Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Silvius von Lindeiner    (Malaysia)

KUL-Doha and Doha - MUC economy both sectors. Very happy with Dreamliner between Doha and Munich although I don't like the 3-4-3 seating arrangement.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by V Loras    (UK)

London to Doha in business on the new Airbus. Our flight attendants English wasn't very good and they were not as efficient as other airlines. My dinner was overcooked and too salty. Staff were very kind and gave me a different meal. I had issues with my TV. It kept cutting out the entire flight. The beds are rights next to one and other. I was lucky as I was traveling with my husband, but if I was sleeping that close to a stranger I wouldn't have enjoyed it. With other airlines you can put up a screen which you can't do on this plane. Worst inflight TV selection I've seen on a plane. Old movies and only a few new western release movies. Arrived into Doha for a 6 hour stop over and the Business Lounge is already looking very tired. Qatar would not be my first choice next time I fly. Up side: Amazing pyjamas and toiletry bag.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by J Clifford    (Australia)

Have just completed 2 very much anticipated legs with Qatar Airways, Paris to Doha and Doha to Melbourne. We were so disappointed which is hardly what I expected to be saying here Used Air France La Premiere lounge in Paris although nice had limited food offerings but comfortable. Boarding, welcome and crew great but meal uninteresting and veal tough. Only served with rice. It did do the trick though as required no dessert. Cabin was not cleaned prior to landing. Our arrival in Doha was delayed which meant the long anticipated use of the Premium Lounge was not met as by the time we were bussed to terminal we were told we had to board in 10 minutes. No seating as lounge full to overflowing, toilets dirty and two lots of security ate into our very limited time. Back on the bus and our flight to Melbourne. Greeted warmly and seats fantastic and for us that was where it ended. For first time Qatar users we were not informed that to eat we had to request and subsequently very little food actually offered for a 13 hour plus flight. When food was finally requested due to extreme hunger and no chance to eat at Doha we were told there would be a long wait as crew were resting. Very little cabin presence throughout flight. Pyjamas offered and most passenger used them but only saw one bed made up by crew. All in all not quite what we expected and if this particular flight is anything to go on will not fly with them again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by E Irgens    (Norway)

Doha - Oslo. Attentive but unobtrusive crew. The 787 business class seat is outstanding, and the entertainment screen is huge and sharp. Such a shame they fail horribly with the remote control/user interface. It is very slow and unresponsive. Whenever I tried to pause a film, it would instead jump to the middle, and I'd spend a lot of time fiddling and trying to get back to where I was. Several TV-shows (new), were of such low technical quality they might have been VHS recordings. The never-ending commercials that take over the entertainment system at the end of each flight are quite annoying. And please come up with a "do not disturb" solution. I don't like being woken up for a meal if I'm finally asleep.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by P Stephenson    (Australia)

Sitting in the lounge at Doha waiting for the leg of my trip from Perth to London. Wanted to quickly comment on the first leg. Flight very full (probably sold out) but service slow even despite this. Normally trays removed immediately but left sitting in front of us for nearly an hour. No extra drinks offered. Request for blanket never materialised. Vegetarian Hindu meal very average. Entertainment very good. Note for those looking for an upgrade: had a phone call on the day of flight asking me to go first class on following day's flight. Unfortunately couldn't do it but worth knowing it can be offered.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Pavan Leonardo    (Italy)

VCE-DOH-MEL. The VCE-DOH leg was on a A320: comfy seats, however not the full flat bed, which is fine considering that it is only a 5.5hrs flight. The DOH-MEL was very comfortable, full flat bed, very nice amenities from the pyjama to the slippers to the toiletries; very much appreciated the larger bathroom, very good AVOD. Service has been gracious and attentive all the way through, food served was tasty and freshly prepared. The business lounge in DOH welcoming and with a good food variety, a lot of space for everyone and good facilities. Pity that you have to take the shuttle from the aircraft to the airport and return, but I'm sure it will be resolved with the new terminal. I must add that I was a bit taken aback by the behaviour of the staff upon arrival in MEL: some paramedics and public health officers boarded the plane as soon as the gangway was connected and the flight attendants seemed to be very unprepared to handle the traffic flow of passengers off the aircraft and the boarding officers: very bizarre!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

NBO-DOH-MXP and return. Flights on time and check in smoothly. Outbound: No lounge access given in NBO despite lounges are becoming restored upon the fire in August. NBO-DOH: Small aircraft A320. Onboard: Food plenty, 2 options given for dinner. Drinks also plenty. Wines are the same 4 which has been offered for the recent 3 years. No options to select beer apart from Heineken. Juices few and no innovations for years. IFE on A320 (NBO-DOH) ridiculous (overhead monitors showing soap). Premium frequent flyers identified and respected by crew, given some preferential options (food, luggage, seating). The A330-200 flights (DOH-MXP-DOH) were also pretty full. IFE good. Service OK to good. Note for QR flights departing after midnight, that only breakfasts are offered in economy (three choices, though). Champagne served MXP-DOH. MXP lounge used by QR was excellent with a super view to the runways (separate review). DOH-NBO: Upgraded to business class as economy was full/almost full. Excellent service. Dinner served 01:30 - 4 options for hot main dish. Two class-champagnes offered and high-class wines as well. 10 of 12 seats in business were taken (of which 2-3 were assumed upgrades). No lie flat but OK for 5 hours flight.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 December 2013 by Elmasery Fayez    (Canada)

On time, comfort, safety, excellent service and professional crew on all flights - YYZ-JFK-DOH-DXB and return DXB-DOH-LHR using Qatar Airways and last leg LHR-YYZ with AC. Hoping one day will fly direct from Toronto.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Gerung James    (Singapore)

Taken the flight from SIN-DOH-BUC and back. Uses Boeing 777 for SIN-DOH and Airbus 320 for BUC-DOH. Overall, the plane quality and cleanliness are good or above average but in regards to the facilities, the USB port on the seats on all airlines seems not to work properly. It doesn't charge properly. It may seems small matters but arriving in a destination without working phone is troublesome and unable to contact anyone in emergency. Service on the BUC-DOH was rude and ignorant. Request for flight attendant was turned off without questioning on the issue.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by S Renato    (Italy)

First time with Qatar from Venice to Kuala Lumpur via Doha. Outbound flight with an A320 as amended (less seats) with super space between the seat and the seat. My children have been pampered for the whole journey both outward and return flights. Clean air, great food. Only problem the return flight from KLIA was 3 hours late. However, a great company.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by G Buchanan    (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Bali (8/11/13) was a pleasant experience with fantastic crew on both legs. We even got a honeymoon cake on the first leg. Not a problem with the airline at all, just some rude travellers flying with us. MAN-DOH Airbus A330-200 a bit tired but by no means old, DOH-DPS Boeing 777-200ER modern aircraft and comfortable. The return journey, however, was a shambles (20/11/13). Denpasar to Doha with a stop in Singapore. DOH-MAN was a great flight although slightly rough, arrived one hour early and the head Flight Attendant was very very pleasant with me and made me feel comfortable despite my fears. Older aircraft and a fair few AVOD systems not working, including my own for the first 30 minutes of the flight. All they could do was reset it.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by S Hameed    (India)

Traveled with my wife JFK-DOH-Cochin last month. Overall the flights were okay but to the food quality has nothing special. The service of cabin crew was good and satisfactory. Having traveled long haul flights with Qatar Airways before, I am used to their service which is good.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Karen Clark    (Australia)

DPS-ORD-DPS. Our flight was delayed 4 hours out of Denpasar due to APEC being held in Bali and the airport being closed to the public at certain hours of the day. We knew this in advance and asked to change our flight a day earlier as we only had a 3 hour lay over in Doha before our flight to Chicago. Qatar assured us that the airport closure would not affect them and that changing our flight would incur a fee. We were met at Doha airport by ground staff who gave us the option of staying overnight or flying to Chicago without our luggage. As we had only two nights in Chicago we decided to fly without our luggage. The luggage arrived at our hotel the next day. In the air we always find the product and the service given very good and of a uniform quality. Our return flight left on time from Chicago with a 5 hour wait for our flight to Bali. This turned into a 12 wait as our flight was delayed. The captain made an announcement explaining the delay and apologized for any inconvenience This is the second time I have experienced problems with connections being late and whilst I understand these things happen I hope it does not become the norm. It feels like this airline is growing very fast and needs the new airport and new aircraft to keep up with demand. Their business class product is very good and we were not disappointed once we were in the air.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  5 December 2013 by A Aziz    (UK)

Travelled on LHE-DOH-MAN flight in economy class. LHE-DOH was with 777-ER and had comfortable seats but DOH-MAN was A330 an old model with really congested seats. Not only this but inflight crew were not helpful. Food quality is just enough but most of all I found Doha airport really dis-satisfactory. The transit terminal and arrivals are served with buses and that makes transit very painful especially if travelling with kids. I am not impressed with Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Nadkarni Rahul    (India)

Flew Business class on Goa-Doha-New York (JFK) on 13 Nov and return on 27 Nov, New York (JFK) - Doha-Goa. The flight from Goa to Doha was an A321 which did not have fully lie flats seats but recliner type seats which were ok considering the flight was short and lasted only for about 3.5 hours. The service on the flight was excellent and staff addressed you by name. The food was good but it was more in the continental style. The premium lounge in Doha was superb with an excellent spread and nice ambience. The shower areas were great. The flight from Doha to JFK was a Boeing 777-300 ER which had fully lie flat seats and were really comfortable. The AVOD system was good. Service provided by staff was again excellent and they made an extra effort to make you comfortable. Pyjamas sets were provided plus Salvatore Ferragmo pouches. Food was good but again of continental style rather the Middle Eastern style which was my preference. The luggage arrived before economy class and we were out clearing immigration in no time. On the return flight from JFK airport the American Airlines lounge called the Admirals lounge was pathetic, you could only get one coke, water or beer per person. You could have a few cookies, some fruit and some salty titbits as complimentary, everything else you had to pay for. The return flight was very similar to outbound flight and same great service was provided with similar amenities. All in all a very satisfying experience and we would surely fly Qatar airways again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by David Stahl    (Sweden)

Stockholm-Doha-Kochi (India) on Nov 26. I have done this trio many times with QR and I'm very satisfied. The new Dreamliner from Stockholm to Doha is very comfortable, spacious and silent. But I couldn't see that the windows were bigger! A spacious galley with fruits, cakes and an unopened champagne bottle. Plenty of space for legs, hand baggage and computer, reading materials and other small things at the seat. The toilet are very spacious. On the Doha-Kochi sector they have put in bigger aircraft's with "angled lie flat chairs" in Business class. A big improvement to the old planes on this sector. Very friendly staff, competent, they managed to make my computer hook on to the WiFi system onboard. In QR business class you can get food served whenever you want. On an earlier flight on the same sector, they wanted to serve a third dinner on the flight Doha-Kochi (the two earlier were on Stockholm-Doha and in Doha terminal) but I asked for breakfast instead and they gave me a really good breakfast! The staff was apologetic that they couldn't give me an omelette, but I tried to convince them that it didn't matter. I call that service. I feel the staff onboard is QR's best resource, airport staff are very good too.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  28 November 2013 by R Barton    (UK)

MAN-DOH-BKK-HAN-SGN-DOH-MAN. Really impressed with the seats, service and entertainment on all flights. World class airline in same bracket as Emirates and Etihad. Arguably Singapore Airlines still marginally superior. 777 seats wider and entertainment system better than A330, however 2-4-2 layout is preferable for couples relative to the 3-3-3 777 layout. Fortunate to be upgraded to business on the red eye SGN - DOH flight which was great, notwithstanding that particular A330 being an older example. Still extremely comfortable and accommodated an excellent night's sleep. Check in for all sectors fine, Doha airport bus transfers a bit of a novelty but acceptable and soon to be replaced. Will certainly use the airline again if priced most competitively as was the case in this instance.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Farouk Mogheth    (Thailand)

Bangkok-Doha-Cairo and back. All in all a very pleasant and civilized experience. Reservation and online check in and seat selection a breeze. At the airport very pleasant staff and my online check in had me bypass a rather huge line at the regular check in as I only needed a baggage drop off. The colour coding of Qatar Airways and the airport is great. The check-in was handled in Bangkok perfectly with rows as well as seats navigated from the left 1 and 2 doors. This resulted in a very speedy and no stress boarding of a fully booked huge airliner. Staff were great with a personal service but without the over-cheesy attitude of another Middle Eastern airline. The food was good and the staff ran every 30-45 minutes with drink rounds. Connection was short and the airport OK. Flight to Cairo was good and the staff had to work double to control passengers that simply ignore every and each announcement from standing while landing etc. The return flight was good but certain points ruined the perfect first impression. Check in was closed but the screens were on and staff at economy check in with a large crowd. The boarding was terrible but I guess I can attest to the less than friendly Cairo terminal 1 holding gates that is barely enough for a small plane but not a 100% booked 777-300. It was a bit of chaos and people standing everywhere. Very claustrophobic. I would suggest Qatar to change its check in counters from the very tight side of T1 as there was no space whatsoever and to request 2 gates since at the moment of waiting to be bussed to the plane, it was a less than 1 star experience. Otherwise the flights were on time, food great and staff consistent. Definitely will recommend and I believe that the new airport in Qatar is desperately needed. The transfer was very easy and rather pleasant but the terminal was a bit too basic. So 7/10 just for not being able to handle check in and boarding as elegantly as in Bangkok. Qatar should look into it.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Sergio Kapusta    (USA)

4 Nov, Houston-Doha, QR714 and 15 Nov, Doha-Houston, QR713. Business class. Check in at Houston: the desk staff did not know whether coach class seats had power outlets. They do, as anyone can find out on the Qatar Airways website. Continuing with the flight attendants. They all seemed to be in-training: could not remember to bring coffee, or water, even though they were very attentive just not very efficient. On both ways my choice of food was not available. I had to ask 2 or 3 times each way for dessert. The 777LR aircraft in a 2x2x2 business class configuration is not very comfortable being trapped for 16 hours between a window and a sleeping passenger. Doha Airport on both arrivals and departures is undeserving of the beautiful and progressive country of Qatar. Taking my hand luggage down the stairs, up the bus, off the bus, up to immigration is a chore, and nobody from the airline offered any help. Overall not a bad airline.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 November 2013 by J Scott    (USA)

IAD-DOH, Flight 708 on a 777-300 ER. Food was fine, the guy at the check in counter changed my seat three times as people checked in to get me an empty bulkhead row, so good on him. Onboard, the service was awful. My flight attendant had a scowl, rushed passed me at every opportunity, and was really surly with requests.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  18 November 2013 by R Walmsley    (Australia)

PER-DOH-LHR and return. Having never flown with Qatar (normally a Singapore customer), I was tempted by the price and time saved by flying through the Middle East. Can't really fault the experience too much and would recommend them. The PER-DOH flight was a 777 and very comfortable. Lots of leg room and space - felt very relaxed. Entertainment was good too with plenty of films etc. The new Dreamliner flight from DOH-LHR was nearly as good but definitely more cramped. Knees pressing against seat in front. Those IFE boxes have a lot to answer for especially on aisle seats - feet space is minimal. Luckily for me on all 4 flights, I had no one sitting next to me so could stretch out. May have been lower score if flight was full. Food and service on all flights was as good as it gets although return trip to Perth was a bit lacking as they were tight with offering up water. Doha airport is in the middle of an upgrade so it was a bit chaotic but ok. Definitely would fly with them again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Ian Lancaster    (UK)

TRV-DOH-LHR, Nov 12, Business. My first Qatar flight, taking advantage of the airline joining OneWorld. And in one word - excellent. A320 (or was it 321?) out of Trivandrum to Doha, big, comfortable seat - a proper business/1st class seat, not a pretend one like most airlines use on their single-aisle short-haul aircraft. A 50-minute transfer in Doha which went very smoothly (would I have made it if I'd had baggage or been in economy?), and a lie-flat seat on a 777 to LHR. Very attentive FAs, decent food, excellent AVOD, on time (actually half-hour early in to LHR thanks to wind).

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Gaurav Goyal    (UK)

MAN-DOH-BOM, return 24th Oct. Standards have dropped compared to previous experiences, out of 4 legs only on 2 legs reserved seats with infant were honoured. Staff attitude in air as well as on ground not very friendly.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by L Sharman    (UK)

We flew into Doha on time with a 1hr 5 mins transfer time. Cabin crew took their seats for landing and then we circled for nearly an hour. We were on the first Economy bus from the plane and hurried to the departure gate. The people directly in front of us were allowed through and we were sent to the nearby desk where we were told that we were too late and sent upstairs to customer service. The first 2 men we complained to disappeared, and we had to request a Supervisor who eventually took us to a lounge where we spent a very uncomfortable night. The next morning we were sent to the wrong check in desk, eventually we arrived in the Maldives for sunset on the first day of our holiday. We brought forward our return as Qatar had cancelled a flight as our tickets arrived and we should have had a 9 hour wait in Doha, we spent the flight from the Maldives worrying about our 1 hr 5 mins transfer time but it worked this time.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by P Trebuchet    (UAE)

BCN-DOH-DXB. A good flight but nothing impressive. Jacquart Champagne and Janneau Cognac were served during the flight, cabin crew was very attentive. However, food options limited and quite low-quality. IFE poor this time, with a very small choice of new movies and music albums. Seats were quite comfortable. All-day snack is very repetitive for frequent flyer, always the same pizza and almond cake! Transfer at Doha was ok but I hate that old airport. It's a good new to know that they will shift soon to new terminal.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Mohamud Farah Rage    (Denmark)

CPH-DOH-NBO. NBO-DOH-CPH. Been doing this leg every summer since 2011, loved the trip. Chatted with the Cabin Crew. The service was excellent, hard working staff in DOH. Nairobi Staff were too serious, could smile a little more. Food was ok, but I would like some changes as the meals have been the same over the last 2 years. IFE was excellent but the seat space was a little too tight. Excited to Fly with QR again this December and can't wait to Experience the 787 from CPH!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  1 November 2013 by D Chatzi    (Greece)

ATH-DOH-DXB on 320 and 787 respectively. All flights on time with smooth transfers in DOH. That said, new airport must open ASAP as it will make the experience much more pleasant. Staff attentive and friendly but would have liked to see a few more smiles, especially during service time. Food and beverages good, well presented. Cabin atmosphere nice and relaxing, but the seat comfort on the dreamliner not so good. Pre-departure services efficient but I have seen better and far more impressive. IFE needs to be updated and offer more alternatives. Too much Bollywood and Arabic stuff, needs more options. DOH-DXB we were not offered headphones because 'it is a very short flight' as we were advised. Their 4-star competition does offer headsets on this route though. All in all a nice experience, would definitely recommend but a little overestimated airline.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Thomas Johnston    (UK)

MAN-DOH-BKK. Check in at Manchester was fine, due to my height 6ft’6, I'd asked for a note to be posted on the system asking for a seat with extra legroom. Priority boarding for Privilege Club members, took off a few minutes late, flight seemed to be full. The cabin crew soon were coming around with drinks and menus, entertainment system ready for use, I checked what was on offer and was watching my first choice movie when the meal was served. I had a chicken noodle dish which was one the best meals I'd had in economy class. I rarely sleep on a flight but I may have dozed off for a few minutes before watching a few more movies. Arrived at Doha earlier than expected, I had 1 hour 20 minutes transit so had booked the Al Maha Fast track service, a very efficient young lady met me at the plane and travelled with me on the transfer bus escorted me direct to the onward check-in for the next flight and straight passed the queue to the departure bus. Bangkok flight was on 777, a vast improvement on the airbus comfort wise similar to previous flight movie and a little doze, had a walk down to the galley for a drink and spent some time chatting to the cabin crew. A nice breakfast and arrived in Bangkok on time. Luggage already on the conveyor by the time I'd cleared customs. When I checked in for return flight I used my Qmiles to upgrade to business class from Doha - Manchester so checked in at the business counter and discovered I'd been upgraded to Silver level so I was given access to the priority customers clearance and a pass to the business lounge a nice surprise. Just after boarding the senior cabin attendant came to see me and explained she was aware that my next flight was in business and that prior to landing in Doha she would move me to a seat closer to the business cabin so I could go on the business class but direct to the premium terminal. I spent 8 hours in Doha that the reason for the upgrade to business had a nice dinner followed by breakfast before boarding the flight. Business cabin had only 10 passengers so we were all spoilt by the best cabin crew I've experienced, members of the crew introduced themselves and chatted to passengers.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by S Kamila    (Belgium)

BRU-DOH-CCU and back. Flights, food and service were more or less ok, they took us to the destination with a minor delay. What bothered us was: Half of the plane was very hot and the other half was freezing (same thing happened last year). That each of us, including a 2-year old baby, were assigned seats in an entirely different location. The entertainment systems often had some minor faults (kept fast forwarding movies if one put their arm on the armrest, some buttons did not work at all). Will try a different route next time if possible.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by H Yu    (Japan)

JNB-DOH-ALG, Sept. This is my second time with Qatar. The hand-lotion had disappeared 30 minutes after departure, and was not been replaced. The airport is so crowed (might not be the fault of the airline), maybe not for business flyers (hopefully, it can join One-World quicker, so that when I use the airport next time, I can use their lounge). The super cheap ticket is good that it is accessible for many people but the coin definitely has another side!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by S Sutton    (UK)

We flew recently from London to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia via Doha. The entire trip (to and from) consisted of four 7-hour flights with approximately 2-4 hours stopover at Doha Airport. While we do not have any major complaints, Qatar Airways, in our opinion, do not deserve a 5* airline rating for economy class. The cleanliness of the plane left a lot to be desired. On all four legs of the journey, scraps of litter could be seen near the window seats. Food remnants were found on the fold-down table and on the cushion supplied. We were generally satisfied in terms of the level of service, food, entertainment and the comfort of seat. The touch screen can be a bit hit-and-miss and on one of our flights, my partner's TV screen was faulty. Staff were all very polite although it would be interesting to see how they cope if the plane was busier. Previous experience with Emirates were far more satisfactory.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Muhammed Siddiqui    (UAE)

Travelled during eid holidays from AUH-DOH-KHI and vice versa. The service was good. However, the seats were not that comfortable. Apart from this issue everything was good. Would definitely travel again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Atul Pande    (USA)

Round-trip JFK-DOH-AMD. Overall, excellent experience on all counts. Friendly and courteous staff. Purser came around to make personal introduction and to explain flight amenities. Food was outstanding and the wine choices were top notch (including a 2003 Brunello di Montalcino). All flights were on time or early. The only strange part of the whole experience is the long bus ride from the plane to the terminals - I did it twice as I was transiting through DOH. The Business Class Lounge is probably one of the most grand and well-served that I have experienced. There are multiple stations for tea/coffee, snacks, full meals, and a fully stocked bar. They also provide table service. Flight departures are announced discreetly but effectively.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Richard Batah    (Canada)

YUL-DOH-DAC. Sep 27 2013. Our flights were on time. We were very well received on board. The service was great. The flight attendants were pleasant and efficient. The Premium Lounge in Doha is very comfortable, meeting all our needs and transit time was short. We've been flying this route for 3 years now and have not had any delays. We flew a B777-200 to Doha and A330-200 to Dhaka. Just love the young fleet. The only negative is that the lie flat beds on theA330 which do not completely lie flat, are not as comfortable as on the B777. Can't wait to fly Qatar again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by C Johnson    (Australia)

QR 31, 21/9, QR 19, 22/9, QR 20, 11/10 and QR 30, 12/10. Have just returned to Melbourne from Paris having done the same sectors last year. Another faultless (as far as they can be) flying experience. Good food, wine and service. Although a nice terminal at Doha the transfer is a bit lengthy. Wouldn't hesitate to fly with Qatar again. Entertainment selection not huge but OK.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by D Shah    (UK)

LHR-DOH-NBO. Flew the Dreamliner 787 from LHR-DOH, fantastic aircraft, great in-flight entertainment, the steward(ess's) were all friendly and smiling, food was really tasty, seats were comfortable too. Transfer from aircraft to terminal in Doha was quite lengthy but guess that will improve once they have the new terminal. From DOH-NBO it was an A320, small aircraft but comfortable and again good food and service throughout. The only complaint I have about the flight was that my flight was from 16.00 GMT+1 arriving in NBO 05.35 (GMT+1) and on the LHR-DOH leg they said they don't provide amenity kits because its a day flight (I only wanted the sleeping shades) and then when I got onto the DOH-NBO flight again they don't provide the amenity kits (the flight was from 02.20 - 07.35, GMT+3). Then they serve Dinner on this 2am flight, without a doubt the foods great but its 2am and I wanted to sleep. So if your flying on some overnight flight then take your own in economy!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Tim Crowley    (UK)

LHR-DOH and DOH-SIN economy. Great flight in economy from LHR-DOH. Seats comfortable, service excellent and inflight entertainment good. Overnight flight and managed to get sleep. Only criticism is they turned lights on a bit early before landing in DOH. Had a quick transfer in DOH for flight to SIN but waited on ground for other connections so flight departed 80 mins late. Plane from DOH to SIN a 777 which was bigger than 330. Again seats good but service very poor with 2 cabin attendants who must have come from BA they were so surly. Inflight entertainment system slower than the flight from LHR. On plus side the 2 flights were the smoothest and quietest I have ever had from UK to SIN. Airline a good 4 star but not 5.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Michael Schrier    (Philippines)

My wife and I travelled from Manila-Doha-Oslo (Business Class) on 24th/25th Sep 2013. I have nothing but praise for the attendants and aircraft on the outbound journey. First leg was a 777ER this is still a great plane. Second leg was on a 787 Dreamliner, this plane makes even the 777 seem obsolete. Inbound journey from Oslo to Doha was again a Dreamliner and was as close to perfect as you could ask for. When we boarded the flight from Doha to Manila on 10th Sep 2013 it was not good from the start. We have flown many times on Qatar Business Class and this was the first time the attendant just pointed up the aisle and said the 2 seats up front on the right. When it came to food, I chose the seafood entree and the lobster part was still half frozen, there was no tablecloth or serviettes. At least for the main course we were then given tablecloth and serviettes. However we both chose the tenderloin beef, this turned out to be dry and overcooked. I was asked which wine would I like, I chose a Chardonnay which was excellent but when I asked for another I was given about a tablespoon full and was told they had run out. This flight is always overbooked so it makes sense for the airline to fill the seats. In doing this though, the moment these people see free unlimited food and drink they consume it like there is no tomorrow. The plane was an Airbus which is not of the quality of their Boeings due to its age and the seat leg lift did not raise so I ended up with swollen feet as I do in economy. Luckily we spent all our Qmiles on duty free in Doha so now I will try another airline next time. It is a shame as we have never had anything but praise for Qatar.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 October 2013 by M Kent    (UK)

Aspires to be a 'five' star airline. We flew UK to Malaysia via Doha, two 7hr legs with a 3hr stop over in Doha. Planes were pretty clean, seats fairly comfortable but we had a much newer plane on the 2nd outbound leg and this was the best leg of our return trips. Staff were very nice, drinks plentiful and varied, food pretty good too. Entertainment system worked fine, good selection of films/TV to keep you busy. MAS we have flown before are a 5* airline, the planes and service just that bit better though you do pay more. Baggage allowance was increased just before we flew to 30kg. They are also fairly relaxed on hand luggage, which does mean the overhead storage fills up! The transfer in Doha involved a lengthy bus shuttle to/from the terminal building, but perhaps we were unlucky where our planes were parked. I'd use again but would weigh up the saving over a direct flight as there's not much in Doha!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 October 2013 by R John    (Australia)

MEL-DOH-BCN. I think it is important that, if you have connecting flight via DOH, you need at least a 2 hour transit time between flights because the bussing between the planes and terminal is painstakingly slow. This will, of course, improve when the new airport is finished. I've come to the conclusion that a long haul economy flight on any airline can become hell on earth after several hours. Crying babies and a too cold cabin only add to the discomfort. The seat in front of me seemed to recline just a little too far and I felt literally boxed in. Qatar do make an effort to make flights a little more comfortable. Great food and staff as well as comfortable seating certainly helped.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by A Khan    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Kathmandu. Everything was good until Doha however, a bit sad from Doha to Kathmandu. It was bit tight but overall experience was excellent.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 October 2013 by B Uttiya    (USA)

IAH-DOH-CCU-DOH-IAD, September 23, 2013. IAH-DOH - Incoming aircraft had a lightening strike on its way in and needed a complete check by engineers in Houston. This delayed the flight by over 5 hours and everyone missed connections in DOH. Qatar staff in Doha came through for everyone, with alternate flights already worked out by the time we reached DOH. Most people were provided transit visas and accommodation, with a generous food allowance in DOH. IFE was good, food was okay. Cabin staff was polite and helpful. DOH-CCU - Cabin crew excellent. I had a non functional IFE screen and they tried a restart thrice. After that, they switched my seat. The food service was thorough, service was attentive and I felt comfortable in a flight with service after a long time. CCU-DOH - Good cabin crew, good food and attentive service. Ground staff from Air India could not keep up with the Qatar staff and fumbled the service all through. On the flight, smooth sailing. DOH-IAH - Attentive cabin crew and good service all round. The only negative was when they ran out of meal options for the lunch service and had to force the same veg option on everyone. IFE malfunctioned during the flight and they reset the whole system, that took 30 mins or so. However, IFE service was good. Overall, satisfied with the service, crew and IFE. It would be better for them to rethink their Indian choice for veg, as the food tends to get too dry over a long haul flight.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Norman Lee    (Singapore)

SIN-DOH-MAN/BRU-DOH-SIN. Excellent on-board service and the seat pitch is the best I have seen in Economy for a long time. The 777s use 3-3-3 configuration, which makes for a comfortable seat. Pouches with toothbrush, socks, ear plugs and eye-mask were given out on the overnight sectors. Only thing that could get better was on the BRU- DOH sector, crew ran out of food trays at the back of the plane and had to ask a few times from the crew in the front. I also had to remind the crew that my travelling companion needed a diabetic meal. But these are small issues. In all, value for money, better than the other airlines who try to pack close to 400 passengers on their 777s for the same price.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  30 September 2013 by R Brennan    (Australia)

PER-DOH-JFK, PER-DOH-CDG, MXP-DOH-PER. Great new fleet, even the older A320s and A330s are new compared to other major airlines. Newer 777s are gorgeous, though have flaws (like stuck TV screens and dirty seats). Food is average. When connecting for hours in Doha, you still find yourself with a breakfast omelette followed by another breakfast omelette on the next flight? Entertainment system - good when it works. Great selection, but on 6 flights I had 3 seats without working TV and 4 headphones that did not work. Service - pretty poor. Staff are generally indifferent, friendly-but-dazed. Timeliness - my experience has not tracked with the on-time stats of the airline. I had one out of six flights depart on time. The rest arrived late by an hour or so. Very decent option for the price, but not anywhere as good an experience as its "5 Star" competitors such as Singapore or Cathay.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  26 September 2013 by James Laskowski    (Thailand)

BKK-CDG w/a change in Doha and CDG-BKK. This is the 2nd time I have flown w/ Qatar this year and each leg the service is friendly and efficient and the Food is really good. Not to mention their on-time departures. The seats have sufficient space, even reclines (well for me at least at 5'7"). They have great selection of food and entertainment and if your lucky enough for an overnight flight a great pouch consisting of socks, eye-mask and toothbrush. Anytime you ask for help or are served the flight attendants have a smile. For the money - this is by far my favorite airline.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  26 September 2013 by S Chim    (Singapore)

SIN-DOH-BRU and TXL-DOH-SIN. Food onboard was acceptable. Seats were fairly comfortable. Inflight service ranged from average to outstanding, depending on the flight attendant. Inflight entertainment was very good. The problem was the transit at Doha, it was nothing short of a disaster. The buses that take you to and from the terminal were excruciatingly slow and extremely packed. Even though the bus doors were shut, the buses didn't move and we were on the tarmac for about 15 minutes. No announcement, no apologies. The terminal itself was packed when we got there and clearly did not have enough toilets. While they were not downright filthy, they were certainly not the cleanest toilets in any airport, anywhere. After having our boarding pass scanned for the transfer flight, we took an escalator down to the waiting area in the bus bay. We waited more than an hour there, with about 10 seats, no toilets, in a room that could comfortably only hold 25 passengers, but is now holding a whole plane load. Many started sitting/sleeping on the floor. When it was time to board the bus, a stone faced staff member came down to tell us to queue up. Again, no announcement, no apologies, just do as you're told. When the bus got to the plane, surprise surprise, the doors stayed closed and we stayed inside the packed bus for another 15 minutes. Only on the plane did the captain explain that the aircraft came in late, resulting in the delay. I wouldn't want to do another transit in Doha again, at least not until their new airport is completed.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by W Harsha    (UK)

LHR-DXB return via DOH. First leg on A330 - seat and entertainment fine. I hold privilege club gold status and was greeted onboard by crew. Meal choices outlined were inconsistent with what was actually served. Overnight flight, which departed one hour late - cabin lights dimmed after dinner service, but fully illuminated three hours before landing when they served a snack (which was appalling). Missed connecting flight in Doha, but was already booked onto the next flight, and had to wait only 90 mins. Second leg on a new A321, with touchscreen entertainment. Crew were polite and efficient. Snack served on this 40minute flight consisted of a savoury and sweet breakfast - which was horrible. A microwaved sandwich and a muffin. Return DXB-DOH again new A321, crew once again polite, efficient and friendly. Awful snack once more. DOH-LHR leg was disappointing. The flight was full and on a A330 which was clearly showing its age. Old style IFE - with controller inbuilt into the armrest - which makes it very awkward to operate. Crew were clearly over stretched and somewhat inexperienced, forgetting requests and serving wrong meals. I will continue to fly QR but the decline in catering is a concern. Also I have noticed that some crew lack the hospitality which has made QR deserve its 5* status. I remain committed to flying QR whenever possible and will continue to recommend.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by O Hammoudy    (Egypt)

MCT-DOH-CAI. First leg served with an old and cramped A320. Inflight catering for that leg was not the best, just an average snack, crew members were doing a good job on that sector. Transit in Doha was a short one around 2 hrs. The terminal itself is so boring if compared to EK's T3 at DXB with a very limited food outlets and coffee shops. The Second leg was served with the companies pride, not the 787 but the 777-300ER I would say that the aircraft is pretty much enjoyable in the 3-3-3 abreast layout over Emirates 3-4-3 which gives a feeling of flying a budget airline. Cabin crew on the second leg were just missing the proficiency of a five star airline. Wont hesitate to fly QR again for the sake of the cheap fares.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Alan Gibb    (Hong Kong)

We flew to Manchester from HK last month with our baby son. On 3 legs of the trip the service and general experience could not be faulted, in particular the cabin crew were genuinely caring for our son providing him with chocolates, toys and carrying him around the airplane. On the Doha - Manchester leg of the journey the service was appalling, very offhand perhaps not helped by the fact there were extra demands on the attendants due to the fact the in-flight entertainment was not working but our baby son was ignored right down to fact there was no offer of baby food for him! So 3 legs unsurpassed service, far superior to my experience on my regular business class airlines, but of course what one remembers, unfortunately, was the one poor experience which was made more memorable by how good the rest of the journey was.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by C Rick    (Singapore)

SIN-DOH-LHR-DOH-SIN. New plane for SIN-DOH-SIN, good service but not comparable with SQ or CX. DOH-LHR-DOH on dated A330, Inflight entertainment system old with technical issues both ways. However will still use QR for its cheap fare.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by B Dawood    (UK)

London to Dubai via Doha. The service received from the check in desk to all air crew was impeccable. Seats were of good comfort in economy and leg room was good as well. Inflight entertainment had a large number of choices to choose from. A bit of everything for everyone. Was travelling with a 5 Year old and catered their needs well, as well as giving well presented child's meal. Only the transfer at Doha needs to improve a bit as having go by coach to the transit and aircraft is annoying. But overall very good and the best service I have had on anyone airline I have travelled, that includes BA, Virgin and emirates.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 September 2013 by S Venkatraman    (Norway)

Been a Qatar frequent flier for a couple of years. Gold card holder and choose Qatar as the preferred airline. Generally extremely Professional and experienced crew. In recent times, have noticed that the quality of Food can be much better. I generally choose AVML as the Choice. On the last flight from DOH-OSL, I was served a chicken sandwich instead of vegetarian. Been served Pasta as AVML on one of the flights. Food quality is one thing that I believe that QR has dropped in. Customer service is still good (even if an occasional mistake happens). The thing that I did not like on my OSL-DOH flight is that they introduced the 787. I would any day prefer the Comfort of the 777-300ER.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Julian Walby    (UK)

Return flight to from London to KL via Doha. 3 of the 4 aircraft's were modern and clean with great in-flight entertainment (all newish A330s) and very good food. Last flight (Doha to London) was awful. Old A330, very smelly, not especially clean and rubbish in-flight entertainment. A real disappointment but would not put me off flying Qatar again as generally excellent. Doha airport isn't as bad as everyone says but the busses to and from the terminal do take forever and aren't particularly well air conditioned.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 September 2013 by C Sansom    (UK)

LHR-DOH-DXB-DOH-LHR. 4 flights on B787/A320/A330. Excellent flights with very smart and professional cabin crew. The meals were tasty and of good quality and nicely presented. 5 star and very happy to travel again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Terry Curtise    (UK)

BKK-DOH, 16/09/2013. A true 5 star airline. Seats very spacious and comfortable. Staff very attentive and helpful. Great selection of food, IFE very good with a great range of new release and classic films. Will fly Qatar whenever possible.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 September 2013 by K Daidola    (Spain)

Had high expectations flying with this 5 star airline. We decided on the route MAD-DOH-BKK-DOH-MAD to fly with Qatar for the first time. It was basically all above average but a bit short for a 5 star. No surprises, all was efficient, smooth and professional. The 777-300 was used on all our four flights. Great entertainment system although the boxes takes up some leg space. Food was correct and service professional but felt quite robotic. Drinks were served frequently during the flights. Planes were all clean and in very good appearance. Doha airport is a problem, long bus rides to and from the plane. This will be solved once the new airport opens. We hoped for it to be so before our trip but they still have no date.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 September 2013 by James Tinning    (Austria)

Perth, WA to London, LHR on 8 August. I have never felt so well looked after onboard any airline. Despite the length of this journey (22 hours) I thoroughly enjoyed it. Perth - Doha leg was onboard a B777-200LR, a very comfortable aircraft. The IFE was brilliant and I was well entertained by (literally) 100s of movies, games and television shows. The cabin was ambient with a lovely mood-lighting system. The connection at Doha International was smooth, and took me just 1hr and 30 minutes to be onboard my London-bound flight, coming from the 777. Doha is a very pleasant airport, and a much newer one is on the way. The London leg was onboard B787 and had a very comfortable arrangement (as do all Qatar Aircraft) with Thales IFE. Again wonderful entertainment. The food was wonderful at all parts of the journey and various meals are provided with generous portions. The cabin crew were so professional and smart, very friendly. I am very much looking forward to flying Qatar again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  6 September 2013 by A Davidson    (UK)

MAN-DOH-SIN-DOH-MAN. A330 first leg. Really comfortable seat but preferred 777 on second leg which was perfect lie flat seat and so much roomier. Staff were excellent and couldn't do enough - very polite and attentive. Good Oryx system, great headsets and good choice of films. Food excellent and as much drink as you like. The only disappointment was the 'fast track' luggage. Most of economy had left the airport whilst business class were still standing at the conveyor waiting for theirs 40 minutes later!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  6 September 2013 by J Barnes    (Australia)

MEL-DOH and DOH-MEL. On flight home mobile phone (on charge) slipped down into seat table mechanism and couldn't be retrieved by hand. Head steward did everything he could to no avail. On arrival he had arranged for an engineer to board plane to dismantle seat. The phone was delivered back to us while waiting for luggage, The effort of staff to do their best was appreciated.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  5 September 2013 by Gerard Adams    (Seychelles)

Qatar-Seychelles, QR703, 1 Aug 2013. Doha-Melbourne. QR30. 2 Aug and returned departing 25 August, QR31 to Doha and 27 Aug, QR702 to Seychelles. While in general we were satisfied with the flights, there are a number of issues I would like to raise: 1) We were seated in row 24 on QR30, about halfway down economy. When the meal trolley came we were told instead of the 3 meal options, only one was still available. 2) When I asked for a glass of wine, I was told it would be brought later. It arrived after my meal was finished. 3) On the return leg my wife who has a bladder problem asked if the trolley could be moved to allow her out. She was told she would have to wait until the attendants had finished and were ready to move on. 4) QR31 25 August was heavily booked. When the lights were brightened after approximately 10 hours, there was naturally a rush for the toilets. The number provided on the 777 is in my opinion inadequate. Long queues soon formed.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Prakash Selvam    (India)

MAA-DOH-CDG-JFK (round trip) with our 19 month old infant. CDG-JFK flight was hectic (AA flight) with no legroom. The food was fantastic and the crew were great. Oryx Entertainment system was really good and easy to handle. The whole experience was positive.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 September 2013 by A Shaban    (Pakistan)

KHI-DOH-JFK-DOH-KHI, August 2013. Staff service still remains excellent. On JFK-DOH sector the cabin crew were the most efficient and helpful crew I have encountered in 20 years. On my last leg of journey, the entertainment system was not working. Seat has limited recline. QR needs to improve or may lose the Business class segment of it's loyal customers. Premier lounge at Doha is still excellent but Premier lounge duty free shop has very limited selection of products.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by J Halton    (Australia)

PER-DOH-LHR on 13 August and LHR-DOH-PER 24 August. 777's all flights. I had a great experience. Staff were very attentive, plenty of drinks offered between meals. Food was adequate, and on the longer legs there were sandwiches and cakes available in the galley. Seating comfortable, the 3-3-3 configuration helps enormously. I was able to stretch out a bit due to some empty seats on the longer legs but even on the packed DOH-LHR flights it was great to have the leg room. The Oryx entertainment system was fine for me. Some new releases and plenty of old favourites. Nice to get an amenity kit on the longer flights also. I would definitely choose to fly with Qatar Airways again, but it will be even better once the new airport is built in Doha.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  30 August 2013 by P J Trebuchet    (UAE)

DXB-DOH-BCN, 2013 July 19th. A good flight overall, but it quality of service went without a doubt down those last months. Always the same mess at DXB Terminal 1 check-in counter, Dnata handling group is really a disaster. For this only reason, you might prefer to fly Emirates which does not outsource its Terminal 3 to Dnata. Doha airport also was chaotic, with very long bus rides and disorganized ground staff. Food service was appalling on DXB-DOH leg (a half burnt-half frozen spinach "sandwich"), however, breakfast and snack served on DOH-BCN flight were both good without being outstanding. Cabin crew were very professional and attentive to the aircraft's cleanliness. QR remains a good choice.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  30 August 2013 by D Hicks    (UK)

LHR-DOH-BKK return in economy. A frequent flyer with Qatar since 2009, I can say that they have really gone "downhill", and no longer deserve a 5* rating in economy class. While the aircraft are still modern, with new aircraft always arriving, the seats spacious (except for 787), and the in-flight entertainment is good, the food and drinks have really become poor. They are as bad now as on many US carriers, or worse. In contrast, in 2009, Qatar had gourmet restaurant quality food. The levels and quality of service from most cabin crews has also declined to being very average. It is very rare, for example, to see a tray of drinks being carried around now between meals. Overall, I would not recommend Qatar Airways any more.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 August 2013 by O Hammoudy    (Egypt)

CAI-DOH-MCT. First sector was served with a very newish A320 which, to me, offered more comfort than travelling on an A330 or even a 77W, the small a/c came equipped with PTVs, wide selection of audio and video entertainment, all you need and more for this medium haul flight. Food was better than my last EK trip last week but served in very small amounts. Transit in Doha was critically short in time, however its nowhere close to EK's T3 at DXB. The next leg was a short hop to Muscat served with a very old and torn out A320 with over head entertainment system. Bottom line I choose QR because they offer the best fare every time I fly this route and its worth every penny.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 August 2013 by K OConnor    (Singapore)

SIN-DPS-SIN. New B777 with 3-3-3 in economy vs 3-4-3 with Emirates, giving plenty of room width ways and I could quite comfortably stretch out length ways. Nice cabin interior, cabin crew responded quickly to the call button. Meal adequate for a two and a half hour flight in Y class. No news papers or magazines but the Oryx inflight entertainment would keep you from getting bored. Baggage allowance of 23kg adequate for a long weekend in Bali but Emirates and Etihad are now giving 30kg. Business class seats looked wide and comfortable compared to Etihad's which are a bit narrow. I look forward to flying on Qatar Airways again, they are now on my favourite airline list.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 August 2013 by Michael Schade    (UAE)

SIN-DPS return. SIN-DPS section delayed by an hour, no explanation or apology given. Great seats and IFE. No blankets available, food was like economy class food on chinaware. No Indonesia immigration cards, so a further delay at DPS airport. DPS was a crowded lounge, the comfortable section with sofas was for Qatar Airways crew on the flight. DPS- SIN average in terms of service and catering. Not really what I expect from a 5 star airline, especially when flying business class.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Julie Darwin    (Australia)

I would certainly fly them again. The Service was good, the seats were roomy and the food delicious. I also liked that the flight length from Perth to Doha and then to Manchester was great. It was 10.5 hrs from here to Doha then 6.30 hrs from Dhoa to Manchester. Keep up the good work.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Bazophil Im-arom    (Thailand)

BKK-DOH,QR 615, April 2nd 2013. DOH-ZUR,QR 061, April 3rd 2013. CDG-DOH,QR 016, April 15th 2013. DOH-BKK, QR 608, April 16th 2013. The crews are very polite, helpful and very welcome. They are very service-minded. The leg room and foot rest is good.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by R Nash    (Australia)

Flew first class CAI-DOH on QR503 on 8th Aug 2013. Qatar VIP lounge in CAI is a dump. VIP lounge is roofless and full of flies and A/C is pathetic. Can't really blame Qatar here, it's an Egyptian problem. 95% of Qatar staff in CAI were good. Left CAI 20 mins early at 06.00 hrs. Travelled on Airbus A321 and was disappointed to find seats did not fully recline. Stewardesses and stewards were attentive and well-trained. Food and drink on board was top class. Aircraft was clean and fairly new and everything worked. Got to DOH and had 15 hr layover in VIP lounge there, which is nothing short of outstanding. Showers, TV's, free internet, recliner beds for snoozing, massage chairs, manned security lockers, family area, business facilities. Food and drink availability in VIP lounge is exceptional, and all staff were eager to please, courteous and well-trained. This airline is punctual and truly a 5 star airline, and I will fly with them again anytime.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Gamage Champika    (UAE)

I took a flight to London on 17th July with my 3.5 year old son and wife. Travelling with kids is not easy as they constantly require something to focus their attention to, without which they can easily get irritable. We were hoping that the inflight entertainment system would provide ample entertainment to keep my son occupied. Unfortunately the entertainment system suffered technical problems throughout the journey from Doha to London and none of us were able to watch anything. Eventually it turned out to be a boring flight as well as a stressful one. What's more the pilot did not even acknowledge that there was a problem as he should have at least apologized to all the passengers with regards to this shortcoming.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Martin Fernandez    (Spain)

MAD-DOH-DXB and back. Boeing 777 in MAD-DOH sectors was nice, spacious 3-3-3 configuration and good legroom and IFE. Service and food was good but not outstanding as one expects from a 5-star airline. Boeing 787 in DOH-DXB sectors was amazing, very modern and quiet airplane, although seating would be a little bit tight for a long haul flight. The worst thing about Qatar Airways is Doha Airport, it is very uncomfortable. It was crowded, bathrooms were dirty and food options very limited. We had a very long bus ride from the terminal to the plane in the DOH- DXB flight. While boarding for the DOH-MAD flight we had to wait for half an hour for the bus to take us to the plane, standing for that time in a crowded and small room at 2am is not a 5-star experience. I won't fly with them again until the opening of the new Doha Airport.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by David Monteiro    (Switzerland)

GVA-AUH, A320. Good food but after the main meal nothing else was served which I find a bit disappointing. Flight attendants served plenty of drinks throughout the flight. My IFE froze and I asked the FA to try to reset it but she never did. Seat pitch just OK. Overall a good product compared to European carriers.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  6 August 2013 by A Boorman    (UK)

London Heathrow - Yangon via Doha return. First three flights were okay - check in staff at LHR a little rude. Economy class seating, meal options, inflight entertainment all very reasonable but I didn't see the five star airline reputation particularly. Final leg Myanmar to Doha was overbooked and I was kicked off with nosearch for volunteers (seemingly as were a lot of other single male travellers), resulting in a 13 hour layover in Doha. Placed on a 2am flight home and Doha airport was dreadful - food appalling, customer service desk rammed and understaffed, the staff who were on duty were rude and nobody actually seemed to know where my luggage was. DOH-LHR I have never been treated so rudely by airline staff (told I was in the wrong area when I accidentally went to the wrong toilet). There was a total lack of organisation with this airline.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax