WestJet Airlines

"seat was incredibly uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Traveling Nanaimo to Yellowknife via Calgary. The aircraft appeared fairly new. I sat in seat 9d. The flight was on time and uneventful however the aircraft was relatively noisy in that location beside the starboard engine. The seat had comfortable leg room. The staff were pleasant. That is where the good part ends. The seat was incredibly uncomfortable with very little padding, with about one inch of recline. They offered the usual coffee, tea, and soft drinks with a cookie the size of a thimble. On arrival in Calgary we were at a gate that entered the airport at the end of a dungeon type walkway which for anyone not in shape was A real trek to the real airport which definitely ain't much to write home about. The travel Calgary to Yellowknife was an improvement on a 737. For the prices Westjet charge they need to step up their quality.
AircraftQ400
RouteNanaimo to Calgary
Date FlownDecember 2017

"shocked by his behavior"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Phoenix via Calgary on December 4th, flight WS 1494. A male attendant was extremely rude to me. I was shocked by his behavior. I was asked about tea or coffee by flight attendant. I asked for a cup of Tea, once tea was served, I asked for creamer and sugar. This attendant replied with a rude tone and told me you asked for Tea, not creamer or sugar. I was shocked by his behavior.
RouteGatwick to Phoenix via Calgary
Date FlownDecember 2017

"flight attendants were very attentive"

Trip Verified | Had a short flight from Halifax to Hamilton, which I forgot to check in early for. About 2 hours before the flight as I was getting ready to leave for the airport, I did a mobile check in and the only free seats that were left were 2 seats in row 20 and 1 seat in row 19 as well as most of the 'Economy Plus' for a charge of $50. I decided to take the Economy plus seats. Those seats are normally 2-4 time more expensive than a regular economy ticket at booking so I was happy to see Westjet offer them for a small surcharge on the day of the flight. In getting to my seat there was a bottle of water waiting. We took off on time and once the seatbelt sign was off the Economy Plus cabin had the first service. All food and drink was complementary, which was a nice touch. There were 2 services on the short flight and the flight attendants were very attentive in our cabin, and even made for great conversation between services. We landed on time in YHM and went from on the plane to out the door of the airport in less than 5 minutes.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2017

"told me she will not help"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Toronto via Calgary. I asked for an earlier flight to get back to Toronto as I had a family emergency. I was told by staff that I should be able to switch to the flight next to my gate that would be leaving an hour earlier to the same destination. When I arrived I asked them at the desk. The male was somewhat co operative and considered helping me. The female was rude, told me no she will not help me and then proceeded to let 4 other passengers on the flight
RouteLos Angeles to Toronto via Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Overall customer service is poor"

Trip Verified | I wanted to share extremely unpleasant experience me and my husband recently had with connection flight Curacao to Calgary via Toronto, flight WS675. Upon arrival to Toronto after checking in 24 hours before our flights from Curacao to Toronto WS2689 and Toronto to Calgary WS675 we found out that our flight to Calgary was rescheduled from 10:35 pm on November 19 to 7:00 am on November 20, 2017. Apparently WestJet assumed we wouldn't have enough time to connect due to flight from Curacao being delayed by 1 hour as WestJet representative made an error when checking in luggage for one or more guest in Curacao. Furthermore they assumed we may have luggage to check-in and would't make it through the check-in counter and security check as lines were long due to other WestJet flights being delay. Not only they assigned our sits to other passengers from another delayed Westjet flight connecting Toronto-Calgary but they refused us on standby after we explained we have no bags to check-in and travel only with carry-on. The response from the representative was that we are last to check-in despite we did 24 hours in advance and had our boarding passes printed. After long negotiation process and explanation of the circumstances surrounding my surgery on November 20, 2017 they agreed to send me alone on my initially scheduled flight. Needless to say how poorly and unprofessionally some WestJet staff is trained offering $25 food voucher as a compensation to my husband. After long stressful conversation with 3 westjet representatives and a supervisor we were able to claim our right to be on that flight. Inconsistent and irrational response from representatives, inability to efficiently resolve situation without management interference, poor soft skills training. Westjet used to be better. Overall customer service is poor.
RouteCuracao to Calgary via Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"almost 4 hr flight was lovely"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. Big shout out to the crew and passengers on this Westjet flight. The almost 4 hr flight was lovely for my 9 month old and I due to the kindness of everyone on board. A special thank you to the 2 male flight attendants who treated us like gold, made my daughter laugh, and did not get upset over the many Cheerios squished on the floor.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2017

"my baggage went missing"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Edmonton via Calgary. Travelled with Westjet for the first time and was highly disappointed to find out that my baggage went missing and they had no clue whether it got misplaced in LAX or YYC. After a total of 18 hours of travelling the last thing I needed was to run around trying to figure things out at YEG.
RouteLos Angeles to Edmonton via Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I never heard an announcement"

Verified Review | Calgary to Halifax. My gate was changed last minute from a19 to c70, which was on the opposite end of the airport. No announcement was made. I was in the airport at my gate, a19, and I never heard an announcement. I checked with another gate, whose attendant told me the gate was changed. I ran to the other end of the airport, my flight was leaving at 11:05pm, only to get there and was told the doors were already closed. The woman who helped me was very rude. Customer service should at least be nice to the customer. I will never fly westjet again.
RouteCalgary to Halifax

"Very bad Westjet"

Verified Review | Montréal to Fort Lauderdale. Westjet was some time ago a good company. Since last year Westjet is the worst, I got 2 flights canceled at the very last minute with no evident reason. I had to call to find out the reason no time for that. Now a broken part, waiting 5 hours - new part no good, waiting for another plane to come, 4 more hours and not sure yet if its gonna be on time. They give 15$ vouchers and believe we are happy with this. Very bad Westjet.
RouteMontréal to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2017

"delayed twice now at 8 hours"

Verified Review | Ft Lauderdale to Toronto. First time flying Westjet and likely the last. Flight has been delayed twice now at 8 hours due to mechanical issues with the flight coming out of Toronto. Now seeing a flight after us boarding on a Westjet flight scheduled later than us. Not impressed.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Toronto