WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  3 January 2014 by T McGann    (Canada)

My wife and I recently returned from Bahamas, via Toronto to St. Johns, Newfoundland. Flight 424 was scheduled to depart Toronto 8.10 pm on December 21st - arrive St. Johns 12.40 am on Dec. 22nd. Our departure time was delayed leaving Toronto until after 9.30 pm. 30 minutes before our scheduled landing in St. John's the pilot informed passengers that the plane had been diverted to Gander Airport and a further update would be provided at Gander. 10 minutes after landing (around 2am), the pilot announced that St. John's Airport was closed, and that our plane was flying back to Toronto. After another wait of 10-15 minutes the steward came on the PA and asked the passengers for a show of hands as to those who wished to get off in Gander. There was no alternative offered in terms of how we were to get to our intended destination of St. John's, no suggestion of assistance of any kind. The steward announced that passengers would be allowed to leave the plane in groups of 6. That we would all walk down a ramp onto a snow filled tarmac, then search for our luggage. Once off the plane and inside the Airport, there was not a WestJet representative to be seen. It was 4.40 am before I was able to get my wife and myself a taxi to the closest hotel. The next day we had to book a rental car to return home to St. Johns.

WestJet Customer review :  31 December 2013 by J Ferrara    (Canada)

WestJet is a terrible, disorganized, inefficient airline. My family's short flights from Toronto to Quebec and back were both delayed for several hours, without any logical reasons for the delays. Almost 12 hours before our return flight, WestJet somehow already knew there would be what started out as an hour delay to what is now a 3 hour delay. The West Jet employees don't even seem to know why or they know and are giving us lame excuses, such as, the crew has flown too many hours and the weather is bad (other airline flights have no delays at the same airport). They tried to compensate us with a $10 airport food voucher but we would rather have our flight be on time so that we can go home!

WestJet Customer review :  31 December 2013 by Jay Geefs    (Canada)

Kelowna to Edmonton, WS224, December 27 2013. Their customer service is matching that of their competition. Arrived at Kelowna airport 1 hour before flight. Queue was not long, but slow. A customer service rep asked everyone in line their destination. Pretty much the 30 people in line said Edmonton, she proceeded to tell the personell on the desks that everyone in line was destined for Edmonton. There was no effort made to rush people through to make flight. The attitude was "oh well" nothing we can do. At least 20 people missed their flight.

WestJet Customer review :  29 December 2013 by C Dang    (Canada)

My husband and I were supposed to depart for Winnipeg at 9.05 pm, however, there was a half an hour delay. That was not an issue. We wanted to know when we should come back to the gate after grabbing a bite to eat. We waited at the counter for 10 minutes while we were being deliberately ignored by an entire West Jet crew who were joking around and talking with each other behind the counter. Finally a pilot approached us and did not have an answer for us. Being further ignored I decided to ask someone else (flight attendant). She was rude and short with me. I finally got to talk to the woman that the pilot suggested but she was even more rude. I could barely finish asking my one question because she was raising her voice over mine. I am not upset that no one had an answer for me, I am upset with how we were treated and how we were spoken to. I cannot believe how difficult it was to ask 1 question and to receive a kind response. This will be the last time I fly with West Jet.

WestJet Customer review :  23 December 2013 by R Crisostomo    (Canada)

We were supposed to fly YYZ to LGA on Dec 22, 2013 (WS 2010). We checked flight status before we left home - "on time". When we got to the gate, it said delayed by 45 min. Then they said it's now cancelled. Called their 800 # and re-booked us on the 8.30pm flight - not too bad. We had to go down to arrivals to wait 40 minutes to retrieve the luggage we checked in. We went back up to departure, went through immigration and security again but when we got to the gate for the 8.30pm flight, it said cancelled again. Fed up, we asked for a refund so we can try another airline. Air Canada and American were flying to LGA. But WestJet would only offer "credit" for future bookings.

WestJet Customer review :  9 December 2013 by J Lynch    (Canada)

A five hour flight to Cancun from Calgary passed by quickly. There were 4 channels of fairly new movies to choose from. A beverage and either pretzels or cookies were offered twice as well as a water "run". Staff was helpful and friendly. A very efficient check in at Calgary, especially if you've printed off your boarding passes at home. Our luggage arrived, always a good thing. Lots of families flying on this plane, but no crying babies. It was still fairly expensive to fly. We booked in June and pre-booked ($) our seats.

WestJet Customer review :  6 December 2013 by L Sisk    (Canada)

I had a flight out of Edmonton connecting in Vancouver for an onward flight to Mexico. My flight was to leave at 8.40am. I arrived at 7.55am. I proceeded to a Self Serve computer that wasn't working. I then went right up to the check-in counter, I was told that she would not check me in because I had missed their cut-off time of 45 minutes. There was not queue at security and it would be no problem in getting to the gate. I could have got to the gate in less then 10 minutes. The CSA was very rude and condescending, she lectured me and did not provide any quality customer service. As a result I was not able to go to Cabo and had to re-book for another day. This was all because WJ would not step up and provide some great customer service. I could understand if it was a very busy time when the airport is packed and their is huge line-ups everywhere. The airport was very slow. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a major company.

WestJet Customer review :  5 December 2013 by J Ratcliffe    (Canada)

Recently flew from Saskatoon to Cancun. Departing Saskatoon we were boarded on time and then proceeded to sit in the aircraft at the gate for at least 60 mins. This was apparently due to freezing rain which had been falling from the sky 2 hours before when I walked into the airport. Why board us? Would be much more comfortable sitting in the airport. On the way home after boarding in Cancun, we once again sat in the aircraft on the ramp for 60 mins. We were told it was due to the Mexican ramp hands having some confusion with the luggage. On arrival in Saskatoon we were to find out that they had off loaded bags in Cancun due to a weight and balance issue. Why couldn't the captain have been honest rather than blaming the Mexican ramp hands? The person I was travelling with was unlucky enough to have his luggage not arrive. He was told it would arrive the next morning. He has yet to receive it and we have been home for almost 72 hours. When we were checking in at the airport in Cancun, a group of people approached the counter next to us asking to get on our direct flight rather than the one they were scheduled to be on. None of these people were standing at the baggage claim in Saskatoon wondering where their luggage was. This does not make sense to me. Their luggage should have been off loaded. I can only assume that the plane became overweight with the last minute passengers and their luggage. Also have to say that the food available on board is appalling. I am a vegetarian and can choose from a variety of junk food options. There is no veggie sandwich available. I asked for crackers and hummus and was told it was not available so then asked for the cheese plate and received the same answer. We sat on that aircraft for seven hours on the way home, how can you expect someone not to eat for seven hours? I used to think that Westjet was the only option when choosing an airline. Not anymore. Thankfully, a person has options these days.

WestJet Customer review :  4 December 2013 by B Walters    (Canada)

Trip was fine. Flights both ways were on time, or reasonably close to on time. Only thing to note is that a small roll on bag will not fit under the seat in front of your if you are seated on the aisle. That space is very small and will fit only a large purse, or very small carryon bag. Middle seats and window seats seemed to have enough room under the seat ahead for a reasonable sized carryon. If you don't board the flight early, you miss out on finding space in the overhead bins, and even one flight when I boarded right after pre-boards, people in the row behind mine had crammed everything into the overhead bins leaving no room for others around them. So be warned about this. The four flights I took from Ottawa to Toronto, and then to Tampa, and back were fine. The crew were very pleasant and the ground staff in all airports were equally pleasant. No complaints here. Seat space did not seem any roomier than other airlines I have travelled on, and food like other airlines must be bought by credit card. It would be nice to see a small sandwich offered free of charge, like in the "good old days" not that long ago. I'm sure it would not cost them that much. I would definitely book on West Jet again, if only for the friendly faced staff, who did appear to enjoy their jobs.

WestJet Customer review :  29 November 2013 by C Parry    (Canada)

I am completely appalled at the way my last trip with WestJet to Las Vegas ex Calgary went. My flight ex Calgary was delayed 1 hr due to mechanical problems, which caused me to miss my planned events. Our return flight on 25th Nov was again delayed 9 hrs due to a mechanical problem - which again caused me to miss planned events in Calgary These delays were totally unacceptable and a $10 voucher seems rather small. I will be travelling again in the new year in the USA and I doubt I can trust the condition of the WestJet aircraft.

WestJet Customer review :  29 November 2013 by R Stone    (Canada)

Flight from Varadero to Victoria on November 17th. I thought Air Canada was bad so I switched to WestJet. As bad as Air Canada is, it was a mistake going with WestJet. Guess I go back to Air Canada. We need some better choices here. WestJet is probably the worst airline I have flown with. European, South American and Caribbean based airlines have provided much better service than these two Canadian airlines.

WestJet Customer review :  18 November 2013 by G Ty    (Canada)

On the 6th of November I flew from Vancouver to Maui and I must say that WestJet really lost their edge towards Air Canada in the past few years. Considering the flight was for six hours and in the middle of the day (10.30-4 Pacific time), I was expecting some sort of meal and drinks. However, the drink cart only came around once and there was no food served whatsoever (excluding a single bag of pretzels). As well, they had absolutely no inflight entertainment of which they are famous for. Overall, the only thing that was even decent was the low price I got for the flight but I see why it was so low now.

WestJet Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Joanne Sankey    (Canada)

We were delayed in Ft Mcmurray because of fog. Everyone on the crew and the captain went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The ground crew even brought us pizza, the service was above and beyond anything I expected. I missed my connecting flight and Westjet got me the next available seat on the next plane which was upgraded and a food coupon as well. WestJet is the only airline I will fly with.

WestJet Customer review :  12 November 2013 by J Hedman    (Canada)

Return flight from Chicago to Victoria BC (via Calgary) was late leaving. We were very concerned about making our connection. When we asked the flight attendants for information we were told they had "no idea" Turned out the flight from Calgary was also late but no one bothered to tell us that. Very poor communication. WestJet has gone downhill. Maybe they could all chip in and buy a clock so every now and then they could leave on time. I only fly with them if no other option or if it's an amazing deal.

WestJet Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Remi Girard    (France)

I flew from Quebec city to Toronto. I enjoyed this flight. The crew were friendly and polite and even if there was only 1 hour of flight, we had a personal screen per person. Moreover, it was much cheaper than with Air Canada for the same journey. I will travel again with Westjet.

WestJet Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Dwayne Phillips    (Canada)

Not going to he a Westjet user in the future. Overpriced with fees. Paid for seat selection then end up paying double the fees on return flight home. Didn't have time to argue over fees. Its ridiculous that I get charged for seats that the rep gave me yet my friends paid 0 to pick their own seats. Westjet doesn't care and offers me back nothing. After paying for seats and $1600 for 2 people to fly. What a rip off.

WestJet Customer review :  23 October 2013 by D Cox    (Canada)

We flew to Newark N.J. from YYC on October 6 2013, we then flew from LaGuardia LGA, to Toronto on October 11 2013 then back to YYC on October 13 2013 from YKF. WestJet the "darling" of Canadian airlines. All 2 of them. The last time I flew WestJet and left the gate on time was 5 years ago. Seems like they have hired a lot of former Air Canada flight attendants. WestJet now offers premium seats at an extra $400 pp for a round trip. Does WestJet wonder why these seats are mostly empty? This airline is just dropping the ball all over the place in my opinion. But hey, they are one of 2 so I guess they realize they can just lower the standards now and the consumer still only has 1 other choice.

WestJet Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Neil Orchard    (Canada)

YYC-LAS, WS 1624 then continued on to Phoenix with US airways. Flight was smooth and staff service was very good. Check-in in Calgary was quick and easy. Love the westjet seats as well. Would use again.

WestJet Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Elizabeth Johnstone    (Canada)

Had a wonderful experience on Westjet from Toronto to Orlando and then return home 5 days later. Staff were funny and very helpful. Online check-in made the wait at the airport only 5 minutes. On time both departing and arriving. Actually arrived 15 minutes early to Orlando which was a pleasant bonus. Only downside is that there was no entertainment system. Lots of kids on the plane with nothing to do which did make it a bit noisy. I hope the entertainment tablets are implemented soon. Part of the vacation is the flight so it is quite nice to relax and watch a movie.

WestJet Customer review :  4 October 2013 by D Wood    (Canada)

I have traveled regularly over the last 20 years. Sadly, WJ has completely lost their competitive edge and I now find AC's service, plane departure promptness to be more consistent to my expectations. My Calgary to Winnipeg flight is never on time and when I have complained about this, the service personnel acknowledge and blame head office while customer service is non responsive. Air Canada has won my business back!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7