Vote Now

China Southern Airlines

"providing a lovely trip for me"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Auckland. It was an pleasure to fly with China Southern Airlines. The cabin staff service was excellent, they very polite and friendly. The food and fruits were delicious with a variety of food provided on the menu. The Boeing 787 was clean and the TV had lots of films, music and games. Thank you for providing a lovely trip for me.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service and friendly attitude"

Verified Review | Shenzen to Sydney. We were connecting on a flight at Shenzen airport from the domestic to international areas. We were pleasantly greeted and escorted by China Southern staff to the relevant area and explained the airport protocol required to transfer ourselves and our luggage. Once there was a Mandarin announcement over the loudspeaker about our flight delays, this staff found us waiting at the boarding gate to explain the situation in English in person. We appreciated his customer service and friendly attitude to make our experience at Shenzen airport a pleasant one.
RouteShenzen to Sydney

"everything went smoothly"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Sydney. A very comfortable flight experience and everything went smoothly. Plane clean, food good and inflight entertainment with multiple choices. Staff were quick to help with anything, and were friendly and attentive. Business class seats are fully lie flat. Will be flying them again.
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney

"best flight experience"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Melbourne with China Southern Airlines. It was the best flight experience for me until now. I was suffering with a lumbar problem and it was such a difficult journey for me to take a 9 hours flight. I expressed my concerns when I got on the flight to one of the female staff and she did try her best to help me during the whole flight. She tried to find a more comfortable seat for me so that I could take more rest and kept asking me whether I felt ok for my low back. I would recommend this flight to my friends.
AircraftA330-300
RouteGuangzhou to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"love the noodle and the wine"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Guangzhou on the A380. I love the noodle and the wine onboard. Also the patience and service of the flight attendants is a reason why I choose China Southern. However, it' would be better if there is WiFi onboard. I have booked another ticket back to Los Angeles on March 8th, and hope I'll have another excellent trip.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the meal should be improved"

Verified Review | This is my first time to take China Southern Airlines from New York to Guangzhou. This time we tried China Southern for cheaper price and the same aircraft with Boeing 777-300. I felt the space of the seat is spacious. But the meal should be improved. We like the cabin crew service better than Cathay Pacific for their talk and smile. Anyway a good experience for this flight.
RouteNew York to Guangzhou

"it is worth the money"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Melbourne, such a long journey. The cabin staff is kind and helpful. Some latest movies can be enjoyed on the flight. I sat next to the emergency exit. Therefore the area is spacious. However, there was something wrong with my seat so I cannot adjust the seat while sleeping. And the breakfast is awful. I chose noodle, but noodle is too salty. Compared with the breakfast, dinner was much better. Overall, it is worth the money.
RouteGuangzhou to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"meal has a good improvement"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to San Francisco on February 15th 2017 and an amazing onboard experience. Boeing 787 with new design of sunshades, we could get the information of our flying on the touch screen. The meal has a good improvement with the last time I traveled to Rome with this airline. At the same time the service onboard is really great. After the first meal my IFE crashed and I didn't find any free seats could change. So I asked for a crew and he gives me a tablet in return with this inconvenience. So I think if the technology department would fix this problem for the passengers would be better. Lacking in perfection, I took almost 30 minutes go through the line for safety check to the boarding Gate. After the safety check we have be sent to the aircraft by the Shuttle bus not the with a Boarding Bridge, I thought it should be a basic requirement for a overseas flight.
RouteGuangzhou to San Francisco

"awesome cabin staff"

Verified Review | Flew with China Southern economy class from Amsterdam to Sydney return. The first leg to Chengdu was with KLM even though it was part of my China Southern ticket which meant I had to collect by baggage and re book it in at Chengdu. Not a problem. My flight from Chengdu to Guangzhou was delayed for four hours. China Southern supplied a decent chinese meal and drinks for all passengers. The delay meant once I arrived in Guangzhou I had missed my onward flight to Sydney. China Southern then placed me in a hotel (of my choice) for 24 hours with full courtesy bus three meals and a fantastic five star hotel. An unexpected stay over but one that I enjoyed. 24 hours later I was on my way to Sydney. Return journey I flew Sydney to Shenzen and this was a nightmare in the airport. From Shenzen onto Beijing and then onwards to Amsterdam. The airline on all journeys was superb, the long haul two meals and plenty of drinks and snacks in between, the short internal legs again a decent chinese meal and plenty of drinks. In flight entertainment was great with a big choice of movies and a lesser choice of music. Awesome cabin staff on all flights and quite comfy seats on what seemed to be new aeroplanes. All in all China Southern would be my choice if I ever returned to Australia or Asia.
RouteSydney to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"good combination of east and west"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Sydney. Good cabin service, there are variety of meal courses offered, good combination of east and west, comfortable seat and good selection of inflight entertainment, can be improved by adding more privacy to the business cabin. Quite impressed with the Salvatore ferragamo amenity bag, slipper is a great addition, would be even better if inflight pajama can be offered.
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney

China Southern Airlines Photos

CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES is a member of SkyTeam. China Southern Airlines operates more than 600 passenger and cargo aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. The airline's fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review