Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Eti Yaacobovich    (Israel)

02/10/2013. About a month ago I purchased flight tickets online, from London (Luton) to Dublin. I paid in advance for ordering extra seat and luggage up to 20 kg. We reached the airport at 12.30. Desk opens at 13:00. When I told the clerk that I had not had the option to print a ticket, she answered carelessly and rudely: "These are our procedures if you do not have 140 pounds to pay, do not fly"! Charged 140 pounds for printing two boarding cards! Then, during the flight they flooded us with nonsense and aggressively tried to get us to buy from them. I know that this is first and last time I fly with this company. Cheap flight does not mean poor service.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Julia Edmead    (UK)

23 September 2013 to Fuerteventura and back again with them on 27th September. After seeing all the bad reviews they get, I was very nervous. Its a low cost airline and to be honest it is no different than flying with Thomas Cook or anyone else for that matter. Ok so you don't get inflight movies, seats don't recline but I found the whole booking to boarding to flying all very comfortable and easy.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by B Younger    (UK)

Charged 50 for extra case which I booked 4 days before I flew out, and found out it was only for one way, to bring the case back it would cost another 50. Surely if you take a case on holiday you want to bring it back so this charge is a total rip off. It has nothing to do with security just pure greed from the airline. Found the staff on baggage handling to be unhelpful and miserable. On returning to UK, we went into the duty free and was told we could take one carrier bag with our goods on flight with our hand luggage, but this was not to be, we were told by boarding staff very rudely that are carrier bag had to be put in our hand luggage which didn't have any space. Luckily we found a space in someone else's bag otherwise we would have lost the goods we had bought. On getting on the plane there was nowhere to put our bags, other people were also having problems, we had to put baggage under the seat in front of us which left no leg room at all and had a very uncomfortable flight home.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Ian Johnson    (UK)

My wife and I flew from Bournemouth to Ibiza, 24th September returning to Bournemouth on the 1st October 2013. Clean aircraft on both occasions. Very good cabin crews happy and anxious to please. Both flights ahead of arrival times. On the inward flight the Captain saw the majority of passengers using the front steps off the aircraft with a happy word for all. Stop moaning about Ryanair. Stick to the rules and you will enjoy the experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Craig Bryant    (Australia)

Beauvais (Paris) to Bratislava 8 September: the absence of any seat booking as a standard service makes boarding Ryanair feel like a cattle yard experience, (we paid the extra for a seat reservation and that worked well). The total inflexibility on luggage weight is a sham and price gouge policy. We are both smallish people, our carry on luggage was well under weight, and one checked in bag (which of course we paid for) was 1 kg over, bang another 20E, ie it is per bag if hers was under and mine over you still pay on the one that is over. The flight crew were fine but the check in woman forgot to stamp my wife's boarding document so having gone through the queue we had to run back for that. The airport shuttle service from Porte Maillot to Beauvais was very good but it is 1.5 hrs. Ryanair is now my airline of last resort.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by G Mulford    (UK)

Seats uncomfortable, ridiculous rules, which although we adhered to them we could see that others did not. Hot food ran out and staff did not seem to have any comments other than what were likely to have been stock responses, it seems if your flight is later in the day it is 'pot luck' if the advertised food is available as it is not replenished between stops! Didn't want to travel with Ryanair but really had no alternative at the time with destination and dates but would avoid in the future.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by O Eagle    (Australia)

I was catching the morning flight from Barcelona to Rome with 3 other companions. We sat awaiting to board when the call came up. We watched the farce play out as passenger after passenger wrestled with their carry on to shove it into the small regulation box. If they couldn't get it in the little metal box they got fined. As the line finally whittled down we decided to board. They don't turn on the air-conditioning until the plane is in the air. It was then we realised that the seats were not allocated, first come, first serve. We had to hold our carry on on our laps. I looked above me wondering why we couldn't put our carry on in the overhead compartments. Finally the aircon came on - just about the same time the captain started advertising the sale of scratchcards.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by James Heneghan    (UK)

Luton (LTN) - Ireland West Knock (NOC) return from Friday to Monday, September. Great fares for the return flights. Excellent service as usual on this route. On-time departures and arrival. Attentive and friendly cabin crew. The Ryanair Station Staff at Knock were efficient and professional as well as helpful. My expectations are always met. Fully recommend Ryanair and always look forward to travelling with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Matthias Wagner    (Denmark)

Flew BLL-STN. Flight was almost on time, and the value for money was very good. Ryanair dropped the price of the tickets by 60% after I bought them. I am almost fluent in English, and have visited more than 10 countries, but I could only understand 20% of what was said in the cabin. I could feel my legs 50% of the time, and was constantly asked to buy, first hot food, cold food, Standsted express tickets, lottery tickets, Ryanair mobile and so on! It was really disturbing!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2013 by J Alexander    (UK)

Stansted to Rhodes on 14th September 2013, returned on 28th September 2013. Very pleased with everything, flight on time, easy check in, friendly staff lots of leg room in economy would thoroughly recommend, no problems at all. First time travelling with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Silvia Oliveira    (Portugal)

Flown this week from Oporto to Barcelona and back. Being a first-time flyer I certainly don't have the experience to compare it with other airlines, but I must say, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Everyone seems to hate Ryanair and I had a very pleasant experience with them. No troubles with luggage, we weren't even asked to measure it or weight it at boarding, though I understand that was a stroke of luck. Staff were very polite and nice, the only rudeness I witnessed were from the passengers themselves, mainly some who had the luck of boarding with clearly oversized bags and then were surprised when they didn't fit in the compartments. Seats were comfortable, they are no tighter that the average bus/train seat, I was expecting much worse from all the reviews I read. Flights arrived earlier than the quoted time. They do play a lot of ads during the flight for their services, but you aren't forced to buy anything, and the staff doesn't get all in your face with it. All in all, a very pleasant flight. I could have never afforded the trip if it wasn't for Ryanair. Just don't go to one of their flights with your mind set on trying to beat their system. If you want it cheap, then you must abide by their rules. If you don't want to be bothered with that, just go with the pricier airlines.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Bertoni Matteo    (Italy)

BGY-DUB return. Reserved seat 1A with priority boarding included. They apply competitive fares. Everything worked properly, pleasant flights, young and professional crews both ways. Flights on time. Recommended.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 September 2013 by N Coleman    (UK)

Flew to Treviso with them from Stansted, hopefully will never have to fly with them again. Awful airline, most uncomfortable flight seats ever, anything over an hours flight on those seats, it makes the journey painful. The staff are awful, but then again they probably get treated awfully so don't expect them to really care.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Malcolm Rogers    (UK)

London Stansted to Seville and return, 18-26th Sep. It seems that to supplement the apparent cheap fares they look for any and every excuse under the sun to get money out of you. We did not have the ability during our trip to remote Spain to pre-print the boarding passes, thought this would not be a problem as we had flown with a world class budget airline Air Asia earlier in the year and they provide machines at the airports to check in or you could use you smart phone to display the barcode. Ryanair charged us 140 Euros for two boarding passes which took the girl at check-in 30 seconds to do. This was as much as the return fares from Stansted to Seville. Surely a charge must reflect the effort or cost associated with providing the service. They then bombard you before and during the flight trying to make you buy more rubbish from them.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Peter Boden-Ryan    (UK)

Having flown Ryanair before I thought I knew what sort of flight to expect, sadly this airline has gone from bad to awful. I boarded with my hand luggage having been meticulously measured and weighted by staff at the gate to find a free for all frenzy aboard. The over head luggage lockers were already full, with many people still clutching bags in the aisle. Eventually after finding a vacant seat I asked the attendant where I should place my bag. I was told to put it under the seat in front of me, I tried it didn't fit, the attendant tried it still didn't fit, so I was told to put it in the space between the seats. I questioned where I would then put my legs to be told that I would have to squeeze them in on top of my case. I said that this was unacceptable for a 2.5hr flight to be told that it was by own fault for not booking priority boarding and that my luggage would be off loaded if I did not comply! I refused pointing out my bag was within the correct size, only after some adjacent passengers chipped in did the steward seek to put my bag elsewhere. On the way back the flight was not fully booked so staff sectioned off a few rows of seats, just to make sure no one enjoyed any extra space they had not paid for - talk about no frills, this is a whole new level.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Delbary Arnaud    (UK)

Ryanair is cheap so you gt what you pay for, I use them many times a year, I can go home and get away for a cheaper price than a train ticket to London from Manchester. I really don't understand people who don t like it, each time I travel the planes are full, so they must be doing something right! Don't like the price of the food on board! Don't buy then! Bring your own! No much room for leg! Come on! The journeys are always short, how much room do you need for a 2 hr flight! Ryanair is convenient and cheap, I am just a bit upset by the fact that some routes are not used in the winter! I fly for business about twice a month and use various airlines from Manchester and to be honest the difference between KLM and Ryanair for example is a free juice a muffin and about 300 quid. The same people moaning on this page will fly Ryanair again, because they are the cheapest and people like cheap!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by George Twell    (UK)

Myself, wife, daughter and her boyfriend went to Paphos, Sep 8th. We had no trouble getting through baggage counter .Flight was on time, plane very clean and staff very courteous and helpful. As long as you follow Ryanairs rules you should have no problems. Coming back there was a 2hr delay owing to weather conditions over England and the continent, something Ryanair could do nothing about. I don't know what you people expect off a low budget airline. Only problems caused were by stupid people with overloaded cases. One especially who could hardly lift his case. I admit I had reservations about travelling with them but would certainly use again. So try it you might like it.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Colin Woolley    (UK)

We booked with Ryanair due to the reasonable flight take off times, printed off the boarding passes at the local library, I don't own a printer. The airline offered me the choice of pre-booking a seat, as there weren't many left to choose from, going by the list of available seat's. Once we got on board only 4 rows were reserved, and were told just find a seat after row 5 they are all free. As for coming back from Spain this week, all of the Spanish people were pulled out of the long queue, and moved to the front. Is it just English people who hate queuing. My girlfriend purchased a wooden gift which weighed no more than 2 pounds and 4 inches wide, but it was 5 inches taller than the allowed case height. She had no hand luggage, so thought it would be reasonable to take it on board. No, it was classed as oversized, and the woman in charge, having no common sense, wanted to charge us the sum of 60 Euro to stick a label on it. Once on board we found several seats still empty. Surely knowing this, a bit of lenience would have been used. Where once on board the seat next to us was empty anyway, so she had to leave it at the boarding gate. How about teaching common sense in your training.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J Devlin    (Ireland)

My flight from Dublin to Milan went well. It was the return flight from Rome to Dublin when the nightmare began. The flight was due at 9.00 pm, it did not arrive we given no explanation for this. At midnight we were bussed to another airport, escorted by Italian police. Then bussed back to the first airport. Finally we flew out at 6pm the next day. I will never fly Ryanair again, I will pay the extra money to another airline for a better service.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by S Marks    (UK)

Flight 20/9/13, Malaga - Bristol. Fined 70 euro per person (2 people) for not having printed boarding passes - had email/internet problems and unable to do so in Spain - the printing of passes and taking of fines at check-in took less than 5 minutes which seems excessive and very unfair profiteering. Boarding gate opened about 17.30 - queue enormous as first come first served seating (unless you want to pay an extra 20 to reserve seat). Started boarding just after 6 - still boarding until about 7 - nightmare experience like herding animals. Held up by Spanish boarding staff team as told not allowed duty free bag as only one bag per customer in cabin - option pay extra 60 euro or put in cabin holdall - which we did but very stressful and which then made cabin bag too big. In the meantime large numbers of passengers passed us making us some of the last to enter plane - chaos on board with luggage and seating. BTW - 3 girls passed in front whilst we had duty free bag issue - they were carrying large shoulder handbags and wheeled cabin suitcases but not challenged at all by boarding team staff. Flight left over half hour late which appeared to be related to boarding chaos. Never flying Ryanair again!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

MRS-LTN. The low-cost terminal Ryanair uses in Marseille is absolutely the most depressing building I've ever been in, it's reason enough not to fly. Flight was late arriving and departing, seat comfort and service obviously nil, and a 1 hour wait at the passport control desks at Stansted.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Valerie Sheffield    (France)

I am a woman aged 77 years and I use Ryanair approx 6 times a year to visit my family as I live in France and Ryanair fly to East Midlands. To me it is like using a bus. I follow the instructions on the emails sent to me by Ryanair before my flight and I have never had any problems. The staff have always been courteous and I have noticed helpful when needed. Re people having problems at the airport, these are caused by the staff employed by the airport, not Ryanair. My only beef is that on one of my flights we had two male flight attendants who were so helpful to an elderly lady who had had a fall in the airport. They could not have been kinder to her and her family.