China Southern Airlines

Review by (New Zealand) 2nd July 2015

We left NZ on 23rd May and flew to Paris and then from Amsterdam to Guangzhou, then on June 29th flew from Guangzhou to Auckland. The first 3 flights we wetre in the rear business class cabin which we found very noisy and uncomfortable. However on our last flight we were seated in the forward business class cabin which was excellent as it was quiet and comfortable. The crew servicing this cabin were the best we experienced on the 4 flights we had.
RouteGuanghzou to Auckland

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Exceptional service. Aircraft was 2 hours late taking off which meant we missed our connection to Dubai. China Southern staff helpful at Sydney and in Guangzhou getting us on another flight and making our time in the airport comfortable.
RouteSydney to Dubai via Guangzhou

Review by (Australia) 28th June 2015

I travelled to Perth on 25th June by China Southern Airlines, and excellent service from the cabin staff. The choice of food was entertainment was very good and although it is a long journey the staff were polite.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteGuangzhou to Perth

Review by (China) 27th June 2015

I regularly travel China Southern Economy class from Paris to Guangzhou and also internal flights in China. I am one of their Pearl Club Members (Sky Team). Their web site is rubbish and you cannot use all the points. I am an Elite Member but you cannot use the points for any flights and you cannot do it online. You have to ring China and that takes forever because no one answers the phone even then they will not book the flight for you.
RouteParis to Guangzhou

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th June 2015

Near riot in economy class when wine ran out. This was as Air France share flight and was full of French people returning home. Only the first few passengers in economy got any wine with their food because it turns out only eight bottles of wine were allocated to the whole economy section. Well done China Southern, about a hundred pasangers who will never fly with you again, all for the sake of a few bottle of cheap wine, give the penny pinching manager a star.
RouteShanghai to Paris

Review by (New Zealand) 25th June 2015

The meals were excellent, food was top class and served quickly and efficiently. Because our stopover was for 8+ hours in Guangzhou we were escorted through customs to a hotel room by staff and given instructions on how to return in 5 hours time. Our second part of the flight we were upgraded to the first class which we were extremely impressed with the staff they who were credit to their company. They ensured we were comfortable at all times, meals were chef quality and were served with skill.
AircraftA330-200
RouteParis to Auckland via CAN

Review by (United States) 23rd June 2015

My flight was cancelled in Guangzhou after a delay one night. I had a 12 hour layover that turned into a 26 hour layover. I was not given my suitcase but taken to a hotel far away that was very disturbing. I was not even allowed my own room, and had to pay for my own room - even though they cancelled due to weather.
RouteLAX to KUL via Guangzhou

Review by (China) 23rd June 2015

Flight left Shenyang 1 hour late due to air traffic control but arrived only 30 minutes late and enough time for transfer in Guangzhou to Manila. Flight to Manila on time and food was reasonable. Both aircraft clean and pretty new. Service good, no complaints. Out of Manila airport in 20 minutes and arrived in the hotel within 1 hour after landing.
RouteShenyang to Manila via Guangzhou

Review by (New Zealand) 21st June 2015

We flew with China Southern last year, and were very satisfied, so decided to use them again this year. The service has improved in terms of food and cabin service. It was good last year, and is now better. The cabin staff were very welcoming, attentive, and very pleasant. Also very helpful when I inadvertently lost my glasses case down inside the seat. The food selection was good, and options available also good - we could not fault the service. I would recommend China Southern Business Class value for money as best en route over others flying on this route, and we have flown to Europe with most of the major carriers. Only problem was the entertainment audio connection was broken for my husband.
RouteAuckland to Paris via Guangzhou

Review by (China) 21st June 2015

My family and I traveled on CZ38 from Guangzhou to Brisbane. Since it is our first long haul international flight, I was very stressed with many concerns and worries. The cabin service was delivered with warmth and patience. The crew has provided towels and water for us to refreshing and paid extra attention with caring during this flight. I was impressed by the service provided from China Southern, also the tasty meal and cleanliness of lavatory during the flight.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure