Cathay Pacific Airways

"food was pretty good"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I took a midnight flight with Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong to London Heathrow which was very full. I was able to change my seat after boarding as the USB plug on my initial seat was not working. The food was pretty good. I was impressed they served desserts twice during dinner and snack time. IFE was with a very wide range of movies which were very new. Seats on 777 were quite fair but I was really impressed with the very sensitive IFE screen.
RouteHong Kong to London Heathrow
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Service very poor"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Sydney via Hong kong. I can only echo other reviews. Service very poor. Towards the end of the flight I felt ill and pressed my button for service 3 Times. Once was acknowledged and promised but no soda water and twice I was ignored. It was only when I reported it strongly that the service manager gave me assistance. Insisting I used the economy toilet which was disgusting this did not help. We were served economy meals which were uneatable (apart from the piece of chocolate). I would not recommend this premium service, premium it isn’t.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManchester to Sydney via Hong Kong
Date FlownDecember 2017

"flights were really pleasant"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Seoul via Hong Kong. The flights were really pleasant. Starting off with the ground crew at FRA airport who were nice and helpful. Cabin crew was incredible on all flights. The food from HKG to ICN was pretty bad, on the other flights it was good! Would recommend the airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Seoul via Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"like the Cathay Pacific service"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Kansai to Taipei. This flight a long haul type seat which was 1-2-1 layout. This seat was super comfortable. Also the main course, beef was juicy and tender. I really like the Cathay Pacific service, very efficient and professional. The headphone they offered was really nice.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteKansai to Taipei

"The service was nice"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Taipei. This was an excellent flight. The service was nice and detail to every small things. Although it was short haul flight they offer Krug on this flight and Bose noise cancelling headphone set. The main course pork chop was really nice and so did the dessert.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteHong Kong to Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2017

"good catering service"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Cathay Pacific offered good catering service on this flight. The lamb chop was tender and juicy. Also the champagne was really nice. The drink list was attractive. The cabin crew service was very professional. Although the seat in this flight was the regional type, but it was still really comfortable.
RouteTaipei to Kansai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Friendly staff on board"

Trip Verified | Positifs : Personnel sympathiques à bord, repas très correct et nous sommes partis à l'heure. Négatif : Sièges durs et peu confortable. Heureusement le vol ne durait que 3 heures. Plus que ça, ça aurait été très désagréable. C'est la première fois que j'ai un siège aussi dur. - Positives: Friendly staff on board, very decent meal and we left on time. Negative: Hard seats and uncomfortable. Fortunately the flight lasted only 3 hours. More than that, it would have been very unpleasant. This is the first time I have a seat so hard.
RouteHong Kong to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2017

"it is not worth it"

Trip Verified | Paid considerably extra for Premium Economy ticket. Seating comfort and inflight entertainment system is fine but still compromised when seat in front is reclined. That's it. That is all you get extra for the big price difference between economy and so called premium economy. Extra inflight services and attention from cabin crew non existent. Not offered a single service of any kind throughout the trip apart from the regular meals. On one occasion tray was removed without offer of tea or coffee. Ran out of dishes on the menu offered economy meal instead which was terrible. Have seen better inflight service on a package holiday flight. Lesson learned - Do not fly Premium Economy, it is not worth it. Would not recommend this airline to anyone.
AircraftA350-900 & Boeing 777
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManchester to Sydney via Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2017

"would not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Chennai via Hong Kong. The flight was on time. The inflight service was average. I had a wheelchair request when the tickets were booked (at the airline website) and still, I did not get it for my connection flight at Hong Kong. It was a pathetic situation as there was more than 10 passengers waiting and finally one service person comes with a single wheelchair, collects our hand luggage and walks us to the Gate of the connecting flight. After walking, my knee was swollen and I could not walk upon landing at my destination. I had faced the same problem when I came from Chennai to Los Angeles and wanted to be better this time. No change. Even worse is the assistance you get at Hong Kong don't even speak English. I am not sure how and why? I am also not sure if this is some kind of step-motherly treatment. Long time ago this airline used to be good. I would not recommend this airline. Typical attitude. Very unfortunate.
RouteLos Angeles to Chennai via Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2017

"worst airline I have ever been on"

Trip Verified | Bali to Gatwick via Hong Kong. This airline has to be the worst airline I have ever been on. The cabin crew spoilt the journey for me and my partner. They were rude, miserable and uninterested. You did not see any crew apart from when it was meal time which was so disorganised. If you wanted another drink apart from your meal one you had to get up and walk to the back where all of them were standing around chatting and laughing to ask them for one but only a small amount of water was offered. I tried to be helpful with our dinner trays and was told not to do it again as it was not helpful! When I was putting my hand luggage up in the locker a stewardess barged past me making me fall into the seats. The list goes on and on. I think it says something about the airlines attitude to their passengers, that only first class and premier fliers are welcomed onto the plane in your PA announcements. I would guess that economy passengers make far more income for the airline as a whole and maybe you should consider treating them with a little more respect.
RouteBali to Gatwick via Hong Kong