China Southern Airlines

"It was a pleasant journey"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Guangzhou. It was my first time to fly with China Southern in first class. It was a pleasant journey. The ground agent helped me to check in and escort me to the lounge. They use Virgin Atlantic Lounge in SFO. That's a nice place. But unfortunately, the lounge is outside the TSA check point. So it took me feel a little bit hurry when the lounge agent asked me to go thought the check point. Boarding process was smooth and efficient. The first class service was beyond my expectation. A lot of choice for food and beverage. The flight attendants were nice and sweet. I like the pajamas which was provided by China Southern. When I arrived in Guangzhou, the new terminal was fantastic. The only thing they should improve is there was no WiFi on board.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSan Francisco to Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Our flight from Manila to Guangzhou was 3 hours delayed. Our flight on June 14 from Manila to Guangzhou was supposed to be 8:45am but we left at 11:35am. We arrived in Guangzhou airport at 2:10pm so missed our connecting flight to Vancouver at 2pm. They booked us to the next flight to Vancouver the next day, June 15, 12:50am. I was waiting for any complimentary food or hotel that they will offer. We waited for almost 11 hours. I asked the girl who did the booking if they have a comfortable place stay for us but she just said just stay inside the airport. She did not even offer a food voucher or anything for the rest of the hours that will wait for our flight. Even the free wifi in the airport is very limited. We will never book in this airline again.
RouteManila to Vancouver via Guangzhou

"hardware was so so"

(China)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to GuangZhou. I was traveled in economy class and the service was wonderful but the hardware was so so. The crew was nice and speak good English. I saw them keep cleaning the toilets and after the meal she came to the cabin and picked the litter from the floor. But the wifi was like a joke. I was told there was a limit of the passengers of economy class to access the wifi. It's not steady and speedy.
RouteMelbourne to GuangZhou

"Great service"

(China)

Trip Verified | Wuhan to Rome. Great service from start to finish. The crew on the first leg were the most friendly and cheerful I've had on a flight even on a full flight and through very uncomfortable turbulence. The seats were good a little painful after 11 hours but the leg room (which is usually a major discomfort for me) was good for economy. Food was good not great but better than most.
RouteWuhan to Rome

"A very pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | New York to Kunming via Guangzhou. A very pleasant flight. The seats were overall pretty decent and the food was not bad. The best part were the attentive and professional cabin crew. I had an issue with my screen and it was fixed immediately. Probably one of the best solo flights I have ever had. The airline has great people working for it.
RouteNew York to Kunming via Guangzhou

"a high quality service"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Auckland with China Southern. I have been flying with this airline frequently over the years and they continue to provide a high quality service. Service staff were highly attentive, considerate and kind during the flight, welcoming us with warm smiles, providing snacks, asking if we were comfortable, helping with luggage and going far above and beyond the necessary service. I was able to sleep soundly on this long-distance flight.
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownJune 2018

"get priorities from them"

(China)

Trip Verified | Changsha to Beijing yesterday. Since I am a gold member of China Southern Airlines, I usually get priorities from them. The staff in Changsha arranged a front seat near the window for me in advance. The airport in Changsha is much bigger and modernized. Compare to last time I’ve been here, I can see self-check equipment everywhere. Everything was managed meticulously except the flight was delayed by the weather for half an hour. I will recommend China Southern Airlines.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteChangsha to Beijing

"the FAs were faultless"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Hanoi via Guangzhou. The first leg was longhaul and deserves 10/10 on a smart designed A330 business class cabin in a 1-2-1 configuration with very narrow aisles. FAs and care was excellent. FA extremely caring and humble but proactive throughout and even bowed and kneeled for the passengers. Champagne and wines resemble those offered at 5 start airlines. Food, menus, winelists, amenity kits, and IFE provided several options and were all good or even close to perfect. Highly responsive large touch screens supplied with with noise cancelling headsets. Ground staff were excellent at check-in and even at transit they were waiting for me to ensure that I did not miss my next connection which only had a 65 Minutes time slip. Both flights on time. Airport in Guangzhou is well functioning and quick to pass or transit in. Good lounges in Dubai and Guangzhou. The 2nd leg only deserves 6/10 despite the FAs were faultless. The poor hardware on 2nd flight appeared with very cramped business seats in a single front row on an A319 aircraft. Food were modest and drinks were very limited (only beer and water). Seats were nice.I was the sole passenger in business and they have loaded 4 cans of beer for me (Warsteiner and Tsingtao). Food mediocre, but edible. Average score becomes below 9 due to the poor provision on the second leg. On a similar route with Cathay I have had much better experience in economy class.
AircraftA330 / A319
RouteDubai to Hanoi via Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2018

"service onboard was exceptional"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guangzhou. The service onboard this flight was exceptional. The air hostesses were very caring and service oriented. They walked down the aisle almost every hour with water and other beverages asking anyone awake if they wanted something to drink. The were smiling and seemed to be enjoying their jobs. The thing they need to work on is their ground presence. They need to have their staff available for assistance inside security at LAX at least 3 hours before boarding. For passengers connecting at LAX, it was very worrisome to not find any signs of China Southern Airlines at all inside the connecting area. No one even seemed to know which gate they operated from. Even the airport information staff seemed to have no idea that this airlines even operated from LAX. When their staff finally arrived after gate announcement, it was chaotic as too many people needed assistance and the lines were very long. When I finally saw an agent, it was too late. They said they did not have enough time to locate and re-tag my luggage to final destination. As a result, I had to collect and drag my suitcases during my layover.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2018

"The crew was very good"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Vancouver via Guangzhou. The crew was very good and tried very hard to make sure all of my needs were met. The seat was comfortable and functional. Everything on the entertainment system functioned well.
RouteSingapore to Vancouver via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review