Vueling Airlines Customer Reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vueling Airlines customer review :  23 May 2012 by Jim Soleymanlou   (USA)

Paris to Barcelona return. Outbound flight 2.5 hours late. For the return segment, we arrived at the airport 1.5 hours prior to the flight and were told we were on stand by, because the flight was oversold. They did not apologize or try to accommodate us, or explain the alternatives - merely told us we had to wait, and it is their right to overbook. Customer service dismissed me. With a lot of drama, we managed to get onboard. This is a cheap airline, and you get what you pay for. There is no service onboard or on the ground. I consistently fly over 150,000 miles a year and the last time I was denied boarding due to overbooking was in 1994!

Vueling Airlines customer review :  10 May 2012 by R Longhurst   (Spain)

Vueling is a budget airline, but it couldn't be further from the Ryanair experience. Seats recline and have music, for a start. They allocate you seats, so you don't have that horrible rush to get on the plane. Staff are friendly and courteous, and they aren't militant about hand-baggage. Their inflight magazine is readable. The reason I'm giving Vueling a 10 out of 10 is because yesterday they changed our flights for us within minutes and at no extra cost, no fuss whatsoever, despite the fact that we were at fault, not Vueling. That sort of service is priceless!

Vueling Airlines customer review :  30 April 2012 by Milan Zelcevic   (Canada)

Flew from Paris ORY to LIS in early April. Seat space is very tiny. At nearly 2m tall I could barely fit in the seat. The plane was 2/3 full so could stretch my legs because the row behind me was empty. If this was a 3+ hour flight and packed, I would find it tough to cope due to no leg room. Otherwise, the plane was new, staff very courteous and the price was a steal. If you are normal height I would warmly recommend these guys.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  26 April 2012 by P Titus   (USA)

We were booked and confirmed on a 11am flight from Madrid to Barcelona. Arrived from our overnight flight to find that the 11am flight was cancelled due to a transportation strike. When the bored and disinterested person at Vueling's gate found out we had booked with a booking service, they refused to help us find other transportation, later flights, or even directions into Madrid. We sat down within view of the gate, calling around looking for options. Many people went to the gate and all were turned away - the few employees left well before 11.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  25 April 2012 by R Currie   (Netherlands)

AMS-ALC-AMS. My 5th flight on this route, always good service with friendly staff. I normally pay extra to reserve a seat near the front. Staff onboard are usually very nice and accommodating. Seat pitch is not great but it is a LCC. Seats are comfortable enough though for short haul and the planes are clean, newish A320's. Generally on time.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  24 April 2012 by R Rodrigues   (UK)

Vueling has sunk to new lows which I didn't think was possible after the appalling service over recent years. My husband was one week post knee surgery and although ground staff were very helpful and had moved us to seats with extra leg room, on board it was a completely different matter. Staff were nothing short of rude and insisted we move back to our original seats - leaving the row where we had been due to sit completely empty. Came out with all sorts of illogical inconsistent excuses - cannot help but feel it was because the front seats attract an increased fare and they don't want to give them up for nothing. Vueling make Ryanair look like a premium airline.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  16 April 2012 by Kai Matuschewski   (Germany)

TXL-BCN-TXL. On time flights, friendly staff, new Airbus planes clean, food and beverages for purchase, leg space rather cramped. All in all: good value for money.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  16 April 2012 by Tony Quinn   (UK)

CWL-BCN-CWL. Or it would have been if they hadn't cancelled the outward flight 3 days before departure. Website and communication appalling. There is no UK contact number only a Spanish Premium Rate one and emails are in Spanish . Did get the return flight which was just about ok. Plane was old, legroom was poor compared to easyjet. Luckily we were able to get an outward flight with easyjet from BRS but naturally at a greater cost.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  13 April 2012 by Michele Ranck   (Spain)

FLR-BCN. Our flight was cancelled the night before Easter, there was no representative in the airport so were told we were "on our own" regarding transportation back to the city centre and a hotel. Finding a hotel proved to be difficult and expensive, getting help from Vueling has proved to be impossible so far. I was stuck in Florence for 2 extra days and my husband for 3 until the airport was able to reschedule the flights. Needless to say an unhappy ending to our anniversary travels.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  11 April 2012 by G Schneider   (USA)

Our flight from Madrid to Paris was ok but the return a nightmare. No plane due to mechanical problems in Madrid. Departed the next day after 15 hours of sitting. 5 euro voucher given for food but excluding drinks. They refused to permit any transfer to another airline during the miserable wait. No Vueling agent there to keep us informed. No offer to put us up in a hotel overnight. Arrived 5am and no public transport running to Madrid. Lost our prepaid reserved train to Cordoba.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  30 March 2012 by Tom Kuehne   (Netherlands)

Very expensive ticket (€255, return PRG-BCN) compared to other low-cost airlines with same service (buy onboard policies). Staff delivered a professional service, but did not guarantee the passengers comfort due to no interference with a very loud group of passengers and no speeding up during boarding. Standard low-cost seat space, but they could be reclined.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  12 March 2012 by Will Fowler   (USA)

BCN-DME. While check-in at BCN was okay, the crew onboard was utterly incompetent. I have flown in and out of Russia countless times and with the exception of Vueling, every airline has provided non-Russians with a landing card. Instead, I had to remind them. They had no idea what I was talking about at first and insisted that I didn't need such a thing. No refreshments and crew didn't tell passengers to quieten down as it was an overnight flight.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  17 January 2012 by T Dan   (UK)

LHR-La Coruna-LHR. Great to be able to use a low cost airline from Heathrow and generally impressive. Friendly service, nice clean and modern A320 and on time both ways. Only downsides - annoying Muzak and, more annoyingly, the worst legroom I've seen on any plane. Fortunately loads of empty space to spread out on outward journey and had exit row seats (which are rows and 14) on return.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  13 January 2012 by T Kaminski   (Germany)

TXL-MAD-TXL booked last minute and got a cheap fare. Planes appeared to be clean with the exception of the carpets which were very dirty. Also noticed many broken parts of the cabin interior, handles of baggage compartments were fixed with tape and a sharp metal piece stuck out of the tray table. The seats were leather and comfortable, but legroom was tight. Flights were not full, we could spread out and they were on time. The cabin crew were quite nice, but going through the routine. Would consider again if price is right.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  28 November 2011 by Paul Van Alsten   (France)

ORY-BCN return. Good value for money, even though I booked shortly before departure. ORY airport much more convenient than CDG. Both flights on-time, young and friendly cabin crew with good command of English. However major downside is the incredibly cramped seating - I have never experienced such a tight legroom. Vueling website slow and affected by many technical glitches.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  5 November 2011 by J Margel   (USA)

Cramped seats, very narrow and it is seemingly the idea of this airline to crowd as many people on the aircraft as possible. Anything to eat or drink including water there was a charge for. Thank goodness the flights were 2 hours or less.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  31 October 2011 by J Haas   (Netherlands)

After some flights the main problems I found flying with Vueling are seats are extremely uncomfortable with not enough leg room for someone of normal size. Not enough space between seats for opening laptop or working at all; and hardly for reading. Cabin temperature too high in all flights. I found many other people also complaining about this unsuccessfully. Ambient music is always annoying, specially when loud and before 8-9 in the morning and after 21-2200 hrs in the evening. It is a low cost airline, however prices are much higher than Ryanair or Easyjet for the same service.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  22 October 2011 by E Fraser   (Canada)

Paris CDG to Madrid, late at security but staff pleasant - taken out to aircraft in small vehicle after bus had gone. Return at 6am had 3 seats to self so stretched out. Overall good value for money, booked only 1 week ahead.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  18 October 2011 by R Lyons   (Australia)

Ref Bill Jackson's review "you never lose your money" we had a flight booked from Marrakech to Barcelona for 9th october. Firstly the time was changed on 23rd March, then on the 18th August the flight was cancelled. we have been trying to get our refund since then and have sent 6 e-mails, non eof which have been answered.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  11 October 2011 by Bill Jackson   (Spain)

Athens - Barcelona - Alicante I had my flight booked for 5th October which was a day of strikes in Greece. On 4th October at mid day all other airlines had cancelled their Greek flights for the 5th, but Vueling customer service insisted that there was no strike in Greece the following day. Later in the afternoon I received a text message to say that my flight for the following day had been cancelled. Rebooked the Athens Barcelona leg for the 6th October with no difficulty and no cost. Was told I could rebook the Barcelona Alicante leg for a cost of 115 euros. I checked on line and bought a new ticket for 109 euros! Flights fine; we left Athens late because the airport was in chaos and the other leg was on time. Twice I have experienced that "you will never lose your money with Vueling" as on their website and twice I have lost my ticket and had to buy a new one.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  1 October 2011 by E Kaminskaite   (Czech Republic)

Athens-Barcelona return. Outbound flight very full. No option of online check-in - came to the airport early despite travelling with no luggage, only to find the check-in counter closed. When it opened some 1 hour later, an epic queue had formed, but departure was on time. In Barcelona, security check with the 'mobile phone boarding pass' went smoothly. Return flight delayed 1 hr, about 60% full and much more comfortable, even considering the extra-cramped legroom. The planes on both journeys were rather new, but already looked a bit worn, with pieces of plastic missing here and there. The crew apparently speak English but in this case, the onboard announcements were incomprehensible. They keep communication with non-Spanish-speaking passengers to a minimum, and are considerably less friendly than any flight attendants I've encountered, even on low cost/charter flights. Even though it should be in their best interest to sell refreshments, they do not offer them when they pass with the cart - you have to ask yourself, and loudly. Overall, a mediocre flying experience, definitely overpriced for what is being offered.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  14 September 2011 by C Worthington   (UK)

LHR-SVQ-LHR. I paid a little more for extra leg room. I use them several times a year and have never had a problem, odd delays, more often than not running early. What do people expect for these prices. I also use their PUNTO or airmiles programme and have twice flown at no cost to myself.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  30 August 2011 by D Atamanov   (Russia)

BCN-DME. This night flight was 1.5 hrs late, the crew didn't even apologize for the delay. My extra-paid XL seat by emergency exit was uncomfortable - one of the armrests was missing due to security requirements, but there wasn't even a pillow onboard to use instead, back recline was close to nothing. Paid snacks and drinks. When passengers were leaving the plane the crew stood with their backs to them, chatting between each other, didn't care to say goodbye.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  22 August 2011 by I Bloch   (Germany)

MAD-PMI return. Short 1 hr flights that were pleasant. We reserved increased legroom seats in the emergency exit, which were comfortable with ample spacing between seats. Both flights were on time and the cabin crew friendly and helpful. The planes were new A320, with a clean and nice interior.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  20 August 2011 by A Mura   (Italy)

GOA-BCN. Good flight, average service, tickets a little too expensive. New aircraft new panels over our heads were attached with tape.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  18 August 2011 by Joseph Cruz   (USA)

My wife (Bosnian biometric passport) and I (US passport) were not issued boarding passes on or scheduled flight from Madrid to Paris CDG. Check-in staff at Barajas Airport wrongly stated my wife needed a visa to enter Spain or France. We informed the supervisor he was wrong and he checked with his superiors who said we could not be issued boarding passes. We missed our flight, but the police determined we were indeed authorized to fly. The check-in supervisor never acknowledged his error or apologized. At Barcelona, the check-in girl saw immediately that we were right, Madrid staff never bothered to read past the first line of text on the screen. A few poor members of staff and a lack of customer skills destroys what would otherwise be a great airline bargain.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  2 August 2011 by Borislav Stankovic   (Serbia)

I flew ORY-BCN. My flight from Paris was on time, 1 hr late on my return, but such things happen to all airlines. Check in is fast and easy, staff friendly and overall helpful, especially at Barcelona airport. Before I bought tickets I read the previous comments in which most people complained about the legroom - didn't have such problems, it is less spacious, yet comfortable enough, and with a small fare you can choose seats with more legroom. Flight attendants professional and polite, food and drinks of a reasonable price. I'll definitely use their services in the future.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  23 July 2011 by John McKellar   (UK)

I have flown Vueling on several occasions for business from LHR-BIO and couldn't fault anything. On my last flight from BIO-PMI, I was amazed to see two civilians being invited into the cockpit for take off during the taxiing. They returned to the cabin once we were airborne but were invited back on the descent into Palma for the landing. I emailed Vueling asking about this but got a non sensical answer. Less impressive was the lack of response from the Spanish authorities asking them what they thought of it.

Vueling Airlines customer review :  12 July 2011 by Bill Jackson   (Spain)

BCN-JMK. Excellent flights both ways. The flight out was less than half full and very comfortable. The plane was clean and the staff friendly. Just please change those croissants! They are inedible. Flight full on the way back. On time both ways. After a number of recent flights with other low cost carriers, flying with Vueling was a pleasure.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Vueling Airlines Reviews and Vueling Airlines Passenger Opinions about Vueling Airlines standards