China Southern Airlines

"only accepts payments via Alipay"

Trip Verified | Ürümqi to Almaty booked for late June 2018. Short-termed rebooking only possible via Chinese payment system.I had to fly earlier at short notice. Unfortunately, I could not make the rebooking, because the airline from 72 hours before departure only accepts payments via Alipay, the Chinese payment system, and this on an international flight! Consequently, I was forced to book an entire new ticket and thus lost a lot of money. There must be a way for international passengers to make short-term payments via credit card.
RouteÜrümqi to Almaty
Date FlownJune 2018

"Efficient service by cabin crew"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Guangzhou. Timely takeoff, systematic boarding. meal was served after takeoff. It was 1 am but dinner was served. Round of drinks before dinner, wine and beer was available. The meal was not that great, specially the dessert. Efficient service by cabin crew. Amenity kit was provided. Very attentive crew throughout the flight and serving, water, juice, tea etc. Another meal was served before landing. This meal was much better, though limited options. Good value for money. Toilets were clean. The seatbelt sign was kept on throughout the flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2018

"would recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manila via Guangzhou. Boarding was smooth in Dubai. Meals and drinks were delicious. Mostly FA is not fluent in speaking English or I have problem understanding their English that is why I find it difficult to converse with them, but the crew and ground staff is polite, kind and helpful. I would recommend this airline to my friends and colleagues.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDubai to Manila via Guangzhou

"highly recommended"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Sydney. Superior service and excellent job the crew did for my father as a senior on wheelchair. The food is very tasty, the seat is comfortable, and my dad is very satisfied with the airline. Will be back for Southern Airlines and highly recommended.
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2018

"exceed all of my expectations"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Amsterdam. I was pretty impressed with the service and hospitality the flight crew has shown me on this journey. I also loved that the staff after dinner time would do their rounds (several times) and offer refreshments. I didn't sleep the entire flight, that is why I was able to see this aspect of theirs. This crew managed to exceed all of my expectations.
AircraftCZ307
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2018

"fly again and recommend"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Kathmandu via Guangzhou. Amazing trip for us. ,Senior people with my wife and were on wheelchair got the excellent service. The crew did tremendous job, fully satisfied even we didn't have hotel reservation we got the hotel for long transit. Will fly again and recommend.
RouteSan Francisco to Kathmandu via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2018

"My flight was enjoyable"

(China)

Trip Verified | London to Guangzhou. My flight was enjoyable. The seat was big enough for a big guy like me and I had really good sleep during the trip. There was a variety of food and drinks offered onboard, and I loved Cantonese dim sum most. The entertainment was good too as there were plenty of programs and movies. It would be a perfect trip if there was WIFI onboard.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLondon to Guangzhou

"because it was cheap"

(China)

Trip Verified | Xi'an to Guangzhou. I took this flight simply because it was cheap. The seat width was barely satisfactory for a three-hour trip, but I selected an aisle seat so that I could stretch my legs. There was no hot meal and only snacks and drinks were offered. The flight was steady and was a good choice.
RouteXi'an to Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2018

"saved me a lot of time"

(China)

Trip Verified | I flew from Shenzhen to Nanjing with Shenzhen Airlines and transferred to China Southern Airlines, which cost less compared with a direct flight. I was worried that I might miss this flight because I thought transferring between two different airlines would be too complicated. However the ground staff told me that I could get my boarding pass after landing and continue my next flight, which saved me a lot of time. Although the seat was narrow and the meal was so-so, the stewardess was quite friendly and served drinks several times.
RouteKWE to SHE via NKG
Date FlownMay 2018

"upgraded to first class"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Auckland. I upgraded to first class on the ground with my grandmother. The flight attendant greeted us with great enthusiasm. First class is very quiet and comfortable and I had a good rest. The flight attendant woke me up before landing and served a good breakfast. After landing, the attendant helped us arrange the wheelchair service for my grandma.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review