Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Bezuidenhout Coenraad    (South Africa)

28 August I flew FR611 from London to Derry. Ryanair is the only airline flying this route. I therefore had no other option. Not travelling with a printer, I needed to obtain a boarding pass at the auto check-in point at the airport. Ryanair refused to issue a boarding pass before I paid an additional 70 pounds, almost the same price I paid for the ticket. I could have flown to Belfast and taken a 65 pounds taxi to Derry and still be better off. Attendants refusing to make eye contact said it was Ryanair policy and failure to pay would mean refusal to board, yet I am still unsure how I was supposed to know this. It therefore came across as an express strategy to extort funds from passengers. Ryan Air's majority passengers being budget travellers makes this particularly mean- spirited. In all my travels, I have never encountered any airline penalising customers for having to issue a boarding pass. I count myself lucky I never have to make use of Ryanair's services again, and will actively dissuade anybody at risk of having to do so. The only unpleasant experience during a two week UK holiday and therefore one I recount often. I tried submitting a complaint to the airline directly, but the only way of doing so is via snail mail.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by S Shaw    (UK)

Stansted to Dublin, 20th Aug 2013, returning Dublin to Stansted, 24th Aug. Stress free flight, only a small delay on the return flight. Book reserved seating makes it less of a scramble well worth the 10 per seat.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by C Horrox    (UK)

Just been on holiday to Mallorca, flew there with jet2 they were hassle free, no problems, and back with Ryanair. The aircraft Ryanair had us in felt old, it looked like an old military transport inside. Staff were miserable, especially at boarding, when I tried helping my grandma put her hand luggage in the metal box sizer, she got all uppity because I was blocking other passengers! I am never flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2013 by W Sargent    (UK)

Travelled to Rhodes from Stansted. Coming back was like a cattle market! All crammed into a waiting area, so hot, people pushing and queue jumping, priority went through and some passengers that were not priority pushed their way in and were not stopped, what is the point of paying when you can just push in? The aircraft was filthy and I had to sit with my feet in biscuit crumbs, crisps, bread crusts, empty drink bottles - it was disgusting. Even when the seatbelt light was on people kept getting up and fiddling with their luggage. Also when the cabin bags were checked, many of them pushed and shoved their bags in the testing rack - so much so that one man pulled his handle off and threw it across the airport floor! This testing of cabin bags does not work as several should have been in the hold but these people wanted to get away with paying and were arguing with the airport staff who jut let them through, therefore Ryanair is losing out on payments for luggage and honest passengers are paying the price, it needs to be sorted!

Ryanair Customer review :  10 September 2013 by T O'Connor    (France)

Took late flight Marseille - Palma on 737 800 with hand luggage only. There were no checks on size or weight. This was the same with a later Vueling flight I took except some of the passengers on that flight had more than one bag and others were plainly oversize! Departure and arrival were both a little late, it had plainly been a long day. That said I have no complaints, the fare was excellent value, the red wine I purchased was not expensive and was good quality. This was my first experience with Ryanair and I am amazed that the fare was only a little more than the taxi fare from the airport into town.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by D Harrison    (UK)

Lanzarote to Manchester, 6/9/13. When we arrived at Lanzarote airport, informed of a delay. Baggage check in was an abomination with people having to open their luggage in the queues to take out items. When we eventually managed to get through the farce of baggage check in, we had to open our hand luggage and remove laptops etc, but at the same time had to take our child out of his buggy, fold that up and put it on the belt then pass ourselves through security scanners whilst our 2 year old son was left to his own devices. Was waiting over half an our in a queue to actually get on the plane at the gate! On the flight only 1 end of toilets was available and people were having to queue behind the stewardesses selling and blocking the aisles! I would never recommend this airline! Don't pay to pre book seats as there was only 50 people on our flight going out so you could sit where you wanted. I'd rather pay more to go with a 'reputable' company.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by J Talbot    (UK)

Flight Birmingham - Montpellier - Birmingham. People need to remember they get what they pay for - you pay cheap you get cheap and that includes staff, crew, seats, food etc. Do not moan, just follow the rules.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Angela Swanwick    (UK)

I flew back from Malaga with Ryanair on 30th August and had no problem whatsoever, printed my boarding card as instructed, right amount of hand luggage etc. The cabin crew were polite and did their job efficiently. I would not hesitate to book with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by E Brownlee    (UK)

Edinburgh - Bordeaux, for a week's holiday returning on Saturday 6 September 2013. Ryanair does not, when you add it all up, save money at all. All the extra charges add up to the point where any saving is completely cancelled out. The staff couldn't care less about customers, except as in flight cash cows, and clearly the airline is not keen on attracting repeat business!! On both legs we were herded like cattle. Bordeaux luggage collection was unbearably slow and there is no access to toilet facilities in the big shed that passes for a terminal - Ryanair don't have access to the main airport terminal. On the return leg, we were kept waiting for 40 minutes, standing, in a queue to board, once again in the big shed, with no apology for the delay, no air conditioning or fresh air - gruesome!! I cannot see us travelling in this way ever again, as it is just too unpleasant for words.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 September 2013 by N Hobbs    (UK)

Having used Ryanar for the past 3 yrs travelling to Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Reus I we can only fully recommend and thank them for their fast efficient service. This is a budget airline and all extras are stated on booking on their website. For all those who wish to pay over the odds eg. extra 700 per family to fly to a destination then book Thomson or Thomas Cook however we used these one way to Reus and had an hour and half delay compared to every flight with Ryanair on time or usually 10 mins early. Some people just like to complain if you have a young family and want to sit together pre book seats or alternatively use Priority Boarding. I only wish Ryanair flew from Cardiff airport as we would save even more travel costs however it is worth the trip to Bristol as you could never fly a family of 4 from Cardiff for 700 to Canaries. Look forward to booking our next trip!

Ryanair Customer review :  6 September 2013 by W De Mattia    (Italy)

There and back from Treviso TSF to Malta MLA last March. Both legs the plane took off late but landed on schedule (with the trumpet-announcement). FAs rude and impolite. No IFE. Flight pleasant thanks to skilled pilots. You're going to pay almost for the air you breathe on board! Anyway, acceptable discomforts for such low ticket fare. No doubt, whatever its limits are, Ryanair helps to move across Europe very cheaply.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 September 2013 by C Lo-giudice    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Sicily, we are a family of 8 with 6 children under the age of 12. The flight was fully booked and all 8 of us were located all over the plane, even the 2 year old was sat with strangers. Staff were unhelpful and rude, there was not enough room for the hand luggage on the plane so all 7 of our cases were put in the hold so we had no food or nappies. Staff were trying to sell things the whole flight, we would probably have been better to reserve seats but for 8 people would not have then been a cost effective flight, would not go with them again, not one case for anyone was checked for either size or weight going to coming back, maybe that's why they couldn't fit all the luggage in the cabin!

Ryanair Customer review :  5 September 2013 by A Howarth    (UK)

Manchester to Murcia return, 15th - 22nd July 2013. I travel very regularly to Spain and I am always very happy with my Ryanair flights. People who moan about such things as size of bags etc annoy me - all the requirements are made very clear at booking. If you don't like it, don't book - and probably pay a lot more!

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by G Davis    (UK)

Luton airport to Trapani. Flight was on time. Not that cheap after all extras added. Very poor seat comfort. Cabin size bag (used GATE8 Luggage), therefore avoided fees associated with baggage check-in. Staff were at best indifferent.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by B Mistry    (UK)

My family flew out with Ryanair to Fuerteventura. From my experience the flight, cabin crew and departure and landing was just as good as any other airline we've used. We printed out our boarding passes and check all our luggage was correctly weighted. Had no problems or issues. I would not hesitate to book a flight with Ryanair again. The only complain I had was that the food prices on flight were expensive.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by M Stokes    (UK)

Kos-Stansted. Our first time on Ryanair, and I have to say, never again. Stress re-packing our 52kg luggage into the correct number of bags after a day on the beach. Stress getting the hand luggage re-weighed. Stress standing crammed into a much too small area with all the other cattle. No facilities (refreshments or toilets) in 35 degree heat for 45 minutes. Stress barging through to the plane. Stress with the bright lights, and constant announcements. No quick hostess service followed by a dimming of the lights so you can sleep. Awoken every 20 minutes to an automated scratchcard announcement. Uncomfortable seats which seem to have less padding than others. I landed with a headache, which wrote off the following day. Quite frankly it's not worth the saving to put up with the constant barrage of sales attempts.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 September 2013 by S Fowler    (UK)

Travelled from Palma to Bristol yesterday. Got on the plane after being pushed out of the way by hoards of mad passengers rushing for a seat, only to find no seats available. Not a problem generally, but when you have a six year old and only single seats available, it was a bit tricky. The crew were useless and only seemed interested in pre-booked customers! Got a seat after walking up and down looking lost and no thanks to the crew! No issues going over, but not good coming back. Why can't they let the kids on first. All they care about is money. Last time with Ryanair (after using them for years).

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Marie McCarthy    (UK)

Bristol to Palma on 22/08/13. Followed all of the baggage restrictions even paying the extra 60 to book my sons small bag into the hold and booked our seats. Flight staff on the way over were very difficult to understand. When we arrived in Palma on the return, told we had to pay 60 euros each as we didn't have boarding passes. I had tried to check in online the day we flew and still there was no option to print any further boarding passes. She could see on her system that I had booked 7 seats and accessed the system but said at it was my fault and that it was an easy system. To add insult to injury I had a message on my home answer phone advising me I hadn't checked in, this was left whilst I was still on holiday!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2013 by K Sayers    (UK)

Prestwick-Wroclaw, perfect both ways. Staff spot on, landed early. I always arrive early at airport with a cabin bag. Toilet before t/o. No at or drink on flight. Boarding pass always torn half way. good aircraft, good crew.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 August 2013 by L Whyatt    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Tenerife and back. We read all the instructions, stayed within the weight limits and measurements and arrived with the correct number of items of luggage and had no problems at all. Aircraft was clean and tidy, staff were efficient and polite. The food and beverages seemed adequate although we did not purchase any. We did not have reserved seats but we sat together on both journeys. My advice, just use your common sense and you will find Ryanair as good if not better as any other airline, they are efficient and cheap.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2013 by J Porterfield    (UK)

Flew recently Edinburgh to Bordeaux. Outward was good, although had to wait very long one for luggage. Return trip was awful. The new Billi section where the cheap airlines operate is, once through security, tiny, poor toilet facilities and passengers crammed in like sardines. Announcements impossible to hear, queues for the gates mingling with people in the shopping areas and once at the gates, even tighter than sardines. I understand you have to know what you are doing and what to expect with cheap airlines but I will avoid them if I can in future. This experience was stressful and very uncomfortable. To make things worse the staff on return flight were unfriendly and the food was disgusting!

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2013 by M Kaur    (UK)

Malaga to Birmingham. All our luggage was under the maximum weight and fitted in the cage. My grandmother was with me and my family, she is disabled and needs a wheelchair. During boarding the staff asked us to wait until the end of the queue for us to be boarded as my grandmother was with us. She had her handbag with her with all her necessary medication in. The staff then very rudely told us that we had an extra bag, while we tried to say that it was important as it had her medication, the staff began to raise their voices and hurry us. when we fitted the handbag into a cabin bag it needed a bit of a push to get into the dimensions cage, the attendant then shouted that the bag was too big and she made us pay 60 euros for the bag. When finally on to the plane there was no space for us to put our luggage and the air hostess kept saying that your luggage is too big and they are not cabin cases. The family had to sit away from each other including my grandmother. The attendants' attitudes were so rude, overpowering and rushed that I nor my family could think of what to do or say. This last part of our family holiday was utterly ruined by this. We will never fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2013 by Jordan Morgan    (UK)

I flew twice with Ryanair, first time was from Liverpool to Warsaw (LPL-WAW), second time was from Liverpool to Barcelona (LPL-BCN). No words to describe the quality of the service provided by Ryanair, simply disgraceful! Gate staff and cabin crew were incredibly rude and impolite, Don't bother buying "priority boarding", they just bus everyone to the aircraft together and you do NOT get on the aircraft first. This is just another money making con from Ryanair. Delayed during boarding in Warsaw, we were left standing like a pack of animals not being told what was going on or when we would be boarding. Prices onboard were appalling.