TAP Air Portugal  Customer Reviews and TAP Portugal Passenger Trip Reports

TAP Portugal customer review :  29 May 2015 by H Moosbrugger    (Austria)

LIS-GIG in business on A330. Flight left and arrived on time. Plane was in good shape and the crew very friendly, good service throughout flight. Seat was comfortable, food on board was good. Excellent Portuguese wines (the exception being the sparkling, which I did not like). Only negative item was the vintage IFE, which consisted of only 4 channels in 2 languages each, on which showed various movies in a loop.

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 May 2015 by Daniele Tedesco    (Italy)

TP836, C class, LIS-FCO. I was upgraded at gate and experienced an almost normal seating arrangement (2+3 instead of 3+3), therefore not particularly different than in Y class. Congratulations however to the staff, extremely polite, proactive, smiling and efficient. Excellent food: choice between two main dishes, food was well presented, tasty, and in due quantity. Extremely good choice of Portuguese wines, including an excellent douro white plus a 10 years old port and madeira.

TAP Portugal customer review :  26 May 2015 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

FAO-LIS. Operated by Portugalia. Very old E145. 35 min flight. Bus messy boarding. Leather seats. No service at all on board. Not even water.

TAP Portugal customer review :  26 May 2015 by Joel Costi    (France)

TP438, May 19. Flew Lisbon - Paris, coach. Delayed plane, unfriendly staff, awful sandwich and no cool coke, warm and no ice! Two good points nevertheless, price 65 euros ow and arrival in Paris Orly which is closed to city.

TAP Portugal customer review :  26 May 2015 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

LIS-GIG. A340 (retrofitted). Easy check-in at special C class ground floor counters in LIS. Easy boarding despite lack of discipline of non C passengers (not TAP fault). Nice and clean seats. Great IFE with a very intelligent selection of video on demand. Very smiley FAs. Food was just inedible. Arrived on time. Priority luggage first to be delivered.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 May 2015 by H Nathues    (Switzerland)

We travelled on TP931 from ZRH to LIS last Thursday. First negative impression came up, when we approached the gate: instead of boarding 40 minutes prior to departure (which is quite a long time for ZRH, where I fly nearly every two weeks), the boarding started only 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. So, instead of spending the time in the Swiss lounge (I am *G), we had to wait 25 minutes before getting access to an old A320 with really outdated seating. The leg space was non-existent (row 14) and even newspapers were old. The aircraft definitively has seen better times. FA's were very impolite and at one moment I was nearly disciplined for moving towards the rear door just to give way for a FA (I was waiting in front of the toilet, when one FA came along the alley to the rear of the aircraft). No smiling and no kind words. There was only a small sandwich as meal for a 2.45 hours flight, which I think is not adequate. I would expect that with a LCC, but not with a Star Alliance member airline. Landing with more than 15 minutes delay in LIS we were rewarded with an apron position instead of a gate position. Of course, there was not a single word of excuse from the crew a bad start into the weekend. On the way back we had booked in business class, which was a little bit better in terms of seating and definitively better in terms of catering. However, on that flight there were at least 15 OpUps into business (maybe less than 10 paid tickets) and we asked ourselves why did we bother to pay for it.

TAP Portugal customer review :  3 May 2015 by R Himmel    (Germany)

I flew the end of February from Frankfurt to Natal (Brazil). The flight from Lisbon to Natal was delayed for 3 hours with no explanation from the very impolite TAP staff. They rejected to answer and said to wait. Finally, the aircraft was changed to a small and unknown Portuguese charter company named White. The plane was an old and heavily used A310, no entertainment and seats were not adjustable. The return two weeks later was again 4 hours delayed and flying back with the same old aircraft. Again staff were very unfriendly and seats were not working. I lost my connection flight and train, because of the delay. I cannot recommend this airline and surely will not book any flight with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 April 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

LIS-AMS on Jan 20 on an Airbus 320 in Business - straight forward morning point to point flight as part of an intercontinental itinerary. Flight was on time (and this is where the good things end) and Business Class was almost empty - Premium Check in at LIS with no lines, but refused to check our luggage through to VIE on OS (both airlines are part of Star Alliance), as “they are not allowed to do this, unless the connection is on TAP. Although we used two separate tickets, this was never an issue before with other major airlines. I guess the agent just did not want to deal with it. As we had a longer layover in AMS, it was not a real problem, but inconvenient. Boarding was bizarre and the procedure just plain stupid. At first the flight was called for boarding 30 minutes before departure and people are asked to line up starting with pre-boarding for small children and the physically challenged. They were first in line. Then one gate agent goes through the line and tells everybody to stand in one of three new lines (based on class of service and seat number), once this is finished the gate agent starts to board line by line. However you are not allowed to actually board the plane, but you have to stand in a new line at the gangway for further 10 minutes before the actual boarding of the plane commences. Basically everybody including families with small children and business class passengers had to stand in three different lines for 30 minutes before they were allowed to board the plane. Never seen such an atrocious boarding procedure before. Once on board service was very lacklustre and limited to the initial meal service and tax free sales. Other than that the female FA was in hiding mode behind the curtain. You could actually see her skipping through various magazines, totally unconcerned with serving passengers. Also, breakfast was a small plate of cold cuts and sub-par for an almost three hour business class flight. All in all a very disappointing flight, especially as previous experiences with TP in Economy have been quite good. TP lounge is Lisbon is nice with good quality offerings both drink- and food wise, but tends to get packed during busy times. I could not say that any aspect of the flight was in line with one expects from business class. No drama, as TP got us to our destination on time, but clearly not recommended, as the experience was somewhere between mediocre (on board) and unpleasant (check-in and boarding), Definitely, not good enough, for business class prices. (Star Alliance Gold).

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 April 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

GIG-OPO-LIS on Jan 18, GIG-OPO on an old Airbus 330-200, OPO-LIS on an A319, both legs in Business Class, both flights on time with an easy transfer at OPO, FA's were attentive and friendly and showed Portuguese hospitality on board. However, the transatlantic flight was on an old Airbus 330-200 with angle flat seats in an old style 2-2-2 configuration that were not really that comfortable for sleeping and a vintage entertainment system from the 80s with bad screens showing a couple of films in a loop with even no way to finding out, when a film actually starts. What was surprising was that the cabin actually did not look that old and quite fresh. No idea why TP kept the old style seats and the useless entertainment system when they freshened up the plane. Dinner served out of GIG was nicely presented and ok, but not stellar. Canapés, Smoked Trout (or two other choices) and soup for starters and Sautéed Seafood with Veggies (or Chicken with Lentils or Brazilian Style Dried Beef or Spinach Lasagne) for mains. Portuguese Wines served were good. However, the limited cold breakfast (cold cuts and yoghurt) served before landing after such a long flight was definitely not adequate for Business Class. TP uses the Gol Lounge in GIG. While the lounge was comfortable, the offerings available were in line with the discount character of Gol and disappointing. OPO-LIS was just a 30 minutes short hop with water served and actually no service to be expected for such a short flight. Most of the Business Class cabin was occupied by TP staff with paying Business Class passengers seated in middle seats, while TP staff has been allocated bulkhead seats, aisle seats, etc. Just a short hop, so tolerable, but a weird mind set regarding customer orientation. Transfer and EU immigration in OPO fast and easy and shared lounge used by TP in OPO comfortable and nice. All, in all a discount Business Class experience, but not an unpleasant flight and on-time arrival. However, flight to Brazil with LX was a much better experience. TP needs to retire or update these old planes to offer a really competitive transatlantic product. If available at a substantial discount, I would not rule TP out for another long haul flight again. (Star Alliance Gold).

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 March 2015 by J Dias    (Portugal)

I flew from Lisbon to Paris (Orly) and back. The Planes were Airbus 319. Leg space could be better. I found the staff neat, friendly and professional. They greeted us with a smile and a salute. It has improved since the last time I flew with TAP. On the first trip the board meal was a simple turkey or chicken ham sandwich, rather plain. On the way back I had a delicious tuna sandwich. One of the best I ate on board. Both flights departed on schedule, we even arrived earlier at Lisbon. Actually I was going to try AirTransavia for the first time but they changed my 9 am flight to 6.45 pm without much justification (which would make me completely waste my 1st day) so it cost me 35 Euros more but gave me a free meal, free luggage and free cabin luggage. If we buy in advance TAP is only slightly more costly than low cost airlines but includes much more for what we pay.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 March 2015 by D Yarney    (UK)

I was sceptical about flying with TAP Portugal due to all the negative feedback and only few positive reviews but I still went ahead and flew with them. My flight 15th to the 23th Feb was LGW to LIS, LIS to LHR the outbound flight was ok, smooth flight, departed on time, the boarding process was fairly quick! The aircraft looked refreshed - it was Airbus A320-200, the leather seats where comfortable considering this flight was 2 hours. Food was basic, just a sandwich with typical fillings - tomato cheese and lettuce. Flying back same aircraft, we were 10 minutes late due to late pax arriving at the gate but we landed on time back in Heathrow. Considering Paying less than £100 and getting food and drink included and 23kg luggage limit and having a pleasant flight with TAP Portugal I will fly with them again in the future.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 March 2015 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

LIS-FAO, A319. 30 ion flight. No service, even not water. Price: 120 Euros return. Believe it or not. Not yet attacked by Ryanair.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 March 2015 by Martins Coias    (UK)

LHR-LIS return. After flying with them last month I did again book to go to Lisbon. Again I was not disappointed with the service. Going out flight was on time and while there was some confusion with the hand luggage allowed the flight went smoothly and excellent service. Got a special meal and happy with friendly and attentive crew. Returning to London flight was also on time although I really dislike boarding a plane via the bus and this is something TAP needs to change. Normally we board via the arm but there was a Rio de Janeiro flight boarding in that gate so I guess those flights have priority. Again cabin crew was attentive and friendly. I am surprised with comments here as TAP provides a very good service in Europe taking into account the current service on other airlines such as Ryanair and easyjet. Have already booked with them for May.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 March 2015 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

GIG-LIS, A330-200. Old model. No smile at check-in. He same extremely poor lounge (GOL airlines), unacceptable, and now under renovation was a lot of works' noise. As one of the 5 old A330 that TAP refuses to upgrade, IFE was poorer than any other airline in Europe. Not on demand at all. Of course, no Wi-fi, etc.. Plus the uncomfortable beds. A pity. Good news: wine list has been improved. TAP is selling Business class tickets between Brazil and Europe but has 5 old aircraft's (Ex- SWISS) and do not invests in renovating them. It is then a pure gamble for passengers.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 March 2015 by I Barreto    (Brazil)

TP 0086, GRU-LIS, 6/27/14. TP 0089, LIS-GRU, 7/6/14. I have flown TAP several times from different cities in Brazil to Lisbon and never had any problems at all. Staff are smiling, food is great, wine is superb, in-flight entertainment is good, seats are comfortable. I do prefer TAP to many other companies like Iberia, Air France, KLM or BA to fly to Europe (except from Swiss or Lufthansa).

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 March 2015 by Michele Caforio    (Italy)

I've flown from Milan Malpensa to Lisbon and back three days later. First experience with TAP and I would fly them again. Both flights arrived on time, return even ahead of schedule on the A321, seat comfort was not so good, while on the A319 quite good. Service and food good for a European flight.

TAP Portugal customer review :  24 February 2015 by D Freitas    (Portugal)

FNC-LIS. A rather young cabin crew and maybe due to that, or not, it was the first time since the nineties that I found TAP actually caring for their passengers. A sandwich was offered along with something to drink. If only they would be always like that. The seat pitch though is absolutely terrible.

TAP Portugal customer review :  24 February 2015 by P Moss    (UK)

Flew TAP several times, very rare to be on time. Flew with my family on 24 October 14. The flight was late no reason given, when we arrived in Lisbon our car hire company could not be contacted. As we had two young children with us we took a taxi to our destination. Cost us 135 euros. The main problem that I had was the staff at the gate were very rude and off hand. They changed my seat telling me that someone had my seat despite the fact I had booked in on line two days prior to flying. When I got on the plane someone was sitting in the seat I had then been allocated. The steward made me go to the back of the plane while he sorted it out. I was then two rows in front of my family at no time was an apology made in fact I was made to feel it was my fault. When I got up during the flight to use the toilet I stood talking to my family, there were several people standing up the same steward came up and demanded I sat down. He was very rude throughout the flight. Not sure if they have heard about customer service. On the plus side our return flight was on time and the staff that time were very good. I did email customer service when I got back in November but had no acknowledgement or apology. Fly often to Lisbon but am getting very fed up with Tap and if it happens again will not fly with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Lisbon-Warsaw, Business Class. Flight surprisingly on time, which doesn't happen too often out of Lisbon Airport. Airbus A319. Seats were made of leather, but hard, old-fashioned and uncomfortable, with quite limited legroom. Boarding was quick, however cabin crew was not too interested with taking jackets and coats off the passengers. Smart and interesting safety demo. After take off absolutely nothing happened for 1 hr 27 minutes, when crew decided to start their service! Not a welcome drink before take off, not any drinks or even hot towels for almost 90 minutes. We had to go to the galley and ask for glass of water, in business class, while crew was having their food. This is something I never understand with TAP, waiting sometimes up to two hours to start the service. Why? They did go through the cabin with duty free card, but food and drinks were still not served. Finally menu arrived followed by meal, which was nice and tasty, except horrible pudding. Later crew disappeared for another 1.5 hrs. Overall, flight on time, food was tasty, but service was below any expectations, especially waiting for almost 1.5 hr for even glass of water, in Business Class!

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 February 2015 by P Alexandre Coias    (UK)

LHR-LIS return - I haven't been home for a while (Portugal) and I now fly a lot more due to the cheap fares. I haven't flown TAP in a year but I was again pleasantly surprised for the excellent service. The bad reviews here did not put me off booking with them. I am a gluten intolerant and I have the possibility of requesting a GF upfront for free and was very happy with this. Flight out of London on time with nice and friendly cabin crew. Flight was smooth with plenty of food and drink. On the way back from Lisbon, boarding was quick and again flight was on time and with a nice cabin crew. I don't agree with most of the reviews here - excellent service, pre booked seat, 23 kg for free and free food? This is one of the best deals around in Europe! Thumbs up for TAP - Keep it up!

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 February 2015 by G Vojko    (Slovenia)

VCE-LIS-VCE, 29 Jan 2015 and 7 Feb 2015, A319 and A320 with quite a lot of legroom. Both flights on time. The crew were friendly and professional. Only downside being the meal: now on the inedible side of the airline food. On the other hand wine is still good also in economy.

TAP Portugal customer review :  26 January 2015 by P Carvalho    (Brazil)

TP74, GIG-LIS, 8 Jan 2015. TP956, LIS-GVA, 9 Jan 2015. TP953, GVA-LIS, 18 Jan 2015. TP73, LIS-GIG, 22 Jan 2015. Some of the long-haul aircraft have a descent Inflight entertainment with on-demand music and films, which works very well, but many others have an extremely outdate inflight entertainment system, which is not on-demand, and is terrible. I would not reccommend it since all the times I flied TAP I had to worry if my flight would happen due to some pay rise strike.

TAP Portugal customer review :  19 January 2015 by Carl Spurling    (UK)

Fly TAP regularly from Manchester to Faro via Lisbon. I really like them, friendly crews, food and drink (even in economy) included in ticket price comfortable seating with good leg room and free luggage allowance. What's not to like. Oh and never had much in the way of delays. Will use them as often as it fits with my schedule. A nice touch I have been upgraded a couple of times to business class, very pleasant.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 January 2015 by J Bargent    (UK)

Business Class from Funchal to Lisbon and Lisbon to London Heathrow - we were pleasantly surprised at the efficiency of all the staff both at the airport and on board TAP airline. The only thing that lets it down is the service in the business lounge both in Funchal and Lisbon airport - the passengers had to get on a bus to get to the plane. Service on the plane was great, food was good and drinks were plentiful. There were no delays and we arrived at LHR with our luggage on the carousel waiting for us.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 January 2015 by L Montenegro    (Portugal)

Flew business from Lisbon to Recife return. On the way to Brazil, we flew on the old A330, which wasn't too bad apart from the IFE, which were very outdated, and you had to basically follow the films on each channel, as you could not pause them, and there was a poor selection of films. The seats on the old A330 were quite good, taking into consideration the aircraft's age - the only downside of the seats was that they didn't convert into flat- beds. On the way back to Lisbon, we flew on one of the recently acquired A330's, which had an upgraded IFE, touchscreen and basically the same entertainment system of all other European airlines, except from the fact that there were no options to watch the external camera - which for me isn't too much of a problem; the selection of films was quite good this time. Couldn't see too much of a difference from the old seats on the recent aircraft, apart from a more modern design and the fact that it had a massage function and reclined 180 degrees, but nothing compared to the seats on other airlines. Staff were quite friendly and always present (they would show up in less than one minute after pressing the button) - far too different than in economy. The food was indeed very good, with a good selection of wines and main courses. On the way back from Brazil, they served typical Brazilian dishes, though breakfast was too simple for business class. The lounge in Lisbon is very good, though avoidable on peak hours; the lounge in Recife is a joke: terrible! Overall experience with TAP business on long haul flights: quite good, and not pricey which makes it worth it.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 January 2015 by Dagot Stéphane    (France)

ORY-FNC via Lisbon. TAP provides a quite decent service on these routes at very competitive prices: free baggage, on-time flights, leather seats, hot meal on international flights and a good choice of drinks free with good wines. Crew are of different moods: some do just their job but are polite, and some are very attentive. The crews' uniform is very elegant and most of them are very smart. A nice thing to know: a large number of TAP agents and crew speak French, some of them very fluently and are happy to speak it (not like in Swiss !). All check-and boarding in Portugal were made in French. It's a nice and professional touch.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 January 2015 by G Tucker    (Australia)

8 December, TP 571. Flew Tap from Frankfurt to Lisbon. Flight was delayed 20 mins, but after that boarding was smooth and efficient. Especially want to praise the cabin crew who were delightful. They were friendly and helpful and constantly smiling. The hot meal was an unexpected bonus as was the drinkable wine, both of which were complimentary. Our experience with TAP was perfectly fine.

TAP Portugal customer review :  5 January 2015 by John Duerden    (UK)

LGW/OPO on 24 December, returning 27th December. The fare was competitive, check-ins fine, the cabin crew smiled (on both legs of the trip) the flights were on time. Outcome: Excellent. What's not to like?

TAP Portugal customer review :  31 December 2014 by M Balazs    (UK)

Porto - London Gatwick flight delayed 2hrs and 7 minutes for no apparent reason. Only explanation given was that the plane came late from Lisbon. I believe they should have provided phone, email, meal vouchers over 2 hrs of delay, nothing like that happened. Be careful with them.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 December 2014 by R Simon    (Austria)

LGW-LIS on Dec 4 on an Airbus 320 in Economy - straight forward midday point to point flight. Flight was more or less on time, slight delay into LIS not an issue. Web check-in was working fine and bag drop at Gatwick was friendly with no lines. Portuguese hospitality on board, very pleasant, friendly flight attendants. A salmon flatbread and drinks including beer and wine were served. FA's were present in the cabin throughout the flight and additional drinks were served on request. Bag out in LIS within minutes after arriving at the belt. Excellent product by TP with food, drinks, allocated seats and checked luggage included in the ticket price. Fare was also very competitive. Below GBP 60.- a one-way, including ridiculous UK departure taxes. Unfortunately TP uses a bus gate for this flight at both Gatwick and Portela, but that just a very minor inconvenience. The only negative was, that TP uses a pay-per-entry lounge (No. 1 Lounge) for its frequent travelers. The lounge was hopelessly overcrowded. As I did not find a half comfortable space to sit, I left again. It was much more comfortable to just wait for the flight in the general departure hall. (Star Alliance Gold).

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 December 2014 by R Duarte    (Brussels)

BRU-LIS, Oct 18/14. Delayed more than two hours, usual lack of info. Flew with TAP seven times since Dec, all but one flight delayed. Stopped using their service, do not recommend.

TAP Portugal customer review :  1 December 2014 by O Cano    (Belgium)

Flight TP 62, 16 Nov 2014, Rio de Janeiro-Porto, Business Class, Airbus 330. Very mediocre airline and service. Main comments: Plane: The plane was from beginning of the 90s! As a result of the age, the seats and toilets were old and run-down. I had to change seat (the same goes for my neighbor) because the screens were dead. Staff: better than economy (were they are completely demotivated and even rude) but depends on each of the flight attendants. Some were professional and caring, many others were just careless and depressive. Food: better than economy, but still very mediocre and even sad. The wines, from Porto and Alentejo, were not bad.

TAP Portugal customer review :  1 December 2014 by O Cano    (Belgium)

Flight TP 75, Lisboa-Rio de Janeiro, Airbus, 340, Economy class, 8 Nov 2014. The flight left with 1hr delay (ok, this can happen to any airline depending on many factors). The plane was far from being new but still acceptable. The worst of the trip was the following: Staff: the most rude team I've ever seen and I'm a frequent traveler. They never smiled, worked liked forced to do so, unpleasant, not caring about anything and even careless regarding physical appearance and uniform. Food: cheap basic rice with bad meat, bad presentation. TAP is usually cheaper than other airlines but get ready to receive a bad/mediocre service! Hopefully they manage to privatize it after several attempts and they become more professional.

TAP Portugal customer review :  1 December 2014 by O Cano    (Belgium)

Flight Porto-Brussels, 17 Nov 2014, Business Class (origin from Rio de Janeiro), Fokker 100, operated by Portugalia. The plane was at least 30 year old, it should be in a museum and not flying anymore. Everything was old, run-down and depressing. However, to be fair, the staff was particularly nice, smiling, caring and professional (usually not the case with TAP, where staff are usually demotivated, careless if not rude).

TAP Portugal customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Grgas    (Croatia)

Flew with TAP on Jul 31, ZAG-LIS, flight was delayed 40 min, captain apologised and explained the reason. Aircraft was very nice, clean and seats were comfortable. Dinner served was delicious considering it is a flight over Europe, I never expect much from those meals. On a return journey, due to crew strike we flew with White Airways, also very smooth and pleasant flight. Will use TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  3 November 2014 by O Vuigner    (Switzerland)

BCN-LIS-SSA and SSA-LIS-MXP. Flights were mostly on time save one sector (LIS-MXP). Onwards daylight flight to Brazil was not too crowded, so was quite comfortable. Food was very good. Staff were friendly. Return night flight from Brazil to Lisbon was full and therefore very cramped. Seats are not that comfortable. Air con was kept too high during the whole return flight. Food was okay. Lisbon to Milan was delayed.

TAP Portugal customer review :  31 October 2014 by G Leach    (UK)

A very smooth and competent trip from Lisbon to London Gatwick. Nice to have bigger seats than Easyjet and a free sandwich/drink too!

TAP Portugal customer review :  31 October 2014 by Duncan Craig    (UK)

I love Portugal and I wish I could provide a glowing report on TAP but they are going to have to up their game to survive. I travel a lot to Portugal as I have a house there - maybe 6 times per year. Most recent trip from London to Lisbon was delayed by 2.5 hours for a reason that was unclear, and when I got on the plane I was redirected to seat 35A - which is the very back in the corner seat backing the loos. The seat I had chosen online was broken and could not be used. According to the official at Heathrow, the TAP flight is delayed every night. I will fly BA or Easyjet in future even if it means an extra £50 or so return. Pity, though the wine is good!

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 October 2014 by Rotman Jeff    (Australia)

Travelled from Faro to Barcelona via Lisbon. Went to check in 2.5 hours prior and the flight to Lisbon was ok, then the agent advised us our flight fro. Lisbon to Barcelona was overbooked and we were given standby boarding passes. We may get on our flight and we may not, despite having confirmed seats 6 months ago! Our flight ex Faro was delayed so we missed the connection by 5 minutes. Went to the transfer desk where we were advised that 'we missed the flight' and the first available flight with seats was at 8pm. I understand that delays occur and missed connections, but what peeves me most is that we had confirmed seats on the flight from Lisbon to Barcelona and checked in 5 hours before departure and from a connecting flight and yet we get bumped because TAP have a high 'overbooking profile' on their flights. Not happy as we have had to cancel dinner in Barcelona with friends as this is the reason why we were transiting there for 1 night on the way to Dubai.

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Jensen    (Denmark)

Checking in for our flight from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon, our pre-booked window seats had been taken by another reservation agent. Despite written confirmation stating our seat selection, my travel companion and I had to sit in another part of the aircraft. Please, TAP, make sure that you actually keep your promises.

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Ingram    (UK)

Flown with TAP twice in the last year, LHR-LIS-LHR for xmas/new year, and LGW-OPO-LGW in the summer. Arrived early at LHR with very long queues for check in at the old and tired T1, a delayed Funchal flight was causing chaos with the staff not knowing quite what was going on. I was told to use the "self service" check in machine, which involved printing baggage tags, but with no bag drop area, I had to join the back of the queue anyway! Hopefully the move to T2 will resolve these issues. Process much smoother at LIS and very comfortable, which is expected. No issues at all at LGW, but a 1.5 hour delay at OPO left me twiddling my thumbs for a very long time (a nice airport but rather barren). Service and comfort on board (A320 Economy) both trips was fine, although the food was fairly poor (small dry roll and fruit juice). Good selection of wine/beer, but only one offering in ~2.5 hours. I will try BA for my next trip, which is really the only other alternative on these routes.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 October 2014 by Jonathan Fozard    (UK)

We have used TAP many times over the years to fly from London to Brazil via Lisbon. In June we made such a trip. On arriving at Lisbon from London Gatwick we were informed by TAP that the Lisbon - Recife flight was cancelled. No proper explanation Was given. We were stuck in Lisbon for (at least the night). Our flight from Lisbon to Recife eventually left the following morning (over 12 hours late). We effectively lost a day of our trip to Brazil. Return journey - having queued at Recife airport for more than 2 hours, I was informed that my return flight to Lisbon was to be delayed by around 7 hours (it should have taken off at 11pm on the Friday evening - instead it was not going to take off before 6am the following morning). This meant that I would miss my connection from Lisbon which was on a Saturday at lunchtime. TAP's representatives told me they could not guarantee an alternative flight to London until the following Tuesday! TAP's eventual "solution" to the problem was to put me on a flight to RIO the following morning. I would then have to wait in Rio for 10 hours before taking a flight to London (Heathrow instead of Gatwick where I was supposed to arrive). I eventually arrived in London (at the wrong airport) a full day late. In my opinion, appalling customer service. I do not recommend that you fly with TAP.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 October 2014 by Klaus Malling    (Denmark)

Having read several unfavorable reviews on TAP, I could not - honestly - recognize what was the problem. I flew CPH-LIS-Faro and return. CPH-LIS-CPH were all on time, even a little behind schedule on the return flight. Effective check in, and service onboard excellent. You were served a full hot meal, breakfast to LIS was especially delicious. The internal flights with no service, but it was just a 40 minutes flight, so it was not expected. Slight delays on 5-10 minutes created absolutely no problems. All in all, TAP is superior to other carriers from Denmark to Iberian peninsular, far better than both SAS and Iberia where you have to pay for meals with poorer quality than on TAP. Some years ago I flew TAP to Brazil, where service was below what you get from other airlines, especially concerning IFE. this seems now to have improved, and I will gladly fly TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 October 2014 by Echter Th    (Germany)

Berlin - Lisbon - Sal Island in Business Class. Excellent food, very attentive and friendly service, good wines. Only thing to know - TAP serves medium haul destinations (Cape Verde, Senegal, Sao Tome, Ghana, Mali, etc) with an A320 or similar, without real business class seats. Seat pitch is a strange 2-3 configuration, on the right side of the plane not even with a free middle seat. It gets cozy if its full and apart from nice service and good food, there is not that much of a difference to Economy.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 October 2014 by Echter Th    (Germany)

Sao Vicente - Lisbon - Berlin in Economy. Flights delayed an hour or so, like usual on TAP. And a lot of fellow passengers missed connections. But for me flights were quite ok. Good food, nice wine, friendly service. If you fly TAP regularly, you try avoid short connections, but rather plan some time to enjoy Lisbon.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 October 2014 by Denise Connell    (UK)

Lisbon to Forteleza 8th June 2014, Appalling! on a plane chartered by Tap which I was surprised to find managed to take off at all, Left on tarmac for over an hour because they forgot the food trolley, no English speaking staff, no air con , no in fight entertainment, broken seats, and hand luggage placed at the back of the plane with no access to it. Paid double the previous years price because of the world cup, complaints ignored.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 October 2014 by Roy Carpenter    (Portugal)

FAO-LIS-VEN-LIS-FAO. First 3 legs on time in A320/319/320 and all in good condition and clean with friendly smart crews and good information from flight-deck. Annoying childish safety video. No food FAO-LIS because only 20 minutes flight-time (scheduled 45 minutes !). LIS-VEN poor meal of yoghurt, dry bread with small ham/cheese filling, dry croissant with apricot jam (no butter), coffee. VEN-LIS allocated club seat with economy service and food actually excellent duck pie followed by fresh pineapple and served with good red wine and water. Bad point was poor scheduling meaning 7 hour layover for feeder flight to FAO which was further delayed by 45 minutes due to assigned aircraft going tech. Would I fly TAP again? Certainly for short haul.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 October 2014 by Denise Connell    (UK)

Lisbon to Forteleza 8th June 2014, Appalling! On a plane chartered by TAP, left on tarmac for over an hour because they forgot the food trolley, no English speaking staff, no air con, no infight entertainment, broken seats and hand luggage placed at the back of the plane with no access to it. Paid double the previous years price because of the world cup, complaints ignored.

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Cawsey    (UK)

This airline is a constant disappointment. I've have flown LHR to Fortaleza and back from Recife this month with TAP in business class. Return home flight out of Brazil delayed 8 hours - from 2300 to 0700 next day. This is the second time TAP have cancelled and rebooked me on another flight the following day - I now have an extra layover in two cites - Recife and Lisbon making my return over 24 hours late. At no time did the airline contact me despite having emails and cell numbers. I have made several calls to get some answers on my rebooking. In the past month two colleagues who have also been in Brazil for work have been delayed on way home by 24 hours on both these routes, given appalling hotels as an alternative and little compensation. One even lost their luggage for 48 hours. In future all three of us will take the longer BA route from London via São Paulo, despite this being further at least it's reliable for business.

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Aquilina    (Malta)

First time I used TAP Portugal and after what I have been through will not stop advising friends not to use this airline. Flight Vienna to Lisbon Wed 25 Sep 2014 - delay of over 4hrs; missed meeting; Friday 26 Sep, Lisbon to Vienna, once again a delay which caused me and other passengers to miss connecting flight to Malta. Had to stay overnight and take two flights back. What a hassle. Alerted crew - reply "not our problem."

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 October 2014 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

LIS-GIG. A340. A330 initial aircraft was replaced and we took off with 90 mn delay. However we arrived 40 mn late. Boarding: total mess. Staff on board was very pleasant. Improving on this point. Inflight entertainment was of previous month. A terrible mistake, maybe due to aircraft change. Food OK. Comfort OK. priority luggage delivered first and quickly.

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 October 2014 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

ORY-LIS. A321. check-in: Staff much more pleasant than usually. Boarding: A total mess. No priority boarding AT ALL. Queuing in a boiling finger. On board service: very pleasant staff. Food OK. Pitch: Unacceptable for passenger taller than 165 cm. Flight late on departure, on time on arrival.

TAP Portugal customer review :  29 September 2014 by P Robertson    (UK)

Denied boarding on TP322, 21st Sept, Lisbon to Manchester - overbooked. Ok, but then spent over 4 hours trying to recover bags and rebook with the worst bunch of staff and processes I could imagine. Numerous other minor niggles followed including trying to buy breakfast at 6 am with 6 euros!

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 September 2014 by Hugo Sousa    (Mauritania)

I am always surprised to see some comments. Passengers don't bother to look for things and then blame the airline! The Lisbon TAP lounge is before passport control so if you are connecting in Lisbon all you need is trying to find it! As a frequent flyer I always try and find things. It is not that difficult. Anyway, I have flown them on several occasions and in short haul they are the almost only ones serving food and wine in economy! I don't think any Spanish carrier does that, Air France gives you cookies or a croissant only! Just took TAP again on a Dakar- Brussels via Lisbon and trip was good.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 September 2014 by K Roy    (Canada)

Terrible airline. Flew business in and out of Lisbon from Germany. Seats were crammed 3 abreast each side and nowhere to put carry-on, had to hold it in my lap. No legroom. A thin curtain behind me to economy where the seats were not much different. Staff was rude. Planes predictably late. Crowded buses to and from plane. Long walks in the airport from the gate to the bus. Poor food. Worse than economy on most airlines. Never again with TAP.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 September 2014 by V Gorjanc    (Slovenia)

Zagreb to Lisbon and back, August 1 and 28 2014. Both flights on-time, comfortable seats, extremely friendly and attentive staff. The food is getting worse and worse, in fact on both flights served meal was inedible. On the other hand they still serve very good Portuguese wine also in economy.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Rocha    (Portugal)

TP706 to Prague arrived with only a slight delay. Efficient flight crew and the hot meal was pretty tasty for airline standards. The return flight TP707 was another history with a cancellation and change to TP2795 departing 6 hours and operated by Freebird Airlines. I can't really complain because TAP tried to keep me in the loop by email with the changes and we received 300 koruna vouchers for meals. If you fly TAP be sure to triple check your email to avoid nasty surprises. The Freebird aircrew was professional and the plane was in good condition.

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 September 2014 by R Schulze    (Germany)

Dusseldorf to Lisbon in Economy Class. Flight on time. A hot meal was served (I'm talking about Economy Class!) and it was actually tasty! Friendly cabin crew, prompt baggage delivery, at 150 Euro for a return ticket bought 2 weeks in advance, what more can you ask for? I will definitely fly TAP again!

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 September 2014 by C Simoes    (USA)

We took a TAP flight back in June from EWR to LIS. The airline called at 9am to let us know (without reason) that our scheduled 7pm flight would be delayed about 5 hours - that is 10 hours before scheduled flight time! Could they not have re-routed another plane? The flight was actually delayed 7 hours. Additionally, we were traveling with 1 baby and a 2 year old. They seated our 2 year old in a different row from us and made no effort to change seating so we could be together. We had to ask other passengers to switch seats so that we could sit together as a family. We also brought our car seat with us and none of the staff had the correct knowledge of what the proper handling regulations were for the seat - we were told different things by the customer service rep, the check-in agent, and the flight attendants. Who is training their staff? Post-flight, I was told that our delay does not merit compensation because the flight was delayed due to technical difficulties. It seems from recent posts everywhere, that this continues to be a problem.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 September 2014 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

Lisbon - Fortaleza - Lisbon - Over the past few weeks TAP have cancelled hundreds of flights, apparently TAP are having serious operational problems. In five flights operated by TAP Portugal I had problems in all. The flight to Fortaleza was delayed 5 hours, no explanations or apologies. Poor staff on board, lack of attention to their clients, always running and hiding from customers, a glass of water takes 20min to arrive after the second request, bathroom was extremely dirty, I complained but nothing was done, the meal was dry and cold, no breakfast served. Inflight entertainment dates from last century with a poor selection of titles. The way back to Lisbon was a scandal! Whiteout any warning TAP force us to flight on a extremely old Ukrainian Airplane. TAP Portugal force us to accept this flight.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 September 2014 by Claudio Martinez    (Finland)

To be honest I flew with them 3-4 years ago and I don't remember having any issues. But this time I made the mistake not to check online reviews before booking a surprisingly cheap flight. Never again! I have to agree with previous reviews: atrocious customer service. The desk and cabin personnel are either given instructions or trained to mistreat customers. On 30th August, the situation in Lisbon airport throughout the whole day (yes, a 1.5 hours connection that turned into a 13 hours wait) where: over two thirds of TAP flights were delayed (ranging from 1 to 6 hours, with delays going up and down all the time). The line at the transfers desk (Lisbon, their base, where they should have no shortage of personnel) was always over 1.5 hours, and 2 or 4 times more at times. You first miss your connections because of TAP flight delays, and then miss your next chances to get to your destination while lining up! Staff randomly leave the desk and disappear, running away from the mess and the angry crowd.

TAP Portugal customer review :  29 August 2014 by S Pierpaoli    (Switzerland)

We booked a flight from ZRH to LIS and on to Fortaleza, Brazil. The flight from ZRH to LIS was ok. This very poor and nearly non-existent rating is mentioned for Windrose (a Ukrainian company working with TAP). I have no words for describing this very bad flight. To be honest, if the flight back from Fortaleza to Lisbon two weeks later had not been very good (we were sitting in a new airplane with TV-Entertainment, good service and enough space for your legs) I would never fly TAP again. The aircraft (Windrose) was an old A330. It had no entertainment system. Many seats were broken and people had to change place in a mostly full airplane. The Windrose crew were not very friendly and seemed to be very stressed. I felt quite sorry for them and they should not be blamed for anything. The service was bad and very poor. The service for drinks was just twice on a 7-hours flight. This is a real disgrace for the TAP company, selling such a bad product and we felt quite betrayed. Hopefully this will not happen again!

TAP Portugal customer review :  29 August 2014 by Kahrsch Ramon    (Germany)

Lisbon to Recife, July 25th. My seat was broken: one could just lift it up, including the belt, so it was a safety risk. There was also a piece of metal that stuck out, making sitting unbearable. The stewardess did not care and said the plane was full. I was not allowed to leave the plane. The service was non-existent, with the stewardess appearing just twice, giving out an awful meal. During the 8.5 hour flight drinks were only served with the meals. One could not even get water.

TAP Portugal customer review :  29 August 2014 by Wilson Almeida    (UK)

I flew LHR-LIS for a 9 day holidays. The flight was delayed by 3 hours due to severe weather. Instead of keeping us in the lounge, they kept us on the plane for 2 hours. Cabin crew had no interest in explaining us, the passengers, that due to unforeseen circumstances the flight would be delayed. They simply sat and chatted amongst themselves. I'm ok with that. I simply read my book and made sure that me and my family will never fly TAP. STAR Atrocious customer service. Poor level of English announcements.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 August 2014 by Alvarez Maarit    (USA)

Had a two leg journey on TAP: Lisbon - Dakar, June 25. At check-in in Helsinki was informed that the flight will be delayed for at least 3 hours. It ended up being delayed 8 hours, and no representative was available to assist at the gate until much later - a 10 euro food coupon was issued! No talk of being sent to a hotel while waiting. As a result of this delay I arrived in Lisbon at 2.30 am local time, and despite assurances no-one met the arrivals who were transferring to other flights until several hours later. An agent shuffled various new flight coupons but there were none for our family. Obviously we had missed the continuing TAP flight hours before bound for Dakar. Now at Lisbon airport, no hotel room was available and we were not allowed access to a lounge either. We were each given a breakfast and lunch coupon, and I was given phone cards as I had no way of communicating to Dakar that we were delayed. My family ended up spending an entire day at the airport, and the next flight to Dakar, moreover, took off 2 hours later than scheduled. The total waiting time in Helsinki and Lisbon was 24 hours.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 August 2014 by I Clark    (UK)

London Heathrow to Lisbon, days before we flew airline had cancelled flight and re-arranged it - did not tell us. On return we checked in and were allocated seats, at boarding nine passengers were prevented from boarding as they had overbooked the flight, they split families, only our daughter was allowed to fly. All our baggage was on the plane. Our daughter counted at least 5 empty seats on the plane, one next to her. Only offer from TAP was to make flights to Algiers, Geneva, Nice then Heathrow - taking over 24 hours. Manager refused to come and see us. TAP staff eventually gave up trying to resolve issue and left us to find solution with TAP staff in departures. Spent two hours with them, they arranged overnight hotel and taxi transfers. Flew back next day with B.A. through Madrid. Then spent another two hours trying to get our baggage back. B.A. service was brilliant compared to TAP. Will never fly with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 August 2014 by S Fatalla    (UK)

Flew from LHR to LIS and back from 30/07/14 to 04/08/14. Was initially really worried due to the extent of negative comments on this website but to my relief the whole trip went by without a single hiccup! We travelled in a party of 4, checked in the previous night online and printed off luggage tags and boarding passes at the kiosk at the airport, making the whole process very quick as all that was left was luggage drop-off and security. Our flights were on time and we even arrived at both destinations 10 mins ahead of schedule! Shame about the food but it's only a 2 hour and 40min flight so I'm not that bothered.

TAP Portugal customer review :  12 August 2014 by Porter Julian    (UK)

For the second year running TAP have re-scheduled our return flight to the UK giving us minimal time to make other arrangements. This year we have been offered a return flight from Porto to London via Madeira with a total journey time of 10 hours, as opposed to just over 2 hours for a direct flight. I would not use TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 August 2014 by Antonio Coutinho    (Mozambique)

TP282, 28th June 2014, MPM-LIS. TP281, 26th July 2014, LIS-MPM. Business class to Africa is third world product! Old planes that are broken, food bad, you get three prawns for supper and some rice! Not lie flat seats. Movies are old and limited. Seats movements limited. Cabin Crew are unionised how could I tell they do not care one bit! Service really bad! Note worth a business class price.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 August 2014 by L Jones    (UK)

Rio-Lisbon-London, 25th July 2014, 22.35. Flight delayed until 26th July at 05.20. No explanation given other than the incoming flight from Lisbon was delayed! Put up in local airport hotel but forced to leave hotel at 2am to check in. Checking in at the hotel for a 4 hour stay took ages as each customer had to fill in a form. Not acceptable in any way and no TAP rep to help. Old plane from Rio, worst legroom on long haul ever experienced and food (chicken?) was very dried out. IFE ancient. Most screens on a 10 hour flight did not work and those that did showed rolling programme of a few channels for which there was no info. At check-in at Rio we had been allocated a rearranged flight for Lisbon departure of 18.50 which was impossible to make and, quite predictably, the gates for this flight had closed as we arrived at Lisbon. No other flight was available until 10.10 the following morning. Another airport hotel which was reasonable. TAP insisted on 7am pickup. Queued at TAP customer services at 7.30 am to get a voucher for breakfast, which at first they very strongly and rudely refused. We were told that we would get a sandwich on the plane to London at 11am. After a very heated discussion a voucher was grudgingly given for 6 Euros! At no stage did we find any of the TAP staff at all apologetic. This was clearly a common experience. We eventually reached home 48 hours after leaving our Rio hotel. We will never use TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Dewit    (Belgium)

Flew BRU-LIS-BRU. Both flights were on time. A small warm meal was served on both flights with a generous drink service. Friendly cabin crew. Seats a bit cramped. Would fly with TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 August 2014 by D Naert    (Belgium)

BRU-LIS-GIG-OPO-BRU in economy. Confused check-in clerk at BRU. She needed 15 minutes to complete check-in. Uneventful BRU-LIS leg. LIS-GIG on A330. Horrible food. No wine served between meals on this 10 hour daytime flight. "It is not allowed." Toilets were not kept clean, and nearly all ran out of toilet paper and even paper tissues. Absolutely gross, I have never seen anything like it. Old-fashioned IFE on a loop system. Crew courteous, but distant. Food slightly better and friendlier crew on GIG-OPO leg, and luckily, video on-demand was available. We were upgraded to business on OPO-BRU (operated by Portugalia), which had the friendliest crew of all four legs. All in all, I would not recommend this airline.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 August 2014 by Joel Valja    (Estonia)

TAP Portugal recently opened a direct route between Lisbon and Tallinn, the capital of Estonia and we took the chance to visit Lisbon because of the fantastic prices they were offering. I'm at a bit of loss how to rate this airline because the first leg of the trip was excellent and the second leg was non-existent (our flight was canceled). The leg from Tallinn to Lisbon was very enjoyable despite the long flight time (almost 5 hours). The staff were very friendly, the plane was nice and clean and the flight was smooth. The food was the best I've eaten on an aircraft so far. After spending a few days in Lisbon I got an e-mail that our return trip to Tallinn had been canceled. The next day I decided not to take risks and went directly to TAP Portugal's office in the city and got new tickets, from Lisbon to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Tallinn. The Lisbon to Frankfurt flight was operated by a Bulgarian charter airline. Frankfurt to Tallinn was Lufthansa. Both of the flights went fine. However, the Frankfurt flight is a flight that is late 56% of the time! We were rather nervous whether we would catch the connecting flight to Tallinn or not. On top of that, because the flight to Frankfurt left so early (14.20 instead of 22.00, which was the original departure time to Tallinn) and because I had to run to TAP Portugal's office and then to the airport to check-in and print the boarding passes, we more or less lost an entire day of our vacation in Lisbon. The root of the problem is that TAP Portugal seems to have a very aggressive expansion policy, they are opening new routes but the capacity in terms of airplanes and crew are simply not there to support it. That's why for example the Frankfurt flight was flown by BH Air, the Bulgarian charter airline. On top of that, I think the Portuguese airline lacks the discipline and in-depth planning capability to make sure everything goes smoothly and that results in ruined vacations and people missing important events. The only saving grace is that TAP Portugal is a big airline and a member of Star Alliance, so even if their flights get cancelled you are likely to get home. However, I would think twice before using this airline again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 August 2014 by M Ryding    (UK)

Everything you have heard about TAP is true! They cancelled our first plane, meaning we lost two days of our holiday. Our return flight was hopelessly late, and then our luggage failed to make it on board! Their pilots go on strike this month, and the talk in Portugal was that they were about to be taken over.

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 July 2014 by Stephen Wickler    (Norway)

Recent journey from northern Norway to Porto was delayed by a full 24 hours and transformed from a straightforward trip to an exhausting marathon. I received an email on July 19 that my flight with TAP from Oslo to Lisbon on the 21st had been cancelled (no reason given) and I should contact them about the flight. After spending almost an hour on the phone before getting assistance, I was told that I had been put on a KLM flight to Amsterdam connecting with a TAP flight to Porto and sent a copy of the new routing. All went well until I arrived in Amsterdam to discover that the TAP flight to Porto had been cancelled. There was no TAP staff available at the transfer desk and I finally obtained help from the staff at the Star Alliance lounge. I was put on a TAP flight to Lisbon the next day at 11.45 am with a wait until 5.45pm for the connecting half hour flight to Porto. The flight to Porto was delayed 1.5 hours so that I missed the last bus from Porto airport to my final destination. Needless to say, I am a bit apprehensive about my return flights on TAP from Porto to Lisbon and onward to Oslo this coming Monday. All in all my experience with TAP has been frustrating and irritating and I will think twice before using them again in the future.

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 July 2014 by S Christian    (UK)

Recife to London via Lisbon and the next day flew London to Kolkata via Mumbai with Jet Airways. The 2nd time now the flight from Recife to Lisbon has been cancelled and changed to another time, which is not so bad. But the second time on this leg that it was in fact not a TAP plane at all but a charter plane from 'Euro Atlantic' being operated by TAP. It was a terrible 1986 aircraft, no operational TV's for a long haul flight, seat did not go back at all and it was a night flight! TAP advertise all these great things about their cabin on their website and twice now out of 4 flights on this journey you end up paying the same but getting a far inferior product. What is wrong with TAP, do that not have or can they not maintain their own planes? It's a long way round but from now on I think we will fly via Rio or SP to Recife in order to avoid TAP.

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 July 2014 by K Rosenbergo    (Germany)

Worst Flight experience I have had so far (I am a frequent flyer). I had a flight from Lisbon to Recife (Brazil). The plane was old. My seat was loose and uncomfortable. After take off I complained about it. There was no inflight video service. On an 8 hour flight drinks were only served twice. When I asked for water she rejected my request. There was no alternative meal, only a sandwich with bad cheese, ham and no butter and rice with dry chicken, no sauce. Nothing else for eight hours. I am not tall, but my knees touched the seat in front of me.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 July 2014 by J Nombro    (UK)

Booked a TAP flight from LHR to Fortaleza, Brazil for the world cup. Received a call from TAP the day before flying that the second leg from Lisbon to Fortaleza would be operated by Windrose (a Ukrainian company working with TAP) so no time to change your flight (rebooking or cancellation as you need to get to your destination). 1st leg from Heathrow was OK. The second leg operated by Windrose departed 1 hour later than scheduled from Lisbon including a wait of 30 mins inside the bus taking us from the gate to the aircraft. The aircraft was an old A330. It had no entertainment system (No movies, no music, no games - nothing). What do you do on a 7hr journey like this? Although the Windrose crew were friendly and should not be blamed for anything, this is a real disgrace for TAP selling a product that is below current long haul travel standards and not playing fair and transparent with the customer about the product which they are selling. Return trip left 1hr 30mins late but I'll leave this complaint for a different day. Will I fly TAP again? I'd rather pay for a direct flight from LHR to Brazil next time. They are definitely not doing themselves any favours.

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 July 2014 by V Aragon    (Sweden)

My husband and I booked a flight to see the World Cup in Rio at the beginning of June. We met some people on the flight who had problem with their flights from Portugal to Rio de Janeiro. The queue at the airport to get new flights was long. We could already see the problem the company had with delays. I have nothing to say about the service onboard, the food or the entertainment. Everything was nice. The problem is the administration and the schedules they have. On our way back from Rio we got the bad news that our flight to Portugal was delayed 8 hrs. Instead of flying that night at 22.30 we were supposed to fly the day after at 6.30 am. We got just vouchers for dinner. No hotel so we spent the night at the airport. No explanation about the delay. In Portugal we had another delay. I understand some planes have problems, my disappointment came later on with the impossible mission to get in touch with TAP by e-mail. This is the worst service I've experienced!

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Tung    (UK)

Flew TAP from Barcelona to Lisbon and then Lisbon to London Gatwick last week. Overall check in was smooth and friendly and the plane was well kept. The seats were comfortable perhaps due to a lower load factor. In fact the seating was better than the long haul of most airlines. Service was excellent. The crew always wore a smile and response to your request and they were well groomed. Their inflight magazine was also of top quality. I also enjoy the safety video a lot.

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 July 2014 by H Frederiksen    (Denmark)

Copenhagen-Lisbon-Funchal, 7/7/2014. This was a travel with delay, cancellation, more delay and on top: Luggage lost for 6 days (our vacation was 9 days). Nobody from TAP Portugal really cared: "Usually the luggage appears again!" Hotel said: "Big problem all year, but especially in the summer time." About 10-15 passengers from this plane lost their luggage this night, but this was not unusual, I was told. Never again TAP Portugal!

TAP Portugal customer review :  28 July 2014 by Barrett Tom    (UK)

Flew from London to Lisbon on 10 June (1 hour+ delay) and Lisbon to Salvador on 11 June (4.5 hours delay). In- flight entertainment not working throughout flight to Salvador and customer service at Lisbon airport dreadful. Handed completed complaint form to cabin crew on 11 June and resubmitted complaint online on 30 June but still no response or even acknowledgement. I will never use this airline again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 July 2014 by Irene Norman    (UK)

Due to fly to Lisbon on Thursday from Manchester 17/07/14 we were told the flight had been cancelled and the only alternative offered was for the following day via London and Madrid! A 9 hour journey plus travel time from home and to our hotel-another 4 hours. It emerged TAP had known the previous evening the flight would be cancelled and had they emailed to inform us I would now be sitting on a sunny beach in Portugal having flown via EasyJet instead of spending ages trying to contact TAP who are not responding and writing this in Wet Wales. A lousy experience all round with this airline.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2014 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

GIG-LIS-A330-200. An old ones (once Swissair). Seats are very new and very comfortable but inflight entertainment dates from last century. Note for an extremely friendly staff. Food was very pleasant, however Portuguese selection of wines was poor. Portugal has much better wines that deserve to be served. No French Champagne. An acid Sparkling wine. Late take off, on-time at arrival. Luggage very quick.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Oliveira    (Brazil)

I flew GIG-LIS-PRG and GVA-LIS-SSA between June in July, and 3 out of these 4 flights were delayed. The first delayed flight, from Rio to Lisbon, had a delay of 4 hours. From the airport display (on June 14), it was the only delayed international flight that night. The last flight, from Salvador to Rio on July 5, delayed at least one hour. The third flight, to Geneva to Lisbon on July 4, was my worst flight ever. TAP managed again to have the only delayed flight in the display, gave up the flight to a Spanish company (Swift air) that had a terrible flight service and very outdated aircraft (some baggage compartments didn't close properly). We had problems in the arrival in Lisbon as well. After all, I planned to leave the airport by 1PM and take a tour in Lisbon, but thanks to TAP, this happened at 4pm.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2014 by Robert Jones    (UK)

We flew from London Heathrow at the start of our holidays and flight was 35 minutes late. On the return journey we flew from Porto to Lisbon, 30 minutes late and from Lisbon to London Heathrow 45 minutes late. Need I say more.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Cassidy    (UK)

London - Lisbon, Lisbon - Miami. Delays all the way there with no communication, just sitting waiting. Delays all the way home with no communication. No in-flight entertaining (broken "unable to reset as the one staff member who could do it was off on leave) so no inflight entertainment travelling with four children! Nightmare. Food/snacks were good, but would never use them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Michaels    (USA)

Flew TAP from Newark to Lisbon. Left on schedule. Nice flight attendants. The only problem I had was they had no cups in the lavatories and I went in there with my bag to take medication, but no cups for water. I exited and asked flight attendant that there were no cups in the bathroom, she stated they did not provide cups in the lavatories. Strange. The food was the worst airline food I have had and I could not eat it. I only ate the dessert. My return from Lisbon to Newark was a nightmare. Checked out of hotel for 2.45pm departure, only to be told at ticket counter that flight was 8 hours late, with expected departure at 10pm, no reason for delay was given, even though I asked. Was told to go to customer service counter and was given meal coupon. So needless to say, I spent the whole day in Lisbon airport and half the night. The departure was 10.20pm, there was no order at gate, hundreds of people just standing around waiting. No place to sit, had to stand. It was a nightmare. Finally boarded and took off. Once again, the meal was terrible, I could not eat it, so went hungry. Flight attendant offered cod or "meat". I asked what kind of meat and got nothing but a strange look. Overall, experience was a bad one.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2014 by T Jackson    (UK)

Up until now I've not had a list of airlines to absolutely avoid in the future. Congratulations, TAP - you are the first on that list. Never have I experienced such ridiculous service or felt so uncomfortable on a flight. Flying from London to Recife via Lisbon, and back from Rio to London via Lisbon, every single one of the flights was delayed by at least an hour. Crazy enough though, I think we were the 'lucky' ones, as on the outgoing leg most of the TAP flights on the Lisbon departure board were delayed by 5+ hours. What is going on?! There was absolutely no entertainment from Lisbon to Recife either, and the leg room was terrible, making the flight seem like an eternity. In addition, the food was just awful. Never again will I fly with this company - I will pay a lot more to avoid it.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 July 2014 by Murray Klein    (Canada)

Flew from Malaga to Lisbon on TP 1077, June 23rd 2014 and paid an excess luggage fee of 150 euros. After arrival in Lisbon, waited for luggage to come down luggage carousel and only 1 piece of luggage, not mine, came down. Was told by TAP representative that luggage was not loaded onto this aircraft due to weight restrictions and to place a lost luggage claim. Late Wednesday night June 25th, the luggage finally arrived at my hotel in Lisbon after being routed from Malaga to Frankfurt and then to Lisbon. Totally unacceptable service.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 July 2014 by D Freitas    (Portugal)

FNC-LIS-AGP-LIS-FNC. First flight took off on time though there was a passenger in front of me who had her seat fully reclined, so my flight was a nightmare and even lost my sandwich because I couldn't even spread my arms. The cabin crew saw this but did nothing. Flight LIS-AGP was late by half an hour, this was their inaugural flight using ATR 42 on the route which they used a Beechcraft 1900 before but if you didn't know you wouldn't notice it. The flight AGP-LIS was late by 2 hours and almost lost the connecting flight LIS-FNC. AGP-LIS had the most appalling flight attendant, I can't understand why TAP would pay a salary to have people like him who would be better driving a truck than hosting passengers. He just didn't care. On the flight LIS-FNC we were late by 1h and a half plus they emailed me a week before to say the flight had been rescheduled. Ended up flying more time than usual due to high winds in Madeira. However the food on all flights were quite good indeed. All in all the very usual mediocre service you get from TAP.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 July 2014 by C Rocha    (Portugal)

Lisbon-Malaga and return (TAP 1076/1079) end of June and beginning of July. The first leg of the flight was fine in a Beechcraft 1900D with nineteen seats. The only "drama" was watching our fellow passengers when they had a good look at the kind of plane they were using for the trip. No problems at all and flight arrived on scheduled. Unfortunately in the return trip they managed to have a delay of three hours, on a flight that only last one hour and fifteen minutes in a ATR 72 from Helitt. The official reason was that the flight crew had exceeded their flight times.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 July 2014 by M Mccarthy    (USA)

Flew from USA to Europe, round-trip, 4 flights, as connection through Lisbon. First flight, the Atlantic portion, they ran out of soap in the bathroom, and the last hours of the flight, some toilets not working/flushing. One of our seats was broken and would recline, the adjacent passenger's screen was not working, so he would look across the aisle at another screen. We were about 2 hours delayed so while we didn't miss our connections, others on board did. The return flight better, except again no soap in the bathroom. The entertainment on the screen was terrible, unless you consider one war movie, and the following movie, Mulan good choices for an 8 hour flight. The flight left timely, although the other passengers (about 5) we spoke to said their other flights were late. The food was fair/good. Would avoid this airline for future travels.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 July 2014 by C Suffield    (UK)

Flew London - Lisbon then Lisbon - Recife, June 11th 2014. Flight cancelled to Brazil without notice even though TAP knew no plane from Lisbon available. Shipped to Marriot made to pay for beverages. Advised to get up at 3am for rescheduled next morning flight. Got up and then advised plane would be delayed until 7am departure. Another 2 hour delay occurred. No TAP representative at Hotel. No TAP Representative to meet us next morning at Lisbon airport. Speaking to fans at games TAP did this on Wednesday Thursday and Friday of this week! On return flight, 1 July, 11.25pm from Recife to Lisbon TAP swapped the plane to a charter airline Air Europa and emailed me 4 hours before departure saying I could change my flight if I desired. Having already checked out of Hotel and waiting in Recife for 6 hours what did they elect me to do. The charter plane was obviously known about days in advance so why did they not email sooner so I could have arranged alternative transport home. The staff on the plane were superb but the plane seating was a disaster, tiny seat pitch and no entertainment. The seating was cocked up by TAP staff at Recife issuing seats that did not exist and making the boarding process delayed.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 July 2014 by Vasco Capela    (Portugal)

Lisbon to Rome and vice-versa (June 30th and July 4th) was late on both days. On the 4th of July, the plane was supposed to take off at 7.25pm (local hour) but at 9pm the plane was still taxiing to the runway. Except for this detail I enjoyed both flights. On the first flight (Lisbon-Rome) I found the breakfast surprisingly good (for an airline meal). The sandwich had a strange appearance, but I wanted another one when I finished. On the second flight a light meal (not a full dinner) was served. I also found the potato puree with turkey sausages and bacon pretty tasty. The flight crew were also very nice and attentive, although on the first flight they seemed a little tired. At least they were not rude and on the same flight I saw the flight attendants speaking Portuguese, English, Italian, French and Spanish to the passengers. The seats were comfortable and the plane, in general, was clean. I also thought both landings were quite rough. If you are going on shorts flights with TAP, please take a book or something else. If you don't, you might get stuck watching the cartoon version of Mr Bean. In general, if you are going on vacations and you don't mind getting late to your destination, TAP is surely a good airline. If you are going on business trips, don't fly with TAP: the flights can get late and the business class didn't seem much different from the economy class. It doesn't matter anyway: most of their planes only have one class (economy).

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Howe    (Australia)

Madrid to Lisbon. TAP Portugal is a very nice Airline. They gave everyone a complementary sandwich and a drink. Entertainment was okay, just a little hard if you are a bit far from the dropdown screen. Staff very helpful.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Rudran    (UK)

Flight was cancelled on Wed 25th June 2014 and no organised communication or customer care was given by TAP staff. Very poor service for a Western Country based airline. Wasted our whole day. No compensation, no care was granted for a frequent traveller like me and it caused huge inconvenience and cost of taking a £120 taxi back home. TAP has to step up if they wish to compete and even perhaps survive without subsidies (if any) with not only the likes of BA but also the low cost carriers like EasyJet and Ryanair. I care about TAP and had been loyal to them for many years. However, it will not for long if they behave like they do now and lack pro-activeness.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 July 2014 by Larry McElroy    (USA)

My son and I flew Portugalia Airlines from Malaga to Lisbon, June 2014. The leg was flown in a Beechcraft 1800D. We arrived in Lisbon without our luggage, as did a half dozen other passengers. We were on a 43 day trip around the world and this was day 3. Not good. After 3 days, our luggage arrived. My gripe is, why did it take 3 days, come to find out, our luggage was never boarded in Malaga. I would guess this was due to weight restrictions as we saw them unload the baggage and there were only a few pieces. There was plenty of space left in the baggage compartment. The luggage could have been with us early the next morning. as there were several flights that could make this happen. I believe there was a neglect on the airlines side that they didn't get it to us sooner. Especially since we filed a loss luggage report at once. This would have made it a lot less stressful on us. We were about to go shopping or new clothes on day 3 of the ordeal when the 2 pieces arrived. I would fly Portugalia Airlines again but not in this type of aircraft. Employees were helpful in tracing the lost luggage but updating the online information wasn't. When it arrived, it still said it was still searching for it.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 July 2014 by Wilson Paul    (UK)

Just returned from the World Cup, flew London to Recife via Lisbon. On the outward sector they cancelled our flight from Lisbon to Recife, we only found out about this at the departure gate at Heathrow! Absolute disgrace. As for the flights (all sectors) it has to be one of the worst airlines I have had the unfortunate experience to fly. Inflight service appalling, the inflight entertainment consisted of a cartoon version of Mr Bean. Surprise surprise, delayed on the return leg at Lisbon thus missing connections in London, no apologies whatsoever from the crew. I will most definitely choose another airline over TAP, even on short haul.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 July 2014 by R Tuck    (UK)

As a seasoned traveller to South America I'm disappointed to say that I'll try to avoid this airline in future. Flying to Sao Paulo via Lisbon for the World Cup both out going flights were delayed a total of 3 hours and on my return I'm informed there's yet another undetermined delay due to lack of cabin crew. Also my seat from Brazil to Lisbon had no inflight entertainment or light to read from (broken). I would also point out a good proportion of other flights were also delayed. Not the stress free travel I like and expect. They left it until the last minute to inform of delay-not helping my onward travel from Heathrow.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 July 2014 by Alex Skidmore    (UK)

Lisbon-Brussels, A319, economy. Absolutely excellent airline, first time flying TAP and will certainly use again. Flew mid haul from LIS to BRU on a relatively new 319. Online check in was easy and allowed me to select my seats, and baggage drop at the airport was quick and efficient. Flight was delayed 45minutes due to strike action, but all issues were communicated early allowing me to arrive at the airport later than planned and not be affected by the delay. Economy seat was wider than most rival airlines, and leg room was certainly larger than usual on 319, seats were leather with full recline, only downside being immovable head rest, as being 6'3 it's usually too low, however legroom was comfortable which is a rarity. Drinks were served during the flight (complimentary soft drinks and alcohol) as well as a tasty sandwich snack. Staff were very polite and friendly, and switched effortlessly from English to Portuguese and French. Entertainment was provided in the form of drop down TV screens, mostly showing cartoons with very low sound throughout the cabin which wasn't distracting. Ultimately probably the best airline I've flown over such a short distance, very impressed and will be looking into using them ongoing.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 July 2014 by Jeffrey Stranks    (Brazil)

Flew Brasilia-London-Lisbon-Brasilia in Business class, not for the first time. It's never been great but this time, the aircraft on the transatlantic legs were simply dreadful, offering Business class from about 1990. Really ancient A330s with basic seats and an IFE that doesn't allow you to stop/start films on request, and which offered only about six films anyway. These days, that's just pathetic. On the last leg (LIS-BSB) there were only nine (9) people in Business and still I couldn't get my first choice meal - attendant said "only two trays of the chicken were boarded" - so I had overcooked and tasteless veal instead. On more than one occasion, attendants on TAP have encouraged me to write and complain - they clearly feel passengers aren't getting a good deal. On these flights in June 2014, attendants were just great - thereby just about saving the airline in my view. We use TAP because I can get to the UK in only two flights from Brasilia, not three. If other airlines were to offer this, I'd take it - and Air France are starting to do so. So I'll be reviewing my bookings. TAP I think is getting away with using old and poor aircraft on their flights in and out of Brazil because they know they've got an almost captive market - hope they get some competition soon to jerk them into updating their sad old fleet.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Whyte    (Portugal)

Quite appalling on a consistent basis on short haul flights to the rest of Europe from Lisbon. Delays of 1 hour are normal and today I have an 8 hour delay. And was lied to several times on the cause. Shocking. I am a gold card holder of TAP and I have decided not use them again. The flight timings have been awful and not replicated by other airlines on the same route, and the service at the counter as well as on the plane is very poor.

TAP Portugal customer review :  26 June 2014 by K Vosburg    (Hungary)

I am an experienced traveler through North America, the Caribbean and Europe and have never had a worst experience with an airline. My flight was scheduled to depart at 23.50 and at 23.50 we were told that our flight had been cancelled due to lack of crew (conveniently during the Portugal USA football match). We were not allowed to get our luggage and informed that everything would be at the hotel upon arrival. We were instructed at the gate that a new flight would be available for all of us the following morning. We were led to a bus and dropped off at the wrong hotel and abandoned by any TAP employee. We then picked up our belongings and walked 20 minutes to the proper hotel. Upon arrival here there was no information provided. After several calls to the front desk and the airline I was finally told that we could go for lunch at 13.00 with still no information on a new flight. I called several times until I finally booked with a new airline as I had to be back for another flight to North America. I arrived 24 hours after my original flight was scheduled. I will never use TAP Portugal nor recommend it to anyone.

TAP Portugal customer review :  26 June 2014 by R Costa    (Portugal)

Flight TP1827, LIS-TER, 21/06/2014. This flight was a nightmare, the worst airline customer service I have experienced. The flight was scheduled to depart at 6.20pm, at 8.30pm the information available was that the flight was delayed. At 10.00pm no one from TAP approached us or give us an explanation. At 11.00pm someone arrived and communicated that the flight was cancelled, no food or compensation, just a ride to a cheap hotel where a meal will be served. At the airport TAP told us the flight was cancelled, a new flight will be operated on Monday 23/06/2014. We felt totally abandoned without any luggage or information. On a 40 hour delay TAP only gave us two cheap meals and a five euro phone card. The flight on Monday 23 departed 1 hr 40 mins late and the food served on board was edible. I will never fly TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  24 June 2014 by Smith Les    (UK)

Flight TP322, Lisbon-Manchester, 09/06/2014. On arrival at Baggage drop at Lisbon Airport informed 1hr delay. Boarded plane and engineers working on aircraft, captain said small tec fault and delay of 15-20 mins. After 30 mins air-con switched on and water distributed by cabin crew, captain said still working on fault and further delay of approx same length. After 1hr on plane Captain said fault could not be fixed and that we were to be put on another plane resulting in total delay of 3hrs. We were kept informed throughout, not kept in dark like some airlines. On flight back to Manchester made up 30 mins but on arrival had to wait 1hr 08mins for bags to be delivered to carousel (problem with Menzies ground staff, common event). Not what you want after 3hr delay.