Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Prust    (Germany)

Flew Frankfurt Hahn to Plovdiv and returned a couple of days later. The flights were on time and the planes were reasonably clean. We travelled with hand baggage only and didn't pay extra for seat allocation. We travel regularly with Ryanair and rarely experience problems - I find them more reliable than many other airlines. The return flight was 2 1/2 hours and I think that this is the limit that I'd be prepared to fly with Ryanair. After two hours you do start to notice the hardness of the seat and lack of leg room, but for short flights they're good.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Lamba Ishaan    (India)

I travelled from Frankfurt (HHN) to Stansted (STN). The flight was as good as any cheap airline. Can't say much about seat comfort or staff as you really don't expect that from them. Really new to the concept of bringing your own boarding pass from home and being charged if you don't. I'm pretty sure there will come a time when these airlines would want you to bring your own seatbelts and oxygen masks. The ground staff very strict for checking your baggage weight. First at the check-in, then again after the security check which was an inconvenience and didn't really make sense. Overall, it serves its purpose of getting you from point A to B.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Alex Gaw    (UK)

Excellent flights to and from Prestwick to Palma. On time, quick check in at Palma - stick to rules and no problems ever. Its the people who are the problem - 5 flights in 3years never a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J Andrews    (UK)

Once again a brilliant flight to Tenerife. No problems whatsoever, we fly with them for family holidays at least twice a year and have always found the staff to be very helpful. We are already looking for our next holiday and will definitely be flying Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Crisp Jacqueline    (UK)

We went to the check-in desk, friendly young lady and once on the plane we were seated together, hand luggage no problem, plenty of leg room for the first time ever my knees did not touch the back of the seat in front of me. The cabin crew were attentive and there was a choice of reasonable priced food and drink. Coming back, printed out boarding passes in hotel and had seats together again. All the bad press Ryanair receive as far as we are concerned is completely unjustified, just keeping fingers crossed me writing this has not put the mockers on any future flight we may have with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Schmidt    (USA)

I'm a first time user of Ryanair. I don't mind that the plane is crowded or amenities are non-existent. I expected that at the price but I have a big gripe with their fees. I didn't know that boarding passes could not be printed at the airport. It was pointed out to me by the staff that the fine print does say I needed to print my pass. Also I was sent a warning email which I didn't see since I was in the middle of my vacation. Then I find the "fee" is 70 euros each for my wife and I. This isn't a fee, this is a punishment. I sent a complaint letter to Ryanair and the response was that this charge was correct according to their policy. Well it isn't a very satisfactory policy. I could have flown a normal airline for the total amount I paid Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Royal    (USA)

I fly all over the world and even use low cost regional airlines in the states, but this takes the cake. Checked in online but couldn't print boarding pass. No notes online that there are huge fees to print at airport. There was no clear check in sign in Edinburgh, but thankfully also no queue, and 3 staff standing around chatting. When they finally decided to talk to us and tell us of the 20 pound check in fee, they said they couldn't help us and we had to use the check in machine well across the way. The check in unit wouldn't process us and told us to see agent. The agent couldn't take our money and sent us all the way round to baggage to pay for boarding passes, but then we had to take receipt back to first woman to get actual boarding card and drop prepaid bag! Our hand luggage was grabbed at the gate and we were made to pay 50, even though it was within weight. Flight was delayed an hour originally, but left 2 hours late to Dublin. Flight should have been an hour, but with delays took over 3 hours. Stay away from this airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Grace Muddiman    (UK)

Like many I was reading bad reviews before my trip so was expecting bad things but my experience from Luton to Beziers on 27th Sep was faultless for a budget flight, on time departure and return, pleasant staff, smooth flight and no fussing over hand luggage size both ways. What do people expect if you want more fly with more expensive airlines and expect delays.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by B Philpott    (UK)

Actual flight both ways was good but the handling at Stansted and Rhodes wasn't. We felt like cattle not customers. Stansted we were held up getting to airport, we had priority booking but had to wait with everyone else as priority queue had gone, therefore one of the cabin bags had to go in the hold. At Rhodes we were first to check-in and they took the first 90 cabin bags in the hold. Surely it should be the last? There seems no reason now to take cabin bags at all! The benefit, apart from the cost, is that you can exit the airport much quicker at your destination. Waiting for cabin bags takes as long as waiting for large luggage. The overhead luggage compartments were half empty. It just seems like another Ryanair useless rule.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Hussey    (Ireland)

Flew Ryanair many times, however most common route I fly is KIR-LTN. Most recent flight SNN-SXF. Ryanair is a very good airline in my opinion. Despite flying to airports that only the CIA has heard of, and advertising the airport for the capital city of Slovenia (it's Bratislava) as Vienna, it's very handy. I use it often, and I have never had a problem with Ryanair. Even with hidden fees, tickets for me seem cheaper than Aer Lingus. The aircraft are clean, but still somewhat dark and gloomy and the seats are uncomfortable, horrible on a late-night flights or dawn when you try and catch some sleep, however still possible. The snacks and drinks on board are still a reasonable price, and the crew are friendly. The toilets are excellent, being bright and clean. Ryanair gets the job done.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by W Graham    (Scotland)

Flight number FR694 on the 6th of September from Prestwick, UK to Ibiza, Spain. The majority of passengers onboard this drink fuelled flight were unruly, drunken and aggressive towards other passengers despite the best efforts of the 4 onboard cabin crew. Language throughout was absolutely foul. As a grandmother travelling with 2 young infants under the age of four the condition experienced in the cabin were shocking. Passengers were swearing, were drinking open duty free, were throwing objects from in front and behind us. Safety announcements could not be heard as passengers were playing music from bluetooth devices and the cabin was totally out of control. Cabin crew were very concerned however, despite the best efforts to contain behaviour there was no way they could control the passengers. The crew threatened to divert the aircraft to France, and also threatened the majority of passengers with the police meeting them on arrival at the destination. The main point is that safety notices were completely ignored, myself and my family felt totally unsafe during the flight. My grand-daughters aged two and three have never been exposed to such outrageous language and behaviour - the conditions on this flight were not safe and were not suitable for a family. Access to toilets involved standing for 40 minutes in crowds of alcohol fuelled louts. Many of the passengers boarded the flight inebriated, one group drank a litre bottle of duty free vodka onboard the flight whilst throwing coins around the cabin. We are feeling extremely anxious about our return journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Very short flight from Barcelona to Palma (FR 6362) yet the crew managed to do their inflight service and the usual thing of hawking a few scratch cards. What was more amazing is that the crew were in a good mood, seemed happy enough to be there and actually seemed to like each other - they even had the pax laughing! After numerous FR flights with miserable looking crews this was a pleasant surprise. Maybe the new positively is filtering down to the cabin crew? Only downside is the trumpet sound or whatever it was when landing but great all round otherwise.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Martina O'Shea    (Ireland)

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I received on the evening of 26th Sep in Wroclaw airport related to a Ryanair flight. I paid extra for priority boarding both to and from Wroclaw. We departed from Cork last Sunday night and all was fine apart from minor delays at the final door prior to leaving the airport to make our way to the plane. On the other hand the service that we received in Wroclaw was an absolute disgrace. Both myself and my friend were the third and fourth in the queue, went through the first check in gates to go down to the foyer leading to the Tarmac and plane. The other q passengers then went through their check in procedure. We all were massed in this small foyer for approx 20 mins and then they decided to open the gates and push approx 6 different families with buggies on top of us. Needless to say it was absolute bedlam by the time the doors were finally opened. There was an elderly Polish lady who had also paid for priority boarding who was pushed out of the way with the stampede to get to the plane. They really need to look at your procedures around check in and boarding as I have never experienced anything like this before. I would suggest that people with buggies should be checked in first and that these then should be placed in the foyer. The next passengers to be checked in should be priority passengers as after all they have paid for the privilege of this service! Finally the passengers who are in the alternative queue should then be checked in. The door should be manned to ensure that priority passengers are treated fairly.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Curtis    (UK)

When travelling from Palma to Stansted, I had a broken foot and was on crutches. Myself and an elderly lady with hip problems had booked assistance which didn't materialise. Last on the plane, we were told that a) the booking hadn't been made (even though we produced our booking papers) and b) there were no wheelchairs available and we had to make it to the terminal under our own steam. As the next set of passengers were queuing at the foot of the steps, we felt compelled to get off. No staff took responsibility for us once we were on the tarmac. Luckily, a Stansted Airport employee was passing by the window and saw me struggling down the steps on crutches and rushed to our aid. She was horrified that we had been abandoned and quickly obtained wheelchairs for us both. Herself and a colleague took us all the way to the outside. No credit at all to Ryanair who's main objective was to get us off the plane so that the next flight could get under way.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Jarvis    (UK)

I have always praised Ryanair as good value when considering the cost, however they really let themselves down on 29th Sept. Arrived at Stansted near midnight and could not even see terminal from where plane stopped. Then had to wait nearly 30 mins as staff had not thought to arrange transport, even the pilot was fed up with their lack of organisational skills. Sorry Ryanair very disappointed.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Dionne Roberts    (Ireland)

I have used Ryanair for years now, sometimes 5 times per year in general and all is good. I booked a flight for my daughter and 2 year old granddaughter. When she left Shannon all was well until her return flight home from Tenerife. 6.30 am she checked in for the free allocation of seats, they were allocated separate seats opposite side aisles. My daughter went early to the departures queue and boarded one of the first after priority boarding and explained to one of the crew, they told her to take her seats and they would try to change her once they were in the air. I find this quite incredible for a flight to take off with a 2 year old baby sat on her own. Surely the crew have the option to change a free allocated seat but what amazes me more was Ryanair had all details as you have to register a child separately when booking. Why if they want more money for a flight just put the price out in the first instance.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Dine    (UK)

I flew from Bournemouth 22/09/14 to Carcassonne and returned 26/09/14. Staff were friendly and helpful at both airports, I didn't see one query about baggage for any passenger and the plane was early on both flights. Although worried about the bad reviews that I read before I left, I wouldn't hesitate to fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Mihai    (Romania)

DUB to BVA on the morning flight. Bought the ticket online 2 weeks ahead, and it was cheaper that the taxi ride to the airport. Did not expect much, but I was quite impressed with them. I work as Cabin Crew, so I do know how to travel with a low cost carrier. I paid the extra 10eur for a seat on the first row. Extremely comfortable, and thanks to the included priority boarding, hassle free experience in the airport. My bag was a bit bigger (the side which was supposed to be just 20cm was slightly larger, did not experience any problem). Staff extremely polite and professional both in the airport and in the air. Flight landed 5min early in BVA, so absolutely nothing to complain about. I paid 23eur for a flight ticket, and got early to my destination, on board a brand new Boeing 737 aircraft (the aircraft had been delivered only a week before). I will definitely fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 September 2014 by C Lane    (UK)

Flew from Bristol to Malaga arriving 4.5 hours late due to technical problems. Sat on the plane for an hour or more before being told it could not be fixed. Were not informed that we could have vouchers for snacks, found out by chance that by producing the boarding pass at the counter that we were entitled to 3.50 each. When we eventually took off at 10.30 pm we arrived at Malaga to find that our shuttle service had gone. This was now around 2.30 in the morning. Had to take a taxi at an extra cost to us of 100 - eventually arrived at our destination at 3.30 am - not good for two 73 year olds! Came home to two emails from Ryanair telling us that we were not eligible to the over three hour delay compensation due to some clause - a real get out clause if you ask me.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 September 2014 by S Mann    (UK)

We flew back to England from Rhodes on 20/09/2014, we pre paid for priority seating, which we did not have, people who had not paid extra, got on board first. The flight was four hours to England, went to the toilet to find out that there was no toilet paper or tissue in the toilets. The air crew told us that they did not have any onboard. When we landed it took an hour and a half to get our baggage. Will think twice before flying with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by R Lancastle    (UK)

Bristol-Malta-Bristol. Family of three. Having travelled extensively on major carriers world wide with 500,000 miles under my belt and having read all the negative reviews I was apprehensive about using Ryanair for a family holiday- my concerns were unfounded. Both sectors were seamless, ground crew and flight crew were polite and helpful. Got on got off, arrived safely at a fair price - no problem. Only issue is the holding pen at Bristol, an excuse for an international airport - not the carriers fault though. Quite impressed really!

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Doris Phillips    (UK)

Travelled on 10/09/14 - having booked airport wheelchair and assistance for boarding to gate and vice versa for departure and both return flight. To my dismay no wheelchair had been arranged at the Dusseldorf Weeze airport. Bus driver unlocked padlock of chained up wheelchairs. Stewards failed to inform arrival airport of my pre-booked requirements. Staff should also insure that passenger take their allocated seats - had a lady whose body posture was extremely intimidating and hostile because she could not get out fast enough caused by her sitting in the wrong seat. Flying back same problem again - staff did not inform Stansted airport of my pre-booked requirements. Was stranded for more than 15 minutes outside the aircraft on the tarmac before porter with wheelchair turned up. I shan't forget the blank expression on the faces of the aircrew staff, either which made me feel very uncomfortable, I'm sure it can be improved with more staff training and please slow down the food and drink trolleys as no one gets a chance to buy anything at this speed and it might cause an accident.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Ken Felton    (UK)

Flew NCL to Gerona, flights were on time and staff well trained and helpful. We have used Ryanair quite a few times and have never had problems with delayed times, staff etc. The only niggle is that sometimes the cabin could be cleaner!