Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by M Fischer    (Germany)

HAM-IST-AYT-IST-HAM: Once onboard, we were greeted by courteous staff. Before takeoff they served Turkish Delight in economy class which is something never to be seen on any other European airlines. They even arranged my vegetarian meal from business class as it was not loaded. TK serves fresh orange juice and lemonade which is perhaps the best drink I have had on onboard! Meals are always tasty and crew are friendly and helpful although I have to say that Chef-onboard service is absolutely useless. Chef did not even know what the vegetarian meal was on TK flights but thanks to the crew who got me something to eat although it came an hour after the service. The legspace is acceptable and much better than Air Berlin and Lufthansa though one of their aircraft's was so old that I could hold the seat cushion. All in all it was a pleasant experience. How I wish they performed with same service on Non EU routes.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Sandro Pentimalli    (Austria)

I flew with Turkish in January in C-Class Vienna-Istanbul-Bangkok and Singapore-Istanbul-Vienna. Its true that they offer good amounts of food, but the quality was poor on all these sectors. Completely tasteless meals, served by flight attendants that did not smile at all and did not understand English. The cabins of the long sectors IST- BKK and SIN-IST were also quite dirty. The most disappointing thing was that the crews on all the sectors were not very friendly. Austrian Airlines also have Do&Co as their caterer, but between Austrian and Turkish there is a big difference.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by K Valius    (Lithuania)

Flew from Vilnius to Dubai. Plane from Vilnius to Istanbul was great and comfortable, yet got very old A330 from Istanbul to Dubai. Service is great, price is ok too. Yet I wish they would make at least a few seats for people taller then 180cm. I'm 189cm and I absolutely hate Airbus seats as their head rest is pointing at my shoulders. Either way, meal is great, pilots look to know what they are doing and overall - pretty satisfied.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

JNB-IST-WAW, 13 and 14th Feb. Flights on time. Metal was A330 and A321, respectively. The long haul was excellent with many food and drink choices. Wines from 4-5 continents ranging from rose, champagne, red and whites, selected from within a wide range, just to my taste. FA attendants were frequent and respectful. IFE maybe the best I've seen and easy to operate. Huge monitors. Bed not fully lie flat so I actually turned around and laid my head on the stool and slept better with my legs in slight upward position. Night-kit given was boring and superfluous. Check-in at transit in JNB only possible 3 hours prior to departure. However, was allowed through security without boarding cards as to kill time in the SAA-lounges. When the check in lady eventually appeared at transit, she was professional and kind and managed even to trace my luggage and give it an additional (needed) label so I could transfer it throughout. The corresponding luggage receipt was smoothly given to me as I entered the stairs boarding the aircraft. The lounge in IST was extended with a huge under-deck 3 days ago and is a world-class positive experience in design, space, beauty, and service provided. IST-WAW on Airbus 321-200. Not business class seat but ordinary economy with tabled middle seat to increase space in the 3x3 configuration. IFE on small ceiling monitors were useless. Staff were alert and kind. As usual for TK, one was dressed up pretending to be a cook, despite we were only 4 pax in business out of 12 possible. Food very good, varied and wide options, inc. of individual cheese plates, deserts, etc. Even champagne was offered on this European flight of a duration of only 2+ hours.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by S Green    (Isreal)

HEL-IST-TLV, 19 Feb. Fog in IST kept us delayed in HEL for 3 hours. Updates from gate agents left much to be desired. 45 minutes circling the foggy airport, not a nice feeling, but eventually landed safely. Next flight to TLV delayed 4 hours. No gate personnel present until boarding. No amenities offered. HEL-IST, A319 with no IFE at all. Crew friendly and nice meal/bar service. Generous with alcohol. IST-TLV, A321 with IFE at every seat. Leg room a disaster compared to other TK a/c. Again all female crew friendly, nice food. I also noticed that on all 4 flights, the aircraft's were never air-conditioned. It meant sitting in a very warm, stuffy and crowded plane until they were ready to go. Not a very welcoming environment. All in all, good service. Will fly again.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by A Arriens    (Netherlands)

AMS-IST: I was on the wing. This section has to do with 1 less FA than in the back. My warm meal arrived cold. KIX-IST: Like on the outbound flight, a sense of disorganization during 1st meal service. One FA was running back and forth. Good on-time performance.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by S Green    (Israel)

TLV-IST-HEL. TLV to IST, B737-800 great leg room, leather seats, no personal IFE. The crew were nice, handed out heart shaped chocolates for Valentines Day. They managed to serve breakfast on this short flight and a bar service. The only bad remark, cabin very hot during boarding, terrible welcome. It got better as we took off. Remote parking in IST, bussed to terminal. Security much quicker than expected. Departure area crowded and stuffy as usual. Again boarded A321 steaming hot. This time legroom was atrocious, could not move, or eat? The B737-800 felt like business class compared to this torture. Crew friendly and hard working, full hot meal service, wine, beer and alcohol were free. This time personal IFE. Product seems inconsistent. All in all a positive experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by T Cabal    (France)

Attempted to fly from Istanbul to Bangkok on Nov 29th, but flight was delayed 5.5 hrs. No explanations given. No compensation despite delays. On-board entertainment was not properly working at my seat. Was too tired anyway. Pretty bad experience. Return flight was better (on time at least).

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by E Igor    (Russia)

IST-EZE, GRU-IST, Economy. I am a frequent flyer with TK (Elite), and there are many things I like about TK, but the biggest problem of this airline is consistency. Some flights are excellent, while others are just a horrible experience. This happened with my flights to EZE and back from GRU. The plane on both legs was awful. Under each seat there is a big metal box, which makes it unbearable in combination with the tight legroom. Overall the plane seemed old and not taken care of. It had not been cleaned properly before departure. The staff were not attentive, forgetting my requests. On the return flight there was no menu, no hot towel, no fresh orange juice. The temperature during the flight - freezing. The lounge in GRU is a joke. The good TAM lounge is closed at night, and they use the Smiles lounge which is simply not acceptable. Ground handling poor - my priority has not been recognized at baggage delivery, and for the return flight the check in staff didn't attach the priority label at all. All in all, if I only took this one flight and judged TK based on this experience, I would definitely not recommend this airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by M Gregory    (UK)

9th Feb, TK70. We purchased our tickets from London to Istanbul and then from Istanbul on to Hong Kong almost as soon as they were released, 11 months before we were due to travel. Perhaps because we booked through an online travel agent we were not offered seat selection at that point. We didn't worry too much because we assumed that the airlines default position would be to sit a couple together and after all we had booked very early. This turned out to be a naive assumption! When we attempted to check in online, which was more than 36 hours before the Istanbul to Hong Kong flight, the only seats available were at opposite ends of the cabin. Our pleas to the Turkish airlines office in London, the check in desk at Gatwick and the transfer desk at Istanbul were all to no avail. This completely ruined the flight for me, whilst I respect that the airline couldn't bump someone from a pre booked seat, we should have been sat together by default at point of booking.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by C Yilmaz    (Turkey)

737-900. Although we were delayed 4 hours in Manchester due to high winds (not a problem) we had a lovely smooth flight, the business class seats on this plane are excellent, plenty of room and fully reclining. Very good service, once seated a glass of juice or wine was offered, then a lovely salmon salad, later a choice of chicken beef or macaroni - plenty to eat and wines excellent. Turkish or French wines offered, plus liqueurs. Entertainment first class.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Klaus Malling    (Denmark)

Flew CPH-IST-Bombay mid December 2013. One more good experience with THY, all flights on time and service as expected good. No other European carrier serves this amount of meals on intraeuropean flights, and service about the same on intercontinental. As a regular flyer on THY in recent years I would recommend changing the meals a little - on all 4 flights food was the same as before, always delicious, but perhaps a little tired compared to some years ago. Beverage service excellent, and although staff of THY are not very smiley, they were effective. Inflight entertainment good with good selection of movies, both older and recently published. Transfer in IST chaotic on way out, very smooth on return flight. Again I can recommend THY for both service, costs and extensive route network.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 February 2014 by Sharon Salie    (South Africa)

Flew to Muscat via Istanbul and returned a month later. Very pleasant experience. Take off and landing super. Took advantage of tour of Istanbul and the use of the hotel on our return leg. Food good. However, the ground crew not friendly at all but cabin crew were superb.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Ahmed Shihab    (Bangladesh)

DHK-IST then IST-JFK. This was my first time with Turkish airline. Cabin staff were rude. On my first leg, I ordered a glass of water twice but it never came, I had to walk to the galley to get my glass of water. The food was served after 1 hour. It was an 8.5 hrs flight so me and my wife slept a bit after the meal was done. I took beef biriyani and my wife took grilled chicken. The chicken was really tasty unfortunately I choose the wrong meal. Then before landing we were served a sandwich which was good. On our 2nd leg IST to JFK, (10 hrs 30 mins), it was an early morning flight which was supposed to take off at 7.30 but got delayed 45 minutes. First meal (scrambled egg with mushroom) was served immediately after take off which was tasty but the cabin crews were again disappointing. Again I ordered a cocktail but it didn't come the first time I asked for it. I would recommend this flight as its cheap.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Risat Haque    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Dhaka (14th January), return Dhaka to London (11th January). Completely mixed bag experience when comparing the outbound and return journeys. The outbound was 10 out 10 due to punctuality, professionalism, amenities etc. I took advantage of the free Istanbul Tour offered by the Turkish Airlines. For the return leg the flight was delayed by 7.5 hours due to foggy conditions at Dhaka, which obviously is not Turkish's fault. I was put on a different connecting flight to London which was supposed to depart within 1 hour of the arrival of the Dhaka flight to Istanbul. However, the flight took 8.5 hours instead of 7 hours which meant that I missed the London flight. But what made this experience worse is the lack of in-flight entertainment system on this 8.5 hour flight. If Turkish is to compete with the other Airlines (Emirates, Qatar, Etihad) flying to Dhaka, it has to take the Istanbul-Dhaka-Istanbul route seriously and ensure consistency across the flights.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax