Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Simon Oakley    (UK)

I booked a short break for two to Marrakech and living so close to Stansted airport bought two returns with Ryanair for a brilliant cost of 118 several months ago. As the trip date approached I received an email from them stating that the return flight time had been brought forward by 7 hours with no reason or explanation, and a short one line of apology buried in the small print. As this was a 3 day trip I elected to cancel and have a refund as I felt that it was unacceptable without explanation to curtail a short break like this. I re-booked with BA from Gatwick at an additional cost of 60 for two.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Anastasiou    (Cyprus)

I had to take 4 flights along with my husband over the Christmas and New year period traveling with others from Paphos to Dublin via Stansted. Unfortunately there are no direct flights from Cyprus to Ireland. My parents informed me of new flights starting from April 2014 from Shannon by Ryanair but unfortunately Paphos was not on the list yet again we seem to miss out in Cyprus! I really can't understand why Ryanair hasn't taken over the Irish route since Helios stopped and then Eurocypria stopped there is no airline covering this route. I've never had a problem with any staff member or been unhappy about the service.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 January 2014 by J Brady    (UK)

Booked a flight from Birmingham to Trieste a few months back. Had an email last week saying this route had been cancelled. Advised to contact customer services. English seemed to be their 3rd language. I was paying for the call albeit Ryanair had inconvenienced me, not the other way round. After 4 'phone calls I managed to get someone who both spoke snd understood English. The route in question was very popular but Ryanair want people to use Stansted and are gradually withdrawing services from regional airports.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 January 2014 by K McWilliam    (UK)

Flew FR6621 / 6622 to Tenerife from Edinburgh (return). First and last time I'll use this airline - total rip off. Stood for an hour at Edinburgh check in then another 45 minutes at the gate in the hope my wife and I would get a seat together (why should we pay extra for this?). On board is a joke, leg room and general scope of the seating is ridiculous. All cabin crew were rude and only wanted to sell things. We heard about the seat belt signs coming on for turbulence just before the trolleys come out and sure enough this happened twice on the way out and back, apparently an old Ryanair trick. Return check in at Tenerife was ridiculous, 5 Ryanair flights being checked in at one time through 3 desks, that's nearly 700 passengers. No Ryanair staff on duty and no one is interested in what you have to say. Usual stampede for seats together, again why should we pay for that privilege? Its standard with everyone else. More rude cabin staff on the way home which cemented not only ours but a lot more people on boards perception of Ryanair - never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Y Mirindi    (Belgium)

BUD-CRL. It seems like Ryanair is doing a great job trying to change the bad image is has. Both flights on time, leg room was much better then Wizz's A320's. Boarding was done very efficiently, crew friendly, and pilots were very informative.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Z Beckett    (UK)

FR555/552 Manchester-Dublin 30/12/13-02/01/14. I fly quite a few times a year but this was my first time with Ryanair, so I was interested to compare. I have to say if you follow the rules that are made very clear to you well before departure you will have no problems. There were a few people who hadn't printed boarding passes or their cases were far too big for the cabin and they were moaning about being charged to check them in etc. Yes the fees for printing are totally ridiculous for printing a sheet of paper, but just don't get yourself in that situation! I had booked an exit row seat for an extra 10 which included priority boarding. I have to say it was worth it, especially being tall. I arrived at the gate 45 minutes before the departure time to see a huge queue waiting for the boarding to start. The priority boarding queue was empty so I walked straight down and waited for around 15 minutes. Then a member of staff came over and said would you like to come forward we are ready, after my pass was checked the barrier for the others was opened. I boarded the plane first after a few minutes wait at the bottom of the stairs of the plane and got settled whilst everyone else boarded. I'm not sure if this system works if there is a bus to catch to the plane? One benefit of being nearer to the front of the queue is getting seats with family/friends and having space to store luggage as many people we struggling to find places for their luggage once the plane was filling up. The flight was comfortable and crew were fairly friendly but seemed in a rush to serve drinks and were quite sharp with a few customers who were asking for a drink of water. The people in front were drinking their own alcohol and were sharply told that they couldn't consume their own alcohol on board. Overall, I found the experience far better than expected even though the service of other airlines isn't present but the price was far far lower! I would fly Ryanair again especially as their flights seem to have few delays and they are bringing in allocated seating.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Bradley Philip    (UK)

I have used Ryanair every 4 days since July 13 and their punctuality and reliability has been excellent. Their service has improved, less annoying announcements just the on arrival wake up call to go! Sometimes the on board entertainment is excellent. However I still travel extremely stressed, I still wonder what will go wrong, what will the staff find wrong. Top tip do not be mean pay extra for a reserved seat. Food pricing still a little pricey.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mark Wroblewski    (USA)

My last trip with Ryanair was Modlin-Hahn-Modlin at the beginning of December 2013. Both flights were excellent. Each time I'm in Europe I indulge myself in city hopping. It's only possible thanks to Ryanair's prices. You get what you have paid for: Affordable and safe transport from A to B. Pros: Price, modern planes, efficient and friendly cabin crew. On time arrivals. Cons: If you have additional luggage you have to pay for it. Make sure your carry on meets the exact size requirements. Seats are a bit tight, but for the price I paid I can live with it Comments: If you are budget conscious and adventure oriented definitely go with Ryanair. Really good airline to choose if you like to travel.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Green    (UK)

Ryanair never cease to plunge to new depths in customer experience. Always looking for a new way to con passengers into falling foul of a regulation so they can extort money to bring their cheap fares in to line with the proper airlines. This time we made sure we packed a bag within the regulations, got priority boarding and then had a rude stewardess snap at us to remove the bag and coats from the over head locker to make room for (oversized) late boarders bags - then try and take my bag into the hold!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Mark Farrelly    (UK)

Travel monthly Liverpool to Dublin, the most recent the flight from Liverpool could not land due to storm force winds. The 3.20pm flight eventually left at 10.20pm - 5 euro refreshment voucher. We queued for the flight at 7.05pm but that was cancelled for technical reasons. Passengers were offered transfers to flights to Manchester or Birmingham or the 10.20pm flight. I suppose not their fault but instead of asking passengers who wanted to go to Manchester to go to one desk and the others at another desk I was told "first come first served". Strange thing was the late flight could cater for all the passengers who were going to Liverpool so the technical fault saved them a flight to Liverpool. The 10.20pm flight was a nightmare with about twenty males all drunk and swearing and having to be advised by cabin staff to behave, to be fair there was no alcohol sold on the flight. I will continue to use Ryanair as they are cheap but when possible travel on early morning flights you miss the stag/hen/football fans. I am looking forward to the allocation of seats so no more stampedes for the departure gates and they are only doing what Easyjet and Aer Lingus currently do. On this trip can only score 4 but have had plenty of tens over the years.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 December 2013 by E Kirwan    (UK)

My mother 85 years of age travelled on 22/12/2013 from Dublin to East Midlands. I had requested wheelchair assistance, she received the utmost care and attention from the moment she arrived at Dublin airport to collection at Nottingham. My sincere thanks to Ryanair and to their kind staff that tended my mother throughout.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 December 2013 by P Batista    (UK)

Today Sunday 22/12/2013 I arrived at Manchester airport terminal 3 at 6.30pm. I was surprised by a big queue, I was in that queue for about 10 minutes without moving anywhere, a member of staff comes up and says (ladies and gentlemen we are evacuating to terminal 1 for security reasons), so I thought I was going to be late. I asked this gentlemen who said not to worry as all flights were delayed. When we got to terminal 1, after 10 minutes nothing had been said, I went to see a member of staff and asked for information. I was told to sit and wait until I get a call. At 9.00 pm I went and asked again and I was told to wait, 5 minutes later a lady came to me and asked if I was flying to Faro ans was told to follow her. There was when I found out I had missed the flight, my plane had taken off at 7.45 pm. I fly with Ryanair regularly - very disappointed.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 December 2013 by J Sangha    (UK)

EMA to Reus, FR6608 on 12/10/13 and Reus to EMA, FR6609 on 15/10/13. I used priority boarding, all good, on time, good on board service. No problems at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Gatos Spyros    (Greece)

SKG-STN-SKG return flight, Boeing 737-800. Full flights on both sectors. Clean cabin, friendly crew, prices a little expensive i think. Seats not so comfortable for a 3 hours flight and especially if the flight is full it gets worse. Overall, a good experience if you get a good price.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Peter Driscoll    (UK)

I have flown over 10 times with them! They provide a reasonably comfortable, safe and above all inexpensive flight to a good variety of destinations and those who complain have usually griped over some issue they always had control over ie. printing boarding passes, luggage allowance etc. Grow up people for heaven's sake, recognise a great facility when you see one.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Tsagkalidis Nikolaos    (Greece)

The first time I travelled with Ryanair my problem was that they were trying to find a way to make you pay 50 euros for your bag because it would not fit in their box, so I paid them the 50 euros. Second time I bought extra baggage so to be in the clear. I Flew from Thessaloniki to Milan and it was ok, they were still looking at your hands for luggage trying to find a way to charge you with something. On the way back from Milan to Thessaloniki I arrived at the gate at 7.10am (due to a general strike in Milan + an accident on the road), the plane was leaving at 7.25 am, despite the fact I told that I was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances the pilot refused to board the plane 15 minutes before take off.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Carl Trigg    (UK)

My girlfriend and I arrived early and were treated to a lengthy queue at Stansted before a manic rush for seats ensued. Does the company not realise that not allocating seats will cause this? It flares up tempers and causes the whole plane load of passengers to be angry from the start. I stored my hand luggage in the overhead compartment and when I eventually got (semi) comfortable in my tiny seat I was asked by the cabin crew to move my bag from the overhead compartment to under my seat. I am 6.5ft tall and I explained this to the cabin crew that I would not have any room for my legs if I did this. Both the outgoing and return journeys were the same with absolutely no comfort whatsoever and incessant adverts being played to us offering to sell e-cigs or take part in exciting competitions. Any food on offer was overpriced. The return flight from Venice (the out of town airport) was akin to my Army days in Northern Ireland. Normally reasonable people cooped up like battery hens in a hot and stuffy room forced to stand for 2 hours waiting for Ryanair to sort their act out. After 2 hours the queue system we have ourselves put in place started to crumble and people began to flare up. Once the doors opened it was literally a stampede. Dozens of angry sweaty people paying for the privilege of running a race. I was exhausted by the experience. They have absolutely no regard for your comfort or well being.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 December 2013 by D Whyte    (UK)

Day trip to Bremen 10th December from Stansted. As ever Ryanair was punctual and efficient. It is a flying bus from A to B. There is no ceremony involved. Ryanair has a couple of simple rules about baggage and to have your boarding pass before you arrive. If you can't arrange something as simple as printing out a piece of paper and complain that you have to pay for luggage on top of your massively cheap air ticket to begin with then just don't fly with these people. I'm off to Morocco next from Stansted for less than 70 return. One small backpack well within the limits with a few pairs of jeans and some T-shirts rolled up, neatly folded up colour printed boarding passes and remembering to sit on the right hand side of the aircraft to avoid the sun blazing through the window for the morning flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 December 2013 by M Davis    (UK)

First time with Ryanair. Just me and my two young grandchildren, we did have priority boarding but was still worried. Flew from Birmingham to Tenerife, no need to have worried but was glad I had priority boarding, more so on the return flight. Would use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Neil Harvey    (UK)

Tenerife to Manchester. Flight left on time and arrived 5 minutes early which they brag about on landing. Heavy landing at Manchester and hard braking as I believe there is an "early turn off" on the runway to allow them to get the gate faster and offloaded/onloaded quicker? First time I have used them for a while and the gaudy yellow and blue cabin interior is a bit hard on the eyes but the crew were friendly and efficient and the legroom and leather seats were better than the Monarch flight we flew down on. They will be better once they allow you to pre book a seat rather than the scrum to get on! Will use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by C Clark    (UK)

London Stansted to Fuerteventura, out on 20th November and return on 27th. First time with Ryanair, won't be the last. From the online booking, priority boarding, getting on getting off the whole experience was brilliant. Had a lot of negative comments from people before we traveled, we found it hassle free and relaxing. Staff were friendly and efficient No complaints.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Richard Lateano    (Spain)

The bad press surrounding Ryanair proved to be totally unjustified on my round trip Madrid-Cagliari-Madrid. Check- in and security was the quickest and most polite ever (especially at the dedicated check-in/security at Madrid. Boarding was orderly and uneventful (both in Madrid and Cagliari). We left on schedule and arrived early on both segments. The flight attendants were professional, polite and friendly. No negative comments at all and I'll be only too happy to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Boy    (UK)

We returned from Gran Canaria to Stansted on the delayed flight (by 2 hours 20 min) on 7/8 December. The passenger next to me was drunk (shouting and carrying on) when he got on the plane. He then drank at least 10 miniature Bacardis and Pepsi supplied enthusiastically by cabin staff. Mercifully he fell asleep but did not fasten his seat belt during landing although he then stood up while the plane was still moving quite fast. There was no inspection of seat belts by cabin staff before landing nor was he told to sit down. Our seats were near the emergency door where passengers are supposed to assist with evacuation. He was a big man who was in no state to assist and would have been a serious hindrance if there had been an emergency. Clearly the policy of the cabin staff is to sell as much booze as possible and not bother with basic safety or the comfort of other passengers.