Air Transat

Air Transat customer review

LGW-YYZ-LGW. Flew on A330 with older Club configuration to YYV. I am a large gentleman and found the seats to be more than comfortable. Food was good and the cabin service excellent. Departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule bags were first off the carousel. Return journey on A330 with new Club class was even more comfortable the new seats and PTV are a useful upgrade. Cabin service was again great with very attentive flight attendants. Flight delayed due to weather closing the airport which is out of the airlines control. It was a little confused as we had started to board the flight before the delay was announced. But we were allowed to leave the aircraft and re-board later. Overall a very positive experience my fare was the same as a flights on BA/AC in economy so overall I found Air Transat to offer superb value for money.

Air Transat customer review

BCN to YUL. I did not expect such a high level service from this airline after former experience. It was a real surprise. The director of the flight and all staff were friendly and attentive. The seat was comfortable with excellent leg room the food was nice and the selection of drinks was good and frequent. There were some problems with the entertainment system and a passenger who commented it to FA later was asked if a compensation can be offered to her. Very good value for money and a pleasant experience.

Air Transat customer review

Dublin - Shannon - Toronto and home Toronto - Dublin. Both flights left on time but outbound we stopped in Shannon for approx. 1 hour while the aircraft was cleaned we had to leave the plane and wait in the terminal the only thing that annoyed me was the fact we had to queue again with passports etc. The IFE wasn't great had to buy headsets for the films. Should be a lot better when the aircraft get upgraded. Cabin crew are very good and pleasant for the whole flight glass of wine with meal was nice and plenty of coffee after it we paid extra for our seats 37a 38b on the A330. I'm 6 ft tall and had plenty of room well worth the extra money I would recommend bringing water with you as you have to pay for drinks and only take VISA. I will fly Air Transat again as they offer a direct service to Toronto from Dublin we flew out on a Tuesday and returned on a Tuesday as the A330 was being used and I believe is a nicer aircraft than the A310 which is much older and doesn't have the 2 -4 -2 seating configuration.

Air Transat customer review

Considering their boasting of upgrading the fleet flight I was on was quite disappointing. If you want a half- decent seat or a realistic amount of luggage for an overseas journey or even a headset you'll have to shell out a fair bit more money. If you have to cancel for some reason you won't get any of your ticket or upgrade back. The real notable problem though is the very meagre meal service. For an 8 hour flight the meals are more the size of a snack and certainly not enough. And even if you want to buy something extra unless you have a credit care you're out of luck. The same goes for anything including headphones. The only plus was the staff who were a bit of fresh air amongst this sea of low mediocrity.

Air Transat customer review

Manchester-Toronto-Manchester. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this airline was compared to others I have used. Both flights went well with no delays and very good service. Excellent leg room and friendly cabin crew. Inflight entertainment was poor but I believe this is being upgraded. My one criticism would be the food. I ordered a special meal but there was no record of this on the system when I checked in. I tried to contact Air Transat whilst in Canada but could only get a recorded message telling me that I should have requested this through a travel agent at the time of booking which I had done. A warning to anyone with strict dietary requirements as they state that special meals cannot be guaranteed. Vegetarian options are available as standard however the meals were rather bland and basic.

Air Transat customer review

This airline is getting worse by the minute the flight from Manchester is always late. They can change your flight as and when but you try and make a change and there is a charge or nothing they can do. I am so sorry there is no other airline that does direct to Birmingham or Manchester as I would use them instead.

Air Transat customer review

TS255 Manchester-Vancouver 19th May - old plane no individual video screens but there was more leg room than on other long haul flights we have made recently. We were 1.5 hours into our flight before we were offered a drink. Food was the worst inedible rubbish I have ever been offered on a flight no polite words can describe what it taste like just as well I wasn't hungry. Awful selection of inflight videos.

Air Transat customer review

Worst airline I've flown with in a long time cheap yes but for long haul (Gatwick to Vancouver) I'd prefer to pay the extra. Food inedible I didn't have a credit card so was not able to purchase any drinks or better food (cash is not accepted) entertainment was a tiny overhead monitor every 10 or so rows which I couldn't listen to because again you needed a credit card to purchase headphones. Toilet with baby change was broken on my side of the plane and the aisle to cross over was blocked by an elastic strip so I had to walk all the way to the back of the plane and back around to change my child. Also silly rules about weight allowance distribution and general lack of help for mums travelling alone with children. Not impressed.

Air Transat customer review

Manchester - Vancouver 8 June 2012 and Vancouver - Manchester 24 June 2012. Outward flight just about tolerable. Seats very narrow and very narrow gangways with 3+3+3 across an Airbus. Food what you'd expect on a cheap (ish) flight. Coming back was horrible. Arrived at Vancouver airport 2.5 hours before departure to find check-in queue already 100 metres long. Inadequate number of check-in desks trying to deal with 3 separate flights. Queue moved 10 metres in 40 minutes but then a bit quicker. Concern mounting everywhere that we would be denied boarding or that flight would be seriously delayed. No announcements no staff on hand to explain - general couldn't-care-less attitude. Asked to see check-in supervisor but she declined to appear. Finally we arrived at check-in after 90 minutes standing in the queue and saw that they had opened more desks. Further 30 minutes standing for security and we headed straight for departure lounge to find them already boarding. Miraculously flight left on time but a lot more could have been done to soothe angry passengers. Once aboard cabin crew on this flight completely cackhanded. Man next to us had chicken dinner tipped into his lap. I was hit by passing trolley at least six times because my arm was about 10 mm over the edge of the arm rest (I am 1.82 m tall and weigh 80 kg). Tonic water went down narrowly missing me but wetting floor all around. Night flight over the arctic but windows kept up all the way so no sleep possible. No long-haul flight in economy is really pleasant but this was the worst I have experienced. Schedules of this return flight were changed three times in months and weeks prior to departure. No explanation ever offered contrary to their conditions of carriage.

Air Transat customer review

My 2 daughters and I from Toronto to Venice and back from Barcelona to Toronto. We did not upgrade and had great seats together to Venice. The personnel were very friendly and the service was very good. I was expecting much less and was pleasantly surprised. The food was average and a glass of wine was included. Also they were very attentive. The flight back from Barcelona was a little less comfortable as we were in row 7 by a window but the "Window" was solid at that row and jutted out a bit but the flight was so smooth and the service great that it made up for it. we just switched places a couple of times during the flight. I would definitely fly Air Transat again!