China Southern Airlines

"Meals were okay"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to New York. Cabin is spacious and neat. The trip back was full and I couldn't get a seat next to my parents since I picked our seats at the counter. The crew arranged a crew seat for me behind my parents. Meals were okay, it's mostly Chinese cuisine. Movies were not up to date, they were the same as I flown to CAN. Other services were pretty good. Crews were friendly and talkative.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteGuangzhou to New York

"seat was comfortable"

(China)

Trip Verified | Wuhan to Amsterdam via Guangzhou on China Southern Airlines because my booking with Air France was cancelled due to astrike. The staff was extremely nice, and helpful, could speak fluent English and there was one Dutch staff on board too. The aircraft was new with the latest entertaining system and even WiFi! The seat was comfortable. Meals were offered in both Chinese and Western. I would definitely recommend them.
RouteWuhan to Amsterdam via Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2018

"upgraded to business class free"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Beijing return, both flights on time and service was good. I can use mobile check-in and passed security with QR-code as well. I was upgraded to business class for free from Guangzhou to Beijing due full flight so I have more space to do my business. The meal quality was good and food was tasty. Cabin staff were helpful and polite. Lavatories were kept very clean but they do not provide free WiFi in-flight.
RouteGuangzhou to Beijing
Date FlownApril 2018

"the seat was comfortable"

(China)

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Amsterdam via Guangzhou. When I got to airport, I was surprised by the efficient ground service at Adelaide. Though the plane was a not-so-new A330, the seat was comfortable. I think the overhead compartment should be bigger. It would be better if they have more lavatories. The flight attendants were very nice and the food was good. It's a pleasant flight.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAdelaide to Amsterdam via Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2018

"I received a free upgrade"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Shanghai. At check-in I received a free upgrade to Premium Economy since space was available. The cabin looked well maintained and was clean. Seat cushion is comfortable, legroom acceptable for Economy and a 1.5 hours flight. Cabin crew is professional and friendly. Overall experience has been very satisfactory with China Southern Airlines
RouteGuangzhou to Shanghai
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"don't actually care about the seat"

(China)

Trip Verified | Changsha to Guangzhou. It is quite a short domestic flight and for me I don't actually care about the seat, but when I check in the ground staff asked me which seat I preferred. She asked me if i would mind at the back of the aircraft,and arranged the seat for me. When I am on board I found my seat at the back but since the flight was not that full, I took a nap during the flight, I think they are quite considerate.
RouteChangsha to Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2018

"they definitely improved a lot"

(China)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Guangzhou. This is my second time flying Business Class with China Southern internationally. I would say they definitely improved a lot in terms of airplane facilities and food in the last 3 or 4 years. They do a amazing job on Cantonese/Chinese food, especially the soup. Regarding the entertainment system, I'm pretty satisfied with the movies they provide, but I think they can improve a bit on TV shows. I think their business class and premium economy worth the price. Service for both classes are attentive. I think It would be great if they could provide Wifi on plane.
RouteSan Francisco to Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2018

"will choose this airline again"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to London. A wonderful and impressive trip. The air hostesses are helpful, polite and always thought of me during the long-time flight. The menu offers plenty of styles for wine, drinks, snacks, meal and fruit. The food is really delicious and fruits are fresh and sufficient. The duvet is so nice, the TV shows are various. The toilet has body lotion, face mint and mouth wash. Boeing 787 windows themselves change the colour gradually from transparent to dark. I would like to say thank you to the captain and all the staff. I will choose this airline again next time.
RouteGuangzhou to London

"the food is tasty"

Trip Verified | It is my third time to take China Southern Airline flight from Toronto to Guangzhou. Everything is very organized from the boarding to exiting the plane. The crew are very friendly and the food is tasty with plenty of the choice.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteToronto to Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2018

"service at Changzhou needs to be improved"

(China)

Trip Verified | Changzhou to Adelaide via Guangzhou. The overall journey is fine, but the service at Changzhou airport needs to be improved. I checked in my two luggages which are supposed to be collected at the destination airport, Adelaide. However, When I was transferring at Guangzhou Airport, I was notified my luggage were not checked in to Adelaide. The ground services assisted me to solve the problem so that I can successfully be on the flight to Adelaide.
RouteChangzhou to Adelaide via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review