Top 100 Airports

Avianca

"good price and quality"

Havana to London via Bogota with Avianca. Great choice of seats despite the cheap flight for such a long way. Comfortable seats and good onboard entertainment. No delays or issues with luggage. Cabin crew could be more attentive and professional. Food supplied on both flights was ok. Good price and quality.
RouteHAV to LHR via BOG
Date FlownMay 2016

"would recommend this airline"

Liberia to Panama City via San Jose. I flew with Avianca and can say that I would recommend this airline. Sandwiches were even provided on brief flights which I definitely appreciated. No problems with the seats, cabin crew, or wifi. Oddly I had to fly in a bush plane from Liberia to San Jose before connecting to Panama City.
RouteLIR to PTY via SJO
Date FlownAugust 2015

"business class experience good, not great"

Flew JFK-BOG in business then BOG-GRU in economy. Chose Avianca because of attractive fares and Dreamliner aircraft on both legs. The business class experience JFK-BOG was good, not great. Cabin is organised in 1-2-1 herringbone style which is generally great. I found there was no legroom when the seat was in lie flat mode. My feet kept bumping into the enclosure no matter what position I was in, and I'm 5'11". Food was unremarkable, service was indifferent and sporadic - crew disappears for hours at a time. IFE was good but the system was quirky. Very modern but didn't work perfectly. The economy class leg BOG-GRU was a bit better perhaps for economy but service was again unremarkable. Avianca could be great if they paid more attention to detail and the cabin attendants smiled a bit more - this was odd as given the warmth of the Colombian people in general I assumed the national airline would reflect that.
RouteJFK to GRU via BOG
Date FlownJune 2016

"substantial snack was served"

AV481 from San Salvador to Tegucigalpa, on ATR72-600. First time flying Avianca, and on a propeller jet. The flight was almost full, but it was a small plane anyway. No in-flight entertainment, not that any was needed for a short 45 minute flight. Surprisingly a substantial snack was served - a ham roll (or some meat, I cant recall) with a pack of local snack mix and a drink. For such a short flight, it was literally take-off, eat, land. Service was okay. The seat however was not very comfortable, despite the short flight - I felt my back aching after the flight.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteSAL to TGU
Date FlownJune 2016

"never fly Avianca again"

Cusco to Lima. I will never fly with Avianca ever again. First thing that went wrong is they pushed back our flight an hour without telling us. The plane shows up even later then was planned. They then unload the plane in like 15 minutes and loaded us in 20 minutes. As soon as we land in Lima we waited on the plane without a gate or anything for about 30 minutes before they even pull up busses or stairs for us to walk down. Once we take the bus to the baggage claim they tell us that only four bags made it. They lost my bag along with all 20 other people I was flying with as well. The lady that helped me had no idea what she was doing. She told me that United would be dropping my bag off to my house in the United States which they won't do and I will have to drive two hours to the airport to get my bag which avianca lost. Currently on day 4 without my bag. They never even apologized or offered anything for this inconvenience.
RouteCUZ to LIM

"good service provided"

(Spain)

New York to Santiago via Bogota with Avianca. Check in fast, nice staff on the ground. Boarding a bit chaos. On board nice cabin, FA not very friendly, but good service provided. IFE very good. Flight to Bogota on time. Food not very good for business class. Connection in Bogota very fast and easy, recommend for connections in the región. Businees lounge great. Had time for lunch and connect for a bit. Next flight to SCL again on time, and boading chaos again by buses. FA better this time, food for business class not good at all. Comfortable 319 business cabin. Arrival on time.
AircraftA330 / A319
RouteJFK to SCL via BOG
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight itself was pleasant"

(Czech Republic)

Travelled from Panama City to Bogota recently with Avianca. I had to wait 45 minutes for check in and there were only 5 people ahead of me. The counters were understaffed and the staff had a hard time dealing with customers who had excess luggage. The flight itself was pleasant. A free warm snack and drinks were served. Despite being only a 1.5 hour flight each seat had an individual IFE. Announcements were done in Spanish only.
AircraftA 320
RoutePTY to BOG
Date FlownMay 2016

"lose a whole day vacation"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | Due to internal problems of Avianca there was cancellation of our initial flight from Cali to Bogotá and then losing our connecting Avianca flight from Bogota to Havana. We had to travel by another airline and lose a whole day vacation with the impact that generates, without getting compensation from the airline Avianca .
RouteCLO to HAV via BOG
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight attendant was ever present"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | Since I am an Elite member, I was given a free upgrade. The flight was operated by TACA Peru. The quality of service for this relatively short (2:30 h) flight from Cali to Lima was very high: I was greeted by my name by the flight attendant, sparkling wine was offered before the on-time departure and the inflight meal/wine were above the average. The flight attendant was ever present in the cabin. The seat was quite comfortable and in-flight entertainment was good. Return via Bogota on a new B-787 (Avianca operated), spacious and quiet, in economy class, noticing that even in economy the quality of service has approved: a hot meal and wine are served, and in-flight entertainment is good as well. Avianca is still my favorite airline.
AircraftE190
RouteCLO to LIM
Date FlownMay 2016

"employees lack of interest"

Verified Review | New York to Curitiba via Sao Paulo with Avianca. Good food on the plane. The check in employees both in New York and São Paulo helped me twice by making exceptions (letting me go through priority TSA so I wouldn't miss my flight and allowing my international limit on domestic flight.) Cheap tickets. Cons: No communication with passengers beyond check in. Flights are often delayed. (2 out of 3 were at least an hour late). We were not made aware until the departure time. And we had to ask! Lack of following group boarding, it's kind of a free for all. Seats were too tight and uncomfortable on flight from NY to Colombia. Almost felt more like a domestic plane than international. But most disappointing was employees lack of interest or communication.
RouteJFKL to CWB via GRU