Air Transat

Air Transat customer review

Travelled to Toronto club class on A310 from Glasgow in June. Check in priority boarding and all services on board were excellent. Pre-ordered meals were what I ordered as was cabin service with friendly staff. Seating was comfortable with plenty of leg room. Can't wait to try new cabin in the future.

Air Transat customer review

Glasgow to Toronto Return. Far better than expected. As a long term back pain sufferer I never travel any distance unless I have to. However I found this flight far more comfortable than any of the short distance flights I've taken flying from Glasgow to London the Midlands or Exeter. On this flight I walked away almost pain free. Most seats are in a 3+3+3 configuration which gives a very narrow aisle. I was careful to book an aisle seat in the rear of the cabin with its 2+3+2 configuration giving more space. The in-flight films were a bit naff but who cares. Take your own earphones if you want to watch the films. The meals were small and basic but again so what as long as the seats are good. If you want to buy anything you need a credit card as they don't take cash. A slight criticism was that I didn't realise that soft drinks were free until the return flight. Staff don't make that clear.

Air Transat customer review

LGW-YYZ-LGW. Flew on A330 with older Club configuration to YYV. I am a large gentleman and found the seats to be more than comfortable. Food was good and the cabin service excellent. Departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule bags were first off the carousel. Return journey on A330 with new Club class was even more comfortable the new seats and PTV are a useful upgrade. Cabin service was again great with very attentive flight attendants. Flight delayed due to weather closing the airport which is out of the airlines control. It was a little confused as we had started to board the flight before the delay was announced. But we were allowed to leave the aircraft and re-board later. Overall a very positive experience my fare was the same as a flights on BA/AC in economy so overall I found Air Transat to offer superb value for money.

Air Transat customer review

BCN to YUL. I did not expect such a high level service from this airline after former experience. It was a real surprise. The director of the flight and all staff were friendly and attentive. The seat was comfortable with excellent leg room the food was nice and the selection of drinks was good and frequent. There were some problems with the entertainment system and a passenger who commented it to FA later was asked if a compensation can be offered to her. Very good value for money and a pleasant experience.

Air Transat customer review

Dublin - Shannon - Toronto and home Toronto - Dublin. Both flights left on time but outbound we stopped in Shannon for approx. 1 hour while the aircraft was cleaned we had to leave the plane and wait in the terminal the only thing that annoyed me was the fact we had to queue again with passports etc. The IFE wasn't great had to buy headsets for the films. Should be a lot better when the aircraft get upgraded. Cabin crew are very good and pleasant for the whole flight glass of wine with meal was nice and plenty of coffee after it we paid extra for our seats 37a 38b on the A330. I'm 6 ft tall and had plenty of room well worth the extra money I would recommend bringing water with you as you have to pay for drinks and only take VISA. I will fly Air Transat again as they offer a direct service to Toronto from Dublin we flew out on a Tuesday and returned on a Tuesday as the A330 was being used and I believe is a nicer aircraft than the A310 which is much older and doesn't have the 2 -4 -2 seating configuration.

Air Transat customer review

Considering their boasting of upgrading the fleet flight I was on was quite disappointing. If you want a half- decent seat or a realistic amount of luggage for an overseas journey or even a headset you'll have to shell out a fair bit more money. If you have to cancel for some reason you won't get any of your ticket or upgrade back. The real notable problem though is the very meagre meal service. For an 8 hour flight the meals are more the size of a snack and certainly not enough. And even if you want to buy something extra unless you have a credit care you're out of luck. The same goes for anything including headphones. The only plus was the staff who were a bit of fresh air amongst this sea of low mediocrity.

Air Transat customer review

Manchester-Toronto-Manchester. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this airline was compared to others I have used. Both flights went well with no delays and very good service. Excellent leg room and friendly cabin crew. Inflight entertainment was poor but I believe this is being upgraded. My one criticism would be the food. I ordered a special meal but there was no record of this on the system when I checked in. I tried to contact Air Transat whilst in Canada but could only get a recorded message telling me that I should have requested this through a travel agent at the time of booking which I had done. A warning to anyone with strict dietary requirements as they state that special meals cannot be guaranteed. Vegetarian options are available as standard however the meals were rather bland and basic.

Air Transat customer review

This airline is getting worse by the minute the flight from Manchester is always late. They can change your flight as and when but you try and make a change and there is a charge or nothing they can do. I am so sorry there is no other airline that does direct to Birmingham or Manchester as I would use them instead.

Air Transat customer review

TS255 Manchester-Vancouver 19th May - old plane no individual video screens but there was more leg room than on other long haul flights we have made recently. We were 1.5 hours into our flight before we were offered a drink. Food was the worst inedible rubbish I have ever been offered on a flight no polite words can describe what it taste like just as well I wasn't hungry. Awful selection of inflight videos.

Air Transat customer review

Worst airline I've flown with in a long time cheap yes but for long haul (Gatwick to Vancouver) I'd prefer to pay the extra. Food inedible I didn't have a credit card so was not able to purchase any drinks or better food (cash is not accepted) entertainment was a tiny overhead monitor every 10 or so rows which I couldn't listen to because again you needed a credit card to purchase headphones. Toilet with baby change was broken on my side of the plane and the aisle to cross over was blocked by an elastic strip so I had to walk all the way to the back of the plane and back around to change my child. Also silly rules about weight allowance distribution and general lack of help for mums travelling alone with children. Not impressed.