China Southern Airlines

"Overall great service"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to New York. Hassle free check in, and staff more than happy to assist you. I sat in Premium economy, and the attendants were professional, friendly, and responsive to needs. The food, it is airline food but slightly better quality. When I went to retrieve my luggage, premium economy luggage was one of the first to be delivered. Overall great service, the planes are new and immaculate, and very comfortable for a 15 hour flight.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGuangzhou to New York

"good value for money"

(China)

Trip Verified | Zhengzhou to Brisbane via Guangzhou. Wonderful journey. The service is in place and the equipment on the plane is very new. The Wi-Fi is good, making the journey less boring. Very good value for money and recommended, will buy China Southern Airlines tickets next time.
RouteZhengzhou to Brisbane via Guangzhou
Date FlownAugust 2018

"delayed for more than 1 hour"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shenzhen to Amsterdam via Beijing. Due to the extreme weather condition in Shenzhen, the first flight delayed for more than 1 hour, but ground service in Beijing is good and I managed to catch the second flight. But there was no power supply or Wifi onboard the flight.
RouteShenzhen to Amsterdam via Beijing
Date FlownAugust 2018

"paid extra attention to me"

(China)

Trip Verified | Changsha to Guangzhou.I took a bus to a distant parking position and saw a staircase. But I sprained my wrist a couple of days earlier so I was unable to carry my suitcase up. At that time, a young guy, China Southern staff member, walked over to me and helped me put the suitcase to the overhead bin. He might have told the flight attendant about my hand injury because she paid extra attention to me during the flight.
RouteChangsha to Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Her service was amazing"

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Guangzhou. I had a terrible experience with my flight cancelled and had trouble communicating. I was booked on a flight the next morning despite arriving 5 hours early. Then the agent stepped in and navigated me through the process of changing my flight. She managed to get me on a flight that was already 2 hours delayed. Her service was amazing as she ensured I was checked in and also rang me to advise me when my flight was finally boarding at 10PM that night.
RouteShanghai to Guangzhou

"an excellent trip"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Melbourne, an excellent trip, except there was no wifi. The aircraft is new and seat is roomy. Entertainment content is up to date, and 9 hours flight was quite quick. stewardesses are helpful and considerate, with a smile.
RouteGuangzhou to Melbourne

"extremely good service"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Auckland. Very nice welcome at check in, boarding pass issued and a brief wait and then the flight boarded early. Got to Auckland slightly ahead of schedule. Staff give extremely good service during the flight. Food is about average, seats are comfortable. IFE has great selections in different language. No frills, no fuss, great service. Highly recommended airline for international travel.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland

"excellent onboard service"

(China)

Trip Verified | Urumqi to Guangzhou. Friendly crew provided excellent onboard service. I also can use WIFI during the trip, which is the most satisfying thing for me. I also appreciate ground crew professional service. I arrived at the airport late, they helped me get the boarding pass quickly and led me through the express lane to the boarding gate.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteUrumqi to Guangzhou

"I’m pleased enough"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to New York on 26th August,my first time traveling abroad alone as an international student. It was a real long flight, 15 hours was too long for economy class passengers with a tight seat, a bit unworthy considering its price. I was offered 3 meals which did help. Also the inflight entertainment was impressive, I was able to pick 4 movies I was interested in. The cabin crew were nice and helpful. I was helped placing my heavy luggage into the overhead bin when boarding by one of the crew. Overall, I’m pleased enough.
AircraftB777-300ER
RouteGuangzhou to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2018

"ground crew's professional service"

Trip Verified | I originally booked from Dalian to Toronto via Guangzhou and Vancouver on Aug 20th, but couldn't catch up flights because flight of Dalian to Guangzhou couldn't departed on time due to heavy rain caused by typhoon at Dalian. I have to stay at airport for whole day waiting for updated status, but all flights were cancelled by the end of day due to severe weather condition. China Southern Airlines tried different route options in system to redirect my trip. Finally they booked Dalian to Toronto via Beijing on Aug 21 which was the earliest available flights I could catch up. I appreciate ground crew's professional service.
RouteDalian to Toronto via Beijing

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review