Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Flying in Business Class from Bali - Singapore - Doha on the new 777-300ER is a remarkable experience. Qatar is definitely up there amongst the best in terms of inflight product on the 777-300ER. The seat converts into a fully-flat bed, and although the layout is very open (compared to SQ and EK) given the 2-2-2 layout, walking over your neighbour in order to reach the aisle is not overly cumbersome. The food and service was excellent, although am not a huge fan of some of their colour choices for their uniforms. I also really liked the PJs that you get, although then you realize that the bathrooms are very small and changing is not that easy. SQ, for example, has a much bigger lavatory up front and also more stylish. Qatar could improve on this. What I'm not a big fan of is their IFE system. It seems very simplistic trying to move the mouse around the basic user interface and the choice of movies is lacking. This was perhaps the biggest drawback on my Qatar flight.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Philip Mcdaid    (Australia)

Munich-Doha-Perth. Munich to Doha on pretty empty 787. Lovely plane and flight. Doha airport painful, long bus to and from planes. Had booked Oryx lounge which is well worth it. Doha-Perth full but service still quick. 777 not as nice as 787 but still perfectly comfortable. Overall short flight time but service not as good as Singapore air. Will try Qatar airlines again once new Doha airport one but likely to stick to Singapore air until then.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by H Peter    (Australia)

Melbourne to Doha in Business class. 777-200LR. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was the best I've had in Business and a great anytime style menu. Seat was comfortable to sit in and the full lie flat beds were great. My wife and I both got a solid 8 hours sleep which is testament to the quality of the seat/bed. We were also provided with amenities pack and pyjamas which we made use of. Aircraft was modern and well looked after and flight smooth. I'd say its as good as, if not better than Emirates business and considerably cheaper.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by H Peter    (Australia)

Berlin - Doha - Melbourne in Economy. A330, Berlin - Doha. Seat comfort was very good and space no issue and I'm 6'3. Food was also very good for an economy flight. A choice of 3 meals. Flight attendants were polite and friendly but because they have so many people to look after can come across a bit rushed. Doha - Melbourne, 777-200LR . Seats didn't feel quite as comfortable but it didn't help that the person in front was reclined the whole way but alas so did I. Still managed to have a sleep. Flight attendants were polite and friendly. Food served while ok wasn't as good as the previous flight. Total flying time was around 17.5 hours from Berlin which was the quickest we have ever done it in and good if you have kids. One thing to mention, we did have quite a few families near us and the staff really looked after them which was good to see. gave them some toys, cool lunch boxes with meals in them and a little play time etc. Plane to terminal is by bus in Doha but with their new airport which is almost finished being built I think it'll be a thing of the past.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by S Tsoy    (Russia)

Doha - London LHR, QR001. First Class Lounge at Premium Transfer Terminal very nice but boarding process was quite disorganized. The car that was to transfer me to the plane came only after all business class passengers left to buses while I had to wait at the gate door. Onboard, the A330 was new and clean, seats comfortable, staff were very attentive and friendly. Food was outstanding, the best first class food I ever had. The greatest drawback was the IFE. Films were very poorly chosen and there was quite a limited number of them. Will fly Qatar in the future but only if they improve their boarding process and IFE.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by P Coleman    (Egypt)

BKK-DOH-HBE. Economy Class. It is the first time we have flown economy for a few years, and will probably be the last. Seats are cramped, person in front put his seat back, when we tried the person behind complained, so I was sitting 4 inches from the screen. Food average. Will travel again on Qatar but only in Business Class.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by S Layton    (UK)

21/12/13, LHR-DOH-BKK, 5/01/14, BKK-DOH-LHR. What did I think of the service? In a word impressive! Now a days when some airlines seem to think of economy passengers as 'self loading cargo', it was refreshing to receive a level of service that I thought no longer existed! Very comfortable cabins, very good catering and impressed with the cabin staff. Last time I flew to Asia, I used Gulf Air: They out classed them.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Egli Olivier    (Switzerland)

Flew Zurich-Doha-Bangkok in coach. What I experienced was not surprising but rather confirmed the different things I had read about them: first off, the planes are almost brand new and in excellent shape. The inflight system especially on the Dreamliner is worth its name. The seat comfort on the 777 is superior to the 787 but legroom is adequate in both for a person my size (I am 176cm). The flight crew on the flight deck are very well trained. Communication is excellent. But, service quality is not being lived up to by the cabin crew. On both flights we had an extremely tired and unamused looking crew. No smiles, no communication. Secondly: the food! While the chicken on the way from Zurich to Doha was easily a masterpiece, the meal on the leg from Doha was simply inedible. Layover in Doha is something to be avoided. The transfer ride is tiring, the terminal is awful and the food court easily the worst. All over a decent experience.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Alan Brown    (Thailand)

24 Dec 2013, QR 002, LHR-DOH and QR 832, DOH-BKK, 25 Dec. Boarding on both flights chaotic. Although staff called for boarding by seat numbers nobody took any notice. Both flights full, service on board was poor to say the least. Inflight food although served hot was not appetising, drink rounds for water and juices had to go to galley and ask for them, only brought through cabin once on each sector. I'll revert to previous carriers.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by S Steinfeld    (Indonesia)

Economy, SIN-ZRH-SIN via Doha. Flight operations were fine helped by the mostly very friendly and responsive staff and the use of state-of-the-art equipment (777/787). The choice and quality of the food was however nothing to rave about. Whatever its length, any layover at Doha is painful to say the least. This is partially due to the poor infrastructure of the airport but also due to the rather chaotic organization of the airline's ground operations. On the way back, I had a 8+ hour layover. I did not want to spend this time at the airport and booked a hotel. When enquiring at Zurich airport if I could leave the airport at Doha, I was informed that this may be difficult. We still got off at the Arrival Terminal and - while the waiting period (about 1 hour) and the visa-on- arrival charge was a kick in the teeth, immigration was smooth but getting away from the airport was again somewhat frustrating. The airline has potential but has to improve its ground services. In any case, I will not take another flight with Qatar Airways until the new Doha airport is operational.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Carlos Blanco    (UK)

Travelled London (LHR) to Kilimanjaro (JRO) via DOH and DAR in economy. The check-in at London was smooth. I was not impressed with the Dreamliner (787) that QR used for the flight from London to Doha and vice versa. The IFE did not work so we didn't have anything to watch or listen to. Some of the toilets were already in a mess. FAs were friendly and helpful. I should give them credit for trying to make the journey enjoyable. Flight from Doha to Kilimanjaro and the return flight were OK. The food was also average. Would I recommend QR? I would if you get the right price and if there is no choice.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by J Tiitta    (UK)

Stockholm to Doha and Doha to Hong Kong and then returned the same way. During all of my flights the inflight entertainment system did not work properly for my seat and when it finally worked the screen was so scratched that it was hard to see anything. The seats were comfortable because the flight was almost empty yet the food could be classed only as average. When wanting to change the date of my return flight I was not helped at all on the phone nor through email/ website and when I actually went physically to their office in HK I was refused a change despite me wanting to pay for the difference. I cannot recommend them due to the service issues.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by T Yang    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-DOH-IAD in late October 2013 on J Class. As always excellent Bollinger served. I like the eat on demand service as we can time the meals. Great choice and great amenities. On route back we had a 8.5 hour lay over and had booked a room. But the thought of negotiating immigration was not very appealing and whiled away the time in the Premium lounge. Had sleeper couches and even fresh blankets and a great shower with L'Occitane toiletries. Spoilt for choice when it came to food.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

NBO-DOH-SGN. Aircraft's A320 and A330-200, respectively. No lounge access could be granted in NBO despite being a gold card holder. Hotel provided in Doha (upon prior request) as layover exceeded 8 hours. However, due to Xmas, transitters for hotels were stuck in immigration queues for almost 2 hours! It has hardly worth it. However, the 4-star hotel provided in Doha was OK, but somehow scraped. Doha-Saigon upgraded to business class from seat 30K to 1F. The business class standards are high, food options plenty and service quick despite business class became full - mainly by those upgraded from economy which was completely overbooked. Seats not fully lie flat in the configuration encountered this time. A delay from Doha was unusual long for Qatar Airways. As a result we came to SGN 40 minutes late so I lost my onward connection and had to purchase new ticket from VN-airlines.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by P J Trebuchet    (UAE)

DXB-DOH-BCN, Dec 19th. Privilege Club golden membership is really appreciable: 15 kg extra luggage, complimentary access to First Class lounge in Dubai and Barcelona and Oryx Lounge in Doha, and (at least when it is respected) priority boarding. However, the flight itself was not really enjoyable: chaotic take-off proceed at Dubai, Doha transfer long and disorganised (as usual in that grotty old airport) and night flight to Barcelona in an uncomfortable Airbus A330-200. QR cabin crew did their best to make the journey pleasant, with good PAX interaction). Gold and Silver Privilege Club members were treated personally, as cabin crew called us by our name and gave us priority for breakfast preference (3 choices available between regular, sweet and vegetarian). Flight arrived at El Prat on time and police and customs procedures were smooth. A good airline anyhow.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax