Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Ryanair Customer review :  16 April 2014 by R Davies    (UK)

Flew a few times with Ryanair now. I really can't find anything bad at all to say about my most recent flight, return from East Midlands to Malaga. On time both ways, comfortable, clean, good price, very friendly cabin crew. I would definitely fly with them again. The 90 cases rule did not seem to be in operation as everyone who boarded (and the aircraft both ways was almost full) got their case into the cabin. It seems that these days, no one actually checks baggage in, opting instead to take their free piece of cabin luggage. We did not pre book our seats and were seated together both ways. All good. We'll done once again to Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by P Raeburn    (UK)

Used Ryanair for the first time, not by choice, but as part off an all inclusive package to Tenerife. Apart from some confusion with boarding gate allocation in Tenerife South airport, I have no issues about the airline. This is despite my reservations after hearing horror stories about the airline. As I have no other Ryanair flight experiences to compare this one with, I have to say that I was completely satisfied on this occasion. Will I use them again? No reason not to. The staff were quite pleasant. They all seemed to be Eastern European and this was not a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2014 by J Wilton    (UK)

East Midlands to Tenerife, 6th April, FR3152. Returned 11th April FR3153. It's great to see that they are finally trying to improve customer service and it was definitely better on the way out. Having allocated seating now is much better, although it was not clear when I booked that seats are allocated free at online check in, so I unnecessarily paid £40 to do this in advance. Also what on earth is going on with the 'only the first 90 bags' can stay in the cabin idea? Great that you can now take a small bag (handbag, laptop bag etc) and put it under your seat. However, only the first 90 passengers are allowed to take a correctly sized and weighted wheeled case on board. At Tenerife they decided that everyone had to do this before they got on the plane and it was chaos, with people trying to work out what they needed to take out. Strange also that they only pick on wheeled cases, even small ones. My partner had a rucksack, the contents of which were about the same weight as mine, yet my bag was tagged for the hold. By the time I'd taken out all the valuables - camera, iPad, Kindle etc, there was very little left in it. Also there was plenty of empty space on the overhead compartments once we got onboard. All completely pointless. I do think they are trying, but they really don't think these things all the way through! All that is going to happen is that people's 2nd bags are gradually going to get larger and larger and there will be the same old rows at check in and the gate as there have always been! Other than that it's pretty good value for money I guess, although I agree with other comments about flights times. Lots of them get into Stansted too late for the last trains, which prevents me booking with them. Oh and the seats not reclining and no pocket for belongings continues to be tedious. Especially on longer flights. Still, punctuality is very good and it is cheap I guess!

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Alan R Comper    (UK)

3rd April, FR8022, STN-MJV. We have flown Ryanair at least 20 times a year for 5 years and only had one very small complaint about a check in incident. No complaints from us and no, I'm not easily pleased. In life you get what you pay for and I am happy to spend my money with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Susan Rushton    (UK)

We have flown backwards and forwards to Crete with Ryanair several times over the past few years. We have never had any problems. Cabin crew have been friendly and pleasant on all of our flights. We know the rules and stick to them. The only niggle is the price of hold luggage so we try to travel with hand luggage at all times. Our last two flights both arrived 30 mins early and we have never had a delay past 15 mins. After travelling with BA to New Zealand last year, I would choose Ryanair anytime! Now they have altered their web site and allowed an extra bag in the cabin, they are a delight to travel with.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 April 2014 by J Pettitt    (UK)

Used Ryanair a total of 17 times. I know the rules and I am totally 100% happy with the service. Cheap flights, allocated seating and now (thank goodness), I can take on a hand bag as well as my 10k case. I really don't understand why anyone complains. Most recent flight was on 5th April. Oh, and only ever had one late flight out of 17 - not bad!

Ryanair Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Joan Burkinshaw    (UK)

After a severe accident in Spain which resulted in both arms broken, I was taken to Malaga Airport to fly home to Manchester on flight ZB660 on Saturday 1st Feb. I was treated appallingly by the staff and cabin crew of this flight. I was left in my wheelchair at the boarding gate whilst all the other passengers boarded the plane and when my daughter and I finally entered at the front of the plane we were pleased to see the front 4 rows empty, only to be told we couldn't sit there as our seats were on the back row. We explained I couldn't walk down the aisle with both arms at right angles but were rudely told "Well walk sideways!". My daughter stood to put my seat belt on me and again came the command, "sit down", just as the plane began to move! Throughout the flight not one cabin crew came to offer help, a drink or enquire after my well-being. No help was offered to my daughter who was trying to help me, juggle hand luggage etc.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 April 2014 by D Kelly    (Ireland)

We're sitting ready for take off to Carcassone and not only were we caught on the 7 day rule so had to pay for seats boarding staff tried to make us put correctly sized cabin bags in the hold. We were among the first 30 to board. When we asked why we were told last 50 passengers today have to do this because there wouldn't be enough space for everyone's. In a flight of 200+ passengers this would not apply to the first 150 we pointed out. We refused. The scams never end do they?

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by K Wright    (UK)

We have never flown with Ryanair before so were concerned after reading reviews. Our experience was very good. I could not fault them. We flew from East Midlands to Lanzarote, April 2014. The flight was on time, the staff friendly and helpful. Seats are now allocated before flying which must save hassle. No problems with luggage. I have flown with BA and Virgin and it cannot compete with them but I would place it top of the many budget airlines I have flown with. I don't usually leave reviews but feel that it is perhaps only those that have problems that do, so thought I would like to balance the scales a little.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Dave Phelan    (Ireland)

Just went to print my boarding pass. Got caught with the new 7 day rule. I had to buy seats for return as I know I will not be able to get to a printer while away. I hope that when they go to the better Aer Lingus system of either printing at airport or on phone app things should improve.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Beattie    (UK)

Generally I have no problem with Ryanair flights, quick and effective service. I do think though more thought could be put into their timetable as flights arriving in Manchester at 23.45 means that there are no transport options from Manchester airport other than by Taxi very expensive to get anywhere from the Airport. Car rental village closes at 00.00 and the last train is at 00.01 with a 5.30 wait in the airport until the next transport out and most shops closed it is not an ideal time to be landing.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Charlotte Lindsay    (UK)

I have flown with Ryanair many times over the past 5 years and require full airport assistance as I am an amputee. I cannot praise Ryanair highly enough. I have never had any problems at all and the staff are wonderful. The Special Assistance team always go that wee extra bit to help. I wish they flew to Newark NJ. and Florida as they could show Continental, Virgin etc., a thing or two.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 April 2014 by W Smith    (UK)

I use Ryanair 5 or 6 times a year to Bergerac and I am getting a little tired of travellers that don't follow the airlines rules and then complain about them. Every flight that I have taken has been on time, I have had no problems at check in or boarding and the crew out of Liverpool are always friendly, caring and professional. Remember this flight out of Liverpool departs at 06.40am when passengers cannot be at their best but crew are always great.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 April 2014 by John Mansell    (UK)

Flight to Stansted from Malmo. Seats were too close together, no knee room and seat itself was not comfortable to sit in. Landing was aggressive and parking at the stand came to an abrupt halt. Not a comfortable journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Burton    (UK)

BHX-DUB return. First flight was fine but on the way back we were delayed 5 hours and then Ryanair didn't bother to tell us that the plane was actually in Belfast and that people needed to get on a coach to Belfast from Dublin in order to get back! We got back past midnight and we were supposed to be back at around 5pm. No help whatsoever and no sorry or anything from Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Rachel Beattie    (UK)

We flew from Malaga to Leeds. Queued 55 minutes to check bags in (only 2 people taking bags for all flights). On return put up with that on time trumpet blast, only to have to wait 30 minutes for the carousel to start whilst the handlers loaded the outgoing aircraft.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Travelled from LPL to DUB and back. Quick check in, very efficient boarding, only quibble being the very tight leg room. Otherwise I have no complaints and felt staff were friendly and efficient. Coming back turn around was remarkably rapid and both times luggage delivery was quick.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mark Potter    (Lithuania)

I fly with Ryanair at least every month. If you compare the flights with travel by coach (which is how they are priced), they are easily as good. One has to stick to the rules and those who try it on with the cabin luggage size and weight allowances deserve all they get in my view. I do feel sorry for those who innocently don't pay enough attention to the very thorough pre flight reminders you always get sent. My flights are about 2.5 hours and that's fine, but the seats are a tight fit and do not recline (I am not large, but fellow passengers often are) so would not want to be onboard much longer than that. Aircraft's are in good nick and always clean and staff are generally friendly and helpful. Food is edible but only in an emergency! Coffee is fine and sensibly not served too hot. The lottery ticket sales used to grate, but as they do fund deserving children's charities, it is harsh to moan about that. Reliability on the route I use is excellent as is baggage handling. It is what it is - don't try to judge it by comparison with anything else.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 March 2014 by C Cudby    (UK)

We have just returned from a week in Gran Canaria. This was our first flight with Ryanair and our first online flight booking. We are not very good on computer bookings and missed the fact that you need to print 2 boarding passes, even though we had two separate sheets with two different flight numbers on. We accept that this was our fault but I like to think this was human error. Again we accept that staff cannot be expected to spend hours printing off tickets for idiots! However do you really need to charge so much to do so? Also the receptionist who had to deal with us was not fully experienced and needed to employ the help of her colleagues which caused extended delay to three queues instead of one making us feel very embarrassed and small.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 March 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

London Stansted to Porto, 26 March 2014 on FR8343. This was my first Ryanair flight for nearly two years and I'm happy to see that some things have changed for the better. No queue at the bag drop desk. Assigned seating is a nice new addition though boarding leaves much to be desired - flight departed 20 minutes late due the slightly slow boarding process which prompted some passengers to buy overpriced priority boarding from Ryanair staff hanging around the gate. Crew on board were professional and what I've noticed is that they smile and are happy to have friendly banter with passengers now - so that's a really added plus since my last trip! Seats not amazingly comfy but ok for the short flight. Arrived in Porto ahead of arrival time and bags were on the belt almost immediately (this is something good that hasn't changed!). I'm impressed by the recent improvements and of course I will consider flying Ryanair again as long as the price is right.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 March 2014 by D Cochrane    (UK)

Luton to Gran Canaria. I booked it not because it was fairly reasonable price but because it was from a nearby airport. After check-in and gestapo tactics used to extort money for oversized hand baggage, my partner spent much of our Holiday stressing about what might happen during the return flight home. Check in even suggested throwing some clothing away to keep the weight down, even though the same clothing weight had been ok on the outbound leg. Never again, I would happily pay an extra few quid to another airline and be relaxed and enjoy the break. Its surprising just how many folk we chatted with at the Hotel were worried at what tricks might be foisted on them at the Foreign airport relating to hand Baggage.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Stuart Ward    (UK)

Flew Ryanair for the first time 2 weeks ago and again last week. Derry to Birmingham and back. Having read the reviews it was with some trepidation I booked the flights, as they are the only airline flying to Derry it was forced on me. The web site wasn't too difficult and I was prompted by online live chat if I dallied, they were helpful and reassured me only one booking had been made. Paid for hold luggage as I had a laptop bag as well. Reserved seats were welcome. I printed the boarding passes off before hand and arrived in plenty of time. Onboard reasonable, bit garish and the selling wasn't too obnoxious given only a 50 min flight. Depart and arrive on time. So overall the experience wasn't too bad but then everything worked ok. The nagging feeling is what if it hadn't? But given the price you get what you pay for. Would I fly with them again? Given it was the only airline to that airport then yes. If to another airport and there was an alternative and there were consequences to not arriving on time and the company was paying then I would think very hard about it.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Elensky Marie    (Ireland)

I often fly with Ryanair between Dublin and Nantes. They are always on time (more or less 30min max), plus are the only ones to offer a direct flight between those 2 cities. Don't expect much on the service side : they have very good deals for the tickets, and they bring you from point A to B, that's it! Be careful though with all the added fees they can charge.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Jane Payling    (UK)

I recently flew from Manchester to Rome and had to ask for a wheelchair both going and on return. Ryanair organised this for me. Staff were waiting at both ends. The staff who were waiting were friendly, efficient and very professional.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 March 2014 by P Ellis    (UK)

We flew last week, Manchester - Alicante. The flight and boarding were flawless, we only had hand luggage and had priority boarding. Outbound we were delayed by almost 2 hours, because of French ATC problems, but other than this, the flight was quite unremarkable. the seats don't recline, which in my opinion is a bonus, and were adequate for a sub 3 hour flight. The tickets were fairly priced, and the allocated seating is as it should be. Cabin crew were great, and cockpit announcements fine. I'd gladly fly with Ryanair again. There was zero IFE but I had my tablet and didn't expect otherwise. Food and beverages were priced as expected.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 March 2014 by T Annab    (UK)

Travelled many times with Ryanair, LBA to ALC. Always on time give or take 15 mins. Staff generally helpful and friendly. Comfortable flight. Spotlessly clean bright plane. Seats ok for the larger person. Not always food available but ok for short flight. Only gripe a couple of years ago delayed boarding at Alicante. Passengers were rushed on plane resulting in bedlam. Plane taxiing before everyone seated and not enough baggage space. Normally let a few on at a time which is usually fine.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 March 2014 by D Birks    (UK)

FR1121 on Sun 9th March 2014 - boarded the plane after a 45 minute delay on the check in desk to be told that the pilot was not prepared to fly a plane which had a problem with the water supply. After sitting on the runway for approx. 50 minutes, we then had to wait for water and for re-fuel. Finally we took off to Tenerife. On landing at Tenerife Sur the captain aborted the initial landing and escalated back into the sky to attempt a second landing. Also no food on the plane other than snacks.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Anna Harrington    (UK)

I've taken literally hundreds of flights with Ryanair from London to Kerry - either Stansted or Luton in the last ten years. Twice, flights were cancelled, once delayed, and once I had baggage that was overweight which resulted in a penalty. I've never had a problem with any staff, always found them fine - they respond to how you talk to them I think. They are always cheap, and I can't fault them. I always paid priority, got there early, accepted what I couldn't change. I have trained myself to sleep as soon as I board, so onboard purchased don't bother me.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Faiz Alam    (Italy)

Paris (Beauvais) to Bologna. FR4304, 19 Mar 2014. Ryanair's business model is based upon ripping-off 20% of customers and then using this money to offer cheap flight and cheap services to the other 80%. Last night I was ripped off for 70 Euros, which was actually the price of my ticket, just because I didn't check-in online! It was my first time with this airline and there was nothing mentioned when they sent the e-ticket, they took advantage of the little T&C that they claim to have put somewhere on their website. Staff were rude and ready to fight.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Glenda Hull    (Spain)

14th March, Tenerife to Manchester and yet again no food for sale on the flight. There were quite a few people not happy with the situation but the crew just said they had nothing for sale. No inflight magazines were handed out so when they came with the duty free sales not much was sold as no one knew what was for sale. I really wish that Ryanair would sort out the inflight service as I enjoy all the other aspects of flying Ryanair but this lets them down terribly.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 March 2014 by S Arjun    (UK)

Flew from Edinburgh (EDI) to Alicante (ALC) and found that the journey had pros and cons. The pros are Ryanair is a very cheap airline to fly with, it usually gets you to your destination 20 mins earlier before scheduled time, when you land there is a fanfare sound which is quite funny and the staff are helpful because I had asked for a sick bag and got one right away. Cons are the seats are not comfy at all, the staff are arrogant, the leg room is very limited, the food is expensive and when you board the aircraft it has a very weird strong smell. Would maybe fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 March 2014 by T Mason    (UK)

Flew to Marrakech with Ryanair and was very impressed with the improvements they have made from their website to the allocated seating. Much better and credit where credit is due. Special mention to the cabin staff who were smart, friendly and very efficient - in fact far better than on a recent Air Canada flight where the cabin staff were miserable and unhelpful.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

London Stansted to Tampere, Rygge to London Stansted all in all a bargain bucket of a silly price of £36 return in January and booked 2 weeks in advance! They must be successful because the flights are always busy. I will keep using Ryanair because they are cheap, cheerful, idealistic flight times, safe and very much punctual. Take no notice of the cabin crew much and adhere to their rules, in other words be organised as it is not rocket science, and you will be flying safely high! Why pay more money to fly into a rip off "tax con" major airport, when Tampere is just a 1hr30 minute cheap train ride to Helsinki and believe me Tampere is a very non-congestive airport like Rygge.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 March 2014 by N Gilbert    (UK)

Flew Bristol to Malaga. As usual flight on time good service and at a price impossible to beat, and I have tried. Flying to Gran Canaria on the 8th March and I am sure I will get the same excellent service as I have on all flights with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 March 2014 by T Hughes    (UK)

My Husband booked his first (and most definitely his last) flight with Ryanair to go on a business trip to Bergamo, Italy supposedly for 2 days. He flew at the weekend expecting to be back at work midday Monday. He is still, at 4.30pm sat in Bergamo Airport. The flight was due to take off at 10.30am, then it was delayed 6 hours, without any explanation to 4.30pm and has just been extended again to 6.30pm with a pre warning that that is just estimated. The reason apparently is staffing issues. At this rate he says he wouldn't be surprised if he's in the airport all night. Also after leaving the passengers in the dark for most of the day, they were told if they wanted to book a flight with a different airline, they would have to pay again, and claim back. An appalling customer service and attitude.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Stephen Beesty    (UK)

Outward 11 Feb, Bristol to Faro return. Brilliant does what it says on the box left on time arrived early, same on return. All staff friendly and helpful. Will I use them again - yes.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 February 2014 by M O'Connor    (UK)

Ryanair has a very long way to go to improve the service it offers. I experienced appalling customer service on a flight from Bristol to Dublin on 14th Feb. A male steward took Ryanair's poor customer service to a new low - he was extremely rude, bad humoured and swore in front of my 11 year old daughter. Additionally Ryanair's new seat allocation policy appears to be at the expense of carrying on your hand luggage if your bag is not in the first 90 bags on board. Not only had I the inconvenience of lugging my case around the airport but had to wait for it in Bristol as it was taken off me as I boarded. Always 1 step forward and 2 back with Ryanair, Easyjet is cheap and cheerful, Ryanair is cheap and nasty.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Ashtin Bokenfohr    (Switzerland)

3 friends and I were staying in Dublin and decided to take a day trip to Liverpool. I did not have a printer so had to pay £15 to get my ticket printed out. This was the worst flight I've been on, we were already tired and just wanted to get to Liverpool, on top of that we had to deal with the unfriendly staff that were not helpful whatsoever. The plane was crowded, hot and uncomfortable. If you wanted a glass of water you had to pay for it. I had to take this flight on the way back and I will never be flying with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 February 2014 by B Konstantinou    (Belgium)

Flight from Rome to Thessaloniki. Unexplainable landing at Plovdiv, Bulgaria. When we arrived there no one at the airport, they opened it for us. After waiting for a long time someone came and told us that we are going to leave by bus. It was an 8 hour bus trip to Thessaloniki and of course they didn't give us water or food.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 February 2014 by P Edwards    (UK)

I fly on average once a fortnight with Ryanair and can't fault them. They get you from A to B on time and cheaply. You can still check in up to 15 days before the flight without having to pay for an allocated seat despite what they say. In fact if you are crafty you can actually choose your seat free of charge by doing the following: click on 'Choose a Seat', check which ones have already been allocated, knowing that they allocate the seats in alternate rows front and back starting either side of the overwing exit rows. If you are happy with the next available seat then exit this page and click on 'Do not Choose Seat' and you will get that seat. If you are not happy with the location of the next available seat then exit check-in process altogether and try again later. It works!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 February 2014 by P Ward    (UK)

Feb 14, MAN-Paphos. This is the most budget airline I have come across, I became paranoid about the weight of my luggage! Thankfully we were within the guidelines, however on arrival to the gate (2 Ryanair) employees were waiting to pounce, scrutinising everyone's hand luggage and asking them to place their cabin bags in the frame. Lucky for us we were OK but numerous passengers who 'could not fit' theirs were made to pay £50 which were then put in the hold. Why did the check in staff not ask to weigh their cabin bags at check in - in my opinion this is the way they make an extra £50 per passenger - some cheap flight for these unfortunate people (students) many of whom were going home for half term and short of money to begin with - for me never again. Ryanair have no PR skills whatsoever, this is a complete lack of training in every area of customer service.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 February 2014 by S Callow    (Spain)

Flew from MAN-AGP, 1st Feb. Flight left on time and arrived in Malaga with the usual fanfare. I had the new allocated seating which was fine (window seat). Leg room is fine and lights were kept dimmed as it was an evening flight. Cabin crew friendly and helpful. Price wise for drinks/food they are slightly expensive. I have never had a problem with Ryanair, it's low cost and you get what you pay for.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Marc Steegen    (Belgium)

Brussels-Charleroi-Marseille return Feb 4 and Feb 11 2014. A 1.5 hours flight, arrival and departure right on time, friendly staff, smooth flights, 10 kg free hand luggage, an assigned seat, quick connections to the cities, I fly Ryanair a dozen times a year, never encountered any trouble whatsoever. Print your boarding pass, keep luggage to a minimum and enjoy your flight. It's beyond my comprehension why people complain about Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 February 2014 by J Collier    (UK)

Booked my first (and last) Ryanair flight from Edinburgh to Dublin because it was a great price: £15 each way! But as I heard from everyone, they always try to get you with fees. I wasn't able to check in online beforehand, so I tried to explain my problem when I got to the airport two hours before the flight. They told me I couldn't fly unless I paid £70 to print off my boarding pass. There's no way I'm paying £70 for a £15 ticket. No other airline has such ridiculous charges. Steer clear.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Mikhael de Souza    (Switzerland)

Barcelona - Las Palmas, Feb 14, return Feb 18. Saying goes "you get what you pay for", with Ryanair, you get less. Went for a weekend to rest, and came back exhausted, mainly due to a very uncomfortable flight. Advertisements everywhere, stressed out staff, plastic seats that won't recline.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 February 2014 by N Holliday    (UK)

6 February from Newcastle to Dublin. My daughter has just returned to her home in Ireland after visiting for a few days with her baby daughter. Why is it beyond staff to help a lady down the stairs with a bag and buggy. She asked for help at Newcastle and no one, not even passengers offered to help her down the flight of stairs. There were ground staff standing around and still could not help. The staff checking the tickets were very offhand with her.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 February 2014 by K Burchell    (UK)

February 2014 flights to and from Bristol and Lanzarote. Seats already allocated, so no mad rush across the tarmac and both flights on time or nearly so. Not particularly great value as I couldn't book until late on but that's way it goes. Otherwise Ryanair got us there and back, as per the deal.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 February 2014 by Matthew Anogeianakis    (UK)

Manchester T3 to Rzeszów, (FR3202), 28 Jan 2014. Rzeszów to Manchester T3, (FR3203), 8 Feb 2014. Recently used Ryanair for skiing holiday. Fantastic airline, lowest fares in the market, punctual, recent improvements ie allocated seating, no announcements after 9pm, dimmed lights made my trip smooth. Cabin crew very friendly. Both inbound and outbound flights landed 20 minutes earlier.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J Ashton    (UK)

Becoming a fan of Ryanair! Have to be honest we avoided them for so long but on the flights we have taken recently they cannot be faulted. On time, in fact early on both times. Fantastic prices to and from Tenerife, great service onboard. The time had come that there is very little difference between Monarch who we have used for years to fly to Tenerife except that you pay about 60% more and their flights are often delayed. Keep the improvement going and focus on Customer Service and you will have won 2 new customers. Looking forward to having the boarding pass on the phone which I understand is coming later in the year.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Michael Mulholland    (UK)

I have just (a) checked in my wife for a flight to Dublin next week and (b) seen the comment that you can't check in more than 7 days in advance without paying. When I checked my wife in, she was automatically offered check in for the return flight (with allocated seat) even though that is more than 7 days in advance. Be warned though, in common with Jet2 and other airlines, she did find that seat she was allocated was a middle one. As ever, you get what you pay for.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by H Mason    (UK)

After years of refusing to use Ryanair, due to time/date constraints I had to book a flight with them today. I've also heard and did notice that they've removed ridiculous charges (for paying on line etc). However, I've just noticed that I can only check in online 7 days before the flights unless I buy a pre-allocated seat. Because of my flight times, this means I will have to find a place to print out my boarding pass while away. So yes, it's an improvement that people can pre book seats but they have reduced the online check in time from 15 days to 7 if you don't pre book and pay for the seats. This will be the last time I book with them - I've not even flown yet.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Jak Law    (UK)

I have flown many times with Ryanair from both London Stansted and East Midlands to Valencia, and never once have I had cause to complain, all but two flights out of around 90 have been on time and those that were late were only around 20 mins late. The cabin crew have always been polite and smiling. This is a budget airline a point many miserable individuals seem to forget. You get what you pay for, that said they need to scrap the allocated seating, it doesn't work and is a real pain.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 February 2014 by T Jackson    (UK)

Have flown MAN - DUB - MAN/LBA bi-monthly with Ryanair, and have been very impressed every single time. First of all, a flight 2 weeks in advance from the booking date for £9.99 one way can not be denied, this is a brilliant price for an on-time flight on a virtually brand new 737-800. The one gripe I'd have is the allocated seating (something that most airlines use effectively). As a frequent FR traveller, I pick the same seat every time, unfortunately the common sense of booking and then finding your seat seems to have evaded some people, as it turned into some chaos - so I'd advise to still get on the aircraft towards the front. Other than that, I'm extremely happy to fly Ryanair again and again, as the on-time, no-frills, cheap flights will always be too good to turn down! Follow the rules, and you will certainly enjoy your flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 February 2014 by T Roberson    (UK)

Me, my husband and our disabled son went to Tenerife for Christmas. Going there was fine from Liverpool, on our return we went to check in, they had our names on the check in but we hadn't printed our return tickets. We were there 3.5 hrs before our flight they said we couldn't print them off, they sent us back and forth. We paid £70 each, then when we were getting on the plane the staff told us they couldn't help us with the wheelchair as they can only help 4 passengers. My husband and I had to carry our son down 4 flights off metal outside stairs. When we got to the plane there was no one there to take the chair off us, I had to go under the plane myself and give it to the baggage handler.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 February 2014 by N Holdsworth    (UK)

First experience of Ryanair's new self proclaimed 'industry leading customer service'. Stansted to Tampere out 31st Jan, return 3rd Feb. The allocated seating (on the return leg) was a big improvement. The seats are still bolt upright, but at 6ft 3 I've never found the legroom to be that bad. This leaves us with the migrane inducing yellow, the bright cabin lights, and the constant procession of scratchcard sales and frankly annoying announcements about the still overpriced microwave food to moan about. They seem to have at least stopped the irritating soft drink adverts on replay. I guess Ryanair are an option if they are flying where you want to actually go, but my own conclusion - as a relatively frequent flyer - is that there is no point in saving a little bit of money if it costs you a lot of time and hassle, which on this trip it still did.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 February 2014 by K Dryden    (UK)

As we don't like the free-for-all mess at the airport, we booked Priority Tickets and reserved seats to Fuerteventura on 7 Jan 2014. All went well on flight over and as promised, the flight was actually a bit early. On dep, however, we arrived at Fuerteventura airport to be informed that we check in at desks 20-22. We stood in queue for desk 22 and after 10 minutes, one check in clerk sat in at desk 22. After 10 minutes she spent some time on the phone and several people moved from the other 2 queues to 22. Eventually after another 10 mins another clerk opened desk 20 and we moved over there. No priority check in just free for all. The flight was called one hour before time and we were all herded like sheep to our gate to watch the previous passengers getting off our flight! There was no allowance for priority passengers and we were all herded in together. What is the point of extolling extra cash from us for Priority booking if we don't get any value for it?