Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  31 March 2014 by C Cudby    (UK)

We have just returned from a week in Gran Canaria. This was our first flight with Ryanair and our first online flight booking. We are not very good on computer bookings and missed the fact that you need to print 2 boarding passes, even though we had two separate sheets with two different flight numbers on. We accept that this was our fault but I like to think this was human error. Again we accept that staff cannot be expected to spend hours printing off tickets for idiots! However do you really need to charge so much to do so? Also the receptionist who had to deal with us was not fully experienced and needed to employ the help of her colleagues which caused extended delay to three queues instead of one making us feel very embarrassed and small.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 March 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

London Stansted to Porto, 26 March 2014 on FR8343. This was my first Ryanair flight for nearly two years and I'm happy to see that some things have changed for the better. No queue at the bag drop desk. Assigned seating is a nice new addition though boarding leaves much to be desired - flight departed 20 minutes late due the slightly slow boarding process which prompted some passengers to buy overpriced priority boarding from Ryanair staff hanging around the gate. Crew on board were professional and what I've noticed is that they smile and are happy to have friendly banter with passengers now - so that's a really added plus since my last trip! Seats not amazingly comfy but ok for the short flight. Arrived in Porto ahead of arrival time and bags were on the belt almost immediately (this is something good that hasn't changed!). I'm impressed by the recent improvements and of course I will consider flying Ryanair again as long as the price is right.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 March 2014 by D Cochrane    (UK)

Luton to Gran Canaria. I booked it not because it was fairly reasonable price but because it was from a nearby airport. After check-in and gestapo tactics used to extort money for oversized hand baggage, my partner spent much of our Holiday stressing about what might happen during the return flight home. Check in even suggested throwing some clothing away to keep the weight down, even though the same clothing weight had been ok on the outbound leg. Never again, I would happily pay an extra few quid to another airline and be relaxed and enjoy the break. Its surprising just how many folk we chatted with at the Hotel were worried at what tricks might be foisted on them at the Foreign airport relating to hand Baggage.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Stuart Ward    (UK)

Flew Ryanair for the first time 2 weeks ago and again last week. Derry to Birmingham and back. Having read the reviews it was with some trepidation I booked the flights, as they are the only airline flying to Derry it was forced on me. The web site wasn't too difficult and I was prompted by online live chat if I dallied, they were helpful and reassured me only one booking had been made. Paid for hold luggage as I had a laptop bag as well. Reserved seats were welcome. I printed the boarding passes off before hand and arrived in plenty of time. Onboard reasonable, bit garish and the selling wasn't too obnoxious given only a 50 min flight. Depart and arrive on time. So overall the experience wasn't too bad but then everything worked ok. The nagging feeling is what if it hadn't? But given the price you get what you pay for. Would I fly with them again? Given it was the only airline to that airport then yes. If to another airport and there was an alternative and there were consequences to not arriving on time and the company was paying then I would think very hard about it.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Elensky Marie    (Ireland)

I often fly with Ryanair between Dublin and Nantes. They are always on time (more or less 30min max), plus are the only ones to offer a direct flight between those 2 cities. Don't expect much on the service side : they have very good deals for the tickets, and they bring you from point A to B, that's it! Be careful though with all the added fees they can charge.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Jane Payling    (UK)

I recently flew from Manchester to Rome and had to ask for a wheelchair both going and on return. Ryanair organised this for me. Staff were waiting at both ends. The staff who were waiting were friendly, efficient and very professional.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 March 2014 by P Ellis    (UK)

We flew last week, Manchester - Alicante. The flight and boarding were flawless, we only had hand luggage and had priority boarding. Outbound we were delayed by almost 2 hours, because of French ATC problems, but other than this, the flight was quite unremarkable. the seats don't recline, which in my opinion is a bonus, and were adequate for a sub 3 hour flight. The tickets were fairly priced, and the allocated seating is as it should be. Cabin crew were great, and cockpit announcements fine. I'd gladly fly with Ryanair again. There was zero IFE but I had my tablet and didn't expect otherwise. Food and beverages were priced as expected.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 March 2014 by T Annab    (UK)

Travelled many times with Ryanair, LBA to ALC. Always on time give or take 15 mins. Staff generally helpful and friendly. Comfortable flight. Spotlessly clean bright plane. Seats ok for the larger person. Not always food available but ok for short flight. Only gripe a couple of years ago delayed boarding at Alicante. Passengers were rushed on plane resulting in bedlam. Plane taxiing before everyone seated and not enough baggage space. Normally let a few on at a time which is usually fine.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 March 2014 by D Birks    (UK)

FR1121 on Sun 9th March 2014 - boarded the plane after a 45 minute delay on the check in desk to be told that the pilot was not prepared to fly a plane which had a problem with the water supply. After sitting on the runway for approx. 50 minutes, we then had to wait for water and for re-fuel. Finally we took off to Tenerife. On landing at Tenerife Sur the captain aborted the initial landing and escalated back into the sky to attempt a second landing. Also no food on the plane other than snacks.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Anna Harrington    (UK)

I've taken literally hundreds of flights with Ryanair from London to Kerry - either Stansted or Luton in the last ten years. Twice, flights were cancelled, once delayed, and once I had baggage that was overweight which resulted in a penalty. I've never had a problem with any staff, always found them fine - they respond to how you talk to them I think. They are always cheap, and I can't fault them. I always paid priority, got there early, accepted what I couldn't change. I have trained myself to sleep as soon as I board, so onboard purchased don't bother me.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Faiz Alam    (Italy)

Paris (Beauvais) to Bologna. FR4304, 19 Mar 2014. Ryanair's business model is based upon ripping-off 20% of customers and then using this money to offer cheap flight and cheap services to the other 80%. Last night I was ripped off for 70 Euros, which was actually the price of my ticket, just because I didn't check-in online! It was my first time with this airline and there was nothing mentioned when they sent the e-ticket, they took advantage of the little T&C that they claim to have put somewhere on their website. Staff were rude and ready to fight.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Glenda Hull    (Spain)

14th March, Tenerife to Manchester and yet again no food for sale on the flight. There were quite a few people not happy with the situation but the crew just said they had nothing for sale. No inflight magazines were handed out so when they came with the duty free sales not much was sold as no one knew what was for sale. I really wish that Ryanair would sort out the inflight service as I enjoy all the other aspects of flying Ryanair but this lets them down terribly.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 March 2014 by S Arjun    (UK)

Flew from Edinburgh (EDI) to Alicante (ALC) and found that the journey had pros and cons. The pros are Ryanair is a very cheap airline to fly with, it usually gets you to your destination 20 mins earlier before scheduled time, when you land there is a fanfare sound which is quite funny and the staff are helpful because I had asked for a sick bag and got one right away. Cons are the seats are not comfy at all, the staff are arrogant, the leg room is very limited, the food is expensive and when you board the aircraft it has a very weird strong smell. Would maybe fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 March 2014 by T Mason    (UK)

Flew to Marrakech with Ryanair and was very impressed with the improvements they have made from their website to the allocated seating. Much better and credit where credit is due. Special mention to the cabin staff who were smart, friendly and very efficient - in fact far better than on a recent Air Canada flight where the cabin staff were miserable and unhelpful.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

London Stansted to Tampere, Rygge to London Stansted all in all a bargain bucket of a silly price of 36 return in January and booked 2 weeks in advance! They must be successful because the flights are always busy. I will keep using Ryanair because they are cheap, cheerful, idealistic flight times, safe and very much punctual. Take no notice of the cabin crew much and adhere to their rules, in other words be organised as it is not rocket science, and you will be flying safely high! Why pay more money to fly into a rip off "tax con" major airport, when Tampere is just a 1hr30 minute cheap train ride to Helsinki and believe me Tampere is a very non-congestive airport like Rygge.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 March 2014 by N Gilbert    (UK)

Flew Bristol to Malaga. As usual flight on time good service and at a price impossible to beat, and I have tried. Flying to Gran Canaria on the 8th March and I am sure I will get the same excellent service as I have on all flights with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2014 by T Hughes    (UK)

My Husband booked his first (and most definitely his last) flight with Ryanair to go on a business trip to Bergamo, Italy supposedly for 2 days. He flew at the weekend expecting to be back at work midday Monday. He is still, at 4.30pm sat in Bergamo Airport. The flight was due to take off at 10.30am, then it was delayed 6 hours, without any explanation to 4.30pm and has just been extended again to 6.30pm with a pre warning that that is just estimated. The reason apparently is staffing issues. At this rate he says he wouldn't be surprised if he's in the airport all night. Also after leaving the passengers in the dark for most of the day, they were told if they wanted to book a flight with a different airline, they would have to pay again, and claim back. An appalling customer service and attitude.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Stephen Beesty    (UK)

Outward 11 Feb, Bristol to Faro return. Brilliant does what it says on the box left on time arrived early, same on return. All staff friendly and helpful. Will I use them again - yes.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 February 2014 by M O'Connor    (UK)

Ryanair has a very long way to go to improve the service it offers. I experienced appalling customer service on a flight from Bristol to Dublin on 14th Feb. A male steward took Ryanair's poor customer service to a new low - he was extremely rude, bad humoured and swore in front of my 11 year old daughter. Additionally Ryanair's new seat allocation policy appears to be at the expense of carrying on your hand luggage if your bag is not in the first 90 bags on board. Not only had I the inconvenience of lugging my case around the airport but had to wait for it in Bristol as it was taken off me as I boarded. Always 1 step forward and 2 back with Ryanair, Easyjet is cheap and cheerful, Ryanair is cheap and nasty.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Ashtin Bokenfohr    (Switzerland)

3 friends and I were staying in Dublin and decided to take a day trip to Liverpool. I did not have a printer so had to pay 15 to get my ticket printed out. This was the worst flight I've been on, we were already tired and just wanted to get to Liverpool, on top of that we had to deal with the unfriendly staff that were not helpful whatsoever. The plane was crowded, hot and uncomfortable. If you wanted a glass of water you had to pay for it. I had to take this flight on the way back and I will never be flying with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 February 2014 by B Konstantinou    (Belgium)

Flight from Rome to Thessaloniki. Unexplainable landing at Plovdiv, Bulgaria. When we arrived there no one at the airport, they opened it for us. After waiting for a long time someone came and told us that we are going to leave by bus. It was an 8 hour bus trip to Thessaloniki and of course they didn't give us water or food.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 February 2014 by P Edwards    (UK)

I fly on average once a fortnight with Ryanair and can't fault them. They get you from A to B on time and cheaply. You can still check in up to 15 days before the flight without having to pay for an allocated seat despite what they say. In fact if you are crafty you can actually choose your seat free of charge by doing the following: click on 'Choose a Seat', check which ones have already been allocated, knowing that they allocate the seats in alternate rows front and back starting either side of the overwing exit rows. If you are happy with the next available seat then exit this page and click on 'Do not Choose Seat' and you will get that seat. If you are not happy with the location of the next available seat then exit check-in process altogether and try again later. It works!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 February 2014 by P Ward    (UK)

Feb 14, MAN-Paphos. This is the most budget airline I have come across, I became paranoid about the weight of my luggage! Thankfully we were within the guidelines, however on arrival to the gate (2 Ryanair) employees were waiting to pounce, scrutinising everyone's hand luggage and asking them to place their cabin bags in the frame. Lucky for us we were OK but numerous passengers who 'could not fit' theirs were made to pay 50 which were then put in the hold. Why did the check in staff not ask to weigh their cabin bags at check in - in my opinion this is the way they make an extra 50 per passenger - some cheap flight for these unfortunate people (students) many of whom were going home for half term and short of money to begin with - for me never again. Ryanair have no PR skills whatsoever, this is a complete lack of training in every area of customer service.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 February 2014 by S Callow    (Spain)

Flew from MAN-AGP, 1st Feb. Flight left on time and arrived in Malaga with the usual fanfare. I had the new allocated seating which was fine (window seat). Leg room is fine and lights were kept dimmed as it was an evening flight. Cabin crew friendly and helpful. Price wise for drinks/food they are slightly expensive. I have never had a problem with Ryanair, it's low cost and you get what you pay for.