Cathay Pacific Airways

"a brand spanking new Airbus"

Trip Verified | Flew Manila to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific Airways. This was a brand spanking new Airbus. The seats were new and very comfortable and the Flight Attendants were extremely helpful. The food was excellent and overall this was a nice experience for a short flight.
RouteManila to Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2018

"Ultimately lodged a complaint"

Trip Verified | Overnight flight from Delhi to Hong Kong. A cabin crew was recklessly moving the meal trolley by hitting my seat arm rest and spilled a glass of coke on myself. She didn't attempt to do any damage control except some tissue paper on me. Wanted to speak to a manger but she brought in another colleague who offered no real help. Ultimately lodged a complaint via CX web site but their complaint handling process wasn't up to scratch either.
RouteDelhi to Hong Kong

"Food was very good"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to San Francisco. I had a 3hrs transit in HKG, I came from MNL. Boarding was very messy, I wasn’t expecting that we have another security check when boarding the plane. Food was very good, but it’s super hot. Desserts were given after the main course. Snacks were complementary, you can have snacks anytime throughout the flight. The inflight entertainment system of Cathay is the best for me because of its content, I pushed the flight attendant button for the Snacks, the FA was already in my row, after a second I pushed the button. The A350 is an excellent choice for a long haul flight! 2hrs before we land we had breakfast, the food in Economy was the best food i’ve ever had with Cathay. Landed in SF earlier than expected arrival time.
RouteHong Kong to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2018

"check in staff quite rude"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Beijing via Hong Kong. Sydney check in staff was quite rude. Overall flight was great. My transfer in HKIA was less than 40 min but HKIA airport made it. I managed to get the luggage in Beijing in my flight which was kind of miracle to myself.
RouteSydney to Beijing via Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"A350 is a very good plane"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Hong Kong. It’s my 1st time flying Cathay Pacific. The flight to Hong Kong was a little bit delayed because the aircraft came about 30 mins before our scheduled boarding time, A350 is a very good plane! Boarding was so messy, unorganized. Only a burrito was given and a cookie, I was expecting that they’re gonna serve us a full meal, for short haul flight, but IFE was good. Flight attendants were not so nice, they are not even greeting the passengers, when we’re boarding.
RouteManila to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2018

"Cabin crew were pleasant"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Toronto via Hong Kong. Catering was better from my previous trips with the airline. However, on the Hong Kong to Toronto sector, the second meal service was served midflight, instead of prior to arrival. Cabin crew were pleasant on both flights with a positive attitude. Drinks came about every hour or so on the Hong Kong to Toronto sector, and the galley was stocked with drinks and snacks. Both flights departed on time and arrived their respective destinations ahead of schedule. Although my recent experiences with the airline have been relatively inconsistent (see my previous reviews), I would choose Cathay over competitors at the same price point.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteBangkok to Toronto via Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2018

"crew efficient and polite"

Trip Verified | Denpasar Bali to Hong Kong on a Boeing 777. We were lucky that for this sector we had the long haul business class rather than the regional business class configuration so 1-2-1 with flat beds. Lounge at Bali Airport is the Premier Lounge, which was very crowded and quite hot, luckily the flight was on time. Boarding was a bit confused as economy passengers were directed down the business air gate and business passengers down the economy one. Food was ok, I chose the Indonesian Spiced Chicken which was reasonable. Cabin crew efficient and polite.
RouteDenpasar Bali to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2018

"Service was as usual very good"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Denpasar Bali in a Boeing 777. The configuration was the regional 2-3-2, which was quite old and tired. The seat arrangement is Ok for a short flight of 4 hours and I managed to get up to use the rest room without disturbing my wife in the aisle seat. Toilets were not that clean. Service was as usual very good. Lamb Redang as a main course was very tasty. In-flight entertainment was ok, but the screen quality was poor. The flight departed and arrived on time.
RouteHong Kong to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownApril 2018

" A350 significantly quieter"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Hong Kong on the new A350. Lovely flight, this plane is such an improvement over the 777 that Cathay fly from LHR. Comfort wise there is not much to chose but the A350 is significantly quieter, which makes for a restful journey. Cabin crew excellent and service just right. Food choices were good and I enjoyed the three cup chicken, which was tasty and moist. Film selection varied, with some good recent releases. Flight landed on time. Only criticism is Cathay use the No 1 lounge at Gatwick, just a shame they don't share the BA lounge, which is better.
RouteGatwick to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2018

"I was suitably impressed"

Trip Verified | This was the CX754 from Bangkok to Hong Kong taking off around mid-day. There were two distinctive features about this flight, at least as far as I was concerned. The first is that I hadn't previously flown on the A350 and I must say that I was suitably impressed. Cabin design excellent with spacious overhead lockers, decent sized toilets (no dedicated PE one but it didn't matter) and best of all vastly improved PE seating, both more comfortable and better leg-room than the 777, at least it felt that way. More 350s please! The one downside on this trip is that they served us economy class food for lunch and it was rubbish. Never complained about PE food before (never had to) but this time I am. One additional point to note is that the back row of PE on both sides overlaps with the economy cabin so be advised.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy