Norwegian Passenger Reviews and Norwegian Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Norwegian Customer review :  28 May 2015 by Phillip Good    (USA)

DY7088, 9 May 2015, Los Angeles - Stockholm-Arlanda. DY3207, 10 May 2015, Stockholm-Arlanda - Copenhagen. DY7091, 20 May 2015, Copenhagen - Los Angeles. Norwegian Air Shuttle is a money saver. Aboard a Dreamliner coming and going between LAX and CPN. Plenty of leg room in economy but seat doesn't recline very far. Going I took the reserved seat, luggage, food package mainly because they charge for luggage separately for each stop en route. Returning on a non-stop I paid for my bag and picked up a delicious sandwich plus pastries at Anderson's Bakery. NAS food is barely edible but you get beverages that way. Otherwise the smell of coffee will drive you crazy. On return flight two of the toilets were out of service and my in-seat video kept breaking down in the middle of movies and games. Hope NAS exterior maintenance is superior to their interior.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 May 2015 by I Moir    (UK)

First time flying Norwegian airlines from Edinburgh to Malaga. First impression excellent, loads of leg room and courteous staff. Apprehensive about baggage allowance having booked a Thomas Cook flexitrip. This proved no problem as we had 20k allowance, five more than a number of other airlines. Flights were not quite on time but on the way home high winds brought us home safely on time, turbulence almost negligible. Certainly will be looking to fly Norwegian again possibly to Copenhagen.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 May 2015 by J Proctor    (UK)

Travelling from Edinburgh to Rome with a connection at Copenhagen. The first section of the flight was very stressful due to the check-in at Edinburgh. I only had hand luggage but had to queue up along with everyone who had baggage to drop off. There was a large group of men travelling with rifles and ammunition, which took up a lot of time with only two desks open but no special provision made. Edinburgh service personnel said that Norwegian Air had only paid for two desks and there was nothing to be done. Eventually someone was found to open another desk which sped it up a bit. I was in the queue for over an hour with many still behind me. The plane was delayed 30 mins due to this disorganised system. Apart from the hassle of having to wait in this long queue unnecessarily, it was very stressful as the time in between my flights was only one hour so it was a worry for the first leg of the journey. I returned from Rome with Ryanair today, arrival time happening to be at the same time as the check- in for the same flight to Copenhagen with Norwegian Air and saw exactly the same problem as Friday with long queue with mix same customers with hand luggage and those with full trolleys of baggage. There are self service machines for a number of air companies but not Norwegian Air in Edinburgh. Again the ground service staff said that Norwegian Air had not paid for that facility. Once we were on board the captain apologised for the delay saying that it was due to the inexperience of the system the new ground staff!. I have enjoyed flights with Norwegian Air from Scandinavia to Britain and Europe over the last 3 years. Had been impressed with the airline and deliberately chose them to go to Rome as an alternative to trying to go via London. However after this experience which was like stepping back many years pre Internet booking, I will avoid it until they sort out these difficulties. If Norwegain Air aren't prepared to invest in the same systems in the UK its cheapness will not compensate for the difficulty, hassle and stress of checking in. There also was no apparent way to check in on line either, though I have been told by customer services that is possible, but not always!

Norwegian Customer review :  19 May 2015 by Leueen Miller    (USA)

My daughter organized a trip to England. We were to travel Norwegian. I usually use European airlines and thought Norwegian airlines were a national Norwegian airline not a budget basic one. The outgoing trip was 6 hours late which basically lost us one day of our holiday. It was cramped, poor service, basically awful. I was shocked. On the return trip I decided to upgrade to what they call premier class. To my surprise, there was no advantage in boarding the plane, poor announcements, late announcement of gate so everyone did not know where to go. The seat was definitely better but it ended there. Plastic glasses, hostile service, awful food. I was frankly shocked. On arrival, usually business class luggage comes out first, no, not on Norwegian, my luggage was last. It was really like a bad joke. Never again. Beware of Norwegian airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 May 2015 by Javier Martinez    (UK)

Very bad experience on the flight WAW-LGW on the 7th May 2015. Very long taxiing, waiting, then aborted takeoff due to malfunction. Plane returned to stand and began being repaired with people inside. The captain giving false advice about 'few minutes', 'quite soon'. Eventually after 2h+ passengers unloaded and bussed to the terminal to wait for - theoretically - another two hours. Meanwhile the flight got canceled, people left on their own fate. Norwegian is a victim of its own success, stopped paying attention and the service worsened below acceptance, no matter how low the cost is.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 May 2015 by David Pring    (UK)

Flew to JFK from LGW on April 24. Flight was good and Dreamliner is a great plane. Staff attentive and friendly. We brought our own food and drink as food on plane expensive but looked ok. We arrived ahead of schedule and only downside was we had to wait 40 mins on tarmac for an available gate. Apart from that a pleasant experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 May 2015 by J Mountain    (UK)

4th May, flight DY 5164. Shambolic from beginning to end. Will not be using Norwegian Air again. Six hour delay at Barcelona airport. No explanation as to why and no apology. Moved to three different gates. Staff not welcoming and no evidence of training in customer care. We were charged for refreshments when I would have expected them to be free after so much inconvenience. Other airlines superior in all aspects.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 May 2015 by Russell Underdown    (UK)

Service was quite basic but good. Our family flew out to Lanzarote on 24th April 2015, our flight back was on Friday 8th May at 10.35. My father was taken ill and the cabin crew were so very helpful and put my fathers mind at rest.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 May 2015 by James Campbell    (UK)

Our flight from London Gatwick was ok and as expected for a budget flight, ok food, ok entertainment, quite a few people were not fed and not sure why they were not being fed. However we were. Then some 25 minutes out of Orlando we were notified by the Captain there was a problem with landing as the weather was bad. The flight circled for some time then diverted to Fort Lauderdale. We were told we would refuel then fly up to Orlando. After some time on the ground and 10pm at night, we were told they were going to get us accommodation overnight in Fort Lauderdale and fly us up in the morning. If this was not possible they would bus us up tonight. We found out as soon as we got off the plane this was not the case and Norwegian Air knew it. There was no one to help 250 dumped passengers at now 12 pm at night, in fact 5am in the morning passenger time 160 miles away from their destination. Passengers in their 90's with wheelchairs and infants left in a now closing terminal in the middle of the night. With no onward help and no organised accommodation possible in a fully booked, convention weekend in Fort Lauderdale. Their was one a Representative from Bamhama air trying to help giving advice. Groups of passengers were stuck in the small hours negotiating the taxi rate up to Orlando, a trip of four hours. In summery don't trust them, if things go ok, you will probably be fine, but if things go at all wrong, you will be dumped and you won't see them for dust.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 May 2015 by Dan Loughran    (UK)

I flew LGW to LAX on 29th April and LAX to LGW on 3rd May. Both flights were exactly on time and I got text updates telling me the same. I flew economy class on the way out and premium class on the way back. Firstly economy was absolutely fine for the price but beware that you will get charged for everything including headphones and blankets as with another budget airline but the great thing is that you order everything that you would want via the touch screen TV in the back of the chair in front so there is waiting around for the cabin crew to go up and down the aisle to serve you. The selection was OK and the service was excellent and fast but no cash at all is accepted only credit cards . You can pre order proper meals when you buy your ticket which we had done and the food was great you can of course bring on your own food. The fight back in Premium Class was fantastic it was better than some business class on other airlines I have flown with all the food and drink that you wanted and it was very nice. Seat was very big and the Dreamliner is a great plane. I would highly recommend either class but I was impressed with the premium cabin!

Norwegian Customer review :  29 April 2015 by Richard DeFrancesco    (USA)

A great experience. 10 hours directly from the San Francisco Bay Area to Stockholm. And on the Dreamliner. You'd be a fool to travel from the west coast to another transfer city in Europe to then get to Scandinavia. You'd add another 6 hours to your trip and it isn't worth your time or money. Fly directly with Norwegian. And great connections to other European destinations.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 April 2015 by D Warren    (UK)

Return flight from Orlando to London. Pilot was informative and advised the first couple of hours would be bumpy, then rest of the flight would be smooth. Cabin crew were a bit grumpy, also spent most of the night chatting or slamming the cupboards. Plane nice and modern, inflight entertainment a little old, but on time so can't complain!

Norwegian Customer review :  27 April 2015 by Siegrun Baulitz    (Germany)

I took the flight TFS to CGN yesterday 14.20h. The seats were unacceptable. I have pain everywhere, my husband as well. This was my third flight with Norwegian, the first one was excellent, the second one ok, but this one!

Norwegian Customer review :  25 April 2015 by E Snow    (UK)

Travelled from Turkey to Oslo and Oslo to Edinburgh. Leg room poor and seats not comfortable. The food choice was very limited. The major problem was that in Turkey when checking in we were told that the hold luggage was checked though to Edinburgh. This proved not to be so - the luggage had to be picked up and we had to check in again at Oslo - there appears to be no such thing as transfer passengers. In Turkey they said we didn't need a boarding pass for Oslo to Edinburgh - another error - this is not the service I expect. Certainly not an airline I will ever travel with again.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 April 2015 by D Warren    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Orlando. Flight left on time and arrived early. Lovely plane, entertainment was good although choice was a little old. Definitely advise to bring your own food, £25 was very steep for what they offered.

Norwegian Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Ed Thorne    (UK)

LGW to JFK return. A very good pair of flights. 787 lovely, very quiet and comfortable, impressed with entertainment and food, and both flights landed spot on time. Very good value for money-at least £100 cheaper than next cheapest option - customer service good. Also pleasing to see both flights completely full as hopefully means these will continue and perhaps they will expand into doing even more long haul flights! A very satisfied customer, cannot recommend enough!

Norwegian Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Ollie Watts    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Berlin on 5th April (DY2498) and returned on the 9th April (DY2499). The flights were very cheap, and £29.99 outbound, and £27.99 inbound. I was only carrying hand luggage. This was my second time flying with Norwegian, but the first time flying with them short haul. I had flown on their 787 Dreamliner from Gatwick to New York and return last August, of which you can find my review for on this Norwegian review page. My parents have flown Norwegian short haul from Gatwick before and were very impressed, so I was looking forward to comparing their long haul service with their short haul service. Boarded on time on the outbound journey, unfortunately the aircraft was not one of the new Sky interior fitted ones, but was clean and comfortable. Departed a little late due to heavy traffic at Gatwick as it is a single runway airport. I was very impressed with the crew, they were very welcoming and the inflight service was impressive and genuine, and they actually looked as if they enjoyed their jobs. I have had the complete opposite experience with premier airlines such as British Airways. Landed on time. Coming back to Gatwick I had a similarly good experience. The crew were again very attentive, and quick to ready some cooked food I ordered during the inflight service, which was of very good quality considering they are a low cost carrier. Again, the aircraft was not a new Sky interior fitted one, but still clean and comfortable. Overall, I was very impressed with Norwegian's short haul service, it was just as good as their long haul one. I have never been so impressed with a cabin crew's service on a short haul flight before. The only downside is the lack of in flight entertainment on short haul flights. I will certainly look to fly Norwegian whenever possible, as unlike other low cost carriers such as Easyjet who claim to be cheap, Norwegian are actually cheap with excellent fares. They fly to so many destinations from Gatwick and Europe for that matter, so I wholeheartedly recommend Norwegian if you are looking for cheap, yet quality flights.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 April 2015 by Ripken Michael    (USA)

My 13 year old daughter and I flew on Norwegian from New York to London (DY7016) on March 28 and back home from Copenhagen to New York (DY7011) on April 12 and both flights were great! Paid $201.50 per person to London and $248.70 per person to New York. Brought my own food, water and headphones. Departed on time in both cases.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Derek Wailes    (UK)

3 Apr 2015. They substituted a 20 year old Airbus at the last minute operated by hi fly. Cabin crew didn't understand a word of English, meal was dreadful, they didn't even cross check the doors. Not an experience I would close to have for a transatlantic trip. Entertainment was non existent. Cheap flights are only good value for money if you actually get what you think you are buying. So much for the Dreamliner experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Charles Pulsford    (UK)

We flew with Norwegian to Fort Lauderdale on 16th Feb and returned on 16th March to Gatwick. We had a marvellous trip both ways the in flight service was good and we are going to fly the same route again at the end of October. The new Dreamliner is definitely a great experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Bergesen Christine    (Norway)

We took the Ft. Lauderdale to Oslo plane yesterday. The flight was lovely but the food was ghastly. All too spicy chicken with barbecue sauce and sweet potatoes with soggy green beans. Almost no one nearby us ate their meal. The dessert was terrible. The crew were excellent and when I mentioned the bad quality of the dinner to the crew attendant she suggested that we send in our comments.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by G Gebauer    (USA)

I will never fly with this airline again. I recently took a trip to England and only picked Norwegian because they flew into LGW which was more convenient for me. Leaving LAX the plane was delayed. The Dreamliner seats are small, and uncomfortable. I am only 5ft 7" and my knees were touching the back of the seat in front of me. The food was disgusting and I laughed when they would only allow each passenger 1 sugar packet for their tea or coffee as they forgot to restock. They had also forgotten to put onboard the landing cards for arrival so it was a mad scramble at immigration to fill them out. The return journey was worse. I checked in and requested an emergency exit seat knowing how cramped I was on the outbound flight, which I got. My relief didn't last long though when I checked in to the gate, they informed me they had changed aircraft and there were no emergency exit seats left so they put me at a window seat. The aircraft they changed to was an Airbus 330, no seat back TV's and the sound wasn't working on the over head television. They are older and slower and to top it all off the flight left 2.5 hours late, the ticket I purchased was not much less than Air New Zealand which I have flown with a few times, a much better airline by far.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by F Buongiovanni    (Sweden)

Travelling from Edinburgh to Stockholm with a connection at Copenhagen. It was a poor experience altogether. Check-in at Edinburgh was a nightmare. We had to queue up for more than an hour even though we only had hand luggage to carry. No fast check-in was available and there were only 2 members of staff to assist a very busy flight. Both flights were delayed. The second flight (CPH-ARN) was delayed by almost 2 hours because we were waiting for the aircraft to come from Tel Aviv. Both flights were crowded, there was not enough space in the overhead lockers and since seats are pretty narrow, we could not even place our luggage underneath the seat in front of us. I will never fly with them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by T Seng    (USA)

Similar problem with another reviewer earlier, essentially short noticed cancellation of flight from LAX to LGW via text on the morning of the flight. The explanation was another flight was delayed due to weather and as part of the chain reaction, our flight was cancelled and replaced by HiFLY a full 24 hours later. I asked about reimbursement of repaid accommodation in London and nobody knew. Instead said I would have to wait until midnight when the Oslo office opens. Based on other reviews looks like this type of events occur rather frequently. buyers beware.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Mauro Leila    (Belgium)

My flight back from Los Angeles to London was cancelled and post-poned to the next day, they did offer expense reimbursement. The next day we flew with an hour and a half delay because of security maintenance, no announcement onboard, we just sat there wondering what was happening. The plane was probably from the 80s one that had no media screens, no audio of any sort, food was terrible and frankly the crew were not the nicest. I was late for my Eurostar connection in London. Turns out their website is going through some "planned maintenance work", just after this disastrous event? What a coincidence. All in all, you might save a little money but you will also waste a lot of time and have a very poor service. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by K Ojanen    (Canada)

HEL-AGP on Norwegian and although we are very active travellers, this was our first experience with Norwegian. First we found out that unlike any other airline we've experienced Norwegian didn't allow us to gate check our son's stroller. Next we were told the departure is delayed by an hour, which turned into over two hours in the end. Then we had a problem with the car rental we had booked through Norwegian, as Norwegian hadn't informed the rental company (Avis) of our flight number. Because of that we almost ended up stranded at the Malaga airport with no rental car. On the way back, we received a text message from Norwegian telling us the flight back will be delayed by over two hours. To avoid waiting at the airport, we stayed at our hotel, and arrived at the airport check-in desk about 1.5 hours later than originally scheduled to match the new departure time as we were told by the airline. Only to find out that the departure time had been changed again, now to an earlier time, and so we missed our flight! We weren't the only passengers who were left behind in Malaga because of the confusing text messages from Norwegian. The airline re-routed us home on another flight through Stockholm, and again there were delays. In the end, as we finally arrived in Helsinki again, Norwegian had lost some of our luggage. And the customer service line was completely closed on the weekend. We've learned our lesson now to never again fly Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Jon Knudson    (USA)

From Orlando Florida on March 24 to Oslo Norway. After about 3 hours in those so called better seats, it was not comfortable at all. I got up and walked many times. I knew about the meals situation and did not order anything, nor did I have a checked in bag. Anyone that did not know about ordering meals during booking does not read what is there. I got a flight from point A to point B cheap, safe, and on time. I picked up a couple of sub sandwiches before we left Orlando along with a bottle of water. I saw what fellow passengers were given for a meal, and I was glad I had my subs. I recommend Norwegian for a cheap way across the "pond". But before you go, check what connecting flights are available from Oslo. Copenhagen might be better for that.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

FCO-ARN. Line for check-in was long but moved very quickly. Once on board, service was extremely efficient and pleasant. Flight attendants were attentive, friendly and welcoming. Seats were a bit hard but comfortable, while legroom was excellent for a low-cost airline. Flight was half empty, so it definitely made the flight more comfortable. BOB Menu was extensive, I think the best LCC menu I've ever encountered. Prices were good and the quality of the meals were great. I'll have to say, it was one of the best meals I had on a plane and I absolutely have no complaints about paying for it granted I'm getting better quality food. On board WiFi was complimentary and worked great and even had a flight tracker and free TV shows. Overall, a truly excellent airline. I'll fly on Norwegian on all my flights within Europe (if possible) and I'm even willing to try out their Transatlantic service. Definitely recommended.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 April 2015 by N Francis    (UK)

LGW-SXF-LGW Booked well in advance for a very respectable fare. Good flight times out of Gatwick avoiding much of the crowds. Boarded ontime, warm welcome onboard by polite and efficient crew. Aircraft brand new and very clean. Seat and legroom all completely reasonable. The food and drink is standard and very overpriced. In and out of Schonefeld is a breeze compared to Berlin's Tegel airport. A low cost airline doing what it's supposed to do for a reasonable cost. Would happily fly with them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 April 2015 by K Kerr    (USA)

Sent my 18 yr old daughter from London to Orlando. Had to make a diverted landing to Ft Lauderdale due to weather. They sat on the plane for 1+ hours waiting to get to Orlando. Then they were ordered to deplane as they were not flying out. Originally the staff told all the passengers they were accommodating them with bus tickets or hotels for the night hoping to fly the next day. 1 hr later they recanted their offer and told them all to accommodate themselves to get to Orlando. The Norwegian staff walked out from their post and left everyone there with no directions stating no guarantee of a flight out of Ft Lauderdale the next day. My 18 yr old daughter spent the night alone in the airport with no food and no hotel accommodations. I called the airline and was met with the canned answers of we told everyone to make their own accommodations. My daughter had no credit card to get a hotel room. and it was beyond the hours of food service in the airport at this time. Unacceptable.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 April 2015 by G Richardson    (UK)

6th April 2015, Long Haul, LGW-JFK, 12A. Booked this flight when it was released six months ago and paid just £204 for the ticket, plus £40 for a suitcase, seat reservation and meals. Our departure time was 18.00, but we pushed back ten minutes early and were in the air at 18.10. Flight landed 45 minutes ahead of schedule, but took 15 minutes to reach the gate at JFK, which nobody minded. The main difference I noticed on the Boeing 787 was that it hardly felt as if I was on a flight. The windows were enormous. Changes of lighting happened gradually, which in some ways was pleasant. The entertainment system was of a very high quality. The fact that I had to bring my own headphones (you have to purchase them on Norwegian) actually made that aspect of it more satisfactory. The seat was also comfortable. I'm 6 foot 2 and didn't feel cramped. There was a hot meal, a chicken and rice dish, served after takeoff, and a cold sandwich meal before landing. That was for those who pre-ordered meals or had to because they wanted checked luggage. Terminal 1 at JFK was crowded and unpleasant, and immigration was very confusing, but it's never an easy process when entering the US. When I got through 20 minutes later my suitcase had just arrived on the belt, so it wasn't an issue. That's not really to do with the airline anyway.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 April 2015 by S Beer    (UK)

Travelling from JFK to LGW on 2 Apr 15, had a terrible trip. First, they changed the aircraft, but that was ok as we found the old Emirates plane quite comfortable in fact. Then as we arrived at 16.00 from Raleigh we found the flight was changed from 22.50 to 05.00 next day. There was not one person in the airport we could speak to, and as we had no local mobile service and Wifi was not free we struggled to contact the contact centre. Had we been able to get free phone calls, as EU rules advise, we would have cancelled and taken an evening flight with another airline. But we had to wait till 19.30 to speak to a rep- too late for a discussion about a refund. Other EU rules disregarded by Norwegian - no hotel and transport to hotel offered, though this would have been reasonable, given the huge delay. We got food vouchers for 18 dollars per person, which we had to spend by 23.00 as all catering closed then. Then we slept, or tried to sleep, in a neon lit noise filled lounge, in upright seats, as not other option except the floor. There were families with children, toddlers, old people (me included there) all stranded and ignored. The only reason I give a satisfaction score above zero is because the outward flight was reasonable, though still late off the tarmac. Wish I had heeded other reviews. We like a bargain, and were happy with the price, but this company is not offering any kind of value for money so we will not use them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Ian Leckie    (UK)

Read so many negative reviews on Norwegian service from LGW to FLL. So is their Premium 787 Dreamliner service worth the money? You bet! Dep: DY704,5 Mar 31 3015: Helpful check in. Lounge access. Priority boarding. Welcoming cabin crew. Pre-flight drinks. Departure on time. Delicious beef with potatoes served as main meal. Wine kept flowing. Armchair leather seats made me feel at home. Best blanket I've had on any airline. Larger than average individual pull-out movie screen. Great windows and cabin lighting. Spacious feel to a well-designed cabin. Larger than BA or Virgin toilet which was very clean. Auto-sensor flush and tap with hot and cold water. Good pre-landing snack with tasty ham salad and warm scone with clotted cream and jam. Cabin crew stayed attentive and friendly throughout. Immigration at FLL less than 60 mins from touchdown to taxi. Best overall journey from London home to Florida hotel I've had in years!

Norwegian Customer review :  5 April 2015 by R Jaspal    (UK)

Flight DY7016, JFK-London Gatwick. I am a frequent flyer but I have never had such a poor experience with any other airline. First, on the morning of the departure date I received a text message informing me that we would not be flying in a Norwegian Airlines aircraft, but on a HiFly Airbus. I paid to travel on a Norwegian aircraft but had to travel on a low quality aircraft. Secondly, the flight was delayed by 6 hours so I had to wait around the airport for hours. Norwegian refused to offer any compensation, and did not even allow me to speak to a manager when the customer service advisor was rude and unhelpful on the phone. I will never travel with them again. I'd rather pay a bit more.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 April 2015 by Charles Ian Fisher    (USA)

Flight was from Oslo to JFK in New York. The flight was almost five hours late in departing. The unacceptable part was that at no time was I informed that passengers need to pre-order food for the flight before they board, while they are booking the trip. As a result, while passengers sitting next to me got a full meal, there were many like myself who were told that we are not getting a meal. Three hours into the flight I was able to beg a sandwich and a drink. Norwegian did not even supply water. After sitting at a gate that had no food options available, I boarded the flight already famished, only to be told that I was not getting food. Had I been the only passenger not knowing this, I would think that perhaps I was at fault, but there were many passengers like myself, left hungry. This is completely unacceptable for a long-haul flight. Surely Norwegian could send out an email to passengers letting them know that they need to pre-order their food or go hungry.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 April 2015 by M Aimee    (UK)

Flew out LGW-FLL, 13th March and returned JFK-LGW, 24th March. Flight out was good, had prepaid for our seats and meals, got seats 34AC both ways which was a row of 2 seats, felt very roomy, the rows of 3 did look a bit cramped. Vegetarian meal was ok, snack later on in the flight was not, a very tasteless tomato and cucumber sandwich, which they also served for breakfast on the return flight. Inflight entertainment a lot better than BA or Virgin. Arrived 45 minutes early in FLL however left the airport nearly 3 hours later due to the shambles of FLL arrivals, moved from room to room joining queue after queue! However was advised by the rental car bus driver that they are building a new international terminal which will hopefully solve this issue. Flight back was also on time, crew were very noisy laughing and talking loudly throughout the flight in the galley so could not get any sleep however that may have been a downfall of seats at the back of the plane. Encountered very bad turbulence for the last 3 hours of the flight, if a dreamliner is meant to make it more comfortable I would hate to be flying through that in a 777! Overall a very good experience for the money we paid, have already recommended it to friends who have already booked their flights.

Norwegian Customer review :  31 March 2015 by G Becker    (UK)

Inbound flight DY2464, on 21/3/2015. Outbound flight DY2465, on 28/3/2015. Both my inbound and outbound flights have been delayed for more than one hour. This seems very periodic and recurring often which makes me question the efficiency of their organisation. Use this company wisely and prepare for some disruption.

Norwegian Customer review :  20 March 2015 by R Paterson    (UK)

Used Norwegian Airlines to fly from LGW to LAX. Overall satisfactory but one incident on the return flight spoiled it all a bit. The outgoing flight was around 45 minutes late departing, but did arrive to LAX on time. Food was pretty poor on this flight, undercooked risotto is not a particular favourite of mine! Sandwich snack towards the end was also a poor vegetarian option, a couple of pieces of bread with some cucumber and tomato thrown between them. Staff were pleasant enough, mainly Americans. The plane itself was comfortable with good entertainment facilities. The new design made flying through turbulence a lot more pleasant than normal. However, on the return flight we seemed to have mainly Scandinavian flight crew and I was disappointed with how they treated the older gentleman sitting next to me. His entertainment system was broken as soon as we arrived on the plane. He caught a male member of staff as we were taking off who just waved a hand dismissively at him and walked on. He caught another male member of staff who said that if he had already reported it they were probably in the process of resetting his system. Still nothing and eventually a female member came up, asked if it still wasn't working, and then disappeared to the front of the plane. The screen was never fixed, no other member of staff offered help or even an apology. There were empty seats at the front of the plane so he could have been moved. He was wearing a hearing aid and had to put this in every time he was trying to catch a member of staffs attention. It was heartbreaking seeing him rushing to do this and being ignored. I did offer him my TV as I could share with my husband but leaning over someone else isn't quite the same. The flight itself was on time and the American flight food was much better, just a shame about the crew.

Norwegian Customer review :  20 March 2015 by K Manaton    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale: first experience of 'self check in' at Gatwick. Screen was confusing but staff helpful (except the information women who was rude). Flight was late, poor announcements and updates. Boarding slow and confused. Crew seemed chaotic and had trouble finding prepaid meal customers. Call button was ignored. Dreamliner a big disappointment, felt like a single aisle aircraft, cramped, gimmicky lights, auto windows didn't work, difficult to sleep and noisy (overhead bins reflect sound downwards). A330s much nicer. Choice of films/TV limited. Touch screen rubbish. Hollywood airport a nightmare! Waited ages to disembark, on buses, only three officers for a plane of 360. Like a scene from Bladerunner to get bus to Rentacar. Return flight a little better, only slightly late. Not sure if it was really saving £50 a seat?

Norwegian Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Lloyd Stuart    (UK)

Second time I have used Norwegian for LGW-TFS round trip. Return flight tomorrow at 0700 and attempted to check in online "up to 24 hours before departure". Online check in is not available and I am getting complete rubbish from Norwegian Twitter - the only way to talk to them. LGW-TFS is fine but this is the 2nd time this has happened on the return leg. Website states that online check-in is not available for all flights but doesn't then clarify further. Norwegian - say goodbye to 2 customers who have otherwise enjoyed your service.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Ally Jane Bryant    (UK)

I flew into Oslo on Thursday 5 March for a few days in the city before a planned trip up north to Tromso to see the Northern lights which was the soul purpose of the trip. How odd it was that we were not even notified that we were flying into an air strike that had already started! Severely annoyed at the total lack of communication shown by this airline. We only found out that our flight had been cancelled up to Tromso by testing our non existing translation skills on a news report! All internal flights cancelled yet no one tells us anything on the email. Trying to call or have live chat was a complete disaster zone as we just couldn't get through. Poor show Norwegian very poor show! After 2 cancellations on our internal flights we have now booked to return to London at a cost to us as we simply couldn't get through to Norwegian to rebook though we will follow though when back in London. I am done with this airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 March 2015 by S Burton    (UK)

Due to fly to Tromso from LGW today for trip of a lifetime to see the Northern Lights. It wasn't to be. Norwegian pilots went on strike over the weekend but that was not supposed to affect non domestic flights today (Monday afternoon). We watched the Oslo flight depart and went to the gate when advertised 50 minutes before departure. As we reached the gate, something was clearly wrong. I asked if the flight was cancelled and was told that they were just looking into it. So I checked the airlines website. The flight was cancelled. People were called to get refunds for their duty free. Still no announcement that the flight was cancelled. The rest of us were asked to collect or baggage. At no time was the flight announced as cancelled. We queued to rebook but it was clear that we would miss half of our short break. Apparently the pilot due to take the plane to Tromso had not reported to work. I would have appreciated some information, clear and concise about what was happening. I had to resort to Twitter and the company's website and this simply isn't good enough. I will never recommend the airline to friends or business colleagues and on a personal level, I am bitterly disappointed not to be visiting Norway to see the aurora borealis which was a long held wish which my wife had bought for me as a Christmas present.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 March 2015 by K Turner    (UK)

I flew from LGW to FLL on the 30th January and came back on the 7th February. The flight over left on time and even got in a little early to FLL. The AV equipment did not work on the entire flight, but I know this can happen with any airline and I came prepared with shows to watch on my laptop. The staff were no doubt under stress but I found them to be very pleasant and friendly. Food was excellent, if you're wondering if you need it on the flight, I'm not sure, I probably didn't. But as I'm lactose intolerant it was nice to have a very tasty and fresh tasting meal. Definitely one of the best meals I've had flying out of the States. The outbound flight was rather noisy due to the lack of entertainment and people not reserving seats so not sitting with their party, I found it hard to rest even with my noise cancelling headphones. FLL arrivals was a nightmare - do not plan on being through in less than two hours! The flight back was excellent, entertainment was pretty limited though. I slept for over 6 hours of the flights so I really didn't mind it at all! I would fly Norwegian again, but you do have to brace yourself a little for the experience. FLL departures was not so great, not much open late at night.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 February 2015 by R Singletary    (UK)

Went LGW-CPH-KRP, with flights on time and acceptable. I was pleasantly surprised by the availability of WiFi on LGW-CPH and it really reminded me of Virgin Atlantic in the soft toned hues used in the low lights during most of the flight. I would fly them again as they seem to be as good as any other low cost carrier.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 February 2015 by G Crowley    (USA)

Yesterday, my family and I flew Norwegian from London Gatwick to New York JFK. The flight was supposed to depart at 6.10pm and actually left at 6.32 which was fine, no big deal. We knew that we are in for no service at all the entire flight since we had not booked meals. This really was not that bad because the entertainment system was the best I have ever seen. The touch screens are the most responsive in the air! Our real problem was landing at JFK. There was weather issues at JFK resulting in hundreds of delays and cancellations, so we were lucky to land. All the international gates were in use and couldn't unload the plane. This resulted in numerous trips around the airport going to gates that claimed to be open. We need up being on the tarmac for about 2 hours and 50 minutes. The really annoying thing was that the crew was just sitting in the back of the plane on their phones. The customer rights on Norwegian state that food and drinks will be provided on tarmac delays in the USA for over 2 hours. When we finally got off, we went to customs which had an extremely long line with 3 officers working. After waiting for a half hour in the customs line, we looked for the claim that ha our bags. There was not one screen with our flight information on it, so we resorted to asking passengers where they were coming from until we found our golden ticket. We retrieved 2 bags within 15 minutes, and the other we kept on waiting on. Only one baggage cart was used for the massive plane, so 30 bags would come, then wait 20 minutes. It was extremely inefficient and caused commotion after being on a plane for 11 hours, and it was 1:45 in the morning. We finally got the last bag at 1.57am. Never going on Norwegian again!

Norwegian Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Z Thie    (USA)

Really enjoyed the comfort and efficiency of the newer aircraft. The cabin crew were pointedly rude and dismissive to any passengers who had not ordered a meal service in advance and overly obsequious to those who had. We had ordered a meal service, which meant we also had complementary drinks and snacks. The other passengers, even children, were left for hours without even a drink of water. When the lovely family sitting next to us asked for water for their young, well-behaved children, they waited patiently for 45 minutes and finally the dad had to go back and pick up water himself. They had not had a drink for over 5 hours. Our flight was changed several times after booking, which made it tricky with connecting flights but Norwegian is definitely the cheapest way to fly from US to Europe, if you can handle the rudeness of the cabin staff, who we noticed being particularly harsh with all parents who were traveling with children. The check-in staff at the desk at JFK were really helpful.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Clear Brian    (USA)

I had a great flight (DY 7045) with Norwegian from LGW to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on Friday 13th February. Perhaps I chose the wrong day as the good flight experience was marred by awful ground handling at Fort Lauderdale. Firstly we had to be bussed from the aircraft to another terminal with no priority for Premium Class passengers, rather treated like cattle and pushed on to the bus. No cattle would have been better treated! Usual chaos at US immigration with no control of passengers although I cannot blame Norwegian for that. Worst experience was waiting 2 hours after arrival for the luggage to appear with no explanation, no apolgy and no Norwegian ground staff present to offer any indication of when the luggage would be delivered. Again no priority in the luggage delivery for Premium Class passengers, just an intermittent free for all delivery. A great flight was ruined by terrible ground handling.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Cattell Laura    (USA)

I have just completed my second round trip - FLL-LGW and it was seamless as was the first trip. On this occasion I did pay for an upgrade on the return leg as the economy seats were a bit snug for a long trip .One thing I would like to critique is the food. It isn't just bad it's actually diabolical. I don't know how they can even serve it. Other than that it's a very good service and caters for my needs perfectly.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Rita Hing    (USA)

Flew from New York to Stockholm and both flights were severely delayed. On our return flight from Stockholm our flight was delayed by over 5 hours. When we finally boarded the plane we were not allowed to even have a drink of water unless we purchased a meal plan ahead of time or ordered drinks through their snack bar. After 8 hours waiting for a delayed flight and then another 8 hours on a flight this was the worst international flight of my life. The only upside is the Dreamliner - was very comfortable and the inflight shows and movies were excellent, however that does not make up for severe delays going and coming and not even offering patrons water on the flight.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 February 2015 by F Brandhorst    (UK)

Great flights to and from Berlin. Very friendly staff efficient boarding. Tip for Berlin departure - go upstairs to cafe near gates 7. Better choice than ground floor.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 February 2015 by M Crowley    (Ireland)

I flew from LAX to Gatwick on the 26th Jan, everything went according to plan! I could not recommend Norwegian Air highly enough as I thought the service was superb. Staff were friendly and efficient. Very smooth flight. In- flight, entertainment was good. I had taken a similar length flight from Melbourne to Honolulu with Jetstar a few days prior, that experience was the polar opposite of Norwegian. Highly recommend Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 February 2015 by G Graham    (UK)

We have used Norwegian a few times and have found them to be one of the best 'Budget Airlines', very reasonable prices and new planes, we traveled on a Boeing 737-800 from Gatwick to Madeira very spacious and comfortable indeed. Crew are very pleasant and helpful, the temperature in the cabin for me was a little warm, but you cant please everyone all of the time!

Norwegian Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Gregory Burton    (UK)

Straight to the point - Useless airline. Why? No seat reservation possible online, bus-like airport staff and cabin crew, like what you would see on a bus journey. Awful on board customer service. A Norwegian version of Ryanair. Someone please tell me what is good about Norwegian air, specifically customer service? Before this flight, I travelled to Qatar and Osaka with Qatar Airways, a proper, professional airline with excellent quality customer service. My flight was 0600 from London Gatwick to Tenerife, Saturday 31 January.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Andersson John    (Sweden)

I fly Norwegian frequently within Europe and they have one of the best low-fare products on the market. New and fresh aircraft's, wifi onboard, and good punctuality. Now first time on their long-haul product. Stockholm-Bangkok in both directions. Great comfort onboard the Dreamliner. Have flown with Qatar Dreamliner before, but Norwegian offers more comfort, better seats, better inflight entertainment! Actually - their inflight entertainment system might be the best onboard any airline! And the "snackbar" which you order from directly from the smartscreen in front of you - with good assortment and quick service! The pre-booked food is tasty and better than you qould expect from a low-cost carrier as Norwegian. Overall impression is; modern, hitec, good service, good comfort and actually no reason at all to choose flag carriers as Thai, Lufthansa, SAS etc. Not to mention all poor-quality US carriers. Can highly recommend Norwegian!

Norwegian Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Cowing Lesley    (UK)

I have used Norwegian flights from Gatwick to Alicante and back on several occasions over the last year and have been pleased with the whole experience. The flights have been on time are a very good price, they board you from both ends of the plane and as the turn round is so quick they do not clean the plane but for an inexpensive way of getting to Spain and back I have been very satisfied and the WIFI is great certainly helped to pass the time.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 January 2015 by S Tupper    (UK)

I flew Norwegian from Gatwick to LAX Jan 18th 2015. It was the best economy flight to LAX that I have had. I was in seat 8J and had sufficient leg room to be comfortable. Entry on and off the plane was very fast, I was out of LAX within 35 mins of landing. Whilst needing to remember that this is a low cost airline, I had paid for meals, etc. I had even ticked the box for diabetic meal. This they provided, but the second meal was half a dozen grapes, two segments of Apple and some cold and thin salad sandwiches. Not appetising. But apart from that, great flight and I look forward to the return in 5 weeks (as much as you ever can look forward to the end of a holiday).

Norwegian Customer review :  21 January 2015 by J Rakhshani    (USA)

We recently flew Norwegian round-trip from LAX to CPH. I give them a thumbs up. First of all, the price is substantially lower than other carriers. Ticket agents and flight attendants were professional and friendly. It, as of now, is the only non-stop from LA to Scandinavia. People who are quibbling about the add-on prices for baggage, food, etc. need to consider that this is an improved feature for all travelers. We used to all have to pay for two pieces of luggage, free food and alcohol whether we wanted it or not. Now, starving college students and budget-minded travelers have a choice and can go to Europe. They can buy a sandwich and bottle of water in the terminal and fly non-stop to Copenhagen for a little over $500 round-trip. That is the fare that two of my relatives obtained, who are flying tonight to Copenhagen. That is an amazing fare! If you want food and alcohol and blankets and earphones, you have a choice! Choice is good for everyone. By the way, nothing is free. You either pay for it with a higher overall fare or you pay for it piecemeal. The in-flight entertainment available in each setback was great and that was free!

Norwegian Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Linde    (USA)

Terribly trained airport staff. Chaos in boarding. Poor communications regarding carry on bags that are taken at the gate. Approved USA carry-on sized bags question and challenged, even though they do fit easily in overhead. Flight attendant in rear of cabin rude. Had to board at night in dark up stairs off the Tarmac with no assistance. Felt unsafe.No one asked for Passports with boarding pass at security or boarding plane.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Jude Morton    (UK)

We flew LGW to LAX return in December. The flights were on time, and we enjoyed the Dreamliner experience. Pre- ordered food was perfectly adequate. Staff were pleasant and efficient. This is a no-frills airline, but we saved £300 each on our tickets. We would definitely fly with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Tesfa    (UK)

I took an early morning flight (6.30am) to Stockholm Arlanda airport with my 4 month old son. Yes the flight was cheap but it was cheap for a reason. When we arrived at the airport, they made us unpack one bag because it was too heavy, it seemed like everyone's bags were too heavy because quite a few people including us had to buy excess baggage. It just went downhill after that to be honest. They don't make special provisions for mothers and children. Make you queue for an hour to board the plane then they are completely indifferent to the fact that maybe a mother might need help with her handbag and baby paraphernalia. What infuriated me the most was that the stewardess saw me struggle with my bag and baby but she thought it was a good time to show me how to use the baby seatbelt. Even at the airport, when they placed my pram with the heavy baggage, no one made me aware. I was fraught and teary eyed time I got to my relatives place. With the help of two good Samaritans I was able to collect my baggage and pram. Again the airport staff at the Arlanda were cold and indifferent. Overall it was the worst experience of my life. Never again will I fly with Norwegian Airlines. I do not recommend that first time mothers fly with them. I repeat they do not have any specific rules when it come to people with children unlike British Airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 January 2015 by P Moss    (UK)

Travelled back via Norwegian Air from Miami, 22/12. This was the return following Med and Carib cruise. No drink provided no food provided, after 3 Hr wait used Snack bar service all sold out, complained to cabin staff who explained this is the homeward trip nothing left? To say service was poor is an understatement.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Berlin-Tenerife South. Flight on time, new-looking but very dirty B737-800 - rubbish left everywhere, seatbelts not folded, some old papers and cups on the floor, seat pockets etc. Full flight, so no food left for purchase after few first rows, just a drinks and some expensive sweets, even though flight was almost 5 hours. Crew was simply doing their job, but no smiles, no interaction with passengers. Free WIFI, which is amazing, kept me busy for duration of the journey, otherwise - typical low cost, with not much expectations.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 January 2015 by H Kevin    (USA)

Flew Norwegian from ORY to LAX via CPH on 1/3/15. Both the 737-800 from ORY to CPH and the 787-8 from CPH to LAX were clean and comfortable. Both flights were packed but service were efficient if unremarkable. The check-in line at ORY was very long and slow with only 3 agents but since we got to the airport early enough it was not a problem and there were no drama regarding making the flight. The LAX leg left CPH a bit late but made up the time and landed a bit early. 1st time flying 787 and were impressed with the plane. The large window and lower altitude cabin seems to help my daughter with her typical nausea during flights. Best of all is the cost as Norwegian was significantly lower than any other carriers. Will definitely fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Politis    (UK)

Flew LGW-CPH, September 12th 2014 and return flight 14th September 2014. Flights were on time on both occasions, clean with friendly and efficient cabin crew. Planes were very modern 737, very clean and with a nice atmospheric lighting. Highly recommended.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Harper    (UK)

My daughter and I travelled to Fort Lauderdale with you on the 22nd December. The flights cost £1506! I was very disappointed with the flight, in view of the cost. I have flown to the Far East many times and expected the same standard of food, service etc. I am in my late 70's and feel the cold. I had to purchase a blanket. On Far East flights, which are cheaper than Norwegian, you also receive a pillow. During long haul flights on the Far East airline stewardess's walk up and down handing out soft drinks for those that cannot sleep. The food left much to be desired. - two tiny sandwiches for breakfast 3" x 1" and the evening meal was no better with cold pasta added?

Norwegian Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Agneta Olsson    (Sweden)

Flew with Norwegian yesterday CPH-ALS with stop over in Oslo. The first plane was delayed 1 hour, meaning I had 10 min to catch connecting flight before departure. However, I needed to transfer the luggage myself and make an additional check-in, this being Norwegian law. I asked at check in if I could get some help through the fast lane security clearance or any assistance since I would be stuck in Oslo otherwise. They offered me the chance to buy it even though it was their flight that caused the delay in the first place. Fortunately, ALS flight was also delayed one hour in the end so I managed to get on. In addition, they have started with the same concept as Ryanair, you will have to fit your duty-free purchase in the hand luggage, otherwise you have to pay.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 January 2015 by N Harvey    (UK)

It was our first time flying with Norwegian and after reading some of the comments I was quite anxious. I was flying with my little boy and was worried more about his comfort on this long flight. On arrival at Gatwick airport we checked in promptly, most of the staff were nice enough. The flight arrived on time and we were allowed to board. The plane was very modern and clean, and the entertainment provided was excellent. With so many films, games, music and activities available free of charge, I didn't need to have packed onboard activities for my son. Food service was prompt and was to a good standard, as plane food goes it better then any other airline I have used. The flight was smooth and we were kept fully updated and arrived at out destination on time. The only thing I would say is to purchase snacks at the airport at the selection of food and drink from the snack bar isn't great, also I didn't like the fact you can only make purchases using a debit/credit card!

Norwegian Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Maier Andreas    (Germany)

High fares, low service and reliability! Flight from Munich to Las Palmas (one-way ticket was app. EUR 500). Started with a delay of nearly 2 hours. No information nor apologies. The small choice of food or beverages onboard had to be paid. Even the water, despite the delay. Seats not very comfortable, service from cabin crew below standard, even for low-cost carriers. Free WiFi onboard. Summary - No choice, never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  5 January 2015 by P Gardiner    (UK)

Norwegian just lost another 3 customers. We were pleased when they launched their London Gatwick to Rome service as we go to Rome quite frequently. Christmas 2013 they were superb. Amidst considerable chaos at Gatwick they left pretty much on time and got us there fine. However since then they managed to give my wife a 6 hour delay (Rome to London Gatwick) at Easter 2014, turning a late night flight into an early morning flight. Last night - Dec 28th 2014 - my daughter and I were on the 21.55 from Rome to Gatwick which suffered a 4 hour delay and I finally got to bed at 6.30am. They were also an hour late on the outbound flight. My advice would be to avoid. The late evening slot they have at Rome means a delay does turn into a real inconvenience particularly if you are supposed to go to work next day. Communication from their customer service staff almost non existent. Got the feeling they were scared of us and that these delays were pretty common. Also, nothing to do with Norwegian, but Rome Fiumicino airport is pretty awful for being stuck at late at night. Everything shut, no food or drink and horrible metal chairs with fixed metal armrests so you can't lay out on even though there was plenty of space. People started laying on the floor. Anyway on 6 flights we have had a 1 hour, a 4 hour, and a 6 hour delay so I'm not interested any more, fortunately London to Rome I have many options.

Norwegian Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Gordon Underwood    (UK)

I have flown Norwegian both to/from the Canary Islands and America. I have not been disappointed on either trip. The staff have been friendly, the interior clean/modern. The only down was expensive food/drink - but where else can you get it at 40000 feet! Much prefer this airline over the likes of Thomson, Ryanair, Easyjet etc.

Norwegian Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Ouellette Wilkinson    (USA)

As an American who has flown Norwegian from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen and from Budapest to Copenhagen I can say the no frills carrier is clean, comfortable and safe. Norwegian offers a sane alternative to the overpriced U.S. carriers flying to Europe. Delta, American, et. al. have failed to pass on fuel savings, reduce fares or do anything to help U.S. flying consumers.

Norwegian Customer review :  31 December 2014 by S Mjor Grimsrud    (Norway)

I have travelled more than 50 times between OSL-KBP, OSL-WAW and sometimes to Berlin and Edinburgh with Norwegian. It is one of the best airlines in Europe, and certainly the best low-cost carrier. I have always met friendly crew, Norwegian has more flights in time than most other airlines (read the statistics), very cheap tickets, new planes, smooth check-in, reminder on SMS, I don't care if the sandwiches on board is not the best there is and that it cost extra money .More important is that I last year have problems with a knee and every time I got very good assistance both in OSL and KBP.

Norwegian Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Elizabeth Grayton    (UK)

I have flown Norwegian twice, one LGW to Stockholm and the other time, LGW to LAX. The fleet is new and I particularly enjoyed the 787 Dreamliner I flew LGW to LAX on. No its not Emirates or Virgin, but it doesn't purport to be. They are trying to make the cost of flying cheaper. I saved £300 per ticket on the LGW /LAX return fare and there were four of us travelling - so a great saving! Yes, the food service isn't free and neither are the blankets or the bags, but this is outweighed by the price, the aircraft quality and the friendly staff. We will definitely fly with them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 December 2014 by A Stewart    (USA)

Norwegian charges you for everything. Want to check a bag? Charge. Want something to eat on an international flight? Charge. Want to reserve a seat? Charge. But in the end, it was still cheaper than any other airline. We flew on one of the new Dreamliners, from Barcelona to Oakland. Most comfortable international flight I've taken. I'm thin, and I inevitably leave the plane with sore hipbones and tailbone. This was the first time ever that I left the flight pain-free. Nice seats, great to have wifi on the flight, good entertainment in a very wide range of recent movies. The food was decent, nothing to write home about. I had a good, long nap in their comfy seats, got some work done and answered emails on my laptop, and watched a movie with my husband. Left the plane feeling refreshed.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 December 2014 by K Osafo    (East Timor)

My flight with Norwegian from Oslo to Bangkok on December 10 was a pleasant surprise. I had flown the QR Dreamliners from SIN to DOH and DOH to OSL so I was waiting to be disappointed. Norwegian's version of the Dreamliner is a dream to fly. The seating and legroom felt more spacious and the inflight entertainment system was one of the most responsive I have experienced. The choice of movies and other entertainment was more than enough for our 11 hour + journey. Remember this is a budget airline but at least they provided good Norwegian water during the whole flight. No WiFi on board this flight though and that will have been awesome. Very impressive "low cost" airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Hammond    (UK)

My family and I were held up in traffic on the M25 but arrived at Gatwick just in time to clear security and board the flight. Norwegian did not provide any assistance in clearing security and did not inform the gate that a party of 5 people had been issued with boarding cards and were expected to join the flight. Norwegian did not arrange for any tannoy announcements that may have allowed us to clear security quickly. When we arrived at the gate it was closed and we had to wait for an hour in the departure area before being allowed to leave. Norwegian then stated that the cheapest alternative flight to our destination was about 700 GBP and that this offer would only be available for a short time. On refusing the offer and returning home, I managed to book an alternative flight for 450GBP. Staff service has thus been rated as very poor.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Erti Juza    (Finland)

HEL-ARN-HEL went just fine. B737-800 was brand new with very good legroom and free wifi. Staff was also very nice indeed! Prices are far lower than Finnair and staff is much nicer. Norwegian offers unlimited free wifi during the flight but Finnair only has it on some planes and they charge a rip-off price of $23 for 20 megabytes. Tip: If travelling between Finland and Sweden, use Norwegian and avoid Finnair at all costs!

Norwegian Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Winger    (USA)

One-way CPH-FLL flight on Norwegian. It was by far the worst experience I have had onboard any aircraft. The aircraft flown was not a Dreamliner as I was lead to believe - it was an unmarked charter HiFly plane with an absolute minimum level of comfort. I had paid for a Premium seat, which I had flown and enjoyed on previous Norwegian flights - but as the aircraft was substituted only a few premium seats were available and primarily occupied by Norwegian employees with their badges showing. The rest of us, including those who were supposed to be seated in Premium, were forced to sit in sub-par coach seats. It's not as much being denied the expected level of comfort but the behavior of an airline that downgrades its paying customers with no notice and no options, while comfortably taking care of its employees on an 11 hour transatlantic flight. The only bright spot was the onboard Service Director, who was very kind and actually told me how sorry he was for what even he agreed was a horrible experience for customers on-board.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R West    (UK)

Had 3 flights to/from Gatwick - to/from Faro, Larnaca, Lanzarote over the past 3 months. The Faro flight was very uncomfortable as it was so hot and stuffy - and you cant escape it, but after talking to a helpful person in Norway, I was assured the other 2 flights would be properly air conditioned, which they were. Always prefer airlines where you can adjust seats, and that was the case re Lanzarote. The short films would be better if we had headphones and could listen too, (or simply listen to music). The free wifi just about allows for emails to be received or sent, but you need a well charged device to take full advantage of wifi (or provide a charging point). Slightly confusing in regards to 'flight mode' regulations, as clearly it only works if your device is not in flight mode! This is the one airline however where the food and drink options are too limited, and lack 'healthy' choices, or good veg options - (Easyjet are best for food/drink). Unlike any of the other airlines we have to remember to bring own snacks etc. Finally, no hassle with hand baggage, which used to be a pre-flight concern with extra stress when flying with Ryanair or Thomas Cook. Easyjet has the best and clearest policy here, 'if it fits it is free'!. One tip for all airlines - boarding should start with those seated at the back so front passengers do not hold up others when storing hand luggage. Ratings apply to last flight.

Norwegian Customer review :  10 December 2014 by D Dorff    (USA)

Flew Norwegian from LAX to London and back on new Boeing 787. Staff was great, airplane was great, food was what was to be expected from a budget airline. Both flights left on time and arrived either early or on-time.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 December 2014 by D J Thomas    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Tenerife return last week and could not fault anything. Very professional staff, very smartly dressed, and the 737 we flew in was new, comfortable and the whole experience was enjoyable. I am not a confident flyer but felt much more relaxed than usual.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Christopher McMahon    (USA)

OSL-BOO-OSL in June 2014. Decent trip on brand new B737. Flights both on time and very easy. Traveled with a 6.5kg dog with no problem in the cabin. There were only 25 pax on the outbound and 40 on return. Absolutely no refreshments of any kind are complimentary. Everything is additional. However good wifi is free. Seats are comfortable and Norwegian is very good for a 90 min. flight.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 December 2014 by C Taylor    (UK)

London Gatwick - LAX, 5th November, LAX to London Gatwick 19th November. D7095 and D7096. I had a great trip with Norwegian, their staff are friendly and attentive. It was my first time flying alone and they made me feel incredibly comfortable. The food and drinks are served promptly. The inflight entertainment is large and varied. The new Dreamliner 747 features lighting and air pressure control to help avoid strong jet lag. I would highly recommend.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Bernard Snell    (UK)

Trip to New York on the new Norwegian Dreamliner - a fabulous journey. Spacious and comfortable. The staff were courteous and nothing was to much trouble. I would certainly recommend. The food was good and tasty.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Pyle    (USA)

I flew from Rome (FCO) to Stockholm to Oakland (OAK) on 21 Nov, 2014. I was amazed at the price, $493 one way including 1 checked bag, 1 meal and 2 seat assignments. The next least expensive one way fare was another $450 and one extra stop! Do your homework, read the Norwegian.com website to know their policies especially when it comes to checked baggage (20 kilos) and carry on (1 carry-on and 1 small personal bag). I decided to purchase my meal from Norwegian and I'm glad I did. In Stockholm you must clear customs and enter into a gate area specially for flights that are U.S. bound. One inside, there is another processing before actually boarding. I thought two hours would be plenty to grab a beer and do a little shopping but after two lengthy line's it wasn't. Once you cross over to the international side there are no places to eat or drink! The first meal was surprisingly tasty, I had a choice of Chicken or beef, I chose the chicken. It came with two hot sides and a dessert. One drink was included, I chose wine and a glass of water. Just before landing we were offered a sandwich and one cold side with coffee, tea or water. The movies were all included in the price of the ticket. Do your homework and find out which seats have extra legroom, on a 10 hour flight this will make a difference! I was in a bulkhead aisle, row 7, the only problem with this seat were careless passengers passing into the galley and stepping on my feet. The seat was comfortable enough, definitely bring your own pillow and blanket or just purchase one from Norwegian for $20. I thought the price of drinks, spirits, beer and snacks was expensive but I did like the option of ordering through my TV screen and having it delivered. I also liked the inflight map showing our route. I would definitely fly with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 November 2014 by S Westcott    (UK)

I flew from London Gatwick and was looking forward to my 1st time flying with Norwegian. The plane was comfortable and clean and I had pre ordered meals and was served not long after takeoff - not massively impressed with the meal but ok as far as plane food goes. It was a whole 8hrs before we were given anything else to eat and was very disappointed with my very small sandwich, muffin and apple juice. There was no information of what other snacks were available as the order service on the TV screen was not working. I would recommend anyone flying with them to bring their own food.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 November 2014 by O Jordan    (UK)

DY7095/6 LGW-LAX-LGW, November 2014, very nice flight on the Dreamliner. Took off and arrived early on both flights. The Crew were friendly and the onboard entertainment was good enough. Had heard horror stories about both the Dreamliner and Norwegian but I had a great flight both ways and would fly with them again to the States. It does take them around 3 hours before they serve food to passengers who haven't paid for a hot meal. All in all value for money.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 November 2014 by S Mahoney    (Denmark)

CPH-RAK-CPH on time and overall comfy product. Really enjoy the WIFI option and the overhead mute / subtitled entertainment. Never had an issue with this - in my opinion the best airline product in Northern Europe.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 November 2014 by P Drozda    (UK)

Norwegian are on to a good thing with their new Dreamliner long haul, low cost route to Los Angeles from Gatwick. Plane, cabin staff and entertainment are all great! The only things that spoilt it were the window "tint" system (as opposed to the old blinds) is meant to allow Dreamliner passengers the freedom to adjust them to how they want, yet the cabin crew must have overridden the system and we had the blinds on dim for all of our day flight?!? I would have preferred them not to do this, please. Also, the prepaid meals could be a little more generous, as the quality was good. I would fly them again if they listen to these minor things.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Patricia Turner    (UK)

I took a return flight to Ft Lauderdale returning Saturday 1st November. After reading some negative reviews I was anxious at taking this flight but I was very pleasantly surprised. The flight was on time both ways, the new Dreamliner was amazing, the entertainment very good. The only negatives were the sandwiches that came with the food package as they were inedible and one or two of the flight attendants may wish to review their career choice. I would most definitely use Norwegian again and would not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Hermanus Schaap    (USA)

We traveled from Oakland California to Amsterdam, September 26 2014 and back October 15 2014 on Norwegian. My wife had an accident during our stay in Holland and could not walk. The help and service we got from the airline was incredible. They were there to help my wife and organized wheelchair service. The flight attendants were friendly and courteous. All in all a great experience and we will fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 November 2014 by K Nong    (USA)

My trip to Europe in October with Norwegian was the worst I have ever encountered. I understand the cost saving, and it is cheaper than many other airlines, but doesn't mean that it is ok to ignore customers that didn't order food/drink from the menu. My flights were about ten hours long, and if I hadn't got up and walked back to the galley for water I would be thirsty the whole time. Since I am picky with food I didn't order a meal but I would never thought that it meant I will be ignored. A smile and an offer with a cup of water won't cost you much and I think that service is the least you could provide. Unless this attitude towards service changes, I wouldn't go back with Norwegian no matter how cheap the ticket are.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 November 2014 by M Ebke    (Denmark)

CPH-OSL-OAK. On the way back our flight was delayed. We were told by the ground crew that they were waiting for a fax from Oslo for an authorization to fly. After waiting around 1 hour at the boarding gate the flight was cancelled and moved to the next morning at 7AM. We were given accommodation and dinner at nearby hotels. At sometime around 5AM, was called and told me that there is further delay to the schedule and it will now be in the afternoon. So all in all the delay is over 20 hours. On the flight the pilot said that the plane had undergone maintenance and the sign off was forgotten thus they were not authorized to fly.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 November 2014 by P Rafferty    (UK)

Return flight - 20/10/14 FLL - Gatwick check in T3 security a breeze, officers pleasant and friendly. Two places to eat, pizza place, which was closed at 7.30 pm and a bar selling sandwiches and drinks etc, stocked up on drinks here, very pricey. Tiny duty free stall. Boarding on time. Staff very polite, friendly and helpful. Flight deck dimmed once in the air had a little nap then food, same as flight going out. Had a good sleep, cabin temperature not too cold. Woken for breakfast box (pre paid) turkey sandwich, oat bar, juice and coffee or tea, very nice. Flight landed on time at Gatwick. All in all loved my Dreamliner experience with Norwegian, and would have no hesitation booking with them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Smith    (USA)

Awful customer service. Was supposed to leave from JFK to Copenhagen tonight at 11.30 pm. Got an email this morning at 8am that flight changed to leave at 4.45 am instead. Ridiculous! Tried to cancel our flight, wouldn't let us. Best they did was get us out for tomorrow. What should be a 7 hour direct flight has turned into a 12 hour trip with a three hour layover in Oslo. I did not sign up and pay for that at all but worst is that the customer service was appalling.

Norwegian Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Lue Peter    (USA)

Flew from JFK to CPH on Oct 19 and returned 2wks later on Norwegian. Price good (just under $700 which included food and reserved seat ). Read reviews after booking and found some very bad reviews from unhappy travellers so I kept my fingers crossed and hoped for the best and happily it good. New planes and state of the art entertainment system and very nice lighting. I will fly with Norwegian anytime.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Giorgi    (UK)

Flight from Gatwick to Barcelona delayed by more than 5 hours. Nobody from Norwegian at Gatwick airport to explain what was happening and give travellers updates. Tried calling customer support, nobody could help. Terrible experience overall. First and last time travelling with them. Definitely not recommending them at all whatsoever.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Willoughby    (UK)

London Gatwick to Kos on a Norwegian flight chartered by TUI (First Choice). The check-in was very quick despite not being allowed to provide API. The aircraft was a B737-800. The seats were very close together, giving very poor legroom and the seat cushions were like blocks of wood, so we spent the whole 4hour flight sitting on the equivalent to a wooden bench. Wouldn't use them again if you paid me.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Foss    (Norway)

Flew return from Oslo to Fort Lauderdale in Premium Cabin in October 2014. Both flights departed spot on time. Comfort onboard was very good considering a ticket price much less than a normal business class. Seats and service is more basic than many business class, but in many ways more relaxing without the normal fuss there. The quietness and air quality on the brand new 787 made the trip remarkable less tiresome than normal.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Rafferty    (UK)

Gatwick-Fort Lauderdale Fri 10/10/14. Quick and easy check in. Flight left about 30 mins late, don't think that was Norwegians fault. The Dreamliner was clean and comfortable. Flight attendants a bit moody, looked like they didn't want to be there. Got water and pre paid meal, choice of chicken or beef, with a choice of tea or coffee, and a small dessert. Inflight entertainment was good, with new movies and good selection of tv shows. Liked the touch screen controls, and 3D flight tracker. Windows larger and control dimmer was great, also liked the changing mood lighting in the cabin. Didn't sleep, will be attempting that on my journey home. Later had a small food box, which contained cheese sandwich, small chocolate muffin and a carton of apple juice, (included for pre-paid price). I recommend you buy your own blanket and pillow pre flight (fleece with blow up pillow in a zip up travel bag) as I did, as the plane is kept at a cold temperature. Fort Lauderdale airport is the worst I've ever been to. Had to wait 20 mins for the bus then kept on the bus for 30 mins before being allowed inside the terminal building. We then queued in one line for I don't know how long only for the badly organised staff started bringing people from the back of the line to the front, for no apparent reason, shifting barriers from side to side - many people not liking this, getting irate and could have caused a riot. Getting past this hall only to wait in line in another hall, luggage was waiting (had been taken off carousel). Then to wait in line again for customs. 4hrs after landing I left the airport from hell! Not good by this time I had been awake for 24 hrs. And all because an airport could not cope with 2 flights landing in close proximity. Will never use this airport again (apart from my return flight).

Norwegian Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Rees Mike    (UK)

First time flyers with Norwegian from London to LAX return and both my daughter and myself were very impressed with the whole deal. Clean modern aircraft, excellent choice of entertainment, bigger than normal seats in economy but I wonder why there are poor reviews about lack of food as this is clearly noted on the online booking system, which a fellow passenger had obviously NOT noticed and ended up causing an unnecessary delay in everybody else getting their pre-ordered food, which was very good again. Would fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Helen Devries    (Costa Rica)

One way, Barcelona to Gatwick. The seats are comfortable, the crew pleasant but someone needs to tell them that it is unpleasant to line up passengers twenty minutes before boarding, and walk up and down the line while barking orders about having your passport open at the photo page.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 October 2014 by A Ankelstam    (Sweden)

ARN-LGW-ARN Oct 04-06 on a almost new B737-800. Very smooth boarding and flight, took off and landed according to time schedule. Being a low-fare airline getting there on time and in a safe way is priority no 1! Flying within Europe with Norwegian is a dream, however I would think twice before going long-haul due to technical problems with B787. Remember that low-fare airlines charge extra for (almost) everything - it's part of the concept!

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Birch Sue    (UK)

Return trip, Gatwick - JFK 23/09/14 - 27/09/14. Great service on both trips. The flights were on time - on the homeward trip we were told at check that there would be up to an hours delay, but the delay was minimal and we landed pretty much on time in Gatwick. The aircraft were modern, clean, good inflight entertainment and service, pre ordered meals were fine. We had never flown Norwegian before and were not sure what to expect as, at the price, they seemed too good to be true, but we were happy with the whole experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Guerrero Francisco    (USA)

As a world traveler, I have to say that flying Norwegian was among the worst flying experiences i've had. I traveled internationally from JFK to Sweden via Oslo and back on a direct flight from Sweden. The outbound flight was delayed almost an hour which I can live with. The boarding process was handled smoothly and expeditiously - the plane was nice and state of the art, e.g. nice PTV monitors, LED lighting, and relatively comfy seats for coach. They didn't seem to belong to a low budget airline in the least. Upon boarding I summoned a flight attendant to request a blanket. I was directed to request it via my monitor by selecting the "snack bar" option. At first I figured that to be pretty cool, and different, until I realized that the reasoning behind the whole "snack bar" concept was to pay $5 for my blanket. Definitely a first for me on an international flight. Subsequently they made an announcement about food being served. I dozed off for 10 minutes while they were serving food. As I awoke I realized most the passengers had been served except myself and the person traveling with me who had also dropped off. I proceeded to summon the flight attendant and asked to be served food, to which she responded, "I'm sorry but the snack bar is now closed, you'll have to wait until we clean up to pre-order your food" and walked off. I proceeded to summon a second male flight attendant and exclaimed that we were hungry at that very moment, if it was possible for someone to please bring something for us. He immediately responded that there were only 7 flight attendants working the flight and that it would take a while before they cleaned up. Upon going to the snack bar via my TV monitor to pre-order my meal I was outraged. Not only could I not eat when I wanted to, but I also had to pay for my meal, on a 6.5 hr international flight (chicken sandwich $10, cheese sandwich $10, water $4, salad $11, snack box $10, tapas $13 - all separate and individually charged). By this point I didn't think things could get worse, but the worst was yet to come. Upon my complaining about the poor service I was told by my ever so friendly male flight attendant that A) This is all stated on their website and that I should've looked. (Unfortunately for me someone else purchased my ticket so I was unable to learn of this, and I didn't think to look because I didn't know this was even possible on an international flight out of the US). B) That there were several places I could've eaten at the terminal before boarding. C) That Norwegian is a low budget airline and that they have to "make money somehow" (never mind the amount of money paid for my ticket which I figured should've included some level of professionalism and courteous service) and D) That I have the option of choosing a different airline to fly with in the future! (Don't have to tell me twice). I guess low budget also means bad treatment and sarcastic, unprofessional, and tactless flight attendants. On our way back the aircraft was dirty and poorly maintained. The inflight entertainment was nothing like on the outbound flight, no movie selections, very small and old monitors. In conclusion, no one should spend their hard earned money on flying this way below average airline. Save yourself the headache and the frustration. Spend a few extra dollars on a worthwhile airline that treats people respectfully, feeds their passengers accordingly and doesn't charge their passengers exorbitant and outrageous fees for food and poor service. On the other hand if for whatever reason you must fly Norwegian make sure you pack blankets, pillows, bring your own food and aren't hungry when taking a long flight with them. And don't ask for anything of the flight attendants, otherwise you're going to get a sarcastic and rude response, for the most part. Sadly this airline is a misrepresentation of Norwegian culture.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by T Kristensen    (USA)

After reading other reviews I was apprehensive about my trip Los Angeles Copenhagen r/t. My flight was set to depart Thursday Sept 18th at night. The Wednesday before I received information via text that my flight was delayed until Friday Sept 19. Norwegian kept informing me in a timely manner and even though my arrival in Denmark was delayed I still thought the airline did a good job in keeping me up to date regarding departure time. I was given a $25 meal voucher at LAX upon check-in and was able to use it at airport. The flight itself was very pleasant. The Dreamliner is a great aircraft and had a great selection of in flight entertainment. I did not pre- order meals, nor pre-select a seat and I was given an aisle seat at check-in. The crew on board were wonderful and very attentive and professional. My return flight September 27 from Copenhagen went without a hitch. On time, friendly customer service at the airport and on board the flight. Would definitely fly Norwegian again. You can't beat the price! Even with the outbound delay, I would recommend this airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Jorge Triana    (USA)

Norwegian flight from Ft Lauderdale to Stockholm and Copenhagen to JFK, both in premium class. Both planes departed on time, the flight crew was excellent, great value for half the price of US carriers business class. Will fly Norwegian again!

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by M Howell    (UK)

We flew with Norwegian from Gatwick to Tenerife. It was on time taking off, however I found the service and staff very lack lustre, bored and totally missing for the whole flight. Pressed call button to ask for water, eventually a bored looking attendant turned up, no smile or can I help you - just said 1.50. Nobody to say goodbye when you disembarked, the whole crew looked absolutely fed up. What a miserable airline. Would I use again, not by choice.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Cooper-Smith    (UK)

Four of us travelled from Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale on the Dreamliner and we were all very impressed with the plane and the excellent service on board. Fort Lauderdale seems to have a problem with processing the amount of people on the Dreamliner. We arrived on a Friday night and had to wait for buses to take us to the terminal which took ages and then we had to wait outside the terminal as it was full! Took forever to get through customs even with a renewed ESTA! On return we had half hour delay and then had to return to stand because of a faulty switch. The terminal had no announcements to update people and shops and restaurants were shutting early. I would fly with Norwegian again but not to Fort Lauderdale I'm afraid. Our Hotel said this had happened every Friday so something is going wrong somewhere.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 October 2014 by C Drew    (USA)

Flew CPH-LAX on September 11. The 787 Dreamliner lives up to its name. We were a bit hesitant when we read some bad reviews, but the price was less than half the competitors, so we went through with it. Inside the plane you will notice that the windows are much bigger and the ceilings are much higher in the cabin. The windows, instead of having the shutters are dimmed. The windows in the entire cabin were shaded to the highest level and the mood lights made it feel like night for most of the 11 hour flight, so we got lots of sleep before arriving. The inflight entertainment was great, with plenty of movies, USB and power outlets and the service was fast. I recommend bringing your own food and drink, it is very expensive on the plane ($11 for a sandwich). For the price, this is a fantastic airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Barbara Santos    (UK)

First time flying with Norwegian from London Gatwick to Los Angeles (LAX). To be honest I was very worried about delays but my 2 flights were on time. I must say I am pretty surprised with the company! The staff was very nice and friendly! My boyfriend is very tall and usually suffers a lot with the seats (no space for his legs) but in both aircraft's he had space and could rest properly. The aircraft is new, you have a little screen where you can see films and TV series, play games and listen to music. The only thing we didn't like was not being able to buy drinks until the snack bar was opened - our fault, as we didn't book the food and drinks when we bought the tickets. I recommend Norwegian airlines! Price is excellent in my opinion.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 October 2014 by B Fish    (USA)

Flew Norwegian Oakland/Stockholm and Oslo/Oakland in premium economy. Great plane, nice attendants. Flew Norwegian inner-Europe - Stockholm/Madrid and Rome/Oslo - all went well - it's basic, utilitarian stuff - seats a bit worn out, and a bit of a cattle call boarding. Premium International was well worth the dollars.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 October 2014 by G Walker    (UK)

Travelled from London Gatwick to Alicante and it was the best airline yet. We go to Spain regularly and travelled on different airlines but Norwegian airlines was by far the better one, the plane was very comfortable not cramped at all and with free wifi and o board entertainment was a big bonus. The cabin crew were very friendly and approachable, the take off and landing was very smooth. We had already booked with BA for another trip prior to this flight and wished we hadn't as the BA flight was very poor in comprising so in future we will be travelling with Norwegian airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 October 2014 by D Conway    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to JFK on a 787. This aircraft is noticeably more comfortable than 747/767/Airbus equivalent and we were happy with the seating and food offer. The staff are quite patchy - not very attentive and some of them have quite an 'attitude' problem. This is an aspect Norwegian should work on.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 October 2014 by T Katsnelson    (USA)

Norwegian Flight 7005 Stockholm-New York on August 10, 2014. Norwegian aircraft was replaced with Euro Atlantic Airways plane, which not only had no USB ports and no WiFi, as advertised but also no regular power outlets available for passengers of the Premium class cabin. I was completely unaware about this change and came onboard with low battery on my electronic book. It could be easily avoided if Norwegian use my contact information and informed me about coming change of aircraft. Moreover, when I realized that I would not be able to read during the flight, I decided to entertain myself with the video. Unfortunately, the flight attendant informed me that video displays in Premium class cabin did not work. They tried to reboot the system, but with no success. Honestly, I am not a big fan of flying and thanks to Norwegian, I had over 7 hours of doing nothing. I returned home completely exhausted.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 October 2014 by I Moncrieff    (UK)

Terrible! Will never book with them again. Flights from London Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale times changed by 5/6 hours hence connecting flights from Edinburgh rendered useless. Only discovered the change when an email arrived promoting price reduction on similar flights. Actual notification arrived 12 hours later. Their customer service won't answer phone or emails. Norwegian is worse than Ryanair! I have not flown with them yet and until I can communicate with them I'm not sure I will!

Norwegian Customer review :  2 October 2014 by T Laffin    (USA)

Originally I was attracted to fly on Norwegian airlines by a very good price and a direct flight between JFK and Stockholm on the 787 Dreamliner. I live in Boston and my husband said he would drive me to JFK, The morning of the flight I received a text message saying the flight was delayed by 5 hours, from 21.35 to 02.35, however to make up for this, inconvenience I would be given a free $20 meal voucher. They gave us the meal voucher but didn't tell us that all the restaurants had closed, so that was useless. When I did finally board, it wasn't a 787 as it said on my ticket, but an older plane, that had no air conditioning, was dirty, with trash in the magazine holder and none of the entertainment screens worked, and the food was disgusting. My return flight, was also booked on a 787 but was on the same plane I flew over on. I switched to the Vegetarian meal, which was pasta with spinach on top. The only positive thing I can say is it was a safe trip and that I learned my lesson, about a bargain isn't always a bargain.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 October 2014 by J Robertson    (USA)

No problem with flights, took off on time, landed on time. Staff were fine, they did their job professionally. Problem is the schedule times, landing at Gatwick at 12pm, waiting 2 hours for a car rental, an abysmal drive in traffic lost the entire day. FLL airport: what a dump, landed on time then downhill, use steps to debark, bus to immigration hall, held on the bus as immigration was full, on line for 2 hours recovering luggage and getting through customs. Will never use FLL airport again. No problem with airline, but airport is poor.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Athena Stevens    (UK)

Never again! Thought we would try this airline as we travel to Florida twice a year. But soon discovered by the time you add all the extras like baggage, food, headphones, blankets and seats you could upgrade on BA. The flight from LGW to Fort Lauderdale was OK ish. Could not book in online prior to flight so given poor seats (was not going to pay extra to reserve). No extra drinks unless you pay exorbitant prices. Had to wait 30 minutes on the runway for buses to take us to the terminal. Our friends travelled to Fort Lauderdale 4 days before and had to wait 40 minutes. Once is bad luck, twice is bad planning! Return trip tonight. As their website was down we were unable to book meals. When we rang from Florida told we were too late! How ridiculous is that? Now have the prospect of a 8 hour flight with no food or drink unless we pay their excessive prices! We can't check in online again or use the app. Not looking forward to the return journey at all! Next time BA or Virgin.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8