Pegasus Airlines

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Flew ORY-SAW-BEY in November 2012. I was a little nervous about flying with Pegasus after reading all the negative comments here but booked with them because they were cheaper than their nearest competitor. Boarding for my first flight started late but somehow they managed to leave Orly on time. I paid 22 euros extra to upgrade to a first row seat and was very pleased to find out this was a next generation 737-800 with LCD TV screens displaying the flight map etc. Flight attendants polite and efficient. The plane looked brand new and clean. Didn't sample the food but prices were reasonable with a wide selection. Same goes for my second flight to Beirut. Left late but arrived bang on time. Really enjoyed flying with Pegasus and since 20kg hold luggage was included in the price it was exactly like flying a normal airline. Would fly again!

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Before flight no information that no drink and meal will be served. Flight from Stuttgart to Istanbul: Inflight no German speaking steward. On time. On return flight airplane was not clean found some food on my table. This time a German speaking steward onboard and flight on time.

(Denmark)

AYT to CPH via SAW. I flew with PGS 3 times over the last year and not once did things really go well. Once the flight out of HAM was delayed by 8 hours (no drinks or food - in fact no one to complain to as the airline does not have an office there). Once the plane broke down en route from AYT to HAM - after a bit of circling we were diverted to SAW. This time we were late as usual - technical problems at AYT. What really upset me was the airport staff at their counters - rude arrogant and unhelpful. Planes are new prices slightly lower than TK.

(Turkey)

Flight from Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen Airport) to Ankara (Esenboga Airport) on 30 Sep 2012. A brand new 737-800 with Boeing Sky Interior large windows bigger LED TVs. Cabin was so clean. Seats were comfortable enough (I mean for a low-cost airline). The flight was ok. Prices are acceptable on the board. The fare was very cheap compared to Turkish Airlines. I recommend if you have a domestic flight from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport.

(Turkey)

Flight from Ankara (Esenboga Airport) to Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen Airport) on 28 Sep 2012. An old 737-400. Cabin was clean. Seats were ok for a low-cost airline. Prices are acceptable onboard. The fare was also very cheap. 20 minute delay was ok.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

ORY-TBS-ORY via Istanbul. Pegasus is low cost and it is very good value for money. You have 20kg of luggage free the seat is allocated at check-in desk and the food is for purchase. Planes were new Boeing 737-800 next generation with nice sky interior food was very good (cost is modest) and staff very helpful. Seats are narrow. The service of Lufthansa Turkish and British Airways is much better but the cost offered by Pegasus is attractive. I would recommend this airline for flights to Tbilisi since the company has much better service in comparison with LOT Polish Czech airlines or Ukraine International. I would encourage Pegasus to introduce the online check-in.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

For a budget airline it is fine. Flew Istanbul airport to Ankara and return on time flights short flight times and good value for money £30 return includes 15kg case.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

On checking in at Ercan we found that our reserved seats had been allocated to other passengers. The ground staff then changed their story and told us the seats were only reserved to Istanbul. This was obvious nonsense as we had through tickets to Stansted. I have written twice to Pegasus to demand an explanation and even perhaps a refund of our £34. The first time I received no reply the second time elicited a response that they were dealing with the matter. This was more than 3 weeks ago since when I have heard nothing. They should realise they do not have a monopoly on the Stansted-Ercan route.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Persuaded to travel Pegasus Airlines to Ercan North Cyprus. There was to be a 40 minute stopover at Istanbul which turned out to be 2 1/4 hours. We paid extra for our seats as my wife is disabled and requires an aisle seat and pre-board pre-board apparently means half way through normal boarding! When we eventually got on board we found a Turkish man sitting in my wife's seat and he would not move when my wife said to the flight attendant that he could stay there if he paid her the £30 she had paid for the seat he practically ran to another seat. All the luggage on the plane was offloaded at Istanbul it was then supposedly sorted into two groups one group for those leaving the plane and one for those passengers flying on to Ercan and then the additional luggage of the passengers joining the plane at Istanbul for Ercan. All very well in theory but I am reliably informed that luggage very often goes astray. Coming home was even worse no representative at Ercan 1 1/2 Hours queuing at check in no seats for waiting no disabled assistance. Never again will we fly Pegasus or go through Ercan. Larnaca with a 45 min transfer is for us flying with Atlas Monarch Thomas Cook or any airline other than Pegasus.

Pegasus Airlines customer review

Flight from Dalaman to Aberdeen. Check in took over two hours which was ridiculous. One of our travelling party was aged 91 and was left with 10 minutes to get from check in desks to plane as a result. Tried to say we were late checking in despite being in queue as check-in process started. Did however arrange for wheelchair after some confusion to assist. Pilot then made very last minute decision to abort landing at Aberdeen due to poor visibility. Fair enough to protect passengers but why did every other plane land just before and after ours? Landed in Glasgow and left on plane for over an hour with baggage first being removed from plane and then put back on while we were told they were contacting Istanbul for a weather forecast to see if we could fly back to Aberdeen. Woman with young child on plane asked for water for the child and was told they would see what they could do but a cost would be involved.