WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Gillian Fox    (Canada)

Traveled on a Westjet flight back from Antigua on March 30 2014. Once again I was seated next to a passenger that clearly did not fit into their seat. 5 hours of leaning towards the opposite side of my seat as most of the person body is still pressed up against me. I am really tired of this and I feel the airline needs to do something to change how their seats are or how they sell their seats. It may not be fair to the oversized passenger but what about me. The person who paid for a seat but can't sit in it!

WestJet Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Shannon Valoma    (Canada)

My husband flies 4 times a month from Edmonton to Vancouver and Westjet is always late so he always chooses AC but now we are moving and the only direct option is Westjet. Today was his first flight with this airline in ages and it's already 45 minutes late. I'm really hoping a new carrier comes in locally.

WestJet Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Van Veen Frank    (Canada)

We traveled from YYZ to SXM on Feb 23/14 and as usual the crew did an excellent job. Smooth flight and on time both ways. Keep up the great service and please start flying YYZ to anywhere in the EU. We'll take it from there.

WestJet Customer review :  22 March 2014 by J Lane    (Canada)

I have traveled Westjet since it first started flying in 2006. I have always been proud to fly this Calgary based Airline in Canada. I fly frequently, 5-6 times a year, and it was on a flight from Calgary-Toronto that I was bumped into Plus Seats, which was great. However, on my return flight from Ottawa a week later I was back in economy seating, as I had purchased economy for both inbound and outbound, but, when I sat down I had to squeeze myself into the seat. This has never been a problem before and I was sitting at the bulkhead on the 737-6, so I requested to move from a flight attendant. I am 6'4", so flights have always been a little tight, but this was like nothing I have experienced. The flight attendant accommodated my request to the seats in front of the exit row that don't recline. Same problem when the person in front of me put their seat back. I again requested to move into and the only seats available were in the exit row mid-cabin, which was empty, but I was told I couldn't sit there as they were Plus Fare seats. I was shocked! I can't help being tall, and had I known I would have purchased a plus fare in Ottawa. The flight attendant did not allow me to sit anywhere else and it was by far the worst flight I have been on. I contacted Westjet with my disappointment and received a standard auto-generated letter back. If you are over 6ft tall and/or have legs longer than 32inches, BUY PLUS FARE. I however will be flying another Canadian Airline (AC) from now on as their seat pitch is what Westjet's used to be in economy and are no extra charge. Big mistake.

WestJet Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Skakun Gord    (USA)

I am not a frequent flyer but do fly 2/3 times a year, I always use WestJet. On a recent flight back from Toronto I upgraded my seat to the first row, when I got up to leave the aircraft, looking back at the seats behind me i noticed a bunch of people that had adjustable head supports on their seats. When I checked mine it also had this. Every flight they spend time talking about all the safety features, how about letting people know about the comfort features like adjustable head rest's, and foot rests under the seat in front and how to select entertainment. That would make WestJet stand out even more in customer service.

WestJet Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Vince Brown    (Canada)

The staff were great and the overall cleanliness of the plane good. The flights were on time but the coach seats not have no leg room as they have reduced it to add economy plus seating. Not sure if this was the right move for this airline, not comfortable at all. Meal offering on board very limited and channel/movies limited.

WestJet Customer review :  17 March 2014 by A Lever    (Canada)

Return flight, March 12th, flight 1119 from Las Vegas to Toronto. Then supposed to be on Flight 358 from Toronto to Ottawa at 8am, but ended up on a 2pm flight to Ottawa instead. Terrible experience. Our first flight was delayed 2.5 hours so before we even left we knew we'd miss our connection. The rep told us not to book the next flight as they would hold the plane for us as there were many in the same boat. They didn't. We got stuck waiting another 5 hours even though there were many other carriers with flights they could have put us on. We were told to go to customer service to be first in line for standby. We did, and they told us to check back every 15 minutes. We did. There ended up being 2 spots on an earlier flight that they gave to someone who happened to just walk up to the gate. When we asked why we didn't get those seats, we were told nobody told them we were waiting. We were told lie after lie by 4 different reps. Will not fly WestJet again!

WestJet Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Mary Gomke    (Canada)

Outbound to Palm Springs from Calgary was #1468 on Feb 26/14 and return from Palm Springs to Calgary on March 11/14 was flight #1469. My parents just got back from Palm Springs and they as well as myself were so impressed with WestJet! My father who required a wheelchair had help from the moment the plane landed right to when their luggage arrived. The flight attendant wheeled him through to customs, the baggage area, helped them with their luggage and even brought it out to the concourse area. My parents would not be able to travel on their own without this kind of help.

WestJet Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Doucette Grasby Angela    (Canada)

Outbound to Las Vegas, March 7th and return to Toronto, March 10. The only complaint I can think of is the rude passengers who recline their seats! They should really think about how much space you are taking away from the person behind you! It makes it difficult for them to eat or work on their computer. Had one delay and it wasn't WestJets fault. My husband and I choose to pay $300 more for our trip in February just to get WestJet as our airline and would do it again! For the people who don't get the wagon with the drinks as often as you like there is a button up where the lights are just press it and I'm sure the staff would be more than happy to serve. I will be continuing to use this service!

WestJet Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Sturgeon Dan    (Canada)

Toronto Person, flight 2742 to Liberia, Costa Rica. Flight delayed over an hour. Return, Liberia, Costa Rica, flight 2743 to Toronto, first thing in the morning I log on to WestJet website to check the flight status, flight not found. Went to the airport and told that flight 2743 is now flight 4343. We board the plane and flight attendants inform everyone we are going to Mexico. WestJet changed the flight number from 2743 to 4343 but they did not import the passengers’ data from 2743 into 4343. Now you have passengers who paid for seat selection and Plus services and they are not getting what they paid for. I need an aisle seat for a medical issue and I need to get up a move around. Instead of getting an aisle seat I found myself in the middle seat.

WestJet Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Anthony Maxwell    (Canada)

Recently my wife and I flew from Calgary to Honolulu with a change of planes in Vancouver. The flight from Calgary to Vancouver took the usual one hour or so. However, our flight from Vancouver to Honolulu took an hour longer than I had experienced on past flights. I find it very annoying that, despite the excess charges levied on us unfortunate travellers, for baggage, seat selection and no decent food, we are forced to sit in uncomfortable conditions for another hour while the airline reduces speed to save on fuel!

WestJet Customer review :  10 March 2014 by G Toth    (Canada)

Flew from Montreal to Turks and Caicos. Tickets for this 4 hour RT flight were $1350 but the service was like we booked a cut-rate airline. On the flight out they kept us on the runway from 11.30-2.30 while dealing with fuel line issue and during this time served us 2 very small cookies. They then flew us to Toronto to get to a plane that could fly farther and served en route only alcohol or water. The flight was full of starving kids who had been on the plane for 4 hours but we were told no food or other drink because flight to Toronto "too short." We were in seats in front of the exit row which did not recline, and we were not warned about this. For the flight back, we could not check-in online because they wanted to charge us extra for our seats on the way out, even though our seat selection said zero dollars when we chose it. On the flight itself, in-flight entertainment broken, meals were cold sandwiches and by the third row they were out of all sandwiches except turkey. On arrival in Montreal, there was no attendant to connect that plane to the gate so the pilot had to call for one. Ten minutes later we saw him scampering up the ladder to the gate. Then they let us off but no one had opened the door from the gate hallway to the airport so another 10 minutes there. Then about 20 bags came out, then a 20 minutes delay with nothing, then the rest of the bags.

WestJet Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Blair McGregor    (Canada)

WestJet online booking system allows seat selection and charges for that ($21 usually). On several occasions in recent past my seat was changed from when I purchased it (and paid seat selection fee) to when I checked in. Went mysteriously from an aisle seat to a middle or window. No notice or explanation; found out when checking in and re-selected at that time. On one occasion had to pay $45 more for plus seat because no others were available. Check your seat assignment. Entertainment system poor and they've started putting on about 10 minutes worth of advertisements that you have to watch at beginning of flight and there are constant announcements during flight that interrupt the shows. Flight staff are friendly and helpful.

WestJet Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Premack Terry    (Canada)

Flight to and from Cancun, no TV's there or back. Flight took 7 hours 45 minutes return, with no explanation. Very unpleasant flight, will consider other carriers next vacation.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7