China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Sydney to Shanghai via Guangzhou. This was the first time we were travelling with China Southern Airline. It was so impressive! The staff provided excellent service and with a smile. The food was hot and delicious. Air hostess always check to ensure we have enough drinks. The seats are spacious and comfortable, facilities were well maintained and with high standard of cleanliness. We highly recommend to our friends to travel with this airline.
AircraftA330 / B787 / A380
RouteSydney to Shanghai via Guangzhou
Date FlownDecember 2017

"website is always in errors"

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Melbourne via Guangzhou. Reasonable price for a round trip, only one flight was delayed out of 4 trips - couple trips were even earlier arriving, pretty smooth flying. However, as a vegetarian, booked a special meals 6 months before flight, only 2 meals have been booked, so there were difficulties to get what I ordered even though have contact directly to the company. So please make sure you confirm it right before you fly! I cannot guarantee that you would get what you ask for. Thankfully a cabin crew helped me to get served with what they’ve got left and sincere apologies. But I cannot trust the ground staff of the company anymore. And the website is always in errors somehow, it is very difficult to use it. I’m not sure that I want to fly with them again in future.
RouteIncheon to Melbourne via Guangzhou

"I am very satisfied"

(China)

Trip Verified | Chongqing to Shenzhen. I booked premium, the seat was comfortable and food was delicious. The service of flight attendants impressed me. The plane arrived in Shenzhen earlier than the scheduled time. I am very satisfied, so I will choose China Southern again and recommend it to my friends.
RouteChongqing to Shenzhen
Date FlownDecember 2017

"stop off not clearly indicated"

Trip Verified | Flying from Phnom Penh, Cambodia to Beijing: Beware stop off not clearly indicated, neither on ticket and definitely not on boarding pass. Left Phnom Penh under the impression it was direct to Beijing. There was a stop in Guangzhou and everyone had to de-plane. All foreigners had to apply for a visa. While only a stop in Guangzhou or only a stop in Beijing allow for visa-free 'in transit' stops you will have to apply for a visa if hitting both stops even if you never leave airport. Unfortunately with the unexpected, unwanted stop (as airline put it "just a little stop") the time wasted for the visa process made us all miss the continued flight, on same plane, same seat, to Beijing. I would never have bought this ticket knowing in advance about the stop and consequences. The airline re-booked me in less than 4 hrs while killing time at airport. They offered a very decent hotel with shuttle though following morning shuttle left so early had long wait at airport before flight out. This experience lead to an extra day arrive home. Complaint is directed to airline for offering flights impossible for a foreigner without a visa to continue on.
RoutePhnom Penh to Beijing

"The cabin was quiet"

(China)

Trip Verified | Vientiane to Guangzhou. There were only about 75 passengers on this flight. The cabin was quiet during the flight. The crew were kind and polite. I'm not satisfied that, the airlines didn't set a gold/silver membership check-in counter at Vientiane airport, so as a silver member I can't enjoy convenient check-in service.
RouteVientiane to Guangzhou
Date FlownOctober 2017

"comfortable and delightful"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Moscow via Wuhan, it was nice flight experience with China Southern Airline. The flight attendants were very nice and friendly, they came to us immediately once we took the seat in the airplane to ensure my wheelchair service and the special food requirement of my husband. There were also corresponding ground team in Wuhan prepared wheelchair for me and kindly lead us for related procedures, we didn't have to carry our luggage with us during the transfer process. All the alcohol, including beers and wine were free of charge, the food were delicious, the whole flight process was comfortable and delightful. I really appreciated the help of all the staff, it was a nice trip.
RouteGuangzhou to Moscow via Wuhan
Date FlownDecember 2017

"lose my backpack for more than three days"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Los Angeles via Guangzhou. I'm very disappointed. As good was the flight, so bad is the customer service. They managed to lose my backpack for more than three days, messed up my holiday and didn't offer anything for it. Also not when I contacted them by phone, email or Facebook.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles via Guangzhou
Date FlownNovember 2017

"like to extend my gratefulness"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Christchurch. Excellent service in the business class. Particular care was offered to my wife because she was suffering from food allergy. A crew member on the flight tried many ways to arrange for her a collection of available food items to make a meal to enable my wife a safe and comfortable journey. I would like to extend my gratefulness to the kindest gesture from the crew.
RouteGuangzhou to Christchurch
Date FlownDecember 2017

"meal of this flight was the worst"

(China)

Trip Verified | Hangzhou to Guangzhou by CZ3502. I have taken this flight many times, but the meal of this flight was the worst one. The taste of the rice with pork was not good, and the airline didn't provide kinds of drinks like other flights, they only provided a bottle of mineral water. Although the meal was not good, the crews were kindly and they smiled to every passengers.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteHangzhou to Guangzhou
Date FlownNovember 2017

"a very nice flying experience"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Sydney via Guangzhou was my first time to experience business class of China Southern Airline. The VIP room in Tokyo was very clean. The food offered during the flight from Tokyo to Guangzhou was delicious. As The time after landing Guangzhou was very tight, the grounding team helped us. The stewards during the second route was very patient and changed the seats for me and my husband for better experience, I had good rest in the flight. I had a very nice flying experience.
RouteTokyo to Sydney via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review