Vote Now

China Southern Airlines

"crew was friendly and helpful"

(China)

Verified Review | I flew Auckland to Guangzhou with China Southern Airlines CZ306 on 21st March 2017. I sat in seat 51A which was beside the emergency exit,so the leg room was huge. Cabin crew was friendly and helpful with a smile. Cabin staff helped me to stow luggage. The first meal included ice cream, I like it very much! The inflight entertainment contain the latest films. The lavatories were clean.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAuckland to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"enjoyed my flight this time"

(China)

Verified Review | Changsha to Hanoi via Guangzhou, this is my first time to Vietnam. I enjoyed my flight this time. I got my boarding pass and have my luggage checked in a minute. They asked me about power bank and battery in my suitcase. The meal is good, beef rice and chicken noodle. I hope that next time the food could be more diet (less oil) so that could be excellent. The best thing that I am satisfied is they were on time to land every time. I will choose China Southern Airlines next time for international trip.
RouteChangsha to Hanoi via Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"luxury and outstanding customer service"

Verified Review | My wife and I flew from Sydney to Guangzhou in business class. There was an announcement that it was possible to have an upgrade to first class for $550 each. As we hadn't done this before I arranged with the purser for this to happen. Pure luxury and outstanding customer service is the only way I can describe it. As it was an overnight flight (12 hrs), we were given comfortable pyjamas and our bed made up whilst changing. The staff were amazing - so friendly and helpful to the highest quality. We may not ever get up the front again (1st class) but we will never forget the experience with China Southern. The only problem is the setup of Guangzhou airport - what a stressful situation. It is certainly not tourist friendly.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSydney to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"flight staff were courteous"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Shanghai to Sydney via Guangzhou. This is the first time I have flown China Southern and was selected by the tour company rather than by myself. Having now flown the airline to China and back, I have no hesitation in recommending this airline. I flew Economy class over to China and Premium Economy on the way back. The flight staff were courteous, the food and drinks were generous, the leg room in economy was more than what some Australian airlines give, hot refresher towels were given out. The in-flight entertainment had a great selection in English, and while English was not their first language, every attempt was made by the crew to ensure I was comfortable. Top marks.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteShanghai to Sydney via Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cabin service was excellent "

(China)

Verified Review | I flew from Vancouver to Guangzhou on 24 March. It was a pleasant journey in general. The in-flight entertainment was amazing and there was a great collection of movies and series. I especially enjoyed the food and snacks such as sandwiches, bread, burgers and instant noodles. The cabin service was excellent and very attentive. My only suggestion would be that the cabin crew English could be improved because I could barely understand most of the announcement and it can be quite confusing.
RouteVancouver to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Friendly service, with good meals"

Verified Review | Flight from Amsterdam to Guangzhou, March 2017. Flight on an A330, in middle block with 4 seats. Friendly service, with good meals and enough space for my knees (I am tall: 186 cm/6'1"). Good entertainment with lots of movies to choose.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAmsterdam to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"food is also very good"

(China)

Verified Review | San Francisco to Guangzhou. I usually fly China Eastern but this time, I chose to fly with China Southern thru Guangzhou. The cabin attendants were very nice and patient. I drank black tea during the flight, and they kept my cup refilled all the way. The food is also very good. I think China Southern will be another choice for me in the future.
RouteSan Francisco to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2017

"wifi connection in the flight"

Verified Review | Singapore to Melbourne via Guangzhou, my first flight was delayed because of bad weather in Guangzhou. So lucky that the transfer process was smooth in Guangzhou, especially their kindly support, I didn't need to take my checked luggage out. On my second flight, the flight attendants gave good service, the food was tasty, wine service was nice. The cabin was clean and the seat space in business class was fair enough for me to had a good sleep. I had wifi connection in the flight from Guangzhou to Melbourne , which was a step forward compare with before. But there was still no airbridge for passengers in Guangzhou which was really inconvenient.
AircraftA319 / A330
RouteSingapore to Melbourne via Guangzhou

"food is usually tasty"

(China)

Verified Review | This is the third time I chose China Southern Airline to come back to New York. The food is usually tasty, and they might offer you more food if you ask the attendants. The flight attendants have always been nice. Seats are clean, but not that spacious.
RouteGuangzhou to New York
Date FlownMarch 2017

"staff onboard is trying hard"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Delhi via Guangzhou, returning from Bangkok. The staff onboard is trying hard, but they're not delivering a business class to world class standards. Virgin lounge in SFO was the highlight. 10/10 lounge. Entertainment onboard was poor. Yes button means no, several minutes of ads before video (though you can fast forward). Had decent programming though. 2x2x2 seat configuration lacks privacy, I slept OK but they don't provide a mattress topper or make up the bed. Food on the flights was pretty good, and above average. Guangzhou lounge was dilapidated. Flew back out of Bangkok. Got there 3 hours early, was not allowed to check-in. Sent to wait 30 mins at another check-in line, had to navigate through throngs of people to get there. The Air France lounge there was a disgrace. One line to board the aircraft and no priority boarding. At Guangzhou, the agent looked at my ticket and sent me to the non-business class line for immigration, but luckily I caught it. Though the business class bus got to the aircraft first, we were not allowed to get out. Instead everyone massed at the staircase to get on the plane.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 737-800 / A330
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES is a member of SkyTeam. China Southern Airlines operates more than 600 passenger and cargo aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. The airline's fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review