Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Lu yi Han    (Hong Kong)

9-22 August, my husband and I had 3 flights with Ryanair. First trip was from Trapani Sicily to Malta. We didn't know that booking/paying online for luggage is the only way of handling light travel bags. We got fined 160 Euros, for 2 pieces of luggage, 1 at the check-in counter, the other at the boarding gate. I have never seen weighing of the luggage twice, why don't they just weigh them all at the same time. A huge line for checking-in, the staff spoke almost no English, and it took us more than 1 hour to check in. Such an inefficient airline! The 2nd and 3rd time, flying back from Malta to Trapani and extremely early flight back to Rome, they didn't have anyone weighing the luggage at the boarding gate. I will never fly this flight again since it's not cheap with their exploitative strategy and bad service.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 August 2013 by H Barney    (UK)

Flew from Bournemouth to Palma with no problems. Flew back Palma to Bournemouth a week later and it was a nightmare. We arrived 2 hours before the flight and it took 2 hours to check our bags in. Ryanair had one lady checking the flight in. People were being sent from queue to queue, people were pushing. We have a diabetic son who needed to eat and inject before the flight but as it took 2 hours to check in all we had time to do was to run through security and onto the plane. All very stressful and caused huge anxiety for our young son. He ended up paying a ridiculous price for dried up chicken nuggets on the plane just so he could have some insulin. We will never fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 August 2013 by G Hewer    (UK)

By far and away the worst airline I have ever flown with. Apart from the extra surcharge for exceeding the baggage allowance (the scales at the hotel said that we were within our limit however upon arrival at the airport we had somehow exceeded the limit), the flights are no cheaper than "proper" airlines once they add on all of their "hidden charges". The seats don't recline so for lengthy journeys this can prove uncomfortable and almost the whole flight is spent with trolleys going up and down the aisle trying to sell you overpriced food (5 for a cup of tea and one mini can of Britvic Orange), duty free etc. As a result they don't turn the cabin lights off so you are flooded with light for the whole flight which make sleep impossible. Will never fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Kees Jansen    (Netherlands)

From Eindhoven to London Stansted, the plane was late arriving so late departure. The cabin crew weren't nice as they didn't even welcome us on board, they all looked like they were tired and hated their job. Inflight the food price is so high but I was hungry so I bought a little can of pringles for 2.40! The worst part came on the return trip: Due to rain in Eindhoven, Ryanair didn't want to fly! We went to a ticket counter but she said to book another flight, that would be the next day for 500 pounds per person! Luckily we could travel with easyjet that same day for only 150 pp to Amsterdam!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Dave Scuttle    (UK)

My wife and I flew from East Midlands to Berlin and return 19-23rd August. Everything was excellent. The flights were on time, the staff were pleasant and attentive, cabin bright and seats comfortable. It is worth paying a little bit extra for a reserved seat but even so there was no issue with people finding seats. I heard no moans. We are seasoned travellers with BA and we are impressed with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Ann Waine    (UK)

Flew last week: Gatwick to Kaunas. We checked in really early, which only took about a minute. Got on the plane in an orderly fashion although we had to manoeuvre the queue a bit to help our friends, a couple with 3 young children, to sit together. Flight left on time, cost of refreshments on board was exorbitant (although the tea was good) and the endless 'commercials' got on my nerves. Whoever heard of staff selling scratch cards on board a plane? Would I fly Ryanair again? Only if I had to (which was the case this time).

Ryanair Customer review :  23 August 2013 by L Richards    (UK)

Travelled with my husband and 2 sons from Lanzarote to Stansted. Weighed our baggage at the hotel, all within the 15 kilo allowance, get to the airport and they weighed two bags 2 kilos over each which the charged us 80 euros! We reluctantly paid. We get to the huge queue at the gate where there was no call for families to come forward like with any other airline. We board to be told that my 5 year old son would have to sit one end of the plane on his own, my 11 year old elsewhere and the same for my husband and I. This was the same to other families who were not happy and very upset! I said this was not acceptable and the air hostess was less than helpful. After lots of arguing eventually some nice passengers moved so we could sit with our children. I can safely say it ruined the end of my holiday, dented my purse and I will never fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Sylvie Burns    (USA)

My daughter and I were booked on a 9.30 am flight from Paris-Beauvais to Dublin. While the low fare was attractive, I actually booked it because the time suited our needs. The fare ends up being not so low, when you consider that they charge you exorbitant fees for luggage, charge you to pay with a credit card, charge you to get an email confirmation, charge you if you can't get to a printer for your boarding passes in advance, on and on and on. Our early morning train from Rouen to Beauvais canceled ten minutes before it's departure time. Frantic to get to Beauvais in time for this flight, we took a taxi. 120 Euros later, we arrived at Beauvais and ran up to the ticket counter at barely 9.05. They wouldn't even talk to us. They were checking in another flight and just told us to go away. They just kept repeating "too late." They would not look up the next flights or answer any questions. (I speak fluent French as well as English, so it wasn't a language barrier.) Will never consider Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Kotsifis Evangelos    (Greece)

I am writing this in the bus taking me from Rome airport to city center. We flew from Corfu where we didn't have the time to print our boarding passes. That resulted in paying a fine for having them printed for us. I know it is our fault but you would expect that the process of printing two tickets shouldn't cost 140 euros (half the price of our two tickets). After arriving at the airport we tried to take the Ryanair bus to transport us to the center. We waited 20 minutes and when it was finally our turn to get on, the steward said that the bus could not take any more big luggage and we should wait for the next bus coming in an hour. So, even though we were considerate enough to prepay a ride through the Ryanair website, we never got to use it since the company didn't care to have as many buses as the tickets sold.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2013 by N Lu    (Germany)

We were met by extremely rude and unhelpful staff at Edinburgh airport, extremely poor service. Although it is a cheap flight, we were charged extra payments for many things: 60 GBP for luggage, even a small shopping bag. Money is very important for Ryanair, but not service. Every minute of the flight they were selling things. Our worst airline experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Mike Richardson    (USA)

I work in Europe on a regular basis and have flown Ryanair many times because of the price. While the plane is not comfortable and you get nothing except the seat with your ticket price, it is a cheap travel option. However, my last trip will be my last. I tried repeatedly to check in the day before my flight and their website would not allow me to complete check-in. The next morning when I arrived at the airport I was charged 70 Euros to check-in. When I appealed this, I was told that I had from 15 days up to 4 hours beforehand to check in the flight and it was somehow my fault that I waited until 24 hours before my flight to check in! They have lost a customer forever over 70 Euros - this should tell you a little about the sheer stupidity of this airline and their management.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 August 2013 by T Knight    (UK)

Travelled with Ryanair for the first time from Bristol to Reus and had no problems, flights on time and staff were friendly and helpful. If you follow the guidelines what could go wrong? I think some people try to break the guidelines then moan when they can't get away with it. Would use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Julie Pattinson    (UK)

we have just returned to the uk after our flight to Barcelona, we travelled from Prestwick. In the past we have travelled with Ryanair to Malta and have always had perfect trips.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 August 2013 by N Bell    (UK)

RIX-RYG and RYG-STN. All flights on time, were the cheapest by a considerable margin, and as someone who is 6ft3" never really had an issue with the leg room either. They did what they claim to, A-B as cheaply as possible, not making me pay for things i had no requirement for such as baggage or meals. Ryanair have made it possible for me to travel on a very frequent basis to RIX cheaply and effectively. I've flown with them many times and every trip as been the same excellent value for money, those who complain about the charges, seats etc only have themselves to blame if they are unable to read about the airline and its policies before booking.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Sean Mac Mahon    (Ireland)

I flew from Girona to Dublin today. The flight and staff was very nice. Flight was cheap and on time. I would definitely give Ryanair a 10/10.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 August 2013 by Denis Collins    (UK)

Travelled from Stansted to Pisa on 1st August. Call to board was made at 5.45 gate closed at 6.00. Mad stampede followed as passengers ran to gate 59, furthest from waiting area. Return flight was in hellishly packed area of Pisa airport. Flight was late leaving, but this was blamed on passengers. Repeatedly told flight was fully booked, which it wasn't and hard to see this as relevant. Staff at Stansted are dishonest and unhelpful, though at Pisa they were at least pleasant, doing all they could to extort money from passengers. Nonsense to say adhere to their rules as they don't adhere to, or understand them themselves. I saved virtually nothing travelling with Ryanair. I will take advice of others and pay a small amount more to travel with an airline who have some regard for their passengers.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2013 by N Webb    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Dublin last week and would never fly Ryanair again. I flew with my wife and children and my carry on bag was too over packed to fit in the cage which I admit is my fault but it is the attitude of the staff that made me so mad. The staff at the gate are just extremely rude and unhelpful and would appear to be targeted on getting as many hand luggage bags checked into the hold as possible at 60 a go. After re-arranging my bag it fitted in the cage but a smile from the staff and little courtesy wouldn't go amiss. Wouldn't fly with them even if it was free.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 August 2013 by K Marsh    (UK)

Flew home last night 12th August from Treviso to Stansted on FR799 22.25 local time. We were about 7 minutes late boarding due to a late arrival, I booked in advance a front row seat to save any hassle which I always do. This is the first time this has happened on my many flights, but very soon after the cabin staff closed the front door the plane was pushed backwards. There were still at least 20 people that I counted walking down the aisle trying to finds seats together, and also luggage space for their bags. Some of these were children, surely this is dangerous for those involved and also the people already seated? I know I like to arrive on time, in fact earlier too if possible, but sometimes there must be a limit. I play by all the rules with my luggage weight, single bag and actually used the self service luggage drop off at Treviso which worked fine. Will fly back next week and see if its the same action.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 August 2013 by P Saarremaa    (Finland)

27th of April 2013 (FR6157, TMP-GRO) from Tampere to Gerona. I bought a bottle of water that cost 3 euros, paid for it with a 5 euro note. The member of staff told me she didn't have any change and walked away. Half an hour later I asked her about my change. She said sorry I can't give you back as I don't have any change. I said you can't just take a passenger's money and then ignore him. She asked what my problem was and I explained once again. So, first she took my change because she didn't have any change and then she admitted to having made a mistake. A colleague told her to give me the missing 2 euros. She threw the money at me and said you happy now? It was not the first time and I wasn't the only passenger they did this to on that flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 August 2013 by S van Oijen    (Netherlands)

Frankfurt Hahn to London Stansted. First trip was quite easy, but policies are unclear and overall service is bad. Return trip however was unbelievable. The plane had a 5 hour delay. I had to wait at the London Stansted without any flight information during these 5 hours. Because of the delays they did not bring food nor drinks making it the most unpleasant flight in my entire life. Ironically the price of getting to the airport by train and the money I saved choosing for Ryanair was 0. Next time I will fly with British Airways or Lufthansa.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Dan Ross    (UK)

Kefalonia - Stansted (EFL-STN). The luggage charges are getting punitive now, particularly to/from UK/Greece. If you are travelling as a group you can cut down on bags, but as a solo traveler you don't get much choice. Surprised that there wasn't much of a queue at check in. At the gate they were doing the usual of checking peoples carry on to see if it fitted in the frame. They didn't with mine. The gate area was rammed and I was in an overspill area. As they opened the gates the crowd surged forward. They called all those with priority boarding to come forward. I had to push my way through the crowd to get through. I physically had to push adults and children out of the way! After priority boarding they put a chain up for the rest. We were marched to the plane, they were still taking the rubbish off the flight as we started to board. Showed my reserved boarding card and allowed to sit in the seat one of the FA's was guarding. The seats are hard and don't recline. For a 3hr+ flight this made it uncomfortable. Buy your food from the little snack bar in the airport. Bring good headphones to block out the drone! Landed "on time" but when they pad out the schedule by 40 minutes, that's no surprise. There are no legacy carriers that fly this route, so its either no frills airlines or charter - much of a muchness really, so no choice! Thankfully easyJet fly this route and I took them for the outbound, so I'd make them my first choice in future.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Michael McMullen    (Spain)

10 August, Malaga - Leeds. Flew with the same carry on bag I have used for 5 years, 4 times a year with mainly Ryanair. My bag is exactly the correct dimensions, and yes sometimes it needs a gentle push to get it in but nothing extreme. So as usual I am asked to put bag in cage. As I start to put it in the attendant screams "no pushing!" I give it a gentle push and it pops in. "No no no, not allowed you have to check it in". So my bag is in the cage and he is telling me its too big! He gets a tap measure and measures it while it is still in the cage and tells me its half a centimetre too big! How can it be too big if its in the cage? As the gate is about to close I am told pay 60 euros or not fly! At this point I have no option but to pay 60 euros. Ryanair have a monopoly on cheap flights and sometimes its impossible not to fly with them due to dates and flight times.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Murdo Macleod    (UK)

Traveled with Ryanair from Faro to Prestwick recently. It would be worthwhile reviewing their boarding practice, we were directed towards a tented area on the runway and directed into a tented area which had no seats whilst we stood for 30 mins in 50 degree heat, this was extremely warm, and I felt for some of the OAP's travelling with nowhere to sit! Was inconsiderate to customers needs, even a few chairs for people with disability would have been welcomed!

Ryanair Customer review :  12 August 2013 by H Lambert    (UK)

Flight today was fine but the fare was not that cheap, I paid just under 500 for 2 return flights from Stansted to Rome (in August which I suppose accounts for the fare). I adhered strictly to the one piece of hand baggage per passenger policy (refusing to add another 52 for a checked in bag) but annoyingly saw other passengers boarding with 2 pieces of hand luggage. I have heard that the owner of Ryanair wants to charge passengers for using the toilet! I won't fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 August 2013 by L Franz    (Belgium)

Flight from Charleroi to Dublin. Booking the ticked online they try to sell you things you don't need, and if you don't click on no, too late, you have it. Same happens again when you do online check in. You would be paying again for extra luggage you don't need and they try to sell you again all stuff you don't need. Crew not friendly at all, not helpful and they will never listen to anything you will ask. If you wrongly paid for too much luggage, it's your problem. They are cheap, but any extra you will ask or need at the check in at the airport will cost you a lot of money. Take care when you book and do online check in. Ryanair only in very last case for me.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 August 2013 by R Vaca    (USA)

Rome Ciampino (CIA) to Madrid (MAD), 31/07/2013, Flight 9685. Worst airline experience ever. Although the flight fare is low priced as advertised, they take advantage of customers by charging outrageous unexpected fees, such as €100 if one does not print one's boarding pass ahead of time, €20/kilo for excess baggage weight (note: 15 kilos is the normal baggage limit, not the usual 23 kilos on other airlines), €45 to choose one's seat on the plane. Boarding is chaotic due to lack of assigned seats. Carry-on policy allows only one bag per person (including purse or laptop case) of less 10 kilos. If one's "carry-on" is too large or heavy you are charged an additional fee; one is also not allowed an additional purse, like on other airlines. If you survive boarding chaos with all your belongings, you will find that none of the seats recline and over head compartments and the seat in front of you are plastered with advertisements. The food is expensive as usual, and they even try to sell you scratch tickets on board.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Neil Nortcliffe    (UK)

I'm a frequent Ryanair traveller between Liverpool/Manchester and Faro - usually make the flight between 6-8 times a year and have done so for the past five years. I've never experienced anything other than courtesy from the cabin crew - especially when I've travelled with my disabled parents. Flights have been on time or earlier (although that's a bit of a con by Ryanair as the actual flying tome to Faro is about 2hrs 30min and not the 3 hrs they have on their schedule) more than 98% of the time. The biggest problem with flying on this route with Ryanair is the significant number of fellow passengers who seem to leave their brains at home and expect somebody else to do the thinking for them and be responsible for their behaviour. It's a budget airline with stringent terms and conditions. Admittedly the website is a bit of a minefield and you can end up paying for extras you don't need if you're not careful and don't bother to read the webpages as you make your booking. Families shouldn't expect to be seated together unless they've paid the extra and reserved the seats. You pay for what you get and if you don't check the weight and size of luggage before you set off then it's nobody's fault but your own.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Colin Evans    (UK)

Birmingham to Malta, the flight was horrendous. Getting on a plane with no seat allocation was not for me and my wife. On the return flight they said they had not time to load the in flight magazine which had all the prices in it for on board items. We had to stand for an hour to then be herded on and a free for all then took place to find a seat and try to find a location for our hand luggage. On our outbound flight I was in row 25 my wife in row 32 my bag above row 17 and my wife's above row 15 the only places left to put our hand luggage. I know it is cheap but the staff just did not seem to care and were not presented very well looking like they had put their uniform on straight from the laundry basket, they had also run out of many of the limited food items that they did sell. I'm sure they will continue this service but myself and my wife will certainly not use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 August 2013 by C Hopkins    (UK)

Flew with them yesterday. Went on-line to check in. A 70 insurance charge was added during this process. I did not need insurance so I tracked back through screens to see where it was added. I had no doubt rejected this when I originally booked but their check-in system then automatically adds it on again. I found where it was added and there was a note underneath stating that I could remove the charge if I wanted to 'travel without insurance' (a wholly inappropriate phrase). I had to indicate this in the 'drop down box'. Now finding he drop down box is another matter. Three of us tried and none of us could find it. I was not prepared to pay 70 to Ryanair for nothing so I decided instead to travel early to he airport and sort out with their staff at check-in. Big mistake. You can't get to check- in without having checked-in at home or through an electronic system at the airport. We checked in on the latter (it took 2 minutes)and were charged 280 for not having checked in on-line. The staff at check-in would not discuss this with me as they did not work for Ryanair. The cabin staff advised us to take it up with the company. Ryanair complaints procedure is that you have to send them a letter. I can't e-mail my complaint. A company contemptuous of its customers.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 August 2013 by A Whitham    (UK)

Just arrived home after yet another messed up flight from Ibiza to East Midlands. Check in was as always badly organised. Passengers queuing all over the place in the hope they have the right queue! Priority boarding uneventful until we boarded bus to plane. Had to Return to terminal as all passengers were at the wrong gate. Plane load of passengers then proceeded to run to another gate to be greeted with another load of Ryanair passengers who were running to get on plane at our original gate! In addition, no apology. Finally sat down behind cordoned off area on seats, a flight attendant was organising seat belts. Sat down for 5 minutes to be told rudely by another flight attendant that we were sat in reserved seats and would have to move. Senior flight attendant then proceeded to admonish junior attendant in front of us. Travelling with this so called airline is really too much of an effort. I personally would rather pay the extra and have the customer care that you should expect!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 August 2013 by L Chambers    (UK)

Booking easy to do and following feedback made sure I reserved a seat had correct weight etc etc. Flight from Alicante to Germany was fine although seats were somewhat narrow. All staff were polite and friendly. My disgust was the return journey where the staff showed absolutely no regard to health and safety and customer well being. One man allowed his young child to continually run up and down the aisle into the front area by the kitchen and to continually play with the crew door. On the first occasion they asked the man not to allow the child to play with the crew door. The man ignored this and continued allowing the child to run up and down and play with the door. I was sat in the front row and after several times spoke twice to the man asking him to consider the safety of his child if they were to fall. I finally got fed up and asked the staff when they passed me why they were not doing anything about this. The member of staff said there is no harm in a child running up and down and implied I was moaning. Sorry Ryanair, your refusal to consider a duty of care is not for me.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2013 by Carole Miles    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Fuerteventura - return July 12-22nd. This flight was great. Staff excellent, very attentive. Food was not brilliant, left in oven too long. The problem is with the passengers, they will not get luggage up and sit down. We missed our slot through people just not getting sorted and standing in the aisle. Then they complain we were stuck on the tarmac for 40 minutes. Ryanair do get bad press but the flight is what people make it. After all you get what you pay for. I paid 155 return for my flight, the same flight previously with Thomas cook was 515. Its a method of getting A to B cheaply, but the passenger has some responsibility to get on and sit down.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2013 by Bill Jackson    (Spain)

Valencia to Seville return with no issues at all, both flights were on time, the air crew were friendly and the fare was by far cheaper than with Iberia or by train. Have just booked for another trip to Seville in October.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 July 2013 by S Jacks    (UK)

Flew last Tuesday from Bristol to Las Palmas with my daughter. Took two cabin cases and also put a bag into hold. The staff were all very friendly and the queues were managed quickly and efficiently both ways. Our cabin bags weren't weighed either way, but they were checked to fit into the size baskets a couple of times, the last time being at the entrance to the plane gate. If you try to pull a fast one then you take your chance, but we were within the size and weight both ways and had no problems at all. They are a cheap way to fly, and this comes at a price. The staff both at the airport and on the plane were lovely and both ways the plane arrived a least forty minutes early. Yes legroom wasn't great but it was fine for a short haul flight.. You pays your money and you makes your choice! Without Ryanair I wouldn't have been able to take my daughter on holiday this year, as other airlines were much more expensive. I would fly with them again - and I know a lot of other people who say the same.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 July 2013 by Linda Munday    (UK)

Luton to Bratislava (Slovakia) 3 times now. The last trip I made, my friend with a 10 month old baby, and myself along with the rest of the passengers were kept waiting to board in an area which could only be described as an airless oven. After waiting for some time with sweat pouring off us, staff eventually opened a door to let in some air. They promptly shut it again when the plane arrived to offload passengers. As ever a great start to our trip. Once on board the flight left quickly but I did not see the crew check our seatbelts were secure or whether bags were under the seats properly. There did not seem to be enough time as the plane was late leaving and we were taxiing on the runway almost immediately. Flight was ok. I never buy anything on the plane because it is so overpriced. Return trip slightly better but I could not understand the cabin crew who were all foreign and spoke so fast over the tannoy I could not understand what they were saying. I will not be flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 July 2013 by J Stafford    (UK)

Leeds Bradford - Palma. Check-in was fast and easy. However it is a bad idea that they do not allocate seats onboard - causes more confusion. The servisair ground staff were rude. 40 minutes late. Too much cabin announcements and only 1 cockpit announcement! Not very good. Palma - Leeds Bradford. Check in was ok. Once again the same as outbound. Extra charges. I will not be flying Ryanair again!

Ryanair Customer review :  31 July 2013 by S Simkins    (UK)

Flew Liverpool-Carcassonne no problems whatsoever. Stuck to the rules, had only hand luggage and the return flight 44.50 in total, no complaints. However the return could have been horrific, but luckily the helpfulness of Ryanair was second to none. The runway was frozen (as it was January) in Carcassone. Flight cancelled. They did however send a flight to Perpignan and put us on a coach to Perpignan, then hassle free flight to Liverpool with free snack. Very impressed. We were one of the only flights to land in Liverpool that day due to snowfall over the North West. Excellent low cost service!

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Marion Aveyard    (UK)

You think you are having a good cheap flight but no, our family of 6 took 3 cases with us from Bristol airport to Palma with no problems, but on the way back found out we had not said we were bringing our luggage home so it cost us 300 to bring our cases back plus 15 admin fees. No problems with air crew. There are cheaper flights out there, I have flown my last flight with them, and will not be recommending them.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2013 by S Duff    (UK)

Arrecife-London. Delayed, and as if all the waiting around wasn't bad enough, you settle down in your seat after 2pm having arrived at the airport just after breakfast, eventually take off, stomach empty and growling to find they have run out of food! We have crisps the somewhat stressed unhappy staff tell me but no menu food. Arrived home at 10pm more than unimpressed and very hungry. It was a long day for all onboard.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2013 by T Williams    (UK)

Flight from Nuremberg to Stansted. I managed to avoid all the problems of ads selling insurance you don't want on the website etc and boarding pass but outrageous that you can't print one within 4 hours of travelling deliberately there for them to make a fortune. No doubt its illustrious owner will argue flights always full. It'd been a while since I'd flown them and couldn't believe the number of announcements selling things even more than last time. The seats are unbelievably uncomfortable impossible to sleep as many people around me were finding. Would only use for a short flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 July 2013 by J Proctor    (UK)

Flew Ryanair for the first time a few weeks ago in July 2013 and it was no worse than any other UK airline. Manchester - Murcia - Manchester. Making your booking and printing your boarding pass however is quite hard work as they try to sell you extras at every single stage. Whoever dreamed up non-allocated seating - what a fabulous idea. Everybody stands up in an orderly queue at the gate about 45mins before, which some people moan about, but it certainly guarantees nobody is late for the flight and you don't end up sat on the plane waiting forever for some moron who is late, while they call "last boarding call" about 20 times over the tannoy. Once onboard, everyone finds a seat fairly quickly and within under 5 minutes, the doors area closed, plane is taxiing and the cabin crew get on with their safety demo with remarkable speed and efficiency. There is no messing about and a definite advantage of the low cost idea, with very tight turnaround times. Once in the air the Cabin crew were fine. They went about their duties quickly and without fuss and I found them to be mostly pleasant. Leg room was tight but the plane was modern, and you can rest easy knowing Ryanair have one of the youngest fleets of aircraft in Europe. Overall I would be happy to recommend. If you are willing to travel light and obey their rules such as printing your own boarding pass, it really is excellent value for money.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Les Morton    (UK)

I have never flown Ryan Air before and will avoid them at all costs in the future. We had approximately one hour delays both ways from Leeds Bradford to Palma and back. It was not the delays that annoyed me as I know from past experience these do occur, what really ticked me off was that the airline/airport staff must have been aware of these delays but still had all passengers standing in queues at the boarding gates as if the plane was on time, if they had only informed us about the delay and kept updating us this would have been acceptable, but no, even when asked the boarding staff said they were not aware of a delay, this was approximately 45 minutes after we should have taken off. Get your act together on customer service Ryanair or you will lose more passengers/customers. If you had kept me updated you would have kept me as a customer.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 July 2013 by R Owen    (UK)

My wife and I flew to Riga, Latvia on 29th June returning a week later. Many people on here have pointed out the "calling to gate" and queuing for up to an hour before boarding. This is true. However the only reason a queue forms is because Ryanair do not allocate seats and people want to get on to choose a seat. Priority Boarding is a joke because if you're first on the shuttle bus, you're usually last off so others who haven't paid the extra board the aircraft before you! I always travel with no or little hand luggage as does my wife. Both took on board a small back pack each. Due to Ryanair not checking hand luggage size we could not believe the size of bags people were carrying onto the plane. Some were clearly cases that should have been in the hold. This filled up the overhead lockers so the stewards spent 20 minutes pulling small bags out of the lockers, handing them back to passengers and telling them to put them under the set where their feet would rest. That included me and my wife. We had to fly 2.5 hours with no leg room. Where's the logic in that. Airline was dirty from previous passengers food on the way back. Never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 July 2013 by David Holt    (UK)

Liverpool to Fuerteventura. At Liverpool check-in was quick, efficient, no problems. Went through security, waited in departure lounge, did a bit of browsing in the duty free shops. Onboard, found a nice set of 3 seats free, very comfortable, looked like a new plane, or at least very clean and fresh. Arrived at Fuerteventura 30 minutes early, off fairly quickly and picked up bag. 10 days later, arrived at the airport 2.5 hours before departure, to find a queue as long as could be seen, no one at the desk until 2 hours before scheduled departure, when only one check in open. When we finally arrived to check in our bags, we handed over our passports and invoice, to be asked for our boarding cards, I had deliberately printed off the web page, because when I received an email saying I could now book in online for my flight, the page said that online booking in for the return flight was not possible, I therefore concluded that like other airlines you got your boarding card at the desk when you checked in? Told I'd have to pay 210 Euros. Proceed to security, see on the board that its the final call for boarding. Run to the gate, to find it empty and no queue. Allowed to check in and proceed to aircraft, no row of seats for 3. Sat onboard for another 30 minutes. Flight back uneventful, landed early.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Harriet Borrower    (UK)

Liverpool to Nimes on Friday 12th July, 6.40am, return flight was (supposed to be) 14.10 on Monday 15 July. I would never fly Ryanair again. What a shambles. Booking your flight in the first place is a minefield. It is deliberately misleading and difficult. Adverts constantly getting in the way. Any errors will cost you dearly. I somehow managed to book my case only on the outward trip so had to pay 100 to fly it back with me. When you add the price of luggage, booking seats if you want to make sure you sit with your children, any food or drink you might require its not even cheap. Our flight was delayed on the way back, we were shepherded into a very small space. No announcements, no information. Just awful! Avoid Ryanair if you possibly can.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Michelle Martin    (Scotland)

Returned from Faro 23 July 2013. First herded into a tent on Tarmac for 30 mins. The cabin crew were dreadful. One of the crew shrugged her shoulders when I needed to pass to go to toilet. They had no manners whatsoever, in fact very rude.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 July 2013 by J Guy    (UK)

Wanted to transfer to an earlier flight, seats were available and was expecting a transfer fee not to have to buy 2 completely new tickets at 270 from Dublin to Stansted! Ryanair was never my choice it just happen to be the most convenient and available flight date and time for my visit to Ireland. Don't like to be ripped off!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 July 2013 by S Birch    (UK)

Flew from Malaga to Edinburgh and was charged 140 on the spot as I hadn't printed our return boarding passes. It took the lady at the desk under 2 minutes to check us in and print our boarding passes - absolute joke. It's daylight robbery. Needless to say I'm highly unlikely to fly with Ryanair again (not to mention the planes were dirty with rubbish from the previous flight lying everywhere) and if I do I will ensure I thoroughly read their stupidly money-grabbing rules. Would not recommend - definitely worth spending that bit extra for a better airline who don't have hidden costs everywhere.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Peter Fahy    (Ireland)

Pleasant and stress free flight between Cork and Liverpool last week. Cabin staff were polite and efficient. I will gladly recommend Ryanair to family and friends.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Tan Lan    (Australia)

FR663 from Birmingham to Dublin on 16th July at 7.55am. We were stung with a 70 per boarding pass print which is more than the cost of our tickets. We checked in the night before but because we did not have a printer on hand, we thought we could reprint at the airport. To our horror we were told we cannot reprint tickets 4 hours before the flight and if we have to print the tickets from the machine it would cost us 70 per ticket. Imagine the 3 of us costs us a total of 210 which is more than double the price of our tickets. We were definitely outraged by the charges.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Jakub Kowalski    (UK)

East Midlands to Fuerteventura and back! It looks like Ryanair have monopolised the sky roads and it's difficult to find something other than them. It make you think it's the cheapest flight, but when you go through your flight booking process it adds more and more things to pay. They charge enormous payments for many things, from paying by card (with no other option to pay) to priority and bigger luggage, etc. I use it to fly to Poland as well, mainly because they are the only company that fly directly to my city, but if I could I would rather to pay more and avoid Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Billy Oneil    (UK)

Flew from Prestwick-Gran Canaria. At the airport, the service was swift! Before we knew it, we went from dropping our bags to boarding the plane. On board service was okay. The staff were quick to respond to requests however sometimes they made you feel like a nuisance. The seats were not too comfortable and there is no in-flight entertainment, but we left on time and arrived 15 minutes early. Overall the experience was a good one. As long as you play by the rules and purchase priority boarding, you shouldn't have a problem. It's not the best, but for the price you pay, it's great value for money!

Ryanair Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

I am a frequent Ryanair traveller and I fly them probably 10 times a year. As long as you abide by their rules, hence the fantastic magnificent price, then I cannot fault them. The food may be lousy and expensive, but I always take a sandwich on board. The "cattle like" queuing may be tedious but I always see their planes full and always punctual so far. Just print your boarding pass and be organised and no problems arise.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 July 2013 by Sara Milner    (UK)

Flew to Malaga in may from Gatwick with British Airways, check in poor, plane dirty, food bad. Travelled around Spain and flew back with Ryanair from Seville and couldn't really fault it at all, a bit of a mad boarding but get that with most airlines - clean plane, friendly staff. Booked again to fly down to the south of France with Ryanair at the end of the month from our local airport so hopefully will be better as a small airport.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 July 2013 by R Miller    (USA)

Dublin, Ireland to Edinburgh, Scotland, return. Dublin - Edinburgh, flight FR818 on June 18 and Edinburgh - Dublin, flight FR819 on June 22. Ryanair treated me very badly, and I will never fly with them again. I was recently charged 280 Euros to print 4 sheets of paper for boarding passes for myself, my companion, my granddaughter, and my niece. I had pre-printed the passes as per Ryanair's instructions, but when I arrived at the airport I was unable to find them. Because I arrived within 4 hours of my flight, Ryanair would not allow me go to an Internet cafe to print them again - they make the boarding passes unavailable at the 4 hour point. The rest of the Ryanair experience was just as bad - humiliating requirements, lousy service, uncomfortable aircraft, and very poor communication. Never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 July 2013 by Ana Dzapo    (Croatia)

Flight from Ibiza to Barcelona, 55 mins duration. Never again. My friend Italian booked my flight and paid with his credit card, I hadn't seen that I must check in online, so they made me pay extra 70€euros even though I arrived at the airport 2 hours before my flight! Then they wanted to charge extra just because my luggage was 0.5 kg over 15 kg limit. The service on the plane was horrible, no room to sit comfortably, they charged for food and drinks. My first and last time with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2013 by L McKenna    (Ireland)

I have flown Ryanair many times, and while it certainly isn't a luxury airline, it does what it says on the tin and gets you from A to B. The snacks and food aren't amazing, and are often overpriced, but sure you see that problem almost everywhere these days. I've never had a problem with the flight attendants, and in my experience Ryanair are reliable for arriving on time. Their prices are a lot cheaper than others and if you're looking for luxury then you must accept that you'll have to pay more. A lot of people complain about the cabin baggage regulations and fees, but look, they give you plenty of notice and even send you reminders about the rules for hand luggage so if you don't follow those rules and get charged extra then there's no one to blame but yourself. All in all, I'll keep flying with Ryanair because their prices are fair and if you play nicely then so will they.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Antony Gee    (Spain)

A typical practice of Ryanair is to call people to the Gate before your aircraft has even landed. One then has to stand in a queue with women and children, elderly and very little seating for anything up to three quarters of an hour. At some airports, for example Alicante the queue may be on a staircase. There is no in-flight entertainment so many passengers like to sleep. Sleep is impossible as every few minutes the speaker system loudly tells you that the cabin crew are coming round selling this that and the other. The Brace position which one is supposed to adopt in an emergency is impossible because the seat in front of you is so close that to adopt the position one would have to penetrate the back of the seat in front with ones forehead.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Elaine Marsh    (UK)

Went from Liverpool to Alicante in July 2013. We pre-booked seats, flight left on time, arrived 15 minutes early. Staff very helpful. All in all a great flight. Will be using Ryanair again - great services.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 July 2013 by I Ford    (France)

Bought tickets for my daughter and 2 children aged 3 and 18 months from Bergerac to Stansted. A request to buy a seat for the infant was refused so they had to wedge into 2 seats and someone had to sit in the third seat alongside. Flight delayed on the ground for almost 2 hours and the full load of passengers had to remain on board in 34 degrees temp with inadequate air conditioning and no offer of refreshment either free or purchased. A simple request of water for the children was refused as was a request to the cabin staff to help them descent the stairs at Stansted. If possible be flexible on dates, book early on BA or similar and get everything included for not much more than Ryanair and be treated with decency.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Mike Wood    (UK)

We have flown Ryanair for the past two years - 2-3 times a year to Spain. Yes they sell food and drinks, yes they sell duty free, yes they sell scratch cards. They walk from one end of the plane to another holding them up and you have to stop them to buy them. Its a short flight so after taking off and landing time there is not a lot of time to offer these items, they don't force it down your neck. If you have kids don't wait to the last minute to board the plane, you should be near the front of the queue to ensure you can all sit together. If you cant print your boarding pass before you go (which we do the day before and print off a spare in case they get lost) for the return flight there are hundreds of internet cafes all over Europe. The hand luggage is fine.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Sue Rushton    (UK)

We have flown with Ryanair 3 times now from Leeds to Chania in Crete. We have had no problems at all. Flights have been on time and cabin crew have been friendly. Ok there is no entertainment, rubbish bins and they try to sell you stuff! These are not major problems. It is a basic cheap flight and so long as you obey the rules, you shouldn't have a problem! They even text to remind you of baggage size etc a few days before you go.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Tony Quinn    (UK)

BRS-DUB-BRS. Had to use Ryanair as the only viable alternative for this trip. Since this was the first time we've used them we were very apprehensive after seeing the reviews. Apart from the rip-off charge of 50 for a 15kg bag it was OK. They call it no frills and they're not kidding, think "Bus in the sky" and you've got it (not even coach). Queues to board area a pain. However on this occasion "It did what it said on the tin". We followed their rules and had a satisfactory trip. Would we use them again - the simple answer is yes if it was the only reasonable alternative. However, if there's a choice I think Easyjet wins hands down.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 July 2013 by J Weightman    (UK)

Having paid for reserved seating in second row we saw the 2 rows behind were cordoned off. Before take off 5 adults and 7 children (3 babies, a toddler and 3 older children) were given the seats as although they had not paid for reserved seats had complained they were not sitting together. A young male crew member felt the need to remove the straps and give them 12 seats (row 3 and 4). We then had continuous kicking of seats, bouncing around, continuous noise and three nappy changes directly behind us on the seat. This flight felt like a long haul flight although it was only 2 hours 45 minutes. A similar thing happened on the way there. For an airline who charge 20 per kilo for extra baggage and ridiculous rules and regulations they should consider their priority customers who pay extra for decent seats. Unfortunately it was the flight from hell.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2013 by F Houiellebecq    (UK)

First time with Ryanair, and all together not a pleasant experience. Bournemouth to Faro - first problem was shiny paper my boarding pass was printed out on, the machine did not like this, and I had to get it hand stamped. Boarding consists of waiting for long periods in a line. Not good in Faro on the return, in a very hot airport, why make passengers stand up for near to an hour? Onboard its sell, sell, sell, hot food, cold food, drinks, duty free, perfume, smokeless cigarettes, scratch cards, telephone cards. Yes you may have the best record for being on time, but what about passenger comfort? You buy some food, have your tray down in front of you to eat it, once your finished then what? You have nowhere to put the rubbish. Very poor, it seems passenger comfort is compromised because of selling and marketing. yes low cost, but also low comfort.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2013 by P Kieran    (Scotland)

Edinburgh to Szczecin return flight. My wife and I regularly make this flight and have never encountered any significant problems, dare I say it but it's because we follow the Ryanair rules. Reserved seats booked, hand- luggage only and we're sorted. Only once have I seen them randomly weigh hand-luggage (at Prestwick), at Edinburgh on our outward flight they stopped all passengers to check their hand-luggage fitted in the metal cage. Cannot stress strongly enough, stick to the rules (which I agree are rather inflexible) and you're OK. print your boarding cards out a day or so before and you can print your return ones also. Our only gripe was that pilot on the way back kept the fasten seat belts light on throughout most of the journey for no apparent reason. Not great if you need the toilet!

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Susan Willis    (UK)

Flew from Liverpool to Lanzarote, this is a no frills airline and not British Airways. Play by the rules and its cheap, ignore the rules and it will cost you. Our flight 10 mins late out going, this was due to a couple boarding the wrong plane? Plane clean, staff nice and chatty, return same.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Stacie Kosterman    (USA)

Brussels (Charleroi) (CRL) - Dublin (DUB), 29th June 2013, FR43. No one answers the 'customer service' phone on the weekends. I was not able to switch my vacation around as I had wanted to, solely because of Ryanair. The bag requirements are ridiculous and completely unacceptable. If you don't check in online and print your boarding pass prior to getting to the airport the fee is something like 70 Euro. If your bag is over 15kg it's 20 euro for every kg you are over. You aren't allowed to carry your purse along with your carry on. Once on the flight I went to put my carry on over head, but the attendant told me I couldn't because there were people with larger carry on's. Never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Barbara Bolton    (UK)

You really cannot fault Ryanair on price, I paid 51 return Liverpool to Zadar. I've flown Ryanair many times and it never fails to amuse me seeing many stupid people trying to get there oversize bag into the cabin, can these people not read. Ryanair remind you of size and weight allocation when booking and even send you an e-mail the day before you travel to tell you this. In my mind Ryanair are great value for money.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2013 by K Baker    (Italy)

Flew to London and back from Trapani. I paid extra for the baggage yet when we arrived at check in they refused to let us on until we paid again for the baggage. This happened to my husband going to London and to me and my daughters coming home. My husband was charged 60 Euro yet they charged my daughters and me 100 each! The extra baggage fee is ridiculous anyway. All the extras and hidden fees are enough to drive a person crazy. All in all, it was have been cheaper to fly from an airport closer to home on a different airline. Won't use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Norman Dias    (UK)

Booked a flight to Ancona Italy with Ryanair, arrived at Stansted airport and went through security and was told that a small car spare in my hand luggage could not go in the cabin and the bag would have to go in the hold. Went back out to the Ryanair service desk and spoke to the rudest man I have ever met. I asked how much to put this small case in the hold and was told it would be 100. When I queried the ridiculously expensive price I was told I should have booked it in when checking in online and it was tough luck. Then the plane was 40 mins late and there was no room for my wife's hand luggage so it had to go under the seat in front and her feet were on it all the way to Italy, very uncomfortable.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Daniel Czarnecki    (Ireland)

Traveling from Dublin to Rzeszow-Poland, 23/06. My daughters 11 and 6 were seated on the other side of the plane, cabin crew told me that they could not force anyone to swap seats. Will not fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Jamie Bardon    (UK)

Flew in May from Leeds Bradford to Ibiza and Ibiza to Leeds Bradford. If your travelling with just hand luggage and stick to the rules i.e. read the small print then its ideal. Cheap no frills flight, ideal if you want a budget ticket. People give RyanAir bad reviews mainly because they don't read the rules about oversized/overweight baggage that they get charged for or boarding passes they haven't printed off. If you make sure everything's organised before you fly then you can't really fault the airline. This trip would of cost me1300 with British Airways, only cost me 90 with RyanAir. Would definitely fly with them again.

Earlier comments for RYANAIR have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).