Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2013 by J Boy    (UK)

I choose the cheapest flights, and most convenient schedules available when travelling from Ireland and UK to other European destinations. Approx 9 times out of 10 the winner seems to be Ryanair (price and timing are great). When I choose EasyJet or Aer Lingus I'm delayed 9 times out of 10. Do you want luxury? Do you want 1hr to board a plane? Do you want 1 hr to disembark a plane? If the answer is yes, then simply don't choose Ryanair! Are you someone who has several bags? Are you someone who complains and tries to inconvenience others around you? Are you someone who takes 1 flight per year? If so, then don't fly Ryanair - and do the rest of us a favour. Let's be realistic. Who gave Europe cheap flights? Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2013 by A Hewitt    (Ireland)

Use Ryanair on the Leeds Bradford flight often, find them a great service, very clean and good value for money. Great timing for onward connections.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Majella Kilcommons    (UK)

Not a family friendly airline can not get seats together unless you are prepared to stand in a queue for 50 minutes before your flight. Trying to find a place to store hand baggage next to impossible we flew with easyJet this summer and had a much more positive experience maybe someone from Ryanair should try an easyJet flight and see how passengers should be treated.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Peter Smith    (UK)

Flew LPL-BCN, 22-25 Nov. Pre-booked seats, took 10kg in a cabin sized bag, fantastic flights, great crew, arrived early both ways. Flown with Ryanair 5-6 times and have never had a problem with them as long as you know what to expect, all for £70 return.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 November 2013 by J Smith    (UK)

We flew from Lanzarote to Glasgow Prestwick on Wednesday 27th November and had a very pleasant flight. The plane was on time and the cabin crew were most helpful and pleasant going about their duties with courtesy and a smile. The flight out went smoothly but the cabin crew were not so happy in their job. We have found that if you adhere to Ryanair's protocol, you should not incur any problems and it is certainly quite a bit cheaper than Thomsons or Thomas Cook and based on this flight, it couldn't be faulted for what you paid for.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 November 2013 by D Dimancescu    (USA)

Bari to Stansted (Nov 24) - without access to a printer my wife and I arrived at Bari airport for the flight minus boarding passes. We were told that a Euro 70 per person would be charged to print the boarding passes = Euro140 total. This is nothing less than fraudulent.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 November 2013 by A Bateman    (UK)

Out 22 Nov, back 24 Nov. Flight number 2436 outbound and back flight 2435. My wife and I went on a weekend trip to Krakow. When we were told to board the plane for the return flight, we got out onto the concourse, but the passengers on the incoming flight were still on it! We stood in pouring rain waiting. What a shambles.†Never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Steve Nobel    (UK)

Felt ripped off by Ryanair. Bought a return ticket from London to Dublin. The cost was £119. I clicked online to take one bag costing £15. When I got to the airport they said no bag had been prepaid. I did not check properly and just assumed the bag was pre-booked. So Ryanair said it would cost £60 to take my bag on the plane. I paid and got a receipt and was told to show the receipt if there were any problems. Guess what happened when I came back? Yes, I was again told that I had no bag booked on the return flight and it would cost 60 euros.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 November 2013 by C Molyneux    (UK)

Dreadful staff at Tenerife South, two flights, Dublin and Manchester queuing together and only one staff member. Had to pay for extra weight, after we paid said we could have purchased a Ryanair bag to put items in from case. What difference would that make as the weight would be the same to go on the flight. Dreadful staff on board aircraft - very rude. Instructed all to stay in our seats with seat belts on most of the flights even we had no turbulence, just so cabin crew could walk the aisle. Will never fly with Ryanair again, and that was said by most customers on that flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Laura Sabaini    (Italy)

Flight 6366, Barcelona to Bergamo, 24th November, 19.20. Bag check point. I did this check 3 days before in Beragamo: the bag was the same and fitted perfectly at Bergamo. Today, mysteriously, didn't. Inside the bag there were exactly the same things. The rude hostess not only wouldn't help, but told me that it didn't fit because I had filled it too much. I paid 60 euros in bag fees. In a long row only my bag was checked and other passengers noticed that there were other cases far bigger than mine - which weren't checked. Once on board those bags didn't fit in the overhead locker and the crew put them in the hold at zero cost. This is outrageous. I will never use this company again.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 November 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

STN-TLL. It's a revelation traveling Ryanair with a checked bag, in which case, there are no worries about being weighed, gate-checked, paying fees, etc. Ryanair's Stansted terminal is really nice and has plenty of seating, shops, etc., unlike a lot of newer budget airline terminals. The airline's service has improved, on-board staff have always been friendly and involved, and I was lucky to get a bulkhead seat so there was enough legroom this time too. Can't beat for the price.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 November 2013 by P Hepworth    (UK)

This was the first time we had flown with Ryanair, flying from Leeds Bradford to Corfu. We had heard so many negative comments about this airline, but we speak as we find and everything about this airline was excellent. We pre booked our seats and when we approached the seats they had reserved on them. We have never had so much leg room, we also found the seats to be comfy. The aircraft left on time and arrived in Corfu early. When we landed we had a trumpet played to us, apparently this is always done when a flight arrives on time or is early. The plane was spotlessly clean and to be quite honest looked brand new. The people working on the plane were extremely courteous and very very smart. I would not hesitate in recommending Ryanair to anyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 November 2013 by E Boyce    (USA)

Nov 14: flight 6374: Barcelona to Paris Beauvais. Under no circumstances should you fly this airline. They offer a cheap up-front cost because they look for any and every way to charge you on other items. No boarding passes printed? 70 Euros each. Extra bag? Not a chance. 25 more Euros. Bag over the weight limit? 20 Euros per kilo. Water on the flight? Nope - must buy it. Sitting through odd sales pitches (i.e. 2014 Girls of Ryanair Calendar) during the flight? Sure - those are free.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Steve Winstanley    (UK)

This was our first flight with Ryanair and it wont be the last. We as a family flew Liverpool to Dublin return, out early morning the flight was exactly on time, the plane was clean the crew friendly and we got seats together so no complaints. On the return we were delayed by 2 hours due to fog (no fault of the airline) this time a full flight but still got seats together. We paid a very reasonable price and got a very good service, what more could we ask?

Ryanair Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Rob Bloom    (Switzerland)

Value for money was great. No on board entertainment, no services at all. But I didn't expect any of them. So if you only want to flight from point A to B, Ryanair is perfect!

Ryanair Customer review :  14 November 2013 by J Bardon    (UK)

Smooth faultless 2 hour flight with Ryanair from CCF to JLA, friendly cabin crew, more importantly on time. Pretty much what you'd expect from Ryanair really.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Mills    (UK)

Vilnius to Leeds/Bradford Oct 18th. My complaint is about the airport departure experience. Being a party of 5 with a baby we paid for priority boarding. What this meant in practice was that we had the pleasure (!) of standing at the head of a queue for about 75 minutes. The flight was about 30 mins late arriving and departing, which must have been known by the departure gate staff, yet they made no attempt deal with the queue that formed either by telling people to go and sit down while waiting, or delaying checking people through the gate. I have written to Ryanair, but am awaiting a response as I write. I can't rubbish them completely as the flight was relatively comfortable and onboard staff were quite pleasant. I understand Ryanair is to introduce a policy of seat allocation, this should stop a lot of the problem we experienced, though not the part where airport gate staff let passengers through the gate over half an hour before departure.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 November 2013 by Lise Omdal    (Norway)

Plane new. Cabin crew OK. Punctual, free seating, so I was not seated next to my travel companion. Food and drinks for sale - I didn't try them. Constant nagging on the PA about sales, sales and more sales. Seats not reclinable. No entertainment. Leaving from remote airport, arrived at remote airport. You get what you pay for.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 November 2013 by K Denner    (Ireland)

We've just returned from a Mid term trip from Knock to Gran Canaria. A very pleasant experience both legs of the journey. Flights on time and the staff very friendly and pleasant. We had booked priority boarding which does make a difference particularly travelling with Children. The inflight menu is extensive and prices are not extreme - just a little dearer than high street. No baggage issues at all and in general a very pleasant journey - €600 return for 4 people from Ireland to the Canaires at Mid Term.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M O'Hogain    (Ireland)

It was my first time using Ryanair on a trip to London. I booked online and went into manage my booking to book a wheelchair at Dublin and Stansted. I printed both boarding passes and was glad to see wheelchair booked on both boarding card. At Dublin airport got the wheelchair all the way to the departure gate. At Stanstead there were 3 wheelchairs to collect passengers, I was brought all the way through the airport and out to the bus stop for London. The cabin crew were friendly. On the return trip the process was the same in reverse.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by G Lumley    (UK)

I have just flown from Dublin to Manchester. It was my first time flying with Ryanair and I really wasn't looking forward to the flight as I have heard many extremely bad reviews. The flight in all honestly was not a bad flight, we arrived 15 minutes early into Manchester and I have no complaints regarding the crew on board they were pleasant and polite. This company have a terrible reputation for trying to get money any which way they can, however if you read the terms and conditions properly there should be no reason for you to part with your hard earned cash. The seat pitch was fine for me a female at 5ft 4 inches and for the 45 minute duration but I can imagine it must be extremely uncomfortable for men as I can imagine if you tall it would be awful for those longer flights. One thing which I really didn't like was the non-existent seat allocation. I felt as if I was part of a cattle herd trying to get on board as people had started to queue an hour before we were due to depart to ensure families got seats together. Ryanair overall is not terrible, you get what you pay for. They are a budget no frills airline and I think people tend to forget about that. There is no inflight entertainment, not even an inflight magazine, people who expect these things really need to remember how much they paid for the flight. I will fly again if they are the cheapest option.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by E Davies    (UK)

My son has just returned from a school trip to Italy. They flew out with Easyjet to Sorrento and back with Ryanair from Rome. We had been told that the maximum hold luggage was 20kg for both flights. Going out was no problem but coming back became a nightmare for him. His suitcase weighed 15.9kg, at check in. His case was weighed on 3 different machines which all gave different weights. The person behind the desk was not helpful and told him he would have to pay 70 euros for excess, my son informed the assistant that he had no hand luggage which would have given him a further 10kg. But all this person wanted was money from him, my son's teacher then became involved. In fairness to him he himself refused to allow my son to pay the excess. My son had to open his case and thankfully some of his friends took items out and carried it through in their hand luggage. All the time this was happening my son was being made very aware that the flight would close soon! Personally I would never book with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by T Best    (UK)

Stansted to Barcelona (Reus), FR3842 outbound, 25/10/13, FR3842 return, 28/10/13. Although I had checked in online I was unable to print a boarding pass do to a non working printer. This did not concern me as I knew there were PCs at the airport. I was stunned to discover that Ryanair locks the ability to print a boarding pass within 2 hours of flying. I was absolutely livid when I was told that I would have to pay £70 to have Ryanair staff print a boarding pass, or more accurately give me a code which I had to take to their computer terminal and print my own. Outrageous.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by J Ezuma    (UK)

I set off from Stansted to Madrid last week only to be forced to pay £70 at the point of entry because I could not print out the boarding pass due to complications on how to go about it. On return I tried to print out another boarding pass but still not possible, I went to the airport a day before my departure in there desk but nothing came out of it. The next day I was made to pay another Euro 70.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 November 2013 by J Bransby    (UK)

We have chosen to fly with Ryanair from BRS-Chania (Crete) in August 2014, they were at least £300 cheaper than the alternative easyJet flight from BRS-Heraklion. The flight times were perfect too. So we booked with them due to recommendations, cost and convenience. The charges are clearly outlined on the conformation e-mail that you must print the passes before you reach the airport! In my opinion, people that turn up at the airport without their printed pass are asking for the extra charge. If you don't have a printer, then pay for check-in at the airport! Everybody knows Ryanair is about cheap, basic travel and if you're expecting anything different then you are ridiculous. I very much look forward to flying with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 November 2013 by David Hulbert    (UK)

Travelled from Stansted to Palermo return. Website very unclear over charges resulting us having to pay 150% more for bag on return! No Ryanair employees at airport. Return late due to earlier problems at Stansted - these things happen but nearing arrival at Stansted passengers asked to pick up all rubbish from under seats as the crew didn't have time at Palermo! Stunning way of showing that the customer is important. Try and complain online next day? Virtually impossible! No in-flight entertainment.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Vanessa Flores    (USA)

We just had a flight from Rome to Madrid a few days ago, and needed to do my online check in. Me and my mother did the check in through the website and through the iPhone app, and waited for the confirmation email the night before the flight. We never got it. Being tourists we don't know where to go or complaint and get the issue resolved, so we head to Ciampino airport to be informed that without the printed boarding pass, we have to pay 70 EUR for the boarding pass. If I didn't get the email, even 8 hours after checking in online, what am I to print if I never received anything. No customer service at Ciampino, no Ryanair employees on site.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by P Copp    (UK)

I have never been spoken to so rudely or treated with such contempt. I understood I should check in online but as I had problems printing this, I was lead to understand that all details would be held by Ryanair and this would be fine. The staff were rude and unhelpful. When I requested assistance printing in the airport I was sent to customer services, only to find that they did not open until 06.00, my flight was at 05.55. My partner and myself both have eye problems and when I again requested some assistance I was very curtly told "just put your glasses on". We struggled to use the PC, only to discover that the printer was in fact out of order. I was left with no option but to pay £140 for two boarding passes to be printed at the touch of a button. We eventually got ourselves and a single case weighing 20.03kg on our way to Corfu. I was therefore totally amazed when the same case, minus two pair of shoes that were thrown away and toiletries that were used, weighed 22.50kg. I would have assumed this wasn't possible but at Ryanair anything can happen.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by H Wandby    (UK)

We travelled as a party, my child who is only 10 and had never flown before couldn't sit with me or her dad as there was no seats, my nephew wasn't with his mother either - I could'nt believe how we were all separated from each other and a child sitting without a parent. I was annoyed that there was so many seats at the front of the plane where we could have sat together but had rope around them. The crew were rude and not helpful.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Iain McLeod    (Australia)

We are Scots but live in Oz. We booked online from Edinburgh and received our tickets by email. Ryanair know that tourists do not carry printers with them. On arriving at check-in we were told that we should have a printed ticket. Naturally being travelers we didn't have a printed ticket. We were told it would cost 20 pounds extra each to get a printed ticket. The flight from Edinburgh to Barcelona was amazing with drunken young females swearing badly. I think the Rynair flight from Turnhouse to Girona (about 70 km from Barcelona) was probably the biggest con we have ever had in 20 years of travelling around the world. I can't really remember but I think the original price on the internet was something like 47 pounds each. They added on a percentage because we booked with a credit card. They naturally added extra for baggage. We knew about this charge but of course Rynair have already worked out that international travellers are allowed 25 kilos but they only allow 15 kilos before excess baggage charges kick in. We were so upset about our treatment from Ryanair and the check-in experience that there is no way we would use that company again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by N Moore    (UK)

We flew from Manchester to Barcelona on 19th October and returned on 26th. The plane was punctual, clean and functional and you get what you pay for. I would advise anyone to pack some sandwiches for each journey and to buy a drink once you have checked in. Boots at Manchester is cheapest for water. The food and drink on the planes are exorbitantly priced. There is no inflight entertainment, so take a book. I must say that the leg room in a standard seat was far better than in Thomson plane which we travelled on to Jamaica, long-haul! No problems at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by J Jackson    (UK)

Recently I travelled to Barcelona with British Airways. Have used Ryanair on a number of occasions so I was interested to compare the two. Can't wait to get back to Ryanair. On British Airways the food was rubbish the seat were uncomfortable and cramped and the staff were uninterested in no one but the first class passengers. At least I know when I fly with Ryanair the plane will be new and clean and the seats are comfortable. The food is acceptable and worth the money. They are nearly always on time. Flying with Ryanair is not a problem so long as you stick to the rules. Read everything on the booking form. The last two return flights to Spain cost me £89 including one piece of hold luggage.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Paul Bailey    (UK)

FR 3232 departed from Manchester to Malaga on 13 October and I returned to Manchester on 17 October on flight FR 3209. This airline is dreadful, passengers are packed in like sardines due to a shocking seat pitch, cabin crew trying to sell you something from start to finish. Food and drinks well overpriced. First time flew with them but never again. Absolute rubbish.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Kian Chanter    (UK)

Flew from Stansted to Lanzarote with my partner. The outward journey was fine. It was the return where the problems started. I had to pay £50 each way for my guitar to come away with me. On my outward journey they let me take the guitar on the Plane with no problems. On the return journey, at the check in desk, the staff asked if I wanted to put the guitar in the hold. I said no as its a valuable instrument. So they let me take it through. They did not inform me that I couldn't take it on the plane. As I was about to board a staff member told me that I couldn't take it on the plane and that it would have to go in the hold. Wasn't happy about that but there was no other option. She then charged me 60 Euro's for this, even though I had already paid 50 to bring the guitar and the instrument was listed on my boarding pass. They didn't tell me at check in that it had to go in the hold and that I couldn't take it on the plane. So they either purposely tried to rip me off or the girl at the check in desk didn't know what she was on about, therefore I had to pay for her mistake.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Derek Field    (UK)

My wife and I flew to Fuerteventura with Ryanair 2 weeks ago. We will never travel with them again. We had to pay £140 to have 2 sheets of paper printed by the rudest person you could meet. Coming home we paid £14 for a Gin and Tonic and a hot chocolate drink! We had the most uncomfortable journey back to Stansted. We were unable to land at Stansted due to severe storms and were diverted to Birmingham. We sat on the plane at Birmingham for 2 hours while the Captain decided whether or not to fly back to Stansted. In the end he said we all had to leave the plane and coaches would be laid on to take us to Stansted. He had no idea when the coaches would arrive but said it would be hours not minutes. The crew as we got off were all laughing, telling us to enjoy our coach ride. The crews need an awful lot of training. We had to get a taxi home in the end.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Bill Jackson    (Spain)

Valencia to Seville and back last weekend, the flights were completely full which caused a bit of chaos as there was not enough room for all of the luggage and the crew had to place some in the hold. This they did with smiles and explanations on both routes. The flights were on time. Our bags were checked for size but not for weight on the way out and neither for size nor weight on the way back. All in all a perfectly satisfactory trip at less tan half of the price of the return train fare.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Mary Jo Duffy    (Ireland)

I was going to Crete from Shannon and I used Ryanair 3 times and Easyjet once and I just wanted to say I was very impressed with the service on Ryanair. On 15th Oct I was coming through Stansted and the courtesy of the man who checked me in was first class. It was 4pm. As a business person in the Ennis area I welcome the new Shannon flights and wish them every success. I, for one, look forward to trying all of them.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by R Lockwood    (UK)

Nothing wrong with Ryanair as long as you accept them as being 2nd class. They will try to rip you off at every opportunity, so it is down to you to double check everything, then check again. On my last trip I fancied a drink, instead I opted to try the Vegetable soup. Nothing could prepare you for the obnoxious substance they put before me. I took an initial swig and handed it back to the stewardess saying it was disgusting. 2 other travellers within my proximity also complained about it and asked for a refund. No such luck! When it comes to getting change for your order, forget it. I'm still waiting for mine from my 2012 holiday. Yes, they are awful, but they are reasonably cheap.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Thomas Kester    (USA)

My wife and I booked a flight from Dublin to Brussels. I checked in online and entered all the passport info. As I didn't have a printer I didn't print out the boarding passes. At the airport I went to an Internet access point to print the boarding passes only to find the ability to print the passes was blocked. When I went to the Ryanair check-in I was told it would be £70 to print the boarding pass, only to find out they wanted £70 for each passenger. £140 to print out two boarding passes is total extortion. I will never fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by J Prust    (Germany)

Hahn to Stansted early morning flight. Flight boarded swiftly and efficiently despite being full, departed on time and was "early" at Stansted (yes, I know the tricks they play with the departure windows to maintain their on-time record). As long as you navigate the website carefully, make sure you can print off your boarding card and conform to the luggage rules Ryanair offer good value and good punctuality on short flights. the people who have problems are usually those who haven't read the instructions closely enough or who try to get round the rules.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by E Young    (UK)

My husband and myself have flown 4 times this year with Ryanair. We have our check-in bag and our one rucksack (normal sized) between 2 people to place in the overhead cabins. We are sick and tired of these people who take these massive overhead cabin bags and hold up the queue getting inside the aeroplane and finding a seat quickly. Do something about it. We always enjoy our flight and the staff are always very helpfull and polite. I actually spoke to a member of staff about the problem of the bags on the flight from Krakow to Liverpool at 17.50 on the 19th October 2013. The staff know that it is a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 October 2013 by H Friedrich    (Germany)

I flew London Stansted (STN) - Bremen BRE today. STN always guarantees you an awful travel experience. Huge crowds everywhere: Long lines in front of baggage drop, long lines in front of security, long lines in front of the sky train, long lines in front of the gate, long lines in front of the aircraft. The cabin crew were very friendly, taking into account that they had a load of grumpy early morning pax to deal with. (Yes, including myself.)

Ryanair Customer review :  19 October 2013 by M O'Donoghue    (Ireland)

Flight from Shannon to Malaga on 1st October, return on 8th October. Ryanair ticked all the boxes. We had reserved seats, printed boarding passes for both flights, weighed luggage beforehand, purchased food on board, treated with courtesy and friendliness by staff on the ground and in the air. Excellent and will travel again with Ryanair should there be a Shannon flight departing for our destination.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 October 2013 by J Fahey    (Ireland)

My Husband and I are frequent flyers with Ryanair for many years to and from the UK, also to and from Carcassonne this year. I have to say we have never encountered any problems, flights were on time as much as possible, staff are courteous at all times and food is a good acceptable level. I do wish your Shannon - Bristol service would resume, we really miss that service, in the meantime we will continue to travel to Knock or Dublin or Cork to fly with Ryanair. Their seat reservation is also a good service.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Modage Levoux    (UK)

London Luton to Knock, Mayo, West of Ireland yesterday 16/10/13 on the 11.50am flight. I checked online before leaving, and no reported delays. I also checked on the screen upon entering the airport at approx. 10.15am and again no reported delays (only information was flight information, and check-in desk to go to). Then after going through quite a security queue, I'd been informed by another passenger that the flight had been delayed until 3pm, which was confirmed on the displays. The scheduled time then varied from approx. 2.45 to 4pm changing quite regularly. So after a considerable time spent waiting at the airport the flight finally took off well after 3.15pm (by this time, I was sitting on the plane and too tired to note the time of takeoff). I would recommend implementing a free beverage/drink for all customers in cases where any flight is more than 2 (or 2.5hrs) late. As this would show an acknowledgement the apology by the company, and would not cost the company very much in terms of stock. In fact, I'd say customers might then opt for seconds for which Ryanair could charge, resulting in profitable sales overall. In addition, no information was passed onto the customers as to the reason for this delay.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Bell    (UK)

Dublin to Ibiza, 8 Oct and return 15 Oct 13. First time using Ryanair booked via an online holiday site and wasn't aware on booking that it was Ryanair. We had printed off our boarding passes and booked in hold luggage with smaller bags for hand luggage which fitted under our seats as due to the ridiculous size of hand luggage now allowed by most airlines, have had problems in the past finding space above, so I don't think it is worth the hassle, this is by no means exclusive to Ryanair. Flight was good, on time, purchased only coffee at 3 euro, don't think that is extortionate to pay. My complaints would be: 1) never having flew Ryanair I wasn't aware that it was unallocated seating and this caused a stampede for the seats. 2) due to the quick turnaround the plane was not cleaned between flights and the floor at my seat was covered in used tissue. From Dublin priority boarding did get on first, but coming back in Ibiza everyone put onto a bus at the same time, priority boarding let off a few minutes earlier, but hadn't completed boarding when the next lot got off, so I don't think I would pay for PB if flying with them in the future. Yes would use again but not if on a longer flight as wouldn't want to be separated from my travelling companion on a longer journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Z Hazzard    (UK)

Although the vast majority of Ryanair staff we encountered on our flight from Bournemouth Airport were helpful and polite, the first woman we encountered on check-in was utterly obnoxious. We had arrived 11 minutes before check- in was to close, and no other passengers were queuing except ourselves, yet the woman did not meet us with a professional greeting of good morning, but barked at us 'You have one minute to process your baggage' and as my husband's suitcase was over the weight limit was unhelpful in resolving the situation and refused to allow us to pay a fine there but only when we had removed the offending items and struggled with them to the departure gate. My husband and I were stunned by this aggressive attitude and absolute lack of professionalism. The struggle to find available seats once we boarded was chaotic and with many crying children was a stressful experience. We returned via a Thomson flight, which was an absolute delight by comparison. Suffice to say we will never fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Chan Pui San    (Malaysia)

Rome to Paris. Disgusted at being charged £70 as I hadn't printed my ticket off. I know they have rules but what a ridiculous amount to charge for a piece of paper. There is no consistency, and am unlikely to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Taylor    (UK)

We used Ryanair flying from Manchester to Malaga 7th October returning on the 14th, we flew as a family of 3 adults and 3 children aged 11, 2 and 6 months. after hearing all the horror stories around Ryanair we were feeling quite sceptical however we were impressed with the service they provided they were friendly, helpful and informative and we had no problems at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Rosssello    (Spain)

Madrid-Paris (Beauvais) and return (26-30 September 2013). Perfect flight as always on time both ways. Beauvais is a nice small Provincial airport near Paris, no long runnings over the tracks as in Barajas Airport or Schipol, or Gatwick. Just 200 meters from the small airport terminal and the plane is taking-off. I fly Ryanair often, have flown more than 40 flights, and always on time. I recommend you pay for Priority boarding.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Weaver    (UK)

Having queued early to get seats together due to no seat allocation. We got two seats together towards the rear of the aircraft and stored our luggage (not the maximum size but to large to go under the seat) in the overhead lockers. Only to have it remover by the flight attendant, shoved in my face and when queried as to where I should put it as it didn't fit under the seat was told “That's your problem. I ended up with my luggage on my lap for the full 3 hour flight including take off and landing. I will never use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2013 by C Dobinson    (UK)

We have flown with Ryanair to Italy 2-3 times a year for the past 9 years. We have never experienced any major delays and flights have arrived early and on time. The cabin staff have been friendly and courteous. The only problem we have seen recently is the lack of space for hand luggage. Abide by the rules and you can't go wrong. By the way the cappuccinos are to be recommended!

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2013 by G Crook    (UK)

Stansted to Fuerteventura, cannot believe that unless you priority board they will separate you from your children. Surely this cannot be a suitable situation in the case of an emergency, how are under five's expected to understand the safety information.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Arthur Boyle    (Ireland)

My wife and I are frequent passenger on Ryanair flights, our most recent flight was from Shannon to Malaga, 20th Aug back on the 10th Sept 2013. I would like to say that if it was not for Ryanair and its cheap flights I would not be able to fly as much as I do, all flights with Ryanair have been a most pleasant experience and I have found the staff to be most courteous and helpful. When you book a flight you are told to read terms and conditions so why should Ryanair be to blame. I am looking forward to my next flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 October 2013 by D Harley    (UK)

East Midlands to Zadar. Have used Ryanair many times and consider them to be a good airline. Probably flown with them 40 + times and only experienced 1 major delay. This flight again excellent. Flights on time both ways, friendly staff, seat comfortable enough for a 2-3 hour flight. One big plus with Ryanair is seats do not recline. Nothing worse than restricted legroom being made worse when the passenger in front reclines. There are enough warnings on their website about potential extra charges, so if you get caught you only have yourself to blame.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 October 2013 by David Wallace    (UK)

Like many people on this site we have used Ryanair before, like many we abide by their rules, don't necessarily like them, but we abide by them. We have a young child so we booked priority boarding - the only airline I know that doesn't allow this as standard (but fair enough that's their policy, we know that in advance). So, hold luggage booked, priority boarding, additional infant equipment all paid for. Flying from Edinburgh to Faro was okay, long queues at check-in but okay. Trek at Faro, up and down stairs, 2 year old and 3 bags, not great but can't blame Ryanair (although can't help but think they are treated as 3rd class because of the deals they make with airports). Chaos on way back, one person at check-in, no priority queue at boarding pass check. Advised it would be at the gate, nope, people were allowed to stampede, if you were already at the back, tough! So, on return to UK I complained and requested that the priority boarding fee was refunded. Rather than customer service I received a curt "we do not make refunds". So despite not getting what we paid for they pocket the money anyway, Will we use them again, probably simply they put they get you there, but I will treat them with the same respect that they show their customers.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Suzanna Walker    (UK)

Never again! Our two year old was expected to sit over 7 aisles away from any of the adults in our party. Due to boarding staff the queue at the gate was disrupted, this resulted in our party being placed further along the queue to board (we had been near the front). When we finally got on board there were only odd seats dotted around the aircraft. None of the adults could be seated together which was not such a major issue but the Ryanair flight attendants (there for safety not service) thought it perfectly ok to seat a two year old 7 aisles from the nearest adult in our party. A two year old cannot understand or comprehend any safety procedure and Ryanair do not even accept unaccompanied minors.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Kevin Higgins    (Ireland)

Great flight from Knock to Luton on 27 Sept to 29 Sept. All for 32 euros. Easy online booking / boarding card / friendly staff.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by C Tubridy    (UK)

Leeds Bradford - Malaga. First time flying with Ryanair and had no problems whatsoever. Made sure boarding cards were printed for both directions before leaving home. Luggage weighed to make sure not over weight before leaving home. Purchased reserved seats with extra legroom and had a comfortable flight. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Lee Sarah    (Australia)

I flew from Stansted to Vasteras on 3rd October with a group (8 people, 4 underage/children). Initially our bags were too large to fit through the allowance restrictions they had set, so after shuffling the baggage a little, they fit perfectly. The staff, however, showed no respect and little empathy with the situation of a mother carrying baby essentials in her purse. Of course, we did not expect this to be the case, but some nice treatment would have been much preferred to the screaming we endured about how the airline punctuality would be abused if we did not pay a fine. Before reshuffling the items in our bags, the staff insisted that we pay the fine, and requested that some of us be through to the plane. The children passed through (passport checked) and waited for the others, only to have the staff lock the door on them, separating them from parents, simply to threaten our group that punctuality is crucial (even though we were boarding ahead of schedule). Unfortunately, a handbag was taken (not disposed of but taken), and we made it to our seats. It seems that the staff of the airline are also not fond of people placing baggage in overhead compartments while safety demonstration is on, as they requested to be seated and silent until takeoff. The irony in the situation! After that flight, it's safe to say that Ryanair has lost 8 potential customers, and maybe even more considering the other customers who had to endure the rude woman at the boarding gate.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by David Gench    (UK)

We had no problems flying with Ryanair. Professional about everything. Staff at airport and on the plane were very good. Helpful and so young. The flight was on time both outbound and return. The plane was clean and seats were comfy. Nothing but praise. Will be using Ryanair again. Fuerteventura-Stansted, flight FR8183 on 4th October.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by E Williams    (UK)

Flown numerous times with Ryanair. Liverpool to Reus. Always the cheapest. With Ryanair all you have to do is follow some very basic rules and you wont have any trouble at all. Make sure you have booked in any hold luggage on line its much cheaper but you can take 10kg each as hand luggage,6 of us so spreading it round saves you a lot of money. Also it amazes me when people cry when they have to pay the £60 if they haven't printed their boarding cards before hand. Why not? I do not have a printer so just pop down to a local library to print them out. Yes Ryanair is a bit like catching a bus and you just sit where there is space but so what, flight times are not long haul and I'm sure you can put up with it for a few hours. There is a lot of selling during the flight but again so what. Don't buy anything if you don't want to. Food is a rip off agreed, so I have never purchased anything. So let me give you an example of how much cheaper it is to fly with Ryanair. It cost us, a family of 6 just under £ £600 in Sept for return flights to Reus.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Alex McLay    (UK)

24/9 and 1/10, Manchester - Faro. Perhaps I am too fussy as I normally fly scheduled for business and this was the first time I used Ryanair. I weighed my case at 14kg but Ryanair insisted it was 17kg. I was told to take things out and put them in my golf bag. If you forget the boarding pass that is printed by yourself, there is a penalty of££70! The crew on both legs were surly. All they did on a 2.5 hour flight was to try and sell things. Boarding is a joke with everyone squeezing 10kg in lockers which do not have the capacity. As I said I normally fly schedule and they appear a similar price for far superior service. Although the flights were on time, passenger service and treatment with a constant aim of collecting more money is a dreadful experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Ann Hill    (UK)

Liverpool to Ibiza. Case weighed 15.3kg, sister's 14.4kg. Ibiza to Liverpool both cases were heavier. We did not put any extra weight in our cases. Believe scales inaccurate in Ibiza. Mine weighed 16kg and had to take items out of baggage at check-in. Took some items out and put in hand luggage, 're weighed at 13.8 noticed case was weighed on different part of weigh belt. What I took out was not 2kg in weight. Was disgusted to witness someone being charged 70.00 as he had lost his printed check-in. I know they have rules but what a ridiculous amount to charge someone. When queuing at gate, girl with small handbag across her body was asked to put inside her piece of hand luggage, yet people in front were allowed on carrying duty free bags as well as hand luggage. There is no consistency, am unlikely to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Peter Heathcote    (UK)

We flew this weekend for the first time with Ryanair from London Stansted to Kerry. We have avoided them in the past due to various negative reports in the media. I have to say they were on time in both directions (actually early) the crew were polite and helpful. The plane seemed fine, pilot information was good regarding weather etc. I have to say we did follow the rules, I purchased scales to weigh our bags, printed the boarding cards at the correct size and arrived in plenty of time to catch the plane. I was ready for a very unpleasant delay with grumpy staff in poor uniforms and dirty seats to sit on but what I got was actually a very good service from what appeared to be a reasonable airline operator. Would I have wanted to fly to St. Lucia on board, maybe not as the finer comforts are not there but for me I would definitely fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Roman Hans    (USA)

Rome (Ciampino) to London-Stansted, 4 October 2013. My 2 hr 20 minute flight was 1.5 hrs late. Though we sat at the gate for 90 minutes, the flight attendants charged £3 for water. Unbelievable and unforgiveable. Add in the fact they're so strict about carryon-bags and you'll never even consider flying them.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Ed Brooke    (UK)

Rome Ciampino to London Stansted, FR3005. Excellent service. For last 8 years I have taken over 60 flights with Ryanair without complaint. During this time, I have had the cost of two flights refunded without any quibble (family bereavement). Today, I was informed of a rescheduled flight. Ryanair re-booked the 3 members of our party on the alternative flight of our choice with no fuss, no extra cost and within a 5 minute phone call.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Eti Yaacobovich    (Israel)

02/10/2013. About a month ago I purchased flight tickets online, from London (Luton) to Dublin. I paid in advance for ordering extra seat and luggage up to 20 kg. We reached the airport at 12.30. Desk opens at 13:00. When I told the clerk that I had not had the option to print a ticket, she answered carelessly and rudely: "These are our procedures if you do not have 140 pounds to pay, do not fly"! Charged 140 pounds for printing two boarding cards! Then, during the flight they flooded us with nonsense and aggressively tried to get us to buy from them. I know that this is first and last time I fly with this company. Cheap flight does not mean poor service.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Julia Edmead    (UK)

23 September 2013 to Fuerteventura and back again with them on 27th September. After seeing all the bad reviews they get, I was very nervous. Its a low cost airline and to be honest it is no different than flying with Thomas Cook or anyone else for that matter. Ok so you don't get inflight movies, seats don't recline but I found the whole booking to boarding to flying all very comfortable and easy.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by B Younger    (UK)

Charged £50 for extra case which I booked 4 days before I flew out, and found out it was only for one way, to bring the case back it would cost another £50. Surely if you take a case on holiday you want to bring it back so this charge is a total rip off. It has nothing to do with security just pure greed from the airline. Found the staff on baggage handling to be unhelpful and miserable. On returning to UK, we went into the duty free and was told we could take one carrier bag with our goods on flight with our hand luggage, but this was not to be, we were told by boarding staff very rudely that are carrier bag had to be put in our hand luggage which didn't have any space. Luckily we found a space in someone else's bag otherwise we would have lost the goods we had bought. On getting on the plane there was nowhere to put our bags, other people were also having problems, we had to put baggage under the seat in front of us which left no leg room at all and had a very uncomfortable flight home.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Ian Johnson    (UK)

My wife and I flew from Bournemouth to Ibiza, 24th September returning to Bournemouth on the 1st October 2013. Clean aircraft on both occasions. Very good cabin crews happy and anxious to please. Both flights ahead of arrival times. On the inward flight the Captain saw the majority of passengers using the front steps off the aircraft with a happy word for all. Stop moaning about Ryanair. Stick to the rules and you will enjoy the experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Craig Bryant    (Australia)

Beauvais (Paris) to Bratislava 8 September: the absence of any seat booking as a standard service makes boarding Ryanair feel like a cattle yard experience, (we paid the extra for a seat reservation and that worked well). The total inflexibility on luggage weight is a sham and price gouge policy. We are both smallish people, our carry on luggage was well under weight, and one checked in bag (which of course we paid for) was 1 kg over, bang another 20E, ie it is per bag if hers was under and mine over you still pay on the one that is over. The flight crew were fine but the check in woman forgot to stamp my wife's boarding document so having gone through the queue we had to run back for that. The airport shuttle service from Porte Maillot to Beauvais was very good but it is 1.5 hrs. Ryanair is now my airline of last resort.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by G Mulford    (UK)

Seats uncomfortable, ridiculous rules, which although we adhered to them we could see that others did not. Hot food ran out and staff did not seem to have any comments other than what were likely to have been stock responses, it seems if your flight is later in the day it is 'pot luck' if the advertised food is available as it is not replenished between stops! Didn't want to travel with Ryanair but really had no alternative at the time with destination and dates but would avoid in the future.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by O Eagle    (Australia)

I was catching the morning flight from Barcelona to Rome with 3 other companions. We sat awaiting to board when the call came up. We watched the farce play out as passenger after passenger wrestled with their carry on to shove it into the small regulation box. If they couldn't get it in the little metal box they got fined. As the line finally whittled down we decided to board. They don't turn on the air-conditioning until the plane is in the air. It was then we realised that the seats were not allocated, first come, first serve. We had to hold our carry on on our laps. I looked above me wondering why we couldn't put our carry on in the overhead compartments. Finally the aircon came on - just about the same time the captain started advertising the sale of scratchcards.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by James Heneghan    (UK)

Luton (LTN) - Ireland West Knock (NOC) return from Friday to Monday, September. Great fares for the return flights. Excellent service as usual on this route. On-time departures and arrival. Attentive and friendly cabin crew. The Ryanair Station Staff at Knock were efficient and professional as well as helpful. My expectations are always met. Fully recommend Ryanair and always look forward to travelling with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Matthias Wagner    (Denmark)

Flew BLL-STN. Flight was almost on time, and the value for money was very good. Ryanair dropped the price of the tickets by 60% after I bought them. I am almost fluent in English, and have visited more than 10 countries, but I could only understand 20% of what was said in the cabin. I could feel my legs 50% of the time, and was constantly asked to buy, first hot food, cold food, Standsted express tickets, lottery tickets, Ryanair mobile and so on! It was really disturbing!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by J Alexander    (UK)

Stansted to Rhodes on 14th September 2013, returned on 28th September 2013. Very pleased with everything, flight on time, easy check in, friendly staff lots of leg room in economy would thoroughly recommend, no problems at all. First time travelling with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Silvia Oliveira    (Portugal)

Flown this week from Oporto to Barcelona and back. Being a first-time flyer I certainly don't have the experience to compare it with other airlines, but I must say, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Everyone seems to hate Ryanair and I had a very pleasant experience with them. No troubles with luggage, we weren't even asked to measure it or weight it at boarding, though I understand that was a stroke of luck. Staff were very polite and nice, the only rudeness I witnessed were from the passengers themselves, mainly some who had the luck of boarding with clearly oversized bags and then were surprised when they didn't fit in the compartments. Seats were comfortable, they are no tighter that the average bus/train seat, I was expecting much worse from all the reviews I read. Flights arrived earlier than the quoted time. They do play a lot of ads during the flight for their services, but you aren't forced to buy anything, and the staff doesn't get all in your face with it. All in all, a very pleasant flight. I could have never afforded the trip if it wasn't for Ryanair. Just don't go to one of their flights with your mind set on trying to beat their system. If you want it cheap, then you must abide by their rules. If you don't want to be bothered with that, just go with the pricier airlines.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Bertoni Matteo    (Italy)

BGY-DUB return. Reserved seat 1A with priority boarding included. They apply competitive fares. Everything worked properly, pleasant flights, young and professional crews both ways. Flights on time. Recommended.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 September 2013 by N Coleman    (UK)

Flew to Treviso with them from Stansted, hopefully will never have to fly with them again. Awful airline, most uncomfortable flight seats ever, anything over an hours flight on those seats, it makes the journey painful. The staff are awful, but then again they probably get treated awfully so don't expect them to really care.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Malcolm Rogers    (UK)

London Stansted to Seville and return, 18-26th Sep. It seems that to supplement the apparent cheap fares they look for any and every excuse under the sun to get money out of you. We did not have the ability during our trip to remote Spain to pre-print the boarding passes, thought this would not be a problem as we had flown with a world class budget airline Air Asia earlier in the year and they provide machines at the airports to check in or you could use you smart phone to display the barcode. Ryanair charged us 140 Euros for two boarding passes which took the girl at check-in 30 seconds to do. This was as much as the return fares from Stansted to Seville. Surely a charge must reflect the effort or cost associated with providing the service. They then bombard you before and during the flight trying to make you buy more rubbish from them.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Peter Boden-Ryan    (UK)

Having flown Ryanair before I thought I knew what sort of flight to expect, sadly this airline has gone from bad to awful. I boarded with my hand luggage having been meticulously measured and weighted by staff at the gate to find a free for all frenzy aboard. The over head luggage lockers were already full, with many people still clutching bags in the aisle. Eventually after finding a vacant seat I asked the attendant where I should place my bag. I was told to put it under the seat in front of me, I tried it didn't fit, the attendant tried it still didn't fit, so I was told to put it in the space between the seats. I questioned where I would then put my legs to be told that I would have to squeeze them in on top of my case. I said that this was unacceptable for a 2.5hr flight to be told that it was by own fault for not booking priority boarding and that my luggage would be off loaded if I did not comply! I refused pointing out my bag was within the correct size, only after some adjacent passengers chipped in did the steward seek to put my bag elsewhere. On the way back the flight was not fully booked so staff sectioned off a few rows of seats, just to make sure no one enjoyed any extra space they had not paid for - talk about no frills, this is a whole new level.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Delbary Arnaud    (UK)

Ryanair is cheap so you gt what you pay for, I use them many times a year, I can go home and get away for a cheaper price than a train ticket to London from Manchester. I really don't understand people who don t like it, each time I travel the planes are full, so they must be doing something right! Don't like the price of the food on board! Don't buy then! Bring your own! No much room for leg! Come on! The journeys are always short, how much room do you need for a 2 hr flight! Ryanair is convenient and cheap, I am just a bit upset by the fact that some routes are not used in the winter! I fly for business about twice a month and use various airlines from Manchester and to be honest the difference between KLM and Ryanair for example is a free juice a muffin and about 300 quid. The same people moaning on this page will fly Ryanair again, because they are the cheapest and people like cheap!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by George Twell    (UK)

Myself, wife, daughter and her boyfriend went to Paphos, Sep 8th. We had no trouble getting through baggage counter .Flight was on time, plane very clean and staff very courteous and helpful. As long as you follow Ryanairs rules you should have no problems. Coming back there was a 2hr delay owing to weather conditions over England and the continent, something Ryanair could do nothing about. I don't know what you people expect off a low budget airline. Only problems caused were by stupid people with overloaded cases. One especially who could hardly lift his case. I admit I had reservations about travelling with them but would certainly use again. So try it you might like it.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Colin Woolley    (UK)

We booked with Ryanair due to the reasonable flight take off times, printed off the boarding passes at the local library, I don't own a printer. The airline offered me the choice of pre-booking a seat, as there weren't many left to choose from, going by the list of available seat's. Once we got on board only 4 rows were reserved, and were told just find a seat after row 5 they are all free. As for coming back from Spain this week, all of the Spanish people were pulled out of the long queue, and moved to the front. Is it just English people who hate queuing. My girlfriend purchased a wooden gift which weighed no more than 2 pounds and 4 inches wide, but it was 5 inches taller than the allowed case height. She had no hand luggage, so thought it would be reasonable to take it on board. No, it was classed as oversized, and the woman in charge, having no common sense, wanted to charge us the sum of 60 Euro to stick a label on it. Once on board we found several seats still empty. Surely knowing this, a bit of lenience would have been used. Where once on board the seat next to us was empty anyway, so she had to leave it at the boarding gate. How about teaching common sense in your training.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J Devlin    (Ireland)

My flight from Dublin to Milan went well. It was the return flight from Rome to Dublin when the nightmare began. The flight was due at 9.00 pm, it did not arrive we given no explanation for this. At midnight we were bussed to another airport, escorted by Italian police. Then bussed back to the first airport. Finally we flew out at 6pm the next day. I will never fly Ryanair again, I will pay the extra money to another airline for a better service.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by S Marks    (UK)

Flight 20/9/13, Malaga - Bristol. Fined 70 euro per person (2 people) for not having printed boarding passes - had email/internet problems and unable to do so in Spain - the printing of passes and taking of fines at check-in took less than 5 minutes which seems excessive and very unfair profiteering. Boarding gate opened about 17.30 - queue enormous as first come first served seating (unless you want to pay an extra £20 to reserve seat). Started boarding just after 6 - still boarding until about 7 - nightmare experience like herding animals. Held up by Spanish boarding staff team as told not allowed duty free bag as only one bag per customer in cabin - option pay extra 60 euro or put in cabin holdall - which we did but very stressful and which then made cabin bag too big. In the meantime large numbers of passengers passed us making us some of the last to enter plane - chaos on board with luggage and seating. BTW - 3 girls passed in front whilst we had duty free bag issue - they were carrying large shoulder handbags and wheeled cabin suitcases but not challenged at all by boarding team staff. Flight left over half hour late which appeared to be related to boarding chaos. Never flying Ryanair again!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

MRS-LTN. The low-cost terminal Ryanair uses in Marseille is absolutely the most depressing building I've ever been in, it's reason enough not to fly. Flight was late arriving and departing, seat comfort and service obviously nil, and a 1 hour wait at the passport control desks at Stansted.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Valerie Sheffield    (France)

I am a woman aged 77 years and I use Ryanair approx 6 times a year to visit my family as I live in France and Ryanair fly to East Midlands. To me it is like using a bus. I follow the instructions on the emails sent to me by Ryanair before my flight and I have never had any problems. The staff have always been courteous and I have noticed helpful when needed. Re people having problems at the airport, these are caused by the staff employed by the airport, not Ryanair. My only beef is that on one of my flights we had two male flight attendants who were so helpful to an elderly lady who had had a fall in the airport. They could not have been kinder to her and her family.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J P Murphy    (UK)

The service is abrupt and very unfriendly. People are treated like second class citizens. Our trip to Treviso was appalling. At one point it was a free for all. No better than a cattle Market. The airline is a disgrace to travel.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2013 by E Davies    (UK)

Like a conveyor belt, there is no hospitality from staff. Herded on like cattle as plane was late getting in from previous flight. What really got me was the fact we had paid to have 2 (15kg) cases in the hold, but had to have our hand luggage (Sports bag type - a mere 5-6 kilos) crammed under our legs as there was quote 'no room' in the overhead lockers because it is crammed with 10kg luggage cases. So basically we pay and get our legs cramped for over 2 hours and those who don't have priority baggage space and leg space! Must remember that next time, if there is a next time. I don't think we got acknowledged from staff at all apart from if we wanted to purchase anything.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2013 by G Bakerly    (UK)

I have flown Ryanair many times but only when there is no other viable option. Other airlines go to my destination but not in the short time nor low 'fare' cost, this does not mean I dread each and every trip. Fingers crossed my next trip will just get there and that's all I want. Staff are rude and disinterested, I worry if they would cope in an urgent situation. I am not satisfied with Ryanair, it's just a matter of limited options. Overpriced cardboard sandwiches and so to the lukewarm drinks but again I know this and don't buy them.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 September 2013 by L Evans    (UK)

Flew Ryanair for the first time in July. Were not aware that reserving a seat gave you priority boarding! Had 3 seats in back row, had to board from the front! No room for hand luggage by the time we sat down, luckily staff helped out. Seats had little leg room, flight to Crete left an hour late! On return got seats with more leg room, bliss. Only real nightmare is reserving seats online outside UK. That said, fight was cheaper than other airlines, and was a new route to the west of the island, we were very pleased.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 September 2013 by H Goddard    (UK)

Travelled for the first time from Stansted to Kos return. Was dubious because of reading poor reviews but we booked extra legroom seats and measured and weighed luggage before we travelled and everything was very smooth. Plane was very clean, cabin crew very good and cheerful. Also Ryanair emailed us prior to flight to make sure we were aware of restrictions on baggage etc and also reminding us to print boarding pass. All in all a good experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 September 2013 by J Willis    (UK)

Having travelled very recently with Ryanair from Stansted to Dublin, I have to say I would avoid travelling with them again. We had checked in online and reserved seats but one of our party had a non-EU passport so, as directed on the boarding pass, he went to show his passport at the check in desk, only to be told that he couldn't fly to Ireland as he didn't have a visa. Would it not be sensible for a warning to come up to notify passengers of this requirement when booking the ticket, instead of someone arriving at the airport and being refused boarding! It was the attitude of the girl on the check in desk that was incredulous, she was unsympathetic and very rude. Customer care/service obviously not part of her training.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by L Speirs    (UK)

We went to Spain from 8th-16th, when we booked we had to fork out £50 for 1 suitcase so we had to share! This was the first time I have been with Ryanair and I wont be returning. We didn't have a clue that you had to rush to find a seat on the plane. Once on the flight we had to sit in seats that hadn't been cleaned. On the return, we arrived with 1 suitcase and me with 1 hand luggage, our suitcase had jumped up to 21kg so it was either pay or throw something out. In the end a towel and a pair of shoes got chucked and we ended up with only 19kg. We bought duty free, turns out it takes 1 hour to get through your gate due to the fact you have to fit all duty free in your hand luggage and your hand luggage has to be 10kg or under! I do not recommend at all!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Felicia McArthur    (USA)

My husband and I were on a 14 day holiday and selected Ryanair to fly from Edinburgh to Dublin on September 15. I purchased tickets on August 23. In the US it customary for passengers to print their airline tickets at kiosk by simply entering their confirmation number of their itinerary. When I attempted to do the same, the kiosk requested payment of 140 pounds. My husband and I were completely stunned as we had already made payment to Ryanair for the tickets which included priority boarding and baggage fees. When I questioned the employee I was informed that I would have to pay 140 pounds in order to board the flight! We felt completely extorted by Ryanair's unscrupulous fees. After paying this fee, we were then told that we could bring on 1 carry on bag-this would include a ladies handbag. We were instructed to place our carry on in this ridiculous contraption. If the bag exceeded this Ryanair informed us that we had to pay an additional 60 pounds. I seriously caution anyone to seek alternative air transportation when considering Ryanair as their mode of transportation as it will considerably be cheaper than using the so called "low fare" airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Elisabeth Villiger Toufexis    (Cyprus)

I cannot understand why Ryanair allows each passenger to take a carry on bag on board if there is only space for half of them in the overhead locker. The flight attendant stuffed my bag under the seat in front of me and I was very uncomfortable. I chose a nice looking brown bread sandwich from the booklet and of course it was not available. I have to say though that the flight attendants on this flight Paphos - Thessaloniki on 12 Sep 2013 were very friendly. On the way back on Sep 16, 2013 the flight was delayed and we finally boarded at 11.00 pm and of course by then I had learned my lesson and ran to the plane to get a space in the overhead locker. The female flight attendant was obviously very tired and huffed and puffed all the way to Paphos, If was very visible that she hated her job and all the pax on board. The male flight attendant drank from a water bottle, closed the toilet door with his foot and counted the money at the end of the service in the front where all passengers could see.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Steven Bouchere    (Jersey Channel Islands)

My new wife and I were on our Honeymoon in Kos Greece. We booked through Thomson who organised everything. Outbound we flew Easyjet and had no real issues, we had one small hold bag each and 1 small piece of hand luggage. We live in Jersey and do not have Ryanair there. Therefore we knew nothing about it. On the way home we were flying with Ryanair but had not heard of any of their "rules". At check we were asked for our boarding passes. As we did not have them, we got charged £70 for both. Essentially we paid £140 for two pieces of paper! Then they said we had not paid for the luggage online. We paid a further £160 to get one bag on. Then we found out that there are no allocated seats, unless you pay more money to become priority passengers. Paid a further £20 each to guarantee we sat together. We could have bought a whole new flight with a non low cost airline for that much! It was the worst travelling experience with have both had.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Noel Fay    (UK)

On the way back from Portugal at the airport realised I had no boarding passes and was told the choice was the only way to get back to London was to pay 70 euros each - 2 adults, one child, it took the seconds to print our tickets. Once we paid up I think was very bad service.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Chris Hughes    (Australia)

Flew Stansted-Rome for a short stay with friends, almost got bowled over by the rush to get off the bus and onto the plane to get seats. Then on the way back, at the Rome check-in our checked bag was determined to be too heavy even though it was exactly the same weight it had been on the way out, so we had to take items out and add them to the carry-on bag before we could check the bag in. I would only recommend Ryanair to someone who had absolutely no other way of getting to his destination.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Peter White    (Germany)

I travel with them several times a year. I fly between England and Germany. This year I have travelled with them 4 times. After arriving at Bremen airport today, my partner and I entered the queue to hand over her luggage. We had paid an additional 30 EUR the night before in order for her to take one piece of 15kg luggage, as it is not included in the Ryanair booking price. My partner was flying to Stansted which is about 40 Miles north of London. After 5 minutes of standing in the queue, the Ryanair person working at the desk disappeared and was talking to her friend at the hand luggage and boarding card control desk. I went over and asked her why she was not manning the desk any more and she said "because I only take luggage 40 minutes before take-off". When I said "but we were waiting there and you closed the desk without even telling us", she then lost her patience and got really rude. Subsequently we paid the 60 euros. They call themselves a "no-frills airline" but in effect, they are indeed an uncaring "no-service airline". I would give them one star out of 10 for their airport staff. I will not be flying with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by J Haldenby    (UK)

First time user of Ryanair so to be on the safe side booked seats and got priority boarding. We were very surprised at how smoothly everything went. Coming back from Palma it was obvious the people in front of us had used Ryanair before. They were a couple with two children and had put a large bag on the floor with coats on top and got the youngest child to lay on it. The father had another large bag over his shoulder. The Ryanair staff were walking down the line as we were waiting to board with a box the size of what suitcases were allowed a shand luggage but I never saw them check against anybody's luggage. Some of the so called hand luggage was almost as big as my hold suitcase. After we all boarded a young couple squashed into the extra legroom pretending to let people pass by then were amazed that there was no seats left together so they ended up sitting there. We the ignorant passengers had to pay for our extra leg room.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 September 2013 by F Radman    (Australia)

Nothing cheap about Ryanair, make a mistake and they make you pay dearly. My family of four missed the flight Stansted to Trieste by being held up by immigration and security, rebook flight next day £440 penalty, original cost was £220 return flight so do the maths. Being a first time traveller with Ryanair we are from Australia. Ryanair is an experience you don't want to do to often.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 September 2013 by J Riley    (UK)

Just got back with Ryanair from Spain and not had this problem before but thought I will share what mistake I made. I got a££100 charge for baggage on return as I did not pay for both ways, new one for me as I have always used the same way to book my Ryanair flights and never had this before? I suggest you all look at an alternative flight company, as Ryanair yet again stoop lower than a snakes belly to catch even the most loyal of their customers out. I will most definitely not use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 September 2013 by J Bel    (UK)

Manchester - Palma. Paid for extra leg room which came with priority boarding. Well worth the £15 each way to not stand in the queue to board or worry about not being sat together. The seats are very narrow and each seat is separated by an immovable board so you can not straddle empty seats. Can not understand the reviews of people complaining about getting charged for not having their boarding pass. Ryanair email a week before to tell you that you must check in online. No excuse in the world will get you out of this but you are told by email. They also email you the day before the flight with the hand baggage measurements so no excuses there either. Where they do let themselves down is when the flights are delayed, they offered no information whatsoever and there was a four hour wait of everyone staring at the screens. Planes are also often dirty due to them not being cleaned in the short turn around time. As long as you're flying to a proper airport and not a satellite (and end up paying for train/taxi/bus to get 60 miles+ to where you wanted to go!) one then they tend to be the cheapest by a long way as long as you play by the rules. For a 2 hour flight I can get over the lack of service and the slightly uncomfortable seating. Even booking extra leg room they were still 150 quid cheaper than anybody else for return flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 September 2013 by H Bowen    (UK)

Ryanair use very small airports Dusseldorf Weez is not anywhere near Dusseldorf (90 km) and public transport is not easily available - very easy to be stranded. Outgoing flight OK, return flight airport staff very poor and continuously checking hand luggage for size and weight obviously trying to increase revenue. Flight staff unhelpful and only interested in additional sales booking in very difficult to get right and easy to fall into Ryanair penalties. Consider other airlines before you use this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 September 2013 by J Pays    (UK)

I am new to Ryanair and booked a return flights for a 17 day holiday in Spain. When printing out the boarding pass (which is compulsory) I find that I can only print out the outbound boarding pass and not the return because of the 15 day advance booking in rule (not an Issue with Easyjet). When I asked the Customer services if Ryanair can print the boarding pass for me at Alicante Airport I was told this would cost £70 which is more than the flight cost. I have no access to a PC and printer at my destination so not sure how I will get back. This is the last time I fly with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Bezuidenhout Coenraad    (South Africa)

28 August I flew FR611 from London to Derry. Ryanair is the only airline flying this route. I therefore had no other option. Not travelling with a printer, I needed to obtain a boarding pass at the auto check-in point at the airport. Ryanair refused to issue a boarding pass before I paid an additional 70 pounds, almost the same price I paid for the ticket. I could have flown to Belfast and taken a 65 pounds taxi to Derry and still be better off. Attendants refusing to make eye contact said it was Ryanair policy and failure to pay would mean refusal to board, yet I am still unsure how I was supposed to know this. It therefore came across as an express strategy to extort funds from passengers. Ryan Air's majority passengers being budget travellers makes this particularly mean- spirited. In all my travels, I have never encountered any airline penalising customers for having to issue a boarding pass. I count myself lucky I never have to make use of Ryanair's services again, and will actively dissuade anybody at risk of having to do so. The only unpleasant experience during a two week UK holiday and therefore one I recount often. I tried submitting a complaint to the airline directly, but the only way of doing so is via snail mail.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by S Shaw    (UK)

Stansted to Dublin, 20th Aug 2013, returning Dublin to Stansted, 24th Aug. Stress free flight, only a small delay on the return flight. Book reserved seating makes it less of a scramble well worth the £10 per seat.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by C Horrox    (UK)

Just been on holiday to Mallorca, flew there with jet2 they were hassle free, no problems, and back with Ryanair. The aircraft Ryanair had us in felt old, it looked like an old military transport inside. Staff were miserable, especially at boarding, when I tried helping my grandma put her hand luggage in the metal box sizer, she got all uppity because I was blocking other passengers! I am never flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by W Sargent    (UK)

Travelled to Rhodes from Stansted. Coming back was like a cattle market! All crammed into a waiting area, so hot, people pushing and queue jumping, priority went through and some passengers that were not priority pushed their way in and were not stopped, what is the point of paying when you can just push in? The aircraft was filthy and I had to sit with my feet in biscuit crumbs, crisps, bread crusts, empty drink bottles - it was disgusting. Even when the seatbelt light was on people kept getting up and fiddling with their luggage. Also when the cabin bags were checked, many of them pushed and shoved their bags in the testing rack - so much so that one man pulled his handle off and threw it across the airport floor! This testing of cabin bags does not work as several should have been in the hold but these people wanted to get away with paying and were arguing with the airport staff who jut let them through, therefore Ryanair is losing out on payments for luggage and honest passengers are paying the price, it needs to be sorted!

Ryanair Customer review :  10 September 2013 by T O'Connor    (France)

Took late flight Marseille - Palma on 737 800 with hand luggage only. There were no checks on size or weight. This was the same with a later Vueling flight I took except some of the passengers on that flight had more than one bag and others were plainly oversize! Departure and arrival were both a little late, it had plainly been a long day. That said I have no complaints, the fare was excellent value, the red wine I purchased was not expensive and was good quality. This was my first experience with Ryanair and I am amazed that the fare was only a little more than the taxi fare from the airport into town.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by D Harrison    (UK)

Lanzarote to Manchester, 6/9/13. When we arrived at Lanzarote airport, informed of a delay. Baggage check in was an abomination with people having to open their luggage in the queues to take out items. When we eventually managed to get through the farce of baggage check in, we had to open our hand luggage and remove laptops etc, but at the same time had to take our child out of his buggy, fold that up and put it on the belt then pass ourselves through security scanners whilst our 2 year old son was left to his own devices. Was waiting over half an our in a queue to actually get on the plane at the gate! On the flight only 1 end of toilets was available and people were having to queue behind the stewardesses selling and blocking the aisles! I would never recommend this airline! Don't pay to pre book seats as there was only 50 people on our flight going out so you could sit where you wanted. I'd rather pay more to go with a 'reputable' company.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by J Talbot    (UK)

Flight Birmingham - Montpellier - Birmingham. People need to remember they get what they pay for - you pay cheap you get cheap and that includes staff, crew, seats, food etc. Do not moan, just follow the rules.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Angela Swanwick    (UK)

I flew back from Malaga with Ryanair on 30th August and had no problem whatsoever, printed my boarding card as instructed, right amount of hand luggage etc. The cabin crew were polite and did their job efficiently. I would not hesitate to book with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by E Brownlee    (UK)

Edinburgh - Bordeaux, for a week's holiday returning on Saturday 6 September 2013. Ryanair does not, when you add it all up, save money at all. All the extra charges add up to the point where any saving is completely cancelled out. The staff couldn't care less about customers, except as in flight cash cows, and clearly the airline is not keen on attracting repeat business!! On both legs we were herded like cattle. Bordeaux luggage collection was unbearably slow and there is no access to toilet facilities in the big shed that passes for a terminal - Ryanair don't have access to the main airport terminal. On the return leg, we were kept waiting for 40 minutes, standing, in a queue to board, once again in the big shed, with no apology for the delay, no air conditioning or fresh air - gruesome!! I cannot see us travelling in this way ever again, as it is just too unpleasant for words.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by N Hobbs    (UK)

Having used Ryanar for the past 3 yrs travelling to Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Reus I we can only fully recommend and thank them for their fast efficient service. This is a budget airline and all extras are stated on booking on their website. For all those who wish to pay over the odds eg. extra £700 per family to fly to a destination then book Thomson or Thomas Cook however we used these one way to Reus and had an hour and half delay compared to every flight with Ryanair on time or usually 10 mins early. Some people just like to complain if you have a young family and want to sit together pre book seats or alternatively use Priority Boarding. I only wish Ryanair flew from Cardiff airport as we would save even more travel costs however it is worth the trip to Bristol as you could never fly a family of 4 from Cardiff for £700 to Canaries. Look forward to booking our next trip!

Ryanair Customer review :  6 September 2013 by W De Mattia    (Italy)

There and back from Treviso TSF to Malta MLA last March. Both legs the plane took off late but landed on schedule (with the trumpet-announcement). FAs rude and impolite. No IFE. Flight pleasant thanks to skilled pilots. You're going to pay almost for the air you breathe on board! Anyway, acceptable discomforts for such low ticket fare. No doubt, whatever its limits are, Ryanair helps to move across Europe very cheaply.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 September 2013 by C Lo-giudice    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Sicily, we are a family of 8 with 6 children under the age of 12. The flight was fully booked and all 8 of us were located all over the plane, even the 2 year old was sat with strangers. Staff were unhelpful and rude, there was not enough room for the hand luggage on the plane so all 7 of our cases were put in the hold so we had no food or nappies. Staff were trying to sell things the whole flight, we would probably have been better to reserve seats but for 8 people would not have then been a cost effective flight, would not go with them again, not one case for anyone was checked for either size or weight going to coming back, maybe that's why they couldn't fit all the luggage in the cabin!

Ryanair Customer review :  5 September 2013 by A Howarth    (UK)

Manchester to Murcia return, 15th - 22nd July 2013. I travel very regularly to Spain and I am always very happy with my Ryanair flights. People who moan about such things as size of bags etc annoy me - all the requirements are made very clear at booking. If you don't like it, don't book - and probably pay a lot more!

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by G Davis    (UK)

Luton airport to Trapani. Flight was on time. Not that cheap after all extras added. Very poor seat comfort. Cabin size bag (used GATE8 Luggage), therefore avoided fees associated with baggage check-in. Staff were at best indifferent.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by B Mistry    (UK)

My family flew out with Ryanair to Fuerteventura. From my experience the flight, cabin crew and departure and landing was just as good as any other airline we've used. We printed out our boarding passes and check all our luggage was correctly weighted. Had no problems or issues. I would not hesitate to book a flight with Ryanair again. The only complain I had was that the food prices on flight were expensive.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by M Stokes    (UK)

Kos-Stansted. Our first time on Ryanair, and I have to say, never again. Stress re-packing our 52kg luggage into the correct number of bags after a day on the beach. Stress getting the hand luggage re-weighed. Stress standing crammed into a much too small area with all the other cattle. No facilities (refreshments or toilets) in 35 degree heat for 45 minutes. Stress barging through to the plane. Stress with the bright lights, and constant announcements. No quick hostess service followed by a dimming of the lights so you can sleep. Awoken every 20 minutes to an automated scratchcard announcement. Uncomfortable seats which seem to have less padding than others. I landed with a headache, which wrote off the following day. Quite frankly it's not worth the saving to put up with the constant barrage of sales attempts.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by S Fowler    (UK)

Travelled from Palma to Bristol yesterday. Got on the plane after being pushed out of the way by hoards of mad passengers rushing for a seat, only to find no seats available. Not a problem generally, but when you have a six year old and only single seats available, it was a bit tricky. The crew were useless and only seemed interested in pre-booked customers! Got a seat after walking up and down looking lost and no thanks to the crew! No issues going over, but not good coming back. Why can't they let the kids on first. All they care about is money. Last time with Ryanair (after using them for years).

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Marie McCarthy    (UK)

Bristol to Palma on 22/08/13. Followed all of the baggage restrictions even paying the extra £60 to book my sons small bag into the hold and booked our seats. Flight staff on the way over were very difficult to understand. When we arrived in Palma on the return, told we had to pay 60 euros each as we didn't have boarding passes. I had tried to check in online the day we flew and still there was no option to print any further boarding passes. She could see on her system that I had booked 7 seats and accessed the system but said at it was my fault and that it was an easy system. To add insult to injury I had a message on my home answer phone advising me I hadn't checked in, this was left whilst I was still on holiday!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2013 by K Sayers    (UK)

Prestwick-Wroclaw, perfect both ways. Staff spot on, landed early. I always arrive early at airport with a cabin bag. Toilet before t/o. No at or drink on flight. Boarding pass always torn half way. good aircraft, good crew.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 August 2013 by L Whyatt    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Tenerife and back. We read all the instructions, stayed within the weight limits and measurements and arrived with the correct number of items of luggage and had no problems at all. Aircraft was clean and tidy, staff were efficient and polite. The food and beverages seemed adequate although we did not purchase any. We did not have reserved seats but we sat together on both journeys. My advice, just use your common sense and you will find Ryanair as good if not better as any other airline, they are efficient and cheap.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2013 by J Porterfield    (UK)

Flew recently Edinburgh to Bordeaux. Outward was good, although had to wait very long one for luggage. Return trip was awful. The new Billi section where the cheap airlines operate is, once through security, tiny, poor toilet facilities and passengers crammed in like sardines. Announcements impossible to hear, queues for the gates mingling with people in the shopping areas and once at the gates, even tighter than sardines. I understand you have to know what you are doing and what to expect with cheap airlines but I will avoid them if I can in future. This experience was stressful and very uncomfortable. To make things worse the staff on return flight were unfriendly and the food was disgusting!

Earlier comments for RYANAIR have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).