Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Niall    (Australia)

IST-KUL-BNE in late October. We fly annually to Europe with MAS. The service only seems to get better. The cabin crew were uniformly helpful and pleasant. Food and beverage service very good. The only area needing improvement is their lounge at KL which is getting a bit tired and at times very crowded. Also the lounge used at Istanbul being the Millenium Lounge is an embarrassment. Any of the other lounges would be a better choice by MAS. We will continue to fly Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Hussin Norhilman    (Malaysia)

Over the years, Malaysia Airlines is going bad. The service is one of the worst I have ever had. Heard a lot of people say the cabin crew treat Asians differently if compared to Europeans. I guess where you come from affects their service towards you. Everything in Malaysia Airlines is downgraded, the comfort, the services, the food etc.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by J Teoh    (Australia)

LHR-KUL-SYD in Business class. LHR-KUL on the A380. Check-in agent at LHR very friendly and advised of fast-track through security and location of lounge. First class lounge (due to OneWorld Emerald status) very nice with great views of the tarmac and having a good selection of food at the buffet stand. A-la-carte menu was of excellent quality. The staff at the lounge were very helpful, friendly and accommodating, making the experience a complete pleasure. Priority boarding not quite what it should be, as there is a boarding gate for business class passengers and economy passengers on the upper deck who board together, and a separate boarding gate for first class passengers and economy passengers on the lower deck. Despite this, boarding was relatively quick, orderly and efficient. Non-alcoholic pre- departure drinks offered. Flight was delayed due to a crew member being injured prior to departure and they had to wait for a replacement crew to arrive. Seat was very comfortable in both the sitting and flat positions. There was also plenty of storage space for personal items. Good selection of IFE with a reasonable amount of latest releases. Cabin crew were excellent on this sector. They were very friendly and helpful throughout the flight. Pre-ordered meal through their Chef-on-call service was honoured. Quality of meals on this sector was quite good. Flight arrived late into KUL but some time was made up in the air. However, it meant that the connection for the flight to SYD was still a bit tight. KUL-SYD was on a new A330-300. This flight was held back to ensure that connecting passengers and their luggage made it onto the flight, which was much appreciated. Cabin crew again were great on this flight. My pre- ordered meal was honoured and it was excellent. This was probably the best steak I've ever had in the air! The satay, of course, was excellent. IFE similar to what was on offer on the A380 flight from LHR to KUL. The seat is comfortable in the sitting position but not so much in the angled flat position. Storage space for personal items is very poor on these seats. Flight arrived an hour late into SYD. Check-in luggage did make it through but did not come out first. However, I was just glad that the luggage made it to SYD. Overall, a great experience and one that I will continue to use due to the consistency of service standards and good value for money.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by E Bannon    (UK)

Travelled London to Melbourne and return via Kuala Lumpur on A380 and A330. What was otherwise a pleasant journey was marred by poor quality of food served on all 4 legs.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Van Ngoun    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-PNH/BKK-KUL-MEL. Everything was just ok, not fantastic with this so-called 5 star airline. The most disappointing was the catering - very average. How could they serve us a below-par sausage roll for a main meal. I noted they are cutting corner with food. Why? I don't know. The best was 30 kg luggage allowance and that's all. Will fly with them again if the price is right (cheap) but have to bring my own food along.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Y Ren    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-CGK-KUL-PEK PVG-KUL-SYD in Business. I have to say the service improved a lot with MH this time. Not every leg was great but I have to say most of legs are better than I expected and better than my last experience with MH. I discovered I could use QF first lounge in SYD as a Emerald member, great experience as always. service between SYD KUL SYD are better than medium haul such as KUL-PEK and PVG-KUL. KUL-CGK-KUL legs are okay but nothing special. For 2 hours flights it is okay. No toiletry bags was distributed for 6 hours flight from KUL to PEK. PVG-KUL leg was not great, one of staff in business class was really unprofessional. I ordered chef on demand when I booked my ticket, but seem they mixed up my booking. Never mind the staff member was really unprofessional, could not care less it is airline mixed up the meals. The flight could not land in KL due to the bad weather. We have to land in Penang and waited for two more hours. First lounge in KL is good but so dated. I think MH is going to do some renovation. Seats are not great, you can only have 3 positions and not designed for lounging only for sit and sleep. It was a much better trip than my previous trip with MH. I hope MH could keep it up as I am going to travel again in couple of weeks.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by T Myers    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled from London to KL on MH3. 10.50am on 29th Oct 2013. I would like to comment about the food. The fruits were either too hard or too soft. It would be better to serve only ripe fruits as the rest is inedible. Chose fruits that travel well and put them together. The watermelon was over-ripe and the kiwi fruit was rock hard. Also, the satay beef was too dry. This is the second time I have noticed this in Business class recently.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by S Kamal    (France)

KUL-CDG. Experienced a wonderful time on board the MAS A380. FA's were extremely attentive, friendly nonetheless. The reclined seat was comfortable. IFE was OK with a variety of international and local films. Worth every penny flying with MAS. Highly recommended to all.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by A Chudleigh    (Australia)

Flew Malaysia Airlines 4 times in the last month. The flight departing Kuala Lumpur to Sydney at 22.50 provided no evening meal but a snack only. This turned out to be an inedible mushroom sausage roll. The alternative (non vegetarian) was not available. This is clearly inadequate for a 5 star airline particularly as we had been on a connecting flight with a 3 hour transit at KL and the breakfast serving would not be for 5 hours. Malaysia certainly need to lift their catering for long haul flights.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by S Laing    (UK)

Flight MH001 - LHR-KL. In a word excellent. IFE, food, comfort and service cannot be faulted. Clean, spacious A380, professional cabin crew. Flight MH1164 - KL-PEN. Good, efficient short-haul connection.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by J Lowder    (Australia)

Firstly, we arrived at Melbourne Airport with a stack of ski gear, right up to our luggage limit. One of us was over, one under - one spot on. The lady just asked for passports and said "they're being strict on the luggage tonight, just shuffle some stuff between the bags and I'll weigh them again". We got the same at Narita on the way home (even when we were running a little late because of a train ticket mix up on the way). Food was good (except for those disgusting chicken sausage roll things we got for the "light snack"), and the vegetarian options are a little crap. Seats were comfortable with wings that allowed you to get some shut eye on the full flights. Leg room was ok (but I'm 6'3") so I'm used to being uncomfortable sitting anywhere. Drinks came around every hour to keep everyone hydrated. The entertainment system was fine, staff were pleasant.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by T Betts    (USA)

LAX-NRT-KL-DPS and return. Where did this gem of an airline come from. Usually take JAL or Cathy Pacific - but the ticket price was worth a chance. Unbelievable Satay and meals. Gate staff in NRT were a bit frigid, but all others were spot on. FA, both male and female were wonderful and took the time to talk with the passengers about themselves. Unfortunately, they had to apologise for the seats and knew that they were not the greatest - but at least they were honest. Video, movie etc on a par with the other carriers. KL lounge was beautiful - unlike LAX - but the shared lounge in NRT had little to no food - but they went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Top shelf service based on the value of the ticket. Can hardly wait to fly them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2013 by C Sugowdz    (Australia)

I had 4 flights with Malaysia last month, Sydney to Istanbul via KL and return. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews here but I have to say that I was delighted with everything. The person next to me on the IST - KUL leg left some belongings in the lounge and told the onboard staff who sent someone to retrieve them! Service was excellent and wonderful value for money. I'm not tall and didn't find the angled seats a problem. The only problem on this flight was having to turn off all electronic devices, even those in flight mode which was a bit annoying as I only had a Kindle and a tablet to read as something was causing interference in the cockpit.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2013 by J Bowen    (UK)

KUL-Heathrow. Great airline. The plane was clean and the staff were friendly. There was an excellent choice of films, documentary, comedy, etc. The food was great for airline food, even a smoked salmon side salad. I would fly with this company again.