Malaysia Airlines

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | Sandakan to Kuala Lumpur. I enjoyed the flight. Check in was quite smooth and the flight left on time. The staff were efficient and helpful. The IFE had good choices but as is often the case with Malaysian Airlines, it was not working properly. Lunch was very pleasant, better then the MH flight from Phuket to KL.
RouteSandakan to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"staff were friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Kuala Lumpur. Check in at Phuket Airport is very crowded and very slow. The plane left on time, staff were friendly and helpful. Food was nothing to get excited about. A chicken wrap some nuts and water. I was surprised they didn't serve any soft drink. Surprisingly the internal flight I took later from Sandakan to Kuala Lumpur had better food. IFE was ok, though as often happens with Malaysian Airlines the touch screen was not working particularly well.
RoutePhuket to Kuala Lumpur

"Overall, very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Perth to Manila via Kuala Lumpur. Very disappointed with Malaysia Airlines. Both flights are delayed (at least 1 hour). My luggage had also been damaged. Entertainment from Manila to Kuala Lumpur is not working. Flight from Perth to Manila was fine, no issues but it was not as expected. Flight back from MNL to PER had been a frustration. Overall, very disappointed.
RouteManila to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"lacked good customer service skills"

Trip Verified | The bag drop off experience at KL airport was chaotic: We had done online check-in, which left us to drop our bags off. Some people already had tags with them but there weren't any machines in the terminal to print them out - so we asked for assistance. The Malaysia Airlines assistant was alone and crawling under requests, she advised we only had to queue but was not convincing at all in her advice. During the flight, my boyfriend and I were instructed in a very directive way to sit down (whilst stretching our legs at the back of the flight because the back of the plane was for crew only). This was pretty strange as every other flight we've ever flown has allowed people to walk up and down and stretch their legs if needed even at the back of the plane. The thing that was most off-putting was the way we were spoken to (which I'd describe as being outright rude). We incurred an hours delay for take off on the 1st leg and 30 min on the return leg. We had breakfast (omelette, fruit juice, fruits and yogurt) at 1pm KL time when we expected lunch. We were also told that we had no option, as they were out of any other options. Other passengers also complained about this fact. After breakfast I went to ask for some peanuts, but I was told "No, later" by one of the stewardesses - whom I'm assuming was the Chief Stewardess. First of all, we did not have a choice for "lunch" and then to be declined a little snack after, when MAS fares are higher than other carriers (who also serve more food) is disappointing. We found the cabin crew to be really direct and lacked good customer service skills. It's a shame as we've flown with MAS before and have always thought that they were a great airline. We're more than disappointed flying with them this time around from LHR-KUL and back again. The plane was a A350, KL0004 on Wednesday April 12th 2018 departing 09.50 AM from KL to LHR We have decided never to fly with MAS again. The experience is a disappointment and truly a shame for such an airline company with high potential. We will go back to flying with Emirates or Etihad in the future- as they are more affordable and as a customer, you come away feeling as you have been treated like a customer vs. being "cattle".
RouteKuala Lumpur to London Heathrow
Date FlownApril 2018

"flight was delayed 45 mins"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Langkawi to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur. On our way to Langkawi the flight was delayed 45 mins, and the flight back to Kuala lumpur (which was a connection to Phuket) was delayed 45 mins, and we missed our connecting flight. Worst customer service, booked us another flight that departs 5 hrs later and gave us lunch vouchers for 20 MYR!! Which is 5$. Spoke to their representative at the counter to book us another flight on another airline but zero customer service.
RouteLangkawi to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"my experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Travelled through Malaysia Airlines from Delhi to Denpasar, Bali. My overall experience was really good, I was little apprehensive while booking the tickets with this airlines but the offered good deal, so booked. My flight was on 29th March 2018 to Kuala Lumpur and after the halt of 3 hours from Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar. The flight was in a very good condition, with in house entertainment with all the latest movies and songs. Above all special care was taken about the safety with proper announcements from time to time. Great leg space was there in the economy class. Just one issue they have to be mare careful about baggage handling. They also provided 30 kg free baggage and served foods and drinks. So my experience was very good will travel in future also
RouteDelhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur

"The flight was good"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur. Due to my data plan was up, I couldn’t do a mobile check in, so I came to the airport 2,5 hours before the flight in Phnom Penh. Reaching departure terminal, I found out that check in counter was not opened yet. It seems that check in counters are used by several airlines at the airport. The flight was good, departed on time, food was okay. Landing at KUL was a little bit delay due to weather condition.
RoutePhnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2018

"Hate this imposing alcohol ban"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur returning to Ho Chi Minh City. Both legs on the ageing B737-800’s. Check-in was fast and friendly, but the counters opens only 120 minutes prior to take off, which is too narrow timeslot. Flights punctual to perfection. This is my 20th flight with Malaysia Airlines and I have had no delays nor luggage problems with them. On the contrary, they have helped me effectively from their help-desk if I want to make changes. Always easy to make changes with Malaysia Airlines. I love these big, thickly bolstered seats in the 737’s. Cabin crew were professional and very friendly. Special meal pre-ordered and given. Tried also one of their three options of hot food from the menu cards given to all passengers in business class. Would have appreciated a glass of wine, but not even a simple beer could be provided. Hate this imposing alcohol ban on a prestigious airline – that put them into same category as Egypt Air, PIA, Saudia Arabian, and alike. They have lost a lot of passengers due to that policy though they may also have gained a few. The airline seems to be on its rise and the new lounges in KLIA are impressive and nice. Lounge access in KLIA is almost unlimited, I tried three of their Golden Lounges. Sublime standards. Luggage delivered very quickly. All this for a very decent price-tag making it a pleasure for me to take this big detour from PNH till SGN. Miles and flyer tier points given.
RoutePhnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur

"Food was very average"

Trip Verified | This is the first time in about 5 years I have flown with Malaysia Airlines from London to Kuala Lumpur. Found they were much better 5 years ago than now, 13 hour flight and not one alcohol drink. Nothing nicer than watching a film or having dinner with a wine. Food was very average, staff average, so overall experience was average. Will from now on try avoid Malaysia Airlines for long flights, one plus was that the inflight entertainment was good.
AircraftA350-900
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur

"food absolutely atrocious"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I travelled Tokyo to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur. Aircraft are changed A330-300 to A380-800. Usually, bigger aircraft is better than small one, but A380-800 isn’t good. I think Malaysia Airlines don’t want to continue to use A380, so they won’t update A380’s cabin. Inflight entertainment is terrible for Japanese; only English or Malay, only limited contents provided for Japanese. My seats display was a little bit broken and I cannot see the camera view (vertical tail camera). Seats are not bad, upper deck is better. Food is absolutely atrocious. I chose terrible tasting chicken spaghetti. Even pickles are unpalatable. It’s cheap ticket, but I don’t want to chose Malaysia Airline again. If your baggage can go in the cabin, you should chose LCC. KUL-BKK flight is better than NRT-KUL.
AircraftA380-800