Pegasus Airlines

"seats are extremely uncomfortable"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Copenhagen via Istanbul. Cabin crew rude, seats are extremely uncomfortable they do not recline, space is very tight, passengers were very noisy. They don't provide meals except for extra fees payable when booking, the snacks for sale during flight were very expensive, no screen or any kind of entertainment. The allowed luggage weight less than other airlines.
RouteBahrain to Copenhagen via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2018

"Got no assistance from anyone"

Trip Verified | Was due to take return leg of this flight from Ankara to Amman at 2pm. Flight was delayed. Then at 4.30 the plane was towed away. Then at 5pm there was a general hubbub around the gate desk. Apparently the flight was cancelled. Nobody from ground services spoke English. I had planned to make a connecting flight in Amman. Got no assistance from anyone. Had to rebook flights to my final destination to attend important meetings. This cost me about €1000. Pegasus disclaim all responsibility. Although the Amman routing is convenient for me I will never use this airline again for any purpose. Cabin crew were not especially friendly and the plane on the first leg was dirty. The toilet especially was filthy. Ashamed that this airline had some Irish investment. Pegasus Airlines is by a long way the worst airline experience I have ever had. I typically fly 100 hours plus all year and often with budget airlines. This one is in a class of its own though. Awful experience.
RouteAmman to Ankara
Date FlownDecember 2017

"not recommend to anyone"

Trip Verified | Tehran to Stansted via Istanbul. This airline is ok but seat are small not reclining Which make you very tired. Food is not free. The people who working inside plane are nice. Not any entertainment, not even tv even in to show where is the flight gone so far. I will not recommend to anyone.
RouteTehran to Stansted via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"laptop backpacks were too big"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Berlin to İstanbul. Horrible airline =with zero importance to customer happiness. Super narrow seating, very small space underneath the seat to fit your bag, no place to hang your coat or the option to change the angle of the seating back. The hostesses don’t even stop to listen to you unless you are paying for something. The check-in staff said our laptop backpacks were too big and we can’t enter the flight unless we pay extra 20 euros to check in our cabin bags as luggage. We had to wait at the check-in queue although we were already checked in as there was no other queue. Then the staff confirmed we could pay with a credit card, 30 minutes left for the flight and sent our luggage off. Then she sent us all the way to the other side of the terminal to pay with the card and come back to the check-in gate. She should have informed us of this before casually sending us off less then half an hour to the flight. The tickets are cheap with Pegasus Airlines, but traveling is hell. Budget airlines do charge you for extra stuff, but Pegasus is ripping you off.
RouteBerlin to İstanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"cancelled an hour before"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Samara to Istambul. The departure was cancelled an hour before departure though even the front desk has been defined. Any compensation. Only a refund for the ticket or exchange for flight which had to take place allegedly in 2 days. Awful company, budgetary, planes same. I think that it is better to overpay 10-20% and to fly other companies, it will be more reliable and more pleasant.
RouteSamara to Istambul

"my bag was too heavy"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Istanbul. The flight was delayed on departure for no apparent reason, no update online. When I went to board the plane, they wouldn't let me board the plane with my bag since it was too heavy. Made me pay 50 euros to take it as luggage, even though the cost was 15 euro online when i checked in. I said if I don't get my luggage back i'll take them to court. The staff said that I'm threatening her and threatening to call security. I told her to call whoever she wants, she told me to get on the plane.
RouteTel Aviv to Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2017

"service was awfully rude"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Antalya to Ankara with Pegasus Airlines which was a nightmare. Just before boarding time the flight got delayed with one hour. Then when one hour had passed, it got delayed another 3 hours. There was no explanation on why it got delayed and I had another flight from Ankara airport to Dubai airport which I probably wouldn't be able to make since the flight kept being delayed. I tried to talk with the staff from Pegasus airlines and tried explain them that I had a connected flight in Ankara airport and there was a big possibility I wouldn't make that flight since I would have less than 30 min. to board to the other airplane when landing now that it had been delayed. Since the staff didn't care and weren't helpful at all, I tried to call the Pegasus airlines customer service that had poor english and promised me someone from Pegasus airlines would help me with making my other flight when I land in Ankara airport. After 5 hours delay we finally boarded. When I landed in Ankara airport, nobody came to help me at the airport even though I got told so.. with less than 30 min I didn't make it to my connected flight. I tried call customer service of Pegasus Airlines and explained them that because of the delay I didn't make my connected flight. Basically they said it wasn't their problem since its normal that there is delay and they are not responsible for I didn't make the other flight even though the flight was 5 hours delayed. They couldn't understand why they should be responsible for I didn't make my connected flight which was shocking for me since they promised me they would help me making it and that there would be enough time to board to the connected flight when I land etc. I will never fly with Pegasus again and I will never recommend it. Their customer service was awfully rude and they lied and didn't want to take any responsibility. In the end I had to pay myself for a new ticket and wait days in Ankara to finally be able to fly to Dubai and I will not be able to reach home to celebrate Christmas with my family...
RouteAntalya to Ankara
Date FlownDecember 2017

"compensation for delayed baggage"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Istanbul. The flight was busy, and there was not enough spaces in the overhead lockers for me to put the cabin baggage (although the staff at the gate let me through with it), so one of the stewards took the suitcase and told me I could pick it up at the airport. However, he never gave her the baggage tag for it - only made a note of the seat and attached the details to the handle of the suitcase. Upon arrival at Sabiha Gokcen in Istanbul, I couldn't find the suitcase. The lost and found at the airport didn't open the case / report since there was no baggage tag available, so I spent nearly the whole week between airport and Pegasus in the search of my bag. Only after threatening with police investigation, Pegasus agreed to look for it and found it and sent the bag back to London a week later! I am still chasing them for their response to my request for compensation for delayed baggage!
RouteStansted to Istanbul

"no inflight entertainment"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul Sabiha Gokçen to London supposed to depart at 9.30am. The pilot announced 10 minutes delay due to disembarking of the luggages of no show passengers. However the wait exceeded an hour with no further announcement. They did not offer free water and crew stayed in the crew area. I understand that Pegasus is a low cost carrier and they sell everything in flight. But in this situation the crew did not even offer to sell water let alone offering free drinks. If you have a choice do not fly with this airline to anywhere taking more than an hour. As there is no inflight entertainment except reading the Pegasus magazine.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Istanbul return with Pegasus Airlines Worst flight ever, seats are too small not comfortable. Aircraft are old. No screens. Flight duration is 4 hrs 30 minutes. And they broke my luggage in Istanbul to Dubai flight. I will never fly with them again.
RouteIstanbul to Dubai