verified | Doha to Perth. It was a pleasant flight for us with this airline. Departure and arrival were on time. The food was above average and drinks were distributed in sufficient quantities. The seat distances corresponded to the international standard. Unfortunately, the airline has probably grown too fast. This is evident in the service of the on-board staff. Some appear, especially with the Asian flight attendants, uneffective and a better instruction or training would be desirable.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDoha to Perth
Date FlownOctober 2017

"would definitely recommend them"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London via Doha. Amazing service and helpful staff, very comfortable and I felt very safe for my first flight by myself. I would definitely recommend them to anyone travelling long distance as the entertaiment is great and the food is plentiful and tasty (particularly the dinners) there was a good variety.
RouteBangkok to London via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2017

"modern and clean impression"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Doha. We had to think about this flight because of the long flight time. Fortunately, in this aircraft slightly wider seats installed and the seat spacing was also increased. The onboard catering was very good and drinks were always distributed by the cabin staff. The plane made a modern and clean impression. As on another long-haul flight, the crew sometimes seemed overwhelmed and uncoordinated .
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteAuckland to Doha

"very mixed experience"

Trip Verified | Paris to Perth via Doha. We had a very mixed experience with Qatar Airways. The outward journey to Perth was excellent - the seating is very comfortable (better on the A380 than the 777), food was great, and there's a good range of entertainment. Changing planes in Doha was easy although a small issue was that the business class lounge doesn't have enough showers to meet the demand, and we had to wait quite a long time. However, our return journey from Sydney on 19 November was a disaster. We were on the cancelled flight that another passenger has posted about, and I can confirm that Qatar's handling of the situation was chaotic. Once finally off the plane, despite being almost at the front of the queue, we had to wait two hours before we got sent to a hotel. We were told we would be called or emailed with details of a new flight, but we weren't, and all through the next morning it was impossible to get through to their call centre in Australia, and all of the others seemed to be closed. Around lunchtime, another passenger I spoke to advised me to check under manage booking on the website; when I did, to my surprise I found I had been booked on a flight via Beijing in less than an hour, and never told. By the time we got to check in, we'd missed that. There were no Qatar staff at the airport, but eventually we did get through to a call centre, and finally got rerouted on Qantas to London. Qatar has made no effort to contact us since - I'd hope they'd at least refund what we spent on phone calls. I understand technical problems can happen, but an airline needs some sort of contingency plan, and a global 24/7 airline really needs a 24/7 call centre.
AircraftA380 and 777
RouteParis to Perth via Doha

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results