Norwegian Passenger Reviews and Norwegian Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Norwegian Customer review :  23 October 2013 by A Beswick    (UK)

LGW-ACE. On time, new 737s, comfy bucket seats, good legroom, free wi-fi was brilliant and a real bonus compared to BA and Easyjet. Staff were great, cant fault it. You can also choose any seat for free at the time of booking, including exit rows.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 October 2013 by K Simpson    (UK)

Flew Malaga - Gatwick, great friendly crew, modern clean aircraft. There wasn't the feeling that you were on a low cost carrier. Will use them again. I did feel the charges for food and beverage were a bit high.

Norwegian Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Havnegjerde Kristoffer    (UK)

Fly Norwegian more or less 15 times a year return between various places. All but one has been excellent in regards to on time. Service and product has been very satisfactory. Nice clean cabin in comparison to other low cost airlines. Wifi is a bonus. Staff are friendly for the most. All in all a pleasant travel experience. Probably the best low cost experience in Europe as far as my experience goes. Great app for the smart phones available, any gate or time changes it will alert you by SMS. I will try their long haul flights when it becomes available from Gatwick in 2014.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 October 2013 by M Prawdzik    (UK)

CPH-LGW, DY3516 on 15 October. As a nervous flyer I did not hesitate choosing Norwegian on this last minute booking, knowing their fleet is modern and free wi-fi on board definitely helps to kill time during turbulence. As soon as I boarded the aircraft I let the flight attendant know I was experiencing strong flight anxiety, to which she responded by giving me a bottle of water and offered me a less turbulence-prone seat in the front aisle row of the aircraft (before I was at the back in the last row). As soon as we took off other members of the crew constantly kept on making sure I was fine and when some moderate turbulence before landing occurred, a male crew member sat by me and talked reassuringly. On top of everything the pilot made various announcements during the flight and communicated with passengers. These small things and professional flight crew contribute to the fact that I will definitely choose Norwegian in the future.

Norwegian Customer review :  16 October 2013 by P Halpin    (UK)

Just travelled from Malaga to Gatwick, very modern plane, efficient friendly staff, great having free WiFi. A very good low cost Carrier, not all the constant advertising announcements like Ryanair. Great price, would highly recommend Norwegian, and certainly will travel with them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  8 October 2013 by L Hoff    (USA)

Stockholm to Bangkok. Flight was pretty much on time and they weren't as strict with carry ons as other budget airlines, but those are the only 2 good things I have to say. The plane was very old, no WiFi, you pay extra for food, the ancient movie screens did not work for more than half of the 10 hour flight and the flight attendants were not helpful or knowledgeable at all. I would never fly with them again.

Norwegian Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Paul Samiec    (UK)

LGW-GCN (Gatwick to Gran Canaria). Unfortunately, low cost airline means in this case a lot. The price was ok, but it's really showing what are you paying for. The seats are the most uncomfortable I have seen. If passenger next to you is a little bit bigger than the size of the seat, then you are just stuck and pushed. Free wi-fi is a good advertising option, but works very slowly. It takes several attempts to make anything work on Wi-Fi. Another rip off is the bar on board. They don't accept payments in Euros! Only credit cards and UK Pounds. The worst part of flying with Norwegian is the rude staff. It happened both ways: from London and back from Gran Canaria. There is a lot they can learn from EasyJet. If you a looking for a very basic flight, without being fussy about service on board, quality of seats and rudeness of staff then Norwegian is for you. Otherwise I will suggest trying some other airlines.

Norwegian Customer review :  2 October 2013 by J Tuomimaki    (Finland)

We booked a 3 week trip to Thailand and started our journey on September 7th from Oslo where our flight was scheduled to depart directly to Bangkok. Problems started immediately. Aircraft had technical problems and boarding was delayed several times. During the exhaustive wait information was given in Norwegian until the angry non-Norwegian customers demanded English announcements. Eventually the captain announced that the crew ran out of work time. We were taken to a low budget airport hotel late in the evening to spend the night and were told that we had to be back at the airport at 5 am next morning. We returned to find that the flight was delayed again to 8 am. They decided to give up fixing the plane and arranged to fly everyone to Stockholm in order to get on to a new plane to Bangkok. Naturally this required 3 separate flights to get everyone and the luggage there. Finally we took off from Stockholm towards Thailand after over 24 hours of waiting. Return flight had no more success than the first one. As I'm writing this, our original flight from Bangkok to Oslo is already cancelled and there is no information whether Norwegian is able to get us back home somehow. Our original departure was scheduled at 9 am on Friday 27th and now it is 5 pm on Saturday 28th. Very unacceptable, unprofessional and below any standards considering that we are living in the year 2013.

Norwegian Customer review :  30 September 2013 by V Hawkwood    (UK)

Travelled return from LGW to Gran Canaria using this airline for the first time as they have great early morning flights, ie 5.35 and 5.50. Check in both ends quick and stress free. Punctual take offs followed by enjoyable smooth and comfortable flights and added bonus of free wifi on board. Ground staff and air crew nice, helpful and very professional. Also regular audible updates from the cockpit during both flights. This will always be our airline of choice in the future.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 September 2013 by D Hodson    (UK)

LGW-BCN return. Given the price paid, was expecting an ultra-LCC. Instead was pleasantly surprised by the modern fleet, spacious interior, reclining seats, overhead monitors and friendly and professional service. Not militant about hand luggage which meant boarding was fast and easy. Free WiFi is a real bonus. Would go out of my way to choose Norwegian over their many competitors on this route.

Norwegian Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Honto Leung    (UK)

I fly between Stockholm and London twice a week. I initially flew with SAS but their punctuality was outrageous. Tried BA, just as bad so tried Norwegian. At first they were good, but steadily the planes are arriving later and later. I pay on average £450 for a return trip economy. This is now the 3rd Sunday in a row where the flight has been delayed. Be interesting to hear the excuse for this week. Considering it is only a 2 hour flight, delays of 45 mins are not really acceptable. To be honest all Scandinavian flights are a joke and they are all as bad as each other.

Norwegian Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Tiina Seppälä    (Finland)

HEL-CPH-HEL, 16 September 2013. Booked my first flight with Norwegian and it turned out to be my worst air travel experience. Low cost airline service: paying for every little service (baggage, seat selection, drinks) separately is not for me. I cannot recommend to anyone. Wifi didn't work.

Norwegian Customer review :  19 September 2013 by P Darin    (Thailand)

My first time with low cost airline on a long haul flight which truly reflects the meaning of "low-cost, low punctuality, low manageability". My flight from Bangkok to Stockholm was 30 hours delayed while flight from Oslo to Bangkok was also 20 hours delayed. Reason given were due to "technical problem". They used the new dream-liner for this route but, technical problem were the reasons for both delay. No mobile phone messages were received on any flight time update. Arrangement for hotels after overnight delay was also a mess. Passengers had to wait in line for almost an hour at 1 am after waiting at the terminal for 10 hours to get hotel and bus voucher. Airline staff at the terminal were unable to answer any questions or help with any re-booking, you were on your own to call Norwegian and figure things out yourself. Announcement at the terminal were always only in Norwegian, no English announcements. Below standard in absolutely everything.

Norwegian Customer review :  17 September 2013 by L Davaine    (Australia)

Return trip from Helsinki to Copenhagen. Outbound flight was to be at 07h00. Neither my friend on the same booking or I received any notification that the time had changed. After the arduous task that is getting through security check at Helsinki airport, at 06h50 we hear over the PA that we were running late and have 1 min to board. On boarding, the guy next to us showed us an SMS he'd received earlier that morning to say it was now early - where was my message? To change the time, to choose to not notify me and then give me poor attitude and sass as I approach the plane on the gangway when I'm not in the wrong is disgusting. Return flight was fine. Return was only 10 mins late, there was no attitude and we were kept updated. However, bearing in mind that all they can do is promote the fact that they're the first European airline to offer free wifi onboard, you should know that it is incredibly slow to connect to the initial page outside their own domain. Additionally, if the captain or purser make an announcement, it resets the wifi and you have to endure that wait all over again, so the free wifi that they use as the balance to all negativity is not all that great. There is no offer of anything regarding food/drink, despite the flight time and it being international, but I figure that's a Nordic thing, maybe? Other points like seating are neutral. They're not cramped, but not the most comfortable. IFE was pathetic. In all, fly with Norwegian if you only care about price or if it absolutely essential that you have onboard wifi and can handle the speeds/resets. Avoid them if you would like nice and friendly staff, or if you like to know when there's a chance that you'll miss your flight.

Norwegian Customer review :  13 September 2013 by L Roberto    (USA)

Stockholm to NYC. At check-in there was a long waiting line. I arrived from a domestic flight with SAS, where my luggage weighted 21 kg. At DY check in the same luggage showed 23.5 kg. DY ground staff knew what was behind it so let me go. Problems onboard: cold cabin at the start of the flight (blankets on sale for 5$) but then after 1 hour they changed the temperature and blankets weren't needed anymore! Food was included, far less than needed so it was an appetizer and most passengers of course after the 'meal' had to buy a real meal in the form of snacks, internet (it appears everywhere that they offer it, but they didn't). Good: The Dreamliner (nice to see one for the first time), great window screens technology, great cabin, decent leg space, and new aircraft. In-flight attendants? Most were Asian looking, young, efficient, polite. At the end even if you had to pay 50$ more for blanket and extra food, the One Way flight still cost less than 600$, as opposed to e.g. SAS 1800$ Moral: just bring your own snack and jumper, don't expect any wonders, but a decent safe flight, and it will be OK and much cheaper to fly with DY.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2013 by D Shoog    (UK)

Bangkok to Oslo on 787. Paid extra to choose a window seat and brought a packed lunch. I was really delighted with my flight. I'm 6 foot and what really makes a long haul flight good for me is how far forward I can put my feet and how much wiggle room I have for moving my legs. Loads of space here, I could cross my legs while the person in front had their seat reclined. This flight easily beat quite a few airlines that I've flown similar routes with in the last couple of years on that alone, and that does it for me entirely. I think it was a more upright seating position and less recline in the seats than other airlines, maybe not for you if that's what does it for you, I could sleep when I wanted no problem. Plus a big fail to Oslo airport who had several hundred international transfer passengers cueing in a corridor to one x-ray machine and expensive beer.

Norwegian Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Mark Hayward    (UK)

DY7202, BKK-OSL. At Bangkok there was no Business Class Check-in, similarly no Fast Track and no access to any lounge facilities. On board the (Portuguese hired) plane there was no pre-departure drink, towels or any other service normally given. Only concession was a larger, more spacious seat as I was in 1C. Flight crew were all very amateur, appeared rushed and somewhat confused as to procedures. Pre Flight Safety Demonstration was almost non existent and consisted of an announcement asking passengers to refer to the Safety Information Card in seat pocket. No initial drinks service given, beverages only permitted with the meal service. The food service can only be described as disgraceful, a cardboard box containing very basic utensils and awful food was thrown in front of me. Cabin staff were not interested in giving any kind of service and almost immediately they completed the distribution of the food boxes, they commenced collection of same, rushing to complete as soon as possible. The entertainment system was extremely poor, no choice or personal music. On arrival at Oslo the Cabin Crew did not know which door would be used to disembark from, resulted in all passengers remaining on the plane 15 minutes after arrival at the gate. Baggage then took a further hour to arrive in the hall, concluding one of the worst flights I have ever had the displeasure to travel on.

Norwegian Customer review :  9 September 2013 by A Barton    (UK)

Manchester - Stockholm and return. Great value for money, modern aircraft, friendly service. Could you need anything else on short haul flights - I don't think so. Flights on time, Wi-Fi onboard too so time passed quickly, easy check in at both airports. Far superior than other low-cost airlines. Definitely recommend this airline, and will definitely use them again. Not sure what the long-haul service would be like, but great for short hops across Europe.

Norwegian Customer review :  5 September 2013 by N Muggridge    (UK)

Flight London Gatwick to Helsinki and return, both in almost new 737-800s. Both flights comfortable and on time. On board services by staff were all fine. Refreshment range fairly limited, and all quite expensive. Airline recommended to us and we would also recommend them.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8