Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Ryanair Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Brady    (UK)

Outbound from Birmingham - Trieste on 11th Sept, returning 25/09. This continual drivel about paying for boarding cards at the airport. Why do people persist in doing it? Print the boarding card before you leave for the airport. It's that simple. Priority boarding, why? All seats are allocated before you walk up the stairs. I travel with Ryanair 2 or 3 times per year. No complaints. The main complainants are passengers who cannot follow a few simple rules. So why blame the airline for their own inadequacies?

Ryanair Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Holmes    (UK)

Have flown with Ryanair many times over the last few years, at least 15 flights, cancelled once due to heavy snow but very efficient at rebooking for the next day although a different airport - travel expenses refunded. Other than this no delays over a few minutes and generally time made up during the flight. Although we are not tall - 5ft 4 and 5ft 7 no problems with legroom, size of seats. As long as you know the restrictions around bags size should have no problems at all - made very clear on their website.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Craig    (UK)

Flying from Stansted to Lanzarote in November, we were unable to land owing to extreme weather conditions, diverted to Fuerteventura where we sat on runway for two hours before flying back to Lanzarote. Flight back to Stansted was cancelled on two days owing to bad weather during which time passengers stayed in the airport and given food vouchers every two hours. Transport was provided to 4* hotels on both nights where meals were provided. Finally, on flight to Stansted, landing was delayed owing to a security alert, so we had to circle for about half an hour. Overall a bad experience, but not Ryanairs fault, and during whole time, Ryanair flight crew were brilliant. I will certainly have no problem with flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J King    (UK)

Travelled from Bristol to Tenerife on 29/11/14 and returned on 2/12/14. Recently travelled with Ryanair for the first time and found it a pleasant experience. Online check in extremely easy and bag drop off and boarding quick with little queuing. Slight delay on way out but this was made up and arrived on time. Return journey left on time and arrived early. Would travel with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Priday    (UK)

Flight delayed by over 50 hours from Lanzarote - initially due to bad weather (Friday only), little information and updates forthcoming coming from Reps in airport and via UK - conflicting information given out to relatives in UK causing further distress/confusion. Special Assistance (pre-booked) disappeared after first check-in with little or no consideration for long hours and movement through airport during the 50 hour delay. The Crew definitely did not know what the passengers were going through, the airport didn't want to know and the Rep for Ryanair who delivered the news on the Sat evening that no overnight accommodation was available for remaining passengers said "I hate my job, I hate being here, I hate breaking this news to you" before saying sort your own accommodation, after being in the airport for over 12 hours, or your will be forcibly ejected when the airport closes overnight! Oh yes, a holiday hell experience, never to be repeated at the hands of Ryanair hopefully - I will not give them the opportunity!

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2014 by J Henderson    (UK)

NCL-DUB-NCL. Return flights from Newcastle to Dublin, both on time, worth the price (£50 return), comfy seats, good legroom for the price. Only thing bad is the card machines never seem to work on any of their flights which was a letdown as I had no cash. Would definitely be using Ryanair again and would recommend this airline to anyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Cameron Macrae    (UK)

EDI-AGP. Awful experience, rude cabin crew, no on-board snacks (free or to purchase) Ryanair are desperate to find fault or earn extra money. Unless you want the person in-front of you basically sitting on your knee then try easyJet or BA.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

London Stansted to Oslo Rygge on November 13th. £19.99 one way including taxes, you can't go wrong with Ryanair for a nearly 700 mile plane journey. Flights on time as usual, straight forward flight. Ryanair are very much on- time or early every time I fly and I use them 5-6 times per year. Follow the simple rules, relax and enjoy the flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Robert Perry    (UK)

Recently flew Ryanair from my local airport London Stansted to stay at a friends apartment in Paphos. I visit Paphos regularly and many times fly in to Larnaca as there are more flights to LCN and make the 90 minute drive to the West Coast resort. However for convenience of a bargain flight and an airport about 12 miles from my doorstep STN I flew Ryanair. On this occasion I have flown this route with this operator before for pure convenience as opposed to the BA LHR to Larnaca flight I took in August offering all scheduled services, meals beverages etc. Ryanair offer basically a seat and free use of the toilet, everything else comes at a price and experienced over four hours of constant sales. The seating cramped. For a medium hall flight just over four hours I found the 737-800s seating too cramped. But for economy and convenience Ryanair offers what it is a no frills basic airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 November 2014 by L Stone    (UK)

We were a party of 4 that flew out to Malta from Bristol on 2nd November 2014. I had pre-booked seats and needed special assistance as I had broken my leg 4 days before travelling. We had no complaints at all about Bristol, everything went smoothly. However Malta was a different story on our return to Bristol on 9th November 2014. We had no bags to check in so went straight to the Departure section. Though I had pre-booked our seats and we should have had priority it was like a free for all, the operative walked around the queue collecting boarding passes. I again needed special assistance and was subjected to a lecture from the Maltese operative because I had not checked in for this assistance. Nowhere on the boarding pass did it say I needed to check in, just go to the departure gate. I informed the flight crew that I could not walk to the rear door (our seats were at the front) but no notice was taken of this and I had to wait until the cherry picker was brought to the front. A very officious young lady informed me I was delaying the plane as the next flight could not load. When we returned home I found an email dated the 4th November (we flew out on the 2nd November) informing me what I had to do to obtain special assistance. Not satisfactory to send an email after you have already arrived at your destination.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Chown    (Spain)

Bristol - Malaga on 21 November 2014. Perfectly good flight, left and arrived on time - yes, it's a bit spartan, seats don't adjust, no reading material but then the price is the attraction. Rather amused by the cabin crew asking those boarding to "hurry up as others are standing in the rain" - if Ryanair used the ramps, no-one would be in the rain.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Rahn Ricardo    (UK)

London Stansted to Frankfurt Hahn on Nov 8th, return Nov 11th. This is by far the worst airline I have flown and I am 59 years old and have travelled all over the world in many different airlines. The customer service can not be worse, respect for the customer (after you have paid) is horrible. They are charging 70 British Pounds for printing your boarding pass, or sitting you in a crowded airplane with uncomfortable seats, with crew members that are air merchants who charge you extra money for even a glass of water. Also, after you have paid for your ticket, or are in the process of paying, they come out with a series of add-ons that when you end paying, this nightmare of flights from third class airports like London Stansted or Frankfurt Hahn, end up costing you the same or more than flying with a prestigious airline like British Airlines or Lufthansa from a premium airport.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Garner    (UK)

Flew LBA to Riga. What's all the fuss about Ryanair. Stick to the rules, print your Boarding Pass before you get to the Airport and everything is fine. Clean modern 737-800, both outward and return on time. Cabin Crew very pleasant. Cabin Manager very keen on safety aspect - which is good. Why do people leave their seats when the seat belt sign is on I do not know. Well done Ryanair - will certainly use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by S May    (UK)

Flight to Tenerife Sur, for 15 nights, and returned on 8/10/2014 - absolutely no complaints regarding flights, both ways. Both on time, booked seats for extra comfort and staff were courteous and efficient. However on return to Glasgow (PIK) it was torrential rain. We were put off the plane onto the runway to make our way into arrivals. Within a very short time we were soaked and to add to this an overflow pipe was gushing water ensuring we were thoroughly wet through and adding to our discomforts! Not good enough Ryanair, this could have been a perfect 10 a little more customer care and consideration is necessary.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hagan James    (UK)

Have flown Ryanair from Bristol to Dublin return now for last six years (10/11 flights per year with other flights to Portugal and Spain in between). Only on one occasion have we been unreasonably delayed, all other flights have been on time or indeed often a little early. The price is right and if you abide by the Ryanair terms and conditions you will have no problems whatsoever. Their planes are always well maintained on the interior and, looking at their reliability record, all round also. With regard to IFE, legroom etc you get what you pay for and cannot complain. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 November 2014 by George Bouzidis    (Australia)

Athens - Thessaloniki, 17/10, Flight FR1066. Thessaloniki - Athens, 20/10, Flight FR 1067. Aircraft always full. All fees, charges and extras up front. Ready for take off within 10 minutes of first passenger setting foot in aircraft. Cabin crew move like greased lightning. Punctual. Aircraft emptied quickly. Be absolutely certain you have boarding pass printed out before arriving at airport otherwise you are slaughtered for about 75 quid each which is about the total cost of a cheap printer.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Malone    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh -Gdansk return. I didn't pre book seat but was allocated one free. This meant I could print off boarding passes at home for both legs of journey and with 10kg hand luggage (plus handbag) there was no queue to stand in at airport just straight to security. Fabulous! Liked the fact there was a priority boarding queue even though I wasn't in it. Boarding front and rear of plane. Very efficient. Flight on time. Plane clean and seemed plenty of room for everyone's luggage. The seat on the plane was one of the most comfortable I have encountered on a short haul carrier and I even managed to have a very relaxing shut eye. I have travelled with Thomas Cook several times recently and the flights were very uncomfortable. On outward leg of this journey I was at a window seat and was invisible to cabin crew, however, on return journey at aisle seat crew very pleasant and helpful. Overall, very impressed, excellent value for money and will sing Ryanair's praises to family and friends.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Max Kropiunik    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Charleroi and back, with wife and daughter. The flight only lasts an hour and 10 minutes so it was OK. We had no luggage to check in and had booked priority boarding. The flight was punctual both ways. The flight crew was polite. The reason that at times they have to be a bit pushy is that people take an eternity to get settled and low cost airline have to stick to strict time schedules. I hear lots of horror stories about Ryanair but I assume that if you stick to your part of the deal it is OK. I think for a short flight that we took it is very cost effective and one can overlook some small niggles here and there.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 November 2014 by S Leonard    (Ireland)

Knock-Faro-Knock, 23 Oct. First time I've flown from Knock Airport, found it so strange as everything was so near, no long corridors etc. Was with my mother who needs a wheelchair, all assistance good. Was very wary of using Ryanair as normally travel with Aer Lingus especially with a wheelchair, I needn't have worried as everyone was very helpful. Fantastic that you can book seats, I went for "PREM" seating rows 3B/3C outbound 2B/2C inbound. Faro based Portuguese crew on both directions and they were excellent, only gripe is selection of food/drinks is only average, but I found they have improved immensely since I gave up flying with them about 3 years ago, I would certainly use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2014 by N Harvey    (UK)

31/10, FR293 from Stansted to Dublin 19.40. Left it late to advise gate 88 instead of 49 - loads of panting passengers. Also they have a very relaxed attitude towards schedule and timekeeping. Sat for ages awaiting confirmation of passengers etc prior to takeoff. Ryanair customer service appalling as staff members more interested in selling priority seats than helping people who had missed flights due to traffic problems. Oddly we sat there waiting for one passenger - how does that work? I am now looking to avoid Stansted as its like a third world airport.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2014 by S Cooke    (UK)

Barcelona to Birmingham, FR9162 31st Oct. Love Ryanair, so much better now with allocated seating and the extra bag makes so much sense - can now take my handbag and my small suitcase on with no problems. Had more of a problem with Monarch - I had to empty the contents of my handbag into my duty free bag - what a waste of time as I was still taking same amount on to plane!! Well done Ryanair for sensible rules.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Trevor Nesbitt    (UK)

Dublin to Lanzorate to Dublin in October, flights cost almost £1000 for 2 people. Boarded the plane, took our seats, I'm tall and ended up looking at my knees for the duration of the flight. Looking for somewhere to put my newspaper and the other normal things you bring onboard - there was no little pocket at the back of the seat in front of me, with the result I had to pile everything on my knee, leaving the tray table in a very awkward position. The lady came around with drinks, I ordered a coke which turned out to be the smallest can of pepsi in the world for 2.50 euros. No frills, 100 per cent, low cost, not really. Would I fly Ryanair again? Not unless I was really pushed.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jean Mann    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham to Barcelona last month, excellent flight and service. Arrived ten minutes ahead of schedule. We fly with Ryanair at least six times a year and have never had a problem. Yes - there are a few rules and regulations but if you abide by them there shouldn't be any problems. We are flying to Dublin next week, return ticket less than a one way train fare to London! The added advantage of being able to take two bags as hand luggage has come as a real bonus.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Crawford David    (UK)

Paphos to Rome. FR 9697. October 31. Business Plus is a waste of money if there is a bus from the terminal to the plane since then one does not receive Priority Boarding. Also there is no Priority Deboarding so if one is in row 16/17 and there are exits front and rear, then one is last off the plane and last at Passport Control. To be of value Business Plus passengers should always board first and deplane first. This would mean that the passengers would travel in a separate bus and all the Business Plus seats should be at the front of the plane, just as in  any other airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Gillespie    (UK)

We flew to and from Cork from Stansted and had no problems whatsoever. Flights were bang on time, crew were nice.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Grinsted David    (UK)

We flew Stansted to Ancona for a few days at the end of September. A lot of the reviews here knock Ryanair but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by the service provided. Apart from that awful jingle on landing, the inflight experience was fine and the cabin crew polite and helpful. Stansted passenger handling airside is appalling, but that is not Ryanair's fault. I will definitely fly Ryanair again as long as it is hopefully not from Stansted!

Ryanair Customer review :  31 October 2014 by W Geraghty    (UK)

Flew back from Malaga on Saturday booked assistance and was taken straight to boarding gate and left there without wheelchair, when I asked how I could get to toilet was told I could walk. Waited an hour and then everyone boarded the plane which took another hour, I was put on last and as we boarded from front I was in row 30 and had to get to back of plane past everyone who was trying to get suitcases up and settled. It was a nightmare which could have been avoided if they had checked where I was sitting and put me on first. The wheelchair at Stansted had been left at front of plane, I came off from back and no one came to get me, my Mum had to go and get wheelchair and take me up to passport control.

Ryanair Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Monaghan    (Ireland)

Flew from Leeds Bradford to Dublin. New "customer service" standards mean you don't have to queue down staircase anymore. Ryanair have decided passengers need fresh air. So we waited alongside aircraft stand in cold windy weather, with free kerosene fumes thrown in! Looking forward to the day when Ryanair learns what "customers" really are!

Ryanair Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Ayres Marina    (Canada)

I flew with Ryanair on Sept. 19/14 Dublin to Gatwick. As I had not checked in online I was told that I had to pay 70 Euros. I explained that I did not have access to a computer but that was no excuse - they said I would have to pay or I was not going anywhere. I had already paid 30 Euros for my piece of Luggage at time of booking so after paying and having requested wheelchair assistance on my original booking I was told to sit on a bench and wait. Eventually I was taken the departure gate only to be told after waiting 1/2 an hour and asking, that the plane was 45 minutes late and would be leaving from a different gate. When we finally boarded - I did have priority boarding, but that didn't seem to matter I had to walk across the tarmac to the plane and with much difficulty, walk up the steps to the aircraft with my small carry on (I was not offered any assistance) to the last row. The last straw was when we were finally airborne, I asked for a drink of water to take some medication and was told it would cost me 3 euros. Needless to say I will not be flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by B Johnnie    (UK)

Just returned from a trip to Budapest. There were 6 people in our party. My wife and I were outvoted and Ryanair was selected because they were cheaper. As first time Ryanair flyers we were extremely worried about all the hype that seems to follow Ryanair. The check in at Stansted was smooth and friendly, no waiting. The flight was 15mins late taking off but arrived early. The plane was clean and more room than I had when I flew with Virgin. No problems at all! Stick to the rules and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Leslie Cadwallader    (UK)

AGP - LPL. Usually fly with easyJet, but Ryanair had a more convenient time for our return from Malaga. Had to pay for seats in order to print off boarding passes before leaving home, so went the whole hog and paid for priority boarding as well. Didn't encounter any problems, although the boarding agents did not arrive till 10 minutes before the gate was officially due to close. No checking of hand luggage dimensions nor application of ruling to allow first 90 bags only onboard as far as we could see so the last passengers to board were struggling to find locker space. Perhaps with a late night flight staff are more concerned about getting home as quickly as possible. Almost 15 minutes late taking off but made up time en route. Cabin crew were friendly and worked hard, both helping passengers to stow bags and then later serving refreshments etc. Overall a relatively painless trip, though not as relaxing as with easyJet. Minor gripes - the "leather" seats are rather unforgiving after a couple of hours and the announcements from the cabin and cockpit crew often difficult to hear as Ryanair's Boeings seem noisier than easyJet's Airbuses and crew tended to gabble, anyway.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by I Rohman    (Spain)

FR5262-FR2345-FR2525 (SVQ-BVA-GSE/10 October) on the way back (GSE-AGP/13 October) flying with 2 kids (3.5 and 1.5). Found there are no better routes connecting SVQ and GOT/GSE, these flights were the best option. As a point to point airline, Ryanair never puts any responsibilities for any delays causing missed connections. We had a sharp 2 hrs at Paris to catch the next flight while the first flight from Seville was delayed a slightly over an hour due to extreme weather. You cannot expect a better pilot on SVQ-BVA route who was very informative and explained to us the delay causing him to change the parking three times and eventually used the airbridge. Flight from BVA was delayed allowing us to have an extra time. Return journey was fine. All in all very satisfied with the flights. We enjoyed both food along the way. They are kind with the cabin baggage. Ryanair today seems to be the 2.0 version than the one in 2000's. Very pleasant flight!

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Walker    (UK)

First and last experience with this airline. Outward flight from Leeds Bradford to Chania was OK, and if it had been the same on the return flight then we would have flown with them again. Check in at Chania was an absolute shambles, made worse by the fact I'd bought a bouzouki in Crete and was unaware of Ryanair's attitude to musical instruments. At the check in I was obliged to pay 60 Euro and had to have it placed in the hold. I accept the fact that a musical instrument can be a bit of a hazard on a plane, but it would have easily have fitted in the overhead locker. None of the cabin crew on the return flight had English as a first language, and were unable to offer me concise instruction on how I was to claim the instrument at Leeds Bradford. The menus were in Euros yet the cabin crew asked for payment in sterling, with the inevitable delay whilst currency conversions were carried out. This slowed the catering service down so much that it wasn't worth bothering with. We paid extra for priority boarding, although this does not seem to offer any priority at check-in, and is a complete waste of time at Chania, as staff try and make as much bonus as they can by finding oversize and overweight hand luggage. We were ignored by ground staff when we tried to use the Priority lane. It's a case of first come first served until one of the check in staff decides to stem the flow and call the priority passengers forward. We also paid a premium for extra legroom in row 16. The extra legroom was appreciated but the seats are very narrow with fixed armrests, and were not very comfortable at all. Also, the cabin crew are ruthless about loose items in that seat row, and my wife was made to wear a cardigan she had on her lap, until the aircraft had taken off. No doubt there will be many who are obliged to use this carrier to visit family or their holiday homes abroad, and they will have obviously conditioned themselves to flying with Ryanair, but I can assure you that so long as there is a choice we will not be repeating the experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Nyall Greene    (Australia)

Flight from DUB-PMO. Have flown Ryanair many times and so long as you stick to their policy have never had a problem. Aircraft was almost new, pleasant staff, food ok for the cost, flight departed on time both ways, usual scrum for seats although seats are allocated. You can print your boarding passes from 2 hours up to 30 days before you fly - this information is not in the fine print, it's in bold print and you even get a follow up email well before your departure date. Reading some reviews not sure that a 24 sheet billboard parked in the driveway would be a big enough prompt. We fly Ryanair every time we visit Europe.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Enrique Lama    (Mexico)

I booked a ticket from Venice to Brussels. First time at these cities. First time traveling with Ryanair. 70 Euro charge for no online check-in is abusive. This killed any savings from traveling with them. In addition both airports are quite remote from the respective target cites. Add 1 hour bus for getting to the airport and out of the air port for each city. This is awful. Would rather much fly with regular airline than them.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 October 2014 by G Turner    (UK)

Flew with Ryanair in September, been traveling with them twice a year to Crete from LBA never had a problem and always been on time - sometimes early. The foods not all that good and the seating a bit cramped but its a budget airline. We always book our seats and get priority boarding and this time fast track for a couple of quid. For all the extras we book it still works out very very cheap compared to all other airlines. It seams a bit of a rush at times but what do you want? I want to get on, get there, get off and start my holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by J Hunt    (UK)

EDI to MLA return end Sep/start Oct. First time with Ryanair after spending the last 10 years avoiding it. No choice but to fly with them due to virtual door-to-door nature of route for quick Maltese holiday with a bit of business thrown in. Was expecting the worst, but pleasantly surprised by on-time flights for both sectors, decent if unspectacular seating and lack of the patrolling of queue by staff looking for oversized baggage - it appears that they've chilled out a little. So, nothing to complain about as such, other than £4 for a 330ml can of Heineken, which I obviously passed on. Would fly again, but it's going to take a while for me to lose my prejudices about this airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Erica Adams    (UK)

I have nothing but praise for Ryanair. I flew for the first time (alone) at 75 years old, from Stansted to Alicante, and back. Nothing to write home about maybe, but, I suffer from dreadful claustrophobia, and have not used public transport for over 40 years! I did book an aisle seat and found it perfectly comfortable, the staff were polite and helpful, also fellow travellers who when I asked, gave me details of what to do, where to go, etc. Was a little off putting when my cabin case on the return journey was put in the hold, it was correct size, and underweight, and lots boarded after me with cases. I would certainly fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Shoesmith Michael    (UK)

14th October, Manchester to Ibiza, 06.15, left on time and arrived just 5 minutes late which is an exception for Ryanair as I travel with them about 6-7 times a year. The plane was a quarter full and the service basic, but the cabin crew did their job professionally. I will keep using Ryanair because their prices are extremely hard to match and their rules are simple, just read the terms and conditions and be patient, too many people criticise them because they don't know any different, well done Ryanair once again and thank you! 1000 miles of air travel for £25.99 is a huge bargain!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by John Roberson    (UK)

Used Ryanair for the first time recently, and found the experience very good. Got to destination on time with no problems whatsoever. Seat comfort was ok for the 3hrs 15min flight with adequate legroom for my 6 foot tall frame. All in all happy with the Ryanair product and will fly with them again if price is competitive.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Lowe    (UK)

Very pleased and surprised by Ryanair. First time we have flown with them. Leeds Bradford to Crete. Pleasant air crew, efficient, comfortable. Return flight 40 mins early.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by A J Hailstone    (UK)

My wife and I fly regularly from Luton to Nimes France, we are pleased to get some cheap flights and the journey is not long and we are o/k with the plane and crew, but why at Luton do the staff or authorities check our passports and boarding passes and send us outside the departure lounge to wait for the plane to be ready in all sorts of rotten weather under a flimsy open canopy.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2014 by R Singletary    (UK)

Flew STN-CIA-STN, with flights on time for both parts of the journey. Everything was what one might expect of a low cost carrier so no surprises there. However, I missed my first flight due to 'visa check' procedures they require for those who are not EU/EEA citizens. Even though I did not require a visa for either of my destinations, their insistence on this was not the real problem however, but that they had so few agents working that this process took much longer than the security check on both legs of my journey. So, it really spoiled my experience (especially in missing my first flight which then caused me to incur additional charges to get onto the next flight) simply because they did not have enough agents working. Additionally, because they made such a fuss over 'checking visas' I would have assumed they would be able to provide UK arrival cards on-board since they would know non EU/EEA citizens need these, as I've always done this with any other flight instead of having to fill one out after landing. They however did not have these on the return flight, which meant I spent even more time at the UK immigration check simply because they did not have them.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Prust    (Germany)

Flew Frankfurt Hahn to Plovdiv and returned a couple of days later. The flights were on time and the planes were reasonably clean. We travelled with hand baggage only and didn't pay extra for seat allocation. We travel regularly with Ryanair and rarely experience problems - I find them more reliable than many other airlines. The return flight was 2 1/2 hours and I think that this is the limit that I'd be prepared to fly with Ryanair. After two hours you do start to notice the hardness of the seat and lack of leg room, but for short flights they're good.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Lamba Ishaan    (India)

I travelled from Frankfurt (HHN) to Stansted (STN). The flight was as good as any cheap airline. Can't say much about seat comfort or staff as you really don't expect that from them. Really new to the concept of bringing your own boarding pass from home and being charged if you don't. I'm pretty sure there will come a time when these airlines would want you to bring your own seatbelts and oxygen masks. The ground staff very strict for checking your baggage weight. First at the check-in, then again after the security check which was an inconvenience and didn't really make sense. Overall, it serves its purpose of getting you from point A to B.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Alex Gaw    (UK)

Excellent flights to and from Prestwick to Palma. On time, quick check in at Palma - stick to rules and no problems ever. Its the people who are the problem - 5 flights in 3years never a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J Andrews    (UK)

Once again a brilliant flight to Tenerife. No problems whatsoever, we fly with them for family holidays at least twice a year and have always found the staff to be very helpful. We are already looking for our next holiday and will definitely be flying Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Crisp Jacqueline    (UK)

We went to the check-in desk, friendly young lady and once on the plane we were seated together, hand luggage no problem, plenty of leg room for the first time ever my knees did not touch the back of the seat in front of me. The cabin crew were attentive and there was a choice of reasonable priced food and drink. Coming back, printed out boarding passes in hotel and had seats together again. All the bad press Ryanair receive as far as we are concerned is completely unjustified, just keeping fingers crossed me writing this has not put the mockers on any future flight we may have with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Schmidt    (USA)

I'm a first time user of Ryanair. I don't mind that the plane is crowded or amenities are non-existent. I expected that at the price but I have a big gripe with their fees. I didn't know that boarding passes could not be printed at the airport. It was pointed out to me by the staff that the fine print does say I needed to print my pass. Also I was sent a warning email which I didn't see since I was in the middle of my vacation. Then I find the "fee" is 70 euros each for my wife and I. This isn't a fee, this is a punishment. I sent a complaint letter to Ryanair and the response was that this charge was correct according to their policy. Well it isn't a very satisfactory policy. I could have flown a normal airline for the total amount I paid Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Royal    (USA)

I fly all over the world and even use low cost regional airlines in the states, but this takes the cake. Checked in online but couldn't print boarding pass. No notes online that there are huge fees to print at airport. There was no clear check in sign in Edinburgh, but thankfully also no queue, and 3 staff standing around chatting. When they finally decided to talk to us and tell us of the 20 pound check in fee, they said they couldn't help us and we had to use the check in machine well across the way. The check in unit wouldn't process us and told us to see agent. The agent couldn't take our money and sent us all the way round to baggage to pay for boarding passes, but then we had to take receipt back to first woman to get actual boarding card and drop prepaid bag! Our hand luggage was grabbed at the gate and we were made to pay £50, even though it was within weight. Flight was delayed an hour originally, but left 2 hours late to Dublin. Flight should have been an hour, but with delays took over 3 hours. Stay away from this airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Grace Muddiman    (UK)

Like many I was reading bad reviews before my trip so was expecting bad things but my experience from Luton to Beziers on 27th Sep was faultless for a budget flight, on time departure and return, pleasant staff, smooth flight and no fussing over hand luggage size both ways. What do people expect if you want more fly with more expensive airlines and expect delays.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by B Philpott    (UK)

Actual flight both ways was good but the handling at Stansted and Rhodes wasn't. We felt like cattle not customers. Stansted we were held up getting to airport, we had priority booking but had to wait with everyone else as priority queue had gone, therefore one of the cabin bags had to go in the hold. At Rhodes we were first to check-in and they took the first 90 cabin bags in the hold. Surely it should be the last? There seems no reason now to take cabin bags at all! The benefit, apart from the cost, is that you can exit the airport much quicker at your destination. Waiting for cabin bags takes as long as waiting for large luggage. The overhead luggage compartments were half empty. It just seems like another Ryanair useless rule.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Hussey    (Ireland)

Flew Ryanair many times, however most common route I fly is KIR-LTN. Most recent flight SNN-SXF. Ryanair is a very good airline in my opinion. Despite flying to airports that only the CIA has heard of, and advertising the airport for the capital city of Slovenia (it's Bratislava) as Vienna, it's very handy. I use it often, and I have never had a problem with Ryanair. Even with hidden fees, tickets for me seem cheaper than Aer Lingus. The aircraft are clean, but still somewhat dark and gloomy and the seats are uncomfortable, horrible on a late-night flights or dawn when you try and catch some sleep, however still possible. The snacks and drinks on board are still a reasonable price, and the crew are friendly. The toilets are excellent, being bright and clean. Ryanair gets the job done.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by W Graham    (Scotland)

Flight number FR694 on the 6th of September from Prestwick, UK to Ibiza, Spain. The majority of passengers onboard this drink fuelled flight were unruly, drunken and aggressive towards other passengers despite the best efforts of the 4 onboard cabin crew. Language throughout was absolutely foul. As a grandmother travelling with 2 young infants under the age of four the condition experienced in the cabin were shocking. Passengers were swearing, were drinking open duty free, were throwing objects from in front and behind us. Safety announcements could not be heard as passengers were playing music from bluetooth devices and the cabin was totally out of control. Cabin crew were very concerned however, despite the best efforts to contain behaviour there was no way they could control the passengers. The crew threatened to divert the aircraft to France, and also threatened the majority of passengers with the police meeting them on arrival at the destination. The main point is that safety notices were completely ignored, myself and my family felt totally unsafe during the flight. My grand-daughters aged two and three have never been exposed to such outrageous language and behaviour - the conditions on this flight were not safe and were not suitable for a family. Access to toilets involved standing for 40 minutes in crowds of alcohol fuelled louts. Many of the passengers boarded the flight inebriated, one group drank a litre bottle of duty free vodka onboard the flight whilst throwing coins around the cabin. We are feeling extremely anxious about our return journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Very short flight from Barcelona to Palma (FR 6362) yet the crew managed to do their inflight service and the usual thing of hawking a few scratch cards. What was more amazing is that the crew were in a good mood, seemed happy enough to be there and actually seemed to like each other - they even had the pax laughing! After numerous FR flights with miserable looking crews this was a pleasant surprise. Maybe the new positively is filtering down to the cabin crew? Only downside is the trumpet sound or whatever it was when landing but great all round otherwise.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Martina O'Shea    (Ireland)

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I received on the evening of 26th Sep in Wroclaw airport related to a Ryanair flight. I paid extra for priority boarding both to and from Wroclaw. We departed from Cork last Sunday night and all was fine apart from minor delays at the final door prior to leaving the airport to make our way to the plane. On the other hand the service that we received in Wroclaw was an absolute disgrace. Both myself and my friend were the third and fourth in the queue, went through the first check in gates to go down to the foyer leading to the Tarmac and plane. The other q passengers then went through their check in procedure. We all were massed in this small foyer for approx 20 mins and then they decided to open the gates and push approx 6 different families with buggies on top of us. Needless to say it was absolute bedlam by the time the doors were finally opened. There was an elderly Polish lady who had also paid for priority boarding who was pushed out of the way with the stampede to get to the plane. They really need to look at your procedures around check in and boarding as I have never experienced anything like this before. I would suggest that people with buggies should be checked in first and that these then should be placed in the foyer. The next passengers to be checked in should be priority passengers as after all they have paid for the privilege of this service! Finally the passengers who are in the alternative queue should then be checked in. The door should be manned to ensure that priority passengers are treated fairly.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Curtis    (UK)

When travelling from Palma to Stansted, I had a broken foot and was on crutches. Myself and an elderly lady with hip problems had booked assistance which didn't materialise. Last on the plane, we were told that a) the booking hadn't been made (even though we produced our booking papers) and b) there were no wheelchairs available and we had to make it to the terminal under our own steam. As the next set of passengers were queuing at the foot of the steps, we felt compelled to get off. No staff took responsibility for us once we were on the tarmac. Luckily, a Stansted Airport employee was passing by the window and saw me struggling down the steps on crutches and rushed to our aid. She was horrified that we had been abandoned and quickly obtained wheelchairs for us both. Herself and a colleague took us all the way to the outside. No credit at all to Ryanair who's main objective was to get us off the plane so that the next flight could get under way.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Jarvis    (UK)

I have always praised Ryanair as good value when considering the cost, however they really let themselves down on 29th Sept. Arrived at Stansted near midnight and could not even see terminal from where plane stopped. Then had to wait nearly 30 mins as staff had not thought to arrange transport, even the pilot was fed up with their lack of organisational skills. Sorry Ryanair very disappointed.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Dionne Roberts    (Ireland)

I have used Ryanair for years now, sometimes 5 times per year in general and all is good. I booked a flight for my daughter and 2 year old granddaughter. When she left Shannon all was well until her return flight home from Tenerife. 6.30 am she checked in for the free allocation of seats, they were allocated separate seats opposite side aisles. My daughter went early to the departures queue and boarded one of the first after priority boarding and explained to one of the crew, they told her to take her seats and they would try to change her once they were in the air. I find this quite incredible for a flight to take off with a 2 year old baby sat on her own. Surely the crew have the option to change a free allocated seat but what amazes me more was Ryanair had all details as you have to register a child separately when booking. Why if they want more money for a flight just put the price out in the first instance.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Dine    (UK)

I flew from Bournemouth 22/09/14 to Carcassonne and returned 26/09/14. Staff were friendly and helpful at both airports, I didn't see one query about baggage for any passenger and the plane was early on both flights. Although worried about the bad reviews that I read before I left, I wouldn't hesitate to fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Mihai    (Romania)

DUB to BVA on the morning flight. Bought the ticket online 2 weeks ahead, and it was cheaper that the taxi ride to the airport. Did not expect much, but I was quite impressed with them. I work as Cabin Crew, so I do know how to travel with a low cost carrier. I paid the extra 10eur for a seat on the first row. Extremely comfortable, and thanks to the included priority boarding, hassle free experience in the airport. My bag was a bit bigger (the side which was supposed to be just 20cm was slightly larger, did not experience any problem). Staff extremely polite and professional both in the airport and in the air. Flight landed 5min early in BVA, so absolutely nothing to complain about. I paid 23eur for a flight ticket, and got early to my destination, on board a brand new Boeing 737 aircraft (the aircraft had been delivered only a week before). I will definitely fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 September 2014 by C Lane    (UK)

Flew from Bristol to Malaga arriving 4.5 hours late due to technical problems. Sat on the plane for an hour or more before being told it could not be fixed. Were not informed that we could have vouchers for snacks, found out by chance that by producing the boarding pass at the counter that we were entitled to £3.50 each. When we eventually took off at 10.30 pm we arrived at Malaga to find that our shuttle service had gone. This was now around 2.30 in the morning. Had to take a taxi at an extra cost to us of £100 - eventually arrived at our destination at 3.30 am - not good for two 73 year olds! Came home to two emails from Ryanair telling us that we were not eligible to the over three hour delay compensation due to some clause - a real get out clause if you ask me.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2014 by S Mann    (UK)

We flew back to England from Rhodes on 20/09/2014, we pre paid for priority seating, which we did not have, people who had not paid extra, got on board first. The flight was four hours to England, went to the toilet to find out that there was no toilet paper or tissue in the toilets. The air crew told us that they did not have any onboard. When we landed it took an hour and a half to get our baggage. Will think twice before flying with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by R Lancastle    (UK)

Bristol-Malta-Bristol. Family of three. Having travelled extensively on major carriers world wide with 500,000 miles under my belt and having read all the negative reviews I was apprehensive about using Ryanair for a family holiday- my concerns were unfounded. Both sectors were seamless, ground crew and flight crew were polite and helpful. Got on got off, arrived safely at a fair price - no problem. Only issue is the holding pen at Bristol, an excuse for an international airport - not the carriers fault though. Quite impressed really!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Doris Phillips    (UK)

Travelled on 10/09/14 - having booked airport wheelchair and assistance for boarding to gate and vice versa for departure and both return flight. To my dismay no wheelchair had been arranged at the Dusseldorf Weeze airport. Bus driver unlocked padlock of chained up wheelchairs. Stewards failed to inform arrival airport of my pre-booked requirements. Staff should also insure that passenger take their allocated seats - had a lady whose body posture was extremely intimidating and hostile because she could not get out fast enough caused by her sitting in the wrong seat. Flying back same problem again - staff did not inform Stansted airport of my pre-booked requirements. Was stranded for more than 15 minutes outside the aircraft on the tarmac before porter with wheelchair turned up. I shan't forget the blank expression on the faces of the aircrew staff, either which made me feel very uncomfortable, I'm sure it can be improved with more staff training and please slow down the food and drink trolleys as no one gets a chance to buy anything at this speed and it might cause an accident.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Ken Felton    (UK)

Flew NCL to Gerona, flights were on time and staff well trained and helpful. We have used Ryanair quite a few times and have never had problems with delayed times, staff etc. The only niggle is that sometimes the cabin could be cleaner!