Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2013 by D Shaw    (USA)

I had a connection in ATL on my way to BWI, after taxiing out we went back to the gate with mechanical issues. The de-icer warning light came on. They told us we would have to wait for the plane to be fixed as there were no available planes, after de-boarding they said they had found another plane for us. It got us to our destination 5 hours late, I missed my shuttle and had to rent a car to arrive at my destination on time. I called SWA and they willingly issued me a travel voucher for $300 to cover the cost of the car. I was happy with this compromise although cash would have been best. The crew etc were fine, no issues there. The only thing I can say, and it might be too critical, is I would have expected them to be more proactive about reimbursing for the inconvenience.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2013 by D Manning    (USA)

CLE-MCI with a stopover at MDW. The flight crew were attentive and nice, and the plane, a Boeing 737-700, was very clean.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2013 by B Tinoco    (USA)

I will never fly Southwest again, even though they were $300 cheaper than the opposition. I have never had this many flight delays in my 10 years of flying combined, that I have had with SWA in the last 2 days! The weather has been good! If you want to save money and don't care about things like arriving/departing on time, they aren't that bad. Also, I am not a fan of the royal rumble/every man for his own seat scenario that plays out every flight. I sincerely felt as if we were playing musical chair every time that we dumped off another filled-to the seats load that we just picked up on our fourth stop. Putting my bag way in the front and then hiking to the back for my seat wasn't a blast either. All in all, the savings in my opinion does not warrant the lack of professional services that should be granted from an airline.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Hesser    (USA)

LAX-LAS-DEN flight delayed due to mechanical problems. After a 2 hr delay, gate agent announced we would receive $100 vouchers off future travel. We couldn't re-book on the next flight, as it was full. Unfortunately, problem was not fixed, and flight was canceled 4 hrs after scheduled departure. We were re-booked and arrived 6 hours late. While I understand mechanical issues happen, such a long delay is unacceptable on a short 1 hr flight such as LAX-LAS. Southwest should have been able to swap out an aircraft at a major hub such as LAX. Prompt re-booking when the problem was first discovered could have got passengers to their destinations sooner. Otherwise, cabin was clean, and In-flight service good, featuring pretzels peanuts and complimentary soft drinks. The new "Evolve" seating is uncomfortable and cramped, with 31" pitch. Admittedly, such a lengthy delay is not customary for Southwest, but their overall punctuality and cabin comfort has deteriorated in the past few years.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by S Brett    (USA)

I'm consistency taking Southwest out of Midway to a variety of different places (LAX, PHX, ABQ, DEN, HOU, LAS), and its usually the redeye. I can always judge the best and worst of airlines based on their customer service during their redeye hours. Airlines staff have always been friendly and accommodating. My partner, for example, was feeling ill after a trip and he was granted an early boarding pass after explaining his situation to the boarding crew. You also can't beat two free bags and no change fees; I was able to use the funds from a canceled flight towards another. Rewards program is pretty good too, especially if you have a Southwest card.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Andre Franca    (Brazil)

LAS-SEA, first time flying Southwest, my whole experience should be described as a visit to the zoo, you line to the check in kiosks at airport where you print your boarding pass and insert the bags into the system, then line again to see the agent with your tags, the funny part is yet to come! Boarding process as someone here said is a cattle car thing, they board by groups and family traveling together in different groups start scenes on the gate, it delays everything. Onboard crew not well groomed, I had the impression they hated being there. The more I fly American legacy carriers, the more I stop complaining about Brazilian airlines.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2013 by M Shehorn    (USA)

I fly Southwest a lot even though I don't like their cattle car boarding procedure. My latest problem with them is their customer service or lack of. I had a flight scheduled from Little Rock to Houston which was delayed 50 minutes, so would miss my connection in Houston. Called to reschedule for the next day and was told I would have to pay an extra $170 for changing my flight. They offered no help and insisted I would have to pay the upgrade fee even though they had plenty of seats on flights the next day. If the flight had been delayed an hour instead of 50 minutes, they would've changed my flight free!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by R Hume    (USA)

Badly handled 3-hour delay, CMH to DEN flight. This is the first time in my history with Southwest, so I don't know who to blame for the misinformation, lack of information and lack of concern from the CMH ground personnel. Obviously, my unfailing praise for Southwest has been tempered. I hope they do some personnel training so future passengers are treated better. Date of this was 5/20/13.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by A Pinapala    (USA)

Southwest airlines was able to give me the worst experience I ever had flying in an airplane, which is very difficult considering I am on a flight 3-4 days a week. This was on Flight 110 from FLL to BNA on May 20, the flight was initially delayed for a short period of time due to ground delay and then a ground stop. However, 60 minutes into waiting on the runway the flight had to return to the gate because they were out of required fuel. I have spent my share of long waits on runway but never had a flight turnback for fuel for a delay of 60-90 mins. This speaks about Southwest's abject lack of focus on customer service and complete focus on economics. The flight pushed back from gate after 1.20pm even though the gate was closed 5-10 mins before it and its now 3.03pm we are parked at the gate waiting for fuel refill. There hasn't been a single word or indication of when the expected time of departure or ETA is and the flight staff seem to be only smiling at our misery.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 May 2013 by L Pulliam    (USA)

RNO-ONT-RNO. All flights on time, if not a little early. Staff pleasant, ground crew pleasant. Made a brief stop in Vegas on the way to Ontario and a brief stop in Oakland on the way back. Very quick turn around times. Full flights on all sectors and staff even managed to do a quick beverage service on a 35 minute flight. Southwest has a good product and I will continue to be a pleased customer.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by D Hiller    (USA)

Take Southwest weekly from Portland, OR to Las Vegas. Flights in the morning have been on time. Late night returns have run from 45 mins to 2 hours delayed. Flight crews are excellent and professional. 4 non-stops between Portland and Las Vegas during the work week, 2 bags checked bags free and no change fees keep me a loyal customer. Besides the later return flights and Southwest frequent schedule changes I have nothing but praise for this airline.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2013 by N Auzins    (USA)

Columbus ticket counter was rude and condescending. Flight was delayed getting to Chicago. On leg from Chicago to PDX, our previous flight delay made us the last to enter the plane. We were traveling with a 6 week old baby and a 4 year old. The flight crew did not try to help us by asking people to move seats, so we were separated for the flight. It was a terrible experience. It has been a while since we flew SW, but I can say that we will avoid this airline as much as possible.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2013 by C Keys    (USA)

Excellent fare! I flew round-trip from DAL (Dallas Love Field) to SEA (Seattle) for $228. round-trip. All flights arrived within 10 minutes of scheduled times. The flights in both directions stopped in Albuquerque. Inflight service was consistent. We had crew changes in ABQ in both directions. Although all crews were fine, some were better than others.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Keith Fox    (USA)

We had an issue with our tickets and time our flight was to leave Indy, Southwest had cancelled our original flight, but had not notified us that our flight was leaving at 6.45 vs 8.10, therefore we missed our flight. The Southwest staff at Indy were very apologetic and helpful, they placed on the next flight out, which was a direct flight, bought us breakfast and gave us vouchers to use in the future. Flight crew on this flight were excellent!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Perry Davies    (USA)

Horrible experience, we sat in the plane for an hour only to realize that the flight was cancelled because a small plastic emergency sign would not illuminate! I suspect there was more to it than that, because the plane was empty on around 20 people on board. Everyone on board suspected that they cancelled this flight because it was empty. There were no more flights out that night and we had to be in Phoenix by 7:30 am for a competition. So after getting the cold shoulder from the front desk and a voucher that she was to lazy to put in my name, and she couldn't refund our flight! (we had to do that the next day). We drove all night to make the competition the next morning.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by E O'Brian    (USA)

I have taken several flights recently from Denver to Burbank CA. Each time we left on time and usually arrival ahead of time. The Early Bird Check-in is well worth the few dollars. Having two free bags to check-in enabled me to avoid the part I usually dread - hoisting the bag into the overhead locker. The customer service was great! The other thing I really appreciate is having porters at the airport to check in the bags.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2013 by John Clift    (UK)

Five flights over the last two weeks Islip to BWI to ATL to MDW to LAX then San Diego to Oakland, all left and arrived on time, effortless check in. Comfortable seats and reasonable leg room. All in all an experience that beats all other US domestic carriers. I have platinum elite status with another carrier here but for domestic flights Southwest beat them hands down.

1 2 3 4 5 6