Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

Visit Turkish Airlines

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Turkish Airlines Passenger Reviews and Turkish Airlines customer trip Reports

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Khan Mamun    (UK)

Travelled from Birmingham, UK to Dhaka, Bangladesh via Istanbul, the on-going flight was ok. The return flight was not as pleasant the inflight entertainment system was not working. I asked the cabin crew if they could help but they were far too busy. Eventually after a long wait I was relocated to another seat similarly on the new seat the inflight entertainment system was not working. I had to make the entire journey (6 hours plus) with nothing to do. As a result I would not recommend Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Vidya Sagar Pasupulatti Bangaru    (USA)

Houston to Delhi on 26th and it was quite impressive. Staff were attentive, food was excellent and service excellent. I travel at least twice every year to India and this has been the best I have encountered. The only downside was the leg space in economy, however was impressed with the Premium Economy (although it was all booked and available only on the first leg). I am looking forward to my next trip on 11/05 with a stop in Istanbul and heading to Chicago on 22nd.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by T Ryan    (USA)

JFK-IST-TLV and return. Flew with my family to Israel for Spring Break. This was my first time flying with Turkish Airlines and will not be my last. Flight attendants were very nice to me for all flights. Food was very good! Eggplant stuffed with minced beef was fantastic! JFK-IST and IST-JFK flights had good IFE with many music and movie selections to choose from. TLV-IST and IST-TLV flights had no inflight entertainment but this was only a two hour flight so I just slept. Seats were nice for economy. If only airlines in the US learned from airlines like Turkish. A very good experience.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Mark Hall    (UK)

Flew MAN-MBA return in April. Both legs to and from MAN-IST were full. The service was great, with a full meal and a good selection of drinks for economy. We had Exit row seats and had ample leg room. Full use of the entertainment system on these legs (good for 3.40 hour flight) and a decent selection of films, however the games were not much to have. All fights on time and no luggage issues. Check-in staff in Manchester were very good and helpful and Mombassa staff polite, friendly and obliging too. Long-haul flight on single aisle 737-900, service good, though not quite the same high standard of the MAN-IST leg. On 7 hour flight to MBA, only one full meal service, thought they could of managed at least another drinks service, many passengers went to the galley to get a drink. The return flight (4.00am) an average breakfast was served and sandwich snack before landing, same entertainment system. This flight also included flight socks and shades, which was a plus. FAs were friendly on the whole (male FAs more so then the female), though not always obliging and scarce once the meal service was over. Overall a really good experience and superior too many other European airlines, would not hesitate one bit to flight them again, in fact would prefer too - price wise very competitive and even cheaper too. Look forward to flying with them again. One tip - give yourself time to transfer at, a busy, Istanbul airport.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Alex Sheyni    (UK)

Flew from Istanbul to Tehran very recently, old and dirty airplane, very unhelpful cabin crew. Return from Tehran to Istanbul was a nightmare as I had to wait 1.45 hrs to check in due to a lack of staff at the airport. I will not recommend the airline at any price.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Penola Greg    (Turkey)

Travelled ESB-IST-LHR and return 2/4/14 and 7/4/14. Both sets of flights and aircraft were satisfactory. Flight between Ankara and Istanbul is short so the crew have just enough time to give out the picnic baskets of food before descent commences. Sandwiches are served on the domestic flights which are ok, but not a substitute for a proper meal. London flights were ok, food was served within the first hour of the flight but then the cabin crew were almost non-existent for the remainder of the flight. Selection of food was not available to me on both international flights probably because I was sat in an exit row half way down the aircraft. It was beef or nothing. Connection between the two flights was stressful as navigating Ataturk airport customs is a long process. The most disappointing thing about the flights is the attitude of the cabin crew towards the safety rules. Many passengers on Turkish Airlines do not observe the seatbelt sign and will get out of their seats while the aircraft is taxiing to open overhead lockers. This occurred on all flights and the cabin crew were indifferent and didn't say a thing on all occasions. This is a very different attitude compared with other airlines. The command of English of the cabin crew and at times the pilots is quite poor also which is surprising for a growing international airline.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by John Fox    (Ireland)

DUB-IST-PEK and return. Check-in slow at both DUB and PEK due to group travel. All four flights full. European sectors particularly good with very friendly, smiling and welcoming onboard staff and food above average. IST-PEK outbound delayed by almost 3 hours with no explanation given. Service good, staff efficient but indifferent on the long-haul flights with food below par on occasion particularly breakfast. Dinner on both long-haul sectors meals edible. Drinks plentiful with frequent top-ups. Entertainment excellent with plenty of choice of movies and programming. Will definitely use again but a little bit more required to maintain 4-star rating.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Ron Kuhlmann    (USA)

LAX-IST-BCN and return. Turkish continues to be a favorite with the finest catering I have encountered on any airline. On the intercontinental segments, both the appetizer and the dessert are chosen from a cart laden (truly) with an incredible selection of options. The menu is extensive and provides something for every taste. While food in Business Class is generally good on every airline, Turkish takes it to a new level and provides and experience worth anticipation. The crews are friendly and the seating is comfortable for long flights. All services were on time and the Istanbul Lounge is a wonderful place for relaxing between flights.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by K Grzymski    (Canada)

TXL-IST-KRT return. With Lufthansa stopping its flights to KRT in January no major European airline flies there anymore. Thus flying from Europe the shortest route one has to take either Turkish Airlines or Egyptair. Since I had good experience with THY in the past I took them once again and have no complaints, except for the 50 mins delay on the IST-KRT leg and the fact that they stopped serving alcohol on flights to sharia-law countries such as Sudan. The food was good and seats in the 738 were comfortable providing sufficient legroom even for a 4.10 hrs IST-KRT flight. Ataturk airport has been renovated since my last visit there and the wait for the connecting flights was quite pleasant.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Le Jeune    (UK)

I fly every 3 weeks on Turkish. Having a good experience is like a game of roulette. Some aircraft's are excellent, others very old and shabby. Economy class does what it says on the tin, but Business class is generally below the standard of peers. However one thing is constant: the poor level of service. If anything goes wrong or if you have a special request, just forget about it and remember this is an emerging airline. Cheap A to B in economy, why not? But as a business traveler, I cannot honestly recommend Turkish.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by C Chun    (Thailand)

Quick flight IST-ATH return on the A321. Was really impressed by the 'picnic basket' served for breakfast both ways by DO&CO. They do the best catering. Service was fine but the stand out is their lounge at Istanbul Airport. It is fantastic showcasing the best of Turkish cuisine.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by S Bordachev    (Russia)

Lyon-IST-Moscow. 2 delays on our flights. Each of them for more than 30 minutes. Food quality was good. Not enough space for legs.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Joe Seb    (UK)

MAN-IST return. Efficient check in, clean plane. Good entertainment system. Food quality good. Poor leg room on the A321 in economy. However the same main course was served both sectors and although they give you a menu card with two options, there was in fact only one option on both sectors. No separate drinks service, only with food. Not up to the standard of the ME carriers.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Mohammed Panjwani    (UK)

TK1964, LGW-SAW, TK0898, SAW-IKA on Oct 16th and return on Oct 30th on TK0899, IKA-SAW, TK1963, SAW-LGW. I flew October 2013 from London to Tehran Via IST. This is by far the worst airline I have travelled with, the food was ok but thats about it. The seats are uncomfortable, there is no TV or entertainment. I believe they have new planes with TV's and comfortable seats for transatlantic routes but havent and will never try those.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by W Gaynor    (USA)

I'm a frequent traveler hopping on planes every couple of weeks for U.S. domestic and European travel and my recent experience flying Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to JFK is the worst flight experience I have had. It started with not being able to contact the airline on the day of the flight to confirm the flight time on March 30th, a day that Europe moved to daylight saving time, but the Turkish government for some odd reason decided to delay the switch for twenty-four hours at the last minute. Next a surly person at the Turkish Airline check-in counter followed by a lengthy delay for takeoff due to the computer-automated baggage system being down. On the flight my travel companion and I were separated by the flight crew to accommodate a family that wanted to be seated together. We repeatedly told them we were traveling together, he was moved to economy plus/business with plenty of seats around him, but they refused to move me. So on an eleven-hour flight I ended up with no one to chat with. Finally the plane was full of toddlers and clearly the flight crew was having difficulty keeping the bathrooms clean and the cabin ended up smelling awful for the last 2 to 3 hours of the flight. On pulling out my laptop to do some work I discovered there was not enough room with the seat in front of me to actually open the laptop fully.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Rossini Maitre    (USA)

I flew from JFK to Madrid and back from Rome to JFK. Outbound flight was not a good one with a delay resulting in missing our connecting flight to Madrid, but it was mainly due to heavy snow and delay at JFK itself. However the returning flight was a real nightmare: We (family of 4) were not given the seats we reserved on the phone with the airline. They cancelled our flight out of Rome and replaced it with one leaving 4 hours later and arriving at IST 2 hours after our connecting flight to JFK left. The funny thing is that on the phone and at the Rome airport, the reps I spoke to kept reassuring us that we will be able to catch our flight anyway. Of course they were not being truthful and we missed our flight and were put in a hotel. We had to pay Turkish entry visas. But the worst came when they made pre-arrangement with the hotel for our food. They did not give any voucher, but pre-ordered a dish (same for everybody) consisting in a bowl of some kind of soup, a fistful of rice with a piece of unidentified meat on top and no dring (not even water) allowed. They had no consideration for people's choice or diet preferences. You may get lucky but you may also dearly regret flying with them.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Mandy Vassigh    (USA)

This was my 4th trip with Turkish and will be my last. Coming back from Istanbul to Houston on April 6th, all the flight attendants were missing in action for about 6-7 hours. They ran out of chicken by the time they got to row 31. No beverages were offered for hours and after ringing 3 times and getting nowhere, I had to get up and go and look for someone. Service has gone down considerably since 2008. The seats are very tight, I am a small person and was having hard time in the economy seats.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by T Foran    (Canada)

YYZ-IST. Our aircraft arrived past our departure time, so we were 2.5 hours late leaving. On Board: Turkish's Comfort Class well done, food service and comfort. Seat was not great for sleep, but we managed. Arriving very late at IST and line up for passport control for over 45 minutes, we felt fortunate that our luggage was still there as it was almost an hour before we got to luggage belt. If we arrived on time this would not have happened. All of last five flights with TK were late.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Gouranga Roy    (UK)

TK1980 (14/3/2014) and 1985 (31/3/2014). Flights both outward and in were nightmares. For economy passengers, the cabin, seats, food etc were fine. The cabin crew onboard were courteous enough. Onboard entertainment on outward flight was fine. The connecting flights were the ones that caused problems. On our outward journey, there was only one hour allowed for us to get to the connecting flight from Istanbul to Dhaka. This one hour is too little. I am 71 years old, and I was made to run behind the porter who was young and strong and was running and pushing my wife in a wheelchair through various check points to get us to the connecting flights on time. On the way back it was even worse. This time, the time allowed for changeover at Istanbul was 1.5 hrs. The plane arrived late and after a very long wait, the plane eventually stopped on one part of the runway. Passengers were bussed away and then the marathon began for them to get to the terminal for connecting flights. Same again, running behind the porter pushing and running with my wife in the wheelchair. He managed to get us to the plane, but just. There was no onboard entertainment on the flight from Dhaka to Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Neill Patrick    (UK)

Chose the airline due to recommendation and price. Went from Gatwick to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul, experienced a long delay on the outward leg at Istanbul but otherwise flights were on time. Staff were very attentive and the food was excellent. When transferring flights at Istanbul on the return leg, queues were dreadful requiring us to go through security again - this needs to be sorted out! However would certainly use them again as overall the level of service was extremely high.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax