Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Nick Warner    (UK)

This airline continues to show it has no interest in customer service or staff training. Only bottom line. After arriving at Stansted 3 hours before the flight was due to depart we arrived at the boarding gate during final flight call. Why? Because of the throng of people Ryanair euphemistically call a queue, attempting to check- in their bags at their bag-drops manned by the Ryanair Gestapo. It appears these rude, unhelpful staff's main training was on extracting extra cash wherever it is physically possible. To watch so many people removing items from hold bags only to add them to their cabin luggage is farcical. Or would be if it wasn't so sad. In my own case, my bag was 5kg under and my travelling partner's was nearly 1kg over. No problem you would think, there is still a net difference of -4kg. But no, as the tickets weren't booked on the same reference number we were deemed to be travelling separately. Even though we had booked seat numbers next to each other, and paid the extra, we were still flying separately according to the misery behind the counter. Ok, so it's no real effort to undo her bag, remove a few bits and put them into the bag you are going to take into the cabin with you. But multiply that with the amount of people doing the same and you soon end up with massive queues. And both bags are going onto the plane anyway! Fortunately, flying back was with EasyJet who managed the same procedure in less than 15 minutes. I know who I will always use in the future.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Chinnery    (UK)

This flight is OK. The new Ryanair is the same quality as easyjet or Norwegian. There are improvements which made the journey fine and we will fly the airline again. We got to new Stansted airport and the experience was OK. Boarding opened 1 hour before and began 40mins before. The plane departed on time and smoothly. There are no advertisements on the overhead bins and there where no scratch cards. An ok trolley came with food for sale. OK priced. Better than the airport. We landed 15mins early and no fanfare? It was a shock but fine so you don't wake up suddenly. It was a good trip with an improved service. Travelled 17/08/14, STN-LRH, 07.30.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by G Nobbs    (UK)

STN-DUB-STN; I was expecting the journey from hell on the way out, but in fairness the outward journey was far from unpleasant, however the seat wasn't brilliant, it was harder than a rock, however there wasn't much in the way of on-board advertising on the way out, and we were in Dublin on time. The return flight a few days after was quite badly delayed, we were probably in the air, about 30 minutes after we should have left Dublin. We did board, and got underway after a while, but there was the substantial delay (which went without explanation), and then they had the audacity to start flogging superfluous amounts of miscellaneous tat. After spending an hour in a queue in Dublin T1, I don't want perfume or scratch cards, I want quiet! Ryanair are perfectly okay for those who want a cheap holiday, but I would much rather pay the extra and fly with either BA or Aer Lingus from Heathrow.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by B Young    (France)

La Rochelle to Dublin. I was not expecting much and got less. First, ticket was no bargain, only flew Ryan because US friends had already booked return to France. Priority seating is a complete waste of money. By the time your in the last cattle call line it's ignored and not enforced. Seats do not recline, there are ads on the overhead bins and seat backs. Hard working crew but constantly selling everything from food, perfume, lottery tickets to charities, total chaos. I am not a picky passenger, flew 30 years non-revenue expecting little on no service. For the stress it would not be worth flying Ryanair again if the seat was free.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by D O'Hagan    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Palma, 1/8/14, FR2326. Palma to Leeds Bradford, 8/8/14, FR2327. Having not flown for 14 years because of a fear of flying, I decided to take the plunge and book. Past reviews about Ryanair made me nervous, and my computer skills are a little rusty. However, having read the instructions my husband and I printed off our boarding passes etc without problem. I found Ryanair staff to be very courteous and understanding of my anxiety issues. I had a good flight both there and back and would use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Crowe    (UK)

Stansted to Pescara, 9th August 14, flight 982. Ryanair check in queue system totally understaffed. Waited 1.5 hours to check in our bags, and made the boarding gate with 2 minutes to spare. Many customers were arguing with the check-in staff, some crying, some paying huge additional amounts for not having printed their boarding cards in advance (rip-off prices and makes the queues even worse). Total chaos and ruins the start of your holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Neil Nortcliffe    (UK)

Last flew with Ryanair 10th and 15th Aug 2014, LPL-BCN-LPL. Excellent flights both ways - an unexpected bonus was getting premium seats and priority boarding at no extra cost when we checked in online two days before flying. Cabin crew courteous and friendly and both flights, although each about 10 mins late pushing back from stand landed on time. Use Ryanair about 12 times a year and have never had a bad flight except for one (MAN-FAO, Feb 2014), which was delayed because of storms which affected all flights to Southern Europe that evening. Crew were trying to be helpful but abusive and drunken behaviour from a mixed group of twenty something's caused us to miss our revised take-off slot while the police removed them. As long as you read the website carefully and follow the booking and check-in instructions Take a bit of responsibility for your own arrangements then there shouldn't be a problem - although it never ceases to amaze me how many people forget to pack their brains when they travel.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Vicki Ridge    (UK)

9th August, FR8241. Have just come back from Mallorca having flown for the first time with Ryanair. Have to admit was very worried due to comments made about flying with this airline. We found the check in lady very pleasant and kind who made checking in our luggage very easy. The aircrew were helpful and cheerful and although we were late leaving by 30 minutes, could not have served us any better. It was very busy at Mallorca airport on our departure and we had a bit of a wait in the queue but this was because most people had not checked the weight of their luggage so were re-packing. Staff not as quick as from Bristol but once we were on the plane the cabin crew were lovely.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by N L Jones    (UK)

I flew from Bristol to Alicante and then Alicante to Bristol. I will never fly with Ryanair again, I paid £70 for my suitcase to fly out and home. Arriving in Alicante I was charged another 50 euros because they had made a mistake but was told I could claim this back when I got home. I emailed Ryanair no response from them so I rang, I was on hold for 20 minutes just for them to say my case was overweight. I was allowed 20 kilos of weight, my suitcase was 16 kilos. The food on the plane was far too expensive. £5 for a soggy sandwich! The staff service was appalling! I wouldn't recommend them.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Camagi Giacomo    (Italy)

Flew in May, BLQ-RYG (Bologna-Oslo Rygge) the plane was almost empty, there were 40-50 passengers on board, that was good because I was able to sit in the emergency exit seat without paying anything more! The flight was OK, the plane clean. The crew gave us food twice on a flight of two hours. I recommend Ryanair!

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by K Connor    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh-Alicante. Had allocated seats so didn't see the point in queuing like a sheep. Joined the queue when there was 5 people left, got my partners bag checked into the hold free of charge due to lack of cabin space. Took our seats and our nice smooth flight was over and done with in 2hours and 40minutes as scheduled. On board there was a few hiccups, the cabin crew hadn't handed out the inflight magazine which includes the food menu and were only three aisles away from me, I asked for a book and calmly stated "you should have already handed these out!". The stewardess immediately apologised and offered me an extra 10% off perfumes, which I did not use. Also in the row behind us was three kids (in three seats with no adults), one young child proceeded to kick my partners chair rather violently, whilst the parents were relaxing with headphones on, unaware to their child's misbehaviour, again a quick word to the stewardess and an adult was moved beside the children and the mischief stopped. My only concern is I am a tall man and with having not booked extra legroom I found the flight quite uncomfortable.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 August 2014 by D Simson    (UK)

FR1448. Ryanair really can't help annoying customers can they? Now there are allocated seats, priority boarding has no real value. So what do they tell you? - "If you want to guarantee to have your hand luggage with you on the plane then you should pay for priority boarding". So in effect you are being charged for having your bag with you. I am a regular traveller so don't take hold luggage to avoid the waiting at the destination. The small bag allocation is insufficient so I rely on the hand luggage. There is a hand luggage locker for every seat on the plane, so how can they justify "first 60 only"? Ryanair shareholder please note, if there is an alternative to Ryanair then that's still the one I choose!

Ryanair Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Paul Hunt    (UK)

I fly with Ryanair about 20 times a year. They are consistently reliable and punctual. The only time they let me down was when the ash cloud happened. The prices are fantastic but you have to be flexible to get the best deals. They are not BA but you need the mind set that it is like catching a train and do not expect luxury. But it means I visit my house in Portugal regularly and often pay more for the car parking than the flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by P Lutterer    (UK)

Flying London Gatwick to Shannon in Ireland. No problems but not a cheap flight for a flight that only took an hour. Cheaper to fly to Malaga with a different low cost airline when you take into account the cost of hold luggage. Saying that we would probably use them again as we liked Shannon Airport. If you have to wait at Shannon find the brilliant viewing area on the third floor with free WiFi.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by M Wickham    (Ireland)

Flew Shannon-Poitiers-Stansted-Shannon. All flights were late leaving but made up time except for the Poitiers- Stansted leg which was delayed by 1 hour due to a passenger injury at boarding time. My only gripe is that I had booked a Shannon-Nantes flight and Hertz car hire in January. Ryanair cancelled the Nantes fight in May, offering a flight to Poitiers or money back. Transfer went very smoothly. However Hertz told me that they did not have an office in Poitiers and my only option was to cancel which I did only to be charged a 50 euro cancellation fee even though I had booked through Ryanair. Small print and all that. Ryanair flights were excellent with very friendly and helpful staff.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by J ONeill    (UK)

Took flights as a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children Stansted to Alicante and back. First time taking hand luggage only, with Ryanair (used easyjet in May) and as Ryanair now allow your handbag too it has made the whole process much easier. I would put them above Easjet for that fact alone. Had a lovely Spanish crew on the return journey and the flight arrived slightly ahead of schedule. As others have said as long as you follow their strict rules on baggage and boarding passes there should not be a problem. I booked priority boarding for both journeys as it helps with the children to not have too long a queue and sort out seats and luggage before the plane becomes packed.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (The Netherlands)

Dortmund-Krakow RTN. Avoided Ryanair because of their aggressive policy, but decided to give them a try again. Finally Ryanair has understood that free seating leading to a scrum has had its longest time. The allocated seating for decent fees is a big improvement. Onboard only harassed once for a lottery. No constant announcements for buying this and that anymore. Leg room stays a problem though as they press 198 passengers into a Boeing 737-800. Wouldn't bear a FR-flight longer than two hours. All in all a decent experience for less than 200 euro rtn for two, including bag, priority boarding - worked well, but isn't really necessary anymore with allocated seating - and reserved seat. If you reserve a seat at the time of booking you can can check in 30 days prior to departure. Well worth the extra fee for people who complain they can't print their boarding passes while being away from home.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 August 2014 by P Allen    (UK)

Return flight from Palma to Stansted on 7th Aug 2014. Arriving at the airport we went through the check-in etc and proceeded to departure to then be told the flight was delayed. Then for almost 2/3 hrs we were told different stories about what was happening. It turned out that the plane required full checks before flying, why oh why couldn't we have had the truth up front. We were herded together like cattle in departure with no air conditioning, no drinks were offered for the children until just as we boarded. On the positive our hold case was brought through to us so my husband could get his medication. In fairness my husband and I were assisted by a lovely lady who fast tracked us through, as we were both struggling with the long walk and queues through the checks, both having mobility problems. She was so kind and wasn't asked to help, lovely to see that there is someone willing to go the extra mile.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by I Stevenson    (UK)

Flew Edin-Malta-Edin with my 5 year old son for 7 days and so was unable to print off return boarding pass before arriving in Malta. There are no internet cafes in Sliema, Malta so thought would print off boarding pass at machine at the airport. On arriving at Malta airport 2 hours 20 minutes before my flight a particularly grumpy Ryanair agent took up 10 minutes of my time telling me I was too late and should have done this in Malta (How exactly if there are no internet cafes and you do not stay in a hotel?) before finally pointing me towards the computer where I could do this. This touchscreen computer was slow and unresponsive and so I was 2 minutes late to meet the 2 hour deadline because of this woman's complete lack of customer service. An EUR 140 fee and a horrible, stressful end to the holiday. What gets me is that I knew I had to print the boarding pass off 2 hours before and made a fair effort to do so leaving 20 minutes to do this on arrival at the airport. I noticed Lufthansa had dedicated machines clearly visible for this purpose. I had to beg this woman to tell me where was the Ryan Air machine before she pointed it out to me, all the while telling me I was too late etc when I still had time. However, reading other reviews it looks as if even if I had been at the airport much earlier that the fee might still have been charged. I am sure they can afford to install these with all the EUR 70 fees they have been stashing away this summer.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Freer Christa    (UK)

London (Stansted) to Bremen (Germany) return. Beware of Ryanair suitcase check-in/drop off unless you want to risk missing your flight. Checked-in online with only a trundle. Drove from Leicester to Stansted. Arrived 2 hours before the flight and were met with chaos as my niece (on same flight with us) who had come to visit needed to drop off her suitcase (also already checked-in online). Passengers of numerous flights had all been lumped together into one disorientated heap of people with check-in operating at slow pace. The usual clue as to the destination above the relevant individual check-in desks was not there and was replaced by one single queue/lump of chaos. One distraught couple told me that they had already been queuing for 40 minutes at the wrong Ryanair desk round the corner. I asked a passing Ryanair staff if we were in the right queue (although it was hard to describe it as such) and pointed out that our flight was about to close. He confirmed we were. 15 minutes later he asked passengers for the Bremen flight to come forward. Our flight had already closed whilst at security, which was as chaotic. Mercifully the flight was late taking off. I have never experienced in all my years of travelling to all the continents on the globe such chaos, stress and anxiety. There was nothing leisurely about this trip. We had to run (it was very hot) all the way through corridors and shops only to be met by a train (not a gate) taking us to the gates. We were lucky that our gate was in the thirties, not seventies as we would have missed our flight for sure. In the end we arrived breathless, hot and sweating in front of another lump/queue of passengers with just enough time to use the toilet. I should also mention that the word priority on your check-in paper does not mean a thing. Our little trundles of less than 10kg were put into the hold on our return journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by J Larson    (USA)

I paid for a flight from Madrid to Beauvais. My apartment in Madrid did not have internet access so I could not access their website nor print the Boarding Pass. I did not think this was a major problem since all airlines have entry stations to get answers to problems and obtain Boarding Passes. Ryanair charged me $168 and made me go through two very long lines. This was in addition to the cost of the flight. And the cost of a glass of water was 3 Euros! Customer service was miserable: long lines, no information, just shut up and move along. Avoid this airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Gerry Dickson    (UK)

Booked flight back from Barcelona, 5th August 2014. Flight time 14.35. Flight departed 17.35. No reason given for flight delay. No one to speak to for cause of delay in the departure lounge. No information given whatsoever. No apology, nothing. Will probably never use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 August 2014 by J Gillmer    (USA)

DUB-Bristol, UK. Even though we preselected seats and paid those extra fees, I couldn't get the check-in process to work online. We arrive at the airport and promptly are charged 420 Euro (6 ppl) to have them check us in - the original trip only cost 380 Euro! The front desk person told me I had 30 days to check-in and that the reason the flights are "cheap" is because of the online check-in. So, let me get this straight, 6 pieces of paper that wouldn't even cover a letter-sized piece of paper and the 5 minutes of their time is 420 euros - about the weekly pay of these folks? Unbelievable.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Nicola Harvey    (UK)

Friday flight 1/8 from Stansted to Dublin - 8.30pm. Flight arrived on time. Had to sit with a rather large gentleman in the middle who hogged the space. Held up due to Stansted taking their time getting paperwork signed and chatting with pilot and crew - no rush for Stansted then. Don't know why people complain about the plane/the colours of it or the seats or the printing off of own ticket. Also don't understand why people cannot read the bit that says - front entrance of plane or rear entrance. Surely to goodness they can all read. Flight on time job done as usual.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 August 2014 by H Kaaber    (UK)

Have flown with Ryanair on numerous occasions across Europe and in 20+ flights, have never had a problem. You get what you pay for and as long as you read the small print and stick to their rules, you can't go far wrong. My wife and I even used them on our honeymoon! It's worth doing your revision before you fly and check on destination airports and onward travel links on your arrival as some Ryanair destination airports can be a little out of the way. Overall though, I have no reservations in using Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 August 2014 by N Gudger    (UK)

2/7/2014, Perpignan to Birmingham, flight FR 1999. Travel with Ryanair several times a year and I have never had any problems. I abide by the rules and ensure hand luggage is the correct size and weight. Love it that seats are allocated before you fly now, and that I no longer have to squash my handbag in my case to board. I print my return boarding pass in my resort, so no problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by H Bradbury    (UK)

High expectations? No. From the outside the plane looks modern and fully equipped for a flight, but no no no. The inside, faded yellow overhead compartments, torn leather and faded blue seats, no inflight entertainment whatsoever. In fact the planes are in such bad condition and poorly equipped there's not even a pocket in front for you to put a magazine or something, all of your safety notices are printed on the back of the chair in front which means you have to amuse yourself with possibly scenarios throughout flight just by looking at it. I used to think easyjet was the lowest quality airline but Ryanair, that sets a new low. The staff, unhelpful, unfriendly, didn't crack a smile the whole flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Chinnery    (UK)

Stansted to La Rochelle. Got to airport around 3 hours before departure and as we had no baggage we went through security. Security took 27 mins. Unacceptable. Then we waited for around for 90 mins before flight was called and we went to gate 44 immediately. As being called 40 mins before and getting to gate 35 mins before we thought the plane would be there in 10 mins. It wasn't and was there no earlier than 25 mins of waiting at the gate. We were rushed on to the steps to Tarmac whist pax where deboarding and we where on it around 3 mins before our scheduled departure time. We where off 15 mins behind schedule. The flight was smooth and fine. I had a Pepsi and just looked out of the window, no IFE or food. We sat in row 5 and had priority boarding. The aircraft landed 10 mins early and we had the usual fanfare. We where de boarded quickly and went straight through to meet relatives who have a 2nd home and took our bags with them. La Rochelle to Stansted. We got there 2 hours 15 mins before flight and we went through security. Relatives driving back took bags with them. There is 1 duty free shop and a cafe. There where 2 aircraft departing at same time and being the first in the lounge gets us a seat. (La Rochelle gets overcrowded). The aircraft got in 10 mins early but the other Brussels flight was late. Boarding began 10 mins before departure and we where off just after the Brussels 15 mins behind. The flight was ok. My seat was dirty and had gum under the seat in front. Again row 5 and priority boarding. We landed 2 mins behind and Ryanair were not sneaky and didn't do the fanfare, we were out of Stansted in 25 mins.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by M Farrall    (UK)

FR3872 from East Midlands to Pula on 24th July 2014. We return on 31st July. I was unable to print off boarding passes at home, I had to do it at the airport using Ryanairs computerised screens. This cost £210 for three people. Why? I could understand paying £10 but why on earth £70? That's typical money grabbing Ryanair. As usual the announcements at the gate and in the plane were so rushed that it was impossible to hear all that was said. Ryanair may be cheap but I'm a human being and expect to be treated with civility and fairness.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by E Robinson    (Netherlands)

I had a “neutral” flying experience with Ryanair (July 2014). This was a real surprise. I see that the staff have new marching orders and that intimidation is no longer the order of the day. This new more normal”attitude is already being noticed. Passengers are already taking liberties with hand luggage, it will probably not be long before a new clampdown” will be enforced and unpleasant situations will once again be splattered all over the review sites. I made sure I had ticked all the boxes and weighed in before travelling this time. My previous experience has made me paranoid”about using this airline. I would have preferred not to have used Ryanair. They offered the best price for the trip and as money is tight I was compelled to take the risk. We can remain optimistic and hope they carry on in this manner. Perhaps in 3 to 5 years they will have a positive reputation. I still have reservations, Ryanair inflicted such needless blow to my family that I am afraid to say it will never be forgiven. In the meantime I will reluctantly use the airline when needed and hope for more uneventful flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by John Sutcliffe    (UK)

I have travelled many times with Ryanair and never had problems. If you keep to the terms and conditions on the web site you have no problems. Ryanair are the cheapest and best of low cost airlines.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by B Depaepe    (Belgium)

CLR-AGP-CLR. Boarding on time, departure with 10 minutes delay. Plane's a Boeing 737-800. Cabin crew professional but a bit cold. Snacks were expensive but are not necessary. Seats are comfortable but the pitch is bad. Temperature too high in the cabin. Arrival 20 minutes before the scheduled time. Value for money is good.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by E Smith    (UK)

Flew from Glasgow to Majorca with cabin bags no problem. Flight was fine, even arrived early which was a bonus. Not so on the way home. One of the women grabbed the bag off my 17 year old son and made a big show of how the bag would not fit in the cage. The bag was actually smaller than Ryanair's specifications but the wheels were slightly sticking out. People with larger bags were being let through but she refused to let us through without paying 50 euro.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Gary Evans    (UK)

Excellent flights from Liverpool to Malaga and the return flight. No problems or delays and staff were excellent. Staff dealt with any issues on board professionally and in an excellent manner. It is all to easy to complain when things go wrong and rightly so however, we do not praise when things are achieved above and beyond the call of duty. I have travelled with Ryanair previously with the same results. Excellent service.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by K Edwards    (UK)

Excellent support yesterday from Ryanair in Liverpool. My 13yr old son travelled to Knock from Liverpool with my brother and his son. My brother made his reservation in Ireland, I arranged my sons ticket here in UK. When I tried to check him in, I was not permitted because he was born in 2000, therefore too young to fly alone. I travelled with him to Liverpool airport expecting a £70 levy as he was not checked in online. I explained he would be travelling with my brother and his son, he would not be alone - and the young lady was most understanding and checked him in immediately with no quibble or charge - really good service.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Hodge    (UK)

Flight FR 2132 - an number I will never forget. 2nd time with Ryanair and first time although no real problems, felt like we were treated as second class citizens so vowed never to book with them again. However family holiday to Lanzarote and the only people flying out in the morning (so we arrive before lunch) was Ryanair. So I hesitantly booked (even though it was no cheaper than the other airlines). First came the con where you can no longer print your boarding passes (unless you have paid the extra for allocated seating) until 14 days before you return date. As this was a 2 week holiday I was already at the airport catching my flight out, so had to pay for allocated seating. This was just a snippet of what was to come. The flight out was cattle market heaven but quite uneventful so consoled myself with the fact that I had done the right thing and would have an extra half day holiday by flying out early. The flight home was the nightmare, we were called to our gate then the gate changed twice so the long queue of people were already irate when there was a general murmur around the crowd. This was when the first person had received a text to say the flight had been delayed due to technical issues and we had a delay of over 5 hours. Not told anything by the staff on the ground, the whole airport became Chinese whispers. In total I had 4 texts from Ryanair delaying the flight eventually by 12 hours. We did not arrive home until 5am. I feel like I now need another holiday after spending 15 hours in a very hot, uncomfortable airport and then a further 4 hour flight home.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Jenny Leadbetter    (UK)

After an accident just prior to making my return journey, I was unable to walk. As soon as the Ryanair rep at the airport saw me she arranged for a wheelchair and I was delivered to the departure gate and helped onto the plane. During the flight the crew supplied me with a folding wheelchair and pushed me to the toilets, moved my seat so that I had room to rest my leg on the food table and bought me a bag of ice to help the swelling in my leg. I cannot praise them enough.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by F Eriksson    (Finland)

Our family (2 adults + 2 Children) travelled TMP-HHN, 11 July and HHN-TMP, 18 July. We were a bit worried about taking Ryanair (due to all negative feedback about this airline). However, everything about our trips were working 100%. Check-in ok! Both flights ~20min early, FA's had a professional attitude, not "pushy" in their efforts to sell "stuff" at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Abrahams Alan    (UK)

Flew with my 8 month pregnant daughter who had required doctor signed Ryanair paperwork which she was never asked to show. Had just cabin bags on the outbound flight but with family bought baby presents on the return it required a case being put in the hold. Getting assistance to do this from the Ryanair desk staff was like "pulling teeth". Dismissive, unhelpful, arrogant and rude summed up by the comment from one Ryanair staff member with the statement "I can't be out here just helping one member of the public". I enquired what was the minimum number she could help? Priority booked and seats reserved only to be herded from one queue at the gate to the next queue at the entrance of the air bridge then on to the queue at the aircraft doorway, 20 minutes standing during intense summer heat. Not the sort of treatment to subject an expectant mother to. Not one member of staff took the care or comfort of this pregnant lady into account. The only smile came from cabin crew when trying to sell their overpriced beverages. An appalling airline worthy of their reputation of flying their customer in "Cattle Class".

Ryanair Customer review :  21 July 2014 by A Zuhairi    (UK)

BHX-DUB-BHX. Flawless flights. All on time with an excellent turnaround time. Cabin clean with polite crew, cost 16GBP return. Only hand-luggage, printed boarding card, and had luggage with me in cabin. Half price hot meals on last evening flight back. As long as you follow the rules, you cannot go wrong.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Ventham Ulla    (UK)

I frequently travel with Ryanair on the STN-NYO route and it normally works well. I have always been able to take my hand luggage in the correct size bag on board without any problems. Today however I was waiting to board the flight at Skavsta Airport when then airport staff start walking along the line of people waiting and randomly telling passengers the flight was full and the had to put their hand luggage in the main hold. When I pointed out that I had some breakable goods in my bag I was told that if I was that worried I should had been in the queue earlier. As it happened There were about 10 people in the non-priority queue ahead of me. Also my travel companion was at the end of the queue but was allowed to take his bag, same size as mine on board without problems. There was no logic at all. TO me it seems like the only way to guarantee that you can bring your hand luggage on board is to pay the "priority boarding" fee. Not sure if this happens on other Ryanair routes but the same thing happened to my daughters also at Skavsta a couple of weeks ago. Is this another sneaky way to make money?

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Hall Lawrie    (UK)

Having been put off using Ryanair about 4 years ago, I took a flight from Bristol to Girona and return early July 2014. I was well aware of all the pitfalls and extra charges, and then made the mistake of mis-spelling my own first name. I thought 'here we go' especially as I couldn't get through on the phone, even the £1.09 a minute line. Then I stumbled upon their 'live chat' facility, got connected within 2 minutes and had the name corrected. They emailed me a revised confirmation. Of the flights - well, the pre-allocated seats are a great improvement - saves that awful scramble on board with the FAs screaming 'if you don't sit down we'll lose our flight slot' and passengers coming to blows. The boarding pass saying front or rear of the plane is sensible. Unlike previous flights (which was what finally put me off Ryanair) there were no cases either at BRS or GRO of passengers being harassed having their luggage weighed or measured, or any sign of people being charged for things. Most notably I didn't hear any passengers grumbling about anything. So the simple impression of just 2 flights is that you get what you pay for, on-time, clean planes and a vast improvement from 4 (plus) years ago. Whether I want to brave a STN flight is debatable, but I need to fly home later in the year, and I won't be too worried.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Mitchell Wright    (UK)

Edinburgh to Arrecife, 6/7/14. Crew outbound were very depressed, couldn't hear them speaking on the announcement and they were French which made hard to understand them but they did speak English, we felt rushed during boarding as the crew kept announcing "good morning, please can you store your hand luggage and take your seat as quickly as possible" this was said 4 times! Overall early departure and arrival, which makes it better! Nothing was a problem but the crew were very shy! Arrecife to Edinburgh, 13/7/14. Crew inbound were really nice, my niece got welcomed specially by the two crew boarding us at the door. They were lovely. Once it came to the lottery cards they made it into a laugh which made the flight more welcoming. This was just an opportunity to get rid of your euro coins and to be charitable. Overall smooth flight and arrived very early. Just remember this is a low cost airline and remember to print all your boarding pass off before you depart like we did!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Cristea    (Romania)

June 23, Brussels to Palma de Mallorca. Check-in online and boarding passes already printed, baggage respected Ryanair's rules, so fast and smooth drop-off two hours before departure. Automatic seat allocation is a good improvement, don't need to stay in line for boarding, despite the fact the flight was almost full. Short walk from the gate to the plane (for me was nice). On-time boarding, 30 mins. late departure due the long queue for take- off. Some turbulence during the flight and a bit bumpy landing. The plane was clean and the crew was polite. In Palma, fast luggage on belt. Good value for money.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Ashton    (UK)

Tenerife South to Manchester, 15/07/14. Great value flight. 35 mins early, much better than Monarch's time keeping. Friendly service and much less announcements. Really starting to notice the changes.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by David Gomez    (USA)

On March 30th 2014 we flew Ryanair our of Beauvais France (BVA) to Madrid Spain. The tickets sounded like a great deal, until we got to the airport and found out we had to pay another $140 euro for boarding passes. The rep at the counter all of a sudden did not speak English or Spanish, was rude and started to roll her eyes. We paid the additional charge and went back to check our luggage. We then were told there were more charges for our bag (under weight) that were not included apparently. We paid the extra fees and finally were told we could get in line. We proceeded to get in line which was a huge disaster and with no logic or system in place or completely poorly executed and took 2 hours. The lines began to severely back up, they began shifting customers back and forth between lines and ultimately the plane had to leave late. Once on the plane, the conditions and cleanliness of the plane were noticeably lacking and even a few pieces were broken. Refreshments were offered at unreasonable prices. The pilot must have been new, because the entire flight was filled with drastic turns, turbulence and ultimately. We couldn't wait to get off the plane. We had to wait another 45 minutes in baggage claim before our luggage began to roll. I will never use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Oscar    (Spain)

I recently flew Ryanair between BCN to SVQ, and I had a really pleasant flight. Temperature inside the cabin was perfect, and seats comfortable. Space between seats was adequate. Crew were very friendly on both flights. I also appreciated the changes of the new Ryanair, with seat assignments and with the automatic priority boarding if you buy one seat when booking. I will recommend Ryanair and fly them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by John Featherby    (UK)

Outward flight Stansted to Pisa, one hour delay, very cramped seats, I am only 5' 8'' tall, ventilation blew very hot air out for a considerable part of the journey. Return from Pisa on July 12th, a 5 hour delay, no reason given as to why, no vouchers offered, no compensation mentioned, sat for 45 minutes on the tarmac before taking off, delay at Stansted getting off the darn plane at 02.15 as only one set of steps could be found. A complete and utter shambles, if you have a choice, do not fly with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Walsgrove    (UK)

Ryanair does not allow you to get boarding passes for the return flights straightforwardly at the same time as for the outward flight although within the 30 day period. This resulted in a £70 charge for each of our return flights. A lot of people seem to have been caught out by this, see other reviews. This seems to be a new practice and I could not recommend Ryanair to anyone in future since there is a real risk that their holiday will be ruined as a result of this disgusting sharp practice. I could not help noticing that the return fight was not full and would not be surprised if fights are even emptier in future.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 July 2014 by C Phelan    (UK)

Flew 05/06/14, STN to SNN. Had a horrible start to my journey thanks to the Stansted Express service, on which I was stuck for 2 hours due to technical difficulties. Missed my flight as a result and Ryanair transferred me free of charge to the next flight which was the following morning. Very much appreciated considering it was not their fault I missed the flight. I needed to make it back to Shannon for a trans-atlantic flight the following afternoon so they saved my holiday from being cancelled. This, along with the various upgrades to their service in the past 12 months (additional carry on bag, reserved seating, etc) have made Ryanair my choice of airline when flying from London. Customer service is dramatically improving in my opinion and as long as you know how they operate and how the pricing structure works, then there shouldn't be any issues when flying with them. I'm not sure how so many people are allowed to leave bad reviews on here when the source of their problem is very often the customer being at fault and not adhering to the "rules of low-cost flying"!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 July 2014 by I Terry    (UK)

We were due to fly to Fuerteventura on 24th June, flight FR3525 from Luton. After sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hours they decided to cancel the flight for operational reasons. Presumably it was costing them too much money to sit there/they needed the plane somewhere else. We re-booked with Jet2 for the following Saturday (only about £15 dearer) and received excellent service. When we arrived at the hotel the manager told us that there was only the one flight cancelled to Fuerteventura that week from the UK. If other airlines can cope with delays, then why can't Ryanair?

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by K Blakemore    (UK)

Flight FR9387, Barcelona - East Midlands, 25/06/2014. Got to Barcelona airport to find flight cancelled due to French air traffic strike. This is when the horror starts, had to wait in queue for 4 hours before I got to the information desk, first question asked - would you like to cancel with refund of flight. My answer to that was no I want you to get me home this being 25/6/14. Answer to that - yes first available flight 1/7/14. Here is your new paper work what about accommodation answer find your own transport go to 2/3 star hotel, keep your receipt see you in a few days time. I found alternative flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Franco Saoncella    (UK)

Stansted to Fuerteventura on 09/06/2014, flight FR8182. Fuerteventura to Stansted on 19/06/2014, flight FR8183. The feedback received regarding Ryanair was less than complimentary, mostly very negative. I had the misfortune to use this carrier last month when flying to the Canary Islands. Ryanair was the nominated airline with the travel company I booked the holiday with. Unfortunately, it was all true. Cattle would get better treatment. Lenghty and laborious checking in procedures. Had to pre-book seats with additional leg room on both journeys to ensure a minimum of comfort. Inflight food and beverages below "human" standard and extremely expensive. As a whole, a very negative experience for a first time flyer with Ryanair, which I sincerely hope never to repeat in the future. My advise to any prospective traveller is to pay extra and fly with a professional outfit.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Demos    (USA)

I have never been so disappointed by a lack of customer service in my life. We arrived in plenty of time to make our flight from Gatwick to Dublin. This was a mid vacation excursion. We found out that they can't print boarding passes for anything less then £70 each. We also found out that they can't actually handle the money for the outrageous bag fee. We missed our flight and had to rebook. The whole adventure ended up costing an additional £450. Once on the plan we found it both dirty and cramped. I will never fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Van Daele Pieter-Jan    (Belgium)

We went with 6 people (4 adults and 2 children). We accidentally had two pieces of luggage too much (this was our own fault) so we paid the extra, other airlines do the same, so its not just Ryanair. Boarding was very smooth, and the children received special attention from a friendly crew member. Plane landed on time in Rome. Return was about the same. I fly regularly with Ryanair and I never had any problems. Delays are hardly the mistake of the airline but of the airport and the airport handling, so you cannot blame them for that. Also, people flying with Ryanair don't want to pay much for their tickets but they complain about the people paying the extras like priority boarding. Some passengers not paying for the extras were complaining why we could get on first! Also if you preselect your seat with a small extra, you can print your boarding pass (also for the return flight) at home. Even with all the extras, Ryanair was the cheapest solution. So, to be frankly, not Ryanair is the problem, but some people flying with Ryanair are. Ryanair is very clear about their rules and I really don't understand why people don't obbey them? Do they do it on purpose maybe, hoping they get the full service and not paying for it? I like Ryanair, they bring you very safely from A to B for very little money. I don't expect much from them but I am always surprised they give good service for the money you pay.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Alan Hamer    (UK)

Manchester-Tenerife-Manchester. Out 20/6, returned 27/6. Good flights, crew very friendly. Plane on time both ways in fact landed 25 minutes early on return. Only problem we had to wait for one hour for our cases to come off in Manchester. Shame really I hope Manchester airport gets this issue sorted soon.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Jeremy Friend-Smith    (UK)

We travelled from Stansted to Madrid for a week, arriving in good time with cabin baggage only. I asked for information on the route, after none was given, and was told "we have just passed Stuttgart and will soon enter Swiss airspace." On the return I again asked and no information was offered. We passed some marvellous scenery and it would have been helpful to pass the time if we had been told. This used to be standard procedure but now the main interest seems to be in selling as much as possible. Perhaps the pilot did not know where we were going.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Molyneux    (Ireland)

On a flight to to Eindhoven from Dublin on 27/6/2014 the plane pushed back from the terminal and 5 mins later we were informed of a technical problem. We returned to the stand whilst the fault was investigated. Eventually we were told that the problem could not be fixed and another aircraft was being prepared. We eventually got on our way about 2.5 hours late. On the return journey on 30/6/2014 exactly the same thing happened. The plane pushed back and then we were informed of technical problems. We returned to the stand and the fault was investigated. After about an hour we were told that the problem was solved and we got on our way. On the first flight we were told we could not use the toilets whilst waiting for the fault to be found. After numerous complaints the staff gave in and allowed us to use the toilet at the rear of the aircraft.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by D Harley    (UK)

East Midlands to Faro and return. Have flown many times with Ryanair both on business and for leisure. Only ever had one serious delay. Both flights were ok. Return flight delayed by 10 minutes with limited catering due to knock on effect of strike in France. Staff apologised for this with clear explanation as to reason. Staff on both flights very pleasant. British Airways should teach their business class stewards to give a genuine smile like this. With regards to complaints about add on charges. Read their terms before you book. Everything is made clear on their website. A bonus with Ryanair is no reclining seats. Why do you need to recline your seat on short haul restricting leg room for those behind you.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by David Wiggins    (UK)

Return from Tenerife South. The same old problem - unable to print out return boarding pass, charge 70 Euros. Baby ill on board the mother was unable to get any assistance and I heard the stewardess complain of the cheek of the women to expect them to help. Hand luggage taken at boarding and stowed in hold, no warning so last second grab of passports etc. Went out Thomas Cook - superb. Never again with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Foster Paul    (UK)

Poor check in at Tenerife South airport, very slow. Then delayed, then after queuing at gate 5, we all had to move to gate 29. Stood waiting again whilst we watched the plane touchdown. There was no white wine or Fizzy white wine on board. When we arrived at Manchester we waited 40 mins for a staircase to arrive then when we got off we had to wait for the bus to open its doors then we waited for 30mins to get through passport control. Why didn't Ryanair phone ahead to Manchester to tell them they were turning up, as they had no idea. Utter rubbish for this cattle class airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Clara Gonzaleza    (UK)

Travelling from Palma to Bournemouth, June 2014 - we were sat in the plane after 40 minutes of wait in the queue and then informed right away after being seated that there was an expected delay of 2 hours. It did literally take 2 hours to take off, people on the plane were all unhappy and complaining. Travelling with young child, we would have expected not to be seated in the first place, we would have preferred to wait in the airport hall where some food and drinks are available to buy instead. Not pleased at all with this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Aplas    (South Africa)

Flew on 16th June, Paphos to Athens. Followed the rules and had no problems whatsoever. Ground staff in Paphos were extremely helpful and professional. Flight was exactly what I paid for, nothing spectacular but absolutely nothing wrong. The only thing, was having to wait in those dreaded boarding cages in Paphos. Otherwise all round decent flights with no issues.