Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Ryanair Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Tommy Baxter    (UK)

Flew from Faro to Stansted on April 11th. Only one desk open for Bag drop off took over 2 hours to queue, then no time to get a snack boarded plane with kids and flight had run out of most hot and some cold snacks. My autistic 12 year old cried and went melt down as a result non stop all the way back to London.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 April 2015 by P Roberts    (UK)

Ryanair baggage policy and terms are very clear but on recent flights there was evidence that it is enforced. On the flight out to Seville it took 30 minutes for the cabin crew to make space in the overhead lockers because of the number of oversized bags. On the return flight to Stansted our luggage, which complied with the policy, along with the baggage of a third of the passengers was put in the hold while many oversized bags were put in the overhead lockers. If Ryanair have a policy they should enforce it.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2015 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Over the past month I have been on four FR flights. The first two were short hops to the UK and back, the first of which (to Manchester) the trolley service didn't even make it to me due to the short duration of the flight which I didn't really mind. The flight back from Bristol was a mess and possibly the hottest plane I've been on in quite a while. Overall the service wasn't too bad, they left on time and popping cabin baggage into the hold at the last minute is a great idea, really speeds up the boarding process once you're on board. Just back from Barcelona, the flight over was as good as any but they ran out of certain items so one wonders what pax on the way back did for food and certain drinks and frankly, the seat stays comfortable for just about the duration of the flight. Turns out I didn't have to wonder what the pax on the way back did, there was barely even a bottle of water left on the plane I flew home on. The inflight service from the the back was incredibly slow which probably had something to do with the fact that the crew in this section clearly did not get along. This was maybe due to the lazy attitude of one of them who declared quite audibly that she wasn't walking back to the galley to fetch something as she "couldn't be bothered". I've been on a couple of FR flights in the past while where the cabin crew did not get along nor try to hide it at all which is something they could look at somehow. On the whole though, I don't mind flying FR, once you know what you're at and what to expect then you shouldn't have a major issue.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2015 by J Jones    (UK)

Enjoyed a wonderful nine day break in Spain/Portugal. This whole break was marred by the Ryanair who think its acceptable to charge 140 euros for a two minute process of online check in which I had already done - funny how all our personal/passport details were already there along with the 'premium' seats I booked at the time of online checking in of our return flight. As we were in remote places with an old blackberry phone we were prepared to pay the still unreasonable boarding pass printing charge. Ryanair are in the position where they can hold you hostage until you pay. Their trump card is the fact we all have to get home even if it means paying a ransom to get there and they are not interested in considering the 'customer' might be right.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 April 2015 by F Barrett    (UK)

Edinburgh to Pisa 14/4 returning 16/4. Excellent service at check in and in flight from Ryanair staff and flight crew. Enjoyed the coffee on board, smiling efficient and helpful cabin crew as always.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 April 2015 by England Michael    (UK)

Flew from Luton to Malta, April 1st. Plane late arriving but we were kept on the apron in the cold for the best part of an hour. No apology or explanation. We then missed our slot so another hour delay. To add to our misery plane had 20 or so "ravers" who were in a loud and lively mood. Stuff being thrown around no chance of any peace and quiet. Cabin crew did speak to the main perpetrators with little effect. These selfish idiots should not have been allowed on the plane as they were the worse for drink. Never had a flight like it.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Eileen Kerrigan    (USA)

Four of us flew from Stansted (London) to Dublin on Good Friday, April 3, 2015. The gate crew and on-board crew were all friendly, cheery and helpful, the plane itself was surprisingly comfortable (muchmore comfortable than the United 757s we flew to/from Dublin the week before), and on-board food and beverage choices were decent and not horribly pricey. We departed promptly on time, arrived on time, and getting on/off was efficiently managed by the crew. Nearly everyone else on our flight was part of a huge school trip (kids about 12-14, plus their "keepers"), and the crew members were great with the kids - kept them as organized as possible, and were flexible about changing seat assignments so that friends could sit together - very nice to see! Here are the only two reasons I didn't give Ryanair an overall "10" rating: 1) I received mobile-phone alerts reminding me to do online check-in and get mobile boarding passes. Sounds easy enough but after four tries, I was still unable to input our information - no explanation given. Finally, on the fifth try, it worked: I added all of the requested info (passport numbers, etc.) for our party and then got a message saying "We are unable to issue mobile boarding passes" - again, no explanation at all. Since I didn't have access to a computer or printer, I began to panic, especially after reading that there was a fee of 70 pounds per person to check in at the airport! Thank heavens, our B&B owner came to the rescue and offered me the use of his personal computer and printer to complete the online check-in and print boarding passes. 2) We arrived at Stansted with more than two hours to spare before our flight, got through security in record time, and began checking the boards to see which gate we'd depart from. We sat down in the Coast to Coast restaurant to grab brunch while waiting, all the while keeping an eye on the Departures board, but out gate number wasn't posted until 15 minutes before departure time! Worse, it turned out that our gate was a nearly 10-minute walk from the restaurant, so all of on this flight had to do a mad dash for the gate at (almost) the last minute. I've never, ever seen a gate number posted so late in the game, especially when the gate was fairly far away - that was just baffling. Other than those two glitches, however, the Ryanair flight was a great deal for the money, and I'd certainly fly them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2015 by John Ragg    (UK)

Flying home yesterday from Dublin, flight FR 664, I felt unwell on arrival at the airport. We came to gate 105 and my wife spoke to the two check in girls to see whether we could embark first. They suggested, that as we had pre-booked seats that we wait until everyone was on board, to save queuing. They kindly organised a wheelchair, and the cabin crew assisted me up the steps and into our seats. They also stowed our cases quickly. They also arranged for a wheelchair at Birmingham. We had wonderful service from everyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Cath Heys    (UK)

After returning from Lanzarote yesterday with my family (3 generations) I was concerned about flying with Ryanair after all the bad press. However, the flight time was good and the price was even better. I did pre-book seats as we were travelling with grandparents. The flight was ok. The crew were polite and helpful, but despite offering an extensive 'cafe' service, the only food available was a hot panini. As others have mentioned, families were split as the flight was full, then these people expected others to move so they could be together. I was not asked, but others were annoyed. The flight was delayed and I lost count of the times the cabin crew and pilot stressed it was because of earlier problems at Manchester Airport, not their fault. Minor niggles, but t made for an uncomfortable atmosphere. All in all, the crew were polite, the flight was good (only an hour delayed), and the seats were fairly spacious.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Sandra Eyles    (UK)

We flew Bristol to Girona and back. Flights left on time and arrived early. The cabin crew were helpful, polite and cheerful. Priory boarding at Bristol and Girona was hassle-free and efficient.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 April 2015 by C Barkei    (Luxembourg)

Manchester to Brussels during the French strikes. Ryanair continues to deliver what they promise and they are to be commended on that. Online check-in and only hand luggage meant that we were through security in under 10 minutes. Flight was delayed because of the strikes, but the crew were cheerful and entertaining. If you follow their guidelines you don't really have an issue. We've flown 6 times with them in the last year (with pre-booked seats and priority boarding) and not really had a problem at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Gerard Perera    (Sri Lanka)

Flight 2094 and 1672 for the return. 2nd-3rd April. Flew from Porto to Lisbon and back again. I was not expecting much given how little we paid for out tickets but was pleasantly surprised. Boarding at Lisbon was hectic and somewhat like an airport in Mumbai but that may just be the airport. Planes land, passengers walk out and you board in all of twenty minutes. Fast and efficient. Flights were on time and pleasant overall. Seats comfortable and quite roomy, accommodating my 6'2 frame easily but of course they don't recline. Print out your boarding passes always, goes without saying. Unbelievable value for money if you follow the Ryanair formula and abide by their constraints.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Wendy Downes    (UK)

I fly with either Ryanair or Monarch at least once a month. Ryanair check in make me feel like a second class citizen as I often need a wheelchair. I have been made to stand away from my husband whilst they check my medication bag. I offered to bin it but they argued that my letter states that I need the injections. I now go without it if I fly Ryanair much to my consultants dismay. The last time the wheelchair assistance helper even had to speak to the check in desk as they were so rude to me. It's cheap so I put up with it but that is all they have that makes me use them each month.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 April 2015 by D Senior    (UK)

Travelled back from Dublin to Leeds on a flight that was supposed to arrive at 17.30 on 31/3/15 but after 2 x attempts at trying to land in Leeds we were eventually diverted to Liverpool. This was due to strong winds and was a safety precaution, fair enough I hear you say. This isn't really my gripe but the after care. The cabin crew told us that coaches were being laid on and would be a few minutes to arrive after around an already 1hr delay, however when we went to the Ryan Air desk, the representative advised she knew nothing about the 120+ passengers or any coaches! After being kept waiting she eventually told us that some coaches were being arranged, what happened to the one that were a few minutes away? After a 3hr wait sat on a cold floor (no seating) the coaches turned up and we were face with a 1hr 45m journey to Leeds. When asked for tokens for water and a snack, the rep advised everyone there weren't any tokens. Absolute terrible aftercare. Ryan Air: We've got your money, now you are on your own. Never, ever again.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 April 2015 by Donnelly Chris    (UK)

FR9885 from Derry to Liverpool on 30 March. This was the return to my trip made on the 22nd. The flight departed about 20 minutes late due to a delay on the inbound flight, however we landed bang on time. Well done to the pilots. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful, as always. If you don't check in a bag, I really do think it's worth paying the extra £10 for priority boarding and a premium seat, as it makes your journey a lot smoother and more comfortable.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 March 2015 by Buckley Anthony    (Spain)

A recent return flight with Ryanair from Barcelona to Tenerife North. Full flight both ways, cabin crew friendly on both flights. Two bar services during 3hr 20mins. Paid 68€ return, no luggage, good value for money. Idiots holding boarding up as incapable of sitting in their allocated seats and then having to get up again and move around the cabin. Not Ryanairs fault. Stupid travelling public!

Ryanair Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Donnelly Chris    (UK)

Flight FR9884 from Liverpool to Derry on 22 March. This was my third trip on this route, and just like on the previous ones, the flight left in good time and landed 15 minutes early. The crew on board were friendly and welcoming, as always. Ryanair has not once let me down. They're efficient and punctual, so for that you can only love them. I'm not understanding why they get as many negative reviews as they do.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 March 2015 by A Angell    (Norway)

Flying from Oslo Rygge to Stansted several times a year. Never any problems, Flights on time or even before schedule. Last trip 18 March to London and return 23 March. Flight attendants friendly and service minded. An improvement when Ryanair scrapped free seating and allowed one more item of hand luggage.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 March 2015 by S Patterson    (UK)

Very unhappy with Ryanair, we were unable to print off our return boarding passes until we were actually on holiday in Spain, it took us 2 hours. To do, unknown to us we had not paid for our baggage on our return flight and it cost us 40 euro, this would have been avoided if we were able to print our passes from home. Unfortunately Ryanair wanted us to buy our seats then we could print off our passes, but at £16 a seat - shocking, Ryanair you should be ashamed. Let us print off our information before we fly, who wants to be bothered will all that on holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 March 2015 by N Saunby    (UK)

Return flight from Manchester to Rome, £58 return plus extra legroom seats over the wings for £10 each way, bargain. Both flights on time and smooth, didn't buy any food or drink and enjoyed the extra legroom. This was my 3rd flight with them and would book again, they get you there and back on time and at a good price.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Yevheniy Kahanovych    (Ukraine)

Last week I flew Ryanair for the first time. I didn't expect much from low-cost so I wasn't disappointed in any sense. The flight was from Gdansk to Stansted. I purchased priority service and 15 kg hold bag allowance. At check in desk they spent 5 minutes checking my documents since not many non-eu travelers use this service. They even printed me a "conventional" boarding pass. At the gate there was an expected 15 min wait in a crowd on the stairs leading to apron. Not pleasant for parents with crying children all around, but bearable for solo traveler. A short walk to the plane, then got to my seat. Since it was an exit seat, can't say anything about standard legroom. What I had was fine. No seat recline. The seat was ok. Announcements were not noisy. Flight took off late and landed before schedule. I didn't buy anything onboard. Long walk on arrival. Bag on the belt when I was off the immigration. Don't have an idea what if things went wrong, but what I got for my money was predictable and trouble free. Other options from Gdansk to London were Wizzair known for carry-on charges or conventional airlines with higher prices and transfers at major hubs. I preferred direct service. If took 2 hours and 68 USD to take me from G to L.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Martin Bradley    (UK)

Flew Dublin - Budapest return. No problems whatsoever. Packed flight took off and landed on time both directions. You do not pay for the toilets, no one forces you to buy anything on board, nearly every airline charges for hold luggage and seat selection. Not Ryanair's fault if a school party has purchased seats.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Heesom Kathleen    (UK)

FR1449. We flew with Ryanair on Sunday 15th March from Lanzarote. This was the 1st time we have flown with Ryanair and it wont be the last, and I think the bad press they get is unfounded. Congratulations on a good 1st flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 March 2015 by L Eaves    (UK)

No nonsense, good value and on time! However, was disappointed that they wouldn't provide me with a glass of water without my paying £3. Understand about charging for everything else but I think that they should be able to provide a glass of water, especially given all the health benefits and the need to keep hydrated.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Tony Durcan    (UK)

I used the new business class when booking my flight mainly due to the price. Whilst the cost is reasonable to be honest it wasn't worth it. I didn't take luggage so no cost benefit to me. At Stansted I did get through security about 10 minutes quicker. Priority boarding going out was standing on the Tarmac for longer. The return from Morocco didn't give me any benefits as whilst the priority boards were first onto the bus to get to the plane, everyone else was on the bus so we had to stand in a long queue. I do feel you should provide a hot drink and a snack at least as part of the package. Regardless of this the staff as always are helpful and kind. This experience won't put me off using Ryanair but may just stick to economy as the business cost is too much for too little.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 March 2015 by D Goldie    (UK)

Had a positive and pleasant experience flying to and from Tenerife South from Edinburgh. Better than our last two trips with Jet2 and Thomson. If you read the rules and follow them there is no problem. Priority boarding was adhered to so no stampede needed. The staff were efficient and pleasant. I will definitely use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 March 2015 by G Watson    (UK)

FUE-EMA, 05/03/15. Yet another excellent flight. No hassles at airport, good service inflight, bang on time landing. For a snip fare why complain. Only gripe is with those passengers who don't pay to pre-book seats but expect those that do to move so they can sit with their kids. Last 2 flights from FUE have had families creating because they want to sit together. Here's a hint, pay like the rest of us, then you can, and you wont have to resort to insulting the crew to get your own way. Crew by the way handled the situation brilliantly.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 March 2015 by M Seguin    (UK)

As a non-EU passenger who lives in London UK, I have to fill out a landing card whenever I am coming home. With any other airline, landing cards are offered to persons like myself, during the flight. This saves time filling it out later at customs. However, they are never offered on Ryanair. On a recent flight home from Gdansk, I decided to ask the crew for a card, since I figured that they would not voluntarily offer one. The crew member stated that they would bring one, and did bring me some sort of card which was half in Arabic, half in French, which appeared to be for passengers arriving in Morocco. It was completely different to the standard form. Later in the flight, I spoke to another member of the crew about it, pointing out that it was the wrong type of card. She giggled and mumbled something about hanging onto it 'just in case.' I pointed out that she was not making any sense. How hard would it be to carry some landing cards on the flight? If this is for some reason not possible, then perhaps the staff need better training in terms of what to do if a passenger request one. Perhaps they could simply tell the passenger, 'sorry, we do not carry those on-board.' The whole episode was just silly.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Tom Smith    (UK)

After a speedy boarding (as you'd expect from a budget airline) we went onto the plane. Inside was an eyesore. Bright yellow everywhere and everything was cheap and 'plasticy.' Bright, horrible advert were everywhere - even seat backs - and you had to pay for a newspaper. The food was expensive and the service below average. The seats were cheap and flimsy and uncomfortable. You weren't allowed to get stuff out of the overhead lockers for some reason. Even though our flight was just over an hour it was awful and I will never fly with Ryanair again. Yes they are a budget airline but the only reason you'd fly with them is if you were skint.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2015 by K Philpot    (UK)

After many years I finally got my husband to travel on Ryanair. Due to flight times he finally agreed. On the way back from Alicante, Sunday 22 February we were pleasantly surprised to get through booking in speedily and then board all in good time. There was an announcement was that the plane was fully booked. We couldn't understand this as we were surrounded by empty seats. Then it was announced that they were waiting for some passengers who had been delayed. The next announcement was that the passengers were 70 Spanish schoolchildren. Eventually after 45 minutes after departure time the plane finally left. The landing and take-off resembled a roller coaster ride with much screaming and shouting. I'm not sure who I felt most sorry for the cabin crew or the passengers. The teachers made no effort to quieten the children.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2015 by C Lloyd    (UK)

Ryanair is the only airline that flies from Bournemouth direct to Malta, so great so far as very local. However the purchasing of tickets is laborious and time consuming. The cost of the flights easily double should you reserve a seat (standard elsewhere) or want to stow luggage in the hold (standard elsewhere). The cabin crew were unbelievably poor and one even had a broken shoe, ripped trousers, un-ironed shirt and jacket and tie that was thrown on. Looked like he had been pulled through a hedge backwards - never seen anything like it. About to start the onerous process again for this years holiday as flying locally is great but oh, why don't they just try to raise their standards, they should be ashamed of their business as it stands.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Anna Marie McGinley    (Ireland)

I travelled from Dublin to London recently. I had a fractured ankle and needed to use a wheelchair. I asked Ryanair for special assistance through their online chat site and I couldn't have got better treatment anywhere. They made my journey so easy as a wheelchair user. Everyone was helpful and made me feel very comfortable and in no way a nuisance. This was the same in London and Dublin.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2015 by George McLaughlin    (UK)

Flew from Aarhus (Denmark) to London Stansted on Sunday 15th February. Flight punctual but flight crew unfriendly and had an issue with a child occupying one of the emergency exit seats but who's fault is that when all seats are allocated prior to boarding? Never once did I see a smile from the two female crew and seemed to see passengers as a necessary evil of their daily job but the male steward was more approachable but he had a ticking off about something with the in-flight catering by a more senior stewardess in earshot of myself which was most unprofessional. If you just want a flight then great, but if you expect to be treated as a valued customer steer clear.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Eleanor Boston    (UK)

The boarding process seemed entirely disorganised and very little information given regarding the flight's delay. When in receipt of information, impossible to hear what was being said as engine noise was too loud and flight attendant too quiet with a slight language barrier. I wouldn't have known if there was any sort of emergency or if things were running smoothly! Which leads me on to the abrupt attitudes from all flight attendants, not only this but please ask them to smile once in a while they are, after all, working in customer service.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Y Mirindi    (France)

Excellent flight once again on Ryanair, certainly the most consistent low-cost airline. We departed 10 minutes late but arrived on time, cabin crew were friendly and very efficient in convincing people to buy food. The seat pitch is much better then Wizzair or EasyJet.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Ucfaaay    (UK)

I had a return flight London Stansted to Athens during February half term with Ryanair. I paid exactly as I expected as I did what Ryanair asks - checked in online and print boarding passes at home. The flight out was very busy and we were told at the gate that our cabin baggage would not be allowed in the cabin. However, taking a small bag on board was not an issue so we could take books etc onto the aeroplane. The flight left STN around 20 minutes late, which happens, so arrived slightly late. However the return flight landed early. The cabin has enough space for me at 6 foot tall and despite being a four hour flight it was fine. I can't knock Ryanair as the return trip was under £100 including all the fees. Bargain.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Mark Smith    (UK)

I was booked on a flight from Birmingham to Dublin today. On all other flights, being a small hop flight, you can turn up an hour before the flight, do a self-service confirmation, get your ticket and get on a flight. I arrived an hour early and was told I had missed my flight! I asked the helpful airport staff and they directed me to the Ryanair desks. 50 minutes to go - no staff on any of the 5 desks. When I enquired further, the airport staff told me that since I had not checked in on-line, they had closed the flight. They would not be manning the desks again until 10 minutes after my flight left. They told me that even if I could have booked in on the self-service (Ryanair only) terminals, I would have been charged an extra £60 for checking myself in. My advice? If you are a business traveller, never use Ryanair. The lack of any customer service is appalling. I would rather pay a lot more for a seat with a company that cares about its passengers.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 February 2015 by G A Hall    (UK)

There is a first and last time for everything. I reluctantly booked a flight from Gatwick to Dublin with Ryanair and I should have taken notice of all the negative reviews first. I was out of Internet connection for 6 days prior to my flight so could not do the final booking online. I thought I would be able to do it when flying Norwegian but still could not access Ryanair website. I had 1 hour to get a boarding pass printed but after standing in line at the one Ryanair counter in Gatwick I had run out of time. Ryanair insisted I pay £70 for printing out a boarding pass. The original ticket cost less. The result - I will never fly Ryanair ever! Everything is geared to make money from the moment you sit in your chair.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 February 2015 by S Carroll    (France)

I have recently made two return trips on Ryanair. I am 6 ft 5 in (1m95) tall. Whilst I recognise that I am taller than average, I am by no means unique these days. When the pilot said we should sit back and enjoy the flight - I was unable to comply. I was travelling with my wife. Had I not been then I would not have been able to contain my legs in my own space allocation. Recently the seats seems to be even more upright allowing less space still. I was not able to turn the pages of my tabloid newspaper adequately in the space between my chest and the seat in front and the newsprint was so close to my face I had to remove my spectacles to read it. Altogether a bad experience and I am questioning whether I will continue to use Ryanair in future.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Lorraine Kirk    (UK)

FR8386, Jan 30. FR8387, Feb 2. Just come back from a long weekend in Majorca, paid £75 for two return. I lhave been on lots of cheap flights in the past 15 years, about six per year! All been great, been to places that would have been unaffordable in the past.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 February 2015 by M Venables    (UK)

I didn't have high expectations for this airline, having used them a couple of times before, however on this trip (Stansted to Berlin and return) they actually performed quite well. The outbound trip was on time, the return about half an hour late. Seats are not that comfortable but are bearable for short flights. It was worth paying the supplement for extra legroom seats and priority boarding. Staff on board were helpful and courteous, Food purchased on board was ok and the coffee excellent. The only let down was the poor service in the airports at each end, but this was outside the control of the airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Phillips Chris    (UK)

Logged into the site to print out boarding cards three days before flight from Stansted to Lanzarote and told that normal seating couldn't be booked until the Sunday were due to fly out at 7.15 am. So I had no option other than to pay an extra £20 for 'allocated seating', which turned out to be no different from normal seating. Friends have also reported this experience. Also been caught out by paying travel insurance because to opt out of this is not made clear. Used Ryanair frequently and they are good in term of price and punctuality, but I'm always wary of 'tricks' they can pull to extract more money.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 February 2015 by D Jackson    (Spain)

I'm embarrassed and confused to find myself writing a positive review on of all airlines the dreaded Ryanair! I've flown them a dozen or so times and always found them punctual, clean and friendly staff, generally value for money. The sales pitches were pathetic but seem to have been mostly removed. Seat pitch at around 23 inches is terribly uncomfortable but Monarch is much worse. 29 Jan 2015, FR3208, Manchester to Malaga. Manchester airport suffering from a 1 inch 5cm snowfall they were unable to cope with causing many delays and cancellations, this is not the airlines fault just plain bad airport management. Arriving very late for the flight due to traffic delays, the friendly gate staff smilingly allowed us onboard (45 mins after boarding began). As soon as we boarded the Capt announced a 30 min delay. Calculating a 5 hour delay I immediately asked to be disembarked - the capt responded immediately arranging stairs and ground crew. In minutes we were off with helpful crew around. As we entered the terminal the airport announced closure, and the flight delayed by 90 minutes plus. Fact was it departed 4 hours, 46 minutes later. We cancelled our seats. A few hours later I received an email advising that I could claim a refund or another flight. I opted for a refund and a few hours later received confirmation the refund had been processed!

Ryanair Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

London Stansted to Riga, 28th Jan out and 30th Jan back. Once again, an avid Ryanair fan like me gets a bargain of a ticket for £39.98 return! 2060 mile return journey for this price, you cannot fault it! Play by the rules, it is a piece of cake! Coming back we were 1.5 hours late due to snow at Stansted, but easily forgiven because an airline cannot control the weather!

Ryanair Customer review :  28 January 2015 by R Garcia    (Australia)

MAD-CIA. Last minute option but the experience was good for the price paid. Departed and arrived on time. The only issue is the stewards trying to sell too many products during the trip.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Melanie Pearse    (UK)

On a flight back to the UK from Dublin last night (26th January) we were surprised and pleased to hear that we would arrive back 20 mins ahead of time. On arrival at Gatwick the stairs were moved to the door ready for us to disembark but there seemed to be a problem and the cabin crew did not open the door. We sat there and waited and waited but not once did any member of the cabin crew explain to us why we were still sitting there. Eventually after some considerable time we used our own initiative and used the exit at the back of the plane. At no time did the Ryanair staff say anything! So much for Health and Safety. Seats were cramped and uncomfortable but as I am only 5ft 4ins not too bad for me but must be horrid if you are tall with long legs. Will try not to use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 January 2015 by M Tobin    (Canada)

PRG-STN. Get what you pay for. Was mildly annoyed when I checked my reservation and saw that my only options as a non EU was to print my own boarding pass, why no mobile option like everybody else? Check in desk was opened an hour before boarding and manned by one person. On the other side (for premium members?) there were 2 more employees but they were too busy giggling and messing around to consider taking a few passengers off the hands of the sole employee for economy. he was very friendly/quick and didn't seem at all jaded or phased that it was him vs 200 plus people. As I was in the front of the line my wait was short. The flight was full and everybody seemed to have carry on that well exceeded the limit so I was glad I paid the extra and checked my bag. Nobody was called out re succeeding the luggage limits so overhead space was at a premium but they got it all stowed. Cabin comfort was average and flight crew were pleasant enough. Arrived on time/luggage was offloaded quickly. All in all it was still a great price and well worth the money for the convenience of a short direct flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 January 2015 by William Hannah    (UK)

On the morning of 14/1/2015, were flying to Malaga on flight FR655 from Prestwick. We were called to the departure gate, the aircraft could not have been further away from the gate, we had to walk around 100 meters in terrible rain and sleet. The wind would have cut you in two, to make things worse the aircraft was loading from the front only, by the time we got onto the plane we were soaked to the skin, this is no way to treat passengers. I do not think I will use Ryanair again. The seats are so close it is hardly possible to stretch your legs.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Eric Howell    (UK)

East Midlands to Malaga If you follow the rules you get a cheap flight but at what cost. The seat is poor even for budget airlines with the leg room the worst I have known in 30 years flying. Then there is the width. Yes I am a big chap but I have never had to ask for an extender belt it went no where near. Dignity lost, but cheap fares and safe arrival.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2015 by L Morby    (UK)

FR2111, Oct 1st 2014. We have flown with Ryanair many times (EasyJet as well). Between them they are generally the cheapest way to travel. We've never had any problems at all. It clearly states when you book and in later emails you have to check in online. Its not rocket science. Its a no frills budget airline so why should you you get free food and drink? The cabin crew have been ok on our flights. They often use airports further away from the main cities. Again it clearly states this in the airport code name! Cheap fares, no frills, mostley on time and a safe airline. That's all you need.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Glen Hull    (Australia)

Without doubt the worst airline that I have flown with. We had to check in at the airport and although my wife's check in went through in time mine missed by a couple of seconds and for this we were charged 70 euro's each. My wife was allocated a seat in the second row and I was allocated a seat in the very last row even though there were plenty of seats vacant together elsewhere in the plane. There was no organisation with regards to queues re both checking in and boarding the plane. When we landed we had to wait for ages to disembark as the ground staff forgot to bring the steps out for the front of the plane and then when went through customs we were asked for our landing passes which we did not have as they were not given out by staff as they were supposed to be. The seats were the most uncomfortable that I have sat on and the staff were not very friendly at all. You are better off paying extra and flying with someone else, we will never fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2015 by David Jackson    (UK)

Unbelievable value, Stansted to Vasteras (mid-central Sweden) for £49 return. Flight out on time, small delay return. Hand luggage taken no problem. Flight crew were good but I couldnt understand their English on return flight. 737-800, decent plane but difficult to use toilet if you are a standing male over 6 feet tall.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Richard Allsop    (UK)

Today I had the displeasure of flying with these bunch of amateurs. It is 13th January today and it was very snowy and cold at Knock. Ryanair staff as usual left us all standing in the snow outside the terminal building for ten minutes. It was bitterly cold and those of you who don't know Knock it is very open to the elements. It was freezing. We eventually boarded and we sat for 1 hour 50 minutes whilst waiting for an explanation as to why we were sitting waiting to depart. We were told that Knock airport staff were clearing the running when out of the sky arrives an inbound flight. Neither the cabin crew or the flight deck crew told us anything other than there was going to be a ten minute delay. Just not good enough especially as during the delay the cabin crew were to the front of the plane talking and joking rather than looking after their passengers.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Barbara Norford    (UK)

After spending Christmas with my family in Uberlingen Germany, my husband and I struggled back to Memmingen Airport for the Ryanair flight back to Stansted on 27th December in freezing blizzard conditions and it was no surprise to us or other people waiting for the 14.40 Stansted flight, that we were advised there was at least an hour's delay in the arrival of the Ryanair flight out of Stansted. Eventually it arrived and we were called to await boarding. We were then told to cross the tarmac to the plane for boarding. However, when we reached the plane we were not allowed to board. There was a barrier over both entrances to the plane. The whole plane-load of passengers were kept outside on the tarmac in windy freezing conditions for about 15 minutes. There were babes in arms, tiny children, and elderly people standing outside a plane we had been given permission to board in freezing conditions. People in the queues were shouting to be allowed to board to no avail. When I returned home, I wrote to Ryanair: requesting an explanation as to why passengers were called to board before the plane was ready, when the plane was parked just outside the Airport buildings and also asking that the explanation be passed on to all adult passengers aboard that flight. I thought that would be the very least they could do. Ryanair sent an acknowledgement of my letter saying they were looking into the matter and I have not heard from Ryanair since.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Burch    (UK)

Lanzarote one way flight from Bristol, 8th January. A handful of minutes late departing and arrived Arrecife half an hour early. Totally uneventful flight. What more do you want?

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2015 by U Kelly    (UK)

Ryanair is fine to fly most of the time to get from A to B and if you can go hand luggage only. But that isn't always possible and today at Alicante the Bag Drop was pretty shambolic and stressful, having to queue for more than an hour to drop off a case, with people getting more and more frantic as the clock ticked by. It might have been because they had about 6 full flights scheduled one after another in a 2 hour period and only 3 desks for bag drop off. Plus they were charging everyone who was even just slightly over the weight which led to queues being at a stand still as people tried to rearrange their luggage or go and sort out the extra payments. If this is a frequent occurrence (will be watching as am a frequent flier), I will definitely avoid Ryanair as much as possible in the future. I will and have paid the premium for the extra business fare but the huge omission is that there is no priority drop off. Unlike Easyjet who give priority at bag drop if you have speedy boarding/easyjet plus. Makes the business fare bundle all a bit pointless since you have allocated seats anyway. If Ryanair introduced a priority drop-off as an optional extra I would happily pay it rather than stand in a queue for an hour.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Jones Alexa    (UK)

Rome to London Stansted, 31 Dec 2014, cabin crew never greeted or smiled as we boarded plane - looked very fed up and engaged in no personal chat during the flight. Very uninterested and worked more like zombies going through the motions. Flight was good and would travel with them again. I paid £136 return - it might be cheaper than other airlines but surely the staff represent the airline and what did this service say about Ryanair?

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2015 by T Merry    (UK)

Malaga to EMA, due to snow we were told we would be diverted to Stansted Airport. Subsequently we were provided with a coach back to EMA. The second half of this journey proved very challenging due to the snow but we arrived at EMA 3.5 hours later. Although very stressful at the time we appreciated the speedy response in getting us to EMA.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2015 by J Brady    (UK)

We have flown Rysnair on the Birmingham - Trieste route 2 or 3 times a year for the last 4 years. This route hasn't appeared for 2015 and having contacted the airline all it can say is "keep looking". This simply isn't good enough. Ryanair will know already if it will operate this route this year. I suspect they want passengers to book alternative routes but Stansted really isn't an alternative for us. We live in Staffordshire and petrol plus car park fees would cost more than the price of the flights. Come on Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Dean    (USA)

Tallinn to Milan, first and last time flying with Ryanair. Ryanair is by far the worst airline I have experienced in terms of customer service, fees, and travel experience. This was our first time flying with Ryanair and after booking our flight we were traveling often without internet service, when we got to the airport to check-in 2 hours before our flight, we were informed that there would be a 70Euro fee/person! We had no email from Ryanair about the need to check-in online 2 hours before departure. The online check-in cut-off time is arbitrary as it serves no purpose other than a deliberate tactic by Ryanair to extort additional funds from paying customers who at that point have no alternative but to pay and board the flight. We then were forced to wait in a crowded gate area and our flight departure was delayed by over an hour. During our time at the gate, several Ryanair "customer service" agents made their way through the crowd demanding that some passengers must check their carry-on luggage. Almost every passenger with more than one carry-on item was ordered to leave their additional carry-on at the ground by the plane to load in to the hold. After making our way across the runway in freezing rain and snow, we slowly made our way up the outdoor stairs to the plane only to be met with a surly male steward who was talking with a staff member instead of greeting passengers. All of the staff were rude and only spoke to passengers to ask to purchase items. Every item, including water was provided only for a fee. We arrived in Milan only to be told that we had to sit on the plane to wait for a bus to take us to the terminal. One bus came and filled with passengers. We were in the back of the plane, so we had to wait another long period for another bus. Bottom line - this was the worst travel experience in my 30 years of global travel. Yes, the airline industry has changed significantly to cut costs and keep fares reasonable, but there is no need to intentionally make customers feel worthless. I will gladly pay more for a flight to not be extorted for additional monies and to have a smile and a friendly hello delivered by the airline staff.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J Dare    (UK)

I have no issues with Ryanair. Given how cheap the tickets are, I think the airline offers a good deal. Ok the seats aren't the most comfortable and the cabin crew are expected to sell, sell, sell but who cares. I can get to many European destinations for less than the price of a return train ticket to London (just 50 miles away from where I live). I am happy put up with a few minor inconveniences for deals like this. Just one minor gripe - I hate the recorded fanfare when the plane lands early or on time.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 December 2014 by I Wallace    (UK)

My wife and I live in Spain and had booked a flight from Malaga to Stansted and a return flight from Stansted to Malaga some five weeks later. The night before our flight out of Malaga I duly went online to the Ryanair website to do the Online Check In. I filled in the flight details and submitted it, then there was on option to print the Boarding Pass, however I didn't have a printer my apartment, so I assumed that since I had submitted the details, all would be fine. This was not the case however. On arrival at Malaga Airport the next day we went to the Ryanair check in point, that was at least 100 metres away from any other check in desk, (probably so that other passengers could not hear any passenger complaints) We were asked for our Boarding Passes. I said that he had checked in online, but had no way of printing the Boarding Pass. The Ryanair representative said that her computer was not showing that the Online Check In had been done. Although I insisted that I had submitted the Check In form online there was no way that I could prove it. The Ryanair Online Check In requires that the submit button is clicked on numerous times, as it wants to sell extra luggage allowance, hotels, car hire and selected seats. If the submit button is not clicked on by-passing each of these selection options then the Online Check In does not go through. The Ryanair representative said that we would have to pay 70 Euros each for not submitting the Online Check In and for printing the Boarding Passes, but as an alternative we were then told to take our laptop to the Ryanair Information Desk where they could have 15 minutes of free use of the Wi-Fi to find the details. The Wi-Fi was password protected however and the Ryanair staff member was not exactly showing any signs of wanting to help. I am of the opinion that it was extremely difficult, if not impossible for a passenger to be able to retrieve the data. With time to board fast approaching we had no option but to pay 70 Euros each, a Rip-Off total of 140 Euros to print two boarding passes. No wonder that several review sites describe Ryanair as "The World's Most Hated Airline".

Ryanair Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Austin Jones    (USA)

Round trip from Barcelona to Porto for 38€ direct. Unbelievably cheap. The service this year is much better than prior years. Follow the rules and expect the worst and you will be pleasantly surprised. Print your pass ahead of time, get your passport stamped and only take a carry-on.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 December 2014 by M Simons    (Greece)

Although some people had not spoken very well of Ryanair. I have the opposite to say. In both destinations in Athens and Stansted I found the staff very polite and very helpful. They were very organised and I was pleasantly surprised. The seats on the aeroplane were not too comfortable but for a short trip it didn't matter. The plus point was that travelling with a small child the arms of the seat lifted up and being flat it was easier for my daughter to sleep on the journey. The only down point that I could say is that the staff talking on the intercom I could not understand very well their English or Greek. This could have been a fault of the intercom. I found them excellent and compared to other airlines very competitive. It was the first time I had travelled with them and would do it again. I gave fair for value for money but that's because all flights from Greece to England are far too expensive. Please bring the price down or make more offers.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 December 2014 by D Booth    (UK)

Manchester to Dublin and return December 2014. On time clean budget airline, £72 for 2 people return? Bargain. Follow the rules and you can't go wrong.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 December 2014 by John Fairclough    (France)

BCN to STN return. I used to dread flying on Ryanair, though in practice I had very little choice. The last year has seen a major improvement as a result of their charm offensive. Gone are the rugby scrums to get the best seats, the petty case weighing, and the inflexible enforcement of rules. Most of the recent flights I've been on (these two included) have been pretty full, but there's been the opportunity to move to a less crowded section, in spite of the usual 'not allowed due to weight and balance of the aircraft' nonsense trotted out by the purser at the start of the flight. I was surprised on the outbound sector that they used the jet way piers at BCN, thereby loading from only the front door, and rendering the boarding process rather chaotic and long-winded. First time I've ever seen this on a FR flight, and you can see why they prefer a front and rear door approach. As always, both flights were on time, and it may just be that I've become immune to them, but the intrusive sales related tannoy babble during the flight does seem to have been cut back. As others have said, if you stay within their rules, flying Ryanair can be reasonably pleasant these days. May it long continue.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Brady    (UK)

Outbound from Birmingham - Trieste on 11th Sept, returning 25/09. This continual drivel about paying for boarding cards at the airport. Why do people persist in doing it? Print the boarding card before you leave for the airport. It's that simple. Priority boarding, why? All seats are allocated before you walk up the stairs. I travel with Ryanair 2 or 3 times per year. No complaints. The main complainants are passengers who cannot follow a few simple rules. So why blame the airline for their own inadequacies?

Ryanair Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Holmes    (UK)

Have flown with Ryanair many times over the last few years, at least 15 flights, cancelled once due to heavy snow but very efficient at rebooking for the next day although a different airport - travel expenses refunded. Other than this no delays over a few minutes and generally time made up during the flight. Although we are not tall - 5ft 4 and 5ft 7 no problems with legroom, size of seats. As long as you know the restrictions around bags size should have no problems at all - made very clear on their website.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Craig    (UK)

Flying from Stansted to Lanzarote in November, we were unable to land owing to extreme weather conditions, diverted to Fuerteventura where we sat on runway for two hours before flying back to Lanzarote. Flight back to Stansted was cancelled on two days owing to bad weather during which time passengers stayed in the airport and given food vouchers every two hours. Transport was provided to 4* hotels on both nights where meals were provided. Finally, on flight to Stansted, landing was delayed owing to a security alert, so we had to circle for about half an hour. Overall a bad experience, but not Ryanairs fault, and during whole time, Ryanair flight crew were brilliant. I will certainly have no problem with flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J King    (UK)

Travelled from Bristol to Tenerife on 29/11/14 and returned on 2/12/14. Recently travelled with Ryanair for the first time and found it a pleasant experience. Online check in extremely easy and bag drop off and boarding quick with little queuing. Slight delay on way out but this was made up and arrived on time. Return journey left on time and arrived early. Would travel with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Priday    (UK)

Flight delayed by over 50 hours from Lanzarote - initially due to bad weather (Friday only), little information and updates forthcoming coming from Reps in airport and via UK - conflicting information given out to relatives in UK causing further distress/confusion. Special Assistance (pre-booked) disappeared after first check-in with little or no consideration for long hours and movement through airport during the 50 hour delay. The Crew definitely did not know what the passengers were going through, the airport didn't want to know and the Rep for Ryanair who delivered the news on the Sat evening that no overnight accommodation was available for remaining passengers said "I hate my job, I hate being here, I hate breaking this news to you" before saying sort your own accommodation, after being in the airport for over 12 hours, or your will be forcibly ejected when the airport closes overnight! Oh yes, a holiday hell experience, never to be repeated at the hands of Ryanair hopefully - I will not give them the opportunity!

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2014 by J Henderson    (UK)

NCL-DUB-NCL. Return flights from Newcastle to Dublin, both on time, worth the price (£50 return), comfy seats, good legroom for the price. Only thing bad is the card machines never seem to work on any of their flights which was a letdown as I had no cash. Would definitely be using Ryanair again and would recommend this airline to anyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Cameron Macrae    (UK)

EDI-AGP. Awful experience, rude cabin crew, no on-board snacks (free or to purchase) Ryanair are desperate to find fault or earn extra money. Unless you want the person in-front of you basically sitting on your knee then try easyJet or BA.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

London Stansted to Oslo Rygge on November 13th. £19.99 one way including taxes, you can't go wrong with Ryanair for a nearly 700 mile plane journey. Flights on time as usual, straight forward flight. Ryanair are very much on- time or early every time I fly and I use them 5-6 times per year. Follow the simple rules, relax and enjoy the flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Robert Perry    (UK)

Recently flew Ryanair from my local airport London Stansted to stay at a friends apartment in Paphos. I visit Paphos regularly and many times fly in to Larnaca as there are more flights to LCN and make the 90 minute drive to the West Coast resort. However for convenience of a bargain flight and an airport about 12 miles from my doorstep STN I flew Ryanair. On this occasion I have flown this route with this operator before for pure convenience as opposed to the BA LHR to Larnaca flight I took in August offering all scheduled services, meals beverages etc. Ryanair offer basically a seat and free use of the toilet, everything else comes at a price and experienced over four hours of constant sales. The seating cramped. For a medium hall flight just over four hours I found the 737-800s seating too cramped. But for economy and convenience Ryanair offers what it is a no frills basic airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 November 2014 by L Stone    (UK)

We were a party of 4 that flew out to Malta from Bristol on 2nd November 2014. I had pre-booked seats and needed special assistance as I had broken my leg 4 days before travelling. We had no complaints at all about Bristol, everything went smoothly. However Malta was a different story on our return to Bristol on 9th November 2014. We had no bags to check in so went straight to the Departure section. Though I had pre-booked our seats and we should have had priority it was like a free for all, the operative walked around the queue collecting boarding passes. I again needed special assistance and was subjected to a lecture from the Maltese operative because I had not checked in for this assistance. Nowhere on the boarding pass did it say I needed to check in, just go to the departure gate. I informed the flight crew that I could not walk to the rear door (our seats were at the front) but no notice was taken of this and I had to wait until the cherry picker was brought to the front. A very officious young lady informed me I was delaying the plane as the next flight could not load. When we returned home I found an email dated the 4th November (we flew out on the 2nd November) informing me what I had to do to obtain special assistance. Not satisfactory to send an email after you have already arrived at your destination.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Chown    (Spain)

Bristol - Malaga on 21 November 2014. Perfectly good flight, left and arrived on time - yes, it's a bit spartan, seats don't adjust, no reading material but then the price is the attraction. Rather amused by the cabin crew asking those boarding to "hurry up as others are standing in the rain" - if Ryanair used the ramps, no-one would be in the rain.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Rahn Ricardo    (UK)

London Stansted to Frankfurt Hahn on Nov 8th, return Nov 11th. This is by far the worst airline I have flown and I am 59 years old and have travelled all over the world in many different airlines. The customer service can not be worse, respect for the customer (after you have paid) is horrible. They are charging 70 British Pounds for printing your boarding pass, or sitting you in a crowded airplane with uncomfortable seats, with crew members that are air merchants who charge you extra money for even a glass of water. Also, after you have paid for your ticket, or are in the process of paying, they come out with a series of add-ons that when you end paying, this nightmare of flights from third class airports like London Stansted or Frankfurt Hahn, end up costing you the same or more than flying with a prestigious airline like British Airlines or Lufthansa from a premium airport.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Garner    (UK)

Flew LBA to Riga. What's all the fuss about Ryanair. Stick to the rules, print your Boarding Pass before you get to the Airport and everything is fine. Clean modern 737-800, both outward and return on time. Cabin Crew very pleasant. Cabin Manager very keen on safety aspect - which is good. Why do people leave their seats when the seat belt sign is on I do not know. Well done Ryanair - will certainly use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by S May    (UK)

Flight to Tenerife Sur, for 15 nights, and returned on 8/10/2014 - absolutely no complaints regarding flights, both ways. Both on time, booked seats for extra comfort and staff were courteous and efficient. However on return to Glasgow (PIK) it was torrential rain. We were put off the plane onto the runway to make our way into arrivals. Within a very short time we were soaked and to add to this an overflow pipe was gushing water ensuring we were thoroughly wet through and adding to our discomforts! Not good enough Ryanair, this could have been a perfect 10 a little more customer care and consideration is necessary.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hagan James    (UK)

Have flown Ryanair from Bristol to Dublin return now for last six years (10/11 flights per year with other flights to Portugal and Spain in between). Only on one occasion have we been unreasonably delayed, all other flights have been on time or indeed often a little early. The price is right and if you abide by the Ryanair terms and conditions you will have no problems whatsoever. Their planes are always well maintained on the interior and, looking at their reliability record, all round also. With regard to IFE, legroom etc you get what you pay for and cannot complain. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 November 2014 by George Bouzidis    (Australia)

Athens - Thessaloniki, 17/10, Flight FR1066. Thessaloniki - Athens, 20/10, Flight FR 1067. Aircraft always full. All fees, charges and extras up front. Ready for take off within 10 minutes of first passenger setting foot in aircraft. Cabin crew move like greased lightning. Punctual. Aircraft emptied quickly. Be absolutely certain you have boarding pass printed out before arriving at airport otherwise you are slaughtered for about 75 quid each which is about the total cost of a cheap printer.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Malone    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh -Gdansk return. I didn't pre book seat but was allocated one free. This meant I could print off boarding passes at home for both legs of journey and with 10kg hand luggage (plus handbag) there was no queue to stand in at airport just straight to security. Fabulous! Liked the fact there was a priority boarding queue even though I wasn't in it. Boarding front and rear of plane. Very efficient. Flight on time. Plane clean and seemed plenty of room for everyone's luggage. The seat on the plane was one of the most comfortable I have encountered on a short haul carrier and I even managed to have a very relaxing shut eye. I have travelled with Thomas Cook several times recently and the flights were very uncomfortable. On outward leg of this journey I was at a window seat and was invisible to cabin crew, however, on return journey at aisle seat crew very pleasant and helpful. Overall, very impressed, excellent value for money and will sing Ryanair's praises to family and friends.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Max Kropiunik    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Charleroi and back, with wife and daughter. The flight only lasts an hour and 10 minutes so it was OK. We had no luggage to check in and had booked priority boarding. The flight was punctual both ways. The flight crew was polite. The reason that at times they have to be a bit pushy is that people take an eternity to get settled and low cost airline have to stick to strict time schedules. I hear lots of horror stories about Ryanair but I assume that if you stick to your part of the deal it is OK. I think for a short flight that we took it is very cost effective and one can overlook some small niggles here and there.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 November 2014 by S Leonard    (Ireland)

Knock-Faro-Knock, 23 Oct. First time I've flown from Knock Airport, found it so strange as everything was so near, no long corridors etc. Was with my mother who needs a wheelchair, all assistance good. Was very wary of using Ryanair as normally travel with Aer Lingus especially with a wheelchair, I needn't have worried as everyone was very helpful. Fantastic that you can book seats, I went for "PREM" seating rows 3B/3C outbound 2B/2C inbound. Faro based Portuguese crew on both directions and they were excellent, only gripe is selection of food/drinks is only average, but I found they have improved immensely since I gave up flying with them about 3 years ago, I would certainly use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2014 by N Harvey    (UK)

31/10, FR293 from Stansted to Dublin 19.40. Left it late to advise gate 88 instead of 49 - loads of panting passengers. Also they have a very relaxed attitude towards schedule and timekeeping. Sat for ages awaiting confirmation of passengers etc prior to takeoff. Ryanair customer service appalling as staff members more interested in selling priority seats than helping people who had missed flights due to traffic problems. Oddly we sat there waiting for one passenger - how does that work? I am now looking to avoid Stansted as its like a third world airport.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2014 by S Cooke    (UK)

Barcelona to Birmingham, FR9162 31st Oct. Love Ryanair, so much better now with allocated seating and the extra bag makes so much sense - can now take my handbag and my small suitcase on with no problems. Had more of a problem with Monarch - I had to empty the contents of my handbag into my duty free bag - what a waste of time as I was still taking same amount on to plane!! Well done Ryanair for sensible rules.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Trevor Nesbitt    (UK)

Dublin to Lanzorate to Dublin in October, flights cost almost £1000 for 2 people. Boarded the plane, took our seats, I'm tall and ended up looking at my knees for the duration of the flight. Looking for somewhere to put my newspaper and the other normal things you bring onboard - there was no little pocket at the back of the seat in front of me, with the result I had to pile everything on my knee, leaving the tray table in a very awkward position. The lady came around with drinks, I ordered a coke which turned out to be the smallest can of pepsi in the world for 2.50 euros. No frills, 100 per cent, low cost, not really. Would I fly Ryanair again? Not unless I was really pushed.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jean Mann    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham to Barcelona last month, excellent flight and service. Arrived ten minutes ahead of schedule. We fly with Ryanair at least six times a year and have never had a problem. Yes - there are a few rules and regulations but if you abide by them there shouldn't be any problems. We are flying to Dublin next week, return ticket less than a one way train fare to London! The added advantage of being able to take two bags as hand luggage has come as a real bonus.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Crawford David    (UK)

Paphos to Rome. FR 9697. October 31. Business Plus is a waste of money if there is a bus from the terminal to the plane since then one does not receive Priority Boarding. Also there is no Priority Deboarding so if one is in row 16/17 and there are exits front and rear, then one is last off the plane and last at Passport Control. To be of value Business Plus passengers should always board first and deplane first. This would mean that the passengers would travel in a separate bus and all the Business Plus seats should be at the front of the plane, just as in  any other airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Gillespie    (UK)

We flew to and from Cork from Stansted and had no problems whatsoever. Flights were bang on time, crew were nice.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Grinsted David    (UK)

We flew Stansted to Ancona for a few days at the end of September. A lot of the reviews here knock Ryanair but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by the service provided. Apart from that awful jingle on landing, the inflight experience was fine and the cabin crew polite and helpful. Stansted passenger handling airside is appalling, but that is not Ryanair's fault. I will definitely fly Ryanair again as long as it is hopefully not from Stansted!

Ryanair Customer review :  31 October 2014 by W Geraghty    (UK)

Flew back from Malaga on Saturday booked assistance and was taken straight to boarding gate and left there without wheelchair, when I asked how I could get to toilet was told I could walk. Waited an hour and then everyone boarded the plane which took another hour, I was put on last and as we boarded from front I was in row 30 and had to get to back of plane past everyone who was trying to get suitcases up and settled. It was a nightmare which could have been avoided if they had checked where I was sitting and put me on first. The wheelchair at Stansted had been left at front of plane, I came off from back and no one came to get me, my Mum had to go and get wheelchair and take me up to passport control.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Monaghan    (Ireland)

Flew from Leeds Bradford to Dublin. New "customer service" standards mean you don't have to queue down staircase anymore. Ryanair have decided passengers need fresh air. So we waited alongside aircraft stand in cold windy weather, with free kerosene fumes thrown in! Looking forward to the day when Ryanair learns what "customers" really are!

Ryanair Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Ayres Marina    (Canada)

I flew with Ryanair on Sept. 19/14 Dublin to Gatwick. As I had not checked in online I was told that I had to pay 70 Euros. I explained that I did not have access to a computer but that was no excuse - they said I would have to pay or I was not going anywhere. I had already paid 30 Euros for my piece of Luggage at time of booking so after paying and having requested wheelchair assistance on my original booking I was told to sit on a bench and wait. Eventually I was taken the departure gate only to be told after waiting 1/2 an hour and asking, that the plane was 45 minutes late and would be leaving from a different gate. When we finally boarded - I did have priority boarding, but that didn't seem to matter I had to walk across the tarmac to the plane and with much difficulty, walk up the steps to the aircraft with my small carry on (I was not offered any assistance) to the last row. The last straw was when we were finally airborne, I asked for a drink of water to take some medication and was told it would cost me 3 euros. Needless to say I will not be flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by B Johnnie    (UK)

Just returned from a trip to Budapest. There were 6 people in our party. My wife and I were outvoted and Ryanair was selected because they were cheaper. As first time Ryanair flyers we were extremely worried about all the hype that seems to follow Ryanair. The check in at Stansted was smooth and friendly, no waiting. The flight was 15mins late taking off but arrived early. The plane was clean and more room than I had when I flew with Virgin. No problems at all! Stick to the rules and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Leslie Cadwallader    (UK)

AGP - LPL. Usually fly with easyJet, but Ryanair had a more convenient time for our return from Malaga. Had to pay for seats in order to print off boarding passes before leaving home, so went the whole hog and paid for priority boarding as well. Didn't encounter any problems, although the boarding agents did not arrive till 10 minutes before the gate was officially due to close. No checking of hand luggage dimensions nor application of ruling to allow first 90 bags only onboard as far as we could see so the last passengers to board were struggling to find locker space. Perhaps with a late night flight staff are more concerned about getting home as quickly as possible. Almost 15 minutes late taking off but made up time en route. Cabin crew were friendly and worked hard, both helping passengers to stow bags and then later serving refreshments etc. Overall a relatively painless trip, though not as relaxing as with easyJet. Minor gripes - the "leather" seats are rather unforgiving after a couple of hours and the announcements from the cabin and cockpit crew often difficult to hear as Ryanair's Boeings seem noisier than easyJet's Airbuses and crew tended to gabble, anyway.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by I Rohman    (Spain)

FR5262-FR2345-FR2525 (SVQ-BVA-GSE/10 October) on the way back (GSE-AGP/13 October) flying with 2 kids (3.5 and 1.5). Found there are no better routes connecting SVQ and GOT/GSE, these flights were the best option. As a point to point airline, Ryanair never puts any responsibilities for any delays causing missed connections. We had a sharp 2 hrs at Paris to catch the next flight while the first flight from Seville was delayed a slightly over an hour due to extreme weather. You cannot expect a better pilot on SVQ-BVA route who was very informative and explained to us the delay causing him to change the parking three times and eventually used the airbridge. Flight from BVA was delayed allowing us to have an extra time. Return journey was fine. All in all very satisfied with the flights. We enjoyed both food along the way. They are kind with the cabin baggage. Ryanair today seems to be the 2.0 version than the one in 2000's. Very pleasant flight!

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Walker    (UK)

First and last experience with this airline. Outward flight from Leeds Bradford to Chania was OK, and if it had been the same on the return flight then we would have flown with them again. Check in at Chania was an absolute shambles, made worse by the fact I'd bought a bouzouki in Crete and was unaware of Ryanair's attitude to musical instruments. At the check in I was obliged to pay 60 Euro and had to have it placed in the hold. I accept the fact that a musical instrument can be a bit of a hazard on a plane, but it would have easily have fitted in the overhead locker. None of the cabin crew on the return flight had English as a first language, and were unable to offer me concise instruction on how I was to claim the instrument at Leeds Bradford. The menus were in Euros yet the cabin crew asked for payment in sterling, with the inevitable delay whilst currency conversions were carried out. This slowed the catering service down so much that it wasn't worth bothering with. We paid extra for priority boarding, although this does not seem to offer any priority at check-in, and is a complete waste of time at Chania, as staff try and make as much bonus as they can by finding oversize and overweight hand luggage. We were ignored by ground staff when we tried to use the Priority lane. It's a case of first come first served until one of the check in staff decides to stem the flow and call the priority passengers forward. We also paid a premium for extra legroom in row 16. The extra legroom was appreciated but the seats are very narrow with fixed armrests, and were not very comfortable at all. Also, the cabin crew are ruthless about loose items in that seat row, and my wife was made to wear a cardigan she had on her lap, until the aircraft had taken off. No doubt there will be many who are obliged to use this carrier to visit family or their holiday homes abroad, and they will have obviously conditioned themselves to flying with Ryanair, but I can assure you that so long as there is a choice we will not be repeating the experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Nyall Greene    (Australia)

Flight from DUB-PMO. Have flown Ryanair many times and so long as you stick to their policy have never had a problem. Aircraft was almost new, pleasant staff, food ok for the cost, flight departed on time both ways, usual scrum for seats although seats are allocated. You can print your boarding passes from 2 hours up to 30 days before you fly - this information is not in the fine print, it's in bold print and you even get a follow up email well before your departure date. Reading some reviews not sure that a 24 sheet billboard parked in the driveway would be a big enough prompt. We fly Ryanair every time we visit Europe.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Enrique Lama    (Mexico)

I booked a ticket from Venice to Brussels. First time at these cities. First time traveling with Ryanair. 70 Euro charge for no online check-in is abusive. This killed any savings from traveling with them. In addition both airports are quite remote from the respective target cites. Add 1 hour bus for getting to the airport and out of the air port for each city. This is awful. Would rather much fly with regular airline than them.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Turner    (UK)

Flew with Ryanair in September, been traveling with them twice a year to Crete from LBA never had a problem and always been on time - sometimes early. The foods not all that good and the seating a bit cramped but its a budget airline. We always book our seats and get priority boarding and this time fast track for a couple of quid. For all the extras we book it still works out very very cheap compared to all other airlines. It seams a bit of a rush at times but what do you want? I want to get on, get there, get off and start my holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by J Hunt    (UK)

EDI to MLA return end Sep/start Oct. First time with Ryanair after spending the last 10 years avoiding it. No choice but to fly with them due to virtual door-to-door nature of route for quick Maltese holiday with a bit of business thrown in. Was expecting the worst, but pleasantly surprised by on-time flights for both sectors, decent if unspectacular seating and lack of the patrolling of queue by staff looking for oversized baggage - it appears that they've chilled out a little. So, nothing to complain about as such, other than £4 for a 330ml can of Heineken, which I obviously passed on. Would fly again, but it's going to take a while for me to lose my prejudices about this airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Erica Adams    (UK)

I have nothing but praise for Ryanair. I flew for the first time (alone) at 75 years old, from Stansted to Alicante, and back. Nothing to write home about maybe, but, I suffer from dreadful claustrophobia, and have not used public transport for over 40 years! I did book an aisle seat and found it perfectly comfortable, the staff were polite and helpful, also fellow travellers who when I asked, gave me details of what to do, where to go, etc. Was a little off putting when my cabin case on the return journey was put in the hold, it was correct size, and underweight, and lots boarded after me with cases. I would certainly fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Shoesmith Michael    (UK)

14th October, Manchester to Ibiza, 06.15, left on time and arrived just 5 minutes late which is an exception for Ryanair as I travel with them about 6-7 times a year. The plane was a quarter full and the service basic, but the cabin crew did their job professionally. I will keep using Ryanair because their prices are extremely hard to match and their rules are simple, just read the terms and conditions and be patient, too many people criticise them because they don't know any different, well done Ryanair once again and thank you! 1000 miles of air travel for £25.99 is a huge bargain!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by John Roberson    (UK)

Used Ryanair for the first time recently, and found the experience very good. Got to destination on time with no problems whatsoever. Seat comfort was ok for the 3hrs 15min flight with adequate legroom for my 6 foot tall frame. All in all happy with the Ryanair product and will fly with them again if price is competitive.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Lowe    (UK)

Very pleased and surprised by Ryanair. First time we have flown with them. Leeds Bradford to Crete. Pleasant air crew, efficient, comfortable. Return flight 40 mins early.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by A J Hailstone    (UK)

My wife and I fly regularly from Luton to Nimes France, we are pleased to get some cheap flights and the journey is not long and we are o/k with the plane and crew, but why at Luton do the staff or authorities check our passports and boarding passes and send us outside the departure lounge to wait for the plane to be ready in all sorts of rotten weather under a flimsy open canopy.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by R Singletary    (UK)

Flew STN-CIA-STN, with flights on time for both parts of the journey. Everything was what one might expect of a low cost carrier so no surprises there. However, I missed my first flight due to 'visa check' procedures they require for those who are not EU/EEA citizens. Even though I did not require a visa for either of my destinations, their insistence on this was not the real problem however, but that they had so few agents working that this process took much longer than the security check on both legs of my journey. So, it really spoiled my experience (especially in missing my first flight which then caused me to incur additional charges to get onto the next flight) simply because they did not have enough agents working. Additionally, because they made such a fuss over 'checking visas' I would have assumed they would be able to provide UK arrival cards on-board since they would know non EU/EEA citizens need these, as I've always done this with any other flight instead of having to fill one out after landing. They however did not have these on the return flight, which meant I spent even more time at the UK immigration check simply because they did not have them.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Prust    (Germany)

Flew Frankfurt Hahn to Plovdiv and returned a couple of days later. The flights were on time and the planes were reasonably clean. We travelled with hand baggage only and didn't pay extra for seat allocation. We travel regularly with Ryanair and rarely experience problems - I find them more reliable than many other airlines. The return flight was 2 1/2 hours and I think that this is the limit that I'd be prepared to fly with Ryanair. After two hours you do start to notice the hardness of the seat and lack of leg room, but for short flights they're good.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Lamba Ishaan    (India)

I travelled from Frankfurt (HHN) to Stansted (STN). The flight was as good as any cheap airline. Can't say much about seat comfort or staff as you really don't expect that from them. Really new to the concept of bringing your own boarding pass from home and being charged if you don't. I'm pretty sure there will come a time when these airlines would want you to bring your own seatbelts and oxygen masks. The ground staff very strict for checking your baggage weight. First at the check-in, then again after the security check which was an inconvenience and didn't really make sense. Overall, it serves its purpose of getting you from point A to B.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Alex Gaw    (UK)

Excellent flights to and from Prestwick to Palma. On time, quick check in at Palma - stick to rules and no problems ever. Its the people who are the problem - 5 flights in 3years never a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J Andrews    (UK)

Once again a brilliant flight to Tenerife. No problems whatsoever, we fly with them for family holidays at least twice a year and have always found the staff to be very helpful. We are already looking for our next holiday and will definitely be flying Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Crisp Jacqueline    (UK)

We went to the check-in desk, friendly young lady and once on the plane we were seated together, hand luggage no problem, plenty of leg room for the first time ever my knees did not touch the back of the seat in front of me. The cabin crew were attentive and there was a choice of reasonable priced food and drink. Coming back, printed out boarding passes in hotel and had seats together again. All the bad press Ryanair receive as far as we are concerned is completely unjustified, just keeping fingers crossed me writing this has not put the mockers on any future flight we may have with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Schmidt    (USA)

I'm a first time user of Ryanair. I don't mind that the plane is crowded or amenities are non-existent. I expected that at the price but I have a big gripe with their fees. I didn't know that boarding passes could not be printed at the airport. It was pointed out to me by the staff that the fine print does say I needed to print my pass. Also I was sent a warning email which I didn't see since I was in the middle of my vacation. Then I find the "fee" is 70 euros each for my wife and I. This isn't a fee, this is a punishment. I sent a complaint letter to Ryanair and the response was that this charge was correct according to their policy. Well it isn't a very satisfactory policy. I could have flown a normal airline for the total amount I paid Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Royal    (USA)

I fly all over the world and even use low cost regional airlines in the states, but this takes the cake. Checked in online but couldn't print boarding pass. No notes online that there are huge fees to print at airport. There was no clear check in sign in Edinburgh, but thankfully also no queue, and 3 staff standing around chatting. When they finally decided to talk to us and tell us of the 20 pound check in fee, they said they couldn't help us and we had to use the check in machine well across the way. The check in unit wouldn't process us and told us to see agent. The agent couldn't take our money and sent us all the way round to baggage to pay for boarding passes, but then we had to take receipt back to first woman to get actual boarding card and drop prepaid bag! Our hand luggage was grabbed at the gate and we were made to pay £50, even though it was within weight. Flight was delayed an hour originally, but left 2 hours late to Dublin. Flight should have been an hour, but with delays took over 3 hours. Stay away from this airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Grace Muddiman    (UK)

Like many I was reading bad reviews before my trip so was expecting bad things but my experience from Luton to Beziers on 27th Sep was faultless for a budget flight, on time departure and return, pleasant staff, smooth flight and no fussing over hand luggage size both ways. What do people expect if you want more fly with more expensive airlines and expect delays.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by B Philpott    (UK)

Actual flight both ways was good but the handling at Stansted and Rhodes wasn't. We felt like cattle not customers. Stansted we were held up getting to airport, we had priority booking but had to wait with everyone else as priority queue had gone, therefore one of the cabin bags had to go in the hold. At Rhodes we were first to check-in and they took the first 90 cabin bags in the hold. Surely it should be the last? There seems no reason now to take cabin bags at all! The benefit, apart from the cost, is that you can exit the airport much quicker at your destination. Waiting for cabin bags takes as long as waiting for large luggage. The overhead luggage compartments were half empty. It just seems like another Ryanair useless rule.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Hussey    (Ireland)

Flew Ryanair many times, however most common route I fly is KIR-LTN. Most recent flight SNN-SXF. Ryanair is a very good airline in my opinion. Despite flying to airports that only the CIA has heard of, and advertising the airport for the capital city of Slovenia (it's Bratislava) as Vienna, it's very handy. I use it often, and I have never had a problem with Ryanair. Even with hidden fees, tickets for me seem cheaper than Aer Lingus. The aircraft are clean, but still somewhat dark and gloomy and the seats are uncomfortable, horrible on a late-night flights or dawn when you try and catch some sleep, however still possible. The snacks and drinks on board are still a reasonable price, and the crew are friendly. The toilets are excellent, being bright and clean. Ryanair gets the job done.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by W Graham    (Scotland)

Flight number FR694 on the 6th of September from Prestwick, UK to Ibiza, Spain. The majority of passengers onboard this drink fuelled flight were unruly, drunken and aggressive towards other passengers despite the best efforts of the 4 onboard cabin crew. Language throughout was absolutely foul. As a grandmother travelling with 2 young infants under the age of four the condition experienced in the cabin were shocking. Passengers were swearing, were drinking open duty free, were throwing objects from in front and behind us. Safety announcements could not be heard as passengers were playing music from bluetooth devices and the cabin was totally out of control. Cabin crew were very concerned however, despite the best efforts to contain behaviour there was no way they could control the passengers. The crew threatened to divert the aircraft to France, and also threatened the majority of passengers with the police meeting them on arrival at the destination. The main point is that safety notices were completely ignored, myself and my family felt totally unsafe during the flight. My grand-daughters aged two and three have never been exposed to such outrageous language and behaviour - the conditions on this flight were not safe and were not suitable for a family. Access to toilets involved standing for 40 minutes in crowds of alcohol fuelled louts. Many of the passengers boarded the flight inebriated, one group drank a litre bottle of duty free vodka onboard the flight whilst throwing coins around the cabin. We are feeling extremely anxious about our return journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Very short flight from Barcelona to Palma (FR 6362) yet the crew managed to do their inflight service and the usual thing of hawking a few scratch cards. What was more amazing is that the crew were in a good mood, seemed happy enough to be there and actually seemed to like each other - they even had the pax laughing! After numerous FR flights with miserable looking crews this was a pleasant surprise. Maybe the new positively is filtering down to the cabin crew? Only downside is the trumpet sound or whatever it was when landing but great all round otherwise.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Martina O'Shea    (Ireland)

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I received on the evening of 26th Sep in Wroclaw airport related to a Ryanair flight. I paid extra for priority boarding both to and from Wroclaw. We departed from Cork last Sunday night and all was fine apart from minor delays at the final door prior to leaving the airport to make our way to the plane. On the other hand the service that we received in Wroclaw was an absolute disgrace. Both myself and my friend were the third and fourth in the queue, went through the first check in gates to go down to the foyer leading to the Tarmac and plane. The other q passengers then went through their check in procedure. We all were massed in this small foyer for approx 20 mins and then they decided to open the gates and push approx 6 different families with buggies on top of us. Needless to say it was absolute bedlam by the time the doors were finally opened. There was an elderly Polish lady who had also paid for priority boarding who was pushed out of the way with the stampede to get to the plane. They really need to look at your procedures around check in and boarding as I have never experienced anything like this before. I would suggest that people with buggies should be checked in first and that these then should be placed in the foyer. The next passengers to be checked in should be priority passengers as after all they have paid for the privilege of this service! Finally the passengers who are in the alternative queue should then be checked in. The door should be manned to ensure that priority passengers are treated fairly.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Curtis    (UK)

When travelling from Palma to Stansted, I had a broken foot and was on crutches. Myself and an elderly lady with hip problems had booked assistance which didn't materialise. Last on the plane, we were told that a) the booking hadn't been made (even though we produced our booking papers) and b) there were no wheelchairs available and we had to make it to the terminal under our own steam. As the next set of passengers were queuing at the foot of the steps, we felt compelled to get off. No staff took responsibility for us once we were on the tarmac. Luckily, a Stansted Airport employee was passing by the window and saw me struggling down the steps on crutches and rushed to our aid. She was horrified that we had been abandoned and quickly obtained wheelchairs for us both. Herself and a colleague took us all the way to the outside. No credit at all to Ryanair who's main objective was to get us off the plane so that the next flight could get under way.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Jarvis    (UK)

I have always praised Ryanair as good value when considering the cost, however they really let themselves down on 29th Sept. Arrived at Stansted near midnight and could not even see terminal from where plane stopped. Then had to wait nearly 30 mins as staff had not thought to arrange transport, even the pilot was fed up with their lack of organisational skills. Sorry Ryanair very disappointed.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Dionne Roberts    (Ireland)

I have used Ryanair for years now, sometimes 5 times per year in general and all is good. I booked a flight for my daughter and 2 year old granddaughter. When she left Shannon all was well until her return flight home from Tenerife. 6.30 am she checked in for the free allocation of seats, they were allocated separate seats opposite side aisles. My daughter went early to the departures queue and boarded one of the first after priority boarding and explained to one of the crew, they told her to take her seats and they would try to change her once they were in the air. I find this quite incredible for a flight to take off with a 2 year old baby sat on her own. Surely the crew have the option to change a free allocated seat but what amazes me more was Ryanair had all details as you have to register a child separately when booking. Why if they want more money for a flight just put the price out in the first instance.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Dine    (UK)

I flew from Bournemouth 22/09/14 to Carcassonne and returned 26/09/14. Staff were friendly and helpful at both airports, I didn't see one query about baggage for any passenger and the plane was early on both flights. Although worried about the bad reviews that I read before I left, I wouldn't hesitate to fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Mihai    (Romania)

DUB to BVA on the morning flight. Bought the ticket online 2 weeks ahead, and it was cheaper that the taxi ride to the airport. Did not expect much, but I was quite impressed with them. I work as Cabin Crew, so I do know how to travel with a low cost carrier. I paid the extra 10eur for a seat on the first row. Extremely comfortable, and thanks to the included priority boarding, hassle free experience in the airport. My bag was a bit bigger (the side which was supposed to be just 20cm was slightly larger, did not experience any problem). Staff extremely polite and professional both in the airport and in the air. Flight landed 5min early in BVA, so absolutely nothing to complain about. I paid 23eur for a flight ticket, and got early to my destination, on board a brand new Boeing 737 aircraft (the aircraft had been delivered only a week before). I will definitely fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 September 2014 by C Lane    (UK)

Flew from Bristol to Malaga arriving 4.5 hours late due to technical problems. Sat on the plane for an hour or more before being told it could not be fixed. Were not informed that we could have vouchers for snacks, found out by chance that by producing the boarding pass at the counter that we were entitled to £3.50 each. When we eventually took off at 10.30 pm we arrived at Malaga to find that our shuttle service had gone. This was now around 2.30 in the morning. Had to take a taxi at an extra cost to us of £100 - eventually arrived at our destination at 3.30 am - not good for two 73 year olds! Came home to two emails from Ryanair telling us that we were not eligible to the over three hour delay compensation due to some clause - a real get out clause if you ask me.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2014 by S Mann    (UK)

We flew back to England from Rhodes on 20/09/2014, we pre paid for priority seating, which we did not have, people who had not paid extra, got on board first. The flight was four hours to England, went to the toilet to find out that there was no toilet paper or tissue in the toilets. The air crew told us that they did not have any onboard. When we landed it took an hour and a half to get our baggage. Will think twice before flying with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by R Lancastle    (UK)

Bristol-Malta-Bristol. Family of three. Having travelled extensively on major carriers world wide with 500,000 miles under my belt and having read all the negative reviews I was apprehensive about using Ryanair for a family holiday- my concerns were unfounded. Both sectors were seamless, ground crew and flight crew were polite and helpful. Got on got off, arrived safely at a fair price - no problem. Only issue is the holding pen at Bristol, an excuse for an international airport - not the carriers fault though. Quite impressed really!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Doris Phillips    (UK)

Travelled on 10/09/14 - having booked airport wheelchair and assistance for boarding to gate and vice versa for departure and both return flight. To my dismay no wheelchair had been arranged at the Dusseldorf Weeze airport. Bus driver unlocked padlock of chained up wheelchairs. Stewards failed to inform arrival airport of my pre-booked requirements. Staff should also insure that passenger take their allocated seats - had a lady whose body posture was extremely intimidating and hostile because she could not get out fast enough caused by her sitting in the wrong seat. Flying back same problem again - staff did not inform Stansted airport of my pre-booked requirements. Was stranded for more than 15 minutes outside the aircraft on the tarmac before porter with wheelchair turned up. I shan't forget the blank expression on the faces of the aircrew staff, either which made me feel very uncomfortable, I'm sure it can be improved with more staff training and please slow down the food and drink trolleys as no one gets a chance to buy anything at this speed and it might cause an accident.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Ken Felton    (UK)

Flew NCL to Gerona, flights were on time and staff well trained and helpful. We have used Ryanair quite a few times and have never had problems with delayed times, staff etc. The only niggle is that sometimes the cabin could be cleaner!