China Southern Airlines

"crew friendly and patient"

Verified Review | Wuhan to Paris via Guangzhou. The transfer process was convenient and clear, I even didn’t have to pick up my checked baggage when I stayed in Guangzhou. The crew was very friendly and patient, we could have basic food and drinks in the first route and more choices in the second route, although the flight models were all A330, I felt the domestic route was more comfortable and fresher, I was still wondering when I could take Boeing 787 or A380 to Paris. The on board entertainment system was comprehensive, it made me much easier to take care of my children.
RouteWuhan to Paris via Guangzhou
Date FlownOctober 2017

"competent, cheerful and professional"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Perth. Cabin crew were attentive, competent, cheerful and professional. They got things done on time, anticipated requests from passengers, they were pro-active in helping passengers. I was flying with my wife and two daughters, they were very attentive to our needs. I cannot stop praising about them.
RouteGuangzhou to Perth

"crew were friendly"

(China)

Verified Review | Shenzhen to Moscow.The economy class on this flight was very full, however the crew were friendly and professional. Because there is no inflight entertainment onboard they provide portable electronics. I will be very happy to take China Southern Airlines again in future.
RouteShenzhen to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2017

"definitely avoid China Southern"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | I booked my trip from Seoul to Copenhagen with China Southern (flying with them from Beijing and Amsterdam) and my own experience was far from great. I bought the ticket from China Southern, but I could not check in with them at Incheon Airport and had to go to Korean Air, since they operated the first leg. I could only get two boarding passes for the first 2 legs, and I could not select seats on leg 2 and 3. Other airlines have in the past checked me in all the way from the beginning. All the problems started in Beijing Airport. In order to transfer, I had to get a 72 hour transfer visa and then check in again, even though I had a boarding pass already. When I went to the check in counter, there were no staff there, even though it was 8pm. No one was helping and very few people spoke english. A line started to form, but still no staff. I ended up not being able to change my seat, due to no staff being present. Beijing Airport was terrible, old, dirty and nothing worked. The wifi was a joke, but I was happy when I finally boarded and saw a free wifi sticker next to my inflight entertainment system. I pulled out my iPhone and immediately a flight attendant appeared and told me to shut off my phone. It turned out that all mobile phones have to be shut off during the whole flight. Adding to the general theme of nothing making sense, there was a sticker right next to the free wifi sticker, saying no mobile phones allowed. So you can only use wifi on a tablet. Either way, the wifi didn't even work so you couldn't really do that either. The passengers were mostly Chinese. A fight almost broke out in the queue to the plane, and people were loud throughout most of the flight. In the morning, breakfast was served - I received the saddest omelette with some sort of white sausage next to it. The purser of the plane was friendly though - I had a conversation with her and she seemed really nice. The legroom was not bad for someone who's very tall like me. But the rest of staff, food, and nonsense Chinese rule about switching off your phone, and the experience at the Beijing Airport made me wish I hadn't picked China Southern. I will definitely avoid China Southern next time.
RouteBeijing to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2017

"cabin crews are enthusiastic"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Nha Trang via Guangzhou. The cabin crews are enthusiastic which impressed me a lot. Hereby I want to give a special thank to the purser and first class attendant on the flight from Guangzhou to Nha Trang. A girl from economy class responsible for the on-board duty free sales also impressed me. The meal on board tastes wonderful. I love the fried beef with celery and green pepper. I'm sure I won't hesitate to choose China Southern again!
AircraftA321 / Boeing 737-800
RouteBeijing to Nha Trang via Guangzhou

"cabin service was good"

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Toronto. The service was good since I check in, i was able to choose the seat which close to the emergency exit that has more leg room, plus a free wash bag. The meal was good especially the pork rice. The cabin service was good, the crew smile and friendly.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteGuangzhou to Toronto

"the flight was delayed"

(China)

Verified Review | Guangzhou to Xi'an. This was my first time to exchange tickets with miles. I chose the night flight, unfortunately the flight was delayed for half an hour. But China Southern Airlines APP can check the plane online situation, so I was not very nervous. As the attendance was very high, the cabin service was relatively general. Crew members was not very enthusiastic. The meal on the plane were beef rice and Cantonese Dim sum, I had tried, the latter tasted better. Just because it was rainy in Xi'an, my bag was wet. It was very easy to exchange a ticket with flight miles.
RouteGuangzhou to Xi'an
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"friendly and professional"

(China)

Verified Review | Nanning to Sydney via Guangzhou. This is my first time take the international flight. Cabin staff is friendly and professional. food is well to me, seat cannot say cozy but not bad. The ground staff is very helpful, they explain everthing clearly for me, the visa I should care about, luggage will sent directly to Sydney, do not need to taking out in Guangzhou. Excellent work, I am looking forward to my return tirp.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330
RouteNanning to Sydney via Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"really good Business product"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Christchurch to Paris via Guangzhou. First leg was a 2230 departure. Crew were very pleasant welcoming me on board. Slippers provided and a choice of water, orange or apple juice. It is usual procedure to select both meals before take off, and drinks. You need to remember to order a pre-dinner drink and wine. Limited choice of wine, but my choice was great. Dinner was served shortly after take off. Main course wasn't great, but edible. Fruit, dessert and cheese were great. In flight entertainment was fine, 3-4 episodes of a range of tv series and plenty of movies. Seat converts to a lie flat bed and is pretty comfortable. I had an empty seat next to me, so used the spare duvet as a sort of mattress pad. Pretty comfortable and I got a good sleep. Breakfast was served 2 hours out - again main course was not great, but cereal, fruit, bread were all fine. Arrived early. In Guangzhou transit I was met by a China Southern host and guided through the process of getting a 24 hour visa. He then took me to the free transit hotel and ensured I was checked in. Second leg was much the same, A330 is older and the entertainment was a little clunkier. The French flight attendant in the business cabin was outstanding. Food was better than the first flight, but the main courses do need work. Arrived early at Paris. Overall China Southern have a really good Business product. They have 2 issues to address: firstly the ordering of drinks and meals before take off; and secondly the quality of main courses. On other flights with them, the quality has been great. I think it might be a matter of consistency. Lounge at CAN was very comfortable, although food not to my taste, so I ate at the other nearby premium lounge. Upstairs recliner seats are wonderfully comfortable!
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteChristchurch to Paris via Guangzhou

"cabin service is great"

Verified Review | I had a very pleasant trip with China Southern Airlines Flight from GuangZhou to New York JFK. The cabin service is great and flight attendants were very nice and friendly. I was not able to fall asleep so I talked with the crew for a couple of hours. I would recommend flying them.
RouteGuangzhou to New York

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review