Air Transat

Air Transat customer review

MAN-YYZ return. Offered vouchers as overbooked on outward journey (Manchester to Toronto). Were told that they are frequently overbooked and look for volunteers to go a different day. Refused and checked in regardless. Airbus A330 both ways but not the same plane set up. MAN to YYZ - leather seats but no IFE. Good food and cheery cabin crew. Check-in line was long but moved swiftly. YYZ to MAN - Ridiculous check-in line with flights to Paris and Frankfurt also in same line (Why?) very very poor elderly looking plane needed refurbishing seats at the end of their life span. Ran out of food by my seat (43F). Both ways on time YYZ to MAN actually arrived ahead of time but was forced to wait for an airbridge. Only airline flying MAN to YYZ but aircraft both ways needed updating.

Air Transat customer review

Travelled in club class Gatwick to Vancouver on old plane had big reclining seats so legroom was great. Entertainment poor made to watch a single overhead screen showing kids movies - tedious for 9 hr flight. Club class on return trip in the newly refurbished air bus. Modern design of seats meant that although they were fairly big they do not recline! They sort of slouch forwards. I'm 6ft 3 and had a really uncomfortable trip knees and shins on the seat in front. British Airways premium economy next time for me.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Air Transat customer review

Flew from Toronto to Gatwick and back. Airbus A330 plane - small uncomfortable seats no individual entertainment system. The airline makes you pay to use blanket or headphone. Had a very noisy rugby team flying to London along with us whose antics added to my woes. As a vegetarian I got the exact same tasteless bland food while going and coming back. When I checked in at Gatwick for my return flight the lady at the counter surprised me by saying that only 5 kg of baggage was allowed as a handbag and that my shoulder bag now counted as an extra cabin baggage - a clear ploy to earn extra money. So my total cabin baggage now weighed in excess of 5 kg. So what did I do. I took out my jacket and put it on took out my e- reader and lo behold - my baggage now weighed less than 5 kg. So I was let in without paying any extra. All this hassle in addition to the fact that Gatwick is almost an hour long commute from central London which adds to your travel time especially when you have to catch an early morning flight.

Air Transat customer review

Flew Toronto to Cancun Aug 19 return on the 26th. Seats were very uncomfortable. They advertise a good seat pitch which is true however the width is terrible. There was something very uncomfortable about the angle of the seat. The value of the ticket was not worth it. Back to Air Canada or Westjet for me. Food was tiny portions and not very good even though it was free. Only one movie on an overhead screen is that not flying in the 90's? The airbus 310 was ancient both ways and showed it. Staff did not hand out Mexican immigration forms that caused a great deal of lost time for all 250 people on board at the airport. Every other airline I have flown on gives all the forms needed.

Air Transat customer review

Big difference between Club and economy. Club does not cost much and it is really similar to premium economy on other airlines but it really is worth it. This was on an aged 310 from Manchester to Toronto. We could not get club on the outward leg but did for the return. Huge difference in comfort and attention: the upgrade was only some £97 each! I am 6'2 and was very uncomfortable on the back: very comfortable in the front given the extra baggage food drink and good service the upgrade is tremendous value.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Air Transat customer review

From Gatwick to Toronto then Toronto to Gatwick. On the flight from Gatwick to Toronto there was a change in planes after we bought the tickets and because of this had two different sets of seat numbers staff at boarding were helpful during this. Flight was enjoyable but after we left the gate the pilot said that the entertainment system didn't work so for the first 4 hours of the flight there was nothing to do after they got the entertainment system to work there was a very poor selection of movies. TV screens are 10 rows apart and no individual screens. The food was inedible. The flight was delayed but we arrived in Toronto early. Now from Toronto to Gatwick to begin with we checked in staff seemed very friendly but didn't quite know what they were doing we stood at the check in for 10 minutes while the woman serving was talking to another member of staff. We took off because it was a night take off the lights went off then the reading lights began to have a mind of there own going on and off flickering on and off. It was about 1 hour into the flight before we were offered a drink the food was even worse this time. It was impossible to sleep as the staff come around every half an hour to offer you something. Then the lights went out and it was pitch black in the cabin until we landed the reading lights worked just then landing the lights came on and flickered on and off until we got to the gate. We waited half an hour to get off the plane when we got to the gate. Then the real fun began Air Transat had lost out luggage and we are still waiting for the bags. Other times I have flown with Air Transat we have had no problems. I would not recommend them anymore.

Air Transat customer review

Vancouver-Gatwick-Vancouver - The phrase "You get what you pay for " is right on the money for this airline. I am a small person and I felt very uncomfortable on this flight. My leg was touching the back of the seat in front of me. I wonder about those people that is 5'5 and above? The check in agent at YVR are the worst I asked if we were flying on the refurbished aircraft where you have your own TV the agent told me " I don't know. I know it's an Airbus". This airline is really strict about check in and carry on baggage. Carry on max is 5KG and min was 6KG and the agent is telling me that I need to pay extra $45 so I just told them that my laptop is in there as well and he let it go. The food was awful. I am however impressed by the flight attendants. They seem really nice and smiles all around. Bring your own food water and entertainment. Do not get an Aisle seat as you will not have a peaceful flight. Pay extra $200 and fly other airline.

Air Transat customer review

Round Trip Toronto to Paris. Paid upgrade for seats in front economy class. Plane very dirty both ways no inflight entertainment ie: movie. Have taken many international flights most economy a few business and have never been on one where you did not have at least 1 or 2 movies plus other entertainment. The cost of AIR Transit was not any less than the other flights. I at least expect the plane to be a little cleaner and not smell like the toilets. Meals were also very marginal. Will never take again nor recommend to my friends or family. Bad trip.

Air Transat customer review

I took a flight from Dublin to Toronto with Air Transat over the summer. This is my fourth year in a row with the company and they never fail to disappoint. Staff are friendly and the aircraft spotless. Definitely value for money.

Air Transat customer review

Vancouver to Frankfurt. Even cabin staff were commenting on how narrow the aisles were. I am a large person but have never been so uncomfortable in an airline seat. The air-conditioning was on all the time and the blankets that they had were for sale and I just refuse to pay for things that should be included on a transatlantic flight. Staff were so busy trying to sell us stuff that they had no time to just attend to people's needs in the cabin. It was impossible to move because there was no way to stand up without being in someone's view of the overhead TV screens or bumping into the duty free cart. On a 12 hour flight it should be possible to stretch your legs once in a while. It's unhealthy to sit so long. No mention of the special meal I requested. I guess you get what you pay for. Although the flight came to almost $1100 at least $600 was taxes so I should have expected poor service!