TAP Air Portugal  Customer Reviews and TAP Portugal Passenger Trip Reports

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 November 2013 by W Pawe    (Poland)

Warsaw - Lisbon - direct flight, horrible experience, this is definitely a low cost company with high fares. No food on board, awful crew, old and dirty aircraft, the ground service match the poor quality in the air. I hope low cost carries start to operate this route, having this high fare company offering a low cost service at high prices need to end. easyJet offers a better service twice cheaper. Avoid TAP Portugal.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Philip    (UK)

Do not fly TAP Economy (certainly not if you are towards the back of an A320) if you have legs: there is nowhere to put them! Even Ryanair has more legroom. Additionally they have redefined the meaning of "meal" to refer to a minuscule filled roll and an eggcup full of home made glue purporting to be a fruit drink. Avoid if you can.

TAP Portugal customer review :  12 November 2013 by M Brown    (UK)

Gatwick - Lisbon - Heathrow - spotless A319 outbound and A320 return, and friendly, competent crew. I've flown this route on TAP five times now and it's always been OK, although the return flight was on a substitute aircraft as the first one was taken out of service. The delay was only about 20 mins. Sandwiches a bit basic but ice cold Sagres beer.

TAP Portugal customer review :  8 November 2013 by M Vieira    (UK)

Flew to Porto from Amsterdam with a stop in Lisbon. On time with a nice crew and good food onboard. Both flights early and bags were delivered soon! Lisbon airport has some improvements and looks nicer, so connecting there is a lot more confortable!

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 November 2013 by A Saraiva    (UK)

I fly with TAP about 5-6 times a year, mainly on the Lisboa - London route. One of my main issues with them is their ground handling "Groundforce", in Lisboa. The flight information screens are not always updated or accurate and the check-in area is always overcrowded and disorganized! To make matters worse, many of the check-in and gate agents are unprofessional and rude. Last week, we were kept 15min inside a hot bus before it was dispatched to the aircraft. When we arrived at the aircraft a further 10min wait before the doors were open. The flight was over an hour late and the all male cabin crew looked scruffy and had a bad attitude!

TAP Portugal customer review :  24 October 2013 by Lynne Hopkins    (France)

I am a frequent flyer passenger with TAP. I flew from Lisbon to Geneva yesterday (2 pm flight, October 22 2013). Only when we were on board did the announcement come that they were flying with a "minimum crew" and therefore there would be no on-board service. During the 2.5 hour flight they offered us a glass of water. I know this airline is in trouble financially, but they could have announced the absence of service before people boarded (preferably at check-in) so that we could at least buy some food and coffee to take on board (Starbucks in the departure lounge, for example). This has never happened to me before - on this or any airline.

TAP Portugal customer review :  23 October 2013 by D Barker    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Lisbon, then Lisbon to Faial at the end of June. Both flights delayed and baggage lost for two days. Return flights on time but no cabin service, this seems to be very common reading other comments. Never flying with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 October 2013 by Rajan Parrikar    (USA)

EWR-LIS in Business Class on an A330. The flight was delayed by over an hour. Warmly greeted upon boarding. Cabin was clean, but the seats were not flatbed. Service was polite and attentive, and the food served was excellent.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 October 2013 by Elaine Hall    (UK)

London Heathrow to Lisbon. Service was fine at Heathrow and fine to Lisbon, there was delay at Lisbon airport and at Miami due to air strike in France. The service could of been better to Miami, only one choice of meal on long distance but two choices of meals coming back from Miami to Lisbon and not happy that you only get half a cup of coffee or tea. Price is ok but not when you pay for your inflight meals on all your trips. Staff at Lisbon airport was fine, air stewardesses were not pleasant, the male stewards were fine and helpful. I felt uncomfortable on the flights, leg room was not good on flights to Miami, the return was better.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Cuberos    (Holland)

October 5th from Seville to Caracas. Flying Seville to Lisbon first. Travelled with my 7 month old baby and my husband, when we arrived in Seville the woman at check-in told us that there was something wrong with my ticket, she told me my child appeared linked to my husband ticket and not mine. Told to fly to Lisbon and they would resolve my issue. In Lisbon I was told I had no ticket and that my son could fly with my husband but not me. I did not move from the front of the line when they told me they could not assist me, it took almost 2 hours to solve my issue. A very impolite man came and gave me the boarding pass for my baby and me. I can not believe how we were treated and how difficult it was for them to put us on the plane we paid for. To top of it the food served during the flight was very poor.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 October 2013 by A Lopes    (Switzerland)

Had a business class flight from Milan to Lisbon (1/10/13), was very nice. The cabin crew were friendly and always helped. The food was good for airline meals. Very efficient serving. No problem with the luggage. Got back to Zurich on 9/10/13 again business class. Very nice service as described before, always refilled the glasses. The priority luggage is always the first which comes out. I always travel with TAP when I go to Portugal, they still maintain a certain high lever which is very satisfactory.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 October 2013 by Theresa Flora    (USA)

Flew out of LIsbon to New Jersey on 10/8/13. We had one bag of checked luggage between the 3 of us. It was 6 kilos over. We were told it would cost 8 euros to check the bag. My husband took out 10 euros and the rep said to bring the cash to customer service. When we got to customer service we were told it was 80 euros, not 8. We had to pay it because the bag had already been taken, otherwise we would've emptied some things into our carry- ons. Keep in mind we had one checked bag between us. We were technically under weight! Next, we were seated in the back of the aircraft, so by the time the food cart came to us, they were out of one selection. The other selection was awful. Our child ate barely anything. The snack brought later on was a dried out Swiss cheese sandwich that was inedible. Most passengers left it intact and sent it back. For $950 a ticket, one would think the food would at least be edible. We won't be using TAP again. We've had a better experience on United, and we can pick our seats.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 October 2013 by Bruno Cardoso    (Portugal)

February 2012 from Lisbon to Rome and vice-versa. The flights departed on schedule and the crews were excellent. On our returning flight, the crew were very friendly. The meal on board the first flight was the thing I considered very poor: a cup of juice and some biscuits for a journey of 2.5 hrs. On my returning flight the situation was worse because TAP didn't serve any meals. The experience on board was ok: the aircraft, A319, were clean and comfortable. An experience to repeat, I hope.

TAP Portugal customer review :  3 October 2013 by Nicolaou Nicos    (Germany)

It appears that TAP has made it a habit to announce no cabin service at the very last minute. Flew back to Germany from Lisbon. One hour delay at airport, 3 hours flight and only a glass of water not even a coffee. It appears that they save the food and drinks for the return flight from Frankfurt to Lisbon. What do they mean with minimum cabin crew? There were 3 air stewards for 135 passengers. Still no service on board. Totally unacceptable. I will never fly with TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by M Ritter    (Germany)

FRA-LIS, 2013/09/08, LIS-Horta (Azores), 2013/09/13, back to FRA, 2013/09/21, economy. Had booked the flight 10 months in advance, scheduling was changed twice during the first 6 months. Had planned to fly back on Sept, 20th, flight from Horta to LIS was cancelled in April, and would we change to fly from Ponta Delgada (350 km distance). We booked on the flight for the 21st and had to book (and pay of course) one night plus in our hotel. For the flight home, we luckily did online check-in the day before, where we learned that we were not booked on the flight. Phone call revealed that the flight we had originally booked had been re-established and carried out, though, and that they had booked us back on that plane without telling us, so that we had unwillingly produced no- show some hours ago. Luckily there were still free seats on the plane for next morning so they booked us back, and 5 minutes later we could proceed to our online check-in. Flights as such were okay, food was rather good, crew quite kind, but I had to go myself to the rear and ask for water because nobody responded to the attendant's call. The captain on LIS-FRA very kindly invited us to the attention of a very clear nocturnal sight on Paris. IFE on small ceiling-hanged monitors ridiculous if you have no binoculars.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

GIG-LIS. Another delay, according to FlightStats TAP has a 80% delay score frequently and I suffer with many of them. Another disgraceful economic class flight, the same food was served days before, same old A330 airplane without wi-fi or any on demand service on board. The crew were young, without any visible experience and unprofessional, to many problems and mistakes, lack of solutions to solve them. They spend all the time hidden, chatting and laughing behind curtains. As a frequent flyer I saw TAP service getting worst flight after flight.