Norwegian Passenger Reviews and Norwegian Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Norwegian Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Banner Mike    (USA)

I've had bad experiences with all airlines with delays and what not but my trip from LAX to Gatwick and back on the Dreamliner went without a hitch. We didn't have a chance to book much in advance but while most airlines were quoting $2000, Norwegian was quoting $1500 and that's the reason we picked them. My trip out was in economy and the leg room for a 6'1" guy is not the best. I felt really cramped but other airlines are probably doing the same thing. We prepaid for the food/baggage/seat assignment (included in the $1500) and I recommend anyone do that but don't expect the food to be all that great. The chicken tasted boiled. On the way back I opted for premium economy. It was about $300 more which is not bad compared to other airlines but the only real pluses are increased leg room and a 2 suitcase allowance rather than 1 and slightly better food. The beef I had was not bad at all! You get a free glass of so-so wine with the meal and a Bailey's to cap it off (premium economy only) but I found it weird that I still had to cough up $7 for a beer later in the flight! Really? The movie choice was limited - I didn't know most of the titles but I guess there was enough choice to keep me amused. The electrochromic windows are weird. There's a button under each window to let you darken/lighten it but the crew take over the controls for most of the flight so you don't actually get to adjust it to your liking. Bring back the shades!

Norwegian Customer review :  27 August 2014 by L Fraser    (USA)

I booked to travel from LAX to LGW on 23rd July 2014 at 20.30. This was the start of the most horrendous travel experience I have had. I was travelling alone with my young son, and the whole ordeal was incredibly stressful. After 4 hours on the tarmac with nothing but crisps and coke (had to wait over 2 hours for this) the flight was cancelled. The airline could not - or would not - provide hotel accommodation for the night so we came home. We were rescheduled to fly 24 hours later, but this was cancelled too. "Technical issues". Again, no hotels and no alternative flights. Just as my son and I were about to sleep in the airport, Norwegian did save some grace by finding us a hotel room. We eventually flew at 12.30pm on 25th July - 2.5 days late. Yes, Norwegian were cheap which is why we tried them. However these economies were evidenced with shoddy planes, no support network with other airlines, and they were quite frankly bullied by LAX Airport. Even though the flight itself was faultless once it took off, and the return flight fine, I will never fly with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 August 2014 by J Ledger    (UK)

I flew from London Gatwick to New York JFK, I am a frequent flyer on BA and had very low expectations for this flight. I opted for the Premium Economy service as that was their top tier class and I was over the moon with the whole entire experience. The worst thing about the flight was having to fly from Gatwick south terminal which is just awful, however everything about Norwegian was top class. The premium economy seats were extremely comfortable for a non flat bed seat, in comparison to Word Traveler Plus on BA it was simply incredible. Right from the offset I had a good experience with the express premium baggage check/check in desk and priority boarding on the flight. The food was presented in a very nice package, only down side is that they only had one option of fish available when they reached me (I don't eat fish). However the sides, dessert and drinks were delicious. The service was slightly slow but was excellent so didn't mind. They didn't have time to serve duty free as the wait until the very end, we landed early so they had only got to the front row before having to pack it up. Will 100% be flying with them again, just wish they had a route into Heathrow!

Norwegian Customer review :  21 August 2014 by S Harvey    (UK)

I am a fairly regular customer of Norwegian on their short haul routes from the UK to (and domestically within) Denmark over a number of years and have always found them very good and a certainly a cut above the other no frills airlines flying from the UK. I have recently flown with them for the first time Long Haul from LGW-JFK out on 7th August 2014 returning overnight on 12th/13th August 2014. I have to say that apart from a small delay on the outgoing flight the all round experience was excellent. 787 Dreamliner planes were comfortable and actually felt less cramped than larger planes on other UK airlines flying the same route. I had booked the extra legroom seats (rows 7 and 24 respectively) grab them if you can! Inflight entertainment system was like having your own ipad, state of the art and more reliable than other systems I have experienced with alternative British carriers. I actually managed to sleep a little on the return overnight flight which is a first for me on a long haul flight and I had little jet lag as a consequence. Cabin crew were efficient and friendly and the ambient lighting and windows which have automatic filtering depending on the external conditions were remarkable. On this experience I would be more than happy to book again long haul with Norwegian, London to New York for £365 return (including the extra meal, checked luggage and advanced reserved seat package) in August beats all other airlines hands down and offers as good as any other economy offering by other UK carriers.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 August 2014 by M Germain    (France)

My first and last time with Norwegian. I flew from Stockholm to NYC on July 30th and returned on August 6th. I booked with Norwegian because they offered a unique experience about the 787 and direct flights to NYC. I checked the flight status before leaving for the airport, my flight was delayed more than 5 hours with a new departure of 11 pm (instead of 5.30pm). I went to the airport on time to learn that the flight was definitely delayed because of a technical issue on the plane that occurred 2 days ago. After waiting 4 hours at the airport with my luggage, we were allowed to drop our luggage and check-in. I waited 1.5 hrs to drop my luggage. At the desk, the receptionist discreetly ask me if I would agree to switch to another flight (because of over-booking), the following day and Norwegian would offer me 600€. However, they were not able to tell me if the flight would be on time and if over-booking problems would be absorbed. I refused as I had to be in NYC the next day and he gave me a voucher for a meal. We were waiting 45 minutes without any explanations. Finally, we took of at 11.45, more than 6 hours after the scheduled departure. The plane was an old and dirty EuroAtlantic plane, seats were narrow, plane was dirty. The EuroAtlantic crew were welcoming but it didn't change the fact that the plane was so uncomfortable. To return we were on EuroAtlantic again with limited entertainment. The flight was only delayed one hour which was a good surprise. The plane was indeed old, with limited entertainment but still, better than the first one as we had larger seats and individual screens. Seats were old and not in a good shape but the crew were nice and we arrived 40 minutes late in Stockholm. Overall, my experience with Norwegian was not good at all. I will never fly with them again!

Norwegian Customer review :  16 August 2014 by W Lester    (UK)

We are currently sitting on a Norwegian airplane at Gatwick Airport. We were supposed to leave at 7.15pm but are still at the gate at 8.32pm No one has given us any information and the plane is sweltering hot, ok, we've finally been told that there's a fault with plane but they're not letting us off for another 20 min because there isn't anyone to authorise us getting off. This is a total joke.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 August 2014 by C Saban    (USA)

DY7006, 1 Aug 2014, New York - Stockholm-Arlanda. The original booking was to take the flight on the Dreamliner but that did not occur and the flight was subcontracted out to Portuguese Air. This appears to be a common practice for this airline and after reading the reviews is the basis of many of the complaints. We booked first class and found accommodations no better than economy. No pillows and few blankets. Flight crew was more interested in socializing during the flight rather than addressing the needs of customers. No entertainment during the entire 7 hour flight. Some of the restrooms were non-functional. Food was substandard. But what concerned me most was a lack of safety culture by the staff. Upon landing customers jumped out of their seats and started removing items from the overhead bins and remained standing as the plane proceeded to the airport. Not a word was said to anyone by the staff. In all my years of travel I have never observed such unsafe behavior. This is a no frills airline so take this into account before you begin the journey.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Luca Zocche    (France)

Flight 7002, 26 June, from New York to Oslo. Check-in staff were very nice and quick. The flight left half an hour late. The plane was very modern inside and the seats were very comfortable. The meals were small but okay. Flight arrived early in Oslo. I had a great experience aboard Norwegian and I will fly them again in the future.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Joanna Spencer    (UK)

Flown with Norwegian 3 times now, returning from Malaga on the 13/8/14. Aircraft clean and comfortable also free wi fi which is fantastic for the kids. My daughter had back surgery so I booked her a wheelchair, Norwegian were so helpful I cannot fault them, will always use them, also if you book in plenty of time I have always found them to be the cheapest, on these flights alone I save myself £450.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by D Lowe    (Australia)

Paris to Oslo rtn. It was not a new 737 with the sky interior, but it was clean and everything worked and the service was wonderful. We were travelling as a family of 7 and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The flight back was on one of their newest 737-800's with the sky interior and it was excellent. Comfortable seats and the WiFi was fast. Very impressed and would certainly fly Norwegian around Europe. The inflight snacks were nice (had the chicken sandwich and it was delicious). The only slight criticism is the 20kg luggage limit, but they make up for it with the 10kg carry-on limit.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by R Allison    (UK)

I have travelled quite often with Norwegian Air during the past. I have always been satisfied with their service until I travelled on flight DY1633 from Vienna to Oslo on 25 July 2014 when “the walls fell in”. The incoming flight from Oslo was about 3 hours late in arriving in Vienna. The waiting passengers were not aware of the reason for the planes delay in arriving. Shortly after the planes arrival in Vienna 5 or 6 Austrian police appeared and started taking 4 or 5 of the awaiting passengers out for further interrogation. No explanation was given by a member of the ground staff as to the reason for the 3 hour delay in arriving at Vienna which was apparently due to the connecting flight from Bodø to Oslo being delayed 3 hours because of fog. When we got on board at about 00.30 an explanation was given by the Captain as to the delay. Drinks were available on the flight but had to be paid for instead of being offered free of charge after such a long delay. The flight eventually arrived at Oslo Airport at about 03.00, over 3 hours late! As I had 2 tickets for the Airport Train to Sandvika I asked one of the flight attendants how I could get to Sandvika as no trains were available at that late hour. I was given a short rude reply to contact Norwegian Air’s Service company at Oslo Airport. I eventually did and the service company rudely told me to take a waiting bus to Oslo Centre and a taxi on to Sandvika and make a claim to Norwegian Air afterwards. Lack of information and rude flight attendants with, in my opinion, little experience has made me think twice about travelling with Norwegian Air again.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by C Kris    (USA)

We flew low fare from Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL) to Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH) on August 7. I had read the reviews so I knew what to expect - delays and no frills. Our flight was delayed 1 hour, found out via FLL website - no big deal. We did not pre order food, baggage or reserve seats. Flying as a couple, we checked in together and we assigned consecutive seats. Aircraft was new, media selection was good. Hard to sleep - lots of interruptions. There were 9 seats per row so a 3-3-3 set up. It's a 9 hour flight, it's an economy airline, it's what I expected. Don't buy food on the plane - it' starts at $4 cokes and $8 mini Bailey's. As a couple in our twenties traveling to Europe on a budget, it was satisfactory. We have 2 more Norwegian flights while here - will review again. Note on the FLL airport: if you have a late evening flight, be prepared that the shops/food close around 8.30 - disappointed not to get a meal. Not even a cup of water will be offered to you on the plane. Headphones/blankets not free. I brought a big sweater - that was a good decision.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Hansen Henrik    (Denmark)

I had a one-way flight LAX-CPH, Dreamliner. No delay and service was good. The flight was cheap so that was fine. What I didn't like was that you get charged a lot on all services - food, luggage, blanket, seat and so on and the price level is very high. What I didn't like was that if you didn't pre-ordered food, then you have to wait to order food/drinks until after all the pre-ordered had got their service. The selection of food was either chips or a sandwich and to very steep prices - I took a cheese sandwich (no other option) and a 25cl red wine, total cost 19 USD. The temperature in the airplane was roughly 18C/64F, at least below what I am used to. I suspect that the Dreamliner plane has an advanced indoor climate where the temperature could be set electronically to a certain number so why didn't they set this from the start? If this was deliberately to make us buy blankets I don't know! Overall I don't like long overseas flights where you have to purchase food and drinks. A tip - buy food from the departure location (non airport) and save money.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Ollie Watts    (UK)

I flew DY7015 to New York from London Gatwick on July 15th and returned on DY7016 on 2nd August. Having booked flights last October due to very cheap fares, and being able to flying on the 787, I was not disappointed. I had read about the use of rented aircraft when things go wrong with their 787s, but I flew on the 787 on both flights without any technical delays. Both flights left just a bit behind schedule, but that was due to late passengers and the shear amount of aircraft movements at each airport. The first thing I noticed once stepping on board was the clean and fresh new smell (I flew on their newest 787 which was less than a month old) and the crew were very welcoming and helpful, much more so than BA long haul. My IFE stopped working within the first 20 minutes on the outbound flight and I had to share my mum and sister's, and the cabin crew didn't reset it despite being asked to twice, so that was my only disappointment. It worked fine on the return flight. The pre-ordered meal going out was actually quite nice but on the inbound flight was not the best, but economy airline food often isn't the best regardless of airline. The crew were attentive and friendly on both flights, engaging with the customers well and always did their best to help, which was great giving Norwegian are a low-cost airline. Well what can I say about the 787, it really is a pleasure to fly on! The electronically dimmable windows were cool and the size of the windows is quite large compared to similar size planes. It is a quiet plane even on takeoff so during cruise you aren't kept wide awake by the bellowing roar of the engines. I found the seats to be comfortable with great leg room (so much more compared to the likes of BA) and the mood lighting that changes colour gave a fresh feel to the flight. As an aspiring airline pilot/aviation enthusiast as well as a passenger all in all I loved my experience flying with Norwegian long haul on their 787! For a low cost airline the service is good, friendly crew, the pilots on the return flight were welcoming and kept us informed when possible about updates etc, and there were none of the notorious extraordinary delays that seem to affect a fair few of their long haul flights. I really hope their long haul expansion works out for them as they look set to receive 9 more 787s next year in addition to the 7 they already have, and that the technical issues that sometimes affect their 787s iron out. I would not hesitate to fly with them again giving the great fares. My parents are flying with them Gatwick-Barcelona in October and are eagerly anticipating their modern sky interior 737-800. If you want to fly long haul at half the price of the 'big boy' carriers, fly Norwegian, and don't be put off by some of the big delay stories you hear!

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by G Eye    (USA)

Flew OAK-Oslo on July 2nd. Had bought my ticket months earlier and was very excited to fly on the "Dreamliner". Reviews on this site as well as others left me a bit worried, so I was greatly relieved to see the Dreamliner roll into the gate at Oakland "International" Airport right on time. Check in was simple, quick and pleasant. Plane left on time. Flight crew professional and pleasant. The plane itself, being new, is great although not greatly different than a 777 or Airbus. I will say the improved cabin ventilation system seemed to make quite a difference upon arrival. Did not order food, but flight attendant comped me a beer and nuts after giving up my seat to a woman with two young kids. Arrived on time and did not have to worry about missing my connecting flights out of Oslo on another airline. Biggest drawback was the $36 half sandwich & beer I had at Oslo Airport. Not sure if I will fly them again as Oslo connections are poor and let's face it, the only people who can afford Norway are Norwegians.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Martin Joanne    (UK)

I flew Gatwick to Tenerife 23 July and returned 2 Aug with my family. I was very pleasantly surprised with this company after years of using EasyJet and Ryanair for short haul trips. Very comfortable seats with considerably more legroom than the other economy airlines. Extremely polite, efficient cabin staff, and again, I found the inflight service better and cheaper than the alternatives. I paid just over £800 for 5 return flights in the school summer holidays which was an absolute bargain. Would definitely use Norwegian Air again, very impressed!

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by P Gustafson    (USA)

The flight from LAX to London on Norwegian Air's Dreamliner was superb. The crew were friendly and polite. The seats were comfortable. The entertainment system worked perfectly. The upgraded "nice and tasty" meal was quite good. A wonderful experience! Then came the return flight from Copenhagen to LAX. We waited 6 hours in the airport and 1 hour on the plane before takeoff with no explanations. The Customer Service offered a $10 meal voucher, but they were almost offensive in their behavior. Thinking we would be returning on the same airline that we flew to Europe on was an assumption we should not have made. To our dismay the Dreamliner was MIA and instead we ended up on EuroAtlantic. As if that wasn't enough of a stunner, the entertainment system was a total joke, no WiFi, our paid for "nice and tasty" upgraded meal never manifested and when we inquired about it the flight attendant got irritated, acting as though we were out of line to even ask. Never would I fly Norwegian Air again without an absolute guarantee that it would be the Dreamliner both ways, which will never happen. I can't understand why Norwegian Air would choose a rickety old plane with a rude crew to substitute. The one good thing, the pilot did get us home safely.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Stephanie de Ville Sarti    (USA)

Avoid Norwegian is my honest opinion and let me explain so many reasons why: Last week I accompanied my niece from LAX to LGW on Norwegian's advertised "dreamliner" aircraft. It turned into a 3 day delay and since we live hours away, my niece had to sleep in the airport as no hotel rooms were offered. We were given limited info from the "handling agents" at LAX for Norwegian, since apparently there is no actual Norwegian staff at any airport. I tried to call customer service. After excruciatingly long wait times, we got a very unfriendly person who sounded like they did not want to be there. I read other reviews where Norwegian farms out the Dreamliner sometimes to a "leasing" company and much older aircraft, well I did not believe it until my niece got a text message that her return flight would be on such an aircraft. It is nothing like the Dreamliner they proudly advertise. Well my mother always said, if you want cheap then you will get cheap. Now I see it firsthand. Avoid.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by R Chase    (USA)

We missed our connecting flight from Paris to Copenhagen. We contacted Norwegian Airlines at ORLY airport who informed us the flight would not be refunded or changed-the flight would still stand as is. So after spending 1000 euros to get trains to Copenhagen to catch our flight, it was then delayed 5 hours, and they switched us to an EuroAtlantic Boeing 777-200 from 1998 instead of the Dreamliner we had paid for! The plane was dirty, with food debris and trash all over and under seats. Very apparent it had not been cleaned at all. Seat arms were broken, the light switch above the seat broke apart when turned on. Also, the TVs did not work. On some TVs there was no audio. No entertainment package, games or wi-if that we had paid for and been promised. Also, the crew seemed lost and confused, obviously operating on a plane they were not familiar with. No complimentary drinks for 7 hours in between the 2 meals provided. The stewards were never around, never collected trash. I had to seek them out in the back of the plane where they were standing leaning over, earplugs in playing on their iPhones oblivious and disengaged from passengers and their needs. After reading all the previous comments, it appears Norwegian maybe doing a bait and switch, promising paid Dreamliner tickets but providing defunct, broken, dirty old planes, but collecting premium money for it.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by R Chase    (USA)

Norwegian did it to us also. Our flight was DY7091 Copenhagen to LAX aboard the Dreamliner on August 2nd. We also never received a text or phone call about the delay. Upon arriving at the airport and checking in we were given vouchers to eat to make up for the 5 hour delay. No one ever told us about the plane change. We proceeded to board a Euro Atlantic plane which we just assumed was maybe a sister company (Not the case). Our flight was the most miserable flight. This plane was old, dirty and even had ashtrays. We sat in seats that had white stuff sprayed all over from the previous flight and cups on the floor. One of the sinks in a bathroom was broken and another bathroom was completely out of service. The inflight entertainment or TV's did not work for most of the seats. The ones that did work had grainy and rolling pictures or no audio. My arm rest was broken and kept pinching me. You could not get a pillow or blanket. The overhead lights and remotes were hit and miss if they worked. This plane had no wifi, staff that were clueless, missing and just plain lazy. They did provide 2 meals with a drink. The food was ok, no drinks were offered between the meals that were served 1 hour 30 mins after take off and before landing. My kids were bored and had no entertainment but me for 11 hours as their DS died while being used in the airport during the delay. This was a horrible flight for an adult but worse for a family with kids. Warning it looks like this is a common practice for Norwegian if you can get your money back try to or take a different flight completely. This is an unacceptable chartered plane Norwegian has leased to deal with the Dreamliner problem and they have been doing this to passengers for months.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by S Hanv    (USA)

New York (JFK) to Copenhagen (round-trip), July, 2014. This route (JFK-CPH) is contracted out to EuroAtlantic Airways and uses a Boeing 777 with a friendly and efficient Portuguese crew. The airplane has leather seats, older headrest entertainment screens (including a navigation channel), bring your own earbuds, blanket/sweater, pillow and hand sanitizer. The price you pay includes a 22 pound carry-on bag any checked baggage has an extra charge. JFK-CPH - Norwegian Air uses the generic check-in counter and generic agents at the far-end (southern side) of Terminal 1 at JFK. You only need your passport to check-in. The agents didn't seem too concerned with weight limits. The plane loaded from rear to front at the gate. No pillows, blankets or earbuds. Everyone got a free dinner (tasty) and a skimpy pour of free wine. Everyone got a free box breakfast also. Many drinks were offered during the flight. Since they didn't give out blankets, the plane was kept uncomfortably warm. Overhead storage filled quickly. CPH-JFK - Norwegian uses it's own employees at the Copenhagen check-in counter. Only a passport was needed to receive a boarding pass. Checked baggage was weighed. Carry-on bags were never weighed. Only two generic employees at the gate: one allowed entry to a secured seating area at the gate after checking passports and boarding passes; the second, allowed everyone to board at once and collected boarding passes. Boarding went smoother than the rear-first boarding at JFK. Everyone got a free dinner (tasty) and a free large pour of wine and a free box breakfast. Many drinks were offered during the flight. No blankets, pillows or earbuds. The plane was kept at a comfortable temperature. Lots of room in overhead storage. I purchased the Norwegian package that included a reserved seat, a meal and one checked bag (44 pounds/ 20 kilos). If you arrive three hours prior to the flight you'll be the first to choose from the unreserved seats, since everyone got free meals, there was no need to pay for it and a checked bag can be purchased separately. I would not have flown Norwegian Air if I had a connecting flight and I would think twice before I took a flight within Europe with them.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by A Canella    (USA)

Terrible service, one of the worst flights I've been on. Flew from Riga to Miami. My connecting flight was "final call "1 hr before takeoff. The lounge they packed us in was tiny causing most of us to have to sit on the floor. Inflight services were terrible, no beverages were offered periodically, instead you would have to request awkwardly. I don't mind being charged for what I eat, what was terrible was that there was no real food to choose from, only nachos, chips, peanuts, and garbage food. This service was not available for large potions of the flight. At the end off the long flight I was feeling very starved. Cost of flight included nothing which makes it hard to compare with flights that do when shopping. Extra for choosing Seats, no included check baggage. My bag that was 5KG over weight cost £185. Will never fly again.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by S Davis    (USA)

DY7087, Stockholm/Arn to Los Angeles/LAX. Do not fly Norwegian Airlines! 2pm flight started with a 3hr delay and became a 9+hr delay. 8/01/2014. No info, no updates, no vouchers stuck in Stockholm. Went to another airline to trade in the ticket and was told "No one will accept or deal with Norwegian Airlines". Save yourself the headache. Do not fly Norwegian Airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by C Corrine    (USA)

I flew to Oakland, CA from Stockholm via Norwegian Air and was sorely disappointed with the entire experience. The flight was delayed for over seven hours with no explanation or communication. My husband only found out about the delay when he checked us in online, the airline did not bother to send us a notification email. We were subsequently forced to endure a redeye flight instead of the pleasant midday flight we were expecting. Several of the flight attendants were snippy and rude, likely due to the inconvenience this delay caused them as well. Further, the exit row seating is severely cramped, diminishing the comfort. Overall, I would avoid this airline in the future and would advise others to do so as well.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Nick Wilcockson    (USA)

Aug 1st. Flight DY7087 from Arlanda to Los Angeles. Almost 8 hours delay. Scheduled departure time was 1400 and actual departure was 2145. We had driven 3 hours to Arlanda airport to check-in at 11am to be told that due to technical reasons the flight was delayed 2 hours until 1610. This then became 1840 and subsequently 2040. The announcements were made on the departure notice board. There was not one Norwegian Air employee to speak to at the airport. Given a 100 kroner meal voucher which barely covered the cost of a sandwich. The whole experience was a nightmare and we eventually got to LAX at midnight instead of 1615. The cabin staff were very polite and apologetic telling me that Norwegian Air long haul flights have a lot of problems and are very often delayed. I checked out the historical data for flights from Arlanda to Los Angeles and found that there were delays on 5 out of 6 flights the previous week with average delays of over 3 hours and in some instances cancellations. This was our second similar bad experience in a year with Norwegian. Never again and the flying public should be warned.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Carmen Elrod    (USA)

My first and last Norwegian flight from Ft Lauderdale Fl to Copenhagen (connecting flight to Munich and then Thessaloniki) was delayed 2.5 hours without giving notice by text or email on July 15th, 2014). Upon arriving to the Ft Lauderdale airport 2 hrs prior to flight, we were told flight was delayed 2 hrs, which made us miss both connecting fights in Copenhagen and Munich, hence, having to repurchase new expensive tickets in Copenhagen, re- routing us to Stockholm, and then to our final destination in Greece (Thessaloniki). This airline might less expensive, but they charge for blankets, pillows, earphones, food (on an almost 10 hr flight). On our returning flight of 9 hours, we were denied food or drinks by flight attendant!

Norwegian Customer review :  4 August 2014 by D Flores    (USA)

Recently flew LAX to Copenhagen to LAX - It was not the Dreamliner but the budget 20 yr old EuroAtlantic with the Portuguese flight attendants. I had read about this but was hoping it would not happen to us. I asked when we were checking in and they said the Dreamliner was not going to be ready until Aug 1 and that we should have received some sort of notice. We did not. The overnight flight was fairly empty but my husband's row had non-functioning lights and as mentioned in other comments, there were only two movie channels, one for kids "Rio 2" only in Portuguese and very grainy. They did not give my kids a kids meal, and never came around with water after the meal service (very strange). The flight back wasn't as spooky since it was a full flight and during the day. But it was the same low, low cost charted flight with a very budget service and the same two movies in Portuguese. What a disappointment! Not the Dreamliner experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Scott Sarem    (USA)

DY7091, July 1 2014. when we boarded the plane, we noticed that there was residue all over the tray table in my seat and the seat next to mine. I alerted the flight attendant and she gave me a napkin and told me to clean it up. I would expect that the airplane would be clean and habitable. When I went to the bathroom to wet the napkin, I noticed the bathroom had not been cleaned from the prior flight. Once the flight started we were told that the entertainment system on the plane did not work. It did not work the entire flight even though the crew stated that they reset it numerous times. It is difficult to fly with children for 12 hours without entertainment. We paid for a service we did not receive. I ordered a meal for my wife online and stated that she had a nut allergy. When the food was being served on the plane there was absolutely no order to it and the flight attendants did not seem to know what they were serving. I asked the flight attendant about the food and she had no idea what was being served. She did however, state that she thought there were no nuts, but then states she did not have a roster of what was to be served. Had we known that Norwegian was going to hire a second rate charter company to fly us home from Copenhagen, where the plane was dirty, the food was bad, the entertainment system did not work, and the staff were rude, we would not have booked the flight. We will never fly Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 August 2014 by T Boespflug    (USA)

Our flight was scheduled for 8pm from LAX to London. The boarding process was delayed an hour or so which is fine. We sat on the plane for another 1.5 hrs, this was a little strange, there was no explanation given. After another hour the pilot told us that we needed to be towed so technicians could take a look. After another 4 hours on the plane he announced that the plane was not able to fly. We were towed back and got off the plane. There were no hotels available so we slept in the airport that night. The next day we were scheduled to board at 8pm. The boarding time was once again delayed an hour, and then an hour again. After 3 more hours the pilot again asked that the plane was unable to fly. We are still waiting to hear how we are getting to London. Our whole European family vacation has been thrown off because of this airline. Although it is more affordable then most other airlines avoid Norwegian at all costs!

Norwegian Customer review :  1 August 2014 by H Ewen    (UK)

Delayed over 43 hours on a flight home from LAX to LGW. The delay annoying as it was is made 100 times worse by the customer care or lack of. Being left for two nights to sleep on an airport floor with out blankets, food and water is not acceptable. Families and travellers were left with no instructions on what to and where to sleep when no hotels could be provided.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Garcia    (UK)

Booked a ticket for a flight leaving from London Gatwick on Friday 25 July going to Fort Lauderdale for a family funeral on Sunday morning. Given the circumstances, I bought the tickets on Friday morning, no delays were listed and I went straight to the airport. There, the flight was initially delayed from 14.20 on Friday to 6.50am the next morning according to the representative at the desk. At the same moment, received a text from Norwegian to say that the flight was delayed until 11pm the same night. No one knew what was going on. Eventually, the flight was delayed twice more, first until midnight on Saturday (a 32 hour delay) and then again until 8.50am on Sunday morning (a 40 hour delay). At this point I have been waiting at Gatwick for hours while the flight was pushed later and later. The final delay would have had me missing the funeral, and no would could guarantee that further delays would not be incurred. I had to cancel my ticket and book a new one with BA for double the price, which left right on time and gave me no issues. I cannot tell you how stressful this entire situation was at an already difficult time. I will never book with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 August 2014 by R Kh    (UK)

Flew from London Gatwick to Nice on 27 July 2014. Flight was delayed. But at 7am on Sunday morning, it did not make much of a difference. Entertainment on board - excellent, free wifi - great. But the time I looked up from the computer, it was landing time. I will book again on Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Holmstrom    (Sweden)

Had a 42-hour delay on JFK-Stockholm with no information at all about when the plane would depart and why the delay actually occurred. The only thing they helped one with was a bad sun-chair that they called "bed". Well, not really. Poor airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Joel Tinker    (USA)

Supposed to fly out on July 23rd from LAX to Gatwick. Once on the flight I thought not bad seats, entertainment is ok, then they announce that the flight will be delayed. We sat for another 2 hours without food or drink. Then 4 hours had passed, people were requesting to get off the plane. After 5 hours on the plane they announced that everyone had to exit the plane and wait in the airport for further instructions. They started announcing that the flight would be delayed until later in the evening the following day. I received a text the next morning saying the flight would be at 5pm, around noon the flight changed again until 8 pm. Arriving back at the airport, the flight was delayed a half hour. Show up to the gate for boarding time around 7.30 pm and no plane. 3 hours later the flight is cancelled again. Staff were unfriendly. Do not fly this airline no matter what the saving is.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Ossi Vuorenmaa    (Finland)

We flew Helsinki-Paris Orly-Helsinki, 18-23 July. We knew this is a low cost airline and all extras must be paid for. We had some drinks and snacks which all were very good, well worth the money. The seat comfort ok, legroom as in other short haul airlines we have flown with. The planes were modern B737-800, free wifi was offered but we did not use, neither did we use the inflight entertainment available on overhead screens. Outbound leg smack on time, homebound 40 mins late on departure, 20 mins on arrival. Boarding in Paris was quite chaotic. Everybody, incl a lot of families tried to board at same time with no queue. Norwegian did not offer online check-in on these flights.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Lynn Sacks    (UK)

Flew yesterday London Gatwick to LAX. Had never flown Norwegian before and never will again. Seats in economy smaller than normal. Unless you pre-order food (which we didn't) you are left with a limited choice of a limited selection of horrible snacky foods to purchase. Make sure you pack food before you come on. Had to return two purchases because they were stale. Feeling a little chilly from the ac? Well you will have to purchase a blanket as well as headphones. Oh, and I got stuck in the toilet, as did two other people sitting near me. The staff are always smiling which I'm sure is to make up for everything else that is lacking. Longest 11.5 hrs of my life. Never again!

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by M Grafton    (USA)

I was recently stranded in Stockholm when our trip was cancelled on an overseas Stockholm-Oakland trip. My biggest complaint is the way the Norwegian Air staff continued to lie to us about the "problem", not telling us that the reason we were not flying was because of a dangerous technical fault in the plane. We got a variety of answers such as AC failure to a software problem. Our plane kept getting delayed later and later even though they could have told us much earlier in the day so that we could have found flights on other airlines. Delayed by over 28 hours. Additionally the overseas planes don't have wifi and is falsely advertised on their website as well as incorrectly told over the phone by the Norwegian staff. I would advise everyone to not fly with Norwegian air.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Olsen Kent    (USA)

Booked premium class seat on flights to and from Europe on the new Dreamliner. Tiny side note about the Dreamliner, why do they need to automate everything? What was wrong with pull down window shades? They have this automatic dimmer thing that doesn't work. Bathrooms are fancy and unusable. Flight out was fair. Premium class gets you a bigger seat, but do not expect much more than that. Small meal comes in a box. If you want a snack or extra soda, be prepared to pay for it. I bought a box of chips which cost me $3.00 for a tiny little bag. Flight home to Oakland was where it really broke down. Arrived at the Stockholm airport (ARN) 4 hours ahead of my departure time of 16.30. I was notified at check in that the flight was delayed two hours. Sat at the airport waiting. They then added more delay time and presented everyone with meal vouchers. 100 Swedish Kroner. Sounds like a lot until you go to buy something. Finally, after checking the website for Norwegian I noticed they still hadn't changed the status of the flight and showed it leaving on time. I walked over to the counter where I learned that the flight was cancelled. No notice, no announcement. Nothing. So I do as instructed by the women in charge and collect my luggage and find the counter where they are giving out vouchers for hotels. They inform me that the flight will be delayed until 18.30 the following day! No other flights are available as it is too late. I collect another 150 Kroner voucher (almost enough for 2 beers). I go to sleep and wake up to find out the flight is delayed again. The new time is now 20.30. So the bottom line is this. Norwegian knew the flight would be cancelled as the plane was still sitting in Los Angeles at the time I originally checked in. It didn't even leave LA until 2.00 the next morning! If they had told me then that the flight was cancelled I could have had a better chance of getting another flight.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Laura Cattell    (USA)

Just a follow up to the review on my Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick flight on July 7th. I returned on July 21st and had the same pleasant experience. The only downside to the return trip was the lunch was terrible which is an easy fix as in 'take your own'. I was in Premium and had a very comfortable flight. I was also fast tracked through security which is a big plus of a premium seat. Also Premium has a dedicated check in.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by S Hollenbeck    (USA)

My son and I flew no frills with carry-on, Oakland to Oslo on the Dreamliner. A little last minute, so the price wasn't phenomenal, but still the best around. Super fast flight - excellent plane. We were comfortable even in the middle of the middle.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 July 2014 by B Whitlock    (UK)

I have flown from LGW to Arlanda and return, both times I have been delayed 5 hours and then 6 hours. No information, all flights from London to Stockholm delayed. Never fly with Norwegian unless you can wait in an airport departure lounge. Once on board no refreshments and only one member of flight crew, no trolley service, nothing. In future I will fly Easyjet or Ryanair. Both are basic but at least they are on time.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 July 2014 by J Yeh    (USA)

Worst airline I have flown. Booked 787 round trip to Copenhagen from Los Angeles a few months ago, changed to old euro Atlantic 777 at the last minute. Plane was dirty, run down, despite paying for premium class seats. No movies, no working restrooms in front of plane. Will never fly Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Evans    (UK)

We travelled from LGW / Fuerteventura, 6/7/14 to 13/7/14. Probably the most comfortable seats on an aircraft that I have had and plenty of leg room. We were lucky in that both flights were not full so we had plenty of room to spread out. Both flights left on time and the return flight landed early. The cabin crew were very attentive and cheerful, especially outward bound.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Soomi Lunau    (Denmark)

Just flew from Tenerife South to Hamburg, Germany. Flight no. DY5366. The boarding was everyone at once instead of in sections. There was plenty of waiting time. The staff were unfriendly and hardly communicated with anyone. They didn't even bother to welcome us onboard! One had to pay for food and beverages. Just odd that flying to Tenerife from Hamburg a week earlier with Air Berlin, food and beverages were provided without extra costs. I did have to pay for a warm lunch onboard Air Berlin but everything else they provided we were not charged extra for. However on this flight, they came twice with their food and beverages wagon and before we could enjoy the paid beverage, they were asking us to return the empty cans and plastic glasses. Rushed and silly. The seats as you would expect on a low budget airline. Nothing fancy about the new fleet. The toilet was a total mess by the third hour into the flight. The staff didn't even bother to say goodbye when it was time to get off the five hour journey. If I can avoid Norwegian Airlines, I will do so with all my might!

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Greenne    (USA)

DUB-STK-OAK. 7/13/14. First leg of the trip was great because I had 3 leather seats to myself and slept the three hours to STK. It was a little difficult to figure out the connection gates (not the airlines fault). The flight went well except for the freezing cold plane, terrible veggie meals, and the screaming toddler. When my luggage arrives I will change my review.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Doug Powell    (UK)

We flew on the inaugural flight from London Gatwick to New York and then returned two weeks later. We thought the flight, the staff, the meals were all excellent and we would have no hesitation in flying again with Norwegian Air. Admittedly we did fly Premium Class, but again, feel the extra seat comfort - very wide and reclined so well that we were able to sleep on the return overnight flight - and excellent meals were well worth the extra expense.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by N Kaufman    (USA)

Booked flight on Dreamliner. They switched the flight on us to a heap of junk leased from Euroatlantic airways. Outbound was delayed 4 hours. Food was inedible, seat was broken, plane was dirty. Crew was clueless and gave inaccurate and conflicting information. One of the bathrooms broke down during the trip. No inflight entertainment. Changed our seats twice without telling us before the day of departure that we specifically chose for the added legroom on account of my height. Avoid.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by L Watson    (UK)

This is by the far the worst airline I have flown with. We were flying from Gatwick to Gran Canaria on the 4th of July 2014. We were meant to fly at 8.35am but the flight was delayed 2 hours which was fine. At 10.30 we went to the gate only to be told the flight was again delayed with no explanation to why just to wait for more information which was coming at 12.30. 12.30 became 12.50 and still no further forward on to what was going on. Finally at 1.30ish we got news that the flight was delayed as the plane was broken and they had to wait for another plane to take us to Las Palmas. They were hoping to get us boarded by 3pm. Got the call to go to the gate at 3 when we got on the plane we sat on the runway for 2 hours cause they had to wait for fuel. The staff were nice enough on the plane but by that point everyone on the flight was annoyed and irate after being delayed for 9 hours. It was meant to be the Dreamliner but of course it wasn't. Coming back we were delayed by 20 mins which was fine considering what we had entitled on the way there. If you get the Dreamliner it's a really nice plane with comfy seats and plenty leg room but I for one will never be flying with this company again. They may be cheap but frankly I would pay the extra to fly with someone else.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Lorri Bishop    (USA)

My friend and I flew Norwegian to Europe. The plane was dirty. The staff hardly ever showed their faces. The entertainment TV did not work and the wifi they offered did not even exist. The food was interesting. Our flight back from Europe was even worse. People gathered and sat in the middle of the plane to charge phones, laptops, iPads etc. The staff left all the drinks out on the counter for everyone to help themselves. Bad thing with that is they also leave out the alcohol for everyone to help themselves to free beer and wine. There were many men standing around getting drunk. Free alcohol is fine when it's served in moderation, especially on a plane. This is a disaster waiting to happen. The 1 good thing was the flight, the pilot did a a great job.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Camilla Petersson    (USA)

DY7042, FLL-CPH, June 15th, 2014. DY7041, CPH-FLL, July 9, 2014. I think the dreamliner was a good travel experience, flying from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen, despite a 1 hour delay in take off. The return from Copenhagen to Fort Lauderdale with a 787 was less of a pleasant experience, however, the worst was arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport. Horrendous in many ways, confusing and tiny passport hall, even worse was the baggage hall, no information, total confusion and a line to customs that wrapped around the baggage hall twice, yes twice! The ground personal I must say was nicer than the rest of the experience. Unfortunately never again, not due to the flying experience but the arrival experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Karen Jones    (Spain)

I travel regularly ALC-LGW and the only bad experience was my last flight which was delayed due to the French Air Traffic Control strike, which was no fault of the airline. Since I 'discovered' this low cost route, I always try to book with them. I particularly like the free wifi on board and the easy check in at Gatwick as no queues to check baggage in. The only drawbacks are that you can only check in online 24 hours prior to departure and that they do not fly as regularly from/to Alicante as they do from/to Malaga. Would like to see direct flights from Manchester too! Maybe that is pushing it a bit! No problems with the flight attendants, they have always been helpful and polite. Recommend them all the time now.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Laura Cattell    (USA)

I flew on July 7th from Ft Lauderdale to Gatwick. Flight was on time, no one at the airport at 9.30 pm so security was a breeze. Very efficient boarding, was in a premium seat which was comparable to other airlines business class. Lots of room, nice quiet flight and I did notice much less drying of nasal passages which normally affects me. The Dreamliner is a vast improvement on lighting etc. The food service which was included in premium was actually quite good. Good movie selection, really, there was nothing to moan about. Nice friendly flight attendant. There is no WiFi on international flights. This is a winner for me needing to travel between Ft L'dale and Gatwick four times a year.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 July 2014 by F Inna    (USA)

We selected Norwegian in the hope of flying a Dreamliner. It was a huge mistake! Our flight from LAX to CPH was delayed for 25 (twenty five!) hours. Instead of a Dreamliner we flew an old plane from Euro Atlantic Airways with really bad TV screens. After boarding the plane we spent an hour before it actually departed. Our flight back from CPH to LAX was on time, but again by Euro Atlantic Airways! In addition they lost our suitcase.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 July 2014 by H Piercey    (UK)

Flew with Norwegian to Lanzarote 30/6/14 - 7/7/14. Can honestly say have never been more impressed with any airline - Norwegian delivered 5 * service with free wifi and comfortable seats. This was my first experience with them, and will no doubt be my last. At Gatwick, we boarded as soon as the gate was called, which meant we left 30 mins early! Coming home, we left 20 mins early due to low load. I must say Norwegian are one of the best for delivering quick and quality service. Compared to rival airlines, Norwegian really have improved over the years and are becoming big contenders in the aviation market. I was also impressed by the self service check in which made departure quick and easy! Would recommend to anyone considering them.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 July 2014 by E Clift    (UK)

Terrible service, delayed on tarmac at Gatwick for 45 mins, due to brake fault. Eventually took off to Faro, 2 hours into flight informed that because it had started raining there, we had to divert to Lisbon, which had a longer runway. On arrival told that buses have been organised for our onward trip to Faro. Nobody helped us, we were all stood in the terminal building for 2 hours. Norwegian could not get us off the plane quick enough. Mums wanted car seats for there children etc, yet again nobody wanted to know. The plane had the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in, do not use Norwegian, they have not got a clue about customer service.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Maria King    (UK)

11/06/14, DY2430. 18/06/14, DY2451. I flew with a group of girls to Grand Canaria last month. I was impressed with this airline. The staff were approachable, friendly, caring and above all professional. The food I ordered was excellent. The flight was good too. I would like to say I was worried initially but would definitely fly again with them. Their staff are a credit to the airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Dave Sorensen    (Denmark)

I flew JFK to Copenhagen on Dreamliner in March 2014 and it was great. My wife therefore booked a RT CPH-JFK in May 2014. Terrible. First off, they switched the Dreamliner aircraft for some antiquated charter aircraft from "Euro Atlantic Airways." The plane looked like a heap of junk. On the outbound flight, there was no sound for movies at her seat or the seats next to hers, and on the way back no entertainment system at all. They shrugged at her and gave her a standard meat meal when asked for the vegetarian meal she had ordered in advance and paid 42 dollars for each way (42x2). No pillows, no blankets. Why would Norwegian Airlines want to throw its reputation away like this?

Norwegian Customer review :  4 July 2014 by H Larson    (USA)

We booked Norwegian back in February to fly from LAX to Nice, via Copenhagen, on May 15 returning June 7. One reason we chose the carrier was for the Dreamliner service on the 10 hour flight to Europe and we decided, after adding on all the extra charges, to take the plunge and go for the Premium seats. I can't really say how bad 'Norwegian Air' was as we never flew them, except for the leg from Copenhagen to Nice. Instead of the Dreamliner, we ended up on a Portuguese charter 777 run by Euro Atlantic Airways. We got nothing, the antiquated system on this plane didn't work. When was the last time you had an ashtray in your armrest? The food was inedible - even for airline food. The crew were on the verge of hostile and the seats were worn and uncomfortable. You couldn't even get a pillow! On our return flight, we had the same experience (except the crew were a bit friendlier). I would never recommend this carrier.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Laseen    (USA)

Norwegian Oakland - Stockholm with Premium Class on June 14th, Dreamliner Boeing 787. Smooth check in at Oakland airport using faster lane, comfortable seats and friendly Thai crew. Left and arrived on schedule. Service was fine, and food equivalent to Premium Economy. Two meals included was average, I bought snacks later since I was still hungry. Only one wine or beer beverage included (except for small cognac with coffee), otherwise alcoholic drinks are extra for remainder of flight. Entertainment system just OK, only around 10 recent movies, most options are re-runs. Still a decent value considering the non-stop flight and that Business Class on other airlines costs around $1,000 more.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Laseen    (USA)

Norwegian from Stockholm Arlanda to Oakland on June 28th with Premium Class. Arlanda check-in for Norwegian Airlines was disorganized and overcrowded. There was no Premium check-in line at Stockholm airport as there was at Oakland airport. Baggage self check-in was not available for passengers traveling to the U.S, but this was not clearly displayed so I wasted 30 minutes waiting in line for self-check only to have to stand in the much longer line with ground crew afterwards. Dreamliner Boeing 787 is a comfortable, quiet and well-designed aircraft and hopefully they can master the technical issues that seem to come up more often than on other Boeing aircraft. Friendly Thai crew, food was good but only one wine or beer beverage (except for small cognac with coffee), any cocktails and snacks after were extra (had some issues with sliding the credit card for payment). Entertainment just OK with only a few new movies and mostly re-runs. I would not expect Business Class perks but overall a good value given the non-stop flight and Premium Class costing around $1,000 less than competing airlines' Business Class.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Gonzalo Ayza    (Spain)

Lisbon to Oslo, 25 June, flight number DY1787. It was below expected, even for a low cost. Flight was delayed more than an hour. We ordered drinks which they took more than half an hour to be delivered. Then we ordered a second time and the flight hostess indicated that we should go to the front and order there because she was too busy to help us. I mean its not free. We are paying customers and even for a low cost we deserve a little service.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by J Kevin    (USA)

I flew Norwegian flight 7002 from JFK to Oslo on June 22, in premium class, and found it to be an excellent value. My ticket was similar in price to a coach seat on any other airline, and yet it was much roomier and more comfortable, so that I was able to get several hours of sleep on the flight. I also found the flight attendants to be very helpful and attentive.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Kerpal Rakesh    (USA)

So many problems with this airline pretending to have a long-haul service. They are constantly using older "leased" aircraft even though they advertised the Boeing Dreamliner experience. When they do actually use the Dreamliner, any minor technical issue creates massive delays over several hours and a domino effect for days. Example, flt 7002 on 19 Jun delayed until past midnight due to late incoming aircraft! This happens every 2 weeks it seems, as I am a busy traveller to Europe. The website constantly has credit card problems even though on other airline sites my card works fine. Last but not least, a very confusing baggage policy. Most airlines to Europe offer at least 1 checked bag but Norwegian's "lower" fares do not make up for all these extra fees and complications. Norwegian, please do yourself a favor and do not play the long haul game. I will never recommend this long haul service to anyone.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Rosenlund    (Sweden)

DY7011 on 23 June, scheduled departure 17.45 from Copenhagen going to New York JFK, although it actually left at 18.10. Why would Norwegian Airlines throw away their great reputation (we've flown with them dozens of times and always enjoyed the experience) by the appalling service to NY from Copenhagen. I didn't notice that the flight was not operated by Norwegian but instead by a cheap charter company based in Portugal. I wonder how many people look at this sort of detail when they are booking a flight on an airline company website. Unless it is pointed out clearly, you assume if you are booking on Norwegian you will be flying to NY on a Dreamliner operated by Norwegian, with all their promises of clean aircraft, tasty food, free WiFi, etc. None of this is the case. The cost of the flight is not cheaper if it is a nightmare journey. Be advised. Check before booking.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 June 2014 by D Whalley    (USA)

LGW to DBV and return. My first experience of Norwegian. It was a good experience. The outward flight was delayed by over 30 mins due to the late arrival of one of the cabin crew. Return flight left early and landed early. Boarding for both flights was quick and efficient. I paid extra for front seats with extra leg room and felt it worth the additional cost. The overall cost was, however, still lower than other budget airlines. The seating was on a par with the best of rival budget airlines. Overall Norwegian appear to have a good product; aircraft that are relatively modern and comfortable and efficient staff. If they can maintain this quality I will use them again in preference to other airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 June 2014 by J Rose    (USA)

Traveled with them because they have direct connection LAX-CPH. Staff were friendly, but they served the worst food I have had. There was no inflight entertainment. Next time I think I'd rather spend 4-5 more hours and at least get something for my money, they weren't exactly cheap when all the extra charges were added up.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 June 2014 by J Williams    (USA)

Flew from FLL to Nice with a connection in Copenhagen on the way and Oslo on the return. The aircraft was clean and roomy, the staff were nice and helpful. The meals were not the best, but not awful as some comments say. For a long flight, it was comfortable and a big selection of movies and music. The only unpleasant part was that in Oslo, they did not have any indication that there was no dining and shopping once you passed passport control, just a small overpriced snack bar. I would fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 June 2014 by D Smith    (USA)

On a June 10 flight from CPH-LAX we boarded a very run-down 777-200. The interior had ripped seat cushions, peeling wall panels, seats stuck in the recline position, and an awful smell. The IFE was extremely limited with small grainy screens and within 40 minutes of the 11 hour flight, one of the few lavatories was shut down due to the sink facet stuck to the on position. All the above can be somewhat expected with a low cost charter airline, however, what was must alarming was their flight attendants. On such a long flight, they only appeared in economy about every four hours. Of course they were present for the pre-flight speech and then reappeared about an hour later to "toss" box lunches to each passenger, then quickly pick up the trays (I say quickly because the majority of passengers took one bite and knew instinctively to not eat the meal). After that we did not see another FA for four hours. There was no drink service, but we saw many passengers going to the empty galley and figuring out how to open the cabinets searching for water bottles and soda. There were children running and playing tag in the aisles and around the lavatories. Our flight two weeks earlier on a Norwegian 787 from FLL-CPH was wonderful. Great service, free wine in economy (we did pay for the seat/luggage/meal package), and a nice IFE system. What a sad letdown to pay for a 787 ticket with a Norwegian Air crew, but then be switched to euroAtlantic on a rundown 777-200 with a uncaring flight crew.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 June 2014 by S Mahoney    (Denmark)

CPH-TLV-CPH. Guess I bought my ticket during a sale, prices were cheaper than any other A/L with stopovers etc. and flights were on time and indeed very comfortable. Staff also very friendly and attentive. Only hassle would be the outbound security and passport session at TLV with huge queues along the way, but that accounts for every airline I assume and is there for a reason! Found out their inflight magazine was worth reading, had small useful stories about their destinations and fun fact articles.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 June 2014 by W Allen    (UK)

Gatwick to Malaga return. We were really very impressed with this airline. Plane was very clean, comfortable seats and lots of leg room. Crew were pleasant and helpful. Checking in was so quick and easy. Would definitely use Norwegian again. Well done.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Barbara Ellis    (UK)

My families second return flight this year. Experience was on time, very pleasant cabin crew, loads of legroom (I flew Thomas Cook last month - so cramped) good information during flight - just brilliant. Flight from Malaga, Sunday at 7.30.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Tom Suskatan    (Canada)

I recently flew from the States to Northern Europe using Norwegian Air. The whole trip was miserable. It started off with a 5 hour delay trying to get out of the States and ended up with my return flight home being operated by HiFly. I am extremely annoyed with Norwegian Air and the fact that I was forced to fly HiFly back to the States. HiFly certainly does not have the "newest fleet in Europe" and offers subpar service. After complaining about my experience with HiFly to my Norwegian Air rep he explained that it was common for Norwegian Air to use this company cause Norwegian Air does not have enough jets and often runs into trouble with delays and cancellations. He went on to inform me the fact that I had food on my HiFly flight made me "lucky" as he often gets complaints that HiFly doesn't even serve water on its flights, even the "long-haul" flights. Norwegian Air is not a company I plan on using again.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 June 2014 by E Grosen    (Denmark)

I regularly fly from CPH to AMS. I normally choose SAS or Norwegian, because I think you get high value for money. Although KLM is cheaper, it's nice to fly with an airline that understands your language. A ticket from Norwegian to their many destinations is never an expensive affair, and I also feel like I get value for my money. They have nice, smiling cabin crew on most flights. They could offer a free sandwich and something to drink although I often fly short haul flights. I highly recommend Norwegian. You get a lot for your money! They have a lovely fleet of modern, spacious aircraft's.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Christian Folke    (Sweden)

The Dreamliner experience is apparently switched to a 1980's EuroAtlantic experience. Old tatty aircraft with no resemblance to a modern aircraft. The food is disgusting, still you pay a hefty price for it when booking. Better to actually buy food in a cafe or restaurant at the airport and bring it with on the flight. Seriously, this not a beginning to a vacation, flying long haul on Norwegian is like a 12h prison sentence. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Martin Jensen    (Norway)

Oslo to Fort Lauderdale, April 2014 and JFK to Oslo, May 2014. Traveled with baby and toddler on economy class. Everything went smooth. Dreamliner was very pleasant for a long trip. Food was good and staff were helpful and attentive. Best long haul experience yet (out of many). And very affordable.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Adrian Mullane    (USA)

A classic bait and switch move by Norwegian. I booked a r/t flight (LAX-CPN-LAX) on Norwegian back in December and a few weeks back they text me to tell me that my flight in late May would be operated by EuroAtlantic airways. It was with an all Portuguese crew in an old Boeing 777. No inflight entertainment on either leg. Well, unless you count 2 Audi channels featuring Latin music. I too paid extra for "nice and tasty menu" which was neither nice, or tasty. Everyone got the same meal so don't bother paying up for that. Also, sure to bring your own movies. By the time Norwegian told me about the switch it was too late to get a good price on another airline. Buyer beware!

Norwegian Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Johannes Graupner    (Sweden)

Copenhagen to JFK on 16th May 2014. After booking tickets on the Dreamliner aircraft which they promote, we ended up on a flight operated by EuroAtlantic with no inflight entertainment whatsoever. Total confusion when the meals were delivered. Choice of preferred meals was the worst I have got on a flight even compared to TWA back in the 80s. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 May 2014 by A Andersson    (Norway)

JFK-ARN-OSL. The "new fresh vibrant Norwegian long distance flights that will revolutionise air travel" is in fact the worse travel experience I have ever had. Service is so poor along with their prepaid food and drinks and snacks are so overpriced. I said never again on the way there but now when I have returned it is never ever again.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 May 2014 by E Furner    (UK)

Super flight to and from Split, Croatia. Comfy, clean plane. Polite, professional cabin crew. Pilots on both flights executed smooth landings. Will look to fly with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 May 2014 by A Arora    (UK)

Gatwick-Malaga. It was a nice clean aircraft equipped with strong wifi. First time in life we were taking calls on board. The check in process was not organized at Malaga which they need to improve. The online check is not available at Malaga which resulted in long queues.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 May 2014 by G Swarray    (Norway)

I travelled with Norwegian last year from Stavanger to Gatwick. My flight experience was great, good service and the best of all Free Wifi. This is the best airline i ever have travelled with. Norwegian is much better than SAS and it is cheaper.

Norwegian Customer review :  20 May 2014 by V Hawkwood    (UK)

Gatwick-Las Palmas return. For the second year running flew to Gran Canaria and not disappointed. Speedy and hassle free check in both ways. Flights on time with friendly professional cabin crew and informative captain. Would not consider using any of the other low cost airlines and have already booked to fly Norwegian again in August for the same trip.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Gerard Ward    (UK)

LGW-Trondheim. Flying Norwegian does not seem like a low cost airline compared to UK low-cost airlines. A very modern fleet and very good cabin crew staff made the flight to Trondheim a pleasure. Amazing value of fare and additional bags etc. were at a very reasonable price. Also Free Wifi.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Oliver Patterson    (UK)

Flew Norwegian for a break Gatwick to Barcelona, compared to the British operators EasyJet and Ryanair, Norwegian fared better, in comparison. The fares were low, aircraft the 737-800 good legroom, good professional service from elegant cabin crew, can't this airline expand its network out of LGW I found it top of its game all-round for the short haul budget sector!

Norwegian Customer review :  12 May 2014 by P Hillier    (UK)

I use Norwegian a lot, Gatwick to Arlanda on business. On Friday 9th May, the return flight on the Dreamliner was delayed for 7 hours. Disappointing, but great customer service in Arlanda. They recovered my checked in baggage and arranged an earlier flight, only 25mins after original departure time. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Cabin staff always attentive and professional. As usual, the whole process was great. Well done Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Mary Briggs    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Tenerife, 27 Apr 2014 returning 6 May 2014. First time with this airline. Excellent. Only drawback: online boarding pass not available to print off, and having only hand luggage, we had to queue at the check in desks. Hopefully, this will change in the near future.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 May 2014 by V Russell    (UK)

We flew in March for a trip from London to Sweden. The flight back was delayed 6 hrs and 49 mins due to a technical problem with the plane, which meant that we waited at Arlanda airport until 4am for a flight that was supposed to leave around 9pm. Norwegian refused to pay for a hotel during the delay, and only gave us a voucher for about £15 each for dinner. The staff were beyond unhelpful. Information was only given when you dragged it out of them. I will never be flying with this airline again.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Mark Evans    (UK)

LGW-SPU one-way, my first time on Norwegian. Punctual departure, excellent seat comfort, a competitive fare, easy boarding arrangements and good in-flight service combined to make this a superior budget carrier experience. Highly recommended.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 May 2014 by T Anderson    (UK)

Flew to Fort Lauderdale on 4 April in the Dreamliner, chose to fly premium class as we thought it was excellent value. We were not disappointed. Seats very comfortable service was good food as good as most. Can't praise Boeing enough for this plane.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Victor Shannon    (Spain)

Flew LGW to BCN on April 20. It was the cheapest on this date, and due to it being a low-cost airline I never imagined it was going to be so good. Departure on time, really nice crew at Gatwick and onboard. The aircraft was just months old and fitted with the new Sky Interior, which does add a sense of spaciousness to the cabin. Only drawback is we had to wait on the plane for 30 minutes upon landing due to a ground crew problem. Will definitely fly again with them.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 April 2014 by C Flynn    (Ireland)

I flew from London Gatwick airport to Bergen in Norway. The entire experience was a pleasure. The website was easy to use and well planned and set out. Checking in at Gatwick was a case of a bag and drop using new scanning technology. A number of helpful uniformed staff were at hand to help those not used to the technology. I shall add that the boarding process was well managed and some very nice cabin crew assisted an elderly couple and a young dad with a baby. The inflight service was suitable for the flight of 1 hour and 50 minutes. The Captain made regular announcements and was very well spoken and welcoming. Norwegian Airlines is a credit to Norway. I hope to use this airline again in the near future.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Greta Garden    (Norway)

Flight from BGO to CPH is a very short flight, only about 1 hour. Plane was a brand new 737-800 with free wifi. One could buy snacks and drinks, which is OK when keeping in mind one paid not too much for the ticked. Cabin crew friendly. Arrived at destination 5 mins before schedule.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Craig Shiel    (Australia)

Oslo to JFK on 10th April 2014. After booking tickets on the Dreamliner aircraft which they promote, we ended up on an old airbus which was dreadful to say the least. Norwegian held this fact back about the aircraft until the last minute. It was overbooked which caused a huge problem. They tried to offer an inducement of 200 euros which not many people went for. Therefore people we made to take a flight the next day. These people had bags already checked in and these had to be taken off the flight before we took off. This took time and in the process a panel door on the a/c was damaged. Overall it was over 2 hours before we took off. In this time we were sat on the plane without even being offered water. During the flight which was operated by hifly crew who seemed out of their depth. There was an old entertainment system but no headsets. The WI Fi was non existent. Therefore we watched and did nothing for 8 hours. The food which I pre-bought never came, and we had no choice of what was eventually given. My seat was broken. In a nutshell don't fly with Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 April 2014 by K Loughane    (UK)

Flew with Norwegian for a week to Gran Canaria and couldn't fault the flight at all. Check-in at Gatwick was very efficient and quick and was impressed with the leg room onboard. All staff were very friendly and helpful especially the cabin crew on DY2431 on Wednesday 9th April. Will definitely fly again.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 April 2014 by T Shant    (USA)

LAX-CPH-LAX on a B787-8. Service at check-in was good and fast, but service on the aircraft (on both flights) was horrible, as they only pay attention to the people who ordered food in advance. Even thought the service was horrible, the aircraft was very clean and new and had reduced jetlag because of the air of the aircraft. Even though the snacks were really good, the food that you can order in advance (which my partner ordered) was very disgusting, affecting the score for food to 3 stars (out of 5). Also, the IFE system was really nice since it had a cool 3D map and a lot of fun games. Even though service was horrible, the value was great at a price of under $700 making Norwegian a great airline to fly on international flights. I definitely recommend Norwegian to everyone.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Elad Elraj Rep    (Norway)

Bangkok - Oslo, 1 Apr 2014, old Airbus, no entertainment, bad service, crew did not speak English. Had to wait for 4-5 hours with no AC and no water. Worst flight experience ever! Over 40 hours waiting!

Norwegian Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Angela Taylor    (UK)

Gatwick to Lanzarote, 21st march and returned 28th March, flight number DY2438 and DY2439. Fantastic flight recently with Norwegian. On time, no hassle, arrived at destination early, great staff, brilliant airline! I'm never travelling with anyone else again!

Norwegian Customer review :  29 March 2014 by M Waters    (Norway)

Oslo-Stavanger, DY534/536, 24 Jan 2014. Excellent low cost carrier, reliable, great staff, aircraft and systems inland, good on most outland routes. I would say they are "Premium" Budget and cant really be lumped in with the hideous mega budget lines like Ryanair and Easyjet.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 March 2014 by B Lougheed    (Sweden)

Have flown with Norwergian regularly for 5 years. Cabin is good and clean. Free WiFi. On time. Good prices. Ground crew contractors used outside of Norwegian bases Scandinavia generally lets the whole experience down. Due to traffic, I arrived at Amsterdam Schiphol airport check-in desk 35 minutes before departure with only carry-on luggage. The flight had not started boarding yet, the line at security (which was adjacent to and could be seen from the check-in desk) only had two people in it. The gate was immediately after security, i.e. not a long walk. Despite all this, the representative at the check-in desk (from Menzies aviation) refused to print me a boarding pass, bluntly stating that I should have been at the check-in desk 45 minutes before departure time. I wasn't even given the chance to catch the flight which I had paid for. Very poor customer service. So had to fork out 150 euros for a last-minute train ticket and spend the night on a train travelling across Europe. Won't be flying Norwegian again until they use better ground staff at airports outside of Scandinavia.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Rosemary Latter    (UK)

My husband, myself and 2 friends have just returned from a trip to Tenerife flying with Norwegian air, we travel often and we were so impressed with the service and efficiency of the Airline the staff being so helpful and friendly, we will recommend them to all our family and friends.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Pedersen    (Norway)

Flew with British Airways to LA from Oslo via London and Norwegian Air from La to Oslo via Stockholm. Norwegian has brand new airplanes, i.e. the Dreamliner, with more comfortable seats than British Airways. The Dreamliner is faster than older type airplanes (approx. half an hour saved) from LA to Europe and the prices offered by Norwegian are much better than those of their competitors. It should thus be a no-brainer to choose Norwegian Air the next time.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Arda Isildar    (Netherlands)

I booked a couple of flights from Amsterdam to Oslo and Oslo to Tromso, and return to Amsterdam from Tromso (via Oslo). The flight was delayed 1 hour 35 minutes and I missed our connecting flight to Amsterdam, thus had to take the flight the next day. Upon the notification of a delay (initially for an hour, which ended up being 1 hour and 30 minutes) on the display screen in Tromso airport, I had no choice but despair. Unfortunately, all the effort to change the flight and book an earlier flight was turned down. It was very disappointing to hear that the situation was helpless and there is nothing that Norwegian could do. Last but not the least, the lack enthusiasm from staff to help me solve the problem was particularly frustrating.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 March 2014 by I Surrey    (UK)

LGW-BCN, 25 Feb 2014 and return 27th. As per some of the reviews on here they seem to employ camp guards at LGW viz customer service staff on the LGW desks. Saw people subjected to repacking and forced checking of bags that were easily well in limits "just because I say so". Terrible attitude at the desk, the worst I've come across by ground staff at any airport. Had my passport flung back at me literally. The flight staff are great. Aircraft seats and wifi free all good. Arrived early both ways. BCN check in staff fine. LGW staff give a poor impression of the whole operation. That said I have just had 5 of seven flights with them retimed in the last 24 hours ex LGW.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LGW-TFS return on a B737-800. Left LGW about 20 minutes late due to the removal of a problem female passenger and baggage, at 6.30 in the morning. Crew good both ways. Had seats in row 1 so plenty of leg room, seats are quite hard. Return flight on time.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 February 2014 by A Wilson    (Norway)

BKK-OSL-BKK, DY7201, 19 Oct. DY7202, 3 Nov. Never again. The "premium cabin" had 5 seats sold in it the day before. Come boarding time they had filled the cabin by upgrading economy passengers. I don't have a big problem with this but come the meal service time the FAs made it easy on themselves by just handing out economy meals to everyone. The breakfast was an alleged premium product but was unfortunately the worst airline food, stale does not begin to describe the pain au chocolat. Not at all impressed with the fancy windows that don't black out properly on the Dreamliner. For the same price as premium economy with Norwegian I've since flown Emirates and Qatar business out and economy back and find that to be much better value.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Nath Ayushman    (UK)

LGW to ARN. The flight was brilliant compared to the likes of easy jet and Ryanair with very nice recaro leather seats on a 737-800 and everything was very smooth. The free wifi included a flight tracker so you could see where your pointing speed and onwards. Overall it was a very nice flight and I highly recommend flying Norwegian airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Neil McCubbin    (Canada)

Flight JFK to Tromso. Left about 6 hours late due to snowstorm. All short haul and about 60% of Transatlantic cancelled that day, so I reckon Norwegian did well. Rebooked me on later flight to Tromso. I paid the $75 extra for a free bag (value about $50) a seat reservation and a meal. Not bad value, although food was mediocre. Seat not as comfortable as I had hoped, but price was well below half any competitive airline, and 35% of the best Expedia could offer. Very much a discount airline, but great value for money, and much more pleasant than Ryanair.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Glenn Biffen    (UK)

LGW to ALC: Excellent, no fuss, quick and easy check in. This experience was also matched by the boarding process and inflight service. Very good communication and friendly, approachable cabin crew. There was a screen and although no headphones, it certainly occupied you with something to visualise upon at least. Incredibly quick flight in lovely comfortable seats. Sat in row 1 with plenty of leg room. We have no problems with this airline and are looking at their long haul service.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 February 2014 by Alexander Rosario    (USA)

Flight 7002, scheduled Dec 29 2013 at 9.30pm, left January 1st 2014 at 9am. Flight 7001 left at 6pm on Jan 10th 2014. I understand how one can have a pleasant experience on the Dreamliner but that's not a credit to Norwegian, that's a credit to Boeing. Unfortunately, that is not always the case and since they are new planes they've had more than a few problems which one could consider as an opportunity for Norwegian to show some grace. They're not allied with any other airline so really hope they're on time and you don't have connecting flights with other airlines. They won't offer you any help. Their customer service is the worst if your flight is delayed or cancelled. You get the same smiling people who pretend to sympathize with you but that's it. Don't expect any compensation or help. My flight was delayed almost 3 days. I missed my connecting flight with another airline as a result. At the departure airport, JFK in NYC, they told me that they would put me on the next available Norwegian flight to my destination when I arrived in Oslo. When I got to Oslo they said I would have to buy another ticket because I was then traveling with another airline. This is despite the fact they were the reason I missed my flight. Also, they don't offer water on the planes on long hauls.

Norwegian Customer review :  10 February 2014 by T Gram    (USA)

I have held up on writing a review to allow Norwegian the opportunity to get the growing pains out of the way. I expect less quality and comfort since it's a discount airline, but Boeing Dreamliner is more like a nightmare than a dream. Four separate trips in six month (8 total legs, 8 delays). Premium business is a joke. Only advantage is larger seat. Check-in with Norwegian nationals is unpleasant due to their rude nature. The staff are uninformed and do not care to inform re delays. I got to say that even as an experienced traveler I'm beginning to think that the major carriers have a point when they question the safety of Norwegians fleet.

Norwegian Customer review :  10 February 2014 by C Schjorring    (USA)

Copenhagen to Fort Lauderdale with the Dreamliner to get a direct flight to Florida. Perfect airplane with really high comfort and I was just as rested as would normally be flying business. Check-in in Copenhagen was smooth and pleasant even without my normal privileges as a K1 member of United. But here the good part of the story ends. The advertising says free wi-fi onboard but the only thing I got was some "no sir, sorry sir" from a crew who barely spoke English and were constantly talking between each other. The food was pretty bland and I had to ask for my pre-paid food several times before I got it - I did wait another 45 min than my son - not so nice. Barely any water during the flight which should be complementary on any long haul flights, but not here. Landing in Fort Lauderdale was a disaster, and even after the long wait in immigration there where no luggage and none from Norwegian to help. Never will I fly with Norwegian and despite the comfort of non stop, I would rather spend 4 hours waiting in Dulles and that says a lot!

Norwegian Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Tony Goodwin    (Spain)

Flew on 8th Feb 2014 from Gatwick to Alicante. Slight delay at first but got to check in and everybody had there hand luggage taken from them even though they were correct size for cabin baggage. No ifs or buts you had to put it in the hold even though not locked or labelled try to explain this was not acceptable as did most of the other passengers but got met with you have no choice take it or leave it. As it took so long taking every bodies hand luggage from them we were delayed even further. To add insult to injury they allowed the late passengers on with any size bag. The plane took off with the overhead lockers almost empty. First time with this airline and also the last lots of other passengers said they would never fly with them again. It was totally unnecessary and made Ryanair look like British airways.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Steini Pé    (Iceland)

Oslo to Bangkok. I had bought a flight down to Phuket which was 5 hours after arrival giving me enough time to switch airports, but they had technical difficulties with the plane so delayed our flight. Supposed to leave at 2.20pm but instead they set it at 7pm, which they altered to 8pm and again to 9pm. They decided to board passengers, only to realize we would sit in that plane for 1.5 hrs more. During the entire delay they compensated passengers with 10€ coupon? It was barely enough for a drink and a sandwich. We finally take off, but to my surprise I find out that you have to buy the headphones and even the blanket on this 11 hour flight. I found it quite shocking that there was no meals on this long trip. I would have to buy it from a Snack Shop on the passenger seat monitor, but I would not be able to do so until everyone else has eaten that pre-ordered hot meals. This was not a very pleasant flight and I will not be flying with them again. Luckily for me I only bought the ticket to my destination and have yet to order the ticket back home.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Flynn Justin    (Australia)

LGW-CPH-LGW. Check in at Gatwick via kiosk in very much of a rush as I was running late. Boarded just on time for an on-time departure at 8.45am. Flight only 80 mins and left on time. Cabin Crew service fine and I paid an extra 6 pounds each way for 1st row seat, which was worth it. Had the breakfast pack for inflight service for what amounted to AUS$13 and though it was reasonable value. Return flight through immigration security at CPH and left pretty much on time at 7pm the same day. Wanted to buy a sandwich and a beer for 108 kroner and wanted to pay with cash (I had the exact change) but alas, they only take credit card. Flight time announced be the captain was 105 mins, but ended up only being about 90 mins. Seat 1C both ways was OK with extra legroom for the extra price. Cabin crew functional. On time, which was good. Would fly again.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 January 2014 by N Kuisma    (Finland)

HEL-LGW-AGP-CPH-HEL. First time with Norwegian. Check-in at Helsinki very pleasant and rapid. Boarding quite chaotic in every flight, I was in the last rows (since I bought my ticket from an agency). So it was slow and it seemed like your co-flyers hadn't ever seen an airplane before since they just couldn't do anything fast or smart. Flight comfort and seat were quite okay, wifi worked on 50% of the flights. Anyway, Norwegians concept seems to work and they do their part really well. It was an interesting trip, but not my favourite.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 January 2014 by D Kaffo    (UK)

My Wife and I flew with Norwegian to Lanzarote, excellent check in and departure. On the return flight we were delighted to have a female pilot, first time ever. The staff were brilliant, we will definitely fly with them again. Would have been nicer if free Tea/Coffee were served as the beverages were rather expensive. But all in all a wonderful experience free WIFI is a definite crowd puller.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 January 2014 by G Underwood    (UK)

LGW-ACE. We flew out on 28/12/2013 to spend New Year in the sun. The journey out was on a 737-800 which had been retro fitted with the new Dreamliner interior, it was smart and modern looking. We departed on time and was kept well informed during the flight from the flight deck. On the return journey the plane had a pre-retro fit and so looked more worn. Again the flight deck kept us well informed. The return was quite bumpy due to turbulence. The cabin crew were friendly both ways and I could hear them reassuring people on the return leg that were nervous of the turbulence. The prices onboard are in my view higher than other airlines, but for the price you pay to travel with them I suppose they have to make the money back other ways. I am due to fly with them again in September from LGW-JFK and on the whole I'm looking forward to travelling with them again. Only down side from me is that the on demand films cannot be watched on the Samsung galaxy tab 2 though I was able to view the internet on the free Wi- Fi.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Jimmy James    (USA)

Jan 6th 2014, ARN-JFK, DY7005 Dreamliner is exactly that, still a dream to me. 4 hours before the flight an SMS came to my phone stating that EuroAtlantic Airways had be contracted to carry us to JFK using Boeing 777 instead of the desired 787. No explanation was given for the change. The flight was to depart at 17.35 but it was delayed multiple times without proper explanation and finally took off at 23.00. Boeing 777 seats were OK but the more than 50% of the IFE seat back screen was inoperative. Luck would have it mine was cold and dark. Two meals were served but quality was poor. Portuguese based staff were fair in service. Even though I have read good reviews on short hauls using Boeing 737-800 but Long haul to the States a different story. Thumbs down to Norwegian Long Haul.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Kurt B Portnoff    (Sweden)

Dec 26 from Arlanda to Fort Lauderdale with Dreamliner. Normal boarding but 2.5 hours delayed start due to technical issues, sitting in the plane without any refreshments. Poor service and the meal was poorer than can be expected during this type of flight. Return trip from Fort Lauderdale to Arlanda on January 4 also with delays. No information was shared to the public until this was requested by people waiting. My preferred choice of meal was out of stock so I got an alternative choice which was the worst I have got on a flight. Some confusion when the meals were delivered. The plane as such is comfortable and gives opportunities for interactive entertainment but don't buy any of the services provided on board.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Kai Matuschewski    (Germany)

SXF-OSL return. A wonderful experience in brand new 737s both ways. Attentive staff, fun entertainment, on time, and excellent value for money. No longer Europe's best kept secret, but certainly my no.1 choice for budget trips.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Helge Rognaas    (Norway)

Flew from Oslo to Bangkok on 16/11/2013 and returned 5/12/2013 without any problems. A pleasure to fly with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Jimmy James    (USA)

Dec 23, 2013 on DY7006 from JFK-ARN. 12 hours before the flight I got an SMS saying that the the Boeing 787 Dreamliner was not available and a contractor of Norwegian Air was hired instead to fly us to ARN. The contractor was Portugal based EuroAtlantic Airlines. No explanation was given as to the reason why this change was made. Upon arrival at the check-in desk at JFK the flight was delayed 2 hours. After baggage and boarding card check-in the flight was delayed further by another hour. The check-in staff at Gate 9, JFK Term 1, was poor in control and procedure in the boarding process. Then another half hour delay citing inbound aircraft late arrival. EuroAtlantic operated a Boeing 767. Seated were tight in Economy in 2-5-2 configuration. Inflight entertainment were the blank white wall of the bulkhead. Even though the aircraft were fitted with the 1980s tri colour projector system but no shows were offered. Audio system were non operative either. The $70 I paid to Norwegian for Tasty Meal, 20Kg Baggage and Seat Choice were unsatisfactory as the two meals offered were poor. Lets hope the return flight my dream will be realized of flying the Dreamliner.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Torstein Storækre    (Norway)

Flew from Stockholm to New York in their premium class. The Dreamliner is better than any other plane I have flown with large windows, pleasant air in the cabin and nice lighting. The cabin crew were all very friendly (all Thai). The seats are comfortable although nothing special. The business class product clearly inferior to the business product with network carriers. Food and drinks ok and free. IFE good, but limited choice. Flight on time. I saved around $1,500 compared with business class at SAS / United. I will fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 December 2013 by C Rudbeck    (Sweden)

Flew Norwegian's 787 "Dreamliner" Premium Economy from Fort Lauderdale to Stockholm. In spite of the teething problems one reads about, our flight exceeded all expectations. Boeing has developed an aircraft with cabin altitude pressure and lighting seems to diminishes discomfort and jetlag. Seats were more comfortable (foot/leg rests) than many other airlines' business class seats. The service by all Thai flight attendants was superb.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 December 2013 by G T'to    (USA)

I was scheduled to fly on the Norwegian flight to Stockholm from Ft Lauderdale on Dec 21. That flight was canceled due to an aircraft problem. The flight was rescheduled for the 22nd at 12.00 which would get us to Stockholm at 3.30 in the morning. To make a very long story short, the flight was canceled at 5.30 and it now looks like we will be leaving at 2 in the morning! The staff were friendly enough but no one knew what was going on and we were poorly informed. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  23 December 2013 by David Fisher    (Thailand)

Norwegian long haul never again. My flight from Bkk to Stockholm Arlanda was cancelled after a 12 hour wait at the airport. Very bad customer service for information and I had to call many times to Norway until I got answers about my onward journey. No representative at hotel and no message sent to phone or email until the day after. Had to spend 1 night and 1 day at hotel waiting eventually I was found a seat with Lufthansa via Frankfurt. I will never use this company again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8