Spirit Airlines Customer Reviews and Spirit Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Spirit Airlines
1.5 Star Rating: Very Poor

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Johnson    (USA)

Standard

Poor customer service in-person and on the phone. Delays due to lack of organization. Failure to verify passenger carry-ons, leading to over-filled overhead bins. Passengers who paid for their carry-ons had to sit with them in their seats.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by C Mays    (USA)

3 out of the 4 flights were delayed/late (had layover in Vegas). I am not going to focus on the no frills accommodations because I knew about them before we booked. I am going to point out that Spirit has to deliver on the most basic items they are promising and they did not. The planes were clean. My sons tray had food on it, the floor under our seats was dirty with crumbs, papers, etc. Our flight back to Chicago was supposed to arrive at approx 10.50pm, flight #356. Instead we made it to Chicago at approx 3am. I was traveling with my wife and 2 children ages 3 and 6. In San Diego, we arrived and were told at customer service that the plane was an hour late. Spirit gave our plane to another destination and we inherited a plane that was being repaired. We made our way to the gate and by the time we got through security our plane was delayed another hour or two. No one was providing updates to the crowd. We boarded, flew, landed in Vegas. My family was starving, needed to go to the bathroom, etc. We rushed to pick up a sandwich and then waited before boarding. Again, I have to remind you that I have a 3 and a 6 year old. I also overheard the gate attendant telling passengers that the flight was delayed because of weather which is an obvious lie. I was in San Diego and know the plane was being worked on. I have flown every airline out there and have experienced delays in the past. They take the cake. How they handle business is absurd.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by H Lennart    (Netherlands)

If you just read what the maximum measurements are for luggage and know that you have to pay for drinks, there is nothing to be frustrated about and you get a great price for the flight. I just flew from Panama to Fort Lauderdale. Although a little delay (30 min or something), everything was perfect. In the beginning I thought that they would charge me 10USD for the check in since I couldn't do that online (international flight and not a US citizen). But since we tried we were not charged for that.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Dave Roemmich    (USA)

Big

Flight got canceled but other family members made it to same destination on other airlines (Southwest). Never received any text or e-mail notice until 10 hrs later. No help or assistance from counter just we will give you your money back. Walked over to United and they were more than happy to help us find flight. Flew back on Spirit as did not want to cancel and not have way home. Flight delayed due to attendant being late. Comfortable seat yes pay the extra $25.00 but regular seats all I heard was complaints of how tight the were. Staff on flight back tired unfriendly. Booked through them do to saving money never again spend the extra few dollars it is well worth it for other airlines.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Gorodetzky Tamara    (USA)

Standard

One way flight from McCarran airport, Las Vegas to BWI in Baltimore, flight 696, Nov 29. When buying 4 cross country tickets for our family, flying is not inexpensive by any stretch. But, Spirit takes flying to a whole new low. The seats were so close together that my knees touched the seat in front of me. And, I am only 5 ft. 4 in. I felt so bad for the 6 foot tall man beside me. There were pretzel crumbs all over the floor, no complementary beverages (even water), and not even a sick bag in my seat pocket. Do I need to pay extra for that too? Finally, the seat reclined all of two inches which was no reprieve for my discomfort. It is probably the most inhumane way to travel. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Ehren Knappe    (USA)

Standard

Cheap base price doesn't translate to cheap overall prices. I implore anyone looking at the "low" fares on Spirit and thinking they're getting a deal to think again. This airline is, bar none, the worst airline out there. They will charge you to choose a seat, anywhere from $11-$45 on the flight I took. They will charge you fees to check in at the airport, $10. They will charge you an awful amount of money to the point where it is no longer cheaper than others. Want to bring a laptop? Well, that's an extra $45. Thinking about a drink on-board? More money out of your pocket. Service is horrendous. The flight attendants were rude and you're packed into a sardine can with far less room than you would have on a real airline. It turns out I would have saved more money flying Southwest or Delta. This was all while checking in on-line and trying my best to avoid those extra charges. I didn't choose a seat. I was forced to take one carry-on, and I didn't buy anything inflight. I will never fly this airline again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Rosata    (USA)

Standard

No matter how low their prices "look" because that's simply all it is, a facade with tons of hidden fees to come after you commit to their "low" ticket prices. Our tickets were $275 each which sounded great for a direct flight to FL from MA. Then the nightmare began, $20 per person to sit with my husband on the flight I just paid for. You have to pay for your bags in advance or the prices just go up - who knows what size bags they'll be bringing 3 months prior to their trip. We paid $70 per person for 1 checked bag each. Only a small purse or briefcase is allowed on the flight with you at no charge, if you want a carry on you pay for that too. So we put everything in our checked bags to save money. Planes wasn't very clean and the seats were tiny, don't recline and even better, nothing is free! No snack, no water, soda etc, everything costs money. The staff onboard were stuffy and not cheerful. If you don't check-in online before arriving at the airport they charge you another $10 per person each way. At check in for the flight home my bag (the same weight it was when we left Boston) would cost me $50 due to being overweight - now it's double for the same suitcase. Staff did not want to help and simply said I could either take things out or pay. On top of our $275 flight we spent $275 in "fees" which brought our tickets to $400 per person.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by C Born    (USA)

Standard

This airline is horrible! Our flight ended up being only $30 cheaper by the time we added bags and seats, that's right you have to pay for the flight, the bags, then the seat you want and if you want anything at all on the flight its extra! The seats were cramped, really cramped! The flight was 2 hours late. The flight attendants were rude. Not worth the hassle.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Sue Failer    (USA)

Standard

Round-trip flight from Minneapolis to Vegas leaving 12/4/14. Upon arriving at the airport, as I was checking my bag today I was told the flight was cancelled. They said my money could be refunded or I could fly out the next day at 11pm. There was no offer to assist me in getting another flight today. As a result I spent 5 hours trying to get a flight out that same day but could find nothing under $1200. Horrible customer service from Spirit and as a result my entire vacation was cancelled.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Christine Beers    (USA)

Standard

Delayed a couple hours heading from Vegas to SD. Then from SD to Vegas it was delayed several hours. Ended up having to stay in SD an extra night. The staff are horrible and distant, not caring at all. No food or rooms offered. I am now at the airport for my flight that was supposed to board at 9.25am. It is currently 10:30 and the flight has been delayed until at least 12.30. I will not be surprised in the least if it is further delayed. Horrible airline!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by R Yang    (USA)

Standard

Perfect scores on everything because Spirit met my expectation at all categories. Every rule and fee is right there on their websites. Spirit doesn't trick anyone to join their fare club or getting its credit card, it's always about choice of yes or no. Most people complaining didn't read carefully in the first place. Spirit is honest about its seat pitch and the recline - and you can upgrade to nicer seats. Spirit is not for those who can't pack lightly, or going to a job interviews, important event of lifetime. Delays and cancellations happen and many are not the airlines fault, by all means please fly legacy airlines. The key to save money and enjoy the Spirit rock bottom price is reading everything carefully, double check the name and itinerary before buying. Buy tickets at the airport - it waives the booking fee when buying directly at the counter. If the airport is close and there is cheap way to go there it's worth it to save some decent money. If the Spirit website is down when checking in online then by all mean print that screen error message out as written proof to the agents at the airport to print boarding pass for you for free.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Edward Larkin    (USA)

Big

The staff were so unprofessional! Instead of getting us seated, they were talking amongst each other. We had a big seat and the floor was filthy. We've been using Spirit for about 15 years and they were very good years ago, but we definitely see a big decline in personnel, dirty seats, floors, etc. It doesn't cost more money for at least the staff to be courteous and friendly. We are looking for a new airlines. Last night was the last straw!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by T Ranck    (USA)

I am not one for negativity, but had a been slightly more knowledgeable about this airline, I mostly likely would have booked another carrier for the extra few hundred dollars. I have the feeling its our responsibility as consumers to research and be as informed as possible, within reason. The extra baggage charges, seat charges, etc I could deal with even though I found this out only 2 days before I left for my vacation. What left me with a huge dissatisfaction was the gate attendant. We heard cancellation announcements for other passengers and became concerned about ours. When we enquired, the attendant was very nonchalant and unapologetic and provided no solution to our issue. Had this employee been properly informed, we would have known in plenty of time to get leave the airport, rent a car and drive to Ft. Lauderdale to catch our connecting flight to Costa Rica. The nonchalant attitudes seem to be a common thread throughout this airline. All in all this vacation worked itself out, but it was too much stress because of the unprofessional and unorganized ways of this airline.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by D Kenny    (USA)

Don't be deceived by their low base rate, They will charge> you for everything except the bathroom and squeeze every dollar out of you that they can! We paid extra for luggage over 40 pounds, which most airlines are 50 pounds. We paid extra to ensure we got to be seated together for our trip. Extra for snacks and water! And when you check-in online and you qualify for express baggage check-in, be prepared to wait 45 minutes to one hour! Do your homework and compare bottom-line prices including baggage, seating, check the allowable baggage weight, etc and whatever you do do not choose Spirit Airlines!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Anthony W Smith    (USA)

Standard

Flight 224, Nov 16 2014, Chicago to NYC and return flight 847, Nov 18 2014. I read the bad on-time reviews and was prepared for the same results. I was pleasantly surprised. The flight was on time going and coming. I would recommend Spirit Airlines in the Chicago-NYC segment. The employees were friendly and helpful. They made my trip excellent.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Peter Symes    (Denmark)

Standard

The ancillary fees are plainly excessive. From bag charges, small luggage allowances (40lb instead of common place 50lb) plus the fact that carry-on is charged for completely negates the base price is low. On a business trip from Europe our transatlantic fare included luggage fees was less than flying from Florida to Las Vegas with Spirit. We had no chance of printing out boarding passes and were then charged for that too. If there are any other way of going from A to B I will not fly this Company again. It's too stressful and aggravating.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by E Kardas    (USA)

Standard

Traveled from Boston to West Palm Beach for $58 - that wouldn't even pay for gas if I drove. New plane (A320) with great flight attendants and pilots! I highly recommend Spirit, and will fly them whenever I can.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by A Hollick    (USA)

Standard

Flight was $200 compared to an average of $250 for other carriers. Got to gate and was told my "one and only" carry on bag (that fits in the overhead compartment) was too large to qualify and would cost me $100 round trip. That's 50% of the total flight charge. Had no choice as I was already at the airport. Got on plane. Charged $2.50 for a coffee. Lady next to me was also charged for a blanket. I will never fly this airline again. Seat was cramped and uncomfortable.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by A Strauder    (USA)

Big

11/13/2014, Flight 298. Just flew to Houston Texas because of a death in our family. I had heard all the horror stories and did not know what we were in for. However I watched a youtube video on how to avoid fees and enjoy your flight, I followed the instructions and the flight was great. I am a big guy so we paid for the big seats and we were comfortable going and coming back. We checked bags and had carry on, but it was still cheaper than the other airlines. Spirit sent me a number of emails so we would not be nickel and dimed. We went on a sad occasion but the flight was great get the big seats and you will enjoy your flight.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Marc Rejtman    (USA)

Standard

Deceptive low ball pricing sucks you in - but they then hit you with hidden charges for everything. You will be repeatedly ripped off and end up paying 110% extra for an uncomfortable seat, on a filthy rundown plane, with a surly, rude crew and lousy service! Our round trip tickets (2 adults - One with a carry on bag and one with a checked bag) from Ft. Lauderdale to NY were supposed to cost $280.32 but ended up costing $612.36.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Z Robinson    (USA)

Standard

This was our first time flying with Spirit and we will never fly with them again. My best friend and I took a trip to Las Vegas and flew with Spirit. Myself, as an Entertainer and her as a Hospitality Manager, we travel a lot and work and deal with people. From start to finish, not a single worker was friendly, genuine, or even showed a smile. We received attitude from multiple workers only because they themselves were having a bad day and taking it out on their customers. Most airlines allow you to have your bags up to 50 pounds, but Spirit only allows 40 pounds. Along with that, their prices for luggage (including overweight fees) are ridiculously expensive, and you have to pay for your carry-on as well. There are no complimentary drinks or snacks on the flights and what they do offer you have to pay for and is, yes, expensive. I would not recommend Spirit Airlines to anyone.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Freel Stacey    (USA)

Standard

Used Spirit for our honeymoon to Puerto Rico. I thought I was getting a good deal and boy I was wrong. This airline charges you for everything. After buying our tickets months ahead of time, I then checked a day before we left for our trip and was charged over $400.00 for luggage and to pick our seats! When I checked in the flight was still leaving on time. I then checked our flight again before we left in the morning and it still said the flight was on time. When we arrived our flight had a 4 hour delay. After 3 hours, they then told us it would be another hour delay and that we would be unable to get to our destination that day if we had connecting flights. They put us in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale overnight. The next day after boarding after a 5 hour delay, they then told us all to get back off the for a security check of the plane they forgot to do. They assigned the seats that my husband and I paid for to another family. Ground staff and flight attendants were rude and showed no compassion!! No call back from customer service after a week of waiting.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by L Johnson    (USA)

Standard

I flew November (2014) from Detroit to Denver (and back). I was pleasantly surprised on the following: The plane to Denver was very clean and the flight was on time and staff were pleasant and personable. This flight was in the afternoon and staff did do a "pitch" for the Credit card, but they did not pressure us. They walked the craft, asking if we wanted to buy anything a couple times and walked the craft 3 or 4 times looking for trash - they seem to be on the move quite a bit, back and forth on the plane. They did have a few minutes of down time - where they congregated in the back near the restrooms. I didn't pre-order my seat or additional bags. I had one personal item that fit easily in their "check container. I did not see them question anyone about their carry-on bags, nor did I see anyone angry or any of the Staff acting rudely to the passengers, everyone seemed happy and pleasant. The plane was about 3/4 full. I let them choose my seat. I traveled alone. I was given an aisle seat - a pleasant couple sat next to me. There were children on this flight and 2 service dogs. I wasn't bothered by either of them - all in all a very pleasant flight. You can take food on the plane, and drink (drinks purchased or water bottles filled after security). The plane from Denver to Detroit was a little late leaving Denver (due to snowy conditions and the need for de-icing.) However, we arrived in Detroit very near to our scheduled time. This was a Red-eye type flight. That plane was a little dirty but not bad (crumbs on the seat and some smashed spots on the carpet - most likely from children). Staff were pleasant and they didn't make a sales pitch for their Credit Card during this flight. They did ask a couple times if we needed anything (to buy) and walked the craft a couple times for trash. This flight was less than 1/2 full, so they didn't have as many people to service. I notice they sat most of the flight in the last row reading and talking. Which didn't bother me - it was simply an easy flight for them. I did not witness anyone unhappy with the staff, nor did I see anyone being questioned about their bags. There were a couple children on this flight which did not bother me. I would definitely suggest this airline. However, before booking read their regulations/rules and cost of each service they provide, Do your research and see if it would be cost effective for you. It was for me, I flew for $106.00 (including the yearly $9 club fee). That fee paid for itself in this one flight.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Stone Nancy    (USA)

Standard

I was super disappointed with my flying experience with Spirit. I didn't read the fine print on the cost of luggage and seats. I guess that is my fault but pretty sneaky on Spirit’s part. Those are costs that you should really make sure your customers can read. The cost of the flight attracted me, $336 round trip not bad! Then it was another $60 for my luggage and another $40 for my seat. You can imagine my surprise when I sat down in my $20 seat that was truly the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat on in an airplane. When the flight attendants came around with beverages and snacks to purchase they even charge for water.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Paul Berlin    (USA)

Standard

We just returned from a round trip flight on Spirit from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. Cost of the flight approx $255, the next least expensive was $380. A great saving. You need to know their rules as they are a little different in order to save money. Do everything ahead online, print boarding pass, pay for checked luggage, accept random seat assignment. It was a new plane, attendants, young and could not have been more accommodating, none of the grouchy attendants that have been in the unfriendly skies for over 30 years. Left on time and arrived on time. Sure the seats are cramped as they do not recline, I'm OK with that as I do not have the person in front of me leaning back and putting the tray in my face. Both times our one suitcase was waiting for us when we got to the baggage area. Would we fly with them again, yes.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Lynn Ford    (USA)

Standard

I will not be flying Spirit Airlines again! I would rather drive the 2 hours it takes to get to Charleston, SC so I can fly Southwest Airlines. We had 4 legs to our trip and had no problems until we got to the last leg of our trip. The staff were rude and obnoxious! We were told we had to check the bag that we'd been carrying with us the entire time! The cheap seats are no match for quality customer service!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Allison Shanholtzer    (USA)

Standard

Spirit's "cheap" flights are deceiving. If you compare the base cost to other airlines it will most likely be cheaper. However, Spirit is amazing at finding every single possible way they can get even one more dollar from you. You can't even get water on the plane without pulling out your credit card. 1 carry on bag is $50. You can't select any seat to ensure you stay with your party without paying at least $10. The seats are small and uncomfortable and don't even recline. Customer service is not a priority for Spirit Airlines. The employees I came across at BWI and LAX, as well as on the phone, were not friendly. Reps were clearly there only for a paycheck which seems to line up with Spirits over all mentality. The only reason I am giving Spirit more than one star in overall trip satisfaction is because both flights were on-time. All economy airlines were not created equally. Thanks for the reminder Spirit. I will forever pay a few more dollars on the base rate and remember that the included courtesy, reclining seats, water/soda are more than worth it.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Keenan Holmes    (USA)

Standard

I needed an emergency flight from NYC to CHI on 10-28-14 returning on 11-2-14. I was able to book my flight for a pretty good price but boy was I in for a trip. Going there was good until I was told I would need to pay for my carry on bag, which would have been $50.00. I went to the rep at the airport gate, she looked at my bag and said it was fine. Everything on flight I had to pay for (snacks, beverage, no entertainment). None the less it was a night flight so I just went to sleep. Now on the return flight is where it went all downhill. I arrived at the airport an hour and a half before the flight, 30 minutes before takeoff they announce it is cancelled, due to crew and they had no other flights to put me on. Their only offer was to reschedule my flight for the next flight out at 6am, or get a refund. I asked for the refund so that I could book a flight on Jetblue. I will never recommend Spirit, nor subject myself to their services again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Cheryl Sternemann    (USA)

Standard

Once is definitely enough to experience a lousy flight with Spirit. Supposedly offers low airfares, to "nickel and dime" a customer to the point that the extra "hidden" costs equate the original cost of the ticket? For what should have cost $125.00 for a round trip flight from San Diego to Las Vegas, ended up costing me over $200.00. For less than that, I could have flown at least a couple other carriers with a reclining seat, with legroom, free wifi or video service (regardless if I used it or not), free water or soft drinks and a snack (again, regardless if used or not)! For anyone over 5' 3" tall, I strongly advise you go with any other carrier.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Barbara Hafer    (USA)

I booked my trip, then read the airline reviews and I was quite concerned. But I figured, I was only flying from Baltimore to Myrtle Beach so how bad could it be for the cost - the cost of round trip for both my husband and myself, including baggage, was about $700 less than any other airline flying out of Baltimore, how can you not take advantage of it. First, the website clearly states about any additional baggage fees and carry on fees, so people that were complaining about that, just plainly did not read! I packed one checked bag for my husband and myself, paid for it in advance and made sure it was under 40 pounds. For our personal baggage I had a large pocket book and he had his c-pap machine. I printed my boarding pass the day before our trip and let them assign our seat at no extra cost! We were assigned seats together! Arrived at the airport and was able to go right through to Fast Bag Drop, since I paid for my checked bag in advance when purchasing our tickets. The person that checked us in couldn't have been any nicer! We ate breakfast at the airport then proceeded to wait for boarding which boarded on time and we took off about 6 minutes earlier since everyone was on board. Next our crew was excellent, they provided some entertaining comments which I thought were quite refreshing. One hour later we were in Myrtle Beach. The morning we came home, there was fog, and our plane left about 1/2 hour later but still, everyone was pleasant. The crew on the return flight wasn't as jovial as the flight down, but no complaints. I would fly this airline again to Myrtle Beach and if taking a longer flight, I would compare prices and make my judgement at that time. I think people just need to read. It's not like it's in fine print, it plainly states their rules which I read thoroughly before booking. Thanks, Spirit for making my first trip on your airline enjoyable!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Mayhue Ike    (Canada)

Standard

Latrobe to Myrtle Beach September 15 and returned a week later. The outbound flight left early and arrived 30 minutes early. The return flight left on time and arrived on time. Service at check-in was friendly and helpful. Service on the aircraft was great too. The aircraft was clean and looked fairly new. There were no unexpected surprises and I was amazed that there was so much space available in the overheads once the doors were locked. All in all a great time. I have a permanent Gold card on American, and have been a gold flier on both United and Air Canada. Spirit is a great airline as long as you read and understand their website.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by K Ashley    (USA)

Standard

Flew into Fort Lauderdale from Boston - went to check in and was shocked at being charged $50 for carry-on baggage. Last minute aircraft change and numerous people were complaining about how dirty the plane was, trash was on the floor and stuffed into the seat pockets. No leg room with my knees crammed against the back of the seat and the person in front of complaining because I wouldn't let them recline their seat. On the return flight we spent over 2 hours online trying to print boarding passes with 2 other couples and none of could get past the log in. We called Customer Service were no help.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Brad Martinez    (USA)

Standard

First time flying on Spirit, Family of four saved about $800. Flying round trip MSP to LAX, (non-stop) the flight there left on time and landed a little early, yes seats are a little closer than most airlines but again 3.5 hour flight saving $800 not much of an issue for all 4 of us, on the flight back we sat in the Big front seats which are excellent. Yes they charge for everything - Drinks, snacks, carry-on bags, its posted all over their website and they are very upfront about all of the fees. We will definitely fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Dodds Hannah    (USA)

Standard

Worst flying experience ever. Not only is it cramped and extremely uncomfortable for longer periods of time, but their staff/flight attendants seem miserable and rude. Spirit is awful if you are a planner and don't want to be delayed or on time. I am thoroughly disappointed in my experiences and I will never purchase another "cheap airline" ticket. The $50 you save is not worth it.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Laurie Price    (USA)

We flew out of Portland (an hour and a half late), got to Chicago late and since we were late we missed our connecting flight home to Houston. When we were trying to figure out our next flight the lady told us we could go to Atlanta and then Houston or wait at Chicago for about 7 hours and go to Houston later. So we chose to be active so we went to Atlanta then Houston. Well, the lady didn't tell us that we had to recheck our bags (we should have known to ask, but that's their job to make sure). So we get to Houston and guess what, we have no luggage or car seat for my 6 month old baby. So thank you Spirit for the most stressful 24 hours. I am now sitting in the baggage pick up at midnight waiting for my things when I should be home sleeping.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by K Wilson    (USA)

Standard

Flew with spirit for the first time for our honeymoon to Costa Rica - we knew we had a lay over in Ft. Lauderdale (12 hours) with a connecting flight but we did not mind getting a hotel there - unfortunately our flight was delayed, we missed our reservations for dinner and made it to our hotel by midnight to sleep for 5 hours before we had to make our connecting flight. That flight was also delayed - reason unknown - they offered drinks but were out of most everything. The only thing for purchase was ramon noodles and coffee a strange combo at 7 am. The seats are so small and close together you can't move - the plane inside was filthy all over. On the way back once again our flight was delayed (mechanical reasons) by several hours. When we arrived back to Florida we had already missed our connecting flight - I will say that they took care of us in that instance and since it was their fault we missed our flight they put us up in a Holiday Inn, paid for food and transport and had us out on a flight the next day. That flight was also late - and once again they were out of most refreshments. Maybe I would fly again if I was desperate but probably not.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Robles Debbie    (USA)

Standard

We used Spirit Airlines on Oct.15th. We were going to Orlando from DFW. It was our first time on a plane ever. The prices were cheap so we went with it. Didn't read reviews till after. After reading reviews we were very worried that our experience would be very horrible. Not the case at all! Everything from the service to the checking in was so easy. The plane was clean and the flight attendants were very helpful and attentive. Would definitely fly Spirit again! Great prices and great service!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Joanne Maury    (USA)

Standard

Myrtle Beach to Chicago round-trip. 10/15, return: 10/19. My flight was cheap, left on time, arrived early, terminal staff and air crew were pleasant and courteous and the cost was half of other air carriers. I don't need a BFF or ego stroking, just get me where I want to go! I will fly Spirit again!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by T Easley    (USA)

Standard

Spirit exceeded my expectations! Before buying a round-trip ticket, I read many reviews from various websites, which all complained about additional costs, customer service, cramped seats, and delays. So I was really expecting the worst. Well, I must say I enjoyed Spirit. People need to do their research first before flying them. I flew from O'Hare to Vegas round-trip for $166. I did the bare fare, I just backpacked 3 pairs of clothing, toiletries, ipad, and few personal items so I would incur $0 in baggage fees. I printed out my boarding pass ahead of time to incur $0 of fees, so just got to the airport and went straight to the gate. I did notice the Spirit check in line was seriously backed up when I got to O'Hare, but flying them I would never bring checked in luggage considering the fees are high. Any snacks I brought in my backpack. So I never really encountered any service people besides the flight attendants on the flight. Both flights were on time, not delayed, and we arrived in Vegas 40 minutes ahead of time. Both flights were smooth and the attendants were fine. The seating to me was like any other normal US airline. The space may be cramped a small bit but the seats were like a fa ke leather and comfortable enough. So Spirit far exceeded my expectations after reading all the bad reviews. Spirit is best if you are going to take a 2-4 day trip, do the bare fare by only needing to pack everything in a small carryon or backpack for free. Print out your boarding passes at home for free. I would not be flying Spirit if you're checking in several bags, connecting flights, etc. I can see where the complaints would come in then. I will be definitely be using them from now on to go to Vegas and future non-stop destinations.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Mckeown    (Canada)

Standard

Spirit offers very low fares, and all you need to do is understand what you are getting for that very low fair, nothing but the flight. When I pay $110.00 for a return flight across the country (Detroit to Fort Lauderdale), I am willing to pay extra if required, but some planning ahead means you can avoid most fees. Our plane was new, I upgraded to an exit row seat for $25.00 more, we left on time, and my luggage arrived, what more do you expect for such a low cost? Better then some other airlines I have used. For the people who complain about paying for a carry on, or no free drink, plan ahead and purchase your luggage online when booking for a reduced rate, factor in the cost when comparing flights, or fly with someone else. The entire Spirit business model is you pay for everything, you have no one to blame but yourself if you didn't realize this until you got on the plane. I am happy to pay $110.00 and go without a free can of pop and not use the overhead bin!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Law    (USA)

Standard

I did my research ahead of time, prepared my personal item a few days ahead of time (for a 3 day trip) and was ready to experience the worst. I flew from Dallas to LAX and back. The flights left on time, I felt safe in the air, getting on and off the plane was no problem, staff was nice, pilots were nice, I was able to get food and drinks at the airport itself. The seats were small, but I'm short and I had my movies to keep entertained. I hope this wasn't a fluke, because I wouldn't mind starting to use Spirit for my shorter trips, where I would rather use more of my money on the trip itself.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Miguel    (Canada)

Standard

I do not understand what the negative reviews are all about. If you paid half the price the normal air ticket would cost then stop complaining. The add-on fees are clearly written in the conditions, if you do not take the time to read them then it is your problem. One thing you can save money is to travel light, bring only a backpack, there would be no additional charge. If the flight is canceled due to weather conditions it is not because of the company. Okay Spirit airlines flights are late, but other companies flights can be also late. If you pay less then you get what you paid for - you should have a higher tolerance level or else travel with Spirit is not for you. I traveled with Spirit to Costa Rica last year in May from New York, the round ticket cost me $367 - the flight was about 2 hours late (did not mind), but the plane was new and clean, staff smiley, and didn't get any unpleasant surprises. 10/10!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Greg    (USA)

Standard

Spirit is by far the most unreliable airline I have flown. Aside from the 2 plus hour delays, aside from the cheap seats with super thin backrests/the cramped space, aside from charging for any bag bigger than a size of a purse, it's been a cost effective experience - one in which I'll pay not to ever fly again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Christine Krause    (USA)

Standard

We flew Chicago to Myrtle Beach and back just last week. All our flights left early and arrived early. Staff at the counters and on flights where courteous, polite and fun! We had plenty of leg and seat room, more than on some other commercial flights I've flown in the past year (my boyfriend is 5'10" and 220 lbs, I am 5'7" and 175 lbs). I was nervous reading all the reviews but will NOT hesitate to fly Spirit again. I am looking for flights for my daughter as I type. I did not purchase any food or beverages, I brought a snack for both of us. The only downside, is the 3.5 hour drive to Chicago. I wish Spirit was closer to Appleton, WI and we would take more long weekend trips. Spirit and Allegiant Airlines offer a wonderful service, great customer care at super rates.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Larson    (USA)

Standard

I was very wary about using Spirit Airlines after reading all of the bad reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by what I experienced. First off read the whole website about fees or you will be upset and pay more. If you bring a purse and laptop they will charge you for the laptop, unless you can fit it in your purse. Watch the videos about packing so you have no surprises. I left last Wed out of Minneapolis to Detroit. I printed by own boarding passes so I was not charged. Counter ladies very friendly. I went to my gate, again counter ladies very friendly. The people that were upset and mad were due to them not reading the website and understanding all the fees. If you do not read the website and all the fees you will pay extra at the gate to bring your bag on. Pilots, flight attendants very friendly. I chose not to pay for a seat, it was only an hour flight. So I was given a middle - again only an hour flight. If I was flying to Los Angeles from MPLS, I may have chosen the bigger seats and paid the additional money. Plane was new and very clean. Seats are narrow. If you are a bigger person, pay for the bigger seat. Very small tables. I noticed most did not buy refreshments, they are pricey. My flights were on time and I encountered no issues. I would fly Spirit again. I cannot re-iterate enough make sure you read the whole website, understand the fees and you will be just fine. Great fares!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Walker    (USA)

Standard

We are currently onboard Spirit Flight 710 that landed at LaGuardia airport on time on Sunday, October 19. Upon arrival the pilot announced that another aircraft was loading passengers at our gate and we would be at the gate within 15 minutes. It is now over an hour later and we are still not at our gate, no further announcements. The pilot has announced that the FAA is completing the log book and the flight attendants should provide us complimentary snacks and drinks. Only one gate for this flight and no plan B, is on of their continued problem and the lack of customer service is another major issues. Any consideration for sending a bus and have us deplane? The plane is freezing cold! We were doing fine until we finally landed and after not flying Spirit for a while owing to the poor and consistently horrific customer service, my return has been met with another horror ending. Spirit, do us a favour and do not expand until you improve your existing services.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by V Ng    (USA)

Standard

Took a flight from Phoenix to Lima, Peru for $650 (beating the $1300 on United - the next best option). Took every precaution and planned ahead (pre-paid carry on, printed tickets at home, brought my own snacks, etc). Didn't pay extra for assigned seating and still ended up sitting next to my travel partner. Had 2 layovers - one in Dallas and one in Ft. Lauderdale, neither one was delayed nor got cancelled. Maybe I just got beginner's luck and had no issues with my flights and didn't have to deal with their customer service? Seat comfort (or lack of) will be my biggest complaint - domestic flights are extra firm and do not recline, but the international flight to Peru and back was like any other economy seating you'd find on regular planes that have more cushion and do recline. After my flight experience to Peru, I opted to pay for a window seat on the return flight so I can be slightly more "comfy". I do recommend this airline for short trips - I probably won't make another 10+ hour trip because seats are just too uncomfortable. Do your research and read the small print on the Spirit website. The website clearly states exactly what you will need to purchase ahead of time and what you will get charged if you don't. I've flown other budget airlines like, JetStar and Tigerair in Asia and they pretty much operate the same way - they don't charge you what you don't use, that's why tickets are so cheap!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by H Waxweiler    (USA)

Big

May have saved a few dollars in airfare but paid more in the long run. Leaving Chicago, flight delayed 2 hours. When asked why, no response could be given, actually got a shoulder shrug. Arrived in Las Vegas 3 hours late, still do not know why. Leaving Vegas on Monday, check flight status before leaving for hotel, "on time". Flight supposed to leave at 8:29 am, at 7:45 post that the arriving flight just leaving from Dallas. You mean to tell me they did not know our flight was delayed when the arriving flight had not even left the airport? Would it kill to keep flight information updated and accurate? Most airlines send out update texts, which requires only an automated system. Spirit cannot be bothered with little things like Customer Service. I guess our time is worth nothing. When all said and done, baggage fees, seat assignment fees, $2 for water, and five extra hours in the airport means bye-bye.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Stevens    (USA)

Standard

Oct 3 2014, flight #189, Houston to Las Vegas. Oct 7 2014, flight #398, Las Vegas to Houston. Bad customer service! Flight delayed 4 hours and notification to passengers was not timely. Nickel and dime is true. My seat ridiculously tight and should come with a warning, seriously. Next time, I will just pay a bit more, fly a real airline and be semi-miserable.  Also, no internet or TV or music, etc.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Burdette    (USA)

Standard

I flew from DFW to Tampa Oct 18, 2014, and return flight Oct 22, 2014. First leg of flight was delayed 8 hours. I was scheduled to arrive 6.30 pm, and arrived at 2.30 am. I was not given a voucher for cab, food, or any viable alternative travel options. I was visiting a friend who was recovering from major surgery and could not ask anybody in her family to pick me up at that time of night/morning, so I paid for a $40 cab ride. The flight back to DFW was packed, and I was in a row with a man who had to have been well over 400 pounds, possibly closer to 500 pounds. A girl and I shared one seat, while the large man had two seats. I was terribly disappointed with Spirit Airlines. Although your flight attendants are wonderful, they can't make up for these ridiculous fails on your scheduling and overbooking. I would have paid an extra $500 to get to my destination on time, and to actually get a full seat on my flight.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Stearns    (USA)

Standard

The negative reviews almost prevented me from trying Spirit. I just completed my second round trip. The airline website and follow up email set expectations. If you read everything Spirit provides you will have a better experience because you'll know what to expect and expectations will be in alignment. If you don't like saving money, fly a non low-cost airline. My personal experience was much better than expected in all categories. On one flight the captain actually made the pre-flight announcement outside the cockpit for all to see. This is a great alternative to existing airline experiences.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Zegelbone    (USA)

Standard

The prices are tempting. Just keep in mind there is a charge for everything except using the bathroom on the plane, so be sure to add those charges in when figuring the actual price of your ticket. You are allowed one free "carry-on", as long as it will fit under the seat in front of you. For a carry-on-sized bag that is free on other airlines, you pay an additional $45.00 each way, so for a round-trip ticket, if you fly with a carry-on, add $90.00 to the fare. This is only if you pay at the ticket counter or on-line. If you wait until you get to the gate, it will cost you $100.00 one way for your carry-on. You are able to check-in online 24 hours before the flight. Do it, because they overbook. If you want to select a particular seat, the charge is $15.00 one way. There is a charge for all refreshments, including bottled water. On many planes the seats don't move. All of this I knew about before-hand. What I didn't know about was how poorly the airline treats their customers once they have the booking. The representatives of the airline either lie or intentionally ill informed. Either way it works against the customer. I was delayed from 8.30pm until midnight on my return flight. Always check on your flight before you leave for the airport. Sadly I didn't. No one was at the gate to inform people, and there were no announcements. The only way we found out anything was with our smartphones. No texts from the airline either. At 10:30 PM, finally there came an announcement: we were told that the flight was cancelled because of bad weather. We could either take a refund for one way or wait until the next night at 8.30pm and try again. No help looking for other flights on other airlines either. Where was the bad weather? Skies were clear. The flight originated in Houston, took off and went directly to Ft. Lauderdale, and by-passed my stop in New Orleans. Spirit reps didn't tell anyone about that either - found out about that piece of info through a friend who called the airline. I went to the ticket counter and was told Spirit had no other flights available until the next night. I found out about another flight on Spirit that left the next afternoon when I called the airline after I got back to my daughters house. Others were not so lucky. No hotel vouchers for that night because the airline doesn't issue vouchers for flights cancelled due to bad weather. Spirit is notorious for claiming bad weather as the excuse for flight cancellations. That night, the agent on the phone did book me on the afternoon flight the next day, no extra charge. But be warned - don't fly in the evening if you can help t or you can get stranded, make your own phone calls, and don't trust Spirit reps at the airport to help you or give you accurate information. I'm going to have to save a lot of money to ever fly this airline again. Not worth the aggravation!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by F Reitzel    (USA)

Standard

Oct 2nd from Oakland, CA to Dallas Fort-Worth TX. Flight 408, return October 5th. I read all the reviews after purchasing our tickets. However, our experience with Spirit Airlines was better than I expected. Our flight was delayed but that was due to weather. There were no other problems, we got what we paid for, a simple airline with no extras. We were satisfied and would fly with Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Jake Shearier    (USA)

Standard

First and last Spirit flight. Was warned by friends that the extra fees and consistently late or canceled flights wouldn't be worth the $20 savings. They were right. Delayed from MSP to LAS - 1 hr. Delayed 2.5 hours from LAS to MSP.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Robbie Smith    (USA)

Standard

Awful service, delayed flights, poor communication (attendant with poor mannerisms, made few announcements, did not know correct gate until last minute). On the first flight, the attendants did not know which gate the 2nd flight would be until they landed and opened the plane door (what is this, no abilities to call the airport ahead of time?). During layover, I had to deplane knowing I had to board the same plane again. I misplaced my ticket during the layover and hence had to wait until the very end to reprint my ticket and board again. This entire process could have been avoided if I stayed on the same plane to begin with.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Henry Hernandez    (USA)

Standard

Miami was my original place of departure we were run from gate 2,4,6,8 about ten times until finally we left on gate 10 after 45 minutes of the playing magical gate game. The price for the baggage was excessive and overcame the rest of the pleasant flight. Don't worry there are other airline with lower service rating like American Airline and lower of poll US Airways.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Karen Sawyer    (USA)

Big

We could not have been more satisfied with our trip. We left San Diego exactly on time and arrived at Dallas a bit early. The flight was smooth and service was satisfactory. People at the ticket counter were courteous and helpful. I see the other reviews and think some people need to think in advance. If a drink is important bring your own. If you want food, bring your own. Learn to pack light. Bring a book to read. You can avoid the extra charges if you are smart. You can't beat the prices for Spirit tickets. Our tickets were half from the other airlines. I will definitely fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Jenkinson Aaron    (USA)

Standard

Purchased airfare from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale with a connection in Chicago. After arriving at Denver airport and waiting at the gate for boarding I received an email saying the flight to Chicago was delayed an hour. No less than 15-20 minutes later I received a second email saying that the flight was actually on time and the customer service rep announced we would be boarding at 2pm. Wrong! Sat there at the gate another 20-30 minutes after 2pm and just as the plane is boarding, they call the names of all the Ft Lauderdale bound passengers and tell us that we aren't going to make our connection and the next available flight is on Sunday. This was a Tuesday! As if that wasn't bad enough, the service reps responses were extremely rude and amounted to "gee sorry, who cares". Already had paid their $50 bag fee, which they had originally charged me $80 for. Their employees kept telling us the issue was air traffic control in Chicago but coincidentally nearly every one of their flights from anywhere to Denver that day were late or delayed, not at all just Chicago. It was blatantly obvious that they were straight up lying and that the real issue was likely a mechanical problem. Eventually got sick of arguing and had them refund everything and re-booked the next day on a real airline which cost me an extra $300.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by R Caswell    (USA)

I will never fly this airline again. The tickets are cheap, but any savings are more than made up for as they proceed to nickel and dime you every chance they get. The checked bag fee is almost double what other airlines charge, but it's outrageous that they charge even more for carry on bags. They also charge to print your boarding pass, which I was asked to rip in half myself before boarding the plane. The seats don't recline so that they can pack more passengers on the plane - very uncomfortable. I expected to pay for food, but not for drinks - including water. The plane was filthy - as I boarded I noticed crumbs all over the seats and large pieces of food all over the floor. I will never fly with this airline again. I wont go business with a company that charges me hidden fees at every opportunity.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Joe Thielen    (USA)

Standard

Do not believe their hype that they are cheap. Spirit charges for everything. You pay for your flight and find out there is an additional fee when assigning your regular seats, water on the flight, and expensive luggage prices which includes carry on. Once you total all the added fees, you are paying more. They added more rows of seats, which means you have less room than normal. First time I used them and feel "hosed".

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Diana Byrne    (USA)

Standard

I traveled to Chicago O'Hare from Orlando on Sept 24th - all went well, left on time and arrived on time. A smooth flight and everyone was very courteous.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Moy    (USA)

Standard

This airline gave me what I was looking for - an inexpensive way to get me from point A to point B. Due to maintenance problems, we were held up for 4 hrs, but that tells me they're more concerned with their safety record than their on-time record. They gave a voucher for a meal at the terminal. The seats were fairly close together, but not horribly so. The desk staff and flight attendants were friendly and efficient. Good solid flight with a worthy aircraft. I'll fly this airline again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by L Chiappetta    (USA)

Standard

Orlando (MCO), 9/29/14 to Latrobe (LBE), flight 878. LBE to MCO, flight 863, 10/4/14. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because both my flights were on time. As far as bare fare, if you can read, you know the rules. Why complain? Go somewhere else. The seats are not too roomy, true, but they are not so uncomfortable either. They are leather. The staff were friendly and I would fly with Spirit again. As far as food, there are basically only snacks you can purchase. You can get two drinks for a dollar each. So people again who complain must be really cheap.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Schweizer    (Australia)

Big

LAX-IAH return. Both flights on time, friendly crew, read the small print and printed boarding passes at home. Friendly check-in staff both in LAX and IAH. Both flights including big seats, checked-in luggage were about half the price as I would have paid on UA in first. Only downside, credit card machines did not work on both flights so could not purchase any drink/food on the plane. Would not hesitate to fly them again in the future.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by C Maitlin    (USA)

Standard

Worst trip ever. Flight was cancelled due to fire in air traffic control in Chicago (not the fault of Spirit). However, the customer service was horrendous. The next day, I checked in and the manager was training 5 new employees. The manager was taking her time to show them the process step by step and made me jump through hoops to show them how a customer checks luggage to make sure it's the right size. I asked if, considering the last 24 hours, she could skip the training and check me in faster. She was rude, inconsiderate, and showed 5 new employees that terrible customer service is OK with Spirit. I'll never fly them again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Jack Marshfield    (USA)

Standard

I traveled on a flight from Myrtle Beach to St. John, Virgin Islands. My family had not read the rules and requirements for the airline, so we were surprised by the added fees of baggage, and had to work to try and get things straightened out. The desk clerk tried her best to be as helpful as possible to minimize any fees that needed to be paid. Once on the flight, the seats were a squeeze, but no more uncomfortable that most airline seats, with the exception that they do not recline in any way. No big loss, there. Any snacks or drinks on the flight have to be paid for, at airline inflated prices, and there was no in-flight video, no wi-fi, no entertainment of any sort. Those can be dealt with by bringing your own drink and snacks in your personal bag, piece of cake. It's not comfortable by any measure, but it's not bad considering the price was about a third of the price on any other airline I looked up.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Antoine Mose    (USA)

Standard

Flight from Chicago to Boston got cancelled due to bad weather. The customer service was very limited (extremely long wait time, it felt like speaking to a robot who kept repeating itself). The company only provided the option of booking the next available Spirit flight which was more than 24hours later or get a refund of the cancelled flight (so only 50% of total flight price). The company didn't provide the opportunity of booking a flight with another airline.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Vince Powling    (USA)

Standard

Horrible customer service, unprofessional staff, bad information. Flight out to Chicago was late 90 minutes. Was misinformed that my flight was canceled on the return and ended up having to pay for a hotel and dinner and catching a red-eye flight on my dime on the return. Worst ever experience flying and with customer service in general. These folks hire people that are unprofessional and have zero training in service. They also nickle and dime you for everything. I wouldn't fly them again, also they have the worst seats in the airline industry.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Harris    (USA)

Standard

The worst of the worst (and then it goes downhill from there). First time I flew them the flight took off 2 hours late. The second time (shame on me given their reputation) the flight was announced as late and then took off on time without announcement causing me to miss the flight. Even though several others missed the flight as well and after 1.5 hours in customer (non) service lines there was no refund or credit offered. When an interviewer suggested Spirit was the Walmart of airlines, he proudly stated that was not true, Spirit was the Dollar Store of Airlines. Odd thing to be proud about. Never on time, surly employees, no consideration or accommodation for anything. All of the employees I've spoken to hate them (which is probably why they're so surly). It is the airline equivalent of riding on top of a train in India. If you must patronize them, make very sure you are aware of their draconian policies or you will receive surprises that will not be enjoyable!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Edward Crouch    (USA)

Flight 660, Sept 6th, Kansas City to Chicago. Fight 659, Sept 10th, Chicago to Kansas City. I just completed my first round trip on Spirit Airlines and after reading the bad reviews, I have to write about what a good experience I had. The counter staff were extremely helpful and courteous to help me understand the nuances that Spirit clearly states on their website. The pilots were professional, the two A320's I flew on appeared to be in good condition and from my perspective were comfortable. The cabin crews were welcoming and attentive to safety issues  I felt Spirit is really good value.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by S Horton    (USA)

Standard

From Houston to Atlanta - Ticket Cost $353, to check in at the counter $10, Kiosk- free, Carry on Bag $50 at the Kiosk, $100, at the gate. For a reserve seat $5 to $25, a random Seat - free. Sodas and water $3 each, 2 sodas and bag of chips $7. All drinks and food were for purchase. They did not have a card reader so it was cash only. Flight attendants were not needed, because they didn't provide a service.

Spirit Airlines Reviews Spirit Airlines Passenger Opinions Spirit Airlines product service standards