WestJet Airlines

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Received the worst customer service. After a delay by the flight we missed our connecting flight. All they was to rebook us for the following morning. My daughter was on medication which we couldn’t access. With no shared responsibility for it was not our fault, the airline could try at least give us a warm tea or a cheap water bottle. No hotel assistance, no food, not even an apology.
RouteLos Angeles to Winnipeg
Date FlownJune 2018

"extra big bargain for us"

Trip Verified | Toronto to London Gatwick in Plus and we were not mistaken for buying these seats. Used my companion voucher too, which made this an even extra big bargain for us. Great service, good size seats, good food choices and quality, and so many snacks and drinks. As Westjet expands into Europe more, I would only consider Plus in the future. Can't wait for the 787! As well, for those who don't want to spend too much on their tickets, get the mastercard and the companion voucher.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2018

"staff went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Fort St John. Westjet staff went above and beyond for myself and 9 month old baby - Thank you! I forgot my purse in my fathers vehicle when he dropped me off at the airport and he is very old school with no cell phone - so I was at the mercy of Westjet. The check-in lady kindly explained that I could not fly without ID (Transport Canada regulation) which made sense and without charge found room for me on another flight later that afternoon. By which time my father would have been back with my purse. However, shortly after I realized I did have my passports in my suitcase. With only 40 mins before my plane would take off, Sophia who was working near the baggage drop-off went above and beyond to move me and my baby back onto our original flight ( a few phone calls), jump the line at security and directed me to my gate. Thank you so much! I was without diapers, soothers, toys, money. All I had was a baby, a stroller and two passports. Thanks for getting us home! Forever grateful.
RouteVancouver to Fort St John
Date FlownJune 2018

"2nd flight would get cancelled"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Kelowna. Westjet customer service didn't want to help me out when I needed it the most. My wife had to urgently go to Toronto due to an emergency which forced her to miss the first section of the flight (we were leaving from London Ontario), but she was joining me in Toronto to catch the connection there. Westjet told me that if she was missing the first connection, the 2nd flight would get cancelled as well or she had to pay $600 fees. She had to come back urgently to London to catch the first flight. Thank you westjet for not helping me when we needed you the most. We'll know next time we cannot count on you.
RouteToronto to Kelowna
Date FlownMay 2018

"last time I will fly with them"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Gatwick. I have travelled with WestJet numerous times in the past within Canada. I have always enjoyed it. I really liked the inflight entertainment. Every seat had a screen and it was always enjoyable to fly with them. Last month I flew to Gatwick from Toronto with my family. It was an uncomfortable trip for our family. The screens on the back of each seat were gone. Now you could watch movies on your electronic device or rent a device from them. The device did not work as well and was very inconvenient. You had to stop watching 40 minutes before flight landed. We bought wifi, this did not work. We could not get a refund right away but had to send a note to the company that provides this service to get a refund. Finally I have never flown overseas where no complimentary meals were provided. This was the first time. We wanted to buy things however most meals were sold out. We ended up eating snacks. This is the last time I will fly with them.
RouteToronto to Gatwick

"Really not impressed"

Not Verified | Miami to Toronto. I paid for my seats when I booked and the front desk check in rep tried to charge me again for choosing my seats at the airport. When i showed her my confirmation with my seat choices through email she made it seem like she was doing me a favor by "waiving the fee" I already paid for. Booked in February with Westjet again to fly to New York on may 29th ... and there's a possible pilot strike. Really not impressed with how they are handling this.
RouteMiami to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"still such helpful people"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Kelowna. At CCY airport we were helped by a Customer Service Ambassador. He pushed my wheelchair and went above and beyond to help us. Later I saw him do the same with another wheelchair passenger. It is refreshing to see that there are still such helpful people out there who make the whole flying experience for people like us stress free.
RouteCalgary to Kelowna

"an amazing experience"

Trip Verified | Flew with WestJet on WS720 from Vancouver to Toronto. Check in was extremely pleasant, with the agent all smiles and a positive attitude. Boarding was done in zones, but with no physical organization or signage. Once again a full flight, meaning gate checking a lot of luggage. Flight left Vancouver 15 minutes late but arrived Toronto on time. Cabin crew were hilarious and professional, coming around twice to serve snacks and drinks. Complimentary snacks were either a choice of pretzels or a cookie, although they would give you both if asked for. Wifi costs 10$ for 3 hours of usage. Speed was acceptable, but no YouTube or Netflix though which is fine. Seat width and pitch was amazing, with the seat pitch feeling like Premium Economy for some airlines even. Power and user ports were available and IFE was available from gate to gate. Overall, an amazing experience and I now would stick with WestJet over Air Canada when flying domestically (or even internationally).
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2018

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | I am furious with West Jet and will never fly with them again. I flew 9 hours from Calgary to Gatwick on a plane that was meant for 2-hour flights (at a stretch.) Not only did I have to pay for basic items, blankets so I don't freeze to death, I also had to pay for food and drinks. I didn't eat before getting on the plane and will be damned if I spend 10$ on a pizza onboard. I had to pay for my entertainment. The couple next to me had spent 30 dollars on food and had to eat it without a drink because the drinks cart was on the other side of the plane. 40 minutes later the cart arrived and all their food had been eaten and still they had to purchase two cokes for another 10$. The seats didn't recline properly. I asked for water about 6-7 times because I had no money to get anything else and they looked at me as if I was greedy or something.
RouteCalgary to Gatwick

"what is going on?"

Trip Verified | WestJet, what is going on? On my last two flights I have never been so disappointed in about two decades of dedicated flying with your company! I, as are many, are aware that serious things are going on with the company, however this shouldn’t be impacting customer experience - especially on our own dime. We witnessed pilots caring less about their jobs, lack of service in the cabin, questionable delays causing missed flights (and work), inadequate response to the missed flights and issues surrounding accommodation etc. This is shocking! We have never seen this before. For what was such a great company I can see many people rethinking how they now fly domestic and international. How is the company going to rectify the current state? Hope a resolution happens soon!
RouteMexico City to Victoria via Calgary