Malaysia Airlines

"I would use again"

Verified Review | Singapore to Tokyo via Kuala Lumpur. Personal space on the Boeing 737 well exceeded the narrow body room on Qantas. 5 abreast on the A330 was acceptable but obviously narrower than some direct aisle 4 abreast alternatives. However the A380 upper deck configuration in the front section of business class was excellent. Service on all four flights exceeded expectation and the food especially those satay sticks was amongst the best in the air. I can live without alcohol on short haul flights and the choices were limited on the longer flights but this is a small concern. Toilet facilities were sufficient and kept clean. One flight 30 minutes late. This is an airline I would use again.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330 / A380
RouteSingapore to Tokyo via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2017

"do not see the quality is there"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai. I had not been travelling with Malaysia Airlines for quite sometime. I can't believe that there was no wine being served at all in Economy Class, and even for non-alcoholic drinks the choices were limited to either juices or carbonated drinks. Secondly, as an avid coffee drinker, the coffee served was tasteless without a single smell of coffee, it seems to me that it was not even prepared with grinned coffee bean but rather from instant coffee powder. The food that was below the standard economy meal that I was expecting, the bread was cold, the dessert which was a piece of banana cake. The flight attendant was not attentive, where she missed out in serving me the bread, and I had to request for it. Aside of being a direct flight, I do not see the quality is there, nor even the airfare is competitive enough other regional airlines.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Shanghai
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"thanks to staff from Mumbai Airport"

Verified Review | My thanks to staff from Mumbai Airport of Malaysia Airlines in handing over me my IPad which I forgot in my seat pocket. It happened on 13th September while travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai. After getting all the formalities done on the airport, we were on our way to Pune when we got a call from Malasiyan airlines office. They not only informed us about our ipad but took great efforts in handing over to us.
RouteDenpasar to Mumbai via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I would fly with them again"

Verified Review | London to Kuala Lumpur return business class, boarding was smooth and flight departed on time. Non alcoholic drinks and towel was served during boarding. A380 business cabin a bit dated but seats (turn into flat bed) was comfortable for 13 hours flights, plenty of storage and amenity kit serve the purpose. The IFE system, offered variety of movies, TV series and music to choose from. The cabin crew show professionalism, friendly and polite. I was in the main section of business cabin and the crew managed to kept the cabin and lavatory clean (flight was about 80% full in business cabin). They serve the best chicken and beef satay with peanut sauce. I can't fault their in flight meals and offered selection of drinks (champagne, wine, beers, soft drinks and hot drinks) from the bar. I would fly with them again.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"single window seat was comfortable"

(Sri Lanka)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. The Golden Lounge at KUL airport is huge and impersonal, food choices are not acceptable and the place looks run down. Onboard very old aircraft but the seat arrangement in business class was good. My single window seat was comfortable with good sleeping amenities and the food is tasty. But no menu available in a premium cabin. The stewardess had to rattle off the menu to an almost full cabin. No idea what their drink choices are as you do not feel like asking the staff. The crew did not personally welcome passengers and introduce the facilities as its the norm in other carriers. They were hard working but something was missing - perhaps the personal touch. The satay service before landing can be presented more elegantly rather than taking an empty trolley in to the cabin. All in all the cost cutting is very evident.
AircraftA330-200
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"value for money was great"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar. I got the ticket at a very attractive price, value for money was great, considered it's business class, with lounge access, free seat selection and a generous 40 kg allowance. MH is doing their best to regain their reputation, although with small Boeing 737 the facilities are unfortunately limited. For a short flight of less than 2 hours, it's fine though. Crew were courteous and did their best. Most of the MH flights under 3 hours do not serve alcohol, but except this one, alcohol is free flowing and plenty. Meals are ok but not excellent. All in all, I was very satisfied with the whole experience. Do consider flying their earlier flight, not the one arriving in Bali at 3:30pm, the immigration queue is painfully long, with 5 other flights all arriving at the same time. It took me over an hour to get though. Still, not the fault of the airline though.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"flight departing 80 mins late"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. I have been flying Malaysia Airlines (MAS) for many years and also used many various other airlines. MAS pales in comparison with many other airlines while the prices are cheap. I have observed the quality of the service from comfort of seat to meals served going down. The punctuality of the airline is questionable with my flight departing 80 mins late.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"could not fault the staff"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. After a very pleasant flight from Melbourne to KL I was pleasantly surprised by the return flight. Checked in downtown and took the KLIA Express train to KL International. Went through security and then to the MAS Gold Lounge which is very big and a nice selection of food and drinks. Boarding was prompt though security is much more advanced prior to entering the Terminal itself. No priority for Business Class passengers at all. Seated in 2A which was the same seat I had from Melbourne to KL. Offered a juice or water and a hot towel before take off. Crew were very friendly and obliging. After take-off the drinks trolley appeared and the Satay service (I asked for seconds). Unlike the Melbourne to KL sector there was a Menu which I was shown and then ordered my dinner and more white wine. There was a cheese platter of sorts offered and a dessert wine. I could not fault the staff and the food. Seating comfortable though the area with a fully reclined chair for your feet is a tad small. I really enjoyed the flight and the staff were great. Landed on time in Melbourne and after nearly 45 years of flying it was the smoothest touch down on runway 34 that I have had.
AircraftA330-200
Date FlownAugust 2017

"seat controls did not work"

Verified Review | After a comfortable flight from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur the preceding week, I was looking forward to my return flight home to Melbourne later in August. Unfortunately, after the flight commenced, I discovered that the electronic seat controls did not work and my seat (7A) could not be adjusted via the control panel. I then had to wait until the meal service was completed before two crew members attempted to adjust the seat manually. This required me to stand in the adjacent economy section where other passengers were trying to sleep. My apologies to the poor man whom I accidentally bumped when moving for crew. Eventually, the seat was adjusted to a very uncomfortable sleeping position for the rest of the flight. I was very concerned, however, that it could not be readjusted to the required position for landing in Melbourne. The crew were very apologetic and undertook to report this situation. An alternative seat could not be offered as the flight was full. Subsequently, I lodged a complaint with Malaysia Airlines, requesting compensation for my flight costs only to be now offered 5000 Enrich points instead - hardly equivalent to the $1600 that this flight cost me. I've twice requested a review of this offer and have yet to receive the courtesy of a response. I'll not be recommending this airline to anyone else.
Date FlownAugust 2017

"no information about the flight"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Had a horrible night flying with Malaysia Airlines. First, I booked for MH804 (Kuala Lumpur to Manila), scheduled to fly 3rd September, 5.30 PM. At first, we were informed that our flight will be delayed for two hours due to adverse weather around airport. We were OK with this. However, after around 3.5 hours, there was no information about the status of the flight. The gate crew did not know what was the status of the flight, where is the plane, and where is the cabin crew. The in-duty manager was unreachable. There was neither food nor water provided during this period. Bad thing is that we had elderly and babies among the passengers. Then after 4 hours, we were told that we can board the plane. We boarded, then after 1 hour waiting in the plane (no flying yet), we were informed that the cabin crew apparently have exceeded their duty limit period, and thus they have to make decision whether they were going to find replacement, or cancel the flight. After waiting for one more hour inside the plane, we were told that the replacement crew will be fling from Singapore and we can fly at around 2 AM in the morning. Everyone were asked to step down from the plane. At least at this point they have decency to provide us flight meal. Then came 2 AM, the replacement crew apparently could not make it, so the flight have to be cancelled. Some of us get lucky to be rebooked to MH806 flying next morning, some others, well, I do not know what happened to them. No hotel room was provided, some of us trying to make up rest at the airline lounge, which is very bad. As a result, I had to stay up all night, miss important meeting in the next day, and spend the following day on sick leave.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila