Top 100 Airlines

China Southern Airlines

"appreciated this flight"

(China)

Verified Review | I appreciated this flight from New York JFK to Guangzhou. I took home carrying my daughter. When on board, the cabin crew helped me to put my luggage. And I was very satisfied with their cabin service in flight. We sit in the economy class and many times I need drink for my daughter, they could serve me in time. The meal I could choose every serving time.
RouteJFK to CAN

"I felt so comfortable"

(China)

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Shanghai on China Southern airlines by Boeing 777. The business class for configuration and couple seats are attractive. Because I am golden card membership of this company, so I didn't take much money for this trip as I used my accumulated mileage to exchange the tickets, which was available. However, there exist some problems. China Southern exerting the activities for accumulate mileage for exchanging tickets should be improved. It seldom to exchange accessible objects. Otherwise, the cabin service left me impressed. And I felt so comfortable and feel at ease.
RouteCAN to SHA
Date FlownMay 2016

"inflight service was excellent"

Verified Review | Singapore to Vancouver via Guangzhou, and the first time we flew China Southern. We were apprehensive, but were pleasantly surprised by the excellent in-flight service, the good food and cleanliness of the aircraft. The inflight service was excellent as the FA continually offered drinks even after the meal times. We appreciated the cleanliness of the toilets. We would fly with China Southern again.
RouteSIN to YVR via CAN
Date FlownMay 2016

"experience with was fantastic"

Verified Review | Paris to Sydney via Guangzhou. Our recent experience with China Southern Airlines was fantastic and the staff were warm and attentive. Guangzhou to Sydney the head steward led a conscientious team who catered to our every whim. They even had a birthday cake was on board to surprise one lucky passenger. We enjoyed a unforgettably wonderful time and forgot our fatigue and jet lag.
RouteCDG to SYD via CAN
Date FlownMay 2016

"have been improving a lot"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Guangzhou. Flight attendants were very caring and friendly, providing excellent service in Premium Economy. The food was pretty good too. The entertainment system was user friendly and pretty updated. Guangzhou is my home town, I fly China Southern many times. I can see they have been improving a lot.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMEL to CAN
Date FlownMay 2016

"appreciated the ground staff"

(China)

Verified Review | Shanghai from Zhuhai to join an event that night. Originally, I ordered the CZ3755, which should take off at 16:00. However, due to Traffic Control, the flight was delayed and had no specific take-off schedule. Thanks to the quick response from ground staff of China Southern, they checked the updated schedule and found China Eastern flight would be able to depart around 15:30, so they endorsed me to change the flight. I smoothly arrived at Shanghai around 18:30 and joined the event. I feel highly appreciated for the ground staff of China Southern Airlines.
RouteZUH to PVG

"good cabin service"

(China)

Verified Review | Guangzhou to New York JFK by China Southern Airlines. I sit in the economy class and good cabin service. The cabin crew were nice, they were patient to answer declaration form question. I felt comfortable for the aircraft with inflight entertainment system that I could choose what I like.
RouteCAN to JFK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"no airbridge we can use"

(China)

Verified Review | Guangzhou to London, and a pleasant flight for us. The flight crew are friendly and charming. They gave us wash bag with ear plug and eye mask in it. And my daughter even got a present - a Spongebob child supply kit. The food and beverage was quite good also. We had two lovely meals and French wine. The entertainment system was also great. It has a various collection of movies, TV programs, and music. The only downside was that there was no airbridge we can use during boarding in Guangzhou. We had to take a crowded shuttle bus. That was quite inconvenient for us, since I was traveling with a child and a lot of carry-ons.
RouteCAN to LHR
Date FlownApril 2016

"aircraft was very clean"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | I had a pleasant flight from Auckland to London via Guangzhou with China Southern. The crew were attentive and helpful, the food was good, the aircraft was very clean and stocked with a lot of nice food and the selection of movies was excellent. We had a delay in Guangzhou due to the weather but the Business Class lounge had excellent facilities and the staff were very helpful. My bag arrived almost immediately after I entered the terminal at Heathrow. I definitely recommend China Southern Airlines.
RouteAKL to LHR via CAN
Date FlownMay 2016

"Good crew, great service"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | I took this flight with my daughter from London to Guangzhou with China Southern. I booked the ticket from the China Southern Airlines website, the price of the ticket for both of us only took GBP703, that was quite fair. When we boarded, the cabin crew was attentive and helpful, and took good care of us during the whole flight. Boeing 787 economy class seat space was ok for us, and the food was delicious. After landing, I picked up my baby stroller very quick. But we didn't got an airbridge, since it was a very busy time of the airport when we landed. We had to take a shuttle bus to the terminal, it took me a lot time. Anyway, it still was a nice flight. Good crew, great service.
RouteLHR to CAN
Date FlownApril 2016

China Southern Airlines

Guide Icon

China Southern Airlines is a member of SkyTeam. China Southern Airlines operates more than 600 passenger and cargo aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. The airline's fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

EAT : FIRST CLASS

Enjoy the finest East Asian cuisine and the Western food in China Southern Airlines first class.

VOTE NOW

The airline Customer Satisfaction survey is your chance to vote for your favourite airline in the Skytrax World Airline Awards, the “Oscars of the aviation industry”.
» Submit your Vote now

EAT : BUSINESS CLASS

Enjoy China Southern Airlines signature dish of beef noodle soup in Business class.

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review