Vietnam Airlines Customer Reviews and Vietnam Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2012 by I Packwood    (UK)

HKG-SGN-DAD-SGN-HKG. My partner and I flew to D'nang with Vietnam airlines. The flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh was comfortable. We received a full meal service on board even though the flight was only 2 hours long. Ho Chi Minh itself is a bit of a culture shock. You will need to re-check in for domestic flights. Our connecting flight was cancelled but we were put back onto the next flight. They said we could have dinner in their lounge, but none of their lounges knew what the desk was on about and by then it was too late to question it as there is no airline desk once in the departure lounge. Any longer than a one our transit in SGN is far too long!

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  9 November 2012 by Claire Potter    (UK)

I booked Vietnam Airlines as they are the only company that do direct flights to Vietnam - I was travelling with children and wanted to get to Vietnam in the shortest possible time! The stewards were rude and offhand. Three out of four of our entertainment systems and reading lights didn't work and when we asked to be moved they were uninterested and told us there was nothing that could be done and we should just rest! This was a daytime flight with a 6-year old and a 13-year old. We were told to try and get compensation once we were back home.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  8 November 2012 by Thomas Teuscher    (Switzerland)

For price reasons I travelled Vietnam Airlines last week from Paris - Bangkok (via Hanoi) - Sydney (via Ho Chi Minh) - Paris (via Ho Chi Minh). 1 month ago I travelled Paris - Hanoi return as well. Both times Business class. Service excellent, food and wine very good selection, noodle soups as snacks available throughout the 13 hour flight served by a smiling crew. Only negative is the flight entertainment system which had the same films for all the above cited flights. Crew told me that the programmes only change every 3 to 4 months due to cost reasons - take your own DVDs along.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2012 by Peter Mair    (UK)

Unremarkable short hop from Vientiane to Phnom Penh. Clean comfortable cabin, friendly cabin crew. Belgian (I think) captain gave occasional information.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2012 by T Hill    (Vietnam)

SGN to HAN return: Clean 777 each way with competent FA's. Left on time and arrived on time. Vietnam Airlines SMS'd a flight change the way they promised and did so well in advance. Stay away from starboard row 28. There's lots of leg room, since it's an exit row, but the passenger seats have been "minimized" to accommodate flight attendant seating and are a bit snug for an average sized Westerner.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2012 by A Hawke    (Australia)

3 adults had 4 flights in Business Class Melbourne SGN, SGN Moscow, Frankfurt SGN, SGN Melbourne over September/October. Service on all flights excellent, standout was crew on Frankfurt - SGN leg where staff addressed all by name over course of flight. IFE on all flights ok with good range of movies, food plentiful and good quality, wines good and water provided without request and often. Ground staff helpful in all instances - flights on time and cabins in good shape.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by C Whitehead    (UK)

Returned from Hanoi on a very worn out B777. Food was passable. When we discovered that all 3 consoles in our row did not work we asked to move as there appeared to be lots of empty seats, requested 2 seats together. The crew member said initially that this was not possible but then said that she had found a pair of seats. My husband went to look and by that time someone else had taken the seats, another row with one person sprawled across three seats, the flight was not full. Eventually the Consoles did work but not for most of the 12 hour flight, when it did finally work I missed the last 45 minutes of a film as the crew collected the headphones. Waited for the loo for ages, told a crew member that someone had been in there for a long time and hoped they were OK. Steward knocked on door, no response so he opened it to discover it empty, problem with a broken lock! I don't think it was used after that.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  12 October 2012 by M Reeves    (Vietnam)

Flew SGN-HAN on a relatively old but well enough maintained B777. Food was pretty good and the FAs were pleasant. Flight left on time and luggage came out quickly. My only complaint is about the standard of food in the business class lounge. Otherwise very good.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2012 by J Chan    (Australia)

I flew SYD-SGN-HAN-SGN then REP-SGN-SYD and was pleasantly surprised by Vietnam Airlines. The planes on the long haul sections were fairly new and comfortable with good inflight entertainment systems. Planes on the short haul sections were older with no inflight entertainment. Service was good on all flights, the planes were clean and the food ranged from good to very good.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2012 by B Dawson    (UK)

Flew from London Gatwick to HCMC and from Hanoi to London Gatwick. On both journeys the inflight entertainment was broken leading to two very long and boring 12 hour flights. When we asked the air crew they reacted as if this was a constant problem and apologized that there was nothing they could do. That apart, the food was a decent standard, the staff were very friendly, legroom was adequate but not ideal (6ft Male). The aircraft were very dated B777 with lots of broken consoles, seats and even components held together with duct tape. We would use them again but only if there was no alternative.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2012 by J Maley    (Australia)

Absolutely terrible service, over 48hr delay in Gatwick with little to no information provided on when/how we would get to fly to our destination. Missed a 3 day stop over in Ho Chi Minh because of this delay and the service by staff was extremely disappointing. No benefits offered when we did finally get on a new flight, lots of incorrect flight information provided and generally treated disgracefully by the airline. I was not provided with a Gluten Free meal which I requested (and require for health reasons) and we had broken entertainment systems for the 12hr leg of our journey. I would not recommend flying Vietnam Airlines.

Vietnam Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Michael Tran    (UK)

Flew from London Gatwick to Hanoi to Saigon to HUE to Nha Trang and back to Saigon and back home and I would say that Vietnam airline is a good airline if you want a cheap flight to Southeast Asia. Staff are friendly and the food is at a good standard. Seat comfort is what you would expect for economy. Entertainment is okay but on the first flight the entertainment broke so had to entertain myself for 12 hours but overall if you want a cheap flight to Southeast Asia then I would recommend Vietnam Airlines.