China Southern Airlines

"Nice staff and pleasant service"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Auckland via Guangzhou. Nice staff and pleasant cabin service, despite the plane has a stop over at another city and all passengers have to get off and go over the immigration control. The facilities are well maintained, acceptable on board food. It would be better if they provide more choices such as veterinarian or halal food. The transfer service is not organised, some staff do not speak English, although more than half of the passengers are European.
RouteFrankfurt to Auckland via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Overall it was a good flight"

Trip Verified | New York to Nanning via Guangzhou. My flight started on 24 January 2018. Overall it was a good flight. Seat was comfortable, food was good and service was excellent. IFE left a little to be desired. It is now 5 February 2018 and I am still having trouble getting China Southern to credit the miles yo my Sky Pearl account. My wife was on the same flight and her miles were credited in January.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNew York to Nanning via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"was a satisfying travel"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shenyang to New York via Guangzhou. It was a satisfying travel with China Southern Air in general. The food provided was well served and the crew members were very considerable and helpful. They made sure that my violin case was placed safely and took it out for me in advance when I'm leaving the aircraft. They provided a pouch that contains a eye blinder, earplugs, small toothbrush and toothpaste for each customer. However, there was no wifi connection available in the cabin, which may cause some inconveniences to some customers. The second one, which I think is particular to CSA, is that I had to check my luggage again in JFK since I am transferring to CLE afterwards. I didn't have to do this when I was traveling with Air China and Air Canada before.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteShenyang to New York via Guangzhou
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"choose this airline for my next trip"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Frankfurt via Changsha, I felt this was an excellent experience. Although we had to take off all luggage from previous flight, airport staff in Changsha were efficient that we boarded on the next connection soon. In addition, there is a small display screen on the back of each seat and stewardess were very patient to teach us how to use that. The most surprising thing was that passengers are able to use electronic devices now, so it would be very convenient and can bring a lot of fun during the trip. Although the food they served were not delicious, the staff attitudes were worth to appreciate. I will consider to choose this airline for my next trip. Thank you.
AircraftA330-200
RouteGuangzhou to Frankfurt via Changsha
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I had an excellent trip"

Trip Verified | London to Guangzhou. I had an excellent trip. Initially I found it was difficult to store my bag since I was the very last one boarding, the cabin crew helped me stored my bag. I was sitting on my own seat but I found that the seat button was loose, which means I could not lower the seat back. The cabin crew helped me to find another seat, in fact a better seat with no one sitting in front of me. Thanks the cabin crew, they are really professional and friendly.
RouteLondon to Guangzhou
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"crew was very friendly"

Trip Verified | I flew Business Class from Amsterdam to Sydney via Guangzhou. In Amsterdam we left with 1.5h delay, due to a technical defect, but the crew made the waiting time very pleasant by serving drinks and snacks. My in flight entertainment was affected by the technical defect, but I was offered to use the seat next to me or to use an iPad instead, which was a great solution to my problem. Because of the delay in Amsterdam I missed my connection flight from Guangzhou to Sydney, but the ground staff was already informed and every passenger received a ticket for the next available flight and was offered to stay at a near by Hotel to refresh themselves. Since I flew business class, I stayed at the business lounge instead, where I could shower and use one of the sleeping cabins to rest. The staff at the lounge was as friendly as the crew in the plane and I could make use of the free buffet and bar. On my last stretch to Sydney I boarded the flight CZ601 and again, the flight crew was very friendly and always offered to refill my drinks or to bring snacks and fruit, which made my flight even more comfortable. The food, the service and the cleanliness left a great impression. Well done China Southern!
RouteAmsterdam to Sydney via Guangzhou

"Thanks to the crew"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Paris. We were on our trip to Paris for honeymoon. Thanks to the crew,they walk through again and again to ask if we need water between the meal and beverage service. They taking good care of all the passengers. The lavatory was clean! Hope to fly with China southern airlines next time!
AircraftA330-200
RouteGuangzhou to Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"my luggage was still in Guangzhou"

Trip Verified | New York to Guangzhou. The most important reason why I choose this flight is the time. It took off at the mid-night from New York and arrived at the Guangzhou in the morning. The cabin service and food are as good as the past. But they did not offer the wonton noodles which was one of my favorites food on this route. Caused by the flight delay, my seat of my second flight has been canceled. The ground officer helps me changed to another airline‘s flight,and my luggage would still take the flight of China Southern Airlines. The issue was when I arrived Shanghai my luggage was still in Guangzhou. I need to stay at the airport 3 hours to pick up it otherwise I need to pay the bill for delivering my luggage to the hotel. The luggage issue was not my personal reason caused. However, the company did not take any responsibility. Hope they could improve ASAP.
RouteNew York to Guangzhou
Date FlownDecember 2017

"friendly throughout the flight"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Sydney. Having motion sickness is already a bad start when you're about to fly on a 10 hr flight. However when it was time for lunch, the flight attendants noticed that I wasn't feeling too well. A specific flight attendant gave me advice on what she used to do and what she ate to feel better as she had motion sickness as well when she started her job. She was very friendly throughout the flight. I believe China Southern Airlines' flight attendants were really the ones that made the experience pleasing.
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"food and service were exemplary"

Trip Verified | I was flying to London from Sydney with my 2 children via 4 hour layover at Guangzhou. On re-boarding, after the doors were closed, seat belts fastened, Captain's announcements commenced, I realised to my horror that I had left my mobile phone charging in the boarding lounge. The crew immediately alerted the captain, who gave them 5 minutes to try and reach the ground crew by phone. They kept ringing different numbers to make contact, but it was difficult. My panic hit hard when i suddenly realised my credit card was in the phone case! The full horror of the impact of this hit me, travelling alone with two children, my hire car at Heathrow and access to all my funds depended on this card. My Christmas holiday to reunite with family and friends would have been ruined. As the reality of this dawned the flight crew raised this, and with tears of panic, and waves of immense gratitude the Captain personally came to see me, and the ground crew had been mobilized to find and return my phone. I literally cannot commend this crew highly enough. I understand the pressures of protocol and tight scheduling and know this would have really stretched the crew. They were amazing. We landed on time in London, the food and service were exemplary and the comfort great. I will be forever grateful for the 'extra mile' this particular flight crew went to for me. Thank you China Southern! Customer service doesn't get any better than this!
RouteSydney to London via Guangzhou
Date FlownDecember 2017

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review