Avianca

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

Guayaquil to Bogota to NYC. The flight from Bogotá to New York City was one of the worst business class flights ever. The flight was delayed for over two hours in Bogotá and no one told us why or even that it was delayed. We just sat there. A plane was finally brought to the gate. The business class seats were cramped. We were not offered any refreshments until over an hour and a half into the flight. The stewardesses were very polite but not around a lot. I would never fly Avianca business class again.
RouteGuayaquil to NYC via Bogota

Review by (Bangladesh) 21st July 2015

A good journey. Sao Paolo to Perú cabin staff are excellent. Seat is full flat 180 degrees. Food choice very good. Avianca frequent flyer program is one of best. They give many many option for redeem miles. Like air flight, Hotel, purchase from different country.
AircraftA330-200 / Embraer 190
RouteSao Paulo to Guatemala

Review by (United States) 21st July 2015

I have flown Avianca to and from Guayaquil and always been happy with the service. The staff are friendly and helpful and for the most part my Spanishor lack thereof, has not been a problem. The planes are clean and as comfortable as they ever get in the main cabin, food has been good and I enjoy having something now and then that is more typical of South American food. The one thing that I am not happy about is that I see they have changed their schedule so that my next trip will have to have two stops instead of just the one that I have typically had in San Salvador. It looks like they are now partnering with United and I will have to fly from Chicago to Dallas or Houston and then on to San Salvador and finally to Guayaquil. I am disappointed and would like to see it go back to a one-stop flight.
RouteChicago to Guayaquil via San Salvador

Review by (United States) 19th July 2015

Flight AV 8532 from Bogota to Baranquilla. With my Star Alliance Gold status, I was able to use the business check-in counter, which took less than 1 minute, efficient and pleasant process. They didn't bother to weigh my carry-on like some airlines. I was allowed 1 suitcase (10 kg) plus a small backpack or laptop case. There was no automatic check-in kiosks. Star Alliance Gold passengers can access the lounge for free-a nice feature. The flight departs on time. The A321 is in excellent shape, clean and well-kept, including IFE with dozens of programs at every seat even on short domestic flights. Nice leather seats. Seat pitch is reasonable. Flight attendants look sharp and professional. On this short domestic flight, refreshment is coffee or juices. I paid about $80 for a one-way one hour flight with a 7-day advance purchase.
Cabin FlownEconomy
RouteBogota (BOG) to Baranquilla (BAQ)

Review by (United States) 19th July 2015

Flight AV 9307 from Medellin to Bogota. With my Star Alliance Gold status, I was able to use the business check-in counter, which took less than 1 minute, efficient and pleasant process. They didn't bother to weigh my carry-on like some airlines. I was allowed 1 suitcase (10 kg) plus a small backpack or laptop case. There was no automatic check-in kiosks. Star Alliance Gold passengers can access the lounge for free-a nice feature. The flight departs on time. I thought the aircraft A319 would be an antique. I was wrong. The A319 is in excellent shape, clean and well-kept, including IFE with dozens of programs at every seat even on short domestic flights. Nice leather seats. Seat pitch is reasonable. Flight attendants look sharp and professional. On this short domestic flight, refreshment is coffee or juices. I paid about $80 for a one-way one hour flight with a 7-day advance purchase. A very pleasant experience. Highly recommended.
RouteMDE to BOG

Review by (United States) 19th July 2015

Flight AV 9761 from Baranquilla to Medellin. My first flight ever on Avianca. With my Star Alliance Gold status, I was able to use the business check-in counter, which took less than 1 minute. There was no automatic check-in kiosks. The flight departs on time. Their A320 is in excellent shape, clean and well-kept, including IFE with dozens of programs at every seat even on short domestic flights. Nice leather seats. Seat pitch is reasonable. Flight attendants look sharp and professional. On this short domestic flight, refreshment is coffee or juices. I paid about $80 for a one-way one hour flight with a 7-day advance purchase.
RouteBAQ to MDE

Review by (Bangladesh) 28th June 2015

It was a new aircraft and very good interior. Cabin staff are gentle and polite. But the food option was not much. All over Avianca is a good airline, and I enjoyed my journey by Avianca.
RouteBogota to Sao Paulo

Review by (Canada) 26th June 2015

They changed our flight times days before we were supposed to depart, and would not accommodate us switching our flight because the new times did not work with our travel arrangements. The check in counters were not open when we arrived at the airport, and when they did open the self-checkout "helper" had no idea how to help us and sent us to a counter. My traveling companion was told that she had a standby seat, even though we booked months in advance. It took the staff 30 minutes to figure out how to get her a seat, and instead of reassuring us they were flirting and chatting the whole time. Even though we booked our flight together, we were not seated together and when I asked to switch seats the staff very rudely told me no, that the flight was full, too bad. We had heard of an exit refund for passengers flying out of Colombia, but when we asked several staff members they pretended they didn't understand even though they had been speaking English to us seconds earlier. Avianca is unprofessional, staff are rude and they have some serious organizational issues.
RouteBOG to YYZ via EL Salvador

Review by (Canada) 31st May 2015

My flight was Bogota - Santa Marta and besides a delayed that was handled by friendly and useful staff I did not experience any issues. The aircraft was brand new with plenty of room for carry-on and legs. I strongly recommend this company.

Review by (Chile) 25th May 2015

Flew Biz Class on flight #625 LIM-SCL seat 2K. Seat was not comfortable no foot rest and space between rows was tight. Plane was clean. Food was good. Flight attendants were great.