Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by K Edwards    (UK)

Excellent support yesterday from Ryanair in Liverpool. My 13yr old son travelled to Knock from Liverpool with my brother and his son. My brother made his reservation in Ireland, I arranged my sons ticket here in UK. When I tried to check him in, I was not permitted because he was born in 2000, therefore too young to fly alone. I travelled with him to Liverpool airport expecting a 70 levy as he was not checked in online. I explained he would be travelling with my brother and his son, he would not be alone - and the young lady was most understanding and checked him in immediately with no quibble or charge - really good service.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Hodge    (UK)

Flight FR 2132 - an number I will never forget. 2nd time with Ryanair and first time although no real problems, felt like we were treated as second class citizens so vowed never to book with them again. However family holiday to Lanzarote and the only people flying out in the morning (so we arrive before lunch) was Ryanair. So I hesitantly booked (even though it was no cheaper than the other airlines). First came the con where you can no longer print your boarding passes (unless you have paid the extra for allocated seating) until 14 days before you return date. As this was a 2 week holiday I was already at the airport catching my flight out, so had to pay for allocated seating. This was just a snippet of what was to come. The flight out was cattle market heaven but quite uneventful so consoled myself with the fact that I had done the right thing and would have an extra half day holiday by flying out early. The flight home was the nightmare, we were called to our gate then the gate changed twice so the long queue of people were already irate when there was a general murmur around the crowd. This was when the first person had received a text to say the flight had been delayed due to technical issues and we had a delay of over 5 hours. Not told anything by the staff on the ground, the whole airport became Chinese whispers. In total I had 4 texts from Ryanair delaying the flight eventually by 12 hours. We did not arrive home until 5am. I feel like I now need another holiday after spending 15 hours in a very hot, uncomfortable airport and then a further 4 hour flight home.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Jenny Leadbetter    (UK)

After an accident just prior to making my return journey, I was unable to walk. As soon as the Ryanair rep at the airport saw me she arranged for a wheelchair and I was delivered to the departure gate and helped onto the plane. During the flight the crew supplied me with a folding wheelchair and pushed me to the toilets, moved my seat so that I had room to rest my leg on the food table and bought me a bag of ice to help the swelling in my leg. I cannot praise them enough.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by F Eriksson    (Finland)

Our family (2 adults + 2 Children) travelled TMP-HHN, 11 July and HHN-TMP, 18 July. We were a bit worried about taking Ryanair (due to all negative feedback about this airline). However, everything about our trips were working 100%. Check-in ok! Both flights ~20min early, FA's had a professional attitude, not "pushy" in their efforts to sell "stuff" at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Abrahams Alan    (UK)

Flew with my 8 month pregnant daughter who had required doctor signed Ryanair paperwork which she was never asked to show. Had just cabin bags on the outbound flight but with family bought baby presents on the return it required a case being put in the hold. Getting assistance to do this from the Ryanair desk staff was like "pulling teeth". Dismissive, unhelpful, arrogant and rude summed up by the comment from one Ryanair staff member with the statement "I can't be out here just helping one member of the public". I enquired what was the minimum number she could help? Priority booked and seats reserved only to be herded from one queue at the gate to the next queue at the entrance of the air bridge then on to the queue at the aircraft doorway, 20 minutes standing during intense summer heat. Not the sort of treatment to subject an expectant mother to. Not one member of staff took the care or comfort of this pregnant lady into account. The only smile came from cabin crew when trying to sell their overpriced beverages. An appalling airline worthy of their reputation of flying their customer in "Cattle Class".

Ryanair Customer review :  21 July 2014 by A Zuhairi    (UK)

BHX-DUB-BHX. Flawless flights. All on time with an excellent turnaround time. Cabin clean with polite crew, cost 16GBP return. Only hand-luggage, printed boarding card, and had luggage with me in cabin. Half price hot meals on last evening flight back. As long as you follow the rules, you cannot go wrong.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Ventham Ulla    (UK)

I frequently travel with Ryanair on the STN-NYO route and it normally works well. I have always been able to take my hand luggage in the correct size bag on board without any problems. Today however I was waiting to board the flight at Skavsta Airport when then airport staff start walking along the line of people waiting and randomly telling passengers the flight was full and the had to put their hand luggage in the main hold. When I pointed out that I had some breakable goods in my bag I was told that if I was that worried I should had been in the queue earlier. As it happened There were about 10 people in the non-priority queue ahead of me. Also my travel companion was at the end of the queue but was allowed to take his bag, same size as mine on board without problems. There was no logic at all. TO me it seems like the only way to guarantee that you can bring your hand luggage on board is to pay the "priority boarding" fee. Not sure if this happens on other Ryanair routes but the same thing happened to my daughters also at Skavsta a couple of weeks ago. Is this another sneaky way to make money?

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Hall Lawrie    (UK)

Having been put off using Ryanair about 4 years ago, I took a flight from Bristol to Girona and return early July 2014. I was well aware of all the pitfalls and extra charges, and then made the mistake of mis-spelling my own first name. I thought 'here we go' especially as I couldn't get through on the phone, even the 1.09 a minute line. Then I stumbled upon their 'live chat' facility, got connected within 2 minutes and had the name corrected. They emailed me a revised confirmation. Of the flights - well, the pre-allocated seats are a great improvement - saves that awful scramble on board with the FAs screaming 'if you don't sit down we'll lose our flight slot' and passengers coming to blows. The boarding pass saying front or rear of the plane is sensible. Unlike previous flights (which was what finally put me off Ryanair) there were no cases either at BRS or GRO of passengers being harassed having their luggage weighed or measured, or any sign of people being charged for things. Most notably I didn't hear any passengers grumbling about anything. So the simple impression of just 2 flights is that you get what you pay for, on-time, clean planes and a vast improvement from 4 (plus) years ago. Whether I want to brave a STN flight is debatable, but I need to fly home later in the year, and I won't be too worried.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Mitchell Wright    (UK)

Edinburgh to Arrecife, 6/7/14. Crew outbound were very depressed, couldn't hear them speaking on the announcement and they were French which made hard to understand them but they did speak English, we felt rushed during boarding as the crew kept announcing "good morning, please can you store your hand luggage and take your seat as quickly as possible" this was said 4 times! Overall early departure and arrival, which makes it better! Nothing was a problem but the crew were very shy! Arrecife to Edinburgh, 13/7/14. Crew inbound were really nice, my niece got welcomed specially by the two crew boarding us at the door. They were lovely. Once it came to the lottery cards they made it into a laugh which made the flight more welcoming. This was just an opportunity to get rid of your euro coins and to be charitable. Overall smooth flight and arrived very early. Just remember this is a low cost airline and remember to print all your boarding pass off before you depart like we did!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Cristea    (Romania)

June 23, Brussels to Palma de Mallorca. Check-in online and boarding passes already printed, baggage respected Ryanair's rules, so fast and smooth drop-off two hours before departure. Automatic seat allocation is a good improvement, don't need to stay in line for boarding, despite the fact the flight was almost full. Short walk from the gate to the plane (for me was nice). On-time boarding, 30 mins. late departure due the long queue for take- off. Some turbulence during the flight and a bit bumpy landing. The plane was clean and the crew was polite. In Palma, fast luggage on belt. Good value for money.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Ashton    (UK)

Tenerife South to Manchester, 15/07/14. Great value flight. 35 mins early, much better than Monarch's time keeping. Friendly service and much less announcements. Really starting to notice the changes.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by David Gomez    (USA)

On March 30th 2014 we flew Ryanair our of Beauvais France (BVA) to Madrid Spain. The tickets sounded like a great deal, until we got to the airport and found out we had to pay another $140 euro for boarding passes. The rep at the counter all of a sudden did not speak English or Spanish, was rude and started to roll her eyes. We paid the additional charge and went back to check our luggage. We then were told there were more charges for our bag (under weight) that were not included apparently. We paid the extra fees and finally were told we could get in line. We proceeded to get in line which was a huge disaster and with no logic or system in place or completely poorly executed and took 2 hours. The lines began to severely back up, they began shifting customers back and forth between lines and ultimately the plane had to leave late. Once on the plane, the conditions and cleanliness of the plane were noticeably lacking and even a few pieces were broken. Refreshments were offered at unreasonable prices. The pilot must have been new, because the entire flight was filled with drastic turns, turbulence and ultimately. We couldn't wait to get off the plane. We had to wait another 45 minutes in baggage claim before our luggage began to roll. I will never use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Oscar    (Spain)

I recently flew Ryanair between BCN to SVQ, and I had a really pleasant flight. Temperature inside the cabin was perfect, and seats comfortable. Space between seats was adequate. Crew were very friendly on both flights. I also appreciated the changes of the new Ryanair, with seat assignments and with the automatic priority boarding if you buy one seat when booking. I will recommend Ryanair and fly them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by John Featherby    (UK)

Outward flight Stansted to Pisa, one hour delay, very cramped seats, I am only 5' 8'' tall, ventilation blew very hot air out for a considerable part of the journey. Return from Pisa on July 12th, a 5 hour delay, no reason given as to why, no vouchers offered, no compensation mentioned, sat for 45 minutes on the tarmac before taking off, delay at Stansted getting off the darn plane at 02.15 as only one set of steps could be found. A complete and utter shambles, if you have a choice, do not fly with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Walsgrove    (UK)

Ryanair does not allow you to get boarding passes for the return flights straightforwardly at the same time as for the outward flight although within the 30 day period. This resulted in a 70 charge for each of our return flights. A lot of people seem to have been caught out by this, see other reviews. This seems to be a new practice and I could not recommend Ryanair to anyone in future since there is a real risk that their holiday will be ruined as a result of this disgusting sharp practice. I could not help noticing that the return fight was not full and would not be surprised if fights are even emptier in future.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 July 2014 by C Phelan    (UK)

Flew 05/06/14, STN to SNN. Had a horrible start to my journey thanks to the Stansted Express service, on which I was stuck for 2 hours due to technical difficulties. Missed my flight as a result and Ryanair transferred me free of charge to the next flight which was the following morning. Very much appreciated considering it was not their fault I missed the flight. I needed to make it back to Shannon for a trans-atlantic flight the following afternoon so they saved my holiday from being cancelled. This, along with the various upgrades to their service in the past 12 months (additional carry on bag, reserved seating, etc) have made Ryanair my choice of airline when flying from London. Customer service is dramatically improving in my opinion and as long as you know how they operate and how the pricing structure works, then there shouldn't be any issues when flying with them. I'm not sure how so many people are allowed to leave bad reviews on here when the source of their problem is very often the customer being at fault and not adhering to the "rules of low-cost flying"!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 July 2014 by I Terry    (UK)

We were due to fly to Fuerteventura on 24th June, flight FR3525 from Luton. After sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hours they decided to cancel the flight for operational reasons. Presumably it was costing them too much money to sit there/they needed the plane somewhere else. We re-booked with Jet2 for the following Saturday (only about 15 dearer) and received excellent service. When we arrived at the hotel the manager told us that there was only the one flight cancelled to Fuerteventura that week from the UK. If other airlines can cope with delays, then why can't Ryanair?

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by K Blakemore    (UK)

Flight FR9387, Barcelona - East Midlands, 25/06/2014. Got to Barcelona airport to find flight cancelled due to French air traffic strike. This is when the horror starts, had to wait in queue for 4 hours before I got to the information desk, first question asked - would you like to cancel with refund of flight. My answer to that was no I want you to get me home this being 25/6/14. Answer to that - yes first available flight 1/7/14. Here is your new paper work what about accommodation answer find your own transport go to 2/3 star hotel, keep your receipt see you in a few days time. I found alternative flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Franco Saoncella    (UK)

Stansted to Fuerteventura on 09/06/2014, flight FR8182. Fuerteventura to Stansted on 19/06/2014, flight FR8183. The feedback received regarding Ryanair was less than complimentary, mostly very negative. I had the misfortune to use this carrier last month when flying to the Canary Islands. Ryanair was the nominated airline with the travel company I booked the holiday with. Unfortunately, it was all true. Cattle would get better treatment. Lenghty and laborious checking in procedures. Had to pre-book seats with additional leg room on both journeys to ensure a minimum of comfort. Inflight food and beverages below "human" standard and extremely expensive. As a whole, a very negative experience for a first time flyer with Ryanair, which I sincerely hope never to repeat in the future. My advise to any prospective traveller is to pay extra and fly with a professional outfit.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Demos    (USA)

I have never been so disappointed by a lack of customer service in my life. We arrived in plenty of time to make our flight from Gatwick to Dublin. This was a mid vacation excursion. We found out that they can't print boarding passes for anything less then 70 each. We also found out that they can't actually handle the money for the outrageous bag fee. We missed our flight and had to rebook. The whole adventure ended up costing an additional 450. Once on the plan we found it both dirty and cramped. I will never fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Van Daele Pieter-Jan    (Belgium)

We went with 6 people (4 adults and 2 children). We accidentally had two pieces of luggage too much (this was our own fault) so we paid the extra, other airlines do the same, so its not just Ryanair. Boarding was very smooth, and the children received special attention from a friendly crew member. Plane landed on time in Rome. Return was about the same. I fly regularly with Ryanair and I never had any problems. Delays are hardly the mistake of the airline but of the airport and the airport handling, so you cannot blame them for that. Also, people flying with Ryanair don't want to pay much for their tickets but they complain about the people paying the extras like priority boarding. Some passengers not paying for the extras were complaining why we could get on first! Also if you preselect your seat with a small extra, you can print your boarding pass (also for the return flight) at home. Even with all the extras, Ryanair was the cheapest solution. So, to be frankly, not Ryanair is the problem, but some people flying with Ryanair are. Ryanair is very clear about their rules and I really don't understand why people don't obbey them? Do they do it on purpose maybe, hoping they get the full service and not paying for it? I like Ryanair, they bring you very safely from A to B for very little money. I don't expect much from them but I am always surprised they give good service for the money you pay.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Alan Hamer    (UK)

Manchester-Tenerife-Manchester. Out 20/6, returned 27/6. Good flights, crew very friendly. Plane on time both ways in fact landed 25 minutes early on return. Only problem we had to wait for one hour for our cases to come off in Manchester. Shame really I hope Manchester airport gets this issue sorted soon.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Jeremy Friend-Smith    (UK)

We travelled from Stansted to Madrid for a week, arriving in good time with cabin baggage only. I asked for information on the route, after none was given, and was told "we have just passed Stuttgart and will soon enter Swiss airspace." On the return I again asked and no information was offered. We passed some marvellous scenery and it would have been helpful to pass the time if we had been told. This used to be standard procedure but now the main interest seems to be in selling as much as possible. Perhaps the pilot did not know where we were going.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Molyneux    (Ireland)

On a flight to to Eindhoven from Dublin on 27/6/2014 the plane pushed back from the terminal and 5 mins later we were informed of a technical problem. We returned to the stand whilst the fault was investigated. Eventually we were told that the problem could not be fixed and another aircraft was being prepared. We eventually got on our way about 2.5 hours late. On the return journey on 30/6/2014 exactly the same thing happened. The plane pushed back and then we were informed of technical problems. We returned to the stand and the fault was investigated. After about an hour we were told that the problem was solved and we got on our way. On the first flight we were told we could not use the toilets whilst waiting for the fault to be found. After numerous complaints the staff gave in and allowed us to use the toilet at the rear of the aircraft.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by D Harley    (UK)

East Midlands to Faro and return. Have flown many times with Ryanair both on business and for leisure. Only ever had one serious delay. Both flights were ok. Return flight delayed by 10 minutes with limited catering due to knock on effect of strike in France. Staff apologised for this with clear explanation as to reason. Staff on both flights very pleasant. British Airways should teach their business class stewards to give a genuine smile like this. With regards to complaints about add on charges. Read their terms before you book. Everything is made clear on their website. A bonus with Ryanair is no reclining seats. Why do you need to recline your seat on short haul restricting leg room for those behind you.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by David Wiggins    (UK)

Return from Tenerife South. The same old problem - unable to print out return boarding pass, charge 70 Euros. Baby ill on board the mother was unable to get any assistance and I heard the stewardess complain of the cheek of the women to expect them to help. Hand luggage taken at boarding and stowed in hold, no warning so last second grab of passports etc. Went out Thomas Cook - superb. Never again with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Foster Paul    (UK)

Poor check in at Tenerife South airport, very slow. Then delayed, then after queuing at gate 5, we all had to move to gate 29. Stood waiting again whilst we watched the plane touchdown. There was no white wine or Fizzy white wine on board. When we arrived at Manchester we waited 40 mins for a staircase to arrive then when we got off we had to wait for the bus to open its doors then we waited for 30mins to get through passport control. Why didn't Ryanair phone ahead to Manchester to tell them they were turning up, as they had no idea. Utter rubbish for this cattle class airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Clara Gonzaleza    (UK)

Travelling from Palma to Bournemouth, June 2014 - we were sat in the plane after 40 minutes of wait in the queue and then informed right away after being seated that there was an expected delay of 2 hours. It did literally take 2 hours to take off, people on the plane were all unhappy and complaining. Travelling with young child, we would have expected not to be seated in the first place, we would have preferred to wait in the airport hall where some food and drinks are available to buy instead. Not pleased at all with this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Aplas    (South Africa)

Flew on 16th June, Paphos to Athens. Followed the rules and had no problems whatsoever. Ground staff in Paphos were extremely helpful and professional. Flight was exactly what I paid for, nothing spectacular but absolutely nothing wrong. The only thing, was having to wait in those dreaded boarding cages in Paphos. Otherwise all round decent flights with no issues.