Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by R Young    (France)

We flew from CDG via DOH to JNB and couldn't have been happier! Food and service excellent. Very clean toilets. We didn't use the inflight entertainment and therefore can't comment. Bus ride from plane to terminal seemed to take forever. Premium Terminal hopelessly overcrowded when we got there without a single table for 2 in sight. Fortunately we didn't have a long transfer time on our way back to CDG and could almost board immediately. We will definitely continue to take Qatar Airways for all of our long distance flights, even if it means changing planes in Doha instead of going direct. Not only is Business Class so much more affordable than other European airlines, but it is simply so much better as well! Keep up the great service!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by J Marriott    (UK)

07/03/14, Manchester-Doha, QR024. 08/03/14, Doha-Singapore, QR944. 15/03/14, Singapore-Doha, QR945, Doha- Manchester, QR023. Agree with review left by S Lloyd. Doha transit not good. Bus to terminal - poor facilities in airport (went to Oryx lounge in the hope of a shower but advised 1.5 hr wait for towels). In-flight entertainment poor. Food awful. Been going to S'pore for many years, I have used other airlines/routes which have given a better service.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by S Lloyd    (UK)

QR24 and QR940, 18/19 Feb 2014 and return QR939 and QR21 on 1/2 March 2014. Recently flew Manchester-Doha- Singapore and was dissatisfied with the whole service. Flights outward and return were delayed. In Doha we were left in a holding area with approximately 100 other passengers with no ventilation, air con or access to water in high temperatures with seats for only a dozen people whilst was waited for the nonsense of being bussed to our next flight. This happened on both the outward and return flights. Onboard, staff were unfriendly and everything seemed too much trouble. Food was mediocre at best and repetitive. The entertainment system is outdated. I cannot recommend.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Pierre-Jean Trebuchet    (UAE)

DXB-DOH-BCN, March 5th. Overall a not-too-bad flight experience but QR staff really showed disorganization and even lack of interest. DXB-DOH flight was a breeze. Transfer at Doha airport is obviously the same chaos, Silver Privilege Club Lounge is quite grotty. DOH-BCN: A332 equipment, totally disorganized cabin crew. Food was fair, just fair. IFE very poor and repetitive. Arrival on-time at BCN airport, baggage were delivered very quickly with PC priority respected. At least, a fair value for money.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Chevtchouk Slava    (France)

Flew for the first time with Qatar (CDG-DOH-MLE), and to be honest - I'm slightly disappointed. May be also my expectations were too high. Meals and wine cart are really very good. But the service is very slow. It's a real problem on the evening flight from Paris - it took almost 2 hours to have a dinner, which is long, as result - not much time to sleep. Seats are quit comfortable on A340 but not exceptional, not comfortable at all on A321 (but it looks they will be replaced now). Transfer by buses in Doha is not an issue and Premium terminal is very big and provides a lot of place and different drinks and meals. What is strange: they don't serve champagne before take off in Paris but they do in Doha and in Male.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by E Chabbert    (France)

24/02, DOH-DPS on QR 944. The airline provides a high level of service with a superb wine list and meal menus. The seat on the B777 is great, better for me than the new 787 one as I never travel alone and always wanted a window seat. Crew were excellent except on the short SIN-DPS. Premium terminal at Doha is fine but crowded, and without enough facilities.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by I Radhiya    (Spain)

I have traveled many times with Qatar Airways, I am never disappointed and I feel their service is getting better. The last flights I had was from JKT-DOH, DOH-ANK, IST-DOH, DOH-JKT. All staff were polite, friendly, responsive and helpful. For economy class the seats have more space than EK or EY. The only complaint is transferring at Doha was not as convenient as transferring in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by L Stiles    (Australia)

Travelled with Qatar 6 times now, first 4 or so were great and was left impressed. The last few flights have seen a decrease in service. Having said that, seats are comfortable, in-flight entertainment is pretty good, food is ok but doesn't seem to change often (if at all) and flight attendants really do depend - have had really great ones and have had rude ones. I find the service a big part of the overall rating. Would fly again but not before looking around.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Y Tomlinson    (UK)

LHR to DOH en-route to Perth. This plane seemed very new, it had a good touchscreen TV and a little tablet in the seat. Good movie options, clear screen and sound. Seats were comfortable and roomy, I also had 2 seats to myself which helped. Service was good, the food was ok, offered plenty and had some lovely bruschetta in-between meals. Boarded a different plane from DOH to PER, this was definitely an older plane. I was in an aisle seat and it was the most uncomfortable plane I've been on. Staff never smiled and when you asked for a drink they seemed annoyed. The food wasn't that good. On the return, I had an 11 hour PER to DOH and this only bearable because I luckily had a row to myself, so lay down and slept. Again, staff never smiled and there was only one girl who was friendly. On the next 7 hour flight to LHR I was absolutely freezing! So much so I had to ask for a 2nd blanket.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by C Philander    (UK)

LHR-CPT (via Doha). LHR lounge is phenomenal. Attentive service, great food, modern relaxing layout. Onboard seats great, service lower than usual. Very sad to see the menus have still not changed in a year. It is sad to see levels in my favourite airline dropping. No value for money. I'm looking forward to see what my return flight has in store, including a visit to the dreaded bidvest lounge in Cape Town, which makes a wait in the terminal more pleasant than visiting the 'exclusive' lounge. Flagship premium terminal service and offering appalling. Will switch to another larger gulf carrier from now on, despite frequent flyer status.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Wawyk Mikolaj    (Poland)

Warsaw - Doha - Bangkok: Our first flight was really good , the seat was very comfort and there was plenty of legs space . I'm very happy with this flight and nothing more to add , there was good foods, friendly staff and a USB charger. Bangkok - Doha - Warsaw: Boeing 777, the plane was really old and my seat had a broken audio. We tested with 3 headphones and none worked, so I had to sit for 7 hours watching the screen without any sound. One of the staff was rude, we called her several of times and she ignored us and walked away.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Sourbut Philip    (UK)

London - Cape Town via Doha and Jo'burg on 6th Feb returning on 18th Feb. Outward flight from Doha delayed (awaiting connecting passengers) which meant I missed my connection in Jo'burg. This was on South African but booked as through ticket with Qatar. No-one from Qatar to assist on arrival. SA would not rebook. Had to search airport for Qatar desk (which was in international departures miles away (and well hidden). This was highly stressful after 2 flights. Return trip flight one hour late into Doha. Efficient transit meant I caught the London flight, but again one hour late. It seems that the transit for many passengers is leading increasingly to delays. Inflight service ok. 777 comfortable - 340 less so and poorer AVOD. Choice of films etc was excellent. Food tolerable but had the same chicken wrap 3 times and breakfast orange squash described as orange juice was disgusting. 3 flights out of 4 were an hour late. I would probably try to fly direct next time.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax