China Southern Airlines

"served in an efficient manner"

(China)

Trip Verified | Zhengzhou to Guangzhou. Ground service was lacking, behind the counter staff lacked patience and smiles, I saw a few staff gathering and chatting which delayed my check-in process. Boarding was smooth and efficient. After entering the cabin, the flight attendants asked if passengers need help carrying their suitcases to the overhead compartment. It was a short flight of 1h50m but they served food and drink in an efficient manner. One complaint I have is that they wouldn't serve a second round of beverage unless you ask. And one tiny cup of water is definitely not enough for the flight. I understand that they're saving budget, but one more round of beverage would be great. There were always a couple flight attendants working in the cabin: collecting trash, using iPad to renew passengers information, giving out newspapers and blankets, etc.
RouteZhengzhou to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2018

"ground staff was efficient"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Amsterdam. The ground staff was efficient and I checked in smoothly. The take off and landing are exactly on time. The crew made me feel very comfortable during the journey. The seat room is a little bit narrow maybe because I am a big guy. Luckily I had a free seat beside me which gave me more space. The food was fine and the smell of bread was really appealing. A lot of new movies and programs were provided on the monitor. Even WiFi was offered onboard.
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam

"enjoyed our flight"

Trip Verified | Dalian to Beijing. We are very satisfied with the service provided by China Southern Airline. My parents are in late 70's which my dad needs to sit in the wheelchair with special car for his entire flight journey. The staff in Dalian were very professional helping my parents from check in till boarding the flight. Our boarding procedure needed to go through the Aviation ladder from outside of the plan, but nothing complicated - there were 3 staff helped me to carry my dad successfully boarding on to the flight. I appreciate their help. Regarding to the food, we felt it is too simple and could get better by selecting a suitable dish for a short flight journey rather than a less tasty Hotdog, Burger, or Sandwich roll? We enjoyed our flight journey and will recommend to our family and friends.
RouteDalian to Beijing

"Very pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Wuhan to London. Very pleasant flight, although there could have been more in the way of in flight entertainment (especially new release movies). Food was excellent, especially the rice plus meat/fish option and deserts. I liked that the bread was warm. My only criticism would be that the wine could have been served in larger cups. I was impressed that the crew spoke good English.
RouteWuhan to London

"been my no.1 choice"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Jinan via Guangzhou. China Southern Airlines has been my no.1 choice when flying to China/Europe/Japan. During this particular trip, we found ground staff super helpful accommodating families like us with a young child. For example, they took care of pram really well, providing detailed information on where we can retrieve it at the destination and they also provided guidance on booking a transit hotel.
RouteSydney to Jinan via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2018

"Check-in was quick"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Shanghai. The Boeing 787-9 is comfortable, I flew with this aircraft on a return flight to Shanghai. Good to see China Southern finally have internet service on board and the connection is easy and stable. The ground service in Guangzhou is nice and helpful. Check-in was quick in the new terminal and the staff up in the air are also friendly and groomed.
RouteGuangzhou to Shanghai

"seat was comfortable"

(China)

Trip Verified | Harbin to Melbourne via Guangzhou. I'm satisfied with the experience this time. The plane took off on time and landed earlier than estimated. The crew members were friendly and effective and the services as a whole were great. The food was just okay, not so attractive. The wifi worked really well, but only for some chat apps. The seat was comfortable, good for sleeping. The luggage arrived late, I waited for around an hour to get mine. Overall it was a delightful trip.
RouteHarbin to Melbourne via Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Staff was very attentive"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Melbourne. The traffic to the airport was extremely bad and it was a busy day at the airport as well. However, luckily the ground staff was efficient and it only took me less than 30 mins to check in and get to the boarding gate. When we boarded the plane, the crew members greeted us and offered us iced tea and iced coffee. The food was good with a lot of options. The service was great. Staff was very attentive. One thing can be improved is the wine selection. They only have two types of red wines.
RouteGuangzhou to Melbourne

"ground staff very nice"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Seoul. We checked-in very smooth and the ground staff very nice, the lady who helped us choose a couple seats by the window. It is inconvenient for us to take a shuttle bus to board because the aircraft is parked at an outer-bay. The staff made me feel very comfortable during the journey. The flight didn’t offer the independent entertainment equipment and WIFI is not available, the food in-flight does not taste good as well.
RouteGuangzhou to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2018

"food tasted just so-so"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Zhengzhou. It rained so heavily early in the morning that I was really worried that my flight might be cancelled. Luckily it wasn't. The ground staff was efficient and I checked in with one piece of luggage within just a minute. We boarded the plane without bridge, and the weather did not look good. After a long time of getting onto the plane, finally I could take a break. The seat room was a bit narrow though I wasn't a big guy. And the food served tasted just so-so.
RouteGuangzhou to Zhengzhou
Date FlownJune 2018

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review