China Southern Airlines

Review by (China) 6th July 2015

I travelled to NY on 5th July by China Southern from Guangzhou. The flight was 2 hours late taking off which meant I missed my connecting flght to Indianapolis. The staff helped me to find another connection and I caught up with my schedule finally!
AircraftB777-300
RouteGuangzhou to New york

Review by (United States) 5th July 2015

China Southern Airlines is a step above others based out of China, but not by much. The A380 I flew was very nice, but the remainder of their fleet is very sub-par. The staff are generally rude and apathetic to requests. The website is useless. Forget collecting miles, their program is terrible, especially if you want to collect flying with another sky team member. The food is lousy at best. The benefit is that they are the only airline flying from Guangzhou directly to the US. The fares are generally quite low for a direct but I think I would now prefer to just take a layover.
RouteLAX to CAN

Review by (New Zealand) 3rd July 2015

We flew Guangzhou to Auckland on 30th June 2014 and found them to be professional and helpful. The seating on the A330-200 aircraft is very generous in Business Class. Pillows and blanket are of a good quality and seats comfortable for sleeping. The staff were excellent and did everything to try and make our flight as enjoyable as possible. Good food and beverage options - can highly recommend.
AircraftAirbus A330-200
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland

Review by (New Zealand) 3rd July 2015

I flew from Hongqiao to Guangzhou and the from Guangzhou to Auckland. The check-in service at Hongqiao was fine but the service in lounge was extremely poor. Limited food available for international traveller in lounge. Staff were uncommunicative, did not speak English to converse with international passengers and even though there were at least 6 staff at the desk, all were unhelpful. More interested in playing on their phones! Plane was delayed in Hongqiao for 4 hours. Staff did not know what was happening and had no idea when the plane would fly. When the plane did take off, they did not have my special meal, so I had very little to eat. Got to Guangzhou and only had 45 minutes to catch next flight. Got driven from domestic to international terminal and then had to run to customs/immigration - about 800 metres and then run to the plane about 800m again. No passenger carts provided. On the flight they also did not have my special meal available. I had booked and confirmed this 1 month in advance for all legs of my journey. So I had to pick what little I could eat and since I had missed my special meal on 2 flights I was pretty hungry and slept most of the time. Staff did not make any special effort to get me anything extra. On arrival into Auckland we found our luggage was left behind in Guangzhou. It took 2 days even though there are daily flights from Guangzhou. I was extremely disappointed with the service and the flights. They have good planes, poorly fitted out though, and main issue is staff training and service delivery. A lot of work needs to be done in this area.
RouteHongqiao to Auckland via Guangzhou

Review by (New Zealand) 2nd July 2015

We left NZ on 23rd May and flew to Paris and then from Amsterdam to Guangzhou, then on June 29th flew from Guangzhou to Auckland. The first 3 flights we wetre in the rear business class cabin which we found very noisy and uncomfortable. However on our last flight we were seated in the forward business class cabin which was excellent as it was quiet and comfortable. The crew servicing this cabin were the best we experienced on the 4 flights we had.
RouteGuanghzou to Auckland

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Exceptional service. Aircraft was 2 hours late taking off which meant we missed our connection to Dubai. China Southern staff helpful at Sydney and in Guangzhou getting us on another flight and making our time in the airport comfortable.
RouteSydney to Dubai via Guangzhou

Review by (Australia) 28th June 2015

I travelled to Perth on 25th June by China Southern Airlines, and excellent service from the cabin staff. The choice of food was entertainment was very good and although it is a long journey the staff were polite.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteGuangzhou to Perth

Review by (China) 27th June 2015

I regularly travel China Southern Economy class from Paris to Guangzhou and also internal flights in China. I am one of their Pearl Club Members (Sky Team). Their web site is rubbish and you cannot use all the points. I am an Elite Member but you cannot use the points for any flights and you cannot do it online. You have to ring China and that takes forever because no one answers the phone even then they will not book the flight for you.
RouteParis to Guangzhou

Review by (United Kingdom) 26th June 2015

Near riot in economy class when wine ran out. This was as Air France share flight and was full of French people returning home. Only the first few passengers in economy got any wine with their food because it turns out only eight bottles of wine were allocated to the whole economy section. Well done China Southern, about a hundred pasangers who will never fly with you again, all for the sake of a few bottle of cheap wine, give the penny pinching manager a star.
RouteShanghai to Paris

Review by (New Zealand) 25th June 2015

The meals were excellent, food was top class and served quickly and efficiently. Because our stopover was for 8+ hours in Guangzhou we were escorted through customs to a hotel room by staff and given instructions on how to return in 5 hours time. Our second part of the flight we were upgraded to the first class which we were extremely impressed with the staff they who were credit to their company. They ensured we were comfortable at all times, meals were chef quality and were served with skill.
AircraftA330-200