WestJet Passenger Reviews and WestJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

WestJet Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Tara Johnson    (Canada)

April 2013 my husband and I went to Mexico. On our way home we had an early flight leaving from Cancun airport. Because of mechanical difficulties our plane was delayed hour after hour, during this time period WestJet gave us all food vouchers! Finally our fight was canceled and would be rescheduled for the next morning. It was a little concerning at first. WestJet took such good care of us, they had shuttle buses take us to the Marriott in Cancun, paid for the hotel, supper and breakfast. I recommend WestJet.

WestJet Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Tony Giantomaso    (Canada)

One way, Vancouver - Calgary trip and I paid for "plus seating". When asked to pre-board the line in Vancouver was huge, and I couldn't seem to get the gate agents to care much. Even though I was seat number 2 in "plus seating" there was no room for my half-filled "fits in the tester box" bag, and they let people on with massive pieces of luggage. So much so that I counted at least 30 pieces of luggage that had to be checked in at the gate. This caused a 20 minute delay, even though it could have easily been avoided earlier. The flight attendant was tired and gruff. The flight itself was OK but the entertainment system is poor - half the channels don't work and the screens are tiny. "Plus seats" have more leg room, but are still narrow. Once we disembarked I wait another 20 minutes for "checked baggage". 40 minutes late for a 1.25 hour business flight is not adequate.

WestJet Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Bell Gregory    (Australia)

Flew WestJet Edmonton to Calgary, returning two days later. On both flights, turbulence prevented the cabin crew from serving refreshments, even though it didn't seem very rough to me! For such a short flight it didn't matter anyway! Nice airline, friendly cabin crew - no complaints.

WestJet Customer review :  7 February 2014 by L Pereira    (Canada)

CUN-YUL. Flight left on time. Very basic service, crew only passed once in cabin with beverages and food cart ($$), four hour flight. Entertainment system poor. Very little leg room. For the fare paid it was OK. However, after a few flights the experience with this airline is always underwhelming.

WestJet Customer review :  7 February 2014 by L Letourneau    (Canada)

I will not book with WestJet again. I fly about two times a year and always book WestJet due to their "customer service". The last two times I have booked with WestJet I've been disappointed. Going from YEG airport to Las Vegas and on the way home the TV's were not working. That is one of the major reason we pay extra to book with WestJet. Makes the flight a lot easier, lets face it no one enjoys flying. The next flight I booked with WestJet my departure was at 7.30am, I arrived to the airport at 6.10 and they would not let me board. I missed my flight even though I was 1hr and 20 mins early. The lady that was dealing with my flight had no compassion and when I asked her if there was anything WestJet could do she simply said no and it would cost another $80 to re-book with a different flight. Most of the times the plans aren't on time and we just have to deal with it. I was just very disappointed with the way WestJet treated me and do not believe they are worth the cost of their flights.

WestJet Customer review :  4 February 2014 by P Smith    (Canada)

YYZ-YYC-YLW-YYZ. Pros: on-time departure from Toronto and Kelowna, friendly and efficient check-in staff, friendly inflight service, onboard satellite TV. Cons: 4 hour connection delay in Calgary (apparently due to light snow but no explanation from the airline), very slow baggage delivery on arrival in Toronto (45 minutes). Our skis arrived on the oversize belt in 15 minutes, then our bags arrived a half an hour later. Very aggravating.

WestJet Customer review :  4 February 2014 by April Johnson    (Canada)

Returning from Cancun Jan 28 2014 to Toronto. Waited in Airport for 11.30 am flight, but for some unknown reason Westjet decided to give our plane to another group flying to Ottwawa. This left us stranded with a new departure time of 10.00 pm that night. Turns out that this flight did not leave until 4.30 am the next morning. Some passengers would even wait longer as their connection flight would not correspond with the 4.30 am flight and were not allowed to go. Our plane should never have been given to another group, the Ottawa group should have had to wait for another plane. I was travelling with a group of 16 people which was booked through Westjet Vacations. A Westjet Rep in Cancun Airport managed to get all 16 of us on the next flight at 4.40 pm to Toronto. The reps in Toronto when we landed rushed us through customs and held the plane to Thunder Bay for us.

WestJet Customer review :  29 January 2014 by J Stober    (Canada)

Flew Edmonton to Comox Jan 17. Pilot made 2 attempts to land in Comox but had to abort so went back to Edmonton. The pilot provided very little info except to make announcement that we were returning to Edmonton. As a passenger this was very confusing. The only info from flight attendants was that we could make alternate arrangements once we were back in Edmonton. Once we got back to Edmonton, the passengers waited in one line for almost one hour, not moving, then all directed to the check-in area where we waited almost 2 more hours with very little progress. I finally called Westjet and made alternate plans to fly to Vancouver late that night.

WestJet Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Al Bonin    (Canada)

We flew from Fort Myers to our connection in Toronto to our final Winnipeg destination. First time we flew with our dog. The check in staff who helped us with the checking in process were very friendly and helpful. The televisions on the Fort Myers to Winnipeg flight did not work, this was announced before boarding.

WestJet Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Peter Zevenhoven    (Canada)

All I can say is that the experience was second to none. Staff were excellent, courteous and helpful and the flights were fine both ways - Toronto-Calgary return. We are traveling with Westjet again in 2 weeks to the Mayan Riviera and are actually looking forward to it.

WestJet Customer review :  16 January 2014 by Denise Burant    (Canada)

Flew to Hawaii. Going there was fine, there were weather delays but everything was handled perfectly. Coming back, another story. In 5 years the process has not changed, no kiosk, confusing check in as counters are shared with other airlines. My flight was late getting into Vancouver. We all had to line up to get reassigned to other flights. They seemed completely bewildered and disorganized. There were 4 counters for check in. There was a gentleman who was asking people where they were going and several of us found ourselves in the wrong line. Check in was slow and tedious. Waited in line for over 1.5 hours to be asked to stand to the side. For some reason I was not already rebooked on another flight. The co-ordinator did give me food vouchers so added points for that. The flight attendants on all flights were excellent so points for that. The check in counter at HI took off points as they seemed confused. Bottom line - I will not use WJ to fly to Hawaii again any time soon.

WestJet Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Carrillo Cesar    (Canada)

Dec 31st 2013, me and my family went on a vacation trip to Aruba thinking it would be a very relaxing time and it was until the return to Toronto. Because of weather conditions the plane that was scheduled to go to Aruba to pick up and bring back the passengers from flight 2699 never arrived Tuesday Jan 7th 2014. After an entire day trying to call and get an answer from the airline finally with got to speak with somebody from Westjet who only said that there would not be a rescue flight later that week but passengers had to wait until Tuesday Jan 14th 2014 to get our fight back home but they were not responsible for any expenses until that day. In my case we had to take a flight Aruba-Curacao and Curacao-Trinidad and Trinidad-Toronto, with all the expenses it caused in airplane tickets, meals and hotel. Please be very careful if buying tickets from this company.

WestJet Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Kerry Owens    (Canada)

Vancouver to Saskatoon via Calgary on Dec 22, 2013 during the Christmas travel season. Due to the ice storm in Eastern Canada, all flights were delayed, not anyone's fault. Flights were pleasant and comfortable and staff eager to assist. Upon arrival in Saskatoon, very delayed at 3am, we discovered my partner's suitcase was broken when it came off the plane. Expecting a hassle, we went to the Westjet baggage counter. The agent was superb, offered a choice of a $75 voucher for future travel or a "bag-swap". In the short time from the airport to where we were staying, there was an email apologizing for our inconvenience! Super service. Will recommend Westjet!

WestJet Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Warren Moore    (Canada)

When it comes to airlines, ultimately whether they are any good or not really depends upon how they act when things go bad. In the past things have gone wrong with Air Canada, and I've had to fight to get a hotel and a seat on an upcoming flight in reasonable time. My flight on 3rd January from Toronto to St. John's was cancelled because of a terrible snow storm in Newfoundland. Within 30 minutes I was in a hotel with meal vouchers. On the 4th the plane was cancelled again and the same thing happened, no questions asked we were all shipped off again. On the 5th, WestJet had put on 2 extra planes to deal with the backlog, WS 4150 and WS 4175 leaving at 7am and 8am respectively. I was on the latter plane, which was a little delayed because the attendants had just come off the inbound Halifax flight. Nonetheless it was all in good humour and no one had any cause for complaint. WestJet had gone beyond what anyone could ask for to get us all home. Air Canada flights were cancelled at the same time, and some of those waiting to travel have been told they can't go until Wednesday. They may well argue it's not economically possible to put on an extra plane, but if WestJet can do it, the flag carrier can. I read a lot of reviews here about how a plane was a bit late, the seats not that comfy and the food of a not great standard. All that actually occurred on my flight but these are small things in the main. An airline needs to be judged on looking after the best needs and Westjet delivered. Will use again and look forward to it!

WestJet Customer review :  6 January 2014 by M Roy    (Canada)

The food is terrible. We thought the price was good but you have to pay for everything (reserve a seat, meal, movies, etc). Finally, it's not so cheap. They are not well organized and they made us wait for a family (for an extra hour) - when we make sure to be on time. Inside the plane is dirty. It was our first experience with Westjet and I will never choose this company again. The TVs were not working coming back: with kids, the flight was long!

WestJet Customer review :  6 January 2014 by W Chang    (Canada)

We flew from Cancun to Toronto. You can choose self-check in at the airport or web check-in 24 hours before departure. There was a 20-min delay for boarding for unknown reason, otherwise, it was a smooth ride without incident. The staff were great during the flight. They came around twice with free drinks, pretzels or cookies, and sandwiches for purchase. Inflight entertainment was ok, with 4 movies, and satellite TV with quite a few channels once in Canadian air space (for about half an hour or so for our flight).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7