Air Transat

Air Transat customer review

Flew Club class Manchester to Toronto. Difficult to fault. Smooth instant check in comfortable seat with plenty of room and pleasant flight staff. Food was plentiful and good as we're the drinks. Only niggle was that there was no choice of meal as only one was left by the time we were served. Didn't really matter as what we got was good. Landed on time and luggage first off as promised. I recommend this airline without hesitation if choosing club class.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

(Spain)

Madrid to Montreal and then back from Toronto in August. Bought Option Plus but we were upgraded free to Club both ways. Club is really a "quality economy" in-flight service with a bigger seat. Slightly annoying IFS schedule on the way back - with a cold snack served something like 90 mins after take off making a decent block of sleeping hours impossible which is a killer on a transatlantic flight leaving at 11pm. Breakfast was surprisingly good however and rather well done although the airline doesn't seem keen on serving bread rolls. Complimentary drinks were a little thin on the ground on the return but staff were approachable and attentive both ways. Seating if a bit tired was fine too with good space. Never bother with IFE but it looked basic - overhead screens and that's that. Check-in via priority desk was instant outbound all went to time return delayed for an hour thanks to an unexplained non-existent plane. Luggage (tagged priority) came through very quickly at both Montreal and MAD T1.

Air Transat customer review

Flight on time old A310 seating very cramped no AVOD. Food quite poor service from crew OK but nothing more. Price of ticket not cheap but direct flight from YUL to LIS makes this service bearable and with some value.

Air Transat customer review

We travelled from Birmingham to Toronto in May in Club Class. The flight out was very good but on return the service was very poor. When the staff got to us they had run out of food options and we were told we only had the vegetarian option available. The attitude of the cabin crew was almost insulting and we told them so at the end of the flight.

Air Transat customer review

LGW-YYZ YYZ-LGW Staff were rude especially at the boarding gate. Flight was full very cramped and staff only came round at meal times to offer drinks there were no other drinks offered and the food was terrible. I was not satisfied with the service so will not fly with them again.

Air Transat customer review

LGW-YYZ Non stop flight on Airbus 310. Very long walk to airport check in from entrance. Initially I was unable to find check in desks. After about 10 minutes of looking around I notice a sign pointing to a back corridor. Check in was fast and efficient. My bag was 2kgs over but the agent did not charge me. Flight departed late but the pilot made up time in air. Flight was full except for a few open seats. About an hour in the air we were provided with a complementary meal and non-alcoholic drink. Every so often the flight attendants came around with water tea and coffee. Since this was one of their older aircraft there was TVs every few rows. I did not like any of the inflight movies so I read my book instead. Overall I was satisfied with the service I received. Will use them again in the future.

Air Transat customer review

This summer flew Frankfurt to Calgary in economy on the new A330 and it was a real pleasure. Comfortable seats more leg room and the personal LED screens and entertainment available was excellent. The new cabin lighting was soothing. I've travelled Air Transat many times on their older aircraft's - very cramped and just ok. I will definitely fly with them on long hauls again as long as its on the new planes!

Air Transat customer review

MAN-YYZ return. Offered vouchers as overbooked on outward journey (Manchester to Toronto). Were told that they are frequently overbooked and look for volunteers to go a different day. Refused and checked in regardless. Airbus A330 both ways but not the same plane set up. MAN to YYZ - leather seats but no IFE. Good food and cheery cabin crew. Check-in line was long but moved swiftly. YYZ to MAN - Ridiculous check-in line with flights to Paris and Frankfurt also in same line (Why?) very very poor elderly looking plane needed refurbishing seats at the end of their life span. Ran out of food by my seat (43F). Both ways on time YYZ to MAN actually arrived ahead of time but was forced to wait for an airbridge. Only airline flying MAN to YYZ but aircraft both ways needed updating.

Air Transat customer review

Travelled in club class Gatwick to Vancouver on old plane had big reclining seats so legroom was great. Entertainment poor made to watch a single overhead screen showing kids movies - tedious for 9 hr flight. Club class on return trip in the newly refurbished air bus. Modern design of seats meant that although they were fairly big they do not recline! They sort of slouch forwards. I'm 6ft 3 and had a really uncomfortable trip knees and shins on the seat in front. British Airways premium economy next time for me.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Air Transat customer review

Flew from Toronto to Gatwick and back. Airbus A330 plane - small uncomfortable seats no individual entertainment system. The airline makes you pay to use blanket or headphone. Had a very noisy rugby team flying to London along with us whose antics added to my woes. As a vegetarian I got the exact same tasteless bland food while going and coming back. When I checked in at Gatwick for my return flight the lady at the counter surprised me by saying that only 5 kg of baggage was allowed as a handbag and that my shoulder bag now counted as an extra cabin baggage - a clear ploy to earn extra money. So my total cabin baggage now weighed in excess of 5 kg. So what did I do. I took out my jacket and put it on took out my e- reader and lo behold - my baggage now weighed less than 5 kg. So I was let in without paying any extra. All this hassle in addition to the fact that Gatwick is almost an hour long commute from central London which adds to your travel time especially when you have to catch an early morning flight.