Norwegian Passenger Reviews and Norwegian Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Norwegian Customer review :  15 September 2014 by M Loring    (Australia)

Thought I should offer my review of Norwegian's flight from Bangkok to Stockholm. I found this flight exceptionally good. Check-in went very smoothly, the flight left on time, and staff were friendly and courteous. The free entertainment is a real bonus, a good selection of movies etc., as well as games, music and flight details and map, all available in your back of seat screen. Snack orders can be made and paid via this screen as well as calling cabin crew. New dimming of window was efficient and novel!!! I had pre-purchased a meal, which was served a couple of hours into the flight, it was hot and tasty, and I received an additional snack size meal just before landing. Excellent. The flight arrived on time and luggage available shortly after landing. Thoroughly recommended as excellent value on the price paid.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 September 2014 by C Mondin    (USA)

After reading all of the bad reviews we were a bit nervous with the tickets we purchased to travel from Ft Lauderdale to Oslo. We watched this site carefully, so I wanted to share our experience. We did not pay for any "extras" - advanced seat assignment, meals, or bags. We traveled only with a carry on, it was weighed in FLL when checking in. I think we were a little overweight but they did not charge us. Outbound flight was delayed around 3 hours due to the inbound aircraft being diverted because of a passenger onboard suffering a heart attack. We were told this upon check in, and were not upset as we would want the flight diverted if it was our loved one. The Dreamliner was great - no complaints. Note: if you do not pay for their meal you are unable to buy a drink/snack until after the paid meal service is complete. For the return flight from Oslo it was an odd boarding process. They scanned your boarding pass at the gate and you entered a room crowded with other passengers on the flight and waited. When the plane was ready they opened the door and everyone just filed in - no boarding by row, zone, etc which caused people to all rush the door at once. It was odd. We had the Dreamliner on the way back as well, again no complaints.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 September 2014 by R Singh    (The Netherlands)

I flew from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and back. Both flights were comfortable. Friendly crew members. Enough leg space. Clean aircraft.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Maureen Evans    (USA)

I was very apprehensive after booking my flight with Norwegian. I was told to read reviews which were not good. I left LAX airport heading for Gatwick, London. The flight was on time, the cabin staff friendly, food was great. I got to speak with the pilots prior to boarding. Boarding was fast. Very enjoyable flight. My flight out was on Sunday August 17th, arriving on 18th. My flight back was from Gatwick to LAX on September 7th. Flight was again on time, little slow taking off due to run way being busy. This time the cabin was dirty, huge dirty spot next to my seat, and trash in the pocket. They ran out of options for the 1 st meal served, however the food served was good. Not my choice but not too bad at all. The breakfast served was not good. I am very allergic to onions and was served a cheese/onion sandwich. I let the young man know of my serious allergy and he kindly stated he would find me a replacement, which he did! However he did not check the replacement and that too had onion in the coleslaw. The coleslaw was inside the sandwich. I was not able to eat it, so I was quite hungry when I got off the plane. All in all I would say Norwegian had it right. I am happy I flew with them and would do so again.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 September 2014 by D Beck    (UK)

Having read the extremely mixed reviews about the Norwegian long haul flights and the turbulent history of the Dreamliner, I was more than a little nervous about the flight from Gatwick to New York on 9/9/14. However, the entire experience from check in to arrival in JFK was fantastic! There was no queue to check in, security at the airport was rapid and smooth, the Dreamliner was there and it was wonderful! Flight departed on time and arrived an hour ahead of schedule in JFK (however due to congestion we had to wait on the runway for an hour on arriving so no difference in the end). We were in economy and the seats had plenty of leg room and really good inflight entertainment as well as the ability to use your card to pay for things at your seat which was fun. If you pay for food in advance, you get 2 meals (one hot, one cold) as well as tea and cold drinks. If you don't pay in advance, you get nothing (you can pay for cold snacks separately if you wish) so bring your own food and drink. The flight cost £300 one way (Virgin is £999) so you really cannot get better value.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Milo Beitman    (USA)

Got to airport in Oslo to go back home to Oakland last month. My partner and our 3 year old and 1 year old. We find out on the day of the flight that there was a stopover in Iceland (that they added without telling anyone). The flight was delayed by over an hour. Plus this extra 2.5 hours because they needed to refuel this incredibly out of date plane they put us on. No Dreamliner for us. No TV. My seat wouldn't recline. The service was awful. The flight was awful. We will never use Norwegian again!

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

SXF-ARN-SXF: Flights were delayed for 15 mins on both legs but arrived 5 mins late respectively. Passengers were welcomed onboard by friendly young crew. Food and drinks are expensive onboard but was only 1.5 hrs flight so didn't really matter but on the other hand Norwegian offers better leg space compared to its competitor (Air Berlin) and wifi service is a hit. My seat was near the engine and wings but was relatively quiet owing to newer aircraft. Considering price, service and flying time, I would recommend flying with Norwegian.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Wayne Perry    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to Florida Fort Lauderdale, this was an excellent flight no problems at all. We also returned trouble free. We did manage to get the Dreamliner which I think made all the difference. I have read the reviews and yep some are really terrible however our experience was not we had a great flight, good food and very comfortable seating. However Fort Lauderdale Airport is a pit, awful. Come on USA your supposed to be leading the World not Third World.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by N Allen    (UK)

DY7069 and the flight was leaving from LAX, 3rd September landing in LGW 4th September. Yesterday I landed at London's Gatwick Airport flying from LAX traveling with Norwegian Air Shuttle. Leading up to my flight I read a lot of negative reviews regarding bad service, delays and overall terrible experiences. Norwegian Air was the best flight I've been on for the cheapest price compared to other leading companies. A great flight and great savings.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Hawkwood Valerie    (UK)

Chose Norwegian Airline again as a low budget flight to Gran Canaria and as with previous experiences flying with them, were not disappointed. Check in at Gatwick was swift and hassle free. Admittedly our outbound flight (25th August) was delayed by an hour and a half but not the airline's fault. Our return flight (3rd September) was 15 minutes late taking off but we still landed 25 minutes ahead of the original scheduled time! Seats are bigger and much more comfortable than other budget airlines we have flown with, and staff very pleasant and helpful. Still our airline of choice.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Henk Smits    (UK)

Norwegian is cheap because the cost includes nothing and because the seat spacing is absolutely terrible. Not comparable to a "normal airline" watch out! Flew from LGW to JFK. I am quite tall and the seat spacing is on par with Ryanair for local flights. For an 8hr intercontinental flight this is torture. In addition the "pre-booked" meal thing means I had no food for most of the flight. There is no good warning about this before you book. Prices for snacks etc. are ludicrous, even for in-air standards. Flight delayed 1h which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but if you don't fit in the seat, it is certainly an added bonus. My point is: the flight is terrible if you are not really small even when the "Dreamliner" is available and you are not delayed. If you really must compare on price, make sure to add another 100 pounds for luggage/meal. Then factor in that you get much more space in the economy class of other airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by J Mitchell    (UK)

Flew Gatwick - Arrecife - Gatwick. We flew with Norwegian as part of a package holiday booked through Monarch. At first we were surprised that we were flying with Norwegian instead of Monarch due to Monarchs flights being full. We were a bit concerned when we found out that the airline was a low cost airline but we were extremely impressed. Our outbound flight was on the 29/8/14. We used there self-service check in and it took no more than two minutes to print our boarding pass and drop our bags off and we were through security and airside within 5 minutes. The flight was 10 minutes delayed but the flight still managed to land so early that our coach wasn't even ready for us. Coming back on the 5/9/14, check-in was a nightmare, we were in the middle of the queue for check in and still had to wait over 50 minutes, it was only after about 30 minutes that they decided to open another check-in desk, taking it up to two. The flight however still managed to board quickly and pushed back 10 minutes early. The aircraft we flew on was fairly new and had Boeings new cabin lighting which was really relaxing and changed colours. Cabin crew were smart, professional and friendly and although you had to buy your own drinks and snack on the flight (very expensive but it's how they make their money) the service was very good. The plane had wifi and they use the wifi to display the flight details and flight map rather than on the overhead screens. Inflight entertainment was available on your phone/ipad/laptop for 7 euro but for a part of the flight they had short films playing on the screens such as Tom and Jerry. The only thing I can fault about the actual flight is that I found the seats fairly hard but at the end of the day the flight was less than 4 hours. Will fly again!

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2014 by CL Low    (Malaysia)

Flew Norwegian JFK to Gatwick in July. Plane was delayed for 40 minutes and was very nervous as it was the 3rd week they started flying from JFK to Gatwick. After one gate changed, plane left 40 minutes later. Dreamliner experience was a very good, plane is nice, touch screen ordering was easy and efficient. Would recommend and we paid half we would if travel by the regular big airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Peter Seabrook    (UK)

After being worried by news of long delays from LA our flight left on time from Gatwick. The aircraft a 787 was new with reasonable legroom. Each seat had its own entertainment system with built in credit card slot for food and drinks. The return flight left on time and landed slightly early. Price was a bargain £440 each. Our only complaint was the same selection of films was there on the way back.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Nikolai Herrmann    (Spain)

I flew HAM-BCN. I can only say positive things about this airline. Cheap, spacious, fast and friendly. Free WiFi is a bonus, but it is not the fastest and often disconnects, but for sending a WhatsApp good enough. Definitely will book again soon.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jayne Gilmartin    (UK)

We were due to fly to Fort Lauderdale on Friday 25th July. We arrived at Gatwick at 1pm for a 4.30 flight only to be informed by the check in staff that the flight was 'delayed'. We were given meal vouchers and a room at the Hilton. On the Norwegian website, the flight was scheduled for 11pm that night. However, a letter pushed under the hotel room door informed us we were delayed until 6am Saturday. This later turned into 8am on Sunday. We had seen that a Norwegian flight was delayed in LA - I asked the ground staff at the Norwegian desk if this was our plane; they were quite dismissive and uninterested, and said "No, definitely not. Your plane is here but has technical issues". After a second night in Gatwick, we went to the check in desk on Sunday 27th July only to be told the plane was delayed a further two hours. At 10am the gate number flashed up on the screens. At last! when we got to the gate, we were further informed there would be yet another hour's delay. At 11am, an announcement told passengers that the flight may not depart as it had not been catered! At this point there was uproar and people demanded to go, even without any food. Suddenly there was food, and we took off about noon. The cabin crew were pleasant, and chatting to one, I was informed that this was the plane delayed in LA, as he was crewing and had also been delayed! So why did Norwegian lie? The plane was freezing and yet there were no blanket unless you paid - the A/C was unnecessarily high and I am sure this was a ploy. Because of the 44 hour delay, we lost a hotel booking for the 25th, and our car hire was cancelled. I would never fly this airline again, I would much rather pay more and fly Virgin or BA.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 September 2014 by S Ross    (UK)

Following all the negative reviews of the transatlantic service, I was somewhat nervous about our London Gatwick - JFK return flights. However I have to say that the whole experience was as good as economy class air travel gets these days. Norwegian is using the budget airline model for this service, so if you have to be realistic in that you will either have to pay for everything or take it yourself (drinks, snacks, pillows, blankets etc.). We did a combination of both. All the staff we dealt with were professional and polite, we travelled on the Dreamliner both ways which was comfortable, and had no issues with the entertainment systems that others have described. We were delayed on the return leg of the journey, however this was not the airlines fault as someone had checked a bag and then not turned up for the flight we had to wait while their bags were removed. My only negative comment is that Norwegian put the time of the return flight back by several hours after we had made our reservations. Although we had a lot of notice of this, and were offered the option to cancel the flight, we were unable to re-arrange our plans as we had already booked connecting flights etc. As we were travelling with young children, this was a real pain. It seems that when the transatlantic service works, it is great, if you can avoid the teething problems!

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Sinclair    (UK)

I will never fly Norwegian again. We were delayed 28 hours. Communication was terrible and our tour operator said they were prevented by Norwegian from putting us up in a hotel, resulting in my family being in the airport until after midnight.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by L Rudge    (UK)

Flew with Norwegian on the 8th and 29th August from Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale. Great experience on both flights all left on time and service was good inflight. The only problem that we saw were how the bags were offloaded at Fort Lauderdale and some people seemed to not be able to find luggage but we located ours within 5 minutes. Inflight entertainment very good and would definitely use again.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by H Sewell    (UK)

I read so many terrible reviews that I was dreading our LGW to LAX return flights with children. It was actually fine. Superb value, efficient. The airbus was clean and reasonably comfortable and movie choice good. Temperature fine. Service friendly, left with only short delays on both legs and actually arrived a little early back on 24th. Food was very small portions so take extras. I was happy to buy snacks but the choice is poor. There was one small hot meal served with wine if wanted. Later in the flight a filled roll. Tea and coffee after each meal. May people bought salads etc with them. Don't forget your earphones and USB chargers for your devices. The in seat chargers are a great bonus on the Dreamliner.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Guido Bartels    (Denmark)

My company and I mostly travel on SAS in the Nordic region. Heading up our company in this region I wanted to try out the highly advertised Dreamliner to and from New York. Traveling to NY from CPH was fantastic. I had booked Premium class. Going to NY I enjoyed the great seats and also quite good service. Norwegian had the return flight operated by "Titan Airways", a budget carrier from the UK. With an all coach seating arrangement. Norwegian did not inform us, despite their website saying that if a different plane is used the customer will get informed prior to the flight. The check in people at JFK said this other plane had also premium seats. So do did the gate crew. All lies. One of my fellow travelers noticed that on his reservation document from 1 week before the trip, it already said "Titan Airways operated", meaning that Norwegian already knew before the outbound trip that the return flight would not be the Dreamliner. Norwegian however sold us Premium tickets for both Outbound and inbound flight. I have traveled a lot throughout my career, but have never seen airline just advertising one product, but selling another without telling the customer. Not at the time of buying nor at the time of check-in. Besides the fact that the premium class customers had to travel unexpectedly in a very tight coach seat, they now also need to go through the hassle of claiming money back. It is service of the very worst kind. Norwegian doesn't have enough Dreamliners to accommodate all the Dreamliner routes they advertise and sell.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Charlie Chang    (USA)

When customers pay you for a flying experience aboard the Dreamliner, that is what we expect to receive. Instead, they switched everyone onto an ancient, TV-less, smaller, non-direct flight due to the Dreamliner being "unavailable". I'm sorry to inform you, however, that when a plane is not booked enough and you don't want to waste money, you can't just say that the original plane is no longer available. What you do is suck up the losses like a real company and fulfil customers' orders at a loss. Due to this unfair decision, passengers had their direct flight aboard the Dreamliner changed into a 2.5 hour flight to Iceland, a 1 hour refuel where everyone was stuck onboard, and then an 8.5 hour flight to Oakland. Because of your decision to change your passengers to a smaller plane not capable of making the entire trip from Norway to Oakland without a refuel, you wasted about 4 hours of our time. Flight DY7063. It seems as if the downgrading of the plane is a common occurrence for this airline, so I highly do not recommend traveling with them.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Andrew Inman    (Australia)

In July 2014 I flew Norwegian from Bangkok to Oslo, Oslo to Bergen and Bergen to Paris (Orly) with my wife and young daughter. The price (and the chance to fly a 787 Dreamliner) was what attracted us but we were very happy with the whole experience. All flights were pretty much on time (give or take 10 mins). The Dreamliner was great. The seat space was equivalent to the Qantas A330 we flew Sydney to Bangkok. The pre-ordered (Thai) meal was good and the inflight snack purchase system was fun (swipe your credit card in the entertainment system and order from there). The inflight entertainment was also great, both the selection and the system. The Norway / Paris flights were straightforward but good. Leg room was reasonable (I'm 6' 4), especially compared to other LCCs. And the in flight magazine was well worth reading. Hopefully the teething problems that people reported with the Bangkok - Oslo flights have been worked through because I really buy into the ethos of Norwegian. Flying Norwegian saved us well over A$2,000 and, financially, it turned our vacation from an eye-wateringly expensive burden to something that was doable and enjoyable.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Serrano    (USA)

Flew from Oakland to Oslo and the flight was great. The Dreamliner was nice, customer service good too. However, this was a bait and switch because the return flight was the exact opposite. The flight was outsourced to Euro Atlantic which was an old dirty plane and there was no announcement or notification about this change which included the flight now have a two and half hour stop for refuelling in addition to the one original delay. The lack of customer service was the most frustrating because it can easily be improved with more honest communication. I would have loved to know that the plane did not have an outlets or USB ports to charge my dead phone. I really hope they have the Dreamliner ready for my flight back to Oslo next week.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 September 2014 by K Prashar    (UK)

(18/08) London Gatwick - Fort Lauderdale. Not a long queue for check in at Gatwick, and staff were all friendly and polite (even no problem with overweight baggage)! I had read some bad reviews on the Dreamliner 'technical problems' and substitutions of old Euro Atlantic 777 planes but was relieved when I got to gate 19 and saw EI-LNB Dreamliner sitting there. No delays at all and cabin crew very welcoming. Window dimming system is a nice idea and blocks out the sun quite well. Inflight entertainment is pretty good, couple of older films and not that much for kids though. All flight attendants were great and reassured us during turbulence. The LED system was used well. The food was really good but for the 'snack' the cheese and onion sandwich didn't tempt me (the muffin was tasty though). So, all in all, a great experience with Norwegian and I hope they perform the same for the return flight tomorrow.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 August 2014 by S Rasmussen    (Lithuania)

Flew VNO-ARN-CPH. First sector, VNO to ARN, I could not buy food or drink unless I had Swedish Kroners in Cash. I was told that the credit card machine didn't work, so I asked them to make a manual imprint of the card which they do at all other civilised airlines, but they refused. I then asked to get at least some water, but because they only wanted Swedish cash, this was not possible either. The guy next to me wanted to buy a cup of coffee, this was not possible, because as it turned out, also the coffee machine was broken. On the ARN-CPH sector, cabin staff couldn't finish their job fast enough to have a break. My seat was passed in less than three seconds, and I could get the attention of the cabin staff after that. I did get to my destination on time, but all this is just not good enough, and it wasn't cheap either. If Norwegian want to be accepted as a serious airline, they should start acting as one.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 August 2014 by I Sinclair    (UK)

Just back from Ft Lauderdale (to Gatwick) and after reading some of the reviews was dreading the flights. However I thought they were excellent, on time both ways, food was good, staff very good, inflight entertainment was ok, and overall for the price I paid - £645 return I was more than pleased. Premium economy looked fantastic so I will try booking that next time.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Davis    (USA)

First time (and last) flying Norwegian. Choose them because it was the only non-stop from LAX to ARN. The initial flight was delayed 22 hours (no notification from Norwegian) and the return flight 54 hours (again, no notification from Norwegian). They eventually had to charter an old 747 to get everyone back from Stockholm.

Norwegian Customer review :  29 August 2014 by G Aida    (Spain)

Barcelona-Stockholm-Bangkok. Everything very good, very clean, all flights on time, the seats were a bit small. At meal times staff had a list with whom had the right to have a meal and whom didn't. It was really surprising that on an 11 hour flight that at least half of the passengers didn't have any meal. You could buy a sandwich or a snack during the flight. All the movies were just in English.

Norwegian Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Banner Mike    (USA)

I've had bad experiences with all airlines with delays and what not but my trip from LAX to Gatwick and back on the Dreamliner went without a hitch. We didn't have a chance to book much in advance but while most airlines were quoting $2000, Norwegian was quoting $1500 and that's the reason we picked them. My trip out was in economy and the leg room for a 6'1" guy is not the best. I felt really cramped but other airlines are probably doing the same thing. We prepaid for the food/baggage/seat assignment (included in the $1500) and I recommend anyone do that but don't expect the food to be all that great. The chicken tasted boiled. On the way back I opted for premium economy. It was about $300 more which is not bad compared to other airlines but the only real pluses are increased leg room and a 2 suitcase allowance rather than 1 and slightly better food. The beef I had was not bad at all! You get a free glass of so-so wine with the meal and a Bailey's to cap it off (premium economy only) but I found it weird that I still had to cough up $7 for a beer later in the flight! Really? The movie choice was limited - I didn't know most of the titles but I guess there was enough choice to keep me amused. The electrochromic windows are weird. There's a button under each window to let you darken/lighten it but the crew take over the controls for most of the flight so you don't actually get to adjust it to your liking. Bring back the shades!

Norwegian Customer review :  27 August 2014 by L Fraser    (USA)

I booked to travel from LAX to LGW on 23rd July 2014 at 20.30. This was the start of the most horrendous travel experience I have had. I was travelling alone with my young son, and the whole ordeal was incredibly stressful. After 4 hours on the tarmac with nothing but crisps and coke (had to wait over 2 hours for this) the flight was cancelled. The airline could not - or would not - provide hotel accommodation for the night so we came home. We were rescheduled to fly 24 hours later, but this was cancelled too. "Technical issues". Again, no hotels and no alternative flights. Just as my son and I were about to sleep in the airport, Norwegian did save some grace by finding us a hotel room. We eventually flew at 12.30pm on 25th July - 2.5 days late. Yes, Norwegian were cheap which is why we tried them. However these economies were evidenced with shoddy planes, no support network with other airlines, and they were quite frankly bullied by LAX Airport. Even though the flight itself was faultless once it took off, and the return flight fine, I will never fly with Norwegian again.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 August 2014 by J Ledger    (UK)

I flew from London Gatwick to New York JFK, I am a frequent flyer on BA and had very low expectations for this flight. I opted for the Premium Economy service as that was their top tier class and I was over the moon with the whole entire experience. The worst thing about the flight was having to fly from Gatwick south terminal which is just awful, however everything about Norwegian was top class. The premium economy seats were extremely comfortable for a non flat bed seat, in comparison to Word Traveler Plus on BA it was simply incredible. Right from the offset I had a good experience with the express premium baggage check/check in desk and priority boarding on the flight. The food was presented in a very nice package, only down side is that they only had one option of fish available when they reached me (I don't eat fish). However the sides, dessert and drinks were delicious. The service was slightly slow but was excellent so didn't mind. They didn't have time to serve duty free as the wait until the very end, we landed early so they had only got to the front row before having to pack it up. Will 100% be flying with them again, just wish they had a route into Heathrow!

Norwegian Customer review :  21 August 2014 by S Harvey    (UK)

I am a fairly regular customer of Norwegian on their short haul routes from the UK to (and domestically within) Denmark over a number of years and have always found them very good and a certainly a cut above the other no frills airlines flying from the UK. I have recently flown with them for the first time Long Haul from LGW-JFK out on 7th August 2014 returning overnight on 12th/13th August 2014. I have to say that apart from a small delay on the outgoing flight the all round experience was excellent. 787 Dreamliner planes were comfortable and actually felt less cramped than larger planes on other UK airlines flying the same route. I had booked the extra legroom seats (rows 7 and 24 respectively) grab them if you can! Inflight entertainment system was like having your own ipad, state of the art and more reliable than other systems I have experienced with alternative British carriers. I actually managed to sleep a little on the return overnight flight which is a first for me on a long haul flight and I had little jet lag as a consequence. Cabin crew were efficient and friendly and the ambient lighting and windows which have automatic filtering depending on the external conditions were remarkable. On this experience I would be more than happy to book again long haul with Norwegian, London to New York for £365 return (including the extra meal, checked luggage and advanced reserved seat package) in August beats all other airlines hands down and offers as good as any other economy offering by other UK carriers.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 August 2014 by M Germain    (France)

My first and last time with Norwegian. I flew from Stockholm to NYC on July 30th and returned on August 6th. I booked with Norwegian because they offered a unique experience about the 787 and direct flights to NYC. I checked the flight status before leaving for the airport, my flight was delayed more than 5 hours with a new departure of 11 pm (instead of 5.30pm). I went to the airport on time to learn that the flight was definitely delayed because of a technical issue on the plane that occurred 2 days ago. After waiting 4 hours at the airport with my luggage, we were allowed to drop our luggage and check-in. I waited 1.5 hrs to drop my luggage. At the desk, the receptionist discreetly ask me if I would agree to switch to another flight (because of over-booking), the following day and Norwegian would offer me 600€. However, they were not able to tell me if the flight would be on time and if over-booking problems would be absorbed. I refused as I had to be in NYC the next day and he gave me a voucher for a meal. We were waiting 45 minutes without any explanations. Finally, we took of at 11.45, more than 6 hours after the scheduled departure. The plane was an old and dirty EuroAtlantic plane, seats were narrow, plane was dirty. The EuroAtlantic crew were welcoming but it didn't change the fact that the plane was so uncomfortable. To return we were on EuroAtlantic again with limited entertainment. The flight was only delayed one hour which was a good surprise. The plane was indeed old, with limited entertainment but still, better than the first one as we had larger seats and individual screens. Seats were old and not in a good shape but the crew were nice and we arrived 40 minutes late in Stockholm. Overall, my experience with Norwegian was not good at all. I will never fly with them again!

Norwegian Customer review :  16 August 2014 by W Lester    (UK)

We are currently sitting on a Norwegian airplane at Gatwick Airport. We were supposed to leave at 7.15pm but are still at the gate at 8.32pm No one has given us any information and the plane is sweltering hot, ok, we've finally been told that there's a fault with plane but they're not letting us off for another 20 min because there isn't anyone to authorise us getting off. This is a total joke.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 August 2014 by C Saban    (USA)

DY7006, 1 Aug 2014, New York - Stockholm-Arlanda. The original booking was to take the flight on the Dreamliner but that did not occur and the flight was subcontracted out to Portuguese Air. This appears to be a common practice for this airline and after reading the reviews is the basis of many of the complaints. We booked first class and found accommodations no better than economy. No pillows and few blankets. Flight crew was more interested in socializing during the flight rather than addressing the needs of customers. No entertainment during the entire 7 hour flight. Some of the restrooms were non-functional. Food was substandard. But what concerned me most was a lack of safety culture by the staff. Upon landing customers jumped out of their seats and started removing items from the overhead bins and remained standing as the plane proceeded to the airport. Not a word was said to anyone by the staff. In all my years of travel I have never observed such unsafe behavior. This is a no frills airline so take this into account before you begin the journey.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Luca Zocche    (France)

Flight 7002, 26 June, from New York to Oslo. Check-in staff were very nice and quick. The flight left half an hour late. The plane was very modern inside and the seats were very comfortable. The meals were small but okay. Flight arrived early in Oslo. I had a great experience aboard Norwegian and I will fly them again in the future.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Joanna Spencer    (UK)

Flown with Norwegian 3 times now, returning from Malaga on the 13/8/14. Aircraft clean and comfortable also free wi fi which is fantastic for the kids. My daughter had back surgery so I booked her a wheelchair, Norwegian were so helpful I cannot fault them, will always use them, also if you book in plenty of time I have always found them to be the cheapest, on these flights alone I save myself £450.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by D Lowe    (Australia)

Paris to Oslo rtn. It was not a new 737 with the sky interior, but it was clean and everything worked and the service was wonderful. We were travelling as a family of 7 and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The flight back was on one of their newest 737-800's with the sky interior and it was excellent. Comfortable seats and the WiFi was fast. Very impressed and would certainly fly Norwegian around Europe. The inflight snacks were nice (had the chicken sandwich and it was delicious). The only slight criticism is the 20kg luggage limit, but they make up for it with the 10kg carry-on limit.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by R Allison    (UK)

I have travelled quite often with Norwegian Air during the past. I have always been satisfied with their service until I travelled on flight DY1633 from Vienna to Oslo on 25 July 2014 when “the walls fell in”. The incoming flight from Oslo was about 3 hours late in arriving in Vienna. The waiting passengers were not aware of the reason for the planes delay in arriving. Shortly after the planes arrival in Vienna 5 or 6 Austrian police appeared and started taking 4 or 5 of the awaiting passengers out for further interrogation. No explanation was given by a member of the ground staff as to the reason for the 3 hour delay in arriving at Vienna which was apparently due to the connecting flight from Bodø to Oslo being delayed 3 hours because of fog. When we got on board at about 00.30 an explanation was given by the Captain as to the delay. Drinks were available on the flight but had to be paid for instead of being offered free of charge after such a long delay. The flight eventually arrived at Oslo Airport at about 03.00, over 3 hours late! As I had 2 tickets for the Airport Train to Sandvika I asked one of the flight attendants how I could get to Sandvika as no trains were available at that late hour. I was given a short rude reply to contact Norwegian Air’s Service company at Oslo Airport. I eventually did and the service company rudely told me to take a waiting bus to Oslo Centre and a taxi on to Sandvika and make a claim to Norwegian Air afterwards. Lack of information and rude flight attendants with, in my opinion, little experience has made me think twice about travelling with Norwegian Air again.

Norwegian Customer review :  15 August 2014 by C Kris    (USA)

We flew low fare from Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL) to Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH) on August 7. I had read the reviews so I knew what to expect - delays and no frills. Our flight was delayed 1 hour, found out via FLL website - no big deal. We did not pre order food, baggage or reserve seats. Flying as a couple, we checked in together and we assigned consecutive seats. Aircraft was new, media selection was good. Hard to sleep - lots of interruptions. There were 9 seats per row so a 3-3-3 set up. It's a 9 hour flight, it's an economy airline, it's what I expected. Don't buy food on the plane - it' starts at $4 cokes and $8 mini Bailey's. As a couple in our twenties traveling to Europe on a budget, it was satisfactory. We have 2 more Norwegian flights while here - will review again. Note on the FLL airport: if you have a late evening flight, be prepared that the shops/food close around 8.30 - disappointed not to get a meal. Not even a cup of water will be offered to you on the plane. Headphones/blankets not free. I brought a big sweater - that was a good decision.

Norwegian Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Hansen Henrik    (Denmark)

I had a one-way flight LAX-CPH, Dreamliner. No delay and service was good. The flight was cheap so that was fine. What I didn't like was that you get charged a lot on all services - food, luggage, blanket, seat and so on and the price level is very high. What I didn't like was that if you didn't pre-ordered food, then you have to wait to order food/drinks until after all the pre-ordered had got their service. The selection of food was either chips or a sandwich and to very steep prices - I took a cheese sandwich (no other option) and a 25cl red wine, total cost 19 USD. The temperature in the airplane was roughly 18C/64F, at least below what I am used to. I suspect that the Dreamliner plane has an advanced indoor climate where the temperature could be set electronically to a certain number so why didn't they set this from the start? If this was deliberately to make us buy blankets I don't know! Overall I don't like long overseas flights where you have to purchase food and drinks. A tip - buy food from the departure location (non airport) and save money.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Ollie Watts    (UK)

I flew DY7015 to New York from London Gatwick on July 15th and returned on DY7016 on 2nd August. Having booked flights last October due to very cheap fares, and being able to flying on the 787, I was not disappointed. I had read about the use of rented aircraft when things go wrong with their 787s, but I flew on the 787 on both flights without any technical delays. Both flights left just a bit behind schedule, but that was due to late passengers and the shear amount of aircraft movements at each airport. The first thing I noticed once stepping on board was the clean and fresh new smell (I flew on their newest 787 which was less than a month old) and the crew were very welcoming and helpful, much more so than BA long haul. My IFE stopped working within the first 20 minutes on the outbound flight and I had to share my mum and sister's, and the cabin crew didn't reset it despite being asked to twice, so that was my only disappointment. It worked fine on the return flight. The pre-ordered meal going out was actually quite nice but on the inbound flight was not the best, but economy airline food often isn't the best regardless of airline. The crew were attentive and friendly on both flights, engaging with the customers well and always did their best to help, which was great giving Norwegian are a low-cost airline. Well what can I say about the 787, it really is a pleasure to fly on! The electronically dimmable windows were cool and the size of the windows is quite large compared to similar size planes. It is a quiet plane even on takeoff so during cruise you aren't kept wide awake by the bellowing roar of the engines. I found the seats to be comfortable with great leg room (so much more compared to the likes of BA) and the mood lighting that changes colour gave a fresh feel to the flight. As an aspiring airline pilot/aviation enthusiast as well as a passenger all in all I loved my experience flying with Norwegian long haul on their 787! For a low cost airline the service is good, friendly crew, the pilots on the return flight were welcoming and kept us informed when possible about updates etc, and there were none of the notorious extraordinary delays that seem to affect a fair few of their long haul flights. I really hope their long haul expansion works out for them as they look set to receive 9 more 787s next year in addition to the 7 they already have, and that the technical issues that sometimes affect their 787s iron out. I would not hesitate to fly with them again giving the great fares. My parents are flying with them Gatwick-Barcelona in October and are eagerly anticipating their modern sky interior 737-800. If you want to fly long haul at half the price of the 'big boy' carriers, fly Norwegian, and don't be put off by some of the big delay stories you hear!

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by G Eye    (USA)

Flew OAK-Oslo on July 2nd. Had bought my ticket months earlier and was very excited to fly on the "Dreamliner". Reviews on this site as well as others left me a bit worried, so I was greatly relieved to see the Dreamliner roll into the gate at Oakland "International" Airport right on time. Check in was simple, quick and pleasant. Plane left on time. Flight crew professional and pleasant. The plane itself, being new, is great although not greatly different than a 777 or Airbus. I will say the improved cabin ventilation system seemed to make quite a difference upon arrival. Did not order food, but flight attendant comped me a beer and nuts after giving up my seat to a woman with two young kids. Arrived on time and did not have to worry about missing my connecting flights out of Oslo on another airline. Biggest drawback was the $36 half sandwich & beer I had at Oslo Airport. Not sure if I will fly them again as Oslo connections are poor and let's face it, the only people who can afford Norway are Norwegians.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Martin Joanne    (UK)

I flew Gatwick to Tenerife 23 July and returned 2 Aug with my family. I was very pleasantly surprised with this company after years of using EasyJet and Ryanair for short haul trips. Very comfortable seats with considerably more legroom than the other economy airlines. Extremely polite, efficient cabin staff, and again, I found the inflight service better and cheaper than the alternatives. I paid just over £800 for 5 return flights in the school summer holidays which was an absolute bargain. Would definitely use Norwegian Air again, very impressed!

Norwegian Customer review :  9 August 2014 by P Gustafson    (USA)

The flight from LAX to London on Norwegian Air's Dreamliner was superb. The crew were friendly and polite. The seats were comfortable. The entertainment system worked perfectly. The upgraded "nice and tasty" meal was quite good. A wonderful experience! Then came the return flight from Copenhagen to LAX. We waited 6 hours in the airport and 1 hour on the plane before takeoff with no explanations. The Customer Service offered a $10 meal voucher, but they were almost offensive in their behavior. Thinking we would be returning on the same airline that we flew to Europe on was an assumption we should not have made. To our dismay the Dreamliner was MIA and instead we ended up on EuroAtlantic. As if that wasn't enough of a stunner, the entertainment system was a total joke, no WiFi, our paid for "nice and tasty" upgraded meal never manifested and when we inquired about it the flight attendant got irritated, acting as though we were out of line to even ask. Never would I fly Norwegian Air again without an absolute guarantee that it would be the Dreamliner both ways, which will never happen. I can't understand why Norwegian Air would choose a rickety old plane with a rude crew to substitute. The one good thing, the pilot did get us home safely.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Stephanie de Ville Sarti    (USA)

Avoid Norwegian is my honest opinion and let me explain so many reasons why: Last week I accompanied my niece from LAX to LGW on Norwegian's advertised "dreamliner" aircraft. It turned into a 3 day delay and since we live hours away, my niece had to sleep in the airport as no hotel rooms were offered. We were given limited info from the "handling agents" at LAX for Norwegian, since apparently there is no actual Norwegian staff at any airport. I tried to call customer service. After excruciatingly long wait times, we got a very unfriendly person who sounded like they did not want to be there. I read other reviews where Norwegian farms out the Dreamliner sometimes to a "leasing" company and much older aircraft, well I did not believe it until my niece got a text message that her return flight would be on such an aircraft. It is nothing like the Dreamliner they proudly advertise. Well my mother always said, if you want cheap then you will get cheap. Now I see it firsthand. Avoid.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by R Chase    (USA)

We missed our connecting flight from Paris to Copenhagen. We contacted Norwegian Airlines at ORLY airport who informed us the flight would not be refunded or changed-the flight would still stand as is. So after spending 1000 euros to get trains to Copenhagen to catch our flight, it was then delayed 5 hours, and they switched us to an EuroAtlantic Boeing 777-200 from 1998 instead of the Dreamliner we had paid for! The plane was dirty, with food debris and trash all over and under seats. Very apparent it had not been cleaned at all. Seat arms were broken, the light switch above the seat broke apart when turned on. Also, the TVs did not work. On some TVs there was no audio. No entertainment package, games or wi-if that we had paid for and been promised. Also, the crew seemed lost and confused, obviously operating on a plane they were not familiar with. No complimentary drinks for 7 hours in between the 2 meals provided. The stewards were never around, never collected trash. I had to seek them out in the back of the plane where they were standing leaning over, earplugs in playing on their iPhones oblivious and disengaged from passengers and their needs. After reading all the previous comments, it appears Norwegian maybe doing a bait and switch, promising paid Dreamliner tickets but providing defunct, broken, dirty old planes, but collecting premium money for it.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by R Chase    (USA)

Norwegian did it to us also. Our flight was DY7091 Copenhagen to LAX aboard the Dreamliner on August 2nd. We also never received a text or phone call about the delay. Upon arriving at the airport and checking in we were given vouchers to eat to make up for the 5 hour delay. No one ever told us about the plane change. We proceeded to board a Euro Atlantic plane which we just assumed was maybe a sister company (Not the case). Our flight was the most miserable flight. This plane was old, dirty and even had ashtrays. We sat in seats that had white stuff sprayed all over from the previous flight and cups on the floor. One of the sinks in a bathroom was broken and another bathroom was completely out of service. The inflight entertainment or TV's did not work for most of the seats. The ones that did work had grainy and rolling pictures or no audio. My arm rest was broken and kept pinching me. You could not get a pillow or blanket. The overhead lights and remotes were hit and miss if they worked. This plane had no wifi, staff that were clueless, missing and just plain lazy. They did provide 2 meals with a drink. The food was ok, no drinks were offered between the meals that were served 1 hour 30 mins after take off and before landing. My kids were bored and had no entertainment but me for 11 hours as their DS died while being used in the airport during the delay. This was a horrible flight for an adult but worse for a family with kids. Warning it looks like this is a common practice for Norwegian if you can get your money back try to or take a different flight completely. This is an unacceptable chartered plane Norwegian has leased to deal with the Dreamliner problem and they have been doing this to passengers for months.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by S Hanv    (USA)

New York (JFK) to Copenhagen (round-trip), July, 2014. This route (JFK-CPH) is contracted out to EuroAtlantic Airways and uses a Boeing 777 with a friendly and efficient Portuguese crew. The airplane has leather seats, older headrest entertainment screens (including a navigation channel), bring your own earbuds, blanket/sweater, pillow and hand sanitizer. The price you pay includes a 22 pound carry-on bag any checked baggage has an extra charge. JFK-CPH - Norwegian Air uses the generic check-in counter and generic agents at the far-end (southern side) of Terminal 1 at JFK. You only need your passport to check-in. The agents didn't seem too concerned with weight limits. The plane loaded from rear to front at the gate. No pillows, blankets or earbuds. Everyone got a free dinner (tasty) and a skimpy pour of free wine. Everyone got a free box breakfast also. Many drinks were offered during the flight. Since they didn't give out blankets, the plane was kept uncomfortably warm. Overhead storage filled quickly. CPH-JFK - Norwegian uses it's own employees at the Copenhagen check-in counter. Only a passport was needed to receive a boarding pass. Checked baggage was weighed. Carry-on bags were never weighed. Only two generic employees at the gate: one allowed entry to a secured seating area at the gate after checking passports and boarding passes; the second, allowed everyone to board at once and collected boarding passes. Boarding went smoother than the rear-first boarding at JFK. Everyone got a free dinner (tasty) and a free large pour of wine and a free box breakfast. Many drinks were offered during the flight. No blankets, pillows or earbuds. The plane was kept at a comfortable temperature. Lots of room in overhead storage. I purchased the Norwegian package that included a reserved seat, a meal and one checked bag (44 pounds/ 20 kilos). If you arrive three hours prior to the flight you'll be the first to choose from the unreserved seats, since everyone got free meals, there was no need to pay for it and a checked bag can be purchased separately. I would not have flown Norwegian Air if I had a connecting flight and I would think twice before I took a flight within Europe with them.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by A Canella    (USA)

Terrible service, one of the worst flights I've been on. Flew from Riga to Miami. My connecting flight was "final call "1 hr before takeoff. The lounge they packed us in was tiny causing most of us to have to sit on the floor. Inflight services were terrible, no beverages were offered periodically, instead you would have to request awkwardly. I don't mind being charged for what I eat, what was terrible was that there was no real food to choose from, only nachos, chips, peanuts, and garbage food. This service was not available for large potions of the flight. At the end off the long flight I was feeling very starved. Cost of flight included nothing which makes it hard to compare with flights that do when shopping. Extra for choosing Seats, no included check baggage. My bag that was 5KG over weight cost £185. Will never fly again.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by S Davis    (USA)

DY7087, Stockholm/Arn to Los Angeles/LAX. Do not fly Norwegian Airlines! 2pm flight started with a 3hr delay and became a 9+hr delay. 8/01/2014. No info, no updates, no vouchers stuck in Stockholm. Went to another airline to trade in the ticket and was told "No one will accept or deal with Norwegian Airlines". Save yourself the headache. Do not fly Norwegian Airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by C Corrine    (USA)

I flew to Oakland, CA from Stockholm via Norwegian Air and was sorely disappointed with the entire experience. The flight was delayed for over seven hours with no explanation or communication. My husband only found out about the delay when he checked us in online, the airline did not bother to send us a notification email. We were subsequently forced to endure a redeye flight instead of the pleasant midday flight we were expecting. Several of the flight attendants were snippy and rude, likely due to the inconvenience this delay caused them as well. Further, the exit row seating is severely cramped, diminishing the comfort. Overall, I would avoid this airline in the future and would advise others to do so as well.

Norwegian Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Nick Wilcockson    (USA)

Aug 1st. Flight DY7087 from Arlanda to Los Angeles. Almost 8 hours delay. Scheduled departure time was 1400 and actual departure was 2145. We had driven 3 hours to Arlanda airport to check-in at 11am to be told that due to technical reasons the flight was delayed 2 hours until 1610. This then became 1840 and subsequently 2040. The announcements were made on the departure notice board. There was not one Norwegian Air employee to speak to at the airport. Given a 100 kroner meal voucher which barely covered the cost of a sandwich. The whole experience was a nightmare and we eventually got to LAX at midnight instead of 1615. The cabin staff were very polite and apologetic telling me that Norwegian Air long haul flights have a lot of problems and are very often delayed. I checked out the historical data for flights from Arlanda to Los Angeles and found that there were delays on 5 out of 6 flights the previous week with average delays of over 3 hours and in some instances cancellations. This was our second similar bad experience in a year with Norwegian. Never again and the flying public should be warned.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Carmen Elrod    (USA)

My first and last Norwegian flight from Ft Lauderdale Fl to Copenhagen (connecting flight to Munich and then Thessaloniki) was delayed 2.5 hours without giving notice by text or email on July 15th, 2014). Upon arriving to the Ft Lauderdale airport 2 hrs prior to flight, we were told flight was delayed 2 hrs, which made us miss both connecting fights in Copenhagen and Munich, hence, having to repurchase new expensive tickets in Copenhagen, re- routing us to Stockholm, and then to our final destination in Greece (Thessaloniki). This airline might less expensive, but they charge for blankets, pillows, earphones, food (on an almost 10 hr flight). On our returning flight of 9 hours, we were denied food or drinks by flight attendant!

Norwegian Customer review :  4 August 2014 by D Flores    (USA)

Recently flew LAX to Copenhagen to LAX - It was not the Dreamliner but the budget 20 yr old EuroAtlantic with the Portuguese flight attendants. I had read about this but was hoping it would not happen to us. I asked when we were checking in and they said the Dreamliner was not going to be ready until Aug 1 and that we should have received some sort of notice. We did not. The overnight flight was fairly empty but my husband's row had non-functioning lights and as mentioned in other comments, there were only two movie channels, one for kids "Rio 2" only in Portuguese and very grainy. They did not give my kids a kids meal, and never came around with water after the meal service (very strange). The flight back wasn't as spooky since it was a full flight and during the day. But it was the same low, low cost charted flight with a very budget service and the same two movies in Portuguese. What a disappointment! Not the Dreamliner experience.

Norwegian Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Scott Sarem    (USA)

DY7091, July 1 2014. when we boarded the plane, we noticed that there was residue all over the tray table in my seat and the seat next to mine. I alerted the flight attendant and she gave me a napkin and told me to clean it up. I would expect that the airplane would be clean and habitable. When I went to the bathroom to wet the napkin, I noticed the bathroom had not been cleaned from the prior flight. Once the flight started we were told that the entertainment system on the plane did not work. It did not work the entire flight even though the crew stated that they reset it numerous times. It is difficult to fly with children for 12 hours without entertainment. We paid for a service we did not receive. I ordered a meal for my wife online and stated that she had a nut allergy. When the food was being served on the plane there was absolutely no order to it and the flight attendants did not seem to know what they were serving. I asked the flight attendant about the food and she had no idea what was being served. She did however, state that she thought there were no nuts, but then states she did not have a roster of what was to be served. Had we known that Norwegian was going to hire a second rate charter company to fly us home from Copenhagen, where the plane was dirty, the food was bad, the entertainment system did not work, and the staff were rude, we would not have booked the flight. We will never fly Norwegian again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8