Air Transat

Air Transat customer review

Staff and food was great very comfortable nice amenities pack. The 310's are definitely old and tired looking but the Airbus 330 club class was the new style which was very nice except the TV screen had a mind of it's own and kept doing strange things. They definitely need to fix that. Spacious. Enjoyable flights both ways.

Air Transat customer review

Never even got off the ground. I booked a flight from Manchester to Toronto to travel in September. Back in June the return leg of my flight was cancelled - the airline failed to inform me of this - I only found out when I checked their schedules webpage. I was moved to a flight the next day incurring an additional night's hotel charge. Now they have cancelled my outbound flight as well - again they did not inform me and I found out by checking their webpage. This time I have had enough - cancelled the whole thing and booked with another airline. It's just not worth the hassle.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Air Transat customer review

I booked a direct flight to Greece and back to Toronto. Last minute they informed us that we had to stop in Montreal. After we were at the airport and on the plane - not only was there a stop but we had to change planes as well. If I wanted to book a connection I would have done so. Flight attendants say 'well things happen' well it seems they have been 'happening' on every flight to Greece all summer long. If you pay extra you get a pillow blanket and earphones but get rude treatment for whatever minor request you may have. I can deal with unpleasant food and I'll try to even accept that they use old planes but do not treat me like I am stupid.

Air Transat customer review

It seems all AT flights leave London Gatwick at the same time from their own tiny row of desks in a back corridor which makes it chaotic to say the least especially as there is no online check in available from LGW. On the day we travelled every flight was overbooked so people were being strongly encouraged to accept vouchers and travel later in the week. We were not told at check in as we apparently should have been that due to a catering strike in Toronto the food quality on the flight would be greatly diminished. They weren't wrong - the worst food and the smallest amount I've ever seen. As for the complimentary glass (less than 100ml) of wine with dinner. We ordered an extra snack from the cabin crew which took over 2 hours to appear and the new seat-back video system has very few movies / shows loaded and they're definitely from the bargain shelves of the video rental stores. They've also installed the kit to run the screens underneath your seat so if you're in the habit of occasionally sitting with your feet positioned behind your knees you'll be very uncomfortable. Sometimes needs must but please find the extra and fly with a proper airline.

Air Transat customer review

Amsterdam to Vancouver (10.5 hour flight) with Option Plus upgrade. Travelled with 6 members of family including an infant. Seats were so narrow that the flight was torturous for adults of average size. Attempted to upgrade to Club Class but were told there were only 4 seats available. Once on the plane there were at least 9 empty seats in Club Class. On board service was disorganized and poor. Asked for the baby bassinet 6 times and each time was told "Sorry I forgot". We sat in row 4 (directly behind Club Class) and there was absolutely no ventilation or air-conditioning in this section. All passengers in this section were sweating and overheating. When flight attendants were advised of the uncomfortable temperatures in this section nothing was done. Will never use this carrier again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Air Transat customer review

Manchester-Calgary then Vancouver-MAN. Check in queue outbound acceptable much longer and slower inbound as one queue for all flights with them at YVR. Staff attentive and meal quality and quantity outbound and return fine. Free glass of wine with main meal impressive for a predominantly leisure carrier. Outward the 5kg cabin baggage allowance strictly enforced but not on return leg. Itinerary gave 25kg hold bag allowance but on check in informed was 22kg. Amenity kits and headphones extra charge unless for minors apparently. Price paid less than other carriers at time of booking with the benefit of non stop service ex MAN although non refundable and no changes allowed. Would have no hesitation in using this carrier again and would rate better than some American carriers on transatlantic routes. Limited entertainment options as not AVOD being overhead screens.

Air Transat customer review

My outward flight was late leaving aircraft was the newest version of the A330 complete with screens in the rear of the seat in front. However the inflight catering was abysmal tiny portions of barely adequate food. The complimentary glass of wine was almost undrinkable. The inflight entertainment was hopeless and immediately forgettable. Return flight was in the older version of the A330 with screens in the middle of the plane every ten rows. No escape from inadequate films. Trying to sleep was impossible being woken every 20/30 minutes with some announcement or other. Again there was a prohibition on the consumption of duty free drinks - alcoholic or not. However there was seemingly no limit to the amount that could be bought from the trolley as evidenced by a group of youths occupying two rows of seats. That they became loud and intoxicated seemed just to add to their enjoyment whilst annoying many others. My conclusion is that the airline has taken many an idea from Ryanair. Cheap it may be but be warned!

Air Transat customer review

Flew from Vancouver to Paris return. Outbound flight on a newer A330 with seat back screens. Crew was attentive food and drinks plentiful. Seat was comfortable with more than adequate leg room (I am 6'2) though we did book the seats at the rear of the plane where there are only 2 rather than 3 across. Flight was delayed for 3 hours on a stop in Calgary due to severe thunder storms so no fault of the airline. Return flight on an older A330 with overhead TV screens. Movies were good crew was excellent and food and drinks were more than plentiful. For the price you cannot beat Air Transat. Will definitely fly again with them.

Air Transat customer review

Travelled to Toronto club class on A310 from Glasgow in June. Check in priority boarding and all services on board were excellent. Pre-ordered meals were what I ordered as was cabin service with friendly staff. Seating was comfortable with plenty of leg room. Can't wait to try new cabin in the future.

Air Transat customer review

Glasgow to Toronto Return. Far better than expected. As a long term back pain sufferer I never travel any distance unless I have to. However I found this flight far more comfortable than any of the short distance flights I've taken flying from Glasgow to London the Midlands or Exeter. On this flight I walked away almost pain free. Most seats are in a 3+3+3 configuration which gives a very narrow aisle. I was careful to book an aisle seat in the rear of the cabin with its 2+3+2 configuration giving more space. The in-flight films were a bit naff but who cares. Take your own earphones if you want to watch the films. The meals were small and basic but again so what as long as the seats are good. If you want to buy anything you need a credit card as they don't take cash. A slight criticism was that I didn't realise that soft drinks were free until the return flight. Staff don't make that clear.