Norwegian Passenger Reviews and Norwegian Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Norwegian Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Joel Tinker    (USA)

Supposed to fly out on July 23rd from LAX to Gatwick. Once on the flight I thought not bad seats, entertainment is ok, then they announce that the flight will be delayed. We sat for another 2 hours without food or drink. Then 4 hours had passed, people were requesting to get off the plane. After 5 hours on the plane they announced that everyone had to exit the plane and wait in the airport for further instructions. They started announcing that the flight would be delayed until later in the evening the following day. I received a text the next morning saying the flight would be at 5pm, around noon the flight changed again until 8 pm. Arriving back at the airport, the flight was delayed a half hour. Show up to the gate for boarding time around 7.30 pm and no plane. 3 hours later the flight is cancelled again. Staff were unfriendly. Do not fly this airline no matter what the saving is.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Ossi Vuorenmaa    (Finland)

We flew Helsinki-Paris Orly-Helsinki, 18-23 July. We knew this is a low cost airline and all extras must be paid for. We had some drinks and snacks which all were very good, well worth the money. The seat comfort ok, legroom as in other short haul airlines we have flown with. The planes were modern B737-800, free wifi was offered but we did not use, neither did we use the inflight entertainment available on overhead screens. Outbound leg smack on time, homebound 40 mins late on departure, 20 mins on arrival. Boarding in Paris was quite chaotic. Everybody, incl a lot of families tried to board at same time with no queue. Norwegian did not offer online check-in on these flights.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Lynn Sacks    (UK)

Flew yesterday London Gatwick to LAX. Had never flown Norwegian before and never will again. Seats in economy smaller than normal. Unless you pre-order food (which we didn't) you are left with a limited choice of a limited selection of horrible snacky foods to purchase. Make sure you pack food before you come on. Had to return two purchases because they were stale. Feeling a little chilly from the ac? Well you will have to purchase a blanket as well as headphones. Oh, and I got stuck in the toilet, as did two other people sitting near me. The staff are always smiling which I'm sure is to make up for everything else that is lacking. Longest 11.5 hrs of my life. Never again!

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by M Grafton    (USA)

I was recently stranded in Stockholm when our trip was cancelled on an overseas Stockholm-Oakland trip. My biggest complaint is the way the Norwegian Air staff continued to lie to us about the "problem", not telling us that the reason we were not flying was because of a dangerous technical fault in the plane. We got a variety of answers such as AC failure to a software problem. Our plane kept getting delayed later and later even though they could have told us much earlier in the day so that we could have found flights on other airlines. Delayed by over 28 hours. Additionally the overseas planes don't have wifi and is falsely advertised on their website as well as incorrectly told over the phone by the Norwegian staff. I would advise everyone to not fly with Norwegian air.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Olsen Kent    (USA)

Booked premium class seat on flights to and from Europe on the new Dreamliner. Tiny side note about the Dreamliner, why do they need to automate everything? What was wrong with pull down window shades? They have this automatic dimmer thing that doesn't work. Bathrooms are fancy and unusable. Flight out was fair. Premium class gets you a bigger seat, but do not expect much more than that. Small meal comes in a box. If you want a snack or extra soda, be prepared to pay for it. I bought a box of chips which cost me $3.00 for a tiny little bag. Flight home to Oakland was where it really broke down. Arrived at the Stockholm airport (ARN) 4 hours ahead of my departure time of 16.30. I was notified at check in that the flight was delayed two hours. Sat at the airport waiting. They then added more delay time and presented everyone with meal vouchers. 100 Swedish Kroner. Sounds like a lot until you go to buy something. Finally, after checking the website for Norwegian I noticed they still hadn't changed the status of the flight and showed it leaving on time. I walked over to the counter where I learned that the flight was cancelled. No notice, no announcement. Nothing. So I do as instructed by the women in charge and collect my luggage and find the counter where they are giving out vouchers for hotels. They inform me that the flight will be delayed until 18.30 the following day! No other flights are available as it is too late. I collect another 150 Kroner voucher (almost enough for 2 beers). I go to sleep and wake up to find out the flight is delayed again. The new time is now 20.30. So the bottom line is this. Norwegian knew the flight would be cancelled as the plane was still sitting in Los Angeles at the time I originally checked in. It didn't even leave LA until 2.00 the next morning! If they had told me then that the flight was cancelled I could have had a better chance of getting another flight.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Laura Cattell    (USA)

Just a follow up to the review on my Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick flight on July 7th. I returned on July 21st and had the same pleasant experience. The only downside to the return trip was the lunch was terrible which is an easy fix as in 'take your own'. I was in Premium and had a very comfortable flight. I was also fast tracked through security which is a big plus of a premium seat. Also Premium has a dedicated check in.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 July 2014 by S Hollenbeck    (USA)

My son and I flew no frills with carry-on, Oakland to Oslo on the Dreamliner. A little last minute, so the price wasn't phenomenal, but still the best around. Super fast flight - excellent plane. We were comfortable even in the middle of the middle.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 July 2014 by B Whitlock    (UK)

I have flown from LGW to Arlanda and return, both times I have been delayed 5 hours and then 6 hours. No information, all flights from London to Stockholm delayed. Never fly with Norwegian unless you can wait in an airport departure lounge. Once on board no refreshments and only one member of flight crew, no trolley service, nothing. In future I will fly Easyjet or Ryanair. Both are basic but at least they are on time.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 July 2014 by J Yeh    (USA)

Worst airline I have flown. Booked 787 round trip to Copenhagen from Los Angeles a few months ago, changed to old euro Atlantic 777 at the last minute. Plane was dirty, run down, despite paying for premium class seats. No movies, no working restrooms in front of plane. Will never fly Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Evans    (UK)

We travelled from LGW / Fuerteventura, 6/7/14 to 13/7/14. Probably the most comfortable seats on an aircraft that I have had and plenty of leg room. We were lucky in that both flights were not full so we had plenty of room to spread out. Both flights left on time and the return flight landed early. The cabin crew were very attentive and cheerful, especially outward bound.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Soomi Lunau    (Denmark)

Just flew from Tenerife South to Hamburg, Germany. Flight no. DY5366. The boarding was everyone at once instead of in sections. There was plenty of waiting time. The staff were unfriendly and hardly communicated with anyone. They didn't even bother to welcome us onboard! One had to pay for food and beverages. Just odd that flying to Tenerife from Hamburg a week earlier with Air Berlin, food and beverages were provided without extra costs. I did have to pay for a warm lunch onboard Air Berlin but everything else they provided we were not charged extra for. However on this flight, they came twice with their food and beverages wagon and before we could enjoy the paid beverage, they were asking us to return the empty cans and plastic glasses. Rushed and silly. The seats as you would expect on a low budget airline. Nothing fancy about the new fleet. The toilet was a total mess by the third hour into the flight. The staff didn't even bother to say goodbye when it was time to get off the five hour journey. If I can avoid Norwegian Airlines, I will do so with all my might!

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Greenne    (USA)

DUB-STK-OAK. 7/13/14. First leg of the trip was great because I had 3 leather seats to myself and slept the three hours to STK. It was a little difficult to figure out the connection gates (not the airlines fault). The flight went well except for the freezing cold plane, terrible veggie meals, and the screaming toddler. When my luggage arrives I will change my review.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Doug Powell    (UK)

We flew on the inaugural flight from London Gatwick to New York and then returned two weeks later. We thought the flight, the staff, the meals were all excellent and we would have no hesitation in flying again with Norwegian Air. Admittedly we did fly Premium Class, but again, feel the extra seat comfort - very wide and reclined so well that we were able to sleep on the return overnight flight - and excellent meals were well worth the extra expense.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 July 2014 by N Kaufman    (USA)

Booked flight on Dreamliner. They switched the flight on us to a heap of junk leased from Euroatlantic airways. Outbound was delayed 4 hours. Food was inedible, seat was broken, plane was dirty. Crew was clueless and gave inaccurate and conflicting information. One of the bathrooms broke down during the trip. No inflight entertainment. Changed our seats twice without telling us before the day of departure that we specifically chose for the added legroom on account of my height. Avoid.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by L Watson    (UK)

This is by the far the worst airline I have flown with. We were flying from Gatwick to Gran Canaria on the 4th of July 2014. We were meant to fly at 8.35am but the flight was delayed 2 hours which was fine. At 10.30 we went to the gate only to be told the flight was again delayed with no explanation to why just to wait for more information which was coming at 12.30. 12.30 became 12.50 and still no further forward on to what was going on. Finally at 1.30ish we got news that the flight was delayed as the plane was broken and they had to wait for another plane to take us to Las Palmas. They were hoping to get us boarded by 3pm. Got the call to go to the gate at 3 when we got on the plane we sat on the runway for 2 hours cause they had to wait for fuel. The staff were nice enough on the plane but by that point everyone on the flight was annoyed and irate after being delayed for 9 hours. It was meant to be the Dreamliner but of course it wasn't. Coming back we were delayed by 20 mins which was fine considering what we had entitled on the way there. If you get the Dreamliner it's a really nice plane with comfy seats and plenty leg room but I for one will never be flying with this company again. They may be cheap but frankly I would pay the extra to fly with someone else.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Lorri Bishop    (USA)

My friend and I flew Norwegian to Europe. The plane was dirty. The staff hardly ever showed their faces. The entertainment TV did not work and the wifi they offered did not even exist. The food was interesting. Our flight back from Europe was even worse. People gathered and sat in the middle of the plane to charge phones, laptops, iPads etc. The staff left all the drinks out on the counter for everyone to help themselves. Bad thing with that is they also leave out the alcohol for everyone to help themselves to free beer and wine. There were many men standing around getting drunk. Free alcohol is fine when it's served in moderation, especially on a plane. This is a disaster waiting to happen. The 1 good thing was the flight, the pilot did a a great job.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Camilla Petersson    (USA)

DY7042, FLL-CPH, June 15th, 2014. DY7041, CPH-FLL, July 9, 2014. I think the dreamliner was a good travel experience, flying from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen, despite a 1 hour delay in take off. The return from Copenhagen to Fort Lauderdale with a 787 was less of a pleasant experience, however, the worst was arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport. Horrendous in many ways, confusing and tiny passport hall, even worse was the baggage hall, no information, total confusion and a line to customs that wrapped around the baggage hall twice, yes twice! The ground personal I must say was nicer than the rest of the experience. Unfortunately never again, not due to the flying experience but the arrival experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Karen Jones    (Spain)

I travel regularly ALC-LGW and the only bad experience was my last flight which was delayed due to the French Air Traffic Control strike, which was no fault of the airline. Since I 'discovered' this low cost route, I always try to book with them. I particularly like the free wifi on board and the easy check in at Gatwick as no queues to check baggage in. The only drawbacks are that you can only check in online 24 hours prior to departure and that they do not fly as regularly from/to Alicante as they do from/to Malaga. Would like to see direct flights from Manchester too! Maybe that is pushing it a bit! No problems with the flight attendants, they have always been helpful and polite. Recommend them all the time now.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Laura Cattell    (USA)

I flew on July 7th from Ft Lauderdale to Gatwick. Flight was on time, no one at the airport at 9.30 pm so security was a breeze. Very efficient boarding, was in a premium seat which was comparable to other airlines business class. Lots of room, nice quiet flight and I did notice much less drying of nasal passages which normally affects me. The Dreamliner is a vast improvement on lighting etc. The food service which was included in premium was actually quite good. Good movie selection, really, there was nothing to moan about. Nice friendly flight attendant. There is no WiFi on international flights. This is a winner for me needing to travel between Ft L'dale and Gatwick four times a year.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 July 2014 by F Inna    (USA)

We selected Norwegian in the hope of flying a Dreamliner. It was a huge mistake! Our flight from LAX to CPH was delayed for 25 (twenty five!) hours. Instead of a Dreamliner we flew an old plane from Euro Atlantic Airways with really bad TV screens. After boarding the plane we spent an hour before it actually departed. Our flight back from CPH to LAX was on time, but again by Euro Atlantic Airways! In addition they lost our suitcase.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 July 2014 by H Piercey    (UK)

Flew with Norwegian to Lanzarote 30/6/14 - 7/7/14. Can honestly say have never been more impressed with any airline - Norwegian delivered 5 * service with free wifi and comfortable seats. This was my first experience with them, and will no doubt be my last. At Gatwick, we boarded as soon as the gate was called, which meant we left 30 mins early! Coming home, we left 20 mins early due to low load. I must say Norwegian are one of the best for delivering quick and quality service. Compared to rival airlines, Norwegian really have improved over the years and are becoming big contenders in the aviation market. I was also impressed by the self service check in which made departure quick and easy! Would recommend to anyone considering them.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 July 2014 by E Clift    (UK)

Terrible service, delayed on tarmac at Gatwick for 45 mins, due to brake fault. Eventually took off to Faro, 2 hours into flight informed that because it had started raining there, we had to divert to Lisbon, which had a longer runway. On arrival told that buses have been organised for our onward trip to Faro. Nobody helped us, we were all stood in the terminal building for 2 hours. Norwegian could not get us off the plane quick enough. Mums wanted car seats for there children etc, yet again nobody wanted to know. The plane had the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in, do not use Norwegian, they have not got a clue about customer service.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Maria King    (UK)

11/06/14, DY2430. 18/06/14, DY2451. I flew with a group of girls to Grand Canaria last month. I was impressed with this airline. The staff were approachable, friendly, caring and above all professional. The food I ordered was excellent. The flight was good too. I would like to say I was worried initially but would definitely fly again with them. Their staff are a credit to the airline.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Dave Sorensen    (Denmark)

I flew JFK to Copenhagen on Dreamliner in March 2014 and it was great. My wife therefore booked a RT CPH-JFK in May 2014. Terrible. First off, they switched the Dreamliner aircraft for some antiquated charter aircraft from "Euro Atlantic Airways." The plane looked like a heap of junk. On the outbound flight, there was no sound for movies at her seat or the seats next to hers, and on the way back no entertainment system at all. They shrugged at her and gave her a standard meat meal when asked for the vegetarian meal she had ordered in advance and paid 42 dollars for each way (42x2). No pillows, no blankets. Why would Norwegian Airlines want to throw its reputation away like this?

Norwegian Customer review :  4 July 2014 by H Larson    (USA)

We booked Norwegian back in February to fly from LAX to Nice, via Copenhagen, on May 15 returning June 7. One reason we chose the carrier was for the Dreamliner service on the 10 hour flight to Europe and we decided, after adding on all the extra charges, to take the plunge and go for the Premium seats. I can't really say how bad 'Norwegian Air' was as we never flew them, except for the leg from Copenhagen to Nice. Instead of the Dreamliner, we ended up on a Portuguese charter 777 run by Euro Atlantic Airways. We got nothing, the antiquated system on this plane didn't work. When was the last time you had an ashtray in your armrest? The food was inedible - even for airline food. The crew were on the verge of hostile and the seats were worn and uncomfortable. You couldn't even get a pillow! On our return flight, we had the same experience (except the crew were a bit friendlier). I would never recommend this carrier.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Laseen    (USA)

Norwegian Oakland - Stockholm with Premium Class on June 14th, Dreamliner Boeing 787. Smooth check in at Oakland airport using faster lane, comfortable seats and friendly Thai crew. Left and arrived on schedule. Service was fine, and food equivalent to Premium Economy. Two meals included was average, I bought snacks later since I was still hungry. Only one wine or beer beverage included (except for small cognac with coffee), otherwise alcoholic drinks are extra for remainder of flight. Entertainment system just OK, only around 10 recent movies, most options are re-runs. Still a decent value considering the non-stop flight and that Business Class on other airlines costs around $1,000 more.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Laseen    (USA)

Norwegian from Stockholm Arlanda to Oakland on June 28th with Premium Class. Arlanda check-in for Norwegian Airlines was disorganized and overcrowded. There was no Premium check-in line at Stockholm airport as there was at Oakland airport. Baggage self check-in was not available for passengers traveling to the U.S, but this was not clearly displayed so I wasted 30 minutes waiting in line for self-check only to have to stand in the much longer line with ground crew afterwards. Dreamliner Boeing 787 is a comfortable, quiet and well-designed aircraft and hopefully they can master the technical issues that seem to come up more often than on other Boeing aircraft. Friendly Thai crew, food was good but only one wine or beer beverage (except for small cognac with coffee), any cocktails and snacks after were extra (had some issues with sliding the credit card for payment). Entertainment just OK with only a few new movies and mostly re-runs. I would not expect Business Class perks but overall a good value given the non-stop flight and Premium Class costing around $1,000 less than competing airlines' Business Class.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Gonzalo Ayza    (Spain)

Lisbon to Oslo, 25 June, flight number DY1787. It was below expected, even for a low cost. Flight was delayed more than an hour. We ordered drinks which they took more than half an hour to be delivered. Then we ordered a second time and the flight hostess indicated that we should go to the front and order there because she was too busy to help us. I mean its not free. We are paying customers and even for a low cost we deserve a little service.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 July 2014 by J Kevin    (USA)

I flew Norwegian flight 7002 from JFK to Oslo on June 22, in premium class, and found it to be an excellent value. My ticket was similar in price to a coach seat on any other airline, and yet it was much roomier and more comfortable, so that I was able to get several hours of sleep on the flight. I also found the flight attendants to be very helpful and attentive.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Kerpal Rakesh    (USA)

So many problems with this airline pretending to have a long-haul service. They are constantly using older "leased" aircraft even though they advertised the Boeing Dreamliner experience. When they do actually use the Dreamliner, any minor technical issue creates massive delays over several hours and a domino effect for days. Example, flt 7002 on 19 Jun delayed until past midnight due to late incoming aircraft! This happens every 2 weeks it seems, as I am a busy traveller to Europe. The website constantly has credit card problems even though on other airline sites my card works fine. Last but not least, a very confusing baggage policy. Most airlines to Europe offer at least 1 checked bag but Norwegian's "lower" fares do not make up for all these extra fees and complications. Norwegian, please do yourself a favor and do not play the long haul game. I will never recommend this long haul service to anyone.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Rosenlund    (Sweden)

DY7011 on 23 June, scheduled departure 17.45 from Copenhagen going to New York JFK, although it actually left at 18.10. Why would Norwegian Airlines throw away their great reputation (we've flown with them dozens of times and always enjoyed the experience) by the appalling service to NY from Copenhagen. I didn't notice that the flight was not operated by Norwegian but instead by a cheap charter company based in Portugal. I wonder how many people look at this sort of detail when they are booking a flight on an airline company website. Unless it is pointed out clearly, you assume if you are booking on Norwegian you will be flying to NY on a Dreamliner operated by Norwegian, with all their promises of clean aircraft, tasty food, free WiFi, etc. None of this is the case. The cost of the flight is not cheaper if it is a nightmare journey. Be advised. Check before booking.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 June 2014 by D Whalley    (USA)

LGW to DBV and return. My first experience of Norwegian. It was a good experience. The outward flight was delayed by over 30 mins due to the late arrival of one of the cabin crew. Return flight left early and landed early. Boarding for both flights was quick and efficient. I paid extra for front seats with extra leg room and felt it worth the additional cost. The overall cost was, however, still lower than other budget airlines. The seating was on a par with the best of rival budget airlines. Overall Norwegian appear to have a good product; aircraft that are relatively modern and comfortable and efficient staff. If they can maintain this quality I will use them again in preference to other airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 June 2014 by J Rose    (USA)

Traveled with them because they have direct connection LAX-CPH. Staff were friendly, but they served the worst food I have had. There was no inflight entertainment. Next time I think I'd rather spend 4-5 more hours and at least get something for my money, they weren't exactly cheap when all the extra charges were added up.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 June 2014 by J Williams    (USA)

Flew from FLL to Nice with a connection in Copenhagen on the way and Oslo on the return. The aircraft was clean and roomy, the staff were nice and helpful. The meals were not the best, but not awful as some comments say. For a long flight, it was comfortable and a big selection of movies and music. The only unpleasant part was that in Oslo, they did not have any indication that there was no dining and shopping once you passed passport control, just a small overpriced snack bar. I would fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 June 2014 by D Smith    (USA)

On a June 10 flight from CPH-LAX we boarded a very run-down 777-200. The interior had ripped seat cushions, peeling wall panels, seats stuck in the recline position, and an awful smell. The IFE was extremely limited with small grainy screens and within 40 minutes of the 11 hour flight, one of the few lavatories was shut down due to the sink facet stuck to the on position. All the above can be somewhat expected with a low cost charter airline, however, what was must alarming was their flight attendants. On such a long flight, they only appeared in economy about every four hours. Of course they were present for the pre-flight speech and then reappeared about an hour later to "toss" box lunches to each passenger, then quickly pick up the trays (I say quickly because the majority of passengers took one bite and knew instinctively to not eat the meal). After that we did not see another FA for four hours. There was no drink service, but we saw many passengers going to the empty galley and figuring out how to open the cabinets searching for water bottles and soda. There were children running and playing tag in the aisles and around the lavatories. Our flight two weeks earlier on a Norwegian 787 from FLL-CPH was wonderful. Great service, free wine in economy (we did pay for the seat/luggage/meal package), and a nice IFE system. What a sad letdown to pay for a 787 ticket with a Norwegian Air crew, but then be switched to euroAtlantic on a rundown 777-200 with a uncaring flight crew.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 June 2014 by S Mahoney    (Denmark)

CPH-TLV-CPH. Guess I bought my ticket during a sale, prices were cheaper than any other A/L with stopovers etc. and flights were on time and indeed very comfortable. Staff also very friendly and attentive. Only hassle would be the outbound security and passport session at TLV with huge queues along the way, but that accounts for every airline I assume and is there for a reason! Found out their inflight magazine was worth reading, had small useful stories about their destinations and fun fact articles.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 June 2014 by W Allen    (UK)

Gatwick to Malaga return. We were really very impressed with this airline. Plane was very clean, comfortable seats and lots of leg room. Crew were pleasant and helpful. Checking in was so quick and easy. Would definitely use Norwegian again. Well done.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Barbara Ellis    (UK)

My families second return flight this year. Experience was on time, very pleasant cabin crew, loads of legroom (I flew Thomas Cook last month - so cramped) good information during flight - just brilliant. Flight from Malaga, Sunday at 7.30.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Tom Suskatan    (Canada)

I recently flew from the States to Northern Europe using Norwegian Air. The whole trip was miserable. It started off with a 5 hour delay trying to get out of the States and ended up with my return flight home being operated by HiFly. I am extremely annoyed with Norwegian Air and the fact that I was forced to fly HiFly back to the States. HiFly certainly does not have the "newest fleet in Europe" and offers subpar service. After complaining about my experience with HiFly to my Norwegian Air rep he explained that it was common for Norwegian Air to use this company cause Norwegian Air does not have enough jets and often runs into trouble with delays and cancellations. He went on to inform me the fact that I had food on my HiFly flight made me "lucky" as he often gets complaints that HiFly doesn't even serve water on its flights, even the "long-haul" flights. Norwegian Air is not a company I plan on using again.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 June 2014 by E Grosen    (Denmark)

I regularly fly from CPH to AMS. I normally choose SAS or Norwegian, because I think you get high value for money. Although KLM is cheaper, it's nice to fly with an airline that understands your language. A ticket from Norwegian to their many destinations is never an expensive affair, and I also feel like I get value for my money. They have nice, smiling cabin crew on most flights. They could offer a free sandwich and something to drink although I often fly short haul flights. I highly recommend Norwegian. You get a lot for your money! They have a lovely fleet of modern, spacious aircraft's.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Christian Folke    (Sweden)

The Dreamliner experience is apparently switched to a 1980's EuroAtlantic experience. Old tatty aircraft with no resemblance to a modern aircraft. The food is disgusting, still you pay a hefty price for it when booking. Better to actually buy food in a cafe or restaurant at the airport and bring it with on the flight. Seriously, this not a beginning to a vacation, flying long haul on Norwegian is like a 12h prison sentence. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Martin Jensen    (Norway)

Oslo to Fort Lauderdale, April 2014 and JFK to Oslo, May 2014. Traveled with baby and toddler on economy class. Everything went smooth. Dreamliner was very pleasant for a long trip. Food was good and staff were helpful and attentive. Best long haul experience yet (out of many). And very affordable.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Adrian Mullane    (USA)

A classic bait and switch move by Norwegian. I booked a r/t flight (LAX-CPN-LAX) on Norwegian back in December and a few weeks back they text me to tell me that my flight in late May would be operated by EuroAtlantic airways. It was with an all Portuguese crew in an old Boeing 777. No inflight entertainment on either leg. Well, unless you count 2 Audi channels featuring Latin music. I too paid extra for "nice and tasty menu" which was neither nice, or tasty. Everyone got the same meal so don't bother paying up for that. Also, sure to bring your own movies. By the time Norwegian told me about the switch it was too late to get a good price on another airline. Buyer beware!

Norwegian Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Johannes Graupner    (Sweden)

Copenhagen to JFK on 16th May 2014. After booking tickets on the Dreamliner aircraft which they promote, we ended up on a flight operated by EuroAtlantic with no inflight entertainment whatsoever. Total confusion when the meals were delivered. Choice of preferred meals was the worst I have got on a flight even compared to TWA back in the 80s. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 May 2014 by A Andersson    (Norway)

JFK-ARN-OSL. The "new fresh vibrant Norwegian long distance flights that will revolutionise air travel" is in fact the worse travel experience I have ever had. Service is so poor along with their prepaid food and drinks and snacks are so overpriced. I said never again on the way there but now when I have returned it is never ever again.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 May 2014 by E Furner    (UK)

Super flight to and from Split, Croatia. Comfy, clean plane. Polite, professional cabin crew. Pilots on both flights executed smooth landings. Will look to fly with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 May 2014 by A Arora    (UK)

Gatwick-Malaga. It was a nice clean aircraft equipped with strong wifi. First time in life we were taking calls on board. The check in process was not organized at Malaga which they need to improve. The online check is not available at Malaga which resulted in long queues.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 May 2014 by G Swarray    (Norway)

I travelled with Norwegian last year from Stavanger to Gatwick. My flight experience was great, good service and the best of all Free Wifi. This is the best airline i ever have travelled with. Norwegian is much better than SAS and it is cheaper.

Norwegian Customer review :  20 May 2014 by V Hawkwood    (UK)

Gatwick-Las Palmas return. For the second year running flew to Gran Canaria and not disappointed. Speedy and hassle free check in both ways. Flights on time with friendly professional cabin crew and informative captain. Would not consider using any of the other low cost airlines and have already booked to fly Norwegian again in August for the same trip.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Gerard Ward    (UK)

LGW-Trondheim. Flying Norwegian does not seem like a low cost airline compared to UK low-cost airlines. A very modern fleet and very good cabin crew staff made the flight to Trondheim a pleasure. Amazing value of fare and additional bags etc. were at a very reasonable price. Also Free Wifi.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Oliver Patterson    (UK)

Flew Norwegian for a break Gatwick to Barcelona, compared to the British operators EasyJet and Ryanair, Norwegian fared better, in comparison. The fares were low, aircraft the 737-800 good legroom, good professional service from elegant cabin crew, can't this airline expand its network out of LGW I found it top of its game all-round for the short haul budget sector!

Norwegian Customer review :  12 May 2014 by P Hillier    (UK)

I use Norwegian a lot, Gatwick to Arlanda on business. On Friday 9th May, the return flight on the Dreamliner was delayed for 7 hours. Disappointing, but great customer service in Arlanda. They recovered my checked in baggage and arranged an earlier flight, only 25mins after original departure time. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Cabin staff always attentive and professional. As usual, the whole process was great. Well done Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Mary Briggs    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Tenerife, 27 Apr 2014 returning 6 May 2014. First time with this airline. Excellent. Only drawback: online boarding pass not available to print off, and having only hand luggage, we had to queue at the check in desks. Hopefully, this will change in the near future.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 May 2014 by V Russell    (UK)

We flew in March for a trip from London to Sweden. The flight back was delayed 6 hrs and 49 mins due to a technical problem with the plane, which meant that we waited at Arlanda airport until 4am for a flight that was supposed to leave around 9pm. Norwegian refused to pay for a hotel during the delay, and only gave us a voucher for about £15 each for dinner. The staff were beyond unhelpful. Information was only given when you dragged it out of them. I will never be flying with this airline again.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Mark Evans    (UK)

LGW-SPU one-way, my first time on Norwegian. Punctual departure, excellent seat comfort, a competitive fare, easy boarding arrangements and good in-flight service combined to make this a superior budget carrier experience. Highly recommended.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 May 2014 by T Anderson    (UK)

Flew to Fort Lauderdale on 4 April in the Dreamliner, chose to fly premium class as we thought it was excellent value. We were not disappointed. Seats very comfortable service was good food as good as most. Can't praise Boeing enough for this plane.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Victor Shannon    (Spain)

Flew LGW to BCN on April 20. It was the cheapest on this date, and due to it being a low-cost airline I never imagined it was going to be so good. Departure on time, really nice crew at Gatwick and onboard. The aircraft was just months old and fitted with the new Sky Interior, which does add a sense of spaciousness to the cabin. Only drawback is we had to wait on the plane for 30 minutes upon landing due to a ground crew problem. Will definitely fly again with them.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 April 2014 by C Flynn    (Ireland)

I flew from London Gatwick airport to Bergen in Norway. The entire experience was a pleasure. The website was easy to use and well planned and set out. Checking in at Gatwick was a case of a bag and drop using new scanning technology. A number of helpful uniformed staff were at hand to help those not used to the technology. I shall add that the boarding process was well managed and some very nice cabin crew assisted an elderly couple and a young dad with a baby. The inflight service was suitable for the flight of 1 hour and 50 minutes. The Captain made regular announcements and was very well spoken and welcoming. Norwegian Airlines is a credit to Norway. I hope to use this airline again in the near future.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Greta Garden    (Norway)

Flight from BGO to CPH is a very short flight, only about 1 hour. Plane was a brand new 737-800 with free wifi. One could buy snacks and drinks, which is OK when keeping in mind one paid not too much for the ticked. Cabin crew friendly. Arrived at destination 5 mins before schedule.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Craig Shiel    (Australia)

Oslo to JFK on 10th April 2014. After booking tickets on the Dreamliner aircraft which they promote, we ended up on an old airbus which was dreadful to say the least. Norwegian held this fact back about the aircraft until the last minute. It was overbooked which caused a huge problem. They tried to offer an inducement of 200 euros which not many people went for. Therefore people we made to take a flight the next day. These people had bags already checked in and these had to be taken off the flight before we took off. This took time and in the process a panel door on the a/c was damaged. Overall it was over 2 hours before we took off. In this time we were sat on the plane without even being offered water. During the flight which was operated by hifly crew who seemed out of their depth. There was an old entertainment system but no headsets. The WI Fi was non existent. Therefore we watched and did nothing for 8 hours. The food which I pre-bought never came, and we had no choice of what was eventually given. My seat was broken. In a nutshell don't fly with Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 April 2014 by K Loughane    (UK)

Flew with Norwegian for a week to Gran Canaria and couldn't fault the flight at all. Check-in at Gatwick was very efficient and quick and was impressed with the leg room onboard. All staff were very friendly and helpful especially the cabin crew on DY2431 on Wednesday 9th April. Will definitely fly again.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 April 2014 by T Shant    (USA)

LAX-CPH-LAX on a B787-8. Service at check-in was good and fast, but service on the aircraft (on both flights) was horrible, as they only pay attention to the people who ordered food in advance. Even thought the service was horrible, the aircraft was very clean and new and had reduced jetlag because of the air of the aircraft. Even though the snacks were really good, the food that you can order in advance (which my partner ordered) was very disgusting, affecting the score for food to 3 stars (out of 5). Also, the IFE system was really nice since it had a cool 3D map and a lot of fun games. Even though service was horrible, the value was great at a price of under $700 making Norwegian a great airline to fly on international flights. I definitely recommend Norwegian to everyone.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Elad Elraj Rep    (Norway)

Bangkok - Oslo, 1 Apr 2014, old Airbus, no entertainment, bad service, crew did not speak English. Had to wait for 4-5 hours with no AC and no water. Worst flight experience ever! Over 40 hours waiting!

Norwegian Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Angela Taylor    (UK)

Gatwick to Lanzarote, 21st march and returned 28th March, flight number DY2438 and DY2439. Fantastic flight recently with Norwegian. On time, no hassle, arrived at destination early, great staff, brilliant airline! I'm never travelling with anyone else again!

Norwegian Customer review :  29 March 2014 by M Waters    (Norway)

Oslo-Stavanger, DY534/536, 24 Jan 2014. Excellent low cost carrier, reliable, great staff, aircraft and systems inland, good on most outland routes. I would say they are "Premium" Budget and cant really be lumped in with the hideous mega budget lines like Ryanair and Easyjet.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 March 2014 by B Lougheed    (Sweden)

Have flown with Norwergian regularly for 5 years. Cabin is good and clean. Free WiFi. On time. Good prices. Ground crew contractors used outside of Norwegian bases Scandinavia generally lets the whole experience down. Due to traffic, I arrived at Amsterdam Schiphol airport check-in desk 35 minutes before departure with only carry-on luggage. The flight had not started boarding yet, the line at security (which was adjacent to and could be seen from the check-in desk) only had two people in it. The gate was immediately after security, i.e. not a long walk. Despite all this, the representative at the check-in desk (from Menzies aviation) refused to print me a boarding pass, bluntly stating that I should have been at the check-in desk 45 minutes before departure time. I wasn't even given the chance to catch the flight which I had paid for. Very poor customer service. So had to fork out 150 euros for a last-minute train ticket and spend the night on a train travelling across Europe. Won't be flying Norwegian again until they use better ground staff at airports outside of Scandinavia.

Norwegian Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Rosemary Latter    (UK)

My husband, myself and 2 friends have just returned from a trip to Tenerife flying with Norwegian air, we travel often and we were so impressed with the service and efficiency of the Airline the staff being so helpful and friendly, we will recommend them to all our family and friends.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Pedersen    (Norway)

Flew with British Airways to LA from Oslo via London and Norwegian Air from La to Oslo via Stockholm. Norwegian has brand new airplanes, i.e. the Dreamliner, with more comfortable seats than British Airways. The Dreamliner is faster than older type airplanes (approx. half an hour saved) from LA to Europe and the prices offered by Norwegian are much better than those of their competitors. It should thus be a no-brainer to choose Norwegian Air the next time.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Arda Isildar    (Netherlands)

I booked a couple of flights from Amsterdam to Oslo and Oslo to Tromso, and return to Amsterdam from Tromso (via Oslo). The flight was delayed 1 hour 35 minutes and I missed our connecting flight to Amsterdam, thus had to take the flight the next day. Upon the notification of a delay (initially for an hour, which ended up being 1 hour and 30 minutes) on the display screen in Tromso airport, I had no choice but despair. Unfortunately, all the effort to change the flight and book an earlier flight was turned down. It was very disappointing to hear that the situation was helpless and there is nothing that Norwegian could do. Last but not the least, the lack enthusiasm from staff to help me solve the problem was particularly frustrating.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 March 2014 by I Surrey    (UK)

LGW-BCN, 25 Feb 2014 and return 27th. As per some of the reviews on here they seem to employ camp guards at LGW viz customer service staff on the LGW desks. Saw people subjected to repacking and forced checking of bags that were easily well in limits "just because I say so". Terrible attitude at the desk, the worst I've come across by ground staff at any airport. Had my passport flung back at me literally. The flight staff are great. Aircraft seats and wifi free all good. Arrived early both ways. BCN check in staff fine. LGW staff give a poor impression of the whole operation. That said I have just had 5 of seven flights with them retimed in the last 24 hours ex LGW.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LGW-TFS return on a B737-800. Left LGW about 20 minutes late due to the removal of a problem female passenger and baggage, at 6.30 in the morning. Crew good both ways. Had seats in row 1 so plenty of leg room, seats are quite hard. Return flight on time.

Norwegian Customer review :  26 February 2014 by A Wilson    (Norway)

BKK-OSL-BKK, DY7201, 19 Oct. DY7202, 3 Nov. Never again. The "premium cabin" had 5 seats sold in it the day before. Come boarding time they had filled the cabin by upgrading economy passengers. I don't have a big problem with this but come the meal service time the FAs made it easy on themselves by just handing out economy meals to everyone. The breakfast was an alleged premium product but was unfortunately the worst airline food, stale does not begin to describe the pain au chocolat. Not at all impressed with the fancy windows that don't black out properly on the Dreamliner. For the same price as premium economy with Norwegian I've since flown Emirates and Qatar business out and economy back and find that to be much better value.

Norwegian Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Nath Ayushman    (UK)

LGW to ARN. The flight was brilliant compared to the likes of easy jet and Ryanair with very nice recaro leather seats on a 737-800 and everything was very smooth. The free wifi included a flight tracker so you could see where your pointing speed and onwards. Overall it was a very nice flight and I highly recommend flying Norwegian airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Neil McCubbin    (Canada)

Flight JFK to Tromso. Left about 6 hours late due to snowstorm. All short haul and about 60% of Transatlantic cancelled that day, so I reckon Norwegian did well. Rebooked me on later flight to Tromso. I paid the $75 extra for a free bag (value about $50) a seat reservation and a meal. Not bad value, although food was mediocre. Seat not as comfortable as I had hoped, but price was well below half any competitive airline, and 35% of the best Expedia could offer. Very much a discount airline, but great value for money, and much more pleasant than Ryanair.

Norwegian Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Glenn Biffen    (UK)

LGW to ALC: Excellent, no fuss, quick and easy check in. This experience was also matched by the boarding process and inflight service. Very good communication and friendly, approachable cabin crew. There was a screen and although no headphones, it certainly occupied you with something to visualise upon at least. Incredibly quick flight in lovely comfortable seats. Sat in row 1 with plenty of leg room. We have no problems with this airline and are looking at their long haul service.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 February 2014 by Alexander Rosario    (USA)

Flight 7002, scheduled Dec 29 2013 at 9.30pm, left January 1st 2014 at 9am. Flight 7001 left at 6pm on Jan 10th 2014. I understand how one can have a pleasant experience on the Dreamliner but that's not a credit to Norwegian, that's a credit to Boeing. Unfortunately, that is not always the case and since they are new planes they've had more than a few problems which one could consider as an opportunity for Norwegian to show some grace. They're not allied with any other airline so really hope they're on time and you don't have connecting flights with other airlines. They won't offer you any help. Their customer service is the worst if your flight is delayed or cancelled. You get the same smiling people who pretend to sympathize with you but that's it. Don't expect any compensation or help. My flight was delayed almost 3 days. I missed my connecting flight with another airline as a result. At the departure airport, JFK in NYC, they told me that they would put me on the next available Norwegian flight to my destination when I arrived in Oslo. When I got to Oslo they said I would have to buy another ticket because I was then traveling with another airline. This is despite the fact they were the reason I missed my flight. Also, they don't offer water on the planes on long hauls.

Norwegian Customer review :  10 February 2014 by T Gram    (USA)

I have held up on writing a review to allow Norwegian the opportunity to get the growing pains out of the way. I expect less quality and comfort since it's a discount airline, but Boeing Dreamliner is more like a nightmare than a dream. Four separate trips in six month (8 total legs, 8 delays). Premium business is a joke. Only advantage is larger seat. Check-in with Norwegian nationals is unpleasant due to their rude nature. The staff are uninformed and do not care to inform re delays. I got to say that even as an experienced traveler I'm beginning to think that the major carriers have a point when they question the safety of Norwegians fleet.

Norwegian Customer review :  10 February 2014 by C Schjorring    (USA)

Copenhagen to Fort Lauderdale with the Dreamliner to get a direct flight to Florida. Perfect airplane with really high comfort and I was just as rested as would normally be flying business. Check-in in Copenhagen was smooth and pleasant even without my normal privileges as a K1 member of United. But here the good part of the story ends. The advertising says free wi-fi onboard but the only thing I got was some "no sir, sorry sir" from a crew who barely spoke English and were constantly talking between each other. The food was pretty bland and I had to ask for my pre-paid food several times before I got it - I did wait another 45 min than my son - not so nice. Barely any water during the flight which should be complementary on any long haul flights, but not here. Landing in Fort Lauderdale was a disaster, and even after the long wait in immigration there where no luggage and none from Norwegian to help. Never will I fly with Norwegian and despite the comfort of non stop, I would rather spend 4 hours waiting in Dulles and that says a lot!

Norwegian Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Tony Goodwin    (Spain)

Flew on 8th Feb 2014 from Gatwick to Alicante. Slight delay at first but got to check in and everybody had there hand luggage taken from them even though they were correct size for cabin baggage. No ifs or buts you had to put it in the hold even though not locked or labelled try to explain this was not acceptable as did most of the other passengers but got met with you have no choice take it or leave it. As it took so long taking every bodies hand luggage from them we were delayed even further. To add insult to injury they allowed the late passengers on with any size bag. The plane took off with the overhead lockers almost empty. First time with this airline and also the last lots of other passengers said they would never fly with them again. It was totally unnecessary and made Ryanair look like British airways.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Steini Pé    (Iceland)

Oslo to Bangkok. I had bought a flight down to Phuket which was 5 hours after arrival giving me enough time to switch airports, but they had technical difficulties with the plane so delayed our flight. Supposed to leave at 2.20pm but instead they set it at 7pm, which they altered to 8pm and again to 9pm. They decided to board passengers, only to realize we would sit in that plane for 1.5 hrs more. During the entire delay they compensated passengers with 10€ coupon? It was barely enough for a drink and a sandwich. We finally take off, but to my surprise I find out that you have to buy the headphones and even the blanket on this 11 hour flight. I found it quite shocking that there was no meals on this long trip. I would have to buy it from a Snack Shop on the passenger seat monitor, but I would not be able to do so until everyone else has eaten that pre-ordered hot meals. This was not a very pleasant flight and I will not be flying with them again. Luckily for me I only bought the ticket to my destination and have yet to order the ticket back home.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Flynn Justin    (Australia)

LGW-CPH-LGW. Check in at Gatwick via kiosk in very much of a rush as I was running late. Boarded just on time for an on-time departure at 8.45am. Flight only 80 mins and left on time. Cabin Crew service fine and I paid an extra 6 pounds each way for 1st row seat, which was worth it. Had the breakfast pack for inflight service for what amounted to AUS$13 and though it was reasonable value. Return flight through immigration security at CPH and left pretty much on time at 7pm the same day. Wanted to buy a sandwich and a beer for 108 kroner and wanted to pay with cash (I had the exact change) but alas, they only take credit card. Flight time announced be the captain was 105 mins, but ended up only being about 90 mins. Seat 1C both ways was OK with extra legroom for the extra price. Cabin crew functional. On time, which was good. Would fly again.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 January 2014 by N Kuisma    (Finland)

HEL-LGW-AGP-CPH-HEL. First time with Norwegian. Check-in at Helsinki very pleasant and rapid. Boarding quite chaotic in every flight, I was in the last rows (since I bought my ticket from an agency). So it was slow and it seemed like your co-flyers hadn't ever seen an airplane before since they just couldn't do anything fast or smart. Flight comfort and seat were quite okay, wifi worked on 50% of the flights. Anyway, Norwegians concept seems to work and they do their part really well. It was an interesting trip, but not my favourite.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 January 2014 by D Kaffo    (UK)

My Wife and I flew with Norwegian to Lanzarote, excellent check in and departure. On the return flight we were delighted to have a female pilot, first time ever. The staff were brilliant, we will definitely fly with them again. Would have been nicer if free Tea/Coffee were served as the beverages were rather expensive. But all in all a wonderful experience free WIFI is a definite crowd puller.

Norwegian Customer review :  28 January 2014 by G Underwood    (UK)

LGW-ACE. We flew out on 28/12/2013 to spend New Year in the sun. The journey out was on a 737-800 which had been retro fitted with the new Dreamliner interior, it was smart and modern looking. We departed on time and was kept well informed during the flight from the flight deck. On the return journey the plane had a pre-retro fit and so looked more worn. Again the flight deck kept us well informed. The return was quite bumpy due to turbulence. The cabin crew were friendly both ways and I could hear them reassuring people on the return leg that were nervous of the turbulence. The prices onboard are in my view higher than other airlines, but for the price you pay to travel with them I suppose they have to make the money back other ways. I am due to fly with them again in September from LGW-JFK and on the whole I'm looking forward to travelling with them again. Only down side from me is that the on demand films cannot be watched on the Samsung galaxy tab 2 though I was able to view the internet on the free Wi- Fi.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Jimmy James    (USA)

Jan 6th 2014, ARN-JFK, DY7005 Dreamliner is exactly that, still a dream to me. 4 hours before the flight an SMS came to my phone stating that EuroAtlantic Airways had be contracted to carry us to JFK using Boeing 777 instead of the desired 787. No explanation was given for the change. The flight was to depart at 17.35 but it was delayed multiple times without proper explanation and finally took off at 23.00. Boeing 777 seats were OK but the more than 50% of the IFE seat back screen was inoperative. Luck would have it mine was cold and dark. Two meals were served but quality was poor. Portuguese based staff were fair in service. Even though I have read good reviews on short hauls using Boeing 737-800 but Long haul to the States a different story. Thumbs down to Norwegian Long Haul.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Kurt B Portnoff    (Sweden)

Dec 26 from Arlanda to Fort Lauderdale with Dreamliner. Normal boarding but 2.5 hours delayed start due to technical issues, sitting in the plane without any refreshments. Poor service and the meal was poorer than can be expected during this type of flight. Return trip from Fort Lauderdale to Arlanda on January 4 also with delays. No information was shared to the public until this was requested by people waiting. My preferred choice of meal was out of stock so I got an alternative choice which was the worst I have got on a flight. Some confusion when the meals were delivered. The plane as such is comfortable and gives opportunities for interactive entertainment but don't buy any of the services provided on board.

Norwegian Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Kai Matuschewski    (Germany)

SXF-OSL return. A wonderful experience in brand new 737s both ways. Attentive staff, fun entertainment, on time, and excellent value for money. No longer Europe's best kept secret, but certainly my no.1 choice for budget trips.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Helge Rognaas    (Norway)

Flew from Oslo to Bangkok on 16/11/2013 and returned 5/12/2013 without any problems. A pleasure to fly with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Jimmy James    (USA)

Dec 23, 2013 on DY7006 from JFK-ARN. 12 hours before the flight I got an SMS saying that the the Boeing 787 Dreamliner was not available and a contractor of Norwegian Air was hired instead to fly us to ARN. The contractor was Portugal based EuroAtlantic Airlines. No explanation was given as to the reason why this change was made. Upon arrival at the check-in desk at JFK the flight was delayed 2 hours. After baggage and boarding card check-in the flight was delayed further by another hour. The check-in staff at Gate 9, JFK Term 1, was poor in control and procedure in the boarding process. Then another half hour delay citing inbound aircraft late arrival. EuroAtlantic operated a Boeing 767. Seated were tight in Economy in 2-5-2 configuration. Inflight entertainment were the blank white wall of the bulkhead. Even though the aircraft were fitted with the 1980s tri colour projector system but no shows were offered. Audio system were non operative either. The $70 I paid to Norwegian for Tasty Meal, 20Kg Baggage and Seat Choice were unsatisfactory as the two meals offered were poor. Lets hope the return flight my dream will be realized of flying the Dreamliner.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Torstein Storækre    (Norway)

Flew from Stockholm to New York in their premium class. The Dreamliner is better than any other plane I have flown with large windows, pleasant air in the cabin and nice lighting. The cabin crew were all very friendly (all Thai). The seats are comfortable although nothing special. The business class product clearly inferior to the business product with network carriers. Food and drinks ok and free. IFE good, but limited choice. Flight on time. I saved around $1,500 compared with business class at SAS / United. I will fly them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 December 2013 by C Rudbeck    (Sweden)

Flew Norwegian's 787 "Dreamliner" Premium Economy from Fort Lauderdale to Stockholm. In spite of the teething problems one reads about, our flight exceeded all expectations. Boeing has developed an aircraft with cabin altitude pressure and lighting seems to diminishes discomfort and jetlag. Seats were more comfortable (foot/leg rests) than many other airlines' business class seats. The service by all Thai flight attendants was superb.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 December 2013 by G T'to    (USA)

I was scheduled to fly on the Norwegian flight to Stockholm from Ft Lauderdale on Dec 21. That flight was canceled due to an aircraft problem. The flight was rescheduled for the 22nd at 12.00 which would get us to Stockholm at 3.30 in the morning. To make a very long story short, the flight was canceled at 5.30 and it now looks like we will be leaving at 2 in the morning! The staff were friendly enough but no one knew what was going on and we were poorly informed. Never again.

Norwegian Customer review :  23 December 2013 by David Fisher    (Thailand)

Norwegian long haul never again. My flight from Bkk to Stockholm Arlanda was cancelled after a 12 hour wait at the airport. Very bad customer service for information and I had to call many times to Norway until I got answers about my onward journey. No representative at hotel and no message sent to phone or email until the day after. Had to spend 1 night and 1 day at hotel waiting eventually I was found a seat with Lufthansa via Frankfurt. I will never use this company again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8