Vote Airport

China Southern Airlines

"a very pleasant journey"

(China)

Flew Moscow to Guangzhou via Wuhan with China Southern Airlines on February 2016. Business class was quite empty, which made it possible for me to sleep well during the flight. Boarding quick and well-organized. Seats comfortable, flat-bed with generous space. Staff professional, patient and helpful. Foods and beverage sufficient, above average level. Even WUH-CAN (less than 1.5h) provided hot meals. The lounge at Wuhan Airport need to be improved. Overall a very pleasant journey.
RouteSVO to CAN via WUH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I would fly China Southern again"

Los Angeles to Melbourne via Guangzhou, and I was quite pleased with China Southern Airlines. The cost was well below other major carriers but the service and comfort did not suffer. Cabins were comfortable and modern, staff were courteous and spoke English when asked. Legroom was very good on the A380 and decent on the A330. Pillows, blankets, and headphones were provided free, which is better than many US carriers. Meals were good with at least two hot meals per flight and a choice of Asian or Western entrees. Beer and wine were available for free in Economy Class alongside the usual beverages. The seatback entertainment selection was large and varied. Although our layover in China was shorter, the airline offers free hotels for waits of more than 8hrs. Ground staff is on hand at the Chinese hubs to assist with transfers between flights. Our checked luggage transferred flawlessly between all legs including domestic US connections. The only minor annoyance was that Delta told us their boarding passes would work for China Southern, but we had to get new ones printed at the gate. I would fly with China Southern again.
RouteLAX to MEL via CAN

China Southern Airlines customer review

(China)

I took a flight from Guangzhou to Changchun on January 21st with China Southern Airlines. The flight attendant was very kind and professional, gave me a hot towel and some hot tea. The flight was very smooth and comfortable. After having a nice dinner and a nap, we got there. On arrival, a VIP shuttle bus.
RouteCAN to CGQ
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"cut above Air Canada"

China Southern business class from Vancouver to Singapore via Guangzhou return, and we were pleasantly surprised by the Boeing 787 (first time) and the generous space in business and comfortable seats. If you are tall you may fine the bed short but okay for my 5'10. We booked directly with CZ (possibly a mistake) and needed to rebook - a middle name was omitted which did concern us - impossible to correct without penalty but we were reassured that middle names are not required on this route. Communication with the airline can be a challenge at times. Our return flight was delayed so we missed our connection and had to stay overnight in Guangzhou, where they looked after us well. Cabin staff obliging and English generally fine. Meals quite acceptable - there is a limited choice of wines, white or red - and the bar service is slow - indeed needed to ask. Did not use the entertainment systems. I consider China Southern a cut above Air Canada, certainly when compared to AC newer planes.
RouteSIN to YVR via CAN

"a good experience"

(China)

Los Angeles to Guangzhou with China Southern Airlines on 30th January was a good experience. Cabin service was nice and quick and crew were very friendly and helpful. They served water and snack many times during the night time. The Entertainment system offered varied options.
RouteLAX to CAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"overall I was satisfied"

(China)

It was the first time for me to choose China Southern Airlines from Paris to Guangzhou on 25th Jan 2016, economy class. Overall it was quite a nice flight experience. The ground staff was friendly, but the delay of the shuttle bus was quite disappointing. Fortunately, the inflight service is impressive. Crews were friendly and helpful and I was satisfied when I found my monitor of the inflight entertainment system was not working and crew reallocated me to another seat immediately. The Chinese food was better than Air France, which I used to fly, of course as a a Chinese airline it should be better in Chinese food. The entertainment system should introduce more updated blockbusters to the system. Since all it had was some firms from quite a while ago. Other than that, there’s not much can be criticized in terms of the service itself. Overall I was satisfied with this journey.
AircraftA330-200
RouteCDG to CAN

"are nice and helpful"

Los Angeles to Guangzhou, and for the past three years I'd been increasingly flying China Southern, partly because of the prices and offers (majority of those flights were personal) in comparison with other airlines, and it offered direct link between London and Guangzhou when I was living in London before moving to Los Angeles. I used to fly quite a bit of domestic flights with them but they didn't impress much. I would still be picky about their food and beverage choices as some were far from authentic or delicious, and a poor selection of wines. Most staff did their job but some seemed over enthusiastic and this sometimes can be a bit annoyed. In general they are nice and helpful. In this price I couldn't have asked more but without those offers and say if I need to pay the full price I would say they have a way to go.
RouteLAX to CAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"would fly China Southern again"

(China)

China Southern Airlines CZ3504 from Shanghai to Guangzhou on 29th January. During the Chinese New Year the airport is just crowded with so many people, the line at the security check is so long that I was close to miss my flight. If you're travelling in China during this period of time you definitely need to get to the airport a lot earlier than usual. But then when I get onboard everything got better, the stewardess offered me a cup of water and towel, and as I was almost the last one to board all the overhead luggage bins are full, so a male flight attendant helped me to put my suitcase in the closet. Bad time to travel for sure, but it was a nice experience, would fly with China Southern again.
RouteSHA to CAN

"boarding was slow"

(Malaysia)

Fuzhou to Guangzhou on China Southern CZ3650. My initial flight CZ3878 was canceled but thanks to the early information from the airline before heading to Fuzhou, and my flight was changed to the next day without extra charges. The boarding was slow due to some passengers wish to bring their oversize hand luggage on board but refused by ground crew. The seat pitch and seat width was poor, the good thing is the headrest. Cabin crew were quite helpful but they could be more efficient. Meals available in this short flight, the taste wasn't too bad but the refreshments weren't acceptable. The overhead screens were small and low resolution and I couldn't see the English subtitles of the safety demonstration some of the time. Headsets were not distributed and e audio output was poor.
RouteFOC to CAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"ground service nice and helpful"

(Hong Kong)

China Southern Airlines from Shenzhen to Hefei, the ground service of Shenzhen counter was nice and helpful. I was stuck in Shenzhen by traffic jam, not fun at all since I only got 10 mins left before baggage check-in close. I ask ground service for emergency service, airline staff finally save my trip. Later I found the flight was delayed 40 mins due to bad weather - should be normal in China. Food on the plane as bad, recommend they change their chef, all other things was fine and nothing goes wrong. The trip was fine since the price was cheaper than when I fly from Hong Kong.
RouteSZX to HFE